+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast

Thread: If reincarnation is true...

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,945 times in 464 posts

Default Re: If reincarnation is true...

I loved her attitude and all arround vibe. We will succeed!!! Thank you Avid.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

Bluegreen (24th September 2017)

3. Link to Post #42
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

Hi EmEx, what is thought of as the conscious self, that part of us that is conversing now, is given a connection to the subconscious during a past life regression. Usually, the two do not communicate. The conscious self is usually unaware of the existence of the subconscious, but the subconscious records everything that the conscious self experiences and does not talk to the conscious. The subconscious is connected to that universal consciousness and so can connect with all information, everywhere, anytime. When a connection is truly made between the conscious and subconscious, such as during a regression, you can access your subconscious which has access to all the answers. However, there are some places we are not allowed access to. Certainly, past life regression can seem like it is the mind making things up, but having been able to eventually track information from past lives where the information was not initially available to obtain, or when seemingly random circumstantial information purporting to a seemingly unrelated life circumstance can be pulled together when recorded history is researched, it goes beyond mere chance that going back in time is mere imagination. I can see how if you have not experienced something, it is hard to believe. I would feel that way too. But you are not dealing with your conscious self, but your subconscious. I just found it an interesting question, because if those questions were easily accessible, they would have been accessed by now. If you ever have a regression, and you ask the regressionist to ask those questions, I would love to hear what answer your subconscious gives. I have enough trouble dealing with the question I have asked since I was bout 6 years old. Regarding there being no ending to space and the infinity thing. That defies my understanding of reality in itself, so I just don't go there. No one could satisfy my comprehension of that. That is why I giggled. All hard questions. Reminded me of the questions I would ask as a kid. Great questions, hard to comprehend even if we had access to an answer I think.
    Last edited by findingneo; 28th September 2017 at 18:46. Reason: Added a little more for coherence.

4. Link to Post #43
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

I think it important to be aware that words that come from a different age, a different culture a different language are not easily translated,
    For example one translation, the word sin in the original context means "to fall short of the mark" which is rather different from the meaning assigned to it by religion.

Religions promoted fear, to control, to feed the need for a way to be saved.
    A one stop shop to take away your "guilt" and everything else.
    Your link to "God".
    Non duality has a totally different philosophy.
    Your are One with the Creator.
    The human ego is the cause of acts defined as evil.
    Edge God Out is one definition.

Reincarnation is a belief which is part of Maya---you have to learn from your mistakes till you are enlightened then you at are free of the wheel of Karma.

However the Mystics say otherwise---you are complete in your True Self--no improvement necessary or possible.
    You are Consciousness which may condense itself from formless to become limited persona which has forgotten it True Self.

After this adventure into a seeming separate persona, on leaving the body there is the return to the eternal One Self which was never really left.
    Its consciousness at play---the Cosmic dance.

So is there reincarnation--karma and all these similar concepts?---yes in the mirage of Maya--in ultimate, reality no.

You could say we are at the movies and in the movie at the same time.
    A good movie can make you laugh make you cry--very real.
    The only thing about it that is real is the screen its projected on.
    We are the field of consciousness projecting life and being life.

I'm not saying I'm correct in these assumptions.

Ch
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (28th September 2017), Noelle (29th September 2017), pueblo (2nd October 2017), syrwong (29th September 2017), Wind (29th September 2017)

6. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Love that, Greybeard!! We are "at the movies & in the movies" at the same time!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

greybeard (29th September 2017), Noelle (29th September 2017)

8. Link to Post #45
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

Hi Greybeard, you say that "Reincarnation is a belief which is part of Maya".

I think Maya it is an illusion too, but Maya or not, it is part of our reality, because our physical 3D world is Maya. Our 3D reality is the illusion.And it comes as a package deal.
    It does not matter if you believe in reincarnation or not, because you are in it, like it or not.
    You are as tied to the deeds of your reincarnation cycle just by being here. I don't know how many times I have tried to break a certain cycle. Every step of the way, you can't move forward or any direction, without creating karma. It is a flawed system.
    Does it mean I will stop looking for a way out of the system? No. Just by talking about it, awareness of the system changes peoples perception of reality and how they behave.

You say Greybeard that you have to learn from your mistakes until you are enlightened, then you free yourself from the wheel of karma. I wish it was that easy. That is what I understood it to be for a long time. The fact that we are born without memory, means we have no idea for a long time during a lifetime, who we are. We are a spiritual being first, with that cliche, we are a spiritual being having a human experience. That human experience makes us forget. By the time we remember, we have clocked up heaps of karma to be added to the rest.

As far as becoming enlightened. Not sure about our starting point. I regressed a woman who is a university lecturer. She has status and professional respect. She is full of her own self worth, she is selfish and she does not believe in karma or the afterlife. She did a number of things that elevated her and allowed her to spend money for overseas trips that fraudulently took money from other peoples pockets who were not so well off, and as such, took the food from the mouths of their kids. According to the law, there was not proof. The lecturer is smug about it. She chuckled at her perceived superiority.

Prior to the above, I gave her a regression. She did not believe in karma, or that she could be regressed, or even that regression to past lives was real, or possible. Her soul took her right back to what she understood to be her first past life. She started to laugh loudly. She was looking down down from the top of a cliff onto a scene where her clan was going about their daily business, and she was a cave man. She was a man in that life and he loved his life. He has a woman who was his mate and he had a daughter and son who were still young. He loved them all very much. He had a beautiful relationship with his wife, he would take his son and teach him to hunt and he loved the bonding experiences. His wife would teach the daughter about which plants to gather, when and where for food, medicines, how to use them, and skills needed for survival. Unlike the impression I had that life as a cave man must have been extremely brutal, this life as a cave man was wonderful.

Unfortunately, something as simple as a tooth abscess cut short lives. The father got an abscess and knew he would die. The whole family was devastated. He died and did not want to leave his family because the children were still too young to be without a father. His "wife" would moan and bang her head against the rock cave in mental anguish at the loss of her mate. He stayed with them in spirit until they were old enough and the children found their own mates. His perception of time in spirit, watching his children grow, was more like months than years.

The next life her soul took her to was that of a monk, another life as a man and thousands, if not tens of thousands of years later than her life as a cave man. He chose to leave his family from the time he was a young person to join a monastery and give his life to God. He loved having no possessions and living a very simple and frugal life, and a life spent in prayer and silence and the mundane chores that went with it. He loved "God" and was a perfect monk. At the end of that lifetime, and when he passed over, I asked what he/she was seeing? I was told to be quiet by her as she was having a conversation with "God" and it was private and I was interrupting. After several minutes of some smiles, nods and such, I asked what was going on. She answered that "God" had just been telling her what a good job she had done in that lifetime. Of course I don't know who this "God" really was.

So back to this lifetime and the regression has finished, I asked her among other things about her beliefs now. She said that she still did not believe in reincarnation, God (in whatever form), or karma. She did not reflect on what her Soul had shown her in any way. A few months later, she misled and defrauded creating hardship for others to fund her overseas trip, without remorse. So go figure?

So I do not think even the reincarnation cycle is as straightforward. Apart form the karma we are born with, the karmic debt is built upon the moment we are born into each lifetime, starting perhaps with our birth certificate these days. Our first contract. And not having memory of past lifetimes is an impediment.

"Ego is the cause of acts defined as evil". Sure, ego has a lot to answer for and perpetuates everything. We externalize our thoughts and project in onto others. But there are lots of hidden things pulling the strings too. Not knowing about those things perpetuates the intensity and lack of awareness of ego.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (16th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st October 2017), greybeard (30th September 2017), Michi (1st October 2017), pueblo (2nd October 2017), Rich (1st October 2017)

10. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by findingneo (here)
    I think Maya it is an illusion too, but Maya or not, it is part of our reality, because our physical 3D world is Maya. Our 3D reality is the illusion.And it comes as a package deal.
    I agree that if we think we exist in time we create a past and future because what we think is "now" cannot exist without them.
    But I think more along the lines of how Bashar explains it, that the past is created from the moment of now instead of the past having created us.

If you consider that we do not come to a world but the world arises from your consciousness then the word incarnation is misleading - at least it is inaccurate.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (1st October 2017), greybeard (1st October 2017), Navigator (6th January 2018)

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

There are several stories about reincarnation out there, I'm sorry I can't find them for you, they are really convincing. Just Google "reincatnation stories" and voilá!
    Last edited by transiten; 1st October 2017 at 15:12.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

findingneo (1st October 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st October 2017)

14. Link to Post #48
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,203 times in 437 posts

Quote Posted by transiten (here)
    There are several stories about reincarnation out there, I'm sorry I can't find them for you, they are really convincing. Just Google "reincatnation stories" and voilá!
    One good place to start looking is at: https://www.nderf.org/
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

findingneo (2nd October 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd October 2017)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

From ACIM;

Is Reincarnation So?

In the ultimate sense, reincarnation is impossible. There is no past or future,
    and the idea of birth into a body has no meaning either once or many times.
    Reincarnation cannot, then, be true in any real sense. Our only question
    should be, "Is the concept helpful?" And that depends, of course, on what it
    is used for. If it is used to strengthen the recognition of the eternal nature of
    life, it is helpful indeed. Is any other question about it really useful in
    lighting up the way? Like many other beliefs, it can be bitterly misused. At
    least, such misuse offers preoccupation and perhaps pride in the past. At
    worst, it induces inertia in the present. In between, many kinds of folly are
    possible.

Reincarnation would not, under any circumstances, be the problem to be
    dealt with <now>. If it were responsible for some of the difficulties the
    individual faces now, his task would still be only to escape from them now.
    If he is laying the groundwork for a future life, he can still work out his
    salvation only now. To some, there may be comfort in the concept, and if it
    heartens them its value is self-evident. It is certain, however, that the way to
    salvation can be found by those who believe in reincarnation and by those
    who do not. The idea cannot, therefore, be regarded as essential to the
    curriculum. There is always some risk in seeing the present in terms of the
    past. There is always some good in any thought which strengthens the idea
    that life and the body are not the same.
    For our purposes, it would not be helpful to take any definite stand on
    reincarnation.

A teacher of God should be as helpful to those who believe in
    it as to those who do not. If a definite stand were required of him, it would
    merely limit his usefulness, as well as his own decision making. Our course
    is not concerned with any concept that is not acceptable to anyone,
    regardless of his formal beliefs. His ego will be enough for him to cope
    with, and it is not the part of wisdom to add sectarian controversies to his
    burdens. Nor would there be an advantage in his premature acceptance of
    the course merely because it advocates a long-held belief of his own.
    It cannot be too strongly emphasized that this course aims at a complete
    reversal of thought. When this is finally accomplished, issues such as the
    validity of reincarnation become meaningless. Until then, they are likely to
    be merely controversial. The teacher of God is, therefore, wise to step away
    from all such questions, for he has much to teach and learn apart from them.
    He should both learn and teach that theoretical issues but waste time,
    draining it away from its appointed purpose. If there are aspects to any
    concept or belief that will be helpful, he will be told about it. He will also
    be told how to use it. What more need he know?

Does this mean that the teacher of God should not believe in reincarnation
    himself, or discuss it with others who do? The answer is, certainly not! If he
    does believe in reincarnation, it would be a mistake for him to renounce the
    belief unless his internal Teacher so advised. And this is most unlikely. He
    might be advised that he is misusing the belief in some way that is
    detrimental to his pupil's advance or his own. Reinterpretation would then
    be recommended, because it is necessary. All that must be recognized,
    however, is that birth was not the beginning, and death is not the end. Yet
    even this much is not required of the beginner. He need merely accept the
    idea that what he knows is not necessarily all there is to learn. His journey
    has begun.

The emphasis of this course always remains the same;--it is at this moment
    that complete salvation is offered you, and it is at this moment that you can
    accept it. This is still your one responsibility. Atonement might be equated
    with total escape from the past and total lack of interest in the future.
    Heaven is here. There is nowhere else. Heaven is now. There is no other
    time.
    No teaching that does not lead to this is of concern to God's teachers.
    All beliefs will point to this if properly interpreted. In this sense, it can be
    said that their truth lies in their usefulness. All beliefs that lead to progress
    should be honored. This is the sole criterion this course requires. No more
    than this is necessary.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Post:

greybeard (6th January 2018)

18. Link to Post #50
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The challenge is the different levels of perception.
    Now in Ultimate there is literally no other---One without a second--being an ancient and very clear description of Ultimate--which is unaware of being Ultimate.
    Ultimate being a comparison of/with lesser definitions.

"Awareness" (Self)--does not need confirmation that it is. No subject--no object.

So to the Ultimate--there being no other--reincarnation is a thought perhaps, not a reality--there is only One as reality
    --in order to have a reincarnation story, as EmEX pointed out there has to be time and of course others.

Im not an expert so the question remains "What is Truth"?

At the moment whatever gets me through the day is almost the priority.
    The priority is that eternal question "Who am I?"

Chris

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th January 2018), Rich (6th January 2018), william r sanford72 (6th January 2018), Wind (6th January 2018)

20. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    The challenge is the different levels of perception.
    True, but there are no different levels of perception in reality, there is truth or no truth, hate or love, time or timelessness.
    Defining ourselves through the past creates all problems, because it means that whatever we think we have done wrong or has happened is who we are and part of us.
    Then we take the pain of the past with us into the present and say it is now.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

greybeard (6th January 2018), Orph (6th January 2018)

22. Link to Post #52
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

If reincarnation is true...

... well, then:

Your Life Before & After This One

Henry Makow January 5, 2018

Michael Berg, 32, discovered that our life between lives can be accessed through hypnosis, among other techniques.

Understanding the nature of our existence as an immortal soul and the purpose of life, can help us with self-healing and help us deal with the social ills of our present world more effectively.

Quote "Death is not the end of anything. It is just the beginning. Death is a natural path we all must take.

No one really dies. Only the physical vehicle dies. We continue on to our true home."
    (Disclaimer: I am reserving judgment here but feel this information is of widespread interest & merits consideration.)

By Michael Berg
    (henrymakow.com)

I was born in 1985 in Israel. My family are European Jews.

From a very young age, I felt that religion simply didn't provide me with answers. Then in December 2007, my journey of self-discovery began. I was interested in the subject of hypnosis as a means of enhancing memory. My interest was purely academic. I had read that it was possible through hypnosis to tap into memories of past events normally hidden from our conscious mind.

I went into the "Google" search engine searching using the words "Hypnosis uncover memories". I couldn't imagine at the time that these three words would lead me into a journey that would eventually change my life and my perception of reality forever.

(Dr. Michael Newton, 1931-2016)

Suddenly, I saw this interesting website that talked about hypnosis as a means to tap into our soul memories and our lives as spirits between incarnations. They talked of a groundbreaking therapeutic technique called "Spiritual regression" as a means to facilitate the process and that this hypnosis regression technique was developed and pioneered by a retired American psychologist named Dr. Michael Newton.

Being a religious Jew at the time I "thought" I knew "everything" about the purpose of life and why we are here. I soon realized that neither Judaism nor any other religions provided us with the answers. But this new groundbreaking technique might be different.

Out of curiosity I read through the entire website and watched the interviews conducted by Dr. Michael Newton on the subject. While reading it, I felt something moving in me. For some reason, it ringed TRUE. For the first time, I read something that made sense to me about the purpose of life - who we are, why we are here, where do we come from and where we are going.

Needless to say, I was fascinated that it was possible to tap into our soul-self and our existence as souls in the afterlife. I contacted a therapist in the field of soul regression. He had a very long waiting list. In this case, you don't have much choice but to wait.

All you can do is give it a chance and be open-minded. It can potentially change your life. After that, needless to say, I had left Judaism behind me once I understood that it's meaningless. I also didn't like the anti-gentile hatred within the creed which was always a problem for me.

In the meantime, the entire subject of soul regression opened an all-new door of spiritual interest to me. It brought me to the subject of Out Of Body (OBE) travel.

After researching the subject I had my first full consciousness OBE in November 2011. I remember feeling like electricity going through my body, paralysis. I couldn't move my body and suddenly I saw myself in another place, in another reality. I was there; it was not a dream. It was so mind-blowing that I couldn't sleep that night at all. I was busy writing my experience in my diary.

THE HISTORY OF LIFE BETWEEN LIVES HYPNOTHERAPY.

Life Between Lives (LBL) Regression is a deep hypnotic technique, developed by Dr. Michael Newton (1931-2016), an American psychologist, and is described in detail in his books, Journey of Souls, Destiny of Souls and Life Between Lives Hypnotherapy, as well as the latest book in the series, Memories of the Afterlife.

These books summarize the findings of Dr. Michael Newton and Members of The Newton Institute (Link below) who have taken many thousands of people into a superconscious state where they were able to "see" into the Spirit World - the place between our physical incarnations. The data shows that thousands of different people, from different races, ethnic groups, and religions - from atheists to religious fundamentalist had the same CONSISTENT accounts of what it is like in the Spirit World after we "die".

Based upon his groundbreaking regression technique with thousands of "Between lives" clients, Dr. Newton has been able to describe the realm of the spirit world which is consistent with, yet far more elaborated, than that found in the Near Death Experience (NDEs) and Out of Body (OBEs) literature. Dr. Newton's findings are among the most significant, in terms of both the depth and inspiration, of any in the metaphysical and spiritual literature. LBL takes one to that very special time a soul spends in the afterlife ("The Spirit World") between its physical incarnations.

During an LBL, one experiences oneself as an immortal soul, meets with their spirit guides, loved ones who had passed away and other beings who help one explore their soul lessons, life's purpose and other questions that you have prepared for the session. During this time in spirit, many experience healing, unconditional love and oneness with all things. LBL is a profound, life-transforming experience.

Additional research in the regression field was carried out by Psychiatrist Dr. Brian Weiss (linked below) while Robert Monroe and William Buhlman (linked below) pioneered the Out Of Body (OBE) field.

THE LESSONS I'VE LEARNED AND HOW UNDERSTANDING OUR IMMORTAL IDENTITY USING LBL & OBE METHODS CAN HELP US IN THE WORLD TODAY
    We live in a world of real intolerance (Not the pseudo "intolerance" promoted by the establishment), where races and religions don't respect each other's differences and their RIGHT to be different. A world where peoples do not respect the right of others to be who they are (i.e. their God-given right to preserve their own kind - their racial, ethnic, cultural and religious identity). A world where 700,000 innocent civilians were murdered by religious intolerance in middle-east. A world where 0.2% of the world's population steals the productivity and national treasures of 95% of humanity. A materialistic world of "me", "me" and "me", where Globalism destroys everything that is God-given, natural and good in the world (i.e. family, race, nation etc.) for the sake of material gain and control.

We live in a world where males and females are brainwashed [to] compete with each other (Feminism) rather than complement each-other and become ONE in flesh and in spirit as they were intended by Nature and God.

Specifically, this is a world of racial intolerance against the ethnic Europeans - a program of hatred, ethnic cleansing, and genocide against the native European peoples worldwide (aka "White Genocide") is being promoted and celebrated by Anti-European hatred and Anti-European racism.

This is a world where the native Europeans are being told that they shouldn't exist since their existence - their race and their DNA - is "evil".

I believe Humanity is a family of races, each of which makes up the whole. Each race has something to contribute, and each race deserves to survive and has a right to their own homeland. There's no need to hate each other, displace each-other and steal each other's land. women and wealth. We are all connected on a soul level. By harming other races we are really harming ourselves. By stealing from others, we are really stealing from ourselves.

People should have the right to believe any religion that they choose to as long as they respect each other. However, as the research shows, there really is no need to hate each other based on religious differences. In our true home (aka The Spirit World) there really are no "Christians" or "Muslims" or "Jews" or "Buddhists" or "Hindus". There are just souls and all are treated with love and care since we all come from the same Source. The truth is universal.

"God" IS Consciousness IS Love. We are all part of this all-knowing, all-powerful consciousness that drives the universe and which created everything in it. As souls, we all strive for perfection. The powers that be want us to become ego-based, fear-based individuals who care only about themselves and not about others.

Our mission here as a soul is to evolve in consciousness and become Love. We become love by overcoming fear and ego. Thus we become less about ourselves and more about others. This is how we evolve and grow as a soul. In practical terms, we do this by Loving, i.e. sacrificing and protecting first our own family, then our own race, then our nation, then the rest of mankind (The order is gradual as we must live in accordance with Natural Law for this to work).

We choose to come here to Earth for the purpose of evolving as a soul - we do this by overcoming Fear (Ego) and all negative emotions connected to fear. Our one ultimate goal is to become Love. This is the one main lesson we need to learn. This is how we seek perfection. Once we finish this one main lesson we won't need to return to this place.

FINAL WORDS

Death is not the end of anything. It is just the beginning. Death is a natural path we all must take. No one really dies. Only the physical vehicle dies. We continue on to our true home.

RELATED:

SOMETHING ANGELIC:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMyo8I8AKmY

Journey Between Lives - Interview with Dr. Michael Newton :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk5bSG78pbQ&t=549s

A short intro to Dr. Michael Newton's groundbreaking work:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrRRmqyywcI

A 2000 C2C Interview with Dr. Michael Newton:
    https://youtu.be/CePlzxZKYes

Another interview with Dr. Michael Newton:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvbgytCmfuo&t=244s

The Newton Institute For Life Between Lives:
    https://www.newtoninstitute.org/

Audiobook version of Dr. Newton's book "Journey Of Souls":
    https://archive.org/details/MichaelNewtonJourneyOfSouls

AfterlifeTV Interview Over LBL:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM6jaQ_K0Eo

Psychiatrist Dr. Brian Weiss Regression Work :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29jdGCLohB4

Dr. Weiss's Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrX...oRXWg83vd5sWvw

Out Of Body (OBE) Pioneer Robert Moroe
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBii06UyWwY&t=794s

Out Of Body (OBE) William Buhlman's Channel (Providing methods to induce an OBE experience):
    https://www.youtube.com/user/wbuhlman
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (6th January 2018), greybeard (6th January 2018), kanishk (6th January 2019), Rhogar (20th September 2018), thunder24 (6th January 2018), Wind (6th January 2018)

24. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,409 times in 838 posts

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)

People should have the right to believe any religion that they choose to as long as they respect each other. .......

Our mission here as a soul is to evolve in consciousness and become Love. We become love by overcoming fear and ego. Thus we become less about ourselves and more about others. This is how we evolve and grow as a soul. In practical terms, we do this by Loving, i.e. sacrificing and protecting first our own family, then our own race, then our nation, then the rest of mankind (The order is gradual as we must live in accordance with Natural Law for this to work).

We choose to come here to Earth for the purpose of evolving as a soul - we do this by overcoming Fear (Ego) and all negative emotions connected to fear. Our one ultimate goal is to become Love. This is the one main lesson we need to learn. This is how we seek perfection. Once we finish this one main lesson we won't need to return to this place.
    "Freedom" means I have a right to believe in any religion. Even a religion that says I should hunt you down and and remove your physical presence from the face of this earth. If I don't have that right, then no one learns about what it means to truly hate, or to truly love. Painful lessons to be learned, yes. For both the 'hater' and the 'hated'. 'Tolerance' and 'love' have to come from within. We each have to learn that 'freely'.

When kids get into a fight, the parents come running out, stop the fight, and say "Now, say your sorry and shake hands". So the kids say "sorry" and shake hands. But are they really sorry? No. They're just going through the motions because their parents told them to.

So, (as I highlighted above), I wonder what he means when he says, "sacrificing and protecting our family, then our race". Does he mean it's okay to use physical violence against a hater to protect himself? But if a I'm not allowed to hate in the first place, (you know, only religions that practice tolerance are allowed), then he need not fear me anyway. So, what lesson did he learn.

Sure, society has man made laws against killing and theft and stuff. But I'm talking about the growth and learning of our individual soul. If growth of the soul is done by overcoming fear, then, it stands to reason that there has to be something to fear in the first place.

Oooooops.

Sorry, I got a bit off topic there.

So, as to the topic at hand which is reincarnation, this gives us the chance to be both the hater and the hated. That way we get to learn both side, and see that really we are one. (There, now I'm back on topic).
    Last edited by Orph; 6th January 2018 at 17:29.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (7th January 2018), greybeard (6th January 2018)

26. Link to Post #54
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The only thing I can be sure of is "i am" the rest is "May be so"
    Ps.
    "We can quote this person that person this book that book--but the bottom line is that is that you are taking some one elses word for it---as I do from time to time."

added for clarity

Ch
    Last edited by greybeard; 6th January 2018 at 18:40.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (7th January 2018), Navigator (6th January 2018), Orph (6th January 2018), Rich (6th January 2018), william r sanford72 (6th January 2018)

28. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Orph (here)
    So, as to the topic at hand which is reincarnation, this gives us the chance to be both the hater and the hated. That way we get to learn both side, and see that really we are one. (There, now I'm back on topic).
    And why would you want to learn to be hated or hater? Where is the joy in that? Hate by default means suffering.

As ACIM explains, God created us perfect, if that is so, it would naturally negate the need for incarnation or reincarnation i.e. any kind of change.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Post:

30. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Quote "We can quote this person that person this book that book--but the bottom line is that is that you are taking some one elses word for it---as I do from time to time."
    The question is what message/reality would you like to believe in?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Post:

32. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    Quote "We can quote this person that person this book that book--but the bottom line is that is that you are taking some one elses word for it---as I do from time to time."
    The question is what message/reality would you like to believe in?
    Dear EmEx a belief is a thought---it may be a reality, but many people are incorrect in their deeply held beliefs--wars are fought over beliefs.
    I know I exist, thats not a belief, not at thought, this does not need thinking to confirm.
    I know im being purist but Truth is pure--not contaminated by thought.
    We are in the play of consciousness--thats a maybe so.
    Reincarnation is valid in the cosmic dance.

These are my thoughts--so not necessarily true.

Ps some thoughts are very helpful, in current reality--smiling

Ch

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th January 2018), Hervé (6th January 2018), Rich (7th January 2018), Wind (6th January 2018)

34. Link to Post #58
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Since in 553 A.D. Justinian "outlawed" the belief in reincarnation.....it must be true! It wouldn't do to have a populace that couldn't be enslaved by The Controllers!!

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

greybeard (6th January 2018), Rich (7th January 2018), Wind (7th January 2018)

36. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Even if they burned all of the books in the world the truth will never be erased or forgotten.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (7th January 2018), greybeard (7th January 2018), Rich (7th January 2018)

38. Link to Post #60
    Australia Avalon Member DeeMetrios's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 times in 229 posts

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    Nokodemjon , from the planet Sadar... it is said he was the first human form to complete the 60-80 billion material life, 60-80 million half spirit half material, then he entered into the first pure spirit level 4 billion years , then the last pure spirit level of Petale, then he merged to be one with the Creation, 12 billion years ago , he came back to the reincarnation cycle for the people fell away from the spirit teaching, wars ensued, he created a clone army and in 4 years restored peace, came to our universe 389,000 years ago as the first Enoch, of which there were three, the most recent was 9,000 years ago, he came back in the personalities we know as Enoch , Isaiah, Elijah, Jeremiah, Immanuel and Muhammad , teachers of spirit... not trying to ruffle the feathers, this is just my understanding of what i have read ... im not sure i should even say anymore, i dont want trouble ...believe freely as you like about reincarnation ...
    wow !! .... & we are led to beleive that time is an illusion & all exists in the now ?

39. The Following User Says Thank You to DeeMetrios For This Post:

Rich (7th January 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast