+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: At what point did you realize that nothing will change?

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,938 times in 2,204 posts

Default Re: At what point did you realize that nothing will change?

Quote Posted by cccme (here)
    Quote Posted by jaybee (here)

when i read the OP of this thread the words that sprang to mind were ...

'Abandon all hope ye who enter here'

Has it come to this that we should abandon hope thereby becoming hopeless..?

I'n not suggesting suddenly everything will instantly change for the better because that's not how it works but to succumb to blanket cynicism is to admit defeat and I don't think that is healthy - or productive -

People all over the world including me were rooting for Trump because we wanted the West to have a better and more respectful relationship with Russia - Clinton was leading the political march to a serious conflict with Russia which was just madness and a huge concern for the planet -

Trump has his work cut out obviously but actively lowering the energy and discouraging hope is aiding and abetting the warmongers, IMO --

Ya know it is not easy growing up. We look to our parents to show us the way, we let them guide us. Then we have teachers, employers, authority figures and we continue to believe they know what is best for us. We even want to believe when we know they are clueless, liars, ego manics, and have handlers who tell them what has to be done, but still want to believe.

I think the human race has to collectively get to the point where they actually become adults. What shape is my world in and what do I want and do not want. Who am I lying to, how do I not take care of myself, what am I still afraid of.

Do I want to live in fear or peace? Do I want to believe in liars or do I want to get down to dealing with my out personal stuff and fix that, cuz that is the way you are going to change the world. That is the way it has always been.

It's not about "out their" anymore.
    while I take the point you are making I don't completely agree that dealing with personal stuff is the whole story and think that we are affected by outside forces as well -

for example when our world is fairly settled in terms of shelter, water, food and various degrees of interaction we have the luxury of concentrating on personal stuff - but say someone in Iraq, Libya or Syria who has had their lives and security completely wrecked by the interference of outside forces - those outside forces dictate a lot of what that person can and can't do --

the build up towards war with Russia is real as far as I can see and probably fits in with the globalization agenda - provocation, limited conflict, wider conflict then a possibility of all out war leading to either invasion of Russia and expansion of Europe or destruction of the West as we know it -

now all our worlds, inner and outer, would be affected by something like this and that's why I believe that Trumps willingness to respect Putin and Russia is a step in the right direction and was one of the reasons he had as much support as he did .. a lot of it outside the US -

I definitely want to live in Peace (inside and out) but I can't personally go and negotiate with Russia and America etc for that - but what I can do is not become totally cynical thereby contributing to negative energy spreading around the collective consciousness like a virus - this doesn't mean becoming happy clappy niave --- just believing that the power of good is there waiting to heal when we are ready - and when we give it a chance -

that Clinton was unsuccessful I take as a hopeful sign that the brakes have been applied a bit and 'we' may actually avoid war with Russia -

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Cara (14th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (13th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (16th November 2016), wondering (13th November 2016)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,580 times in 5,817 posts

I'n not suggesting suddenly everything will instantly change for the better because that's not how it works but to succumb to blanket cynicism is to admit defeat and I don't think that is healthy - or productive -

People all over the world including me were rooting for Trump because we wanted the West to have a better and more respectful relationship with Russia - Clinton was leading the political march to a serious conflict with Russia which was just madness and a huge concern for the planet -

Trump has his work cut out obviously but actively lowering the energy and discouraging hope is aiding and abetting the warmongers, IMO --

OK, OK... "nothing will change as long as the current system is intact" (and I want to transform it) "Change", change from the status quo, is not possible while the status quo controls the entire electoral paradigm. It is not admitting defeat, it's an awake and honest look at the reality that we allow to continue.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

4evrneo (14th November 2016), animovado (13th November 2016), Daozen (13th November 2016), drneglector (15th November 2016), Eram (13th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (13th November 2016), greybeard (13th November 2016), jaybee (14th November 2016), Pam (14th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (16th November 2016), Shannon (13th November 2016), Sueanne47 (13th November 2016)

5. Link to Post #43
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 times in 560 posts

How about this for a hopeful note:
    I think we can all see the cracks in the system. We here on this forum can see that the system is really at this point limping along.
    Some people can't see that yet, holding on to the old system with it's worn out values and the corruption that is beginning to show itself.

I think for me personally, one of the hardest things is to see how some people are going to lose it, we see it now in the streets. They can't grasp a new way of thinking, they can't process it. They shut down or react.
    The pent up emotions along with some mind control programing via smartphones and still deeply stuck in duality so much so they can't see that there are other options.

I have hope for this world, but some damage is going to happen. Some people will not get past being angry and not knowing what to do about it.
    This collective screaming may go on for a while.
    I think the real change is going to be grass roots, groups of people giving up on government and dealing with things in groups. It will be more efficient more immediate. More home schooling that kind of thing.
    Its going to be from the bottom up.
    Last edited by 3(C)+me; 13th November 2016 at 23:31.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 3(C)+me For This Post:

animovado (13th November 2016), greybeard (13th November 2016), jaybee (14th November 2016), onawah (15th November 2016), Pam (14th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (16th November 2016), Smell the Roses (14th November 2016)

7. Link to Post #44
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 899 posts

The Jesuit play their Trump card, 'DT is creating his own swamp importing Neocon toads from the swamp he just drained'

'He will make hillary & Obama look good' :

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sueanne47 For This Post:

quiltinggrandma (16th November 2016)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,369 times in 3,306 posts

Quote Posted by cccme (here)

Ya know it is not easy growing up. We look to our parents to show us the way, we let them guide us. Then we have teachers, employers, authority figures and we continue to believe they know what is best for us. We even want to believe when we know they are clueless, liars, ego manics, and have handlers who tell them what has to be done, but still want to believe.

I think the human race has to collectively get to the point where they actually become adults. What shape is my world in and what do I want and do not want. Who am I lying to, how do I not take care of myself, what am I still afraid of.

Do I want to live in fear or peace? Do I want to believe in liars or do I want to get down to dealing with my out personal stuff and fix that, cuz that is the way you are going to change the world. That is the way it has always been.

It's not about "out their" anymore.

Great post!! This is a big part of the puzzle.

!
    Last edited by Pam; 14th November 2016 at 14:24.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pam For This Post:

quiltinggrandma (16th November 2016)

11. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

I think Mark Twain had said if voting mattered we wouldn't be allowed to do it.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Bruno (13th December 2016), GrnEggsNHam (17th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (16th November 2016), Spellbound (15th November 2016)

13. Link to Post #47
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 times in 1,413 posts

Something changed for me - I actually feel safer with that asshole as president!! It's like, a great big relief! Perhaps I'll be eating my words - who knows - but the way I see it, change is happening right now. And now. And now also

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3