+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Pope beatifies fraud/swindler known as Mother Teresa

1. Link to Post #41
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,447 times in 356 posts

Default Re: Pope beatifies fraud/swindler known as Mother Teresa

I volunteered at the home for the dying in Calcutta 1989. Only 3-4 weeks, and all I did was wash the dishes. At the time I was actually quite critical of Mother Teresa. In my youthful self righteousness I thought she should be more vocal about the causes of poverty. But I saw people dying. People who had been picked up from the streets. They were washed, fed. Seen. Did they kiss crucifixes? I don´t know. In the circumstances it wasn´t important. Many of them were in horrendous pain, and nobody had cared. Here someone cared. Could they have cared more? Maybe. But they cared enough.

Mother Teresa answered those who thought that she should be addressing the causes of poverty, that it was´t her job. Her job was to care for those who nobody wanted. I met her once shortly. The only vibes I picked up were of love. I read since that she could be a b****. Good for her, In the job she was doing she would need to be.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Swan For This Post:

Baby Steps (6th September 2016), Cidersomerset (6th September 2016), Ewan (6th September 2016), greybeard (6th September 2016), Justplain (8th September 2016), Kryztian (6th September 2016), Pam (7th September 2016), RunningDeer (6th September 2016), Shannon (7th September 2016), Smell the Roses (24th February 2019), Sueanne47 (8th September 2016), Valerie Villars (19th May 2018), Wind (7th September 2016)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Quote Mother Teresa answered those who thought that she should be addressing the
    causes of poverty, that it was´t her job. Her job was to care for those who nobody wanted.
    I met her once shortly. The only vibes I picked up were of love. I read since that she could
    be a b****. Good for her, In the job she was doing she would need to be.
    That's the contradiction I was trying to get over in my post ( badly). Did she have faults ?
    It seems so , but she was there. Should she be made a saint ? No , acknowledged ? Yes
    and she has been for decades . But that's up to the Vatican gang. If Jesus existed I do
    not think he would be impressed by any religion except maybe Buddhists and it is said
    he spent time in India ironically.......

Jesus was a Buddhist Monk BBC Documentary full doc for context
    interesting covering several theories......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAaW6BYhfNM

End segment ......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCB9tcC9-t8

====================================================

I just posted the RT item on the forgotten war thread, but it does remind me
    how ridiculous this world is and religions have played a large part...

Meanwhile in Yemen: All-female brigade of Houthi fighters brandishing
    rocket launchers during parade ( propaganda for the cameras )...

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 6th September 2016 at 23:03.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Baby Steps (6th September 2016), EFO (7th September 2016), greybeard (7th September 2016), RunningDeer (6th September 2016), Shannon (7th September 2016)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    Jesus was a Buddhist Monk BBC Documentary
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAaW6BYhfNM

Uploaded on Dec 11, 2011

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Baby Steps (6th September 2016), Cidersomerset (6th September 2016), EFO (7th September 2016), Ewan (8th September 2016), greybeard (7th September 2016), Pam (7th September 2016), Shannon (7th September 2016)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Canonising Mother Teresa: The Selling of the Catholic Church
    By Dr. Binoy Kampmark

Global Research, September 07, 2016

The question is: was a woman who preached virtue in suffering rather than trying to alleviate it and
    took money from dictators really that saintly at all? Douglas Robertson, The Independent, Sep 5, 2016

In looking at the antics surrounding saintliness, George Orwell’s remarks about the important presumption
    of sinning is all important. It is axiomatic that all saints be presumed sinners. The greater they are in
    achievement, heavy in the miracles department and achievement, the less likely they are to be the purest
    of pure.The story of Mother Teresa of Kolkata is a story of how a modern saint is cultivated and made.
    The Catholic Church, for all its ceremonial weight and stuffy ritual, has always been, in one sense, modern.
    Modern to corporate practice; modern to innovative methods of generating wealth; and novel for creating
    cohorts of public relations promoters known as saints.

The latest addition comes in the form of Mother Teresa, who was canonised on September 4. On being beatified,
    thereby being given the title of Blessed, the pathway to sainthood was assured. In doing so, the Church succumbed,
    according to the late Christopher Hitchens, “to the forces of showbiz, superstition, and populism.”[1]

Ever wishing to give a sense of incorporating even dissenters, the Church went so far as to ask Hitchens to play
    Devil’s Advocate. Naturally, the role of advocatus diaboli was itself pure show, necessary procedural pomp for
    an assured outcome. The MT train was chuffing inexorably to final canonisation.

The congenial, even admiring throngs of the notable and unknown have added voices over the years to the Mother
    Teresa cult. Much of it began with the grovelling tribute of a previously sharp man of letters Malcolm Muggeridge,
    who found in the Kolkata figure a creature of unquestioned virtue.

In Something Beautiful for God (1971), Muggers gushingly suggested that, “the wholly dedicated like Mother Teresa
    do not have biographies. Biographically speaking, nothing happens to them. To live for, and in, others, as she and
    the Sisters of the Missionaries of Charity do is to eliminate happenings, which are a factor of the ego and the will.”

While admitting to not being “enamoured with the idea of sainthood,” former volunteer Mari Marcel Thekaekara would
    still say that she “took dying people off the Kolkata streets. No one else does that.”[2] True, if only for a grander
    purpose in mind, all ego, and all will.

Thekaekara provides some insight, being one of the Catholic children who volunteered at the orphanage Shishu Bhavan.
    Mother Theresa the autocrat permanently loomed; respect for elders instilled; religious fervour upheld. Controls were
    decreed everywhere, from the frequency of nuns writing home, to the consumption of juice in the stifling heat.

There was anger at her techniques, her Christian apologias about poverty, her infuriating straightjacket tyranny.
    For all that, people were still brought “off filthy pavements” and allowed to “die in dignity.”

Hitchens famously thought otherwise. This “lying, thieving Albanian dwarf” wangled her way into the corridors of power,
    be they hypocritical evangelicals in the United States or Third World dictators. It did not matter where the money came from.

As Douglas Robertson explained in The Independent (Sep 5), Mother Teresa “was a celebrity, with a very well managed brand.”
    It was a brand that took the most reactionary views of the Church out of the doctrinaire closet and onto the streets, coupled
    with an unmatched capacity for fund raising through the Missionaries of Charity.

She damned contraception as wounding to husband and wife, an act of selfishness that retarded the natural processes of
    procreation. Shagging had to lead to having. “This turns to self and so destroys the gift of love in him or her.” She condemned
    abortion: “If a mother can kill her own child, then what is left of the West to be destroyed?”

Shaming leaders with sanctimonious authority, she would use poverty as her own whip of justification, her own alibi for existence.
    It mattered that people were poor because this provided some sense of grace – and naturally, a vital role for religious instruction.
    They were to suffer “like Christ’s passion.” Truly, a sadist in faith’s true employ.

Bone racking, debilitating suffering was solid gold to Mother Teresa, and could only ever be the logical outcome of a faith that insists
    on suffering in order to be saved. Naturally, she thrived in an environment where misery and poverty were of such levels, and of
    such depth. Jesus was truly overspending his time kissing everybody.

The cult of sainthood; Jesus lending his lips in repeated acts of generosity; the machine of publicity best seen in the cult of saints.
    Mother Teresa can now count herself in that company, with her biography well and truly crafted, ego and will acknowledged.

Dr. Binoy Kampmark was a Commonwealth Scholar atSelwyn College, Cambridge. He lectures at RMIT University,Melbourne. Email: bkampmark@gmail.com

Notes

[1] http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...e_dearest.html

[2] https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-dying-kolkata

The original source of this article is Global Research

Copyright © Dr. Binoy Kampmark, Global Research, 2016

http://www.globalresearch.ca/canonis...church/5544401

8. Link to Post #45
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 times in 1,716 posts

Quote Posted by Shannon (here)
    Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Quote Posted by Shannon (here)
    I am Saint Theresa of Avalon and i don't know much about nuthin.

I was programed, I mean brainwashed, I..I..mean taught by the Sisters of Mercy. They kind of looked like these gals, only rather than a gun their weapon of choice was a ruler and an effective guilt stare.

The other side of the "coin":Orthodox church...

Where money goes

and with what is left they made

Kiev,Ukraine
    The last words in the video: Spasiba Gospode - Thank you God

what you can do with the the Romanian Orthodox church's holly "wand"

As in the East so in the West

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

RunningDeer (7th September 2016), Shannon (7th September 2016), Wind (7th September 2016)

10. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Althena (here)
    "just because someone recieves a Nobel Prize doesn't mean they deserved it"-

Yup, kind of like Obummer. Go figure.

I would go one step further and say anyone who has recently received one is highly suspect.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

EFO (7th September 2016), RunningDeer (7th September 2016), Shannon (7th September 2016)

12. Link to Post #47
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,188 times in 1,661 posts

this will be my last posting on this subject-

A: my contact Renate Lüdemann (a true humanitarian!) who worked for Mother Teresa was not a nun and simply stated MT was the opposite of how MSM portrayed her-

B: Renate never stated she saw people "dieing in the streets" (people die in the streets everywhere on the planet including the USA) in India near where she worked otherwise I think she would've stated this- she was a very passionate, caring person and I think if she had witnessed this near MT's hospital she would've stated that- she only stated that MT didn't lift a finger to do any work whatsoever to help her patients-

C: I have never, ever condemmed charity work at a local level but I think we need to be careful about our monetary donations on an international level (start with the corrupt Red Cross among many others)-

D: if you wear ecclesiastical garb you can get away with anything and no-one will ask any questions-

E: Joan of Arc was beatified by the Vatican but according to a Ukrainian historian identified in David McGowan's book "The Politics of Serial Murder" (highly recommended) she was neither a peasant girl nor was she burned at the stake; she was royalty and died at the age of 50- check it out- so much for the honesty and the myth creations of the Vatican- start with cannonizing-

F: the website Vatileaks.org is of course highly controversial but once having earler exposed MT's financial activities why is this info now so difficult to access?- the minute the lid of censorship goes on something someone is trying to hide the truth-

now check out the following:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/canonis...church/5544401

I think the article just scratches the surface;

I do not understand for one second why people (including many on this website) flatly refuse to believe we are all being lied to about so many things and that MT could not possibly have been a fraud;

I rest my case and stick to my guns-

please be well all-

with respect to all-

Larry

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Ewan (8th September 2016), Nan (12th September 2016), RunningDeer (7th September 2016), Shannon (7th September 2016)

14. Link to Post #48
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 times in 1,716 posts

"We're no angels" (1989) Robert de Niro/Sean Penn

15. Link to Post #49
    Bangladesh Avalon Member
    Thanks

All these blames on MT have made me surprised! However, one thing you can't deny that when a famous person involved with a work, media and people always talk about him/her, not about the real hero. It is our nature

16. The Following User Says Thank You to john1565 For This Post:

Valerie Villars (19th May 2018)

17. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

John, you're right about being famous. Someone's always got their own perspective. Most people would not stand up well under a microscope. As I said in another thread............

Nobody's a saint. Not even a saint.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (28th May 2018), Icare (23rd February 2019)

19. Link to Post #51
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 times in 830 posts

So true, Valerie.

And I agree with Cardillac. She was nothing like she presented herself to be.
    When I first heard about that it came from my favourite English-speaking poet, Benjamin Zephaniah. I wasn't too happy to hear about it at the time, but he dind't have any reason to lie about her.
    Listen to this:

https://youtu.be/rrPjX5_gI1c

And it's true, she got millions of dollars of donations, but she didn't use any of the money to help her patients. She didn't try to save their lives at all, even when she could have.
    She didn't even give those in pain painkillers telling them they'd be closer to Jesus when they were in pain.

Then I came across this lecture from the University of Vienna. C. Goldner had an interview scheduled with her and says first he was made to wait for a long time, then when she finally arrived, they went into her office. She sat at her desk with a rosary in one hand and her walking-stick in the other. One of her nurses came in and put a stack of files on her desk and apparently she must have made some mistake, because Mother Teresa hit that nun's leg on her legs with her walking stick, really hard. At that point (after not even 10 minutes into the interview, the interviewer got up and left in disgust).

You can hear that here:

https://youtu.be/SDuqayOx2Nw
    from 32:04 - 33:16

just a bit over a minute and it's in German, but you understand that, Cardillac. He also thought MT had a really dark aura.

And there's more:

https://youtu.be/2uxtcy4FpN8 The unfortunate truth about Mother Teresa

And this:

https://youtu.be/NJG-lgmPvYA A doccumentary. Not for the faint-hearted.

And I used to admire her. .....
    Last edited by Icare; 23rd February 2019 at 15:34.

20. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Icare (here)
    So true, Valerie.

And I agree with Cardillac. She was nothing like she presented herself to be.
    When I first heard about that it came from my favourite English-speaking poet, Benjamin Zephaniah. I wasn't too happy to hear about it at the time, but he dind't have any reason to lie about her.
    Listen to this:

https://youtu.be/rrPjX5_gI1c

And it's true, she got millions of dollars of donations, but she didn't use any of the money to help her patients. She didn't try to save their lives at all, even when she could have.
    She didn't even give those in pain painkillers telling them they'd be closer to Jesus when they were in pain.

Then I came across this lecture from the University of Vienna. C. Goldner had an interview scheduled with her and says first he was made to wait for a long time, then when she finally arrived, they went into her office. She sat at her desk with a rosary in one hand and her walking-stick in the other. One of her nurses came in and put a stack of files on her desk and apparently she must have made some mistake, because Mother Teresa hit that nun's leg on her legs with her walking stick, really hard. At that point (after not even 10 minutes into the interview, the interviewer got up and left in disgust).

You can hear that here:

https://youtu.be/SDuqayOx2Nw
    from 32:04 - 33:16

just a bit over a minute and it's in German, but you understand that, Cardillac. He also thought MT had a really dark aura.

And there's more:

https://youtu.be/2uxtcy4FpN8 The unfortunate truth about Mother Teresa

And this:

https://youtu.be/NJG-lgmPvYA A doccumentary. Not for the faint-hearted.

And I used to admire her. .....
    from those videos, the thinking and the life of Mother Teresa, plus where the money went (nobody knows, probably the Vatican), we can understand that she was effectively glued to the Catholic church and not to the people, the poor.

If you look at her non verbal language, she is a very tough person. Doesn't look like a loving one.

To me, she is at the bottom row of spiritual evolution - she started to want to be spiritual and helping, but did not understand much. It was blind faith (not intelligent) to the Catholic church, not to the deed of helping.

Anyhow, we will not change much here, not the position of the Church, nor her poor treatment of the poor.

However, I think it is good that her work is questioned, as well as the hyper rich Catholic church.

I have known nuns who were like that, blind stupid faith into the church. And my grand mother too, although my grand mom was a genuine loving and truly helping human being.

In the last video, they mention the Bhopal catastrophe where a chemilcal was released by Union Carbide, killing 2,500 people, for which the families received about nothing.

2,500 people, it is the equivalent to the Twin Towers of New York. But they were workers, so nobody out west extended their hand, nor force industries to stop their killings.

And mother Teresa told people to forgive???? when did the American forgive for the twin towers?

2 weights, 2 measures, the poor, the rich
    Last edited by Flash; 24th February 2019 at 16:16.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

21. Link to Post #53
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 times in 830 posts

Can't say I'm surprised about this:

Late Mother Teresa's Order Investigated For Child Trafficking In India

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/17/62968...=1607730256917

India has ordered its state governments to inspect child care facilities run by the Missionaries of Charity — the Roman Catholic order founded by Mother Teresa — after arrests of a nun and a worker accused of baby trafficking.

Earlier this month, Indian authorities shut down a shelter home for pregnant, unmarried women run by the order in Ranchi, a city in the eastern state of Jharkhand, after discovering that four infants had been sold, including a 6-month-old boy who changed hands for 50,000 rupees ($730).

A nun, identified as Sister Koncilia, and a staff member, Anima Indwar, were arrested in connection with trafficking. According to The Times of India, Indwar confessed to selling the children.

At the time of the arrests, a dozen pregnant women were living at the shelter, according to Catholic News Agency.

CNA reports that one couple reportedly paid Indwar 120,000 rupees ($1,760) in exchange for a child, but that she later took the child back without returning the money. The couple then tipped off police, according to CNA.

India's NDTV cites an unnamed police source as saying all four babies were sold within the past year.

The Times reported on Monday that the last of the four, the 6-month-old boy, had been located and recovered. The newspaper said he was bought by a couple living near Ranchi.

"We are getting many leads, but we cannot divulge them as of now," Ranchi Superintendent of Police Anish Gupta was quoted by the Times as saying.

"We are working on verifying them," Gupta said.

In a statement on Monday, Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi said she had instructed states "to get child care homes run by Missionaries of Charity all over the country inspected immediately."

Gandhi's ministry said that under India's Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, shelters dealing with adoption must register with the Central Adoption Resource Authority. However, it said some 4,000 institutions have yet to comply more than two years after the law went into effect.

Missionaries of Charity discontinued adoptions in India in 2015, saying it disagreed with government rules that made it easier for single, divorced and separated people to adopt children, according to the Australian Broadcasting Corp.

"There was no question of selling any child as the Missionaries of Charity had stopped giving children for adoption three years ago," Samita Kumar, spokeswoman for the order, was quoted as saying by CNA. Kumar explained that even when the order did process adoptions, it never accepted money for them.

Missionaries of Charity was founded in Calcutta, now known as Kolkata, in 1950 by Albanian nun Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu, later known as Mother Teresa.

The order she founded expanded internationally and went on to become best known for its care of the sick and dying, particularly with facilities such as the Home for the Dying Destitutes in Kolkata, in eastern India.

She was not without detractors, however, including the late writer Christopher Hitchens, who said Teresa was focused on the need for the sick to suffer like Christ did on the cross, rather than on relieving their pain.

As The Washington Post writes, she was also criticized for her relationship with dubious personalities, such as Haitian dictator Jean-Claude Duvalier and disgraced financier Charles Keating.

Even Newsweek covers this report:
    https://www.newsweek.com/mother-tere...icking-1027780
    Last edited by Icare; 12th December 2020 at 00:31.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Icare For This Post:

Brigantia (13th December 2020), Ewan (12th December 2020), onawah (13th December 2020), Reinhard (12th December 2020), silvanelf (12th December 2020)

23. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

What in God’s name? Pope Francis plans to ‘fix’ global capitalism – with the help of the Rothschilds, Rockerfellers and Mastercard
    by Robert Bridge
    11 Dec, 2020 16:46
    https://www.rt.com/op-ed/509405-pope...al-capitalism/

(I could not find a recent thread about the Pope or the Catholic Church, so I am posting this here, but it can certainly be moved if there is a better place for it.)

"The Vatican has said it will partner with Fortune 500 companies to address various economic grievances, including inequality and environmental degradation. But is it really incumbent upon the Bishop of Rome to virtue-signal?
    Anyone entertaining hopes that planet Earth might escape the insanity of 2020 without any more mind-blowing stories may wish to fasten their seatbelts for a hard landing.

At a time when a global pandemic has swept away millions of jobs, and transformed a handful of global capitalists from ‘merely wealthy’ to fantastically wealthy overnight, Pope Francis has decided to take sides in this epic battle. Any hunches what side that might be? Hint: much like the Vatican, it is immensely wealthy, influential, and acts like a government unto itself.

Yes, you guessed it. Instead of the poor and destitute – you know, ‘the meek who shall inherit the earth' rigmarole – taking their rightful place alongside the Pope to fight against globalization on steroids, the Vatican has announced it will form a “historic partnership” with big business, known as the Council for Inclusive Capitalism. You can’t make this stuff up. And make no mistake: this is no mere talk shop, but rather a vast undertaking that involves“more than $10.5 trillion in assets under management, companies with over $2.1 trillion of market capitalization, and 200 million workers in more than 163 countries.”

Pope pens op-ed on perils of consumerism and ideology. US Left reads, ‘Justice ACB is a bad Catholic & horrible person’Pope pens op-ed on perils of consumerism and ideology. US Left reads, ‘Justice ACB is a bad Catholic & horrible person’
    “Capitalism has created enormous global prosperity, but it has also left too many people behind, led to the degradation of our planet, and is not widely trusted in society,” said Lady Lynn Forester de Rothschild, Founder of the Council and Managing Partner of Inclusive Capital Partners. “This council will follow the warning from Pope Francis to listen to ‘the cry of the Earth and the cry of the poor’ and answer society’s demands for a more equitable and sustainable model of growth.”

In other words, in an apparent act of divine intervention, the Rothschild family (whose wealth is estimated at $20 billion, although nobody really knows for sure), together with other famous brand names of globalization, such as the Rockefellers and Mastercard, will now take up the standard for the world’s downtrodden. Who will be the first one to hold their breath?

I tried to contain my skepticism, I really did, until I read a bit deeper into this contract between the Catholic Church and corporate power. Any guesses as to who will ensure the corporate chieftains live up to their end of the bargain?

Known as the Guardians for Inclusive Capitalism – I kid you not – these 27 devout and morally outstanding individuals all hail from the golden one percent. Let’s call them the Pope’s 27 billionaire disciples. Really outstanding people, such as President of the Rockefeller Foundation Rajiv Shah, CEO of Mastercard Ajay Banga, and CEO of Salesforce Marc Benioff, will now behave like Good Samaritans, carrying out the will of the Holy See around a ravaged, lockdown-wearied planet. And here is the catch: there is not a single Vatican cardinal or even a deacon on the list of Guardians. So, who will guard over the guardians? Yes, the corporate elite themselves! They must have read Donald Trump’s ‘The Art of the Deal’.

My initial skepticism shot into overdrive when it became clear what acts of charity the council would promote: “The Guardians will hold themselves accountable, committing to a list of intended actions involving environmental, social and governance matters,” Forbes reported. “The Guardians … have said they plan to hire and promote more women, increase diversity hires, commit to clean energy by purchasing 100% renewable electricity, reduce greenhouse gas emissions...” Yada, yada, yada.

Forgive me, Father, but that sounds an awful lot like the controversial progressive platform being touted by Joe Biden and Kamala Harris that has divided the United States down the middle. In other words, this unholy marriage has already alienated at least one half of the US population, who fear a Biden presidency will herald in an age of socialism in America. Meanwhile, it is hardly reassuring that these profit-driven individuals will be allowed to “hold themselves accountable” to take on unspecified “social and governance matters” and “other initiatives,” whatever those happen to be. The reason for suspicion should be obvious. Aside from the absurdity of letting profit-driven corporations play guardian over themselves, we are now living in a time when these out-of-control behemoths are no longer content to just hawk their products to consumers; they have taken a serious stand on cultural and political issues, which many people find unacceptable yet must bear silently with a smile.

Using their profits from consumer spending, corporations such as Coca-Cola can run an extremely controversial Sprite advertisement campaign, for example, that promotes a transgender lifestyle and that will be seen by millions of impressionable children. Or how about Gillette’s massively disappointing (and disliked) commercial that took issue with so-called ‘toxic masculinity.’ Are these the “other initiatives” that corporations will be forcing on an unsuspecting public with the stamp of papal authority? Personally, I’ve never heard Pope Francis speak out against these extremely provocative ideas.

Perhaps even more worrying is that many companies, compelled to prove they are taking a stand on behalf of the latest cause célèbre, have enthusiastically jumped aboard the Black Lives Matter juggernaut, which critics – of which there is no shortage, even among the black American population – say works to the disadvantage of other races, not least white Americans, who have become the bane of Western civilization overnight.

Is this the sort of ‘equality’ big business will be promoting with the quiet blessing of the Vatican? In their woke bid to become more ‘equal and diverse,’ will corporations begin to promote particular groups of people at the expense of others? After all, the Trump administration was just forced to take executive action against ‘critical race theory’ inside the government, while academia is now rampant with lectures teaching the evils of the ignoble white man. Are we on the precipice of a new age of racism in the United States and elsewhere, where the historic tables are turned with the help of corporate America? Although Pope Francis may have the best intentions at heart in promoting this sort of dialogue between the Vatican and the corporate world, unless there is real involvement by the Church to rein in corporate power, it will become a wasted opportunity in very short order.

The Council for Inclusive Capitalism is nothing more and nothing less than a cynical PR stunt for corporate power that allows their controversial initiatives, heavily steeped in the rapacious accumulation of profit, as well as the promotion of dangerous ‘woke’ values, to win the seal of approval from one of the most powerful religious authorities on the planet.

Such a program really amounts to an act of mindless virtue-signaling from the Catholic Church, which has fallen out of favor of late, and a cheap opportunity for the corporate world to conceal its behavior behind the shroud of morality and saintliness. It would have been far more effective and symbolic had Pope Francis committed himself to a contract with the people, with his true followers, in the fight against corporate power. Instead, he made a pact with the devil. "

Robert Bridge is an American writer and journalist. He is the author of 'Midnight in the American Empire,' How Corporations and Their Political Servants are Destroying the American Dream. @Robert_Bridge
    Each breath a gift...

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bluegreen (13th December 2020), Brigantia (13th December 2020), Ewan (12th December 2020), greybeard (12th December 2020), TomKat (13th December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3