+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pope beatifies fraud/swindler known as Mother Teresa

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Default Re: Pope beatifies fraud/swindler known as Mother Teresa

@ Cidersomerset

I have watched Christopher Hitchens and Bill Donohoe before on this subject, although I didn't listen to the above links. They are two of the most arrogant people out there and have absolutely no authority on the subject. If either of them ever entered a Mission like Mother Teresa ran, it would be for a quick photo-op and then quick back to the limo and the hotel for a quick dis-infecting.

CNN seems particularly beholden to Bill Donohoe when it comes to "explaining the Catholic" view. Donohoe is an extremely right-wing arrogant person who always comes off extremely arrogant - most Catholics I know feel repulsed by him.

You might want to research Project Mockingbird and look into the CIA connection of people like Anderson Cooper. The whole concept is to create a dialog that divides people. Donohoe will convince some, that religious people are victims and misunderstood in their charity, while Hitchens that religion isn't really helpful and is in fact quite evil. And they will convince everyone else that they are both arrogant turds hiding behind their arrogant intellectualism or their faux pious religiosity.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Cidersomerset (5th September 2016), greybeard (5th September 2016), RunningDeer (5th September 2016), Shannon (5th September 2016), ulli (5th September 2016), Wind (7th September 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 times in 1,211 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Quote Posted by Shannon (here)
    I am Saint Theresa of Avalon and i don't know much about nuthin.
    Smoking is bad for you, so they say-- who is they?
    I wouldn't make a habit of it.
    Nun today --dont know about tomorrow.
    I stopped again--lol

Must be the mood Im in---it will pass.

Love Chris
    Oh hells bells..... I'll just have to switch to chewin' tabacy

Last edited by Shannon; 5th September 2016 at 19:05.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

EFO (7th September 2016), greybeard (5th September 2016), Nasu (6th September 2016), RunningDeer (5th September 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)

I was programed, I mean brainwashed, I..I..mean taught by the Sisters of Mercy. They kind of looked like these gals, only rather than a gun their weapon of choice was a ruler and an effective guilt stare.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

Cidersomerset (5th September 2016), EFO (7th September 2016), greybeard (5th September 2016), Nasu (6th September 2016), RunningDeer (5th September 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Smoking is bad for you, so they say-- who is they?
    I wouldn't make a habit of it.
    Nun today --dont know about tomorrow.
    I stopped again--lol

Must be the mood Im in---it will pass.

Love Chris
    Oh hells bells..... I'll just have to switch to chewin' tabacy

[IMG][/IMG]
    Well thats made in Scotland --Nun nicer--look no further.
    Bells is a whiskey manufacturer--the Gaelic expression for whiskey is "The water of life"

Sorry to be so off topic--not taking away from the underlying seriousness of the thread.

Love Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Cidersomerset (5th September 2016), EFO (7th September 2016), RunningDeer (5th September 2016), Shannon (5th September 2016)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

I agree with those above who defend MT. Can you imagine being yourself as poor as those near death on a Calcutta sidewalk who have absolutely nothing, in pain, unable to move, leaving this world in filth, who then are given a shelter on a cot, water to drink, food to eat and whatever is available to provide comfort for their passing. I can think of nothing greater in the eyes of that poor person. MT would take donations from the very devil himself in order to be able to provide that slimmest comfort to the needy and keep her shelters going. If you want to slay someone, how about the rich governing India, etc.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

greybeard (5th September 2016), RunningDeer (5th September 2016), Shannon (5th September 2016), ulli (5th September 2016), Wind (7th September 2016)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by amor (here)
    I agree with those above who defend MT. Can you imagine being yourself as poor as those near death on a Calcutta sidewalk who have absolutely nothing, in pain, unable to move, leaving this world in filth, who then are given a shelter on a cot, water to drink, food to eat and whatever is available to provide comfort for their passing. I can think of nothing greater in the eyes of that poor person. MT would take donations from the very devil himself in order to be able to provide that slimmest comfort to the needy and keep her shelters going. If you want to slay someone, how about the rich governing India, etc.
    When asked how she could do what she did, Mother Teresa said "I see Christ in each one"

Its easy to criticize but in reality, if you have not spent time in the situation, as described by amor, how can you possibly judge--the rights and wrongs of it.

Second hand information can be a form of brainwashing and is invariably divisive--them and us.
    Believe the best of Mother Teresa, believe the worst, either way you might have it right--or does the truth lie in the middle?

Chris

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Cidersomerset (5th September 2016), Eram (5th September 2016), RunningDeer (5th September 2016), Shannon (5th September 2016), ulli (5th September 2016), Wind (7th September 2016)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Quote I have watched Christopher Hitchens and Bill Donohoe before on this subject
    I agree Donohue has odd views on underage sex claiming post puberty 12 / 13
    year olds is not peodophelia and until 2013 he would of been right under Vatican
    law and some other countries. But most would disagree with his views I would of
    thought. Hitchin's was a atheist and had his views on religion and was referencing
    M T's book. I was more surprised the volume of vids on the u'tube link. The
    Catholic church is a huge organisation and there is good and bad within. But that is
    not a defence for the amount of abuse from members of all religious groups in the
    name of religious control whether sanctioned or by rogue elements within. The same
    goes for non religious groups and governments.M T may well have done good work
    as well as fighting her own demons within ,which she may of controlled better. The
    far bigger criminals in this is the Indian government for allowing such poverty to
    thrive and continue.

==================================================

Quote You might want to research Project Mockingbird and look into the CIA
    connection of people like Anderson Cooper
    I'm aware of Anderson Coopers links and there are spies/agents in all mainstream
    media and probably the larger alternate outlets , certainly the BBC has and are
    probably still doing it , which explains how Jimmy Saville got away with it , as
    procurement of underage children , blackmail are all part of the dark side of
    government/control it seems and the church and other establishment groups in the
    US ,UK and probably around the world are connected at certain levels.

Revealed: how the BBC used MI5 to vet thousands of staff
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-of-staff.html

They are Hillaries personal news service

I was trying to keep my responses semi light , but it is getting darker.....
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 5th September 2016 at 20:35.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Kryztian (6th September 2016), RunningDeer (5th September 2016), Shannon (5th September 2016)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Paula no doubt there were many such as you describe---they were brainwashed, conditioned too.
    However any organization, being in duality must have the opposites---Churches, healing profession --you name it will have ---the good and truly evil.
    No doubt many can testify that they benefited greatly from the support given by their religion and many will say otherwise from personal experience--like your self.

I was fortunate I grew up out with any of that.

Love Chris
    Hi Chris, I went a little long. Feel free to send me the bill for the therapy session.

The reality is I liked the sisters I had. Some students boarded at the academy and went home on the weekends if they weren’t from another country. I always felt bad for one five year old with leg braces crying while the sister helped her off the public bus every Monday. Friday afternoons, she be all smiles ready to go home.

The nuns’ teaching style didn’t match my learning style(s). Memorization, ugh! Full-on class drone rote method. It all sounded like the morning prayers we recited with the faceless nun over the intercom. Prayers that made no sense to me.

And there was the dreaded Friday spelling bees. Half the class on one side and the other half on the other. When you misspelled, you sat down. I learned to go to the end of the line-up…I..I mean line…that way there’d be others down before me. Strange how fingers crossed and prayers never helped me get an easy word to spell.

Spelling practice was hands on, tactile experience. But the distraction of those two centimeter squared, cardboard letters that were dumped all over my desk in a confusing pile of upside down and side ways squiggles, that I tried to tidy up, always meant I ran out of time. Not to mention when the nun came by to help someone, her swishy veil created a breeze and a new distraction…those ABC’s ’n’ LMNOP’s tumbled to the floor.

The most embarrassing thing in 1st grade was the three reading groups. The Eagles, the Condors, and the robins. I was a damn robin. I must’ve been dumb. That’s what I surmised and based on my cloth cover reader vs the hard cover editions that the Eagles and the Condors used, I was smart enough to know that much.

Fortunately, we moved to the country and went to public school. It was a breezy time because they were learning things I had already learned. So, I was a robin no more. More likely, I finally understood the gig. Puke back the information and prayed there wasn’t memorization.

Paula ♡
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 5th September 2016 at 20:30.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Cidersomerset (5th September 2016), greybeard (5th September 2016), Kryztian (6th September 2016), Matthew (5th September 2016), Nasu (6th September 2016), Shannon (5th September 2016), Valerie Villars (19th May 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Funny, funny!....... Still smiling.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Cidersomerset (5th September 2016), EFO (7th September 2016), greybeard (5th September 2016), Nasu (6th September 2016), Shannon (5th September 2016)

19. Link to Post #30
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,188 times in 1,661 posts

@ Kryztian

" that you have a need to condemn this type of work"

for God's sake, Kryztian, when did I ever throw cold water over charity work in general??!!!- NEVER!

where are you coming from?- why do you continue to misquote me?- please re-read my last posting to you-

start with this: ""I know a lot of people who are hospice volunteers who spend time with the dying, keeping them company"- I also- well, not MANY but some- and God bless them for it!-

of course there are many charity workers everywhere who are working selflessly to help others"

I'm absolutely flabbergasted- I don't know what to say anymore-

Larry

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Cidersomerset (5th September 2016), RunningDeer (5th September 2016)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

If we enter to judge if this person is "saint" or isn't by trying to justify/refute the labeling ("saint") then we are jumping in the same pile of filth where the catholic church likes to submerge. The catholic church is far from having the right to do such degradation or elevation of us who haven't been declared "saints" or anyone declared in such idiotic manner.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guayabal For This Post:

Cidersomerset (6th September 2016), RunningDeer (6th September 2016)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    @ Kryztian

" that you have a need to condemn this type of work"

for God's sake, Kryztian, when did I ever throw cold water over charity work in general??!!!- NEVER!

where are you coming from?- why do you continue to misquote me?
    I never said your were condemning charity work in general. But clearly, you did call Mother Teresa a fraud and a swindler, and thereby are implicating most of her Missionaries that follow her in these crimes too. The only evidence you cited are of documents on vatileaks that don't exist any more, if they ever did, and the fact that your doctor friend didn't get the recognition and consideration she deserved from an organization that was too focused elsewhere on caring for the those of the world's poorest people who were also refugees, mentally ill, sick children, dying of AIDS or leprosy.

Before you create another post here on Avalon, you may want to think through what you are writing, because some of us will hold you to common standards of reason, logic, evidence, and fairness. We do tend to question people and hold them accountable for what they say.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,953 times in 2,389 posts

I'm always thankful for any discussion that allows the wisest of sayings to rise to the forefront of my mind.

Judge not, lest you yourself be judged.

I always thought she was a selfless person till somebody, (a very intelligent and thoughtful person), told me she wasn't. It came as a shock at the time but at the end of the day, one way or the other, I have no idea.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Cidersomerset (6th September 2016), EFO (7th September 2016), greybeard (6th September 2016), RunningDeer (6th September 2016), Valerie Villars (19th May 2018)

27. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dear Cardillac
    Though you have had some criticism for your initial post I think the subject was well worth bringing up, so thanks for starting the thread.

Best wishes
    Chris

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ceetee9 (6th September 2016), Cidersomerset (6th September 2016), Nasu (6th September 2016), RunningDeer (6th September 2016), Shannon (6th September 2016)

29. Link to Post #35
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

I heard a story third hand from some nurses who travelled to Calcutta to work at mother Teresa's hospital. They were expecting to find a place of healing. It turned out that the centre was more about palliative care for the old,sick, and dying. They would routinely see dying people being encouraged to kiss the cross. These people would be told that if they accepted Jesus, they would be forgiven and leave the wheel of karma. This was missionary work for the dying. It gave me a very creepy feeling when I heard it and I think I know why now. If you die with this expectation of being met by Jesus and taken to heaven you are open to entrapment, and the memory wipe etc as detailed by simon parkes and others.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post906014
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

31. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)
    I heard a story third hand from some nurses who travelled to Calcutta to work at mother Teresa's hospital. They were expecting to find a place of healing. It turned out that the centre was more about palliative care for the old,sick, and dying. They would routinely see dying people being encouraged to kiss the cross. These people would be told that if they accepted Jesus, they would be forgiven and leave the wheel of karma. This was missionary work for the dying. It gave me a very creepy feeling when I heard it and I think I know why now. If you die with this expectation of being met by Jesus and taken to heaven you are open to entrapment, and the memory wipe etc as detailed by simon parkes and others.

Dont think the Catholic Church would endorse the concept of reincarnation.
    As for Simon Parks views on consciousness etc They are far removed from the teachings of enlightened mystics, thats firsthand experience, Simon is quoting this and that--he is not enlightened.--Believe what you want.
    Chris

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Baby Steps (6th September 2016), Cidersomerset (6th September 2016), Kryztian (6th September 2016), RunningDeer (6th September 2016), Shannon (6th September 2016)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Simon has no idea what happens after death.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

Baby Steps (6th September 2016), Cidersomerset (6th September 2016), greybeard (6th September 2016), Hazelfern (28th November 2016), RunningDeer (6th September 2016), Wind (7th September 2016)

35. Link to Post #38
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

No-wish I had not included the last reference to entrapment!

More interested in why they would wish to convert people on their death beds...
    Sorry...
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

greybeard (6th September 2016), RunningDeer (6th September 2016)

37. Link to Post #39
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Sorry...
    I understood your reference to entrapment as how a person in a weakened state can be manipulated into a contract by the archonic astral realm. In which case, they’d be on the karmic, reincarnation wheel rather than back to Source or wherever their soul elects to go for further experience(s).

How to not get snagged into hellish trickery?

While traveling on one’s elected path, open to an expanded cognition. Live as true self that’s underneath the ego prison.

Clear out the gunk programs from parents, peers, cultures, religions, political ideologies and schools. Nix the illusory beliefs that’ve driven one through life. Question everything. Increase discernment. Expose the ego prison. Alleviate false persona.

Live in accordance to who you are in your core essence.
    Live as flawless as humanly possible in each moment.

redundancy and review
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 6th September 2016 at 14:02.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Baby Steps (6th September 2016), Foxie Loxie (6th September 2016), greybeard (6th September 2016)

39. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Sorry...
    Im not sure that they want to convert as such. Its possibly they thought that Jesus will save their souls, from going to hell or in between, heaven and hell purgatory.
    Enlightenment has nothing do do with any of that---its about finding your True Self as indicated by Paula.

Best wishes
    Chris

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Baby Steps (6th September 2016), Foxie Loxie (6th September 2016), RunningDeer (6th September 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast