+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 11 15 LastLast

Thread: Fake News and the War on Freedom and Truth

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,540 times in 740 posts

Default Fake News and the War on Freedom and Truth

I just finished reading a very good article on LewRockwell.com by Joachim Hagopian titled "Fake News and the War on Freedom and Truth" and thought I'd share it with you all.

My question to you all is: if TPTB (and their puppets) get away with this blatantly obvious and unconstitutional attack on freedom and free speech, where and how will we realistically get the truth on anything but what our fascist controllers want us to get ever again?

Rather than posting select excerpts from the article that I feel are most salient, I will simply post the first couple of paragraphs in the hope that it might stimulate you to follow the above title link and read the entire article for yourself.

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”

– George Orwell, Visionary Author

Now that the rigged election circus is finally behind us and the United States as a fake democracy has been exposed as a complete fraud, along with its criminally complicit, fake mainstream media news predicting Hillary would be the next president, with a vengeance the elite has accelerated its war against internet alternative news as the one and only closest source of truth left available to the global masses.

For ducking out from taking any honest responsibility for every scandal or shortcoming throughout her long, anything but ethical public life, Hillary Clinton’s M.O. has always been to rail against “the vast right-wing conspiracy” as her nemesis. Her election loss is no different. In all the frenzied post-election finger-pointing, puppet-in-chief Obama, his anointed, would-be successor Hillary and their MSM whores are acting as the proverbial pot calling the kettle black, launching a campaign to “expose” the internet for so-called “fake news,” conveniently blamed for Hillary losing the election (along with FBI fall guy James Comey, WikiLeaks and Putin of course, and legions of racist Trump supporters).
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th December 2016), BMJ (8th December 2016), christian (18th December 2016), Deega (28th November 2016), Desire (15th December 2016), DNA (28th November 2016), Dreamer148 (26th October 2020), drneglector (28th November 2016), enfoldedblue (27th November 2016), Ewan (28th November 2016), gaiagirl (17th December 2016), happyuk (24th March 2019), Hervé (28th November 2016), Lefty Dave (7th December 2016), Noelle (24th January 2017), Pam (28th November 2016), ponda (28th November 2016), TaintlessMetals (17th May 2017), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016), toppy (27th October 2020), vmk22 (27th November 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Default Re: Fake News and the War on Freedom and Truth

Here Jon Rappoport on why ''Fake News is dangerous'', like it very much.

Quote Exposing elites who run the world?

Exposing pedophile networks?

Documenting the lies and fabrications of major media?

Laying bare the manipulations of Globalists?

Revealing the crimes of both major political parties in America?

Uncovering the spread of pharmaceutical devastation?

Tracking the ruthless ops of major corporations?

Yes, many so-called “fake news” sites do all this and much more—but something else is also going on.

Many of these sites were launched and are spearheaded by ONE man or woman.

No person outside the mainstream is supposed to be so emboldened by his/her own point of view and passion.

“All points of view belong to a group.”

We’re not supposed to believe these “fake news” INDIVIDUALS created their news operations on their own. We’re not supposed to believe each individual had a vision of what the news is supposed to be and followed that vision forward with great energy.

An individual works for what he believes is true? He keeps his own counsel? He forges ahead, despite all opposition? He may even, when all is said and done, make a profit from his own labors? We’re supposed to oppose these “evils,” and by the grace of governments and their shadow operators, we will emerge from the darkness and find our salvation in a New Order of things.

***And never—if you happen to disagree with what some independent news site is saying—NEVER entertain the idea of starting YOUR OWN news operation and building it from the ground up to reflect YOUR OWN vision. NEVER. That is individual power, which is the horrible fate that would await you.

DOING IT ON YOUR OWN?

Avoid it like the plague.

Haven’t you studied your history? This country was originally built on chipping away at people’s individual creations and tearing them down. Right? How else could America have succeeded? It is only by taking away independence in all its forms that we could have arrived at the cusp of this grand triumph now: One Collectivist World.

If we give all our attention to the six corporations that own big media and deliver their news to us, we will arrive.

Hail, Caesar! Your followers salute you!
    https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2...are-dangerous/

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

BMJ (8th December 2016), ceetee9 (15th December 2016), DNA (28th November 2016), enfoldedblue (27th November 2016), Ewan (28th November 2016), gord (6th December 2016), Hervé (28th November 2016), Pam (28th November 2016), ponda (28th November 2016), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016), toppy (27th October 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

I find it so disappointing that everything is framed within the left right paradigm. It is such a massive stumbling block to spreading truth. This article wasn't bad, and certainly raised some important facts, however because it is written from an 'alt right' perspective it will not be appreciated by those half of those who need to hear it. I try to avoid taking a left/right position because I believe that the truth does not lie on either side and that both sides hold important aspects. What I find frustrating though is the echo chamber effect, where it seems almost everything is created for consumption by those who are of a similar alignment. For example today I was in a discussion with someone who was promoting the whole 'fake news' business, stating that fake news was dangerous because it was what made Hilary lose the election (basically a popular left narrative ATM), however when I went looking for some good sources of information to present a wider perspective, I was at a loss to find anything that didn't play into the left right dynamic. Though I can easily get past the propaganda of each side and focus on what I perceive as truth... I know that most people immediately shut down and disengage when they recognize that what they are reading is aligned with a pole that is in opposition to their own.

6. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Billy Vasiliadis (28th November 2016), ceetee9 (28th November 2016), christian (18th December 2016), Deega (28th November 2016), Ewan (28th November 2016), Hervé (28th November 2016), JoePiscapo (15th August 2022), lastlegs (8th December 2016), Lefty Dave (7th December 2016), lilac (28th November 2016), meredith (28th November 2016), Noelle (24th January 2017), Pam (28th November 2016), peggy englebrake (28th November 2016), ponda (28th November 2016), robinr1 (28th November 2016), sherron44 (15th December 2016), Ted (28th November 2016), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016), Tintin (4th December 2017), ulli (28th November 2016), wnlight (28th November 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,540 times in 740 posts

Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)
    I find it so disappointing that everything is framed within the left right paradigm. It is such a massive stumbling block to spreading truth. This article wasn't bad, and certainly raised some important facts, however because it is written from an 'alt right' perspective it will not be appreciated by those half of those who need to hear it. I try to avoid taking a left/right position because I believe that the truth does not lie on either side and that both sides hold important aspects. What I find frustrating though is the echo chamber effect, where it seems almost everything is created for consumption by those who are of a similar alignment. For example today I was in a discussion with someone who was promoting the whole 'fake news' business, stating that fake news was dangerous because it was what made Hilary lose the election (basically a popular left narrative ATM), however when I went looking for some good sources of information to present a wider perspective, I was at a loss to find anything that didn't play into the left right dynamic. Though I can easily get past the propaganda of each side and focus on what I perceive as truth... I know that most people immediately shut down and disengage when they recognize that what they are reading is aligned with a pole that is in opposition to their own.
    I agree enfoldedblue, but, as you pointed out, it is next to impossible to find any real "unbiased" information out there (i.e., just the facts and truth without being colored by the author's political or philosophical leanings). It is quite evident everywhere--even on allegedly "enlightened" sites like PA. But such is the world that we have created, and/or all contributed to, to one degree or another.

Until we ALL stop the "us" versus "them" meme, nothing of any real substantive change will ever occur, except possibly our own self destruction, IMO. Barring that, I think the best we can hope for is to ignore the hyperbole and rhetoric designed to incite emotional reactions and search for the nuggets of truth--if any exists. As you stated, truth is not the exclusivity of the left or right (or any government, organization, or individual).
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Deega (28th November 2016), enfoldedblue (28th November 2016), Ewan (28th November 2016), Noelle (24th January 2017), Pam (28th November 2016), ponda (7th December 2016), sherron44 (15th December 2016), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 times in 4,313 posts

The thing is, right now, the evil has consolidated to the left for the most part, and the alternative media is being "called" the "alt right" and demonized as such. But I've got to tell you, if wanting to hear the truth and telling others the truth is the "alt right" then I have no problem with being just that.
    FYI Dr. John Coleman who has been prophetic in stating what would happen in this 1993 lecture states that the Illuminati is comprised of what he calls the "committee of 300", and that their number 1 tool for destabilizing the USA is through the left and a liberal agenda. The guy is a genius and you really have to hear him out before you discount him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRqx1YgIBMw

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

BMJ (15th December 2016), Ewan (28th November 2016), Flowerpunkchip (9th January 2017), Lefty Dave (7th December 2016), Noelle (24th January 2017), ponda (7th December 2016), Satori (28th November 2016), Smell the Roses (28th November 2016), sunwings (7th December 2016), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

Evil has not consolidated on the left...this is just the rhetoric of the right ATM!!! From my perspective DNA the apple is just as rotten on the right side as the left, and it is a big mistake to think otherwise. Right now the democrats are in the hot seat... but please don't try to tell me like Bush and I would guess most of the right aligned elite are not involved in equally as shady, even horrific business. The left right thing is purely designed to polarize... to fragment, to separate and divide. The PTB laugh at those gullible enough to buy their story... they have always played beyond sides and know this is the key to success. If we are going to transcend their game the first step is to recognize where we allow ourselves to be polarized and work towards healing the divide as both sides have their share of good people and truth.

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Billy Vasiliadis (28th November 2016), ceetee9 (28th November 2016), DeDukshyn (15th December 2016), Deega (28th November 2016), Ewan (28th November 2016), lastlegs (8th December 2016), mountain_jim (7th December 2016), Pam (28th November 2016), ponda (7th December 2016), sherron44 (15th December 2016), TargeT (28th November 2016), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016), ulli (28th November 2016), Whiskey_Mystic (28th November 2016), wnlight (28th November 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

There has been, what appears to me, such a double standard from most, if not all, political groups and parties. Take for example the acts of violence we have seen during and after the election. We have seen it on the the so called left as well as the so called right. Notice how when someone who is deemed to be from the 'opposite' side of the spectrum does something violent it used to confirm that 'Yep, I knew it, I and my group are right and those who identify differently are wrong and violent, and I have been right to demonize them, phew, what a relief, nice to know I am on the right side of history". Yet, when someone who shares the same political identify does something violent or questionable, it is immediately some type of media conspiracy or there is some type of misunderstanding or justification for it. Or something along the lines of "well, there are bad apples on both sides of the spectrum" is said, which is fair enough, but that same charity and benefit of the doubt is not applied to the so called other group. Not to say that there isn't media bias and outright lies or conspiracy, but all I am saying is that it goes both ways.

I don't know what it is about the human brain, but we are so often determined to be right at all costs that we often become masters of selective perception and completely ignore or try to play down facts because they are inconvenient. No one can claim total purity of thought, intent or action during this election I would say, and I include myself in that estimation. Damn that little thing often called the ego :D. I think that I will be unplugging from the media for a little while and instead try to see everyone as the Creator and as ultimately good. Maybe that will help in making me feel less like we are living in Armageddon and everyone is a potential threat. Good times.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Billy Vasiliadis For This Post:

ceetee9 (28th November 2016), enfoldedblue (28th November 2016), Ewan (28th November 2016), ponda (7th December 2016), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016), ulli (28th November 2016), Whiskey_Mystic (28th November 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,952 times in 2,389 posts

Then the solution is to write our own pieces. A really clever one might begin looking like it was appealing to the readers current mindset, but with increasing ambiguity lead them full circle. A good way to wake people up would be to leave them staring at themselves.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Billy Vasiliadis (28th November 2016), gord (6th December 2016), Mike Gorman (19th January 2018), ponda (7th December 2016), TargeT (28th November 2016), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016)

17. Link to Post #9
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

If you define something as good or correct there will be an opposite which is bad or wrong. right there you have the polarity of good and bad: correct or wrong. If we are to leave the polarity altogether everything must be good or everything must be bad. And nothing will be disappointing.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

The Freedom Train (15th December 2016)

19. Link to Post #10
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    A good way to wake people up would be to leave them staring at themselves.
    And leave them staring at the truth which could be you, if you "become the change you wanted to see"
    Last edited by Hervé; 28th November 2016 at 13:49. Reason: Fixed the qoting.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Ewan (28th November 2016), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 times in 4,313 posts

Evil has not consolidated on the left...this is just the rhetoric of the right ATM!!! From my perspective DNA the apple is just as rotten on the right side as the left, and it is a big mistake to think otherwise. Right now the democrats are in the hot seat... but please don't try to tell me like Bush and I would guess most of the right aligned elite are not involved in equally as shady, even horrific business. The left right thing is purely designed to polarize... to fragment, to separate and divide. The PTB laugh at those gullible enough to buy their story... they have always played beyond sides and know this is the key to success. If we are going to transcend their game the first step is to recognize where we allow ourselves to be polarized and work towards healing the divide as both sides have their share of good people and truth.

No offense, but I just take it for granted that few words will suffice because I kind of assume folks here don't need a formal education on a topic such as this.

The Bush/Cheney regime brought us 9/11 and the blue print for a Mideast take over.
    The Obama regime promised change, change from what? Change from the previous administration is what most of us thought.
    But no, Obama increased drone bombing and has personally killed more people via this method than Bush/Cheney.
    Obama was supposed to get us out of the middle east, but no, he and the CIA brought about the "Arab Spring", which has been a nightmare, the Obama administration along with HRC launched missles on Kadafi and supported muslim extremists in over throwing Kadafi, mind you Libya had the highest standard of living of any African nation. That standard has taken a huge fall.
    HRC while Secretary of State took those weapons she gave to basically Libyan terrorists and then turned around and gave them to muslim extremists in Syria and Iraq, thus creating ISIS.
    And now thanks to these folks bombing and killing indiscriminately we have more refugees fleeing the Mideast, homeless than what was created in the second world war. Think about that.

So while Bush and Cheney may have been responsible for the inside job that was 9/11, and invading Iraq and Afghanistan, the Obama administration has followed those same blue prints.
    There is no democrat or Republican, they are both doing the same thing and it doesn't matter who you vote for.
    The so called alternative right would be the folks pointing this fact out. Pointing out the Neo-Cons and Demo-Cons if you will.
    The difference with Trump is that he appears to be an outsider who will buck the system and stop bombing folks with drones.
    He seems to want to do things that are in opposition of the previous 16 years of war and blood shed.
    My point here is this, you can call Trump what ever you want, he came in as a republican who is not blood thirsty.
    The fact the media hates him so much is again, in so far as I'm concerned a plus in regards to his being a wild card that make buck the trend of the previous administrations.

In so far as Bush and Obama are concerned, there was NO DIFFERENCE what so ever. NONE!!!!!
    The same people were pulling both of their strings.
    We are all hoping Trump does not cave to these pressures, we have yet to see, but for the first time in a long time there is at least hope.
    Last edited by DNA; 28th November 2016 at 13:11.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

ceetee9 (28th November 2016), Deega (28th November 2016), drneglector (28th November 2016), Ewan (28th November 2016), lastlegs (8th December 2016), skogvokter (15th December 2016), TargeT (28th November 2016), Ted (28th November 2016), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016)

23. Link to Post #12
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

You are on to something, DNA. But it is not simply Bush and Obama. It is the established Republican and Democrat party members that are destroying the USA. Right vs Left is a much larger illusion than simply in the presidency. Until Donald Trump won the election, I would say that the ballot box is broken. It seems that Trump has lobbed grenades into the two established political parties. But is that real or simply an illusions? Now I wait to see if Trump will become just another Right vs Left politician controlled by TPTB. The first clues are who Trump picks for cabinet members.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

ceetee9 (28th November 2016), TargeT (28th November 2016), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016)

25. Link to Post #13
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

My interview with former CBS star reporter: fake news

by Jon Rappoport Dec5, 2016

CBS is now publishing the names of sites they claim are fake news. Well, what about CBS itself?

Unless you’ve been living in a cave, you’re aware that a film, Vaxxed, has been showing in theaters across America and overseas—and audiences are stunned by its revelations.

Vaxxed exposes a huge scandal at the CDC, where a long-time researcher, William Thompson, confessed (2014) that he and colleagues committed gross fraud in a study of the MMR vaccine.

Thompson admitted the evidence showed the vaccine led to a higher risk of autism in children—but that finding was intentionally buried, and the vaccine was given a free pass.

Of course, mainstream reporters have been mercilessly attacking Vaxxed, and a segment of the population finds it impossible to believe that the CDC would ever commit this kind of fraud.

So, as a mind-changer, let me take you back to the late summer of 2009, and the Swine Flu epidemic, which was hyped to the sky by the CDC. The Agency was calling for all Americans to take the Swine Flu vaccine. Remember?

The problem was, the CDC was concealing another scandal.

At the time, star CBS investigative reporter, Sharyl Attkisson, was working on a Swine Flu story. She discovered that the CDC had secretly stopped counting cases of the illness—while, of course, continuing to warn Americans about its unchecked spread.

Understand that the CDC’s main job is counting cases and reporting the numbers.
    What was the Agency up to?

Here is an excerpt from my 2014 interview with Sharyl Attkisson:
    Rappoport: In 2009, you spearheaded coverage of the so-called Swine Flu pandemic. You discovered that, in the summer of 2009, the Centers for Disease Control, ignoring their federal mandate, [secretly] stopped counting Swine Flu cases in America. Yet they continued to stir up fear about the “pandemic,” without having any real measure of its impact. Wasn’t that another investigation of yours that was shut down? Wasn’t there more to find out?

Attkisson: The implications of the story were even worse than that. We discovered through our FOI efforts that before the CDC mysteriously stopped counting Swine Flu cases, they had learned that almost none of the cases they had counted as Swine Flu was, in fact, Swine Flu or any sort of flu at all! The interest in the story from one [CBS] executive was very enthusiastic. He said it was “the most original story” he’d seen on the whole Swine Flu epidemic. But others pushed to stop it [after it was published on the CBS News website] and, in the end, no [CBS television news] broadcast wanted to touch it. We aired numerous stories pumping up the idea of an epidemic, but not the one that would shed original, new light on all the hype. It was fair, accurate, legally approved and a heck of a story. With the CDC keeping the true Swine Flu stats secret, it meant that many in the public took and gave their children an experimental vaccine that may not have been necessary.

—end of interview excerpt—
    I’ll add a few details. It was routine for doctors all over America to send blood samples from patients they’d diagnosed with Swine Flu, or the “most likely” Swine Flu patients, to labs for testing. And overwhelmingly, those samples were coming back with the result: not Swine Flu, not any kind of flu.

That was the big secret. That’s what the CDC was hiding. That’s why they stopped reporting Swine Flu case numbers. That’s what Attkisson had discovered. That’s why she was shut down.

But it gets even worse.

Because about three weeks after Attkisson’s findings were published on the CBS News website, the CDC, obviously in a panic, decided to double down. If one lie is exposed, tell an even bigger one. A much bigger one.

Here, from a November 12, 2009, WebMD article is the CDC’s response: “Shockingly, 14 million to 34 million U.S. residents — the CDC’s best guess is 22 million — came down with H1N1 swine flu by Oct. 17 [2009].” (“22 million cases of Swine Flu in US,” by Daniel J. DeNoon).

Are your eyeballs popping? They should be.

In the summer of 2009, the CDC secretly stops counting Swine Flu cases in America, because the overwhelming percentage of lab tests from likely Swine Flu patients shows no sign of Swine Flu or any other kind of flu.

There is no Swine Flu epidemic.

Then, the CDC estimates there are 22 MILLION cases of Swine Flu in the US.

So…the premise that the CDC would never lie about important matters like, oh, a vaccine increasing the risk of autism…you can lay that one to rest.

The CDC will lie about anything it wants to. It will boldly go where no person interested in real science will go.

It will completely ignore its mandate to care about human health, and it will get away with it.

And CBS will conveniently forget how it aided and abetted the CDC, by censoring real news, and instead opted for egregious and titanic fake bull****.

Jon Rappoport
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Ewan (7th December 2016), ponda (7th December 2016), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016), Whiskey_Mystic (5th December 2016)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 times in 275 posts

I agree with you 100% enfoldeblue, and always appreciate your balanced approach. Please, since you do not see any articles that are untainted with the false left/right paradigm, please keep writing them yourself. I too need those kinds of articles to show friends who will reject anything that seems to be coming from the opposite pole.

On a related note, it is so disturbing to me when I read that people on this site think that Donald Trump somehow "bucked" the system and was able to overcome a powerful, deeply entrenched, likely centuries old, oligarchy, one that supposedly officially took over the country in 1963 by killing a sitting President in public view, one that was able to pull off 9-11 and deceive most of the world -- and still, 15 years later, has gotten away with it, thanks to a corrupt fourth estate. This group of people clearly have control over the electronic voting machines and would never agree to a "peaceful transfer of power" in the unlikely event that either of the two deeply divisive candidates offered were actually really chosen and not selected. It is all more illusion. There will be no "transfer of power," and it's distressing that those who should know better, who know we have been played over and over again, somehow think everything's different this time.

I don't care how much money DT has personally, or what he said during his campaign, his "power" is a drop in the bucket compared to what "they" have, and so unless he truly has some equally powerful faction of the Military/Corporate America behind him ready to fight back (unlikely) -- there is no way he has bucked the system and can drain any swamp. He is either a useful idiot or part of the system itself, helping to further divide everyone -- including those who think they know what's really going on, but some of whom now think that "real change" has finally happened. Change is happening all right -- but IMO, it was intended change, and will not be good for the majority of us 7 billion souls unless we all suddenly awake and say no more.

Sorry, but until I start seeing main stream media coverage and mass arrests of those behind 9-11, which will never happen because they are all still in power, DT is just more of the same. Just look at how the entire Podesta creepy coded email scandal is being easily managed -- a few "fake news" stories, some sympathy drummed up for the 49th most powerful man in DC pizza guy, a lone nut coming in with a rifle (sure it was) and you have all the MSM-reliant citizens shaking their heads at the violence-prone tinfoil hat wearers. Psychopathic power preserved, and any movement of rebellion easily marginalized, divided, and conquered.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to awakeningmom For This Post:

sherron44 (15th December 2016), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 times in 275 posts

Here's a good article by Glenn Greenwald about the propaganda campaign against a number of alternative media sites on both the right and the left.

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/26/...y-shady-group/

Unbelievable what is going on right now -- can't believe more people aren't seeing through this "fake news" onslaught.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to awakeningmom For This Post:

Cara (7th December 2016), Ewan (7th December 2016), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,530 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by awakeningmom (here)
    Here's a good article by Glenn Greenwald about the propaganda campaign against a number of alternative media sites on both the right and the left.

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/26/...y-shady-group/
    Yes. Part of this is worth quoting in full:

(This is a screenshot, so the links don't work)

Russian Propaganda Targets All Americans

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Bob (7th December 2016), Cara (7th December 2016), ceetee9 (15th December 2016), Ewan (7th December 2016), gord (7th December 2016), ponda (7th December 2016), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016)

33. Link to Post #17
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Paul Craig Roberts response:

Dear President Putin

By Paul Craig Roberts November 28, 2016

Valdimir Putin
    President of Russia
    Moscow
    28 November 2016

Dear President Putin,

Now that CIA agent Craig Timberg posing as a Washington Post reporter has blown my cover and exposed me as a Russian agent, I was wondering if I might ask you for a Russian passport and a bit of diplomatic cover, perhaps assistant press officer at the Russian embassy in Washington, until I can get out of the country. I saw that you gave a passport to Steven Seagal, so I am hopeful that being a Russian agent is as important as teaching martial arts to Russians.

I don’t know what the pay scale for Russian agents is, but whatever I have coming to me please deposit in a Russian bank. The Swiss banks are no longer useful as the Swiss government allowed Washington to write its banking laws. Perhaps also you could line me up with a publisher for my memoirs—“My Life As A Putin Stooge.”

We need to get on with this ASAP as the Washington Post has the FBI on my tail. They will be very angry at me for deceiving them all those years when I held top secret and higher security clearances while I was a Russian agent. Any day now the Washington Post might discover that my fellow KGB agent Ronald Reagan and I cut taxes on the rich in order to make capitalism so oppressive that the American people would rise up and overthrow it. Boy did we fool the left-wing!

I regret that the Washington Post got wise to me being a Russian agent, but it wasn’t my fault. I think the leak came from one of those Atlanticist Integrationists you are stuck with in your government. Better check up on it as 200 of the Russian financed websites have already been exposed.

Better have someone bring me the passport and diplomatic appointment. I would be nabbed by TSA if I fly to Washington to collect the documents. A diplomatic appointment is better than asylum, because Washington, like the old Soviet Union, doesn’t recognize political asylum. Just ask Julian Assange.

Don’t let the Atlanticist Integrationists convince you that my exposure as a Russian agent is just a CIA ruse to plant an agent on you. My criticism of Washington’s policy of raising tensions between nuclear powers and support of your policy of reducing tensions is not spy cover. I really do prefer that the world not be blown up in thermo-nuclear war. This is a suspect view in the US, but I hope it is an acceptable one in Russia.

Looking forward to that passport.

Paul Craig Roberts

====================================================

Those damn Russians:

Last edited by Hervé; 6th December 2016 at 22:30.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2016), Cara (7th December 2016), ceetee9 (15th December 2016), Ewan (7th December 2016), lastlegs (8th December 2016), Lefty Dave (7th December 2016), ponda (7th December 2016), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016), uzn (26th February 2017)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

James Corbett joins Dan Schultz of New Culture Radio to discuss the new Fake News and Russian propaganda memes by which the establishment is fighting back against the independent media. But as the independent media rises, can it resist the lure of power, or will it just be absorbed by the powers-that-shouldn’t-be? And what role does the public have to play in this?

"The power is within the viewers and listeners themselves"

mp3 link: https://www.corbettreport.com/mp3/20...%20Corbett.mp3
    Last edited by ponda; 7th December 2016 at 02:14.
    When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations,
    the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic ~
    Dresden James.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ponda For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th December 2016), ceetee9 (15th December 2016), Ewan (7th December 2016), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016)

37. Link to Post #19
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,697 times in 20,824 posts

~the mainstream media (msm) War on "Fake News" is all about censoring Real News & issues, thus controlling the narrative! ... Orwellian style "Thought Police" aka '1984 Ministry of Truth' bs.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

ceetee9 (15th December 2016), sheme (17th March 2017), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016)

39. Link to Post #20
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

The bigger the lie...

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

ceetee9 (15th December 2016), Chester (12th December 2016), The Freedom Train (15th December 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 11 15 LastLast