+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Family members of 9/11 victims

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Cool Family members of 9/11 victims

Where are the family members of all those 9/11 victims? Are any of them banning together to file a class action law suit or force the government to tell them the truth about their murdered loved ones? If I were the family member of someone our government HELPED murder, I'd be a very loud protestor to say the least! I'm amazed that 1000s of lawyers are not involved in filing class action suits. Where are all of those family members? Has the government succeeded in shutting up every single one of them???

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Default Re: Family members of 9/11 victims

A lot of them were paid money by the government, in the tens of thousands of dollars each if I remember correctly. I think there was a stipulation in accepting the money that they could seek no further litigation over the events of 9/11.

Courts have suppressed many lawsuits related to 9/11 so far. Sibel Edmonds had a case that received a fair amount of attention in the 9/11 truth community but it was ultimately thrown out of court after the defense claimed state secrets privilege.

Nevermind, the families got almost $2 million on average.

Quote The September 11th Victim Compensation Fund was created by an Act of Congress, the Air Transportation Safety and System Stabilization Act (49 USC 40101),[1] shortly after 9/11 to compensate the victims of the attack (or their families) in exchange for their agreement not to sue the airline corporations involved. Kenneth Feinberg was appointed by Attorney General John Ashcroft to be Special Master of the fund. He worked for 33 months pro bono. He developed the regulations governing the administration of the fund and administered all aspects of the program.[2]

Feinberg was responsible for making the decisions on how much each family of a victim would receive. Feinberg had to estimate how much each victim would have earned in a full lifetime. If a family accepted the offer, it was not possible to appeal. Families unhappy with the offer were able to appeal in a nonadversarial, informal hearing to present their case however they wanted. Feinberg personally presided over more than 900 of the 1,600 hearings. At the end of the process $7 billion was awarded to 97% of the families; the average payout was $1.8 million. A non-negotiable clause in the acceptance papers for the settlements was that the families were to never file suit against the airlines for any lack of security or otherwise unsafe procedures.[3]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septem...pensation_Fund

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Thumbs up value of human life

Quote Posted by bsbray (here)
    A lot of them were paid money by the government, in the tens of thousands of dollars each if I remember correctly.
    Well, that's probably a fair estimate on the value of a human life!
    Quote Nevermind, the families got almost $2 million on average.
    Cool! Not bad for a day's work!
    Quote At the end of the process $7 billion was awarded to 97% of the families; the average payout was $1.8 million.
    Not bad! I hope they all walked away HAPPY!
    LOL, take the money and run!

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Default Re: Family members of 9/11 victims

"The Unspeakable" is a new film about many family members (parents, siblings, children) and their search for 9/11 truth. While all of these people seem to live productive, healthy lives, you can see their underlying grief, anger and frustration at a system that does not want to give them the truth about what happened on that day.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th December 2021), graciousb (4th December 2021), Sue (Ayt) (4th December 2021)

+ Reply to Thread