+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to strengthen your intuition & hear your inner voice

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default How to strengthen your intuition & hear your inner voice

I love my coffee!

“For most who are very developed with intuition, it’s a gift, and diet doesn’t seem to matter for these people. For me it does. I think for many people it does because food can preoccupy you with thinking,” says Verne. Coffee, energy drinks, and other highly caffeinated drinks make your mind busy. “

http://mythicist.me/strengthen-your-intuition/

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 times in 371 posts

Default Re: How to strengthen your intuition & hear your inner voice

I think it affects all people. Some are just better at it that they can overcome it a bit, but anything that stimulates the mind is going to make it harder for you to calm it back down.

My spiritual teacher even says that people who are highly intelligent have a harder time in spiritual practice because they have a much more active mind.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neutronstar For This Post:

fourty-two (26th November 2016), uzn (25th November 2016)

4. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 times in 1,357 posts

Thank you for reminding us all about the importance of the inner voice.

What we want to do, that we don't do. What we don't want to do, that we do. There is fear there, so hence the intuition and inner voice is lost. When you feel the fear kick in, I think it is important to stop and allow a process of seeking peace in truth being to occur. The truth is steady. It is not one thing one day and something else some other day. If you for instance notice that someone is interested in you and smiles to you. That is never going to change. It happened. It's the truth. That's the good thing about truth, seeing it once is enough. Therefore, the inner voice and intuition is strengthened by moving from "thinking" that the truth is in some particular way, to "knowing" how truth is. Because in the process of knowing the truth you find peace in this process of seeing the truth and feeling the peace of the truth, hence in this state the fears cannot exist as much and hence you can attach to the inner voice by being the knowing of the truth. By knowing the truth and being in that truth, you can take steps that are steps you want to take because you know the truth and that this truth is there for you. So it is to a great degree a process of learning to trust the knowing of the truth as well as to trust the truth itself and the beauty of it.

So let's say a situation is that you don't know whether to contact someone because of this or that. But if you know the truth in this situation and trust the knowing of the truth and the truth itself, you can contact that person based on knowing the truth, trusting the knowing of the truth and trusting the truth itself.

In other words, the truth is there for you to act on and act towards.

By being in truth, you are also able to see the truth. And when you see that truth, you know the truth. When you trust the knowing of the truth and the truth itself, then you are ready to act on it. And you should...

When you see a truth manifesting along your path, then you will also begin to sense a greater intelligence behind it all, now it's a bit less chaotic because in between all of the false that the senses receive at the surface, there is now truthful meaning shining through - truthful stuff, stuff that is truly meant for you, that has truly and true meaning for you, stuff that is truly there explicitly for you, stuff that will be there for you. The truth is not constrained by time.

It's enough when under certain very specific conditions you were now your true self for a short time and during that short time it allowed you to discover the truth by being able to see the truth. So basically one time of truth is enough to change your life. You can move from a state of your true self, discover a truth then go back into a state of being less true but have the truth you brought back from the true self state of being still with you. Then you might from that perspective have more doubts about it and stuff like that, but it is still the truth.

When you have seen the truth once, you can sigh a sigh of relief, because then that will always be forever, because the truth is steady.

When you seek peace in truth, you find the peace. In that peace you are able to see the truth. When you see the truth, you know the truth.
    Last edited by WhiteLove; 25th November 2016 at 21:49.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

angelfire (29th November 2016), Lunesoleil (31st December 2020), Sojourner (29th November 2016)

6. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,279 times in 2,100 posts

So what is intuition? is it the same as natural instinct?

What is the inner voice? I would believe it is something more than "the truth". It speaks the truth, or a form of it anyway. (Perhaps from a certain perspective.)

I feel that when you have that feeling of truth, as explained by WhiteLove, we are able to hear our inner voice better.

I have more questions for this topic, but I think there is a lot to discuss with these few.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Holly Lindin (26th November 2016), petra (24th September 2019)

8. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

What is the inner voice? I would believe it is something more than "the truth". It speaks the truth, or a form of it anyway. (Perhaps from a certain perspective.)

I feel that when you have that feeling of truth, as explained by WhiteLove, we are able to hear our inner voice better.

I have more questions for this topic, but I think there is a lot to discuss with these few.

9. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

oops, sorry for the double post. I tried to fix it but failed so thought it best to stop before I accidentally post it again! Lol!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (26th November 2016)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Patient (here)

From what i learned, intuition is natural instinct of human whereas natural instinct for animals. It is just somehow tricky to know whether it is pure intutition or something else because the complexity of human itself. Cos we human have brain, resulting thoughts, memories etc that we need to have some sort of inner filter to differenciate whether it is intuition or merely residues of thoughts, memory or habits. And I agree with you about inner voice speaks only the truth. Meanwhile spirituality is the key in order to be able to listen to our inner voice. The higher your spirituality leads to higer concious resulting in the competency to hear our inner voice clearly and the lower our spirituality will means more distraction and noise (like noise in radio signal). But hey, thats just me. I would like to hear more from others to broaden my perspective and be enlighten.

12. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

There are some esoteric teachings out there that recognize that consciousness is very subjective and formed by the environment of the being from the point of birth. This over time results in the ego - the me - which strongly over talks the talk of the inner voice. In order to then re-discover the inner voice, the being has to trace back how the subjective consciousness of the ego - the me - was formed, what in the environment was influencing its forming and why. From this understanding then follows a process of detaching these influences and in doing so the ego weakens so that the inner voice can be heard again. The inner voice is the true nature of all of us, which is love.

So for instance if we would live in a world of freedom, we would be totally different and constantly hear our inner voice very clearly. Outer voices exist that want to control, deceive, manipulate and impact what people should think, feel and how they should act... all of these things contribute to forming the subjective consciousness, which then strengthens the ego - the me - this process which has little to do with love, then sadly makes us lose touch with the inner voice of love.

In my understanding, and I might be wrong about this, a person deep inside knows who he/she really is, what is his/her core passion and so on. You can think of that as the inner voice. Imagine that somebody then locks that being into a glass chamber, where the chamber is all of the external stuff forced upon the being to form the subjective environment driven consciousness full of limitations - that's the me - the ego. So in order to re-discover the inner voice, one has to then basically face all of the stuff contained in the glass chamber and break it down, piece by piece. Here you then find all kinds of stuff bonded with the control structure of the external world. All of these bonds must then be broken in order for the true inner voice to be set free. It's a process of walking your own foot steps 100% and in doing so facing all fears tied to the subjective consciousness.
    Last edited by WhiteLove; 26th November 2016 at 09:27.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

Anjani (26th November 2016), Lunesoleil (31st December 2020), Sojourner (29th November 2016)

14. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I agree. I think intuition is our natural instinct.

And yes it seems true that with our ego we battle against our inner voice, and sometimes even our instinct!

The inner voice is the bigger mystery to me. Sometimes I feel it is so strong and apparent (not sure if that is the right word I want) , but the inner voice being so strong I am very confident in following it.

Have you ever had a situation where you clearly followed your inner voice and had things be wrong? I don't think I have - seems to me that when I clearly hear and follow my inner voice, the choice or decision seemed to be the right one. So that being the case, what is our inner voice - our spirit guide? Saying that it is 'love' is too simple an answer for me. Love can lead us down the wrong path in my opinion - (a joke, but also true because love can cloud our judgement).

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

greybeard (26th November 2016), Holly Lindin (26th November 2016)

16. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

WhiteLove, I think you are overthinking what the inner voice is. (Sorry, couldn't work out the quote reply). I view the inner voice as a voice - a strong thought in my head that stands apart from other random thoughts.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Patient For This Post:

greybeard (26th November 2016)

18. Link to Post #11
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Intuition can get you into situations that initially are not particularly beneficial but long term may strengthen you.
    Challenges strengthen, develop, spiritual muscle.
    Regardless, whats for you will not go past you.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Holly Lindin (26th November 2016), petra (24th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (26th November 2016), superior88 (14th September 2022)

20. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thanks Greybeard!.. I am not letting this go past me. 🙂 Although I didn't start this thread - we have Truthseekah to thank for that. The original question Truthseekah posted was how to strengthen intuition and the inner voice.

I am not sure that our intuition can be strengthened exactly, but I think we can learn to look for it and trust it more!

Our inner voice (depending on what it is exactly) I believe may be strengthened. Based on what I believe our inner voice is (a simple definition being a voice in our head - or a strong thought), I feel a simple way to strengthen it, is to actually listen for it - take the time to listen - and practice listening. Many people will say that the best way to strengthen any mental thought process or psychic skills is to meditate. I agree, but many people are reluctant to give themselves the time to meditate if this is not something they already do in their life. So, just make an extra effort to take a moment and listen to your thoughts.

Here is something I did when I was questioning if that voice had something more to it then it just being another thought running through our mind. I made an effort to pay attention to my thought process. I found that sometimes I would get a strong thought that felt a little different. It is hard to explain - it seemed to stand out. So a couple times when this happened and I didn't listen and let my ego affect my decision, I remembered and found that if I didn't make that choice based on my ego but rather on the voice, that would have been the better decision. Also, this was how I got prescient thoughts. So, what I did was when I thought that I had "heard" the inner voice give me the answer or whatever, I would say it out loud or write it down so that I knew that it was something different rather than just a thought in my head. Later, when the event occurred or the resulting decision was apparent, because I wrote it down I knew that i had recognized it rather than second guessing myself - does this makes sense? Am I getting this out right? (I am rushing this post right now - go figure, life is trying to keep me busy) lol

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

greybeard (27th November 2016), petra (24th September 2019)

22. Link to Post #13
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

In-- tuition for me starts with a feeling rather than words---a knowing.
    It is teaching me, showing me.

When younger you could have 10 or more people standing in front of me and I would know which one would be special for me at that moment in time instantly--no thought or analysis involved, that comes moments later and may talk me into or out of a decision as to what to do.
    This could apply to anything that would ultimately require a decision.
    Some times I have gone against my initial feeling and regretted it later but learned much from the end result.

Important decisions seem to get a stronger impulse--intuition.

I dont think you can strengthen intuition--just become more or less aware of it.

Is it always right--Yes I believe so, in that moment of time, in those circumstances .

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anjani (1st December 2016), Baby Steps (27th November 2016), conk (25th September 2019), petra (24th September 2019), superior88 (14th September 2022)

24. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

WhiteLove, I think you are overthinking what the inner voice is. (Sorry, couldn't work out the quote reply). I view the inner voice as a voice - a strong thought in my head that stands apart from other random thoughts.
    You might be right. In the esoteric teachings it is mentioned that an entire being consists of sort of like a life hub being - a soul level Godly being - that has collected all experiences through all lives, this is the inner voice and it has somehow extended into physical reality as a more subjective, more personal being. This being can, without memory, then lose itself in the context where it is and the subjective consciousness that is the result of that context and fool itself to think it's disconnected from the greater awareness self of itself. So somewhere in the background the true being self might be present, but the ego self over talks it in the context of the subjective context/consciousness. The intuition and inner voice, could be the temporary re-tuning to the life hub true greater awareness self being or the voice of God, fractions of memory about the past, present, future it is aware of that the ego in the short memory recall receives/catches through thought and emotion of it. This then feels good/at home/aligned to true self/destiny, hence the desire to find this voice, recall the memory and follow it. Something like this... Another theory is that it is a process where God provides direction. It could from some higher intelligence perspective be the same.

It might be that if you would define yourself and your life metaphorically as an onion with a number of layers, these layers would when combined form the ego self, while the core of the onion is the true self, the inner voice. So the process of re-discovering this inner voice would then be to peel off the layers, those layers could be basic things coloring your day to day life, things like going to some work, living in a particular country/city/home, doing particular things after work, spending time with particular persons, not spending time with some particular persons etc. You could then consider each of these layers as "dictators", they dictate to you what you should do when. The dictating is then what over talks the inner voice so that it cannot be heard. Without the inner dictating, the true inner voice might be re-discovered. So if something like this would be true, then based on this theory it would be optimal to just basically leave your house and go do whatever you want without thinking at all about tomorrow or yesterday or how to survive. It would be a life 100% driven by true inner desire and truth in the now, like no questions asked, the orientation is 100% anchored to inner desires from moment to moment. It would be like resetting your brain, your task has become to re-learn about reality from a true perspective whatever the costs may be. Every problem coming your way, would be resolved the way you naturally resolve that. In a way it would be kind of like going from being a house cat, to becoming a wild cat.

But there are examples when this has proven not to work. For instance I saw a YouTube video where somebody told a story of having gone into the jungle in Africa and I guess he had lost himself out there, without all of the knowledge you need to survive at night out in a cold dark jungle in the winter period. It had been a very traumatic experience. So nature can be nice, but you need to be aligned to nature the way it is and build certain technical skills to cope with its demands.
    Last edited by WhiteLove; 27th November 2016 at 14:27.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

greybeard (27th November 2016), Lunesoleil (31st December 2020)

26. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Alien Ramone's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to have almost no intuition, because if I couldn't prove something to myself, I wouldn't come to a conclusion on the subject, so that meant I might not realize what people's intentions or views were in relation to something or why they would do the things they do, because I wouldn't have all the information to determine it without it being a guess. Also I noticed that decisions that I might make that I took a long time thinking over in the back of my mind often could have been made right away, because I often didn't have any extra information when I finally did make the decision. Now I often try to come up with solutions quickly based on different aspects seeming most likely best one way or another.

After reading about the Meyers Briggs Temperament Index (MBTI), which is based on Carl Jung's work in psychology and includes intuition, I decided to try to develop intuition. I read that trusting your hunches is important in developing intuition and is difficult at first for someone who isn't used to doing that, because it makes them feel uneasy until they are used to doing it. I have found that trusting what I think a situation is and where I think other people are coming from, makes life a lot easier than keeping myself in the dark, because of uncertainty. Some situations truly are uncertain to me, and if knowing the answers is of no immediate consequence to me, I just leave it that way in my mind until there can be more information; Some of the situations that I'm talking about are the type of things that get talked about on Avalon in relation to whether whistle blowers and others are telling the truth, intentionally or unintentionally giving out misinformation, or crazy.

I haven't read the following, but it seems to me that part of intuition may be the back of the mind or part of the conscious mind thinking about all the possibilities of things that could happen, so if some of those come to complete consciousness, I take them seriously and take precautions to try to prevent any bad things from happening. A lot of it is just little stuff. For example the other day, I thought of the possibility that I would forget to bring my ID time card to work, so I put it in my vehicle right when I thought about it, instead of trying to just make a mental note to remember to bring it when I left for work.

Another thing I read about related to intuition is that a study showed that many more children today than in the past are right brain dominant (linked to intuition), presumably from using computers. I could see how that could be, since when someone works with computers and programs, not everything is spelled out and after a while people tend to get a sense of how to proceed when figuring out how to do something on a computer or how to solve a problem they may run into.

As a side note, one thing I've noticed is that random words or phrases sometimes come to mind, often triggered by a sound that may sound like the cadence of the words, but so far when focusing on that, I haven't come up with anything useful, so I consider that just more of a random thing that happens and not a part of intuition.

If I had used that linked article as a guide instead of the psychology information I had read when trying to develop intuition, I don't think it would have helped much. No matter how much sugar, caffeine, or sleep you have, I don't see it affecting much your sense of what someone is about when you interact with them or how you react to whether ideas in your head are the right way to go in solving a problem. To me the most useful idea in the article is to notice your intuitive voice, which is sort of the idea of trying to bring your subconscious out to the conscious mind, which Jung has talked about.
    Last edited by Alien Ramone; 28th November 2016 at 00:48.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Alien Ramone For This Post:

Lunesoleil (31st December 2020)

28. Link to Post #16
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

It is said the the "Gut" feeling is our "God" feeling. Jordan Maxwell says Gut is Scandinavian for God but we know how Jordan is on his terms. lol

29. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)

I dont think you can strengthen intuition--just become more or less aware of it.

Chris
    I agree with you on this. For me it is like, 'it wont knocked on your door, so youre the one that needs to open all doors and windows and strenghtened your senses so when it walked passed you can catch it'.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anjani For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd December 2016), greybeard (1st December 2016), petra (24th September 2019)

31. Link to Post #18
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Site is gone now, but I feel as if this may have some merit. I guess you could call that intuition too, but only if I am right (ha ha).

Good questions! Personally I find it easier to think about intuition when I call it "intuitive perception", because that describes what you're doing - perceiving things intuitively.

We can change how we perceive things using knowledge, and so I feel that it could be possible to strengthen intuition. My mother used to tell me intuition was "never wrong", and as powerful as that sounds, it's also confusing. The problem I come up against is, "Why is my intuition different from other people's?"

Here's something that actually happened to try and illustrate someone's intuition being wrong.

I'm buying some cigarettes at the store, and the lady ask to see my ID. I show her my REAL ID, but she still refused to take it. I argued, but she said she had a "bad gut feeling". WHAT?? A bad feeling about ME? I was in shock for about 30 seconds after I left, and then I broke into hysterical laughter at the ridiculousness of it all.

When I think of "inner voice", I liken that to my "conscience", and not an actual voice talking. Conscience can change though, I've experienced it. For example something which I did when I was younger didn't seem wrong at the time, but one morning I woke up and felt differently - so I stopped doing it.

32. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by TruthSeekah (here)
    It is said the the "Gut" feeling is our "God" feeling. Jordan Maxwell says Gut is Scandinavian for God but we know how Jordan is on his terms. lol
    The gut is like a second (well, third after the Heart) that communicates directly with the first brain. For example, the bad bacteria in the gut will demand that you eat sugar and other junk foods. You will not be able to resist, evidenced by the number of obese people. Obviously, there are myriad other signals passed from gut to brain. The gut is intimately linked to our higher self. Our preconceived ideas about the world, our subconscious programming, our faulty assumptions about life, all hinder that innate ability to receive messages from Self. Meditate and find that quiet space just before thought. The brain must be in an Alpha state or deeper.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

petra (27th September 2019), Wind (27th September 2019)

34. Link to Post #20
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 times in 1,199 posts

Arrow Re: How to strengthen your intuition & hear your inner voice

Tonight, I was thinking of my son that I could call him at the same time I had received a message from him on my answering machine, is it almost thought transmission?
    The divinatory arts help in their practices to develop intuition and I have to my credit many years of practice on astrology, a little less on tarot and I am very attentive to signs ...

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

pueblo (10th January 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast