+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Should Christians Use Magic Mushrooms?

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Should Christians Use Magic Mushrooms?

Should Christians be partaking in Magic Mushrooms? I mean inst it considered pharmika or sorcery? Find out the answers to these questions and more in this episode of The Mythicist Podcast where TruthSeekah speaks to Christ Rushing the Pastor of The Oklevueha Native American Church of Inner Light in Warrior Alabama.
    The church has a religious exemption to use marijuana, psylocibin mushrooms and peyote cactus, which have properties that augment traditional Native American spiritual beliefs and experiences, Rushing said. He calls their use in religious ceremonies a sacrament.

http://mythicist.me/christians-use-m...chris-rushing/

2. Link to Post #2
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Should Christians Use Magic Mushrooms?

I think it should be mandatory @ 25 years old; that some sort of psychedelic experience (as McKenna would say: a Heroic dose) be undertaken... Then again at 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60... or more frequently as grounding is needed.

Last edited by TargeT; 31st August 2016 at 19:05.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

3. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alekahn2 (31st August 2016), Daozen (1st September 2016), DeDukshyn (31st August 2016), drneglector (1st September 2016), Fellow Aspirant (1st September 2016), Jantje (6th September 2016), joeecho (31st August 2016), Kano (31st August 2016), KiwiElf (1st September 2016), LivioRazlo (31st August 2016), NancyV (7th September 2016), Pam (1st September 2016), Shannon (31st August 2016), Tyy1907 (31st August 2016), Wind (1st September 2016)

4. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I agree. It was a right of passage for me at age 31.

5. Link to Post #4
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 times in 1,211 posts

Most def.

I'll check it out, truthseekah.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

joeecho (1st September 2016), KiwiElf (1st September 2016), NancyV (7th September 2016), TargeT (31st August 2016), Tyy1907 (31st August 2016)

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 491 posts

Yes, total rite of passage. I first took mushrooms in college and have viewed the world differently ever since. It gave me a much more profound understanding and respect for all that is. I recommend everyone try a natural psychedelic at least once in his/her life.

The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug. - Maynard James Keenan

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kano For This Post:

Daozen (1st September 2016), joeecho (31st August 2016), KiwiElf (1st September 2016), NancyV (7th September 2016), OmeyocaN777 (16th November 2016), Shannon (31st August 2016), TargeT (31st August 2016), Tyy1907 (31st August 2016)

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kano (here)
    Yes, total rite of passage. I first took mushrooms in college and have viewed the world differently ever since. It gave me a much more profound understanding and respect for all that is. I recommend everyone try a natural psychedelic at least once in his/her life.
    They are all natural

I don't know of a single popular one(.. there are some RC's (research chemicals) that are psychedelic that isn't).
    Last edited by TargeT; 31st August 2016 at 20:26.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

joeecho (31st August 2016), KiwiElf (1st September 2016), Tyy1907 (31st August 2016)

11. Link to Post #7
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 times in 1,211 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Quote Posted by Kano (here)
    They are all natural

I don't know of a single (popular.. there are some RC's (research chemicals) that are psychedelic that isn't.
    A few friends of mine recently had a really bad time with some RC's made to act like psychedelics....like you said, I'd stay away from them and go with the natural way to trip your face off.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

joeecho (31st August 2016), KiwiElf (1st September 2016), Omi (1st September 2016), TargeT (31st August 2016), Tyy1907 (31st August 2016)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Shannon (here)

A few friends of mine recently had a really bad time with some RC's made to act like psychedelics....like you said, I'd stay away from them and go with the natural way to trip your face off.
    The natural ones have built in protectors against over dose... RC's do not, I find RC's fascinating, but from a distance.. no need to play with that crazyness.

there are no deaths attributed to any of the plant based psychedelics when taken orally (LSD, (which is mold based) included).
    Where are you?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Daozen (1st September 2016), joeecho (1st September 2016), KiwiElf (1st September 2016), NancyV (7th September 2016), Shannon (31st August 2016)

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,613 times in 320 posts

I took my rite of passage on magic mushrooms when I was about 25, I have never felt so connected after having that experience. Would like to try them again before SHTF, but I feel that my next great experience will come when I pass into my next life with God.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LivioRazlo For This Post:

joeecho (1st September 2016), KiwiElf (1st September 2016), NancyV (7th September 2016), Rosco1 (6th September 2016), Shannon (31st August 2016), TargeT (1st September 2016)

17. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 times in 437 posts

No one should use ANY drug for spiritual experience. The experienced gained from such a thing are not elevated and it's like putting the cart in front of the horse.

18. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

I dropped some very strong acid in my teens. I consider it a life saving event.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

KiwiElf (1st September 2016), NancyV (7th September 2016), Shannon (31st August 2016), TargeT (1st September 2016)

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,643 times in 276 posts

With the utmost respect towards anyone's right to a religion or dogma-based belief structure, might I suggest that consciousness is one of the few remaining domains that we should be allowed to explore - without the need to check for approval first.
    Love is all you need

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 42 For This Post:

Holly Lindin (2nd September 2016), joeecho (1st September 2016), KiwiElf (1st September 2016), LivioRazlo (1st September 2016), mountain_jim (10th September 2016), NancyV (7th September 2016), seko (1st September 2016), Shannon (31st August 2016), TargeT (1st September 2016), thunder24 (6th September 2016)

22. Link to Post #13
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,259 times in 1,040 posts

Mushrooms can be a lot of fun (though it's been awhile for me personally).

Dave - Toronto

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st September 2016), KiwiElf (1st September 2016), NancyV (7th September 2016)

24. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by OMG (here)
    No one should use ANY drug for spiritual experience. The experienced gained from such a thing are not elevated and it's like putting the cart in front of the horse.
    I used to believe that as well, I no longer do. I know from "experience" that there are concepts of possibilities and understanding within everyday experience that are profoundly life-changing for the positive that seem to not be able to be recognized as an ability of yours to conceive of, without first having had a psychedelic experience. For example, not until I tried MDMA (which technically isn't a psychedelic, but will work for my example), did I understand what the state of being without conscious fear was. I mean, I could try to imagine it, or read about it perhaps, but I would not know it. Its like someone describing what the Mona Lisa looks like to you - if they describe it do you know it? Could you recreate the "Mona Lisa" painting just by it's description? Not very close, what you could imagine would be intensely lacking compared to having that experience of "knowing" what the Mona Lisa looks like. This relates because the "Mona Lisa" is the fearlessness state, one where unconditional love lends its taste - this is the Love that Jesus spoke of, not the conditional love we all practice - that's not love. So unless I "Know" the Mona Lisa, I cannot recreate the "Mona Lisa" very well, no matter what tools I am given - they could be the best tools for the job ever, but if I don't know what I am painting, they won't help. However, with even just my fingers I could get a closer representation had I seen the Mona Lisa first, as opposed to just being described what it looked like.

I am miles ahead in my understanding of what real, unconditional, Love is and how to achieve it, and this particular experience that led to that understanding, would, as afar as I can tell, never have occurred without that MDMA experience. (achieve it honestly though, the ultimate conspiracy is the one about where humans constantly lie to themselves to justify their judgments and actions, thoughts, but mostly judgments, and everyone does, so no one calls others out on it - we all ignore it or pretend that "its not us, its them" - and then justify that judgment with some made up reasoning)

With remembering this experience, I was later able to create from scratch (based on my experience), "trainings" for myself to attempt to achieve the unconditional love and fearlessness; which I crafted from my own flavour of meditations, affirmations, constant self analysis, thought suppression, and attempting to maintain one of three states: gratitude, appreciation and praise - over several months, many hours a day. (had a "button pusher" type of job at the time so I had lot's of "mind time"). I had no real proper support, there was little in the way of objective and advanced spiritual training available anywhere at the time - internet was in it's infancy still. But with this training based around the experiences I had, I was able to profoundly change my life for the better, and achieve huge sums of experience based understanding and attain a basis upon which other understandings began to fit like clockwork into.

Street smarts always wins over "book" smarts.

I am not saying such experiences are for everyone, if one thinks it is not right for them at any given moment, then for that moment, it is not. That said, you are silly to try to dictate what provides spiritual advancement to individuals and what does not. It would not even be unheard of for people to even gain spiritual advancement from highly undesirable experiences ... I think in historically religious terms these are referred to as "tests", often with very positive outcomes.

No one can decide which of any individual's experiences will spiritually influence them or not. It is not something quantifiably predictable. The only "thing" that knows that, is the experience itself ... there are reasons we are trained to stay well within our "comfort zones", but the real reasons are not the ones we have been led to believe ... it is not for our "safety"
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 1st September 2016 at 19:38. Reason: tried to make it less confusing ... and added the last paragraph.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Holly Lindin (2nd September 2016), joeecho (1st September 2016), KiwiElf (1st September 2016), Latti (1st September 2016), LivioRazlo (1st September 2016), mountain_jim (10th September 2016), NancyV (7th September 2016), Shannon (31st August 2016), TargeT (1st September 2016), thunder24 (6th September 2016), Wind (1st September 2016)

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Totally disagree, hope that's ok with your absolute view of the world
    Where are you?

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

drneglector (1st September 2016), joeecho (1st September 2016), KiwiElf (1st September 2016), Latti (1st September 2016), LivioRazlo (1st September 2016), NancyV (7th September 2016), Spellbound (1st September 2016)

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    I used to believe that as well, I no longer do. I know from "experience" that there are concepts of possibilities and understanding within everyday experience that are profoundly life-changing for the positive that seem to not be able to be recognized as an ability of yours to conceive of, without first having had a psychedelic experience.
    IMO, (and I am no experienced psyhconaught):

it clears away the clouded thinking imposed by society by presenting a context so foreign, yet eerily familiar that your mind is finally allowed unbound creativity and the freedom to deal with the **** you haven't dealt with yet.

without first having had a psychedelic experience. For example, not until I tried MDMA (which technically isn't a psychedelic, but will work for my example), did I understand what the state of being without conscious fear was.....

I am miles ahead in my understanding of what real, unconditional, Love is and how to achieve it, and this particular experience that led to that understanding, would, as afar as I can tell, never have occurred without that MDMA experience. (achieve it honestly though, the ultimate conspiracy is the one about where humans constantly lie to themselves to justify their judgments and actions, thoughts, but mostly judgments, and everyone does, so no one calls others out on it - we all ignore it or pretend that "its not us, its them" - and then justify that judgment with some made up reasoning)
    MDMA has been used very successfully for treating PTSD, which often times involves extreme amounts of suppressed emotion and memory due to traumatic events (along with a hormonal imbalance that makes dealing with those suppression even harder). I like to think of MDMA as the skeleton key to everyone's emotional baggage... such a great tool & even if it's not needed it's not detrimental either (MDMA is very safe in moderation).

Street smarts always wins over "book" smarts.
    But the two together.................. Never stop learning

. there are reasons we are trained to stay well within our "comfort zones", but the real reasons are not the ones we have been led to believe ... it is not for our "safety"
    oooo elaborate!!!!

(I have my own theories)
    Where are you?

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st September 2016), Holly Lindin (2nd September 2016), joeecho (1st September 2016), KiwiElf (1st September 2016), NancyV (7th September 2016), Shannon (1st September 2016), Wind (1st September 2016)

30. Link to Post #17
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Interesting subject matter.

I say no drugs and you should send what you have (to me) so as to minimize the temptation.

Let's say a door or doors are opened on a particular drug. Would a rational person dismiss the opening of said doors by thinking something like 'oh, that is just the drug(s) talking' or would they determine it an authentic experience? It might be a tough question for one to answer if they had only used or mostly used drugs to 'get there'.

All goes back to the age old adage, 'what is real and what is an illusion?'

Now, what was I saying?
    Last edited by joeecho; 1st September 2016 at 01:26.

31. Link to Post #18
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

I've heard it said many times now that the "universe provides for you" on mushrooms... now I haven't tried them, but from what you guys are saying that sounds like it could be possible to me. Next time one of you guys does some shrooms, try and manifest some thoughts and see what happens?

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st September 2016), KiwiElf (1st September 2016)

33. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Ok, tell that to the shamans across the planet who have used plants, fungi included for spiritual reasons since the dawn of man. Go tell them they are fakes, or shortcutting some official way to 'get there'
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st September 2016), gord (1st September 2016), Holly Lindin (2nd September 2016), KiwiElf (1st September 2016), mountain_jim (10th September 2016), NancyV (7th September 2016), Shannon (2nd September 2016), TargeT (1st September 2016)

35. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 times in 617 posts

This is quite possibly the most ignorant thing you can say in this debate. So you think that when the Indians use tobacco in their religious ceremonies they are in the wrong? Or when it is used during the ayahuasca ceremonies?

lets talk carbs. They become sugar after you eat it by the body. Sugar is a drug. Therefore Catholics are taking a drug, also wine, during communion.

Furthermore, what drugs do is nothing. What i mean is your body is actually doing all the work from what I understand. You have receptors in your brain and what drugs do is bind with those receptors and cause your body to produce serotonin dopamine or neuro transmitters which then cause you to feel the effects. MDMA doesnt do anything but cause your body to produce alot of serotonin, dopamine, and Norepinephrine. So that high is produced by your body as a reaction to the stimulus. Which is why you can achieve this effect through running or meditation as well.

But how dare you cast such broad sentence. This is a very ethnocentric and western point of view. This is not even getting into the ideas of the Sacred Mushroom and the Cross and that all christian belief is really just mushroom worship. Or the ancient mystery religions and kykeon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast