Thread: New Age Lie

1. Link to Post #81
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 899 posts

Default Re: New Age Lie

I dont have to have Ralph telling me how to live healthily

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sueanne47 For This Post:

Akasha (27th September 2016), greybeard (27th September 2016), raff (27th September 2016), RunningDeer (27th September 2016)

3. Link to Post #82
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

Well after looking at the video of Lorna Byrne and guardian angels and getting wonderful help from my guardian angel I went to book an event she was going to talk at (alternatives.org.UK on the 6th of October)

I encountered resistance in trying to book this event in which I complained to my angel that whenever one tries to do something interesting there's always a resisting force to that good action. Then I remembered that picture of Hindu design of the angels and demons having a tug of war. It struck me that the counterforce to life and the manifesting of ones desires was because of this "counter force". Hearing the good conscience in myself it struck me that there is also the bad suggestive impulse that I've both heard, seen and received dreams by (exactly like the angel on one shoulder and the demon on the other) so if you have a guardian angel then that angel is guarding your soul from your demon.

As one who's had their third eye opened in my youth by drugs I had a massive break down of seeing bad spirits, demons and lost and suffering souls. That stopped me meditating for a few years cos whenever I closed my eyes the nasties more often than not would appear (yes there was the light/nice ones too)

After many years of this I've come back to meditating on the stillness in order to just "come back to my Self" (although to be sure I've never really left even if I tried)
    The nasties can't touch you and when you realise this and what they represent (stagnation, entropy, laziness, hate, resentment, bitterness and just about any negative thoughts about life) then ones path becomes all the more clearer.

Meditation for me is about coming home and it's fascinating and wonderful place that we all have. To still oneself is to tune oneself to ALL THAT IS DIVINE AND TO ALL THAT IS GOOD.
    THE STAIRWAY TO YOUR DIVINE SELF.
    Last edited by raff; 28th September 2016 at 01:43.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raff For This Post:

greybeard (27th September 2016), RunningDeer (27th September 2016), Sueanne47 (27th September 2016)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks

Quote Posted by raff (here)
    Well after looking at the video of Lorna Byrne and guardian angels and getting wonderful help from my guardian angel I went to book an event she was going to talk at (alternatives.org.UK on the 6th of October)

I encountered resistance in trying to book this event in which I complained to my angel that whenever one tries to do something interesting there's always a resisting force to that good action. Then I remembered that picture of Hindu design of the angels and demons having a tug of war. It struck me that the counterforce to life and the manifesting of ones desires was because of this "counter force". Hearing the good conscience in myself it struck me that there is also the bad suggestive impulse that I've both heard, seen and received dreams by (exactly like the angel on one shoulder and the demon on the other) so if you have a guardian angel then that angel is guarding your soul from your demon.

As one who's had their third eye opened in my youth by drugs I had a massive break down of seeing bad spirits, demons and lost and suffering souls. That stopped me meditating for a few years cos whenever I closed my eyes the nasties more often than not would appear (yes there was the light/nice ones too)

After many years of this I've come back to meditating on the stillness in order to just "come back to my Self" (although to be sure I've never really left even if I tried)
    The nasties can't touch you and when you realise this and what they represent (stagnation, entropy, laziness, hate, resentment, bitterness and just about any negative thoughts about life) then ones path becomes all the more clearer.

Meditation for me is about coming home and it's fascinating and wonderful place that we all have. To still oneself is to tune oneself to ALL THAT IS DIVINE AND TO ALL THAT IS GOOD. YOUR DIVINE SELF
    *THANK YOU* Raff for sharing your experience, so do you see ghosts or shadows now in another dimension, if not, how do you shield yourself?

I think my guardian angel put information in front of me to make me aware of something that dont seem right, and I'm glad now that I had some kind of 'blockage' stopping me going any further.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sueanne47 For This Post:

raff (28th September 2016)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks

Dear Sueanne47, I don't need to shield myself or do anything I just ignore them. Like if I'm walking past a cemetery I will just look away or if I go to sleep I will put my eyes focus into myself and fall to sleep. In the end we are the arbiters of what we choose to focus on and can break off any contact or vision that is either forced on us or that is shown to us.

On the plus side one gets to "dream" of places, people and conversations beyond this solar system but if I had a choice one way or the other I would choose to not have this ability. The bad imo far outweighs the good and besides in regard to what were doing here on earth I don't believe it's necessary just now. It did initially made me seek help for this problem which opened a door to an amazing journey of meeting some brilliant people, an excellent spiritual group and activities and experiences that have changed my life for the good.

But meditation imo is not about seeing but about feeling and sensing and being. These are the senses that one should best become intimate with because it will lead to recognise knowing which leads to trust which makes love and wondernent grow.

I've written this line before on PA but it's one of my favourite lines in a book by Tolkien of Lord of the Rings fame in which Gandalf the wizard says
    "there are many folk who wish to know before hand what is to be set on the table, but those who labour to prepare the feast will keep their secret, for wonder makes the words of praise grow louder."

I think that line can be effective for other meanings not least in regards to this pickle you've opened.
    Last edited by raff; 27th September 2016 at 18:33.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raff For This Post:

Sueanne47 (27th September 2016), The Freedom Train (11th October 2016), Unicorn (14th October 2016)

9. Link to Post #85
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

In Truth you are perfect--no improvement necessary or even possible--you are a ray of the Absolute.
    There is no need to open third eye or not open third eye---this is all in the play of consciousness.
    When some study of the state called enlightenment is made--the concepts put on spirituality drop away.

Another name for enlightenment is Self Realization--which is revealed when through mediation you discover that you are not the"me"--not the person--these are temporary states.

A good clear account of self realization--not second hand--not a video is on the link..

If you are serious about "moving forward" spirituality you might want to look at this

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post456904

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

raff (27th September 2016)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks

Dear Halcyon026, it doesn't matter what vibration your on the negatives can still access you because of what our bodies are connected to (as I understand it)
    There is a point when we do disconnect from that personally but as I understand it it relates to karma. One has to literally purify it but purity of body and mind is a step in the right direction (although significant it doesn't shift it that much)
    It is done by unselfish, genuine compassionate deeds (as well as to oneself granted) that this is cleansed and by the suffering we experience. This may be unwelcome to most but our souls as far as I know this are willing to undertake this physical life knowing this.
    This would bring a lot of furore to most people (not least to myself) but it is a humility that is difficult to reach.
    Certainly the way the human identity relates to life is far different to how the soul sees it.

Sovereignty is a nice word to the ego but it can as the "galactic historian" Andrew Bartzis says disconnect one from a lot of negative influences but not all. I wouldn't trust anyone who says that otherwise as this is not my experience and knowing.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raff For This Post:

greybeard (27th September 2016), Sueanne47 (27th September 2016)

13. Link to Post #87
    Thanks

What's going on with Halcyon026 ???

I just heard a great discussion from a video Mojo posted, that relates to what I'm saying, this is my reply :

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1102096

I'll look at that link, thanks Chris.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sueanne47 For This Post:

greybeard (27th September 2016), mojo (12th October 2016)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

TraineeHuman says in these links about protection and the dark side entities of our psyche when channelling (if anyone DOES decide to open 3rd eye)

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post597664

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post590025

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sueanne47 For This Post:

Baby Steps (28th September 2016), raff (27th September 2016)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

Dear Sue,

Firstly, may I say that we are under the influence of our own negativity and also of dark forces (but balanced by benevolent forces) all the time. It's my experience and that of many others that the best forms of meditation put one into a more protected state than anything else I know of, including prayer. (In the long distant past I did some exorcisms, successfully, though I don't recommend it to anyone to try to do that. Accordingly, I needed to investigate and absolutely find out for sure what the most potent form of protection was.)

Secondly, did you know that something like a thousand people in the UK get killed on the roads every year? Surely, then, it's far too dangerous for you to drive or ride in any car. Ditto for ever using any bus. Similarly, you need to totally avoid aeroplanes and trains. Plus, you need to never cross a road by foot any more. Too dangerous. Nor walk on any footpaths, because quite a few people get run over there too. There's a real conundrum, though, from the fact that being alive is lethal in 100% of cases. Committing suicide doesn't work, because one just has to come back again and face all the things one was trying to run away from. I guess you'll just have to live in constant existential fear on that one, it seems.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Baby Steps (28th September 2016), greybeard (28th September 2016), Sueanne47 (28th September 2016), Wind (28th September 2016)

19. Link to Post #90
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Mooji ♥ Nothing Here But You ◦ Guided Meditation

I posted this else where but it fits this thread.
    There is a lot of non-duality truth in the simplicity of the video.

Whats is there to fear?

Chris

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Baby Steps (28th September 2016), sandy (28th September 2016), Sueanne47 (28th September 2016), Wind (28th September 2016)

21. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

Hi TraineeHuman,

No, dont get me wrong here!! I dont live in fear...or look on the black side all the time. I'm very much at peace ~and I do pray. I'm pointing out the dangers to *other people* about opening the 3rd eye because in today's world there is much trickery going on. People are being told dreadful lies about an ET invasion coming up, and we all have to 'evolve' to meet them halfway & all that crap.

We cant be blind to the trickery going on with the vatican & the illuminati, and its the best thing to get the truth out there for everyone.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sueanne47 For This Post:

greybeard (28th September 2016), raff (28th September 2016), TraineeHuman (28th September 2016)

23. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

Annie Besant and freemasonry gave birth to the New Age mindset :

24. Link to Post #93
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 times in 994 posts

Ah, Yes... the IDEA of Evil....

An excerpt from “Seth Speaks”, pg 162, by Jane Roberts (Note: Jane Roberts is often credited with creating the 'new age movement', at least since the 70's... )

Quite simply, a belief in the good without a belief in the evil, may seem highly unrealistic to you. This belief, however, is the best kind of insurance that you can have, both during physical life, and afterward.

It may outrage your intellect, and the evidence of your physical senses may shout that it is untrue, yet a belief in good, without a belief in evil is actually highly realistic, since in physical life it will keep your body healthier, keep you psychologically free of many fears and mental difficulties, and bring you a feeling of ease and spontaneity in which the development of your abilities can be better fulfilled. After death it will release you from the belief in demons and hell, and enforced punishment. You will be better prepared to understand the nature of reality as it is. I understand that the concept does indeed offend your intellect, and that your senses seem to deny it. Yet, you should already realize that your senses tell you many things, which are not true; and I tell you that your physical senses perceive a reality that is a result of your beliefs.

Believing in evils, you will of course perceive them. Your world has not tried the experiment as yet which would release you. Christianity was a distortion of this main truth – that is, organized Christianity as you know it. I am not simply speaking here of the original precepts. They were hardly given a chance, and we will discuss some of this later in the book.

The experiment that would transform your world would operate upon the basic idea that you create your own reality according to the nature of your beliefs, and that all existence was blessed, and that evil did not exist in it. If these ideas were followed individually and collectively, then the evidence of your physical senses would find no contradiction. They would perceive the world and existence as good.

This is the experiment that has not been tried, and these are the truths that you must learn after physical death. Some, after death, understanding these truths, choose to return to physical existence and explain them. Through the centuries this has been the way. In the system of probabilities that originates within physical reality, this is also the case.

There are systems of probability not connected with your own system at all, much more advanced than any you presently imagine, and in these, the truths of which I have been speaking are well known. In them individuals creatively and purposely create realities, knowing how to do so, and giving full rein to the creative abilities of consciousness.

Chapter 17; Probabilities, the Nature of Good and Evil, and Religious Symbolism

“…the soul stands at the center of itself, exploring, extending its capacities in all directions at once, involved in issues of creativity, each one highly legitimate. The probable system of reality opens up the nature of the soul to you. It should change current religion’s ideas considerably. For this reason, the nature of good and evil is a highly important point.

On the one hand, quite simply, and in a way that you cannot presently understand, evil does not exist. However, you are obviously confronted with what seem to be quite evil effects. Now, it has been said often that there is a god, so there must be a devil – or if there is good, there must be evil. This is like saying that because an apple has a top, it must have a bottom – but without any understanding of the fact that both are a portion of the apple.

We go back to our fundamentals; You create reality through your feelings, thoughts, and mental actions. Some of these are physically materialized; others are actualized in probable systems. You are presented with an endless series of choices, it seems, at any point, some more or less favorable than others.

You must understand that each mental act is a reality for which you are responsible. That is what you are in this particular system of reality for. As long as you believe in a devil, for example, you will create one that is real enough for you, and for the others who continue to create him.

Because of the energy he is given by others, he will have a certain consciousness of his own, but such a mock devil has no power or reality to those who do not believe in his existence, and who do not give him energy through their belief. He is, in other words, a superlative hallucination. As mentioned earlier, those who believe in a hell and assign themselves to it through their belief can indeed experience one, but certainly in nothing like eternal terms. No soul is forever ignorant.

Now, those who have such beliefs actually lack a necessary deep trust in the nature of consciousness, of the soul, and of All That Is. They concentrate upon not what they think of as the power of good, but fearfully upon what they think of as the power of evil.

The hallucination is created, therefore, out of fear and of restriction. The devil idea is merely the mass projection of certain fears – mass in that it is produced by many people, but also limited in that there have always been those who rejected this principle.”

In Unity, Peace and Love
    “A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.”
    - Gandalf (J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring)

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kindred For This Post:

Sueanne47 (11th October 2016), The Freedom Train (11th October 2016)

26. Link to Post #94
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

I appreciate your mistrust of just about anything you read or hear about - especially the new age movement. The movement is undoubtedly infiltrated and co-opted. But I would like to ask you, when you think about it in your heart, can you really truly continue to believe that being healthy - treating our bodies and minds well - is part of a demonic agenda? If we were all healthy we would be impervious to disease - which causes suffering, and culls the herd, and makes a lot of money for those with vested interests in the top percent of the global monopoly. If we were all happy we would be impervious to apathy, to mind control that keeps us in suffering, which perpetuates violenceand makes us easy to control and enslave.

And I must tell you that I have had verification of the fact that the meditations I practice dissolved etheric implants that were causing me to suffer. I beg you to reconsider your position. Meditation - at least the kind that I practice, and I am sure there are many other forms as well - is actually a safeguard against infiltration, since you are turning your awareness inwards. This inner awareness is like a silver bullet that ferrets out and dissolves foreign energies, implants, karmas and traumas. I know this to be true because I physically feel it happening in my body as I perform the meditations, and then I notice the results - in that, I am calmer, more balanced, can think more clearly, etc. Please do consider what I have to say - meditation is, from my own personal experience, the only thing that has saved me from a number of personal attacks.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Daozen (11th October 2016), Sueanne47 (11th October 2016)

28. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

Quote Posted by raff (here)
    Dear Halcyon026, it doesn't matter what vibration your on the negatives can still access you because of what our bodies are connected to (as I understand it). There is a point when we do disconnect from that personally but as I understand it it relates to karma. One has to literally purify it but purity of body and mind is a step in the right direction (although significant it doesn't shift it that much) It is done by unselfish, genuine compassionate deeds (as well as to oneself granted) that this is cleansed and by the suffering we experience. This may be unwelcome to most but our souls as far as I know this are willing to undertake this physical life knowing this.
    Thank you for this intriguing input. I am most interested in knowing how you came to the conclusion that suffering will cleanse one of karma? Is it not that suffering causes karma, in fact that suffering IS karma? How would karma cleanse karma? Doesn't it just perpetuate itself - the wheel? I still can't seem to buy the story that suffering will save us from suffering. It just makes no sense to me, and sounds like just the kind of story that would be contrived by a group that has a vested interest in maintaining their control over our minds and bodies. I am not sure of anything really other than what I have personally experienced - and even much of that I can only theorize about. Luckily I have had some back up with a clairvoyant friend of mine (I am clairsentient) - but at the end of the day who knows maybe my clair senses are as deceptive as my physical ones can be - meaning they can be manipulated and miscontrued. However, I have the feeling this is not entirely possible. And I would venture a guess that with a high enough vibration - such as when one is fully realized and awakened - energetic infiltration and mind control becomes a non issue.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

greybeard (12th October 2016), Sueanne47 (11th October 2016)

30. Link to Post #96
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 times in 571 posts

Used to meditate a lot. But have grown into open meditation. Painting, cooking, looking at nature, walking outdoors, engaged in something lovely. I get a lot more intuitive sparks from that. And no need to travel out of my body - gosh, we do that all night long.

Would love to learn Tai Chi.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

greybeard (12th October 2016), mojo (12th October 2016), The Freedom Train (12th October 2016)

32. Link to Post #97
    Thanks

bettye198 - I love your open meditations - they sound so peaceful and connected.

I also have thought about Tai Chi and how cool it would be to learn! And yoga - I have a friend who is going to give me a few private lessons in exchange for some work I did for her, so I am excited about that. Never really learned it before.

The meditation I practice is actually not about leaving the body, but about bringing one's awareness deeply within the body - feeling the body up and down, scanning with awareness to dispell dense energies. For me, it is what I must do to guard against and counteract infiltration, as a targeted indidual. Otherwise I would probably not feel so called to do it every day.

But I must say, I appreciate your post, because I too am an artist and a nature lover, having a strong connection to the faerie realms, and I simply have not been making enough time in my life for the kinds of things, other than cooking, that you described. It reminds me to think again on the balance in my life and how best to maintain it in the hours of the day that I have at my disposal. So thank you!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

bettye198 (12th October 2016), mojo (12th October 2016)

34. Link to Post #98
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,094 times in 20,639 posts

No doubt some will like the following, and some will not.
    It's quite long, so I have only posted an excerpt.
    My philosophy has long been to take what works and leave the rest.
    This source, Lisa Renee, may be considered channeled info by some, and New Age by some, but it reads more to me like science-based spirituality. She gets bogged down in too much terminology at times, but in this particular message, I think what she says about the Dark agenda tools for mind control, transhumanism, etc. makes sense without getting too wordy.
    http://www.isabeaux.net/news/display...554&L=14&N=330
    Quote October 14, 2016 ES Ascension News - October 2016

Bio-Neurology
    Dear Ascending Family,

When we look at the larger Galactic picture of consciousness enslavement, we see the NAA's many pronged agenda to target the brain, CNS and thought forms of every person on earth. Through the agenda of Transhumanism, we see the promotion of hybridization and synthetic integration with artificial neural networks for control over the CNS and brain. What is starting to surface with more clarity is that our human neurobiology is wired for empathy, which connects us to higher consciousness and has a spiritual function. The NAA and their minions of soulless AI infected synthetic beings do not have the bio-circuitry for empathy. We are in essence, in a struggle between human EMPATHS, and alien hybridized humans and extra-dimensional aliens that are NON-EMPATHS. This month we will look more deeply at Bio-Neurology, and the bio-circuitry of empathy for another layer of reveal. How chemical agents and ELF are used to target the CNS, and are actually destroying the human capacity for empathy. To understand how the stages of Ascension and bio-neurological expansion increase the capacity for empathy, aligning us to be of Service to Others and Planetary Gridworkers.

Neurobiology and Neuroscience are used interchangeably to refer to the branches of biology that focuses on the structure and function of the nervous system and brain. The field of Neurobiology includes the study of biological neural networks, in order to replicate their functions in the production of artificial neural networks. An artificial neural network is an artificial intelligence network that mimics the functions of the Central Nervous System (CNS) and brain of living things, like people and animals. The discoveries in the field of Neurobiology have lead to the massive expansion and demand for mass consumer products, manufactured in both of the flourishing multiple billion-dollar industries of Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals. Biotechnology is the use of living systems and organisms to develop or make products, especially with the focus upon the genetic manipulation of microorganisms and their chemical reactions. Currently, the means of gaining technological or pharmaceutical control over neural networks, brain mapping, genetic modification and the exploitation of biological systems, is an enormous commodity that is being merchandised on and off planet. The quest to gain total control over the Bio-Neurology of life is a very big business, hiding a very dark secret. During the current bifurcation phase, the extremely heated debate around disclosure of the covert technological methods used for bio-neurological enslavement are being fought over in the public arena, argued over behind closed doors, and are rippling throughout the Solar System.

Without experiencing feelings of empathy for humanity that give rise to holding reverence for the sentient consciousness within all life, we can more easily see how those put into power are capable of committing grave harm to others without remorse. When a huge segment of the population is disconnected from life and devoid of empathy, we can better observe how these destructive thoughtforms are more easily shaped into material possession and ownership. The escalation of corruption, bribery and technological abuse that are being forced upon us by the controlled powers of the corporatocracy are very difficult to observe. We are inundated with deceptive marketing campaigns and the clever use of intimidation to force submission into the larger agendas of bio-neurological control tied into mass consumerism. People are being intimidated to make their own babies and children experimental guinea pigs, for developing the future generation of disconnected bio-tech and drug consumers. We are living in a transitional time, which means we will have to face the hard decisions about what we can do to remove ourselves from feeding into the vast global system of consciousness enslavement and mind control. It is worthwhile to do the research, and look at the skyrocketing statistics for bio-neurological diseases, and consider who and what wants to gain complete control over human and animal Bio-Neurology. What are the many unethical methods being used to gain bio-neurological control over people that is making them sick? If we are willing to open our mind to see the clear picture of corporate interests hiding a much larger global agenda of bio-neurological control, then we can take some steps to empower ourselves. We can take back our consciousness power through informed consent, and stay present and aware of larger agendas in order to protect our nervous system and brain.
    etc....

For me, meditation is simply about realizing that my soul is part of Source, and the way I can feel and expand on that conscious awareness best is by being out in Nature and feeling the energy of Life all around, under and above me.
    Grounding into the earth by sitting or lying with my body connecting to an oak tree is my favorite way of doing that.
    Meditation can be dangerous, which is why students are warned that it is advisable to have a teacher, but I find that Nature is my best teacher these days.
    Last edited by onawah; 14th October 2016 at 19:54.
    Each breath a gift...

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

greybeard (14th October 2016), Sueanne47 (14th October 2016), The Freedom Train (12th November 2016)

36. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

Thank you for that onawah, I hope anyone thinking of channeling will read that first

37. Link to Post #100
    Thanks

Hello everyone. I haven't visited the forum for a very long time, I hadn't felt any need to after what I experienced during the summer of 2011, which I spoke about a bit in a forum thread at the time.

My motivation for returning then is the same as my reason for visiting on this occasion - I want to make an appeal to the forum body, based on what I've learned and discovered.

To summarize briefly(ish): as I entered into my 30s I felt a strong desire to try to find my place in the universe, to seek into the big questions that all of us ponder at some stage. I had a great conviction that there was much more going on than I perceived, some sort of plan or design that went beyond the superficial routines of everyday life[1]. I invested a lot of time in that search, and by a roundabout journey, found my way to the Project Avalon forum. But it was in the middle of 2011 that my search came to an abrupt halt. I found a video series on Youtube that discussed Christianity, and I knew pretty much instantly that I had found what I'd been looking for.

I understand that, to some, Christianity is a dirty word, and that there are a lot of reasons for that. A large number of people, particularly in the United States (I'm in the UK) are exposed to some form of Christianity in early life. And in a proportion of those cases the experience if entirely off-putting - often because of a very "legalistic" church environment (a church that places a misguided emphasis on arbitrary and inconsistent rules, like observing a strict dress code, or a rigid adherence to a particular kind of worship music, all things that are utterly inconsequential to the focus of gathering together), or maybe because of forced childhood attendance and memories of dreary sermons.

Or perhaps, like me, because while I was notionally aware of Christianity it didn't seem to have achieved anything in the world, and appeared to be a strange culture inhabited almost entirely by people of a certain age! But in some sense I may have been fortunate, the idea of faith or religion had no place in our household as I was growing up. Later, no-one ever petitioned me in the street, I wasn't cajoled into participating by a believing friend (in fact, I didn't have any - or know anyone who was a Christian), or approached by a street preacher. I learnt about it on my own, and I came to believe independently from anyone else.

All of that back-story aside, I noticed this thread when I visited the forum today. And I want to ask those of you who are participating in these spiritual exercises to please investigate the individuals who have popularised them, and their motivation for doing so. The information is available, and I would urge you to really question, honestly and objectively, whether these things might actually be doing you great harm. I'll post a few video links below, I hope that they might act as a starting-off point for your own research.

My prayer - and I understand that this idea may be met with some resistance - is that God would reveal himself to you in the same way that he did to me, and lead you into all truth. It was an life changing experience, and I've been aware of his nearness ever since. If you've ever heard of someone speak about being "born again", then this is what I'm describing, the literal, physical indwelling of God's spirit, joined with our own. This is not a metaphor, or a figure of speech, when you accept Jesus as the only path to God, he will give you his spirit in exactly this way and you will never again feel separated from him. And also why my forum name is now entirely inappropriate![2]

This video series probes the origins of the New Age. There's a lot of introductory material in the lead up, so you may want to jump ahead, but I think it's all very valuable:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...D9C361662866BD

[1] In the book of Ecclesiastes in the Old Testament, Solomon writes "Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end".

[2]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast