Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast

Thread: If reincarnation is true...

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Default Re: If reincarnation is true...

Quote Posted by lake (here)
    From my point of view....many do not exist and are created by YOU, so they in the 'normal' sequence cannot reincarnate!
    But because YOU gave them a 'part to play' it is quite possible for them to begin a journey. To do this they would need to start questioning whether they have individualism? They would need to use the creation YOU gave to become self aware of others!
    They can only BE as an individual, same as YOU.......there are not 2 of YOU....but there must be a unique perception, an interpretation which does not require another to confirm! (in this world)
    I guess you mean what people refer to as "organic portals" - or empty people. I've heard of things like that, spiritless people and whatnot, just not sure what to make of it yet.

I've heard it proposed it's possible to "grow a spirit" in Ouspensky's book "The Fourth Way", and so I like to think that supposing some people are not really individuals yet - they can be - with a little work.

It is possible that no new 'individuals' are 'becoming'!
    It is possible that I am wrong and this world/place is a womb.......and that is why there is a want for a spiritual birth control??

Only thoughts, nothing more, considerations!
    Spiritual birth control.... haha, well - I think that's a good idea!

There was a point where I felt like everyone else were just different expressions of me, that has gone, but I remember how it felt. I recall laughing about it and calling it the "same person glitch"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

joeecho (17th November 2016), lake (16th November 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,531 times in 811 posts

Quote Posted by petra (here)

I guess you mean what people refer to as "organic portals" - or empty people. I've heard of things like that, spiritless people and whatnot, just not sure what to make of it yet.
    Well if I may ask?
    Would you consider a being who had no empathy, compassion, guilt or remorse as having the same awareness as you?
    Would said being be able to reincarnate?

There was a point where I felt like everyone else were just different expressions of me,
    I could never prove it to another....but I have met and interacted with my emotions, as singular 'people', in this place!

Last edited by lake; 17th November 2016 at 09:59.
    Normal..!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

joeecho (17th November 2016), Rich (16th November 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 times in 262 posts

Quote Posted by CO2 (here)
    (ADDRESSED TO "DIM"). This is a very deep rabbit hole. Thank you for the labor and time that it took writing it although a small shadow was cast upon it from your opening statement. I still managed to see through it (dimly) and will study it thoroughly (as I will with the others) to extract from it every ounce of juice.

I'll be honest; none of these replies are appealing to me because they are "spooky." I like feeling safe and secure with my OWN identity. I find assuring comfort in my shallow rabbit hole. As long as I keep my consciousness on my God consciousness; that primordial ether (CO2) will reshape and conform for me another greater body that will sustain my original (although expanding) personality. All life is based on that Carbon element. (I can eat a tree but I can't eat a wooden desk.) My soul eats the flesh and drinks the blood of my Christ consciousness; therefore I will continue onward alive knowing who I have always been. But again, much appreciation for your time and teaching.

I AM a champion of Carbon Dioxide only because I experienced Its Life giving affects (effects) after I normalized my breathing. After this the statement:" The Breath of Life," took on a whole new meaning to me. Carbon Dioxide has to be present even in the continuation of conscious awareness.
    My apologies CO2
    I see now that i was too quick to reply, i should've taken the time to feel your energy better,
    you're not frustrated, you seem to have your stuff in order, you know your subject and the questions were purely rhetorical.
    I thought i knew better, seems like i have long way to go.
    Thanks.

6. Link to Post #24
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Well if I may ask?
    Would you consider a being who had no empathy, compassion, guilt or remorse as having the same awareness as you?
    Would said being be able to reincarnate?
    I suppose so, assuming reincarnation is indeed beneficial ;-)

I could never prove it to another....but I have met and interacted with my emotions, as singular 'people', in this place!
    I've named thoughts or emotions as if they were characters! "Pissed off guy" is really pissed off, "really loud guy" is really loud, "TV guy" sends messages through the TV, and so on (try not to roll your eyes!!)

Maybe this foolishness is some kind of defense mechanism against this nonsense world? Trying to make sense out of stuff that's nonsense is enough to drive anyone into the nut house

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

joeecho (17th November 2016), lake (17th November 2016)

8. Link to Post #25
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

No apology needed dim. Often times my words are empty anyway (at times filled with soul force); disguised to provoke a response(s) I need in order that I may see all points of view on subjects I'm not comfortable with. You were not wrong in your energy recognition of my thread because you detected something in my heart I had not seen myself. If your apology was sincere or not is something I am reading right now. You have a strong spirit and are a gifted teacher. Use your gift wisely. Your reply had enough power to make me ponder. That's very rare.

9. Link to Post #26
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 times in 262 posts

Every soul has it's own pace of waking up, we can't force our each private truth down the throat of anyone
    but on my haste i come out with a scent of a not so subtle patronizing, that's my apology for.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dim For This Post:

greybeard (17th November 2016)

11. Link to Post #27
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Consider this angle:

Reincarnation as a first or second level illusion in so as incarnation is an illusory 'experience'.

It's like time, it has no actual demarcations though humans have given time relative demarcation.

The experience of incarnation is continuous but some remember distinct changes in their continuing incarnation as 'another' incarnation.

It's analogy would be when someone has had drastic changes during this physical life and can reflect back on 'that' part of their life and interpret it as a "whole life time ago".

12. Link to Post #28
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

In a way I see the concept as a distraction--(a maybe so)
    Its taking a person away from living the moment and perhaps finding the answer to the question--"Who/what am I"
    On finding the answer to that question--the question and reincarnation becomes of no consequence.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Hym (23rd September 2017), joeecho (17th November 2016), Wind (17th November 2016)

14. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

I have no recall of past lives, never had an inkling thought of it as a child that i can remember. My life experience seemed complete in and of itself.

Then, as a young adult i met a couple of women who remembered past life experiences. These were two genuine, spiritual people who's word i trusted. Neither of their experiences were anything to brag about, which added more to their credibility.

Now, you might question whether their past life memories were just somehow remote viewing someone else's past experience. This can be a good point.

Then my wife mentioned how her son from a previous marriage had pretended to drive a motorcycle at an age where he had never had exposure to that kind of vehicle. How could have he known?

Then i read about past life recalls of other children, with remarkable accuracy, and some with current life confirmation with still living people from the past life.

Then i read 'Journey of Souls' by Michael Newman, a psychotherapist, who recorded his patients' afterlife experiences between lives. This book explains how souls are indeed using incarnations to improve themselves. Eventually the soul rejoins the Creator at the highest consciousness level. We have amnesia to this on Earth in order not to confuse things (though i personally dont see the benefit of forgetting once you reach a certain level of awareness).

Is discussing this a distraction, perhaps. If we could remember past lives it would completely invalidate the current materialistic/darwinian world view. We do have a purpose here and it is by divine design.

Also, knowing how past lives affect the current is a useful exercise, especially when you cant explain some of the problems and barriers one is experiencing. Certainly past life experiences used for bragging about is just a waste of time. But if knowing helps your progress now, then why not?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Wind (19th November 2016)

16. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 times in 309 posts

Book of Nerd 1010:1 (not to be confused with the Book of Geek)

Think of reincarnation like this,
    Your soul is a sim card,
    Your body is the cell phone,
    this current line of phones(body) has a broken link/blue tooth/connection, we cannot upload any of our media to source.
    The sim card( soul) in the phone(body) has to be removed from the broken device( body) and manually uploaded,
    The sim card (soul) is then formatted and reinstalled into a new phone (body) when we are reincarnated.

I realy should finish the Book of Nerd and the Book of Geek
    When living in a country with free thought, you'll find many do not feel the need to think.

17. Link to Post #31
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

That is a lot of if's which signifies that reincarnation as it is doesn't register as truth.
    Now if it don't exist. these questions don't make sense.

So maybe it's time for a different question?

With Love
    Eelco

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Eram (18th November 2016)

19. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

20. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (23rd September 2017), Bob (19th November 2016), Callista (19th November 2016), Clear Light (19th November 2016), Eram (19th November 2016), findingneo (23rd September 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd September 2017), greybeard (19th November 2016), Hym (23rd September 2017), Justplain (20th November 2016), KiwiElf (19th November 2016), Krist (19th November 2016), Mercedes (24th September 2017), Mike (19th November 2016), NancyV (19th November 2016), naochan (19th November 2016), Omi (23rd September 2017), Rhogar (20th September 2018), Rich (20th November 2016), Ron Mauer Sr (19th November 2016), seko (24th September 2017), Star Tsar (23rd September 2017), uzn (23rd September 2017), Wind (19th November 2016), Yetti (19th November 2016)

21. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 times in 332 posts

Hello! Ghostrider. Where you get this about Nokodemjon?

22. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by CO2 (here)
    If reincarnation is true then who was the first person to ever be created before they were created? Or didn't reincarnation apply to that person? Or they might be caught in a vacuum of some sort.

If reincarnation is true then who we are NOW will always be who we have always been; right?
    some good questions.
    how far would one have to go back to not see a past anymore?

23. Link to Post #35
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

EmEx very good question, and I had to giggle when I read CO2's questions. They are wonderful and I would have liked to have "Thank"(ed) CO2 for asking them, except that had been disabled. I have never asked anyone to regress that far back so I don't know. But great questions.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

Rich (23rd September 2017)

25. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,392 times in 3,448 posts

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    This is one of those ponderable, but unprovable questions of life. That's one reason why we talk and write about it so much. No one can prove or disprove reincarnation. It's an article of faith. Like religion.
    I think eventually science will more or less prove reincarnation. We have archaic science in the public domain right now though....
    Last edited by Omni; 23rd September 2017 at 02:26.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

drneglector (24th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd September 2017), Hym (23rd September 2017), Wind (23rd September 2017)

27. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by findingneo (here)
    EmEx very good question, and I had to giggle when I read CO2's questions. They are wonderful and I would have liked to have "Thank"(ed) CO2 for asking them, except that had been disabled. I have never asked anyone to regress that far back so I don't know. But great questions.
    The mods didnt feel like he was a good match for the forum.

as you said in another post if we can go back one day we should be able to go back further.
    Isn't that the exact same concept? but can there be a beginning? Probably the mind will always make something up.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Post:

findingneo (28th September 2017)

29. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

Dr. Stevenson(sp) did a lot of research into reincarnation and
    proved to himself at least, that it is a real phenomena.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

avid (23rd September 2017), Chester (23rd September 2017), Hervé (23rd September 2017), Omni (24th September 2017)

31. Link to Post #39
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    Dr. Stevenson(sp) did a lot of research into reincarnation and
    proved to himself at least, that it is a real phenomena.
    see this post (<---)
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (23rd September 2017), Chester (23rd September 2017), East Sun (1st October 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd September 2017), Mercedes (24th September 2017)

33. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,636 times in 2,654 posts

I recently watched Pigtail Gurl's recent video, regarding karma, rebirth and saying NO to contracts made on our souls by nefarious means. This resonated well with me, made sense, and put lots of odd 'jigsaw pieces' together. We do NOT have to be part of the 'matrix', we can refuse, as we have free will. We do NOT have to reincarnate.

We can just go back to source, peace, and oneness in love. Ah well, fingers, toes, eyes et al crossed.... Just say NO!
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (23rd September 2017), Mercedes (24th September 2017), Michi (24th September 2017), mojo (23rd September 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast