1. Link to Post #101
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Default Re: The Evil Empire is being destroyed

Quote Posted by Searcher (here)
    Charles Hugh Smith is an author / commentator mostly addressing socio-economic topics. Here is his take from today:

"Nothing good can come of this election" -- And that's good

November 4, 2016
    We the citizens and voters have to stop being enablers of systemic corruption.

This mass rejection of the politics as usual of corrupt and corrupting political and financial Elites is the highest possible good --a public good that eludes the hand-wringing corrupt insiders, pundits and toadies who have sucked up fortunes from the trough of putrid systemic corruption
    //
    Unfortunately, the choice being presented to us, that appears to be a choice between accepting, or rejecting, systemic corruption, is false drama.

They, the elite bastards at the pinnacle of power on this planet, are having their minions (the rich and powerful that we know by name, and the agencies, institutions and corporations that we know of) play good-cop, bad-cop. Some of the minions and agencies (e.g. Hillary Clinton, the DNC, and the main stream media) are getting tarred and feathered as evil (which I am sure they are for the most part), and some of the minions and agencies (such as white hats inside the FBI and some alternative media) are getting glorifed as our saviours.

Like a good television series (as with say Jack Bauer on 24) the drama is being built up well. Like a good sports season, the emotion of devoted fans for each side is being pumped to a fever pitch. Soon they'll have us rioting in the stadium and bashing each other's heads with beer bottles, over a failed referee call that decided the biggest game of the year for the "wrong" (or "right", if you wear the other color shirt) team.

There is a goal for this particular game called the 2016 US Presidential Election, which is to get wide spread buy in by the public in the next new world order, of nations cooperating in governing the planet, controlled by a new manifestation of the debt-money system. "They" will first get as many people as they can to hate the current system, then good white hats will overcome and kick out the evil black hats and earn our praise and trust. The new regime will be buzz-word compliant with the current trends and favored memes, and the new leaders will feel more honest and trustworthy.

Nationalism, as in "Make America Great" is one of the favored memes of the white hats. But this will not be an isolationist nationalism of the 19th century. This will be a socially, environmentally, politically, economically responsible nationalism, as the nations of the world, guided by their respected leaders (e.g. Putin, and I expect next year Trump) work together on doing what's right for humanity and for the nations they represent.

The underlying, global control will remain, even deeper than before, embedded into the consciousness of the average man as being the good and proper way to do things.

... excuse me while I barf .
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

bennycog (5th November 2016), Cara (6th November 2016), Daozen (5th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (5th November 2016), Ewan (5th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (5th November 2016), gord (6th November 2016), norman (5th November 2016), peggy englebrake (8th November 2016), Reinhard (6th November 2016), Sierra (6th November 2016), TargeT (5th November 2016), TrumanCash (8th November 2016)

3. Link to Post #102
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,568 times in 524 posts

FBI Clinton Foundation probe finds 'avalanche' of corruption evidence against her - but agents fear Justice Department will stop her going on trial
    • Clintons are accused of running a pay-for-play operation out of State that favored donors to their charity - a charge they have denied
    • Feds are 'actively and aggressively pursuing' a case, Fox's Bret Baier said Wednesday, and they have an 'avalanche' of evidence
    • FBI's pursuit of the case is rooted in recordings of a suspect in a different corruption case who spoke about foundation's alleged dirty dealings
    • The FBI, under the leadership of director James Comey, believed those conversations were enough to move forward with the probe
    • Justice Department prosecutors disagreed because the source was not an employee of the Clinton Foundation
    • The law enforcement agency has at least four other investigations open that involve the Clintons and their close friends, as well

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4P7Tl4cuB
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 7alon For This Post:

bennycog (5th November 2016), Ewan (5th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (5th November 2016), TargeT (5th November 2016)

5. Link to Post #103
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    I don’t think any grassroots effort can be properly understood without leaving the top-down, top-heavy perspective which has become second nature to all too many, not least the thinkers and awareness seekers. ...

If we truly identify with the grassroots and the restructuring is carried out by us, the grassroots, that means something entirely different from knights in shining armour called white hats coming to save us all. ...

What ultimately happens when you combine top-down thinking with bottom-up thinking is the craziest nonsense. ...
    I take your comments to be saying that (1) top-down solutions don't work, (2) combining top-down and bottom-up thinking doesn't work, so (3) bottom up solutions are needed.

My comments were focused on the "thinking" (awareness) part, not on the "solution" part, except to anticipate that correct action more reliably follows correct awareness.

Yes, combining top-down thinking with bottom-up thinking can produce nonsense. One can produce nonsense by most every technique that can be tried. Even the most essential tactics can produce nonsense and failure.

I recommend combining top-down thinking with bottom-up thinking ... analyzing complex problems at multiple levels is usually essential, in my experience, to achieving adequate awareness sufficient to successful action.
    Unfortunately, the choice being presented to us, that appears to be a choice between accepting, or rejecting, systemic corruption, is false drama.
    It is false drama, but not a false choice. It is not false drama: it is a real emergency when you have reached the point where the entire American nation has to make that choice collectively on a given day in a single ballot. You are not alone: a similar choice is being made around the world. Just choose to reject systemic corruption and see what happens. This is the mother of all no-brainers. Just do it. The complement to top-down thinking is not ‘bottom-up thinking’: it is bottom-up instinctive action. ‘Analyzing complex problems at multiple levels’ 24/7 is just wading through the swamp. Start draining: if the drainpipe is blocked, cross that bridge when you come to it.

Prompt action is unspectacular, almost to the point of passing totally unnoticed. See this post. In spiritual terms, it means taking the ‘grassroots’ analogy literally. The grassroots are the hidden, underground, resilient, grounded source of sustenance connected to Mother Earth that can be trusted to survive the shortest mowing and the driest summers (at least in my temperate climate!): the divine feminine in other words. Hence as the grassroots, the unwashed masses stop acting as ‘sheeple’, grazing the earth to death, but on the contrary as this hidden life force capable of reviving it.

The response to the attack on the divine feminine is itself also discreetly feminine in nature and doubtless effective whatever the outer masculine manifestations we focus upon when analyzing the intricacies of this political campaign. On working at multiple levels, see this post.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

bluestflame (5th November 2016), Bob (5th November 2016), Cara (6th November 2016), Chester (7th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th November 2016), gord (5th November 2016)

7. Link to Post #104
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It is false drama, but not a false choice. It is not false drama: it is a real emergency when you have reached the point where the entire American nation has to make that choice collectively on a given day in a single ballot. You are not alone: a similar choice is being made around the world. Just choose to reject systemic corruption and see what happens. This is the mother of all no-brainers. Just do it. The complement to top-down thinking is not ‘bottom-up thinking’: it is bottom-up instinctive action. ‘Analyzing complex problems at multiple levels’ 24/7 is just wading through the swamp. Start draining: if the drainpipe is blocked, cross that bridge when you come to it.
    Yes - a clear choice. But not the choice that it seems to be.

It would be like presenting a herd of wild cattle with a choice of (1) living in a fenced in pasture (where they will be fed, milked, sheered, de-horned, ear-tagged, and one by one slaughtered for their meat), or (2) living in a dark barn (where the same things will happen.) Moreover, having chosen the first alternative, the move to the dark barn will come later. Actually, we (American cows) have been living in the dark barn for a while (thinking it was the king's castle), and the elite are just running us out into a fenced in pasture, so they can rennovate the barn with more automated feeding, milking, sheering, de-horning, tagging, culling and surveillance equipment.

As I've admitted before, I can scarcely avoid cheering on the new Mafia family, that is throwing out the nasty old Mafia family that has been brutalizing my town for a couple of generations. But my cheers ring hollow, even to me. "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Some fundamental shifts are happening now:
    * The planet's elite bastards are moving their primary power center from eastern US to eastern China.

* The dominant uni-polar political, financial, military and intelligence control of the planet by the American Empire is shifting to a multi-polar arrangement of cooperating nations and "NGO's" such as the United Nations, BIS, and IMF (all of which are still under the hidden control of the same elite.)

* The Petro-Narco-Dollar "world reserve currency" is being replaced with a multi-national SDR basket of currencies, managed by the BIS and IMF. It's still a debt-money system, just in a different denomination, and a different set of primary agents managing it. (See further Notes [1] and [2] below.)

* Americans are being led, with all this drama, to accept their changing role, from the "exceptional" nation at the head of an Empire, to just another resource rich, but economically impoverished, colony.

* Europeans are being led through a similar transition, with drama suitable to their situation (Brexit, immigration, ...) ... which I have not studied as much.

* The Islamic nations are also being forced, more brutally, through a transition from "too much independence" into submission, first beaten down by the dying military-intelligence complex of the American Empire, and now being invited to crawl into the arms of a "kinder" Russia.

* Africa is being recolonized by another giant of this next world order, China.
    The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Edward Gibbon) as its capital moved from Rome to Constantinople, is being played out again, more quickly this time.

===

Note [1]: The IMF will issue SDR's only to (1) cooperating nations, and (2) multi-national organizations such as the United Nations, to fund vaccination and global climate change initiatives and such, the better to manage humanity and earth's resources.

Note [2]: The vaunted independence of the Federal Reserve will be taken from it. The Federal Reserve has actually been serving as a major part of the global banking system, managing the primary reserve currency, the Petro-Narco-Dollar, for all cooperating national central banks. The Federal Reserve will be demoted to being just another national central bank, more closely integrated with the US Treasury, as part of replacing our current US domestic currency (Federal Reserve Notes) with US Treasury dollars, aka Scheiss Dollars as Jim Willie calls them. This (removing the Fed's independence) is exactly what former Treasury Secretary Larry Summers called for two days ago: Fed independence should be scrapped given economic challenges, Summers says
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 6th November 2016 at 02:27.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

araucaria (6th November 2016), Basho (5th November 2016), Bill Ryan (5th November 2016), bluestflame (5th November 2016), Ewan (6th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (5th November 2016), gord (5th November 2016), lastlegs (6th November 2016), littleOne (6th November 2016), Reinhard (6th November 2016), Satori (6th November 2016), Sierra (6th November 2016), TargeT (5th November 2016), TrumanCash (8th November 2016)

9. Link to Post #105
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Speaking of "tagging", as others have noted, we humans are being tagged ... by the cell phones that are spreading around the planet.

The SIM card in the cell phone has our ID.

Crypto-currencies provide a secure and reliable way to transact money using a cell phone, which has sufficient CPU. memory and network power to handle such a transaction.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th November 2016), bluestflame (6th November 2016), Ewan (6th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (5th November 2016), gord (6th November 2016), littleOne (6th November 2016), mojo (6th November 2016), PurpleLama (5th November 2016), Reinhard (6th November 2016), Sierra (6th November 2016), TargeT (5th November 2016), TrumanCash (8th November 2016)

11. Link to Post #106
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Speaking of "tagging", as others have noted, we humans are being tagged ... by the cell phones that are spreading around the planet.

The SIM card in the cell phone has our ID.

Crypto-currencies provide a secure and reliable way to transact money using a cell phone, which has sufficient CPU. memory and network power to handle such a transaction.
    And thus the "mark of the beast" was happily adopted by the masses.

We target cellphones in drone attacks... so... yeah, you're walking around with a potential hell-fire missile target in your pocket (if you come to the attention of the wrong people).
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

bluestflame (6th November 2016), Ewan (6th November 2016), mojo (6th November 2016), PurpleLama (6th November 2016), Reinhard (6th November 2016), seko (8th November 2016), ThePythonicCow (6th November 2016), TrumanCash (8th November 2016)

13. Link to Post #107
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Searcher (here)
    Charles Hugh Smith is an author / commentator mostly addressing socio-economic topics. Here is his take from today:

"Nothing good can come of this election" -- And that's good

November 4, 2016
    We the citizens and voters have to stop being enablers of systemic corruption.

This mass rejection of the politics as usual of corrupt and corrupting political and financial Elites is the highest possible good --a public good that eludes the hand-wringing corrupt insiders, pundits and toadies who have sucked up fortunes from the trough of putrid systemic corruption
    //

They, the elite bastards at the pinnacle of power on this planet, are having their minions (the rich and powerful that we know by name, and the agencies, institutions and corporations that we know of) play good-cop, bad-cop.

Nationalism, as in "Make America Great" is one of the favored memes of the white hats. But this will not be an isolationist nationalism of the 19th century. This will be a socially, environmentally, politically, economically responsible nationalism, as the nations of the world, guided by their respected leaders (e.g. Putin, and I expect next year Trump) work together on doing what's right for humanity and for the nations they represent.

The underlying, global control will remain, even deeper than before, embedded into the consciousness of the average man as being the good and proper way to do things.

... excuse me while I barf .
    Someone asked me what I was barfing over, in the above posts - was it over Charles Hugh Smith, the elite bastards, the particular opinions of Charles that were posted, ... or what?

What I was barfing over was what I took to be the plans and actions of the elite bastards - their plans for "a socially, environmentally, politically, economically responsible nationalism, as the nations of the world, guided by their respected leaders (e.g. Putin, and I expect next year Trump) work together on doing what's right for humanity and for the nations they represent."

Those nice sounding labels, such as "socially, environmentally, politically, economically responsible" are sugar coating for the same toxic brew of policies that are already destroying our food, air, water, health, wealth, planet, and freedom.

I oppose, and seek to expose, these ongoing policies of the elite, now presenting themselves as the "good, trustworthy, honest" leaders taking down the corrupt leaders of the brutal Soviet and now American empires.

Sorry for the terse ambiguity of my "barf" .
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 6th November 2016 at 07:24.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th November 2016), bluestflame (6th November 2016), Ewan (6th November 2016), gord (6th November 2016), littleOne (6th November 2016), peggy englebrake (8th November 2016), Reinhard (6th November 2016), Satori (6th November 2016), Sierra (6th November 2016), TargeT (6th November 2016), TrumanCash (8th November 2016)

15. Link to Post #108
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

another take on the steve piecznik video

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

Baby Steps (7th November 2016), Bill Ryan (6th November 2016), Ewan (6th November 2016), Hervé (7th November 2016), peggy englebrake (8th November 2016), Reinhard (6th November 2016), Satori (6th November 2016), TargeT (6th November 2016)

17. Link to Post #109
    Thanks

Quote The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Edward Gibbon) as its capital moved from Rome to Constantinople, is being played out again, more quickly this time. https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1111017
    Yes Paul, you are doing a brilliant job of describing what THEY are doing; but my question is, What are WE doing to stop them? Still scratching our heads, by the look of it, or screaming in dismay that they are getting away with it all over again? Bill has thanked your post, but that can’t be the same Bill who said that he didn’t come into this lifetime to fail. None of us came into this lifetime to fail, but you have evidence right there that success is no foregone conclusion. We are going through a kind of collective near-death experience: nothing less will do; but anything more would be the full-blown death experience we are precisely seeking to avoid.

To complete the above quote, I would add ‘from Constantinople to Venice, and from Venice to Amsterdam and London, and to Rome from Babylon – take note, AS ROMAN SLAVES’. I’m not sure about Constantinople, but as Joseph Farrell points out, all those other places are built on marshland, so Donald Trump’s Drain the Swamp slogan takes on a deeply historical meaning that no one seems to be noticing. What WE are doing, what we are being, is living above the swamp, raising the overall level until the swamp is drained. We are already living (trying to live) on moral high ground in much greater freedom than the elite can ever deprive us of. So my point is: it is dangerous to linger over this stuff when we should be safely above it all, lest we be dragged down. There is a degree of symbolic value in the story of Lot’s wife who turned back to watch the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Some Jeff Rense inerviewee stated that Hillary Clinton literally stank like a dead pig. I have no idea what this means literally; but symbolically it means giving her a wide berth, because the corruption spreads to everyone that comes too close, and gobbles them up like a black hole, which is precisely what we are seeing. The ‘controllers still in control of the uncontrollable’ scenario relies on good people going bad; I have been talking about the reverse: bad people turning good, or rather, good people reverting to type. The problem of course is that the grassroots process I have been describing to some extent coincides with the democratic drain-the-swamp process: to stay clean, you have to get your hands dirty: abstention is no longer an option. But you have to do so without submitting to the toxic fascination that these charismatic people are clearly able to elicit, one person at a time, and weaponize. The way to achieve this is to rely on large numbers, a critical mass, working together, and this is in fact what appears to be happening. Will it be enough? I don’t know: maybe not this time... but there will be a next time. The process/progress is slow, but it is happening; it has not stalled, or gone into reverse. This may not be obvious to our perceptions: watch the wheels on a waggon in a western (a neat little alliteration): as the wheels go forward – and so does the waggon – the spokes go backwards (a well-understood optical illusion).

What is new in recent times is the changing demographics: while the elite of relatively soulless entities has shrunk to less than 1% (counterintuitively a good thing), the masses have grown to over seven billion souls (counterintuitively another good thing) whose individual awareness does not need to be great or to have grown much for the groundswell of collective awareness to take charge. Add to that the fact that individual awareness has in fact grown considerably, not least during this sordid campaign in which, for example, their hero Donald Trump has been forced to express deeper contrition than Bill Clinton ever did for ‘locker room’ behaviour – counterintuitively another good thing since quite a few will have found out for the first time that it is definitely not okay.

The trouble with what I have called wishful doubting is that it is self-fulfilling: it undermines any effort to turn wishful thinking into positive action. Nothing new will happen because nothing new is expected or catered for. Joe Six-pack, who is about to stir and discover his vote can really count, is told, ‘You’re wasting your time buddy; you may as well stay on your couch with your remote.’ And this also amounts to saying, ‘I’ll come and join you, because I’ve been wasting my time and other people’s time too.’ Is Avalon a waste of time? I don’t think so; but sometimes I do wonder...

I am saying nothing here that I haven’t tried to say before. See these posts:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1078861
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1021706 and preceding posts
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1085139 and preceding posts

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

animovado (8th November 2016), Bill Ryan (6th November 2016), bluestflame (6th November 2016), Ewan (6th November 2016), Sierra (6th November 2016), Sueanne47 (6th November 2016), sunflower (6th November 2016), TrumanCash (7th November 2016)

19. Link to Post #110
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Yes Paul, you are doing a brilliant job of describing what THEY are doing; but my question is, What are WE doing to stop them? Still scratching our heads, by the look of it, or screaming in dismay that they are getting away with it all over again? Bill has thanked your post, but that can’t be the same Bill who said that he didn’t come into this lifetime to fail.
    You're reminding me of some managers I've worked for when I was a computer programmer ... who needed the bug fixed, or feature working right NOW .

Sometimes that was doable, sometimes not Sometimes myself and my colleagues didn't have good answers. Sometimes we didn't understand what was going on well enough to find good answers in a timely manner.

In cases like that we did what medical emergency personnel call "triage". Do what you can to remain "in the game", to delay irreversible consequences as best you can. We had to pick and choose what compromises had to be made, between what we desired, and what we were able to do.

I feel less urgency in these issues of humanity than you apparently do. These are problems that humanity has been dealing with for millenia ... at least. We'll surely be dealing with them long after I die. These problems are deeply entangled with the human condition.

Also, don't lose sight of the (likely) fact that proper awareness, a better understanding of what's happening, is a powerful antidote to the toxic deceptions of our elite bastard overlords.

Proper action arises from proper awareness ... on its own time table. Meanwhile, take whatever personal actions you need to take to remain "in the game."

The urgency I feel is to keep figuring things out ... events provide unique opportunities to gain insight into what's going on and how things work. We're not dealing with reproducible experiments in a laboratory here ... the "experiments" happen in real time ... they're what's called life.

"The moving finger writes; and having writ, moves on" -- from the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

The acorn is not impatient to become an oak tree ... it will know when the time is ripe.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 6th November 2016 at 16:46.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Basho (6th November 2016), Beren (6th November 2016), Bill Ryan (6th November 2016), bluestflame (6th November 2016), Ewan (6th November 2016), mojo (6th November 2016), TargeT (6th November 2016), TrumanCash (7th November 2016)

21. Link to Post #111
    Thanks

Paul, your post, and particularly your remarks on urgency, shows you are not at all getting what I am trying to say. I am not going to pursue the matter further, except to say that focussing on ‘our elite bastard overlords’ – something, I think it’s fair to say (non-judgementally), you tend to do more than I – is to empower them. I am in no hurry for an immediate fix when I can step outside of the game, since, here and now, nothing’s broken.

You want “a better understanding of what's happening”? Try this: life is precisely not a computer program.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

3(C)+me (14th November 2016), animovado (8th November 2016), Bob (8th November 2016), Ewan (6th November 2016), ThePythonicCow (6th November 2016)

23. Link to Post #112
    Thanks

I feel less urgency in these issues of humanity..... These are problems that humanity has been dealing with for millenia ... at least. We'll surely be dealing with them long after I die. These problems are deeply entangled with the human condition.

This is understanding is hard to keep in mind, but important.. Kings and queens aren't gone even today, the same people are doing the same oppressive things to us plebs, just with different CONTEXT.

Slavery did not end, it just shifted contexts & is now bigger than ever with .0001% of the population as "masters" turning the rest of us against each other as they have since as long as we have history to tell us what happened (history that you have to "read between the lines" with because that too is influenced by "them").

There is little that will happen to drastically influence this in our favor... at this point I"m satisfied with any incremental increase in freedom that I can achieve.

Also, don't lose sight of the (likely) fact that proper awareness, a better understanding of what's happening, is a powerful antidote to the toxic deceptions of our elite bastard overlords.

Proper action arises from proper awareness ... on its own time table. Meanwhile, take whatever personal actions you need to take to remain "in the game."
    I cannot see a more powerful thing that we "plebs" can do other than inform each other and bring to the "common knowledge" distrust and caution in those .0001% that are willingly allowed to oppress us.

The simplicity of that sentence doesn't reflect at all on the challenges we face on this however.

example:
    I live on an island that is almost 100% democrat, and 80% black (traditionally die hard democrats), my co-workers still insist that hillary is our only chance and we are F**ked if trump is elected (not that it matters, but they have not given any consideration whatsoever to the side of the argument that does not agree with them & can't be bothered to listen to anything contrary to their beliefs with out becoming emotional)..... in this I see the challenge we face & it has lead me to be very satisfied with even small advances as breaking "group think" up is very very difficult if not initiated by the individual themselves.

My boss, an 05 (LTC) in the army; HONESTLY thinks that Obama is the best president that we have ever had... and he says that with complete conviction.... how could you EVER even APPROACH discussing topics with a person who's beliefs are so strongly held... we know from this video you CANNOT.

we have quite a fight ahead of us... but it's all about concept management.. it's all "in our heads" imo.
    Last edited by TargeT; 6th November 2016 at 18:14.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

animovado (8th November 2016), bluestflame (7th November 2016), Ewan (6th November 2016), ThePythonicCow (6th November 2016)

25. Link to Post #113
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,061 times in 2,419 posts

The Hegelian dialectic, problem-reaction-solution at its best; or worst, depending on how the predetermined solution plays out.

I'm on the fence about Peiczenik but leaning towards the view he's with the forces behind HRC and not Trump-- principally because of his background and because he has been praiseworthy of Daddy Bush, Kissinger and others, all of whom are clearly criminals. He also falls into the group of people who make me suspicious because they essentially tell us not to worry, stand down and do nothing, because good guys like me have your back. But, is he a good guy?

Once again we are presented with conflicting points of view, leading us to disagree about who and what to believe. As a result, we stand around staring at our navels and do nothing. Sometimes doing nothing is the correct strategy. Other times not. If action is required, what is the proper action? That's the $64,000 question.

I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. I sincerely pray for a peaceful transition of the pResidency to Trump. From a Utilitarian stand point, the lesser of two evils is a net gain over the greater of two evils.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Ahnung-quay (6th November 2016), bluestflame (6th November 2016), Ewan (6th November 2016), TargeT (6th November 2016), ThePythonicCow (6th November 2016)

27. Link to Post #114
    Language
    English
    Thanks

... except to say that focussing on ‘our elite bastard overlords’ – something, I think it’s fair to say (non-judgementally), you tend to do more than I – is to empower them.
    If one is imprisoned in a gulag, it does not necessarily empower one's imprisoners to recognize that one is imprisoned by them.

It depends on whether one accepts that imprisonment as if it were some immutable law of physics, or whether instead one realizes that eventually things will change and that one's self might be an agent of that change, even if one doesn't yet consciously know just how that might come to be.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Beren (6th November 2016), Bill Ryan (7th November 2016), bluestflame (6th November 2016), Chester (6th November 2016), Ewan (9th November 2016), peggy englebrake (7th November 2016), TargeT (6th November 2016), thunder24 (6th November 2016)

29. Link to Post #115
    Language
    English
    Thanks

However, I further predict that the Election will not end with the announced results, after polls close, the evening of Tuesday, Nov 8, 2016.

(P.S. -- Perhaps Trump loses narrowly in the Electoral College, but wins heavily in the popular vote, due to sufficient election fraud in a few critical states to "steal" them for Hillary by narrow margins. This could be enough to motivate a change that I am sure the elite bastards would love - replacing the state-by-state Electoral College system with a national popular vote system for deciding the election. Such a change would disenfranchise various corrupt local political machines that can steal individual states, and put the real power in the national media, which can manipulate the entire nation's vote. "National Election Reform" might also be accomplished here, further centralizing control of the mechanisms of voting. This could be associated with improved "ID" standards, identifying legal voters.)
    Finally, sadly, it seems that at the earliest of the predictions is coming true: FBI quizzes Hillary Clinton -- Post #353

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th November 2016)

31. Link to Post #116
    Thanks

... except to say that focussing on ‘our elite bastard overlords’ – something, I think it’s fair to say (non-judgementally), you tend to do more than I – is to empower them.
    If one is imprisoned in a gulag, it does not necessarily empower one's imprisoners to recognize that one is imprisoned by them.

It depends on whether one accepts that imprisonment as if it were some immutable law of physics, or whether instead one realizes that eventually things will change and that one's self might be an agent of that change, even if one doesn't yet consciously know just how that might come to be.
    If you were imprisoned in a German WWII concentration camp, you could disempower your imprisoners, i.e. survive the ordeal and sometimes send them to jail or worse, especially if you belonged to one of two categories: Catholics or Communists. In both cases it boils down to altruism, in other words basic decent human existence in the most trying conditions exactly as normal. The former believed in a higher entity/dimension/authority (God) and belonged to an organization (the Church) applying the precept ‘love your neighbour as yourself’. The latter subscribed to a higher entity/dimension/authority (Humanism) and belonged to an organization (the Party) applying the precept of comradeship. The Communists were actually the more efficient of the two, because they were used to operating in (clandestine) networks, both in peacetime and in wartime resistance movements. Altruism meant counterintuitively sharing what little you had with others needing it still more. They had a system of smuggling food and other necessities to those in the infirmary with a chance of survival. (source: my daughter’s 1400-page thesis.)

Since these people were merely doing what came to them naturally in normal circumstances, this means there are certain groups and certain behaviours that are both likely targets for the imprisoners and yet more immune to imprisonment than others; and their members definitely have conscious knowledge of what works and how and why.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

animovado (8th November 2016), Bill Ryan (7th November 2016), Bob (8th November 2016), Ewan (9th November 2016), TargeT (8th November 2016)

33. Link to Post #117
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by bluestflame (here)
    another take on the steve piecznik video
    That guy's whole argument revolves around Assange saying that intelligence agencies are working against Trump. The implication is that all intelligence agencies and everyone that works for them are either with us or against us. That's very black-and-white thinking that I don't believe anyone smart enough to work in intelligence would believe for a second. In the case of the FBI alone we know there are differences of opinion within the bureau, to put it mildly.

34. Link to Post #118
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,729 times in 1,343 posts

@ Target T, post 106: "And thus the "mark of the beast" was happily adopted by the masses."

Right on, dude. I just posted some info on this very subject here.

@ Paul, post 101: "... excuse me while I barf."

Barf on, dude.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

TargeT (8th November 2016), ThePythonicCow (10th November 2016)

36. Link to Post #119
    Thanks

I've just been wondering how this factors into it... (especially as I work for that particularly large budgeted group).

That military won't go away over night, and the amount of equipment and inventory we have is a bit insane... the US will have to work hard to draw down it's military to a reasonable level; and now with HRC talking **** to Russia & about to become POTUS.... maybe I see the reason we still have a large fighting force....
    Where are you?

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bob (8th November 2016), Cara (9th November 2016), Sueanne47 (9th November 2016)

38. Link to Post #120
    United States Avalon Member WildOrchid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,265 times in 218 posts

Seems appropriate with all the global turmoil we are going through...
    Artist - Lover of Life - Seeker of Truth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 6 8 LastLast