+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shilajit

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Shilajit

I've ordered some of this product, shilajit. It seems to do wonders on your body. It's an ancient product used in Ayurveda. Have you ever tried it? If so, what has been your experience?

Below, some interesting info from the provider's web:

http://authenticshilajit.com/real-shilajit-faq.html

What is Shilajit?
    Shilajit is an ancient herbal substance containing over 85 minerals and trace elements the human body needs to function optimally and fulvic acid which helps the body absorb these minerals at a cellular level. Shilajit has been consumed as a dietary supplement for thousands of years in Asia because of the many benefits it provides.

How is it made?
    Over Many millions of years, plants and organic matter were trapped by layers of rock in mountainous regions of India and Tibet. The pressure from the weight of the mountains and the extreme temperature changes causes the plants to be transformed into a rich mineral mass that flows out of the rocks. This is shilajit.

Are there different types?
    Yes!
    The purity and potency depends upon the location and altitude the Shilajit is harvested from, the purification techniques used and, most importantly, the quality of the shilajit.

Only the highest grade (Gold Grade) is considered to have all of the legendary properties one reads about. When any of the four grades of shilajit are purified the result will be a black tar like resin. In order to select the highest grade, one must first see the color and type of rock the shilajit is found in before it is purified. The most effective Shilajit comes from the highest points of the Himalayas, approximately 16,000 – 18,000 feet above sea-level. The highest grade is found in red/gold colored rock pictured.

How does it work?
    The minerals in shilajit are in ionic form, which means the body can more easily absorb and move them to areas where the minerals are needed for growth and maintenance of cells. In Ayurveda, gold grade shilajit is believed to be a rasayana or rejuvenation substance. It is thought to have the unique ability to bring the essence on any tissue system (dhatu). For example, the essence of muscle (mamsa) is to give shape, the essence of blood (rakta) is to bring life, and the essence of the marrow/nervous system (maja) is to bestow knowledge.

How do I take it?
    To consume, simply dissolve in hot, non chlorinated water, tea or warm milk and drink. Alternatively one can dissolve under the tongue or simply swallow a portion if the taste is too unpleasant.

Are there any contraindications?

Authentic Shilajit™ is very safe.
    There is very small trace amount of phenylalanine, an essential amino acid. All products containing phenylalanine are contraindicated in people who have been diagnosed with the genetic disorder PKU (phenylketonuria).
    Shilajit should not be mixed with chlorinated water. Fulvic and humic acids, when combined with chlorine, create dangerous chemical byproducts. Beware of other commercially available shilajit extracts and powders that may have been processed with chlorinated water.
    The standard supplement disclaimer applies: If you are pregnant or lactating or under a doctors care for any health condition you should consult with your physician before taking this or any other supplement.

How is shilajit used for Rasayana (rejuvenation)?

Shilajit stimulates the growth process of skin cells at a molecular level. It improves the blood’s ability to carry oxygen and iron. These properties of shilajit give people a healthy appearance and youthful glow. Likewise, Shilajit’s minerals help to maintain the body’s optimum energy metabolism rate which naturally slows down with age. This is achieved partly through balancing electrolyte levels, and by burning off excess fat. Ayurveda practitioners tout its ability to balance hormone levels that change and cause stress as we age.

How is Shilajit used for health and wellness?

A great many health issues can be traced to mineral or nutrient deficiencies. Intensive chemical farming (through pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, etc) and irrigation have removed natural minerals and beneficial microbes from our agricultural land and the plants grown on it. Shilajit contains many of the vital minerals and trace elements needed for energy reactions in our cells and the growth of new cells and high percentages of fulvic acid to help transport these mineral molecules deep into the body.

Are there any other benefits?
    Yes – trace minerals and fulvic acid in Shilajit act as catalysts for vitamin absorption within cells, with subsequent health benefits.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 9th December 2016 at 17:53. Reason: added the source link
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle (Plato)

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Unicorn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th December 2016), conk (15th December 2016), enigma3 (30th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th December 2016), gaiagirl (11th December 2016), Gillian (9th December 2016), Inversion (9th December 2016), jjjones (10th December 2016), Morbid (9th December 2016), peggy englebrake (11th December 2016), ponda (9th December 2016), raregem (9th December 2016), TEOTWAIKI (10th December 2016), toppy (9th December 2016), wondering (9th December 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Shilajit

Dr Jennifer Daniles has a monthly show on http://oneradionetwork.com/all-shows...er-27-2016/THE MORNING SHOW
    with
    Patrick Timpone and among other topics mentions this mineral complex.

Shilajit
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pure-Altai-S...item1c64155ec9

https://www.amazon.com/P%C3%9CRBLACK...black+shilajit

She speaks about Shilajit as a mineral supplement in support of health, The references added to the show are by the host Patrick Timbone. Dr Daniels actually was saying that the source she is investigating comes from Russia (no info on that source)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fourty-two For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (9th December 2016), raregem (9th December 2016), Unicorn (9th December 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

She must be investigating the one from Altai mountains. Oriveda is another good brand that trades this one from Altai. This time I've chosen the one from Himalaya because many users have reported some spiritual or subtle effects, too.

http://www.oriveda.com/mumijo.php
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle (Plato)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unicorn For This Post:

fourty-two (9th December 2016), gaiagirl (11th December 2016), raregem (9th December 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 times in 534 posts

I blend it with a natural vitamin c that I make from Lemons which increases the bodies ability to absorb the shilijit. You need to take it over a sustained period of time to gain the most benefit. From my point of view it is a general health optimiser. Hard to describe specifically but evidence wise all my liver functions have come into line over a 2 month period ... I had bloods done before starting to use.. so I could see any changes... bloods done were LFT, FBC , electrolytes, cholesterol.

I take it first thing in the morning every day in capsule form (I put it in capsules myself) 1000mg which is actually 500mg shilijit and 500mg Natural Vitamin C

Hope this helps
    Last edited by phillipbbg; 10th December 2016 at 03:46.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phillipbbg For This Post:

fourty-two (10th December 2016), gaiagirl (11th December 2016), raregem (9th December 2016), Unicorn (9th December 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 times in 321 posts

yes we do one month course once a year before flu season. just mix a bit with warm water and drink up first thing in the morning. go a good deal from this guy in altai: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/altay_heal...1&_ipg=&_from=

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morbid For This Post:

gaiagirl (11th December 2016), Unicorn (9th December 2016)

+ Reply to Thread