Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1859

Thread: Trump is NOT the answer

1. Link to Post #1121
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Default Re: Trump is NOT the answer

Autumn

It was reported on one news network and on fox. Look it up.

And it is with great pleasure that I leave a thread started by perhaps one of the rudest people I’ve encountered. You started a thread- if you want an echo chamber, turn to a co-worker at the troll farm and have your feathers stroked.
    “The World is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”
    Albert Einstein

2. Link to Post #1122
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I fully get that a change is needed, and someone "outside" of the establishment is required to Fight the Power.

I have just never understood why Trump was the person elected to do this.

The man to me has no decourum, and as such I feel has been hard for the rest of the world to take seriously in any way, regardless of the message.

I am not a US voter and have no say in the matter. If this was concerning the premier of a smaller country that had minimal sway on the rest of the world, then prolly no great shakes - however, the USA is the worlds largest imperial aggressor with military bases all over the world, so it does matter globally who is running that.

There must be something to him for people in the USA. A lot of people voted for him. Back then, and now. But surely there must have been someone with some gravitas. I just dont get that Trump was the best option.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to safara For This Post:

AutumnW (9th November 2020), gord (9th November 2020), Wind (9th November 2020)

4. Link to Post #1123
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Hey, where's Target to point out the one brown person in the PILF to render the above post meaningless? Come on Target, I know you're out there.
    brown person? does that matter?
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (9th November 2020), gord (9th November 2020), iota (9th November 2020)

6. Link to Post #1124
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Purple Llama,

Looks like AOC is saying those around Trump, the sycophants, will be deleting some of their pics and tweets, now that he is no longer in power. The use of the word, 'sycophants' indicates close association, not the general public and nowhere does it say, these people will be denied jobs in the future.
    At first blush I also associated AOC's tweet with the Trump Accountability Project, but upon further inspection it does indeed look as if she's just telling people to get screen grabs before they possibly start disappearing.

I don't see, and can't find, any clear connection between the two.

7. Link to Post #1125
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    Quote Posted by AriG (here)
    I am going to say this as diplomatically as I can- actions speak louder than words.

In the current culture cancel climate wherein AOC is forming a McCarthy style coalition to dox anyone who supported Trump and deny them access to employment, it is my opinion that the focus should not be on lecturing the President, or members of this forum for their support of him or focusing on his style rather than what he has and will accomplish (primarily keeping us out of the great reset).

Regarding his “honesty”, it has been reported that there were numerous attempts on his life prior to his innaguration, the biased media has disavowed and censored him and the entire corrupt system has rigged the election. I’d be mad as hell if I were he and probably would understand that the only way to get attention would be through blatant speech and honesty. I’d much rather have that than this brain dead sock puppet Biden, who has already announced his intentions just this morning, to undo Trumps work against the NWO. But hey, he said he was going to screw us politely with a smile on his face!
    In the current culture cancel climate wherein AOC is forming a McCarthy style coalition to dox anyone who supported Trump and deny them access to employment, it is my opinion that the focus should not be on lecturing the President, or members of this forum for their support of him or focusing on his style rather than what he has and will accomplish (primarily keeping us out of the great reset).

Factually incorrect. Please JUST STOP.
    it certainly seems to be the case,

or is 'creating lists' to "hold people accountable" not exactly that?

Don't they already have a website that plots the location of every RNC donator... basically Doxxing & threatening, there's no other reason for a geocoded list of political donors....

I am confused how this can be seen in any type of good light.

Also, is there comparable doxing by republicans of similar status?

When you talk about evil bad people that Trump is calling out, exactly who do you mean? Just a few examples will suffice. If this is a Qanon scripted remark, where Hillary is involved in pedophile rings etc...human sacrifice and yadayadayada, back it up. And I mean solidly -- back it up.
    Hunter
    Biden
    LAPTOP
    Last edited by TargeT; 9th November 2020 at 20:59.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

PurpleLama (9th November 2020)

9. Link to Post #1126
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

The U.S. is a pro-war two party duopoly whose manufacturing base is almost exclusively related to the military. Biden is almost as bad as Trump. But...and it's a big but, he will make peace with Iran. If you look at the situation that was being created in the Middle East, just prior to the election, Netanyahu and Jared Kushner formed non aggression pacts between Israel and countries surrounding Iran. This, after initiating sanctions to weaken Iran.

Why was Iran not included in these efforts? Because they were designed to bring on a huge conflagration against Iran. It's not so much what Trump has done, it is what he and Israeli radical government had plans for...in his second term. The Christo-fascists surrounding Trump didn't go all hell bent for leather in his first term because Trump wanted to be reelected and they needed four years to build up their weaponry.

You have no idea the bullet that has been dodged with a Biden victory. Sure, Biden will rattle sabres at Russia, and won't challenge the military industrial complex, but he is not in the pocket of the lunatic Christian element that cloaks itself in the glory of Christ in an age where run away conflicts have a chance of going nuclear.

This is my opinion. I have circumstantial evidence to back it and that is all.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

safara (9th November 2020)

11. Link to Post #1127
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 times in 183 posts

Quote Posted by ClearWater (here)
    Hypothetically, if you knew that a person/people were despicable, hateful, evil lawbreakers who espoused the opposite of everything they believe and actually do, and if you saw them blatantly deceiving those you care about, would you talk about them respectfully? Would you treat them with the respect that others may interpret them as deserving, even when you know they are liars and imposters? Or would you call them out?

I'm not saying this is 100% the case with those Trump has talked poorly about, but I do think it's what he believes of them. If history were to prove beyond doubt that the people he speaks badly of are actually bad people, what would we think of him if he had treated them 'nicely'? Again, not saying this is the reality, just trying to offer another perspective for consideration.
    When you talk about evil bad people that Trump is calling out, exactly who do you mean? Just a few examples will suffice. If this is a Qanon scripted remark, where Hillary is involved in pedophile rings etc...human sacrifice and yadayadayada, back it up. And I mean solidly -- back it up.
    It looks like the point of my post has been missed. I have not and will not accuse anyone of being evil or bad without being completely sure that they are.

I posed a hypothetical to point out the fact that our impressions of how any person speaks to any other person are dependent upon our perception of both persons. And further, that we very often don't really know how accurate our perceptions are.
    "Be a Light to Yourself" ~ J. Krishnamurti

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ClearWater For This Post:

TargeT (9th November 2020)

13. Link to Post #1128
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Added also to my post above, "not just what's best for the nation....but how any future employers...."

Y'all might not see what AOC is laying down, but Tapper sure does.

14. Link to Post #1129
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    I am going to say this as diplomatically as I can- actions speak louder than words.

Regarding his “honesty”, it has been reported that there were numerous attempts on his life prior to his innaguration, the biased media has disavowed and censored him and the entire corrupt system has rigged the election. I’d be mad as hell if I were he and probably would understand that the only way to get attention would be through blatant speech and honesty. I’d much rather have that than this brain dead sock puppet Biden, who has already announced his intentions just this morning, to undo Trumps work against the NWO. But hey, he said he was going to screw us politely with a smile on his face!

Factually incorrect. Please JUST STOP.
    it certainly seems to be the case,

or is 'creating lists' to "hold people accountable" not exactly that?

Don't they already have a website that plots the location of every RNC donator... basically Doxxing & threatening, there's no other reason for a geocoded list of political donors....

I am confused how this can be seen in any type of good light.

Also, is there comparable doxing by republicans of similar status?

Hunter
    Biden
    LAPTOP
    I don't trust Fox news, Target. And as far as Hunter Biden's laptop goes, I would just love to see Ivanka and Jared's laptops. Do I think Biden and his family are wonderful people? No. I am looking at it geo-politically and trying to figure out what the least worst result for the American people will be.

As I am Canadian, I am also interested in Biden's America first trade policy. It looks like the Dems have learned they have to support their original working class base. Big of them! They should never have left them in the first place, to become the elitist boneheads they became. As a Canadian, I hope it doesn't hurt us, trade wise. As we provide mainly raw materials, and Americans do the manufacturing, the relationship should be symbiotic.

Anyway, my opinions, for what they are worth.

15. Link to Post #1130
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Added also to my post above, "not just what's best for the nation....but how any future employers...."

Again, he is likely talking about those in Trump's immediate sphere. And yes, if they publicly encourage civil unrest during a transfer of power, future employers may not hire them. No surprise there.

16. Link to Post #1131
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Again, he is likely talking about those in Trump's immediate sphere. And yes, if they publicly encourage civil unrest during a transfer of power, future employers may not hire them. No surprise there.
    I disagree, sycophants can very much be the same as supporters in this context. It is ironic to see you invoke the spectre of civil unrest, as that encouragement has come solidly from the left, in the USA, this year. Historically, we have taken a very dim view of punishing people for their political stances in this country, and it shows mental sickness, in my opinion, that people hate Trump so much that they would wish such ill on his political supporters.

17. Link to Post #1132
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hypothetically, if you knew that a person/people were despicable, hateful, evil lawbreakers who espoused the opposite of everything they believe and actually do, and if you saw them blatantly deceiving those you care about, would you talk about them respectfully? Would you treat them with the respect that others may interpret them as deserving, even when you know they are liars and imposters? Or would you call them out?

I'm not saying this is 100% the case with those Trump has talked poorly about, but I do think it's what he believes of them. If history were to prove beyond doubt that the people he speaks badly of are actually bad people, what would we think of him if he had treated them 'nicely'? Again, not saying this is the reality, just trying to offer another perspective for consideration.
    It looks like the point of my post has been missed. I have not and will not accuse anyone of being evil or bad without being completely sure that they are.

I posed a hypothetical to point out the fact that our impressions of how any person speaks to any other person are dependent upon our perception of both persons. And further, that we very often don't really know how accurate our perceptions are.
    Sorry Clearwater, I misinterpreted you. And I do agree with your hypothetical argument. I don't think it applies to Trump but that is purely a matter of opinion. Peace

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

ClearWater (9th November 2020)

19. Link to Post #1133
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I disagree, sycophants can very much be the same as supporters in this context. It is ironic to see you invoke the spectre of civil unrest, as that encouragement has come solidly from the left, in the USA, this year. Historically, we have taken a very dim view of punishing people for their political stances in this country, and it shows mental sickness, in my opinion, that people hate Trump so much that they would wish such ill on his political supporters.
    Think about that for a little bit. If you were a politician hoping for as many votes as possible from both sides, would you make that kind of comment? Of course not. It makes no sense. A sycophant is someone within somebody's circle. Your interpretation only works if you consider Trump's base a kind of cult whose members are within his 'circle.'

Miriam Webster definition:

a servile self-seeking flatterer

Used in a sentence, Miriam Webster:

And swirling all around were coteries of agents, managers, execs, and moneymen; publicists and journalists, gawkers and sycophants.

20. Link to Post #1134
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

One of the people I watch every now and then on YouTube went down that road as well, stating something along the lines of "these people don't deserve to work any more", and I found it deeply disturbing that this idea is starting to gain traction. This is scary s##t!

However, I still don't see any clear connection between AOC's tweet and the Trump Accountability Project. Perhaps she is involved with it, and is just being coy, but I simply don't see her actually saying it.

Now also, to me anyway, Tapper is not threatening future employment the way the TAP is either. It rather looks to me that he's talking about right now, if people are tweeting about standing in the way of a peaceful transfer of power that future employers may well see it and frown upon that.

Not that I approve, but there again I think it's a stretch to infer that he's talking about being part of purposely ruining people's lives through cancel culture. Just like AOC's tweet I may be wrong, maybe he's just playing footsy with that lynch mob mentality as well, but until I actually see them saying it I'm not going to hang 'em high from the other direction.

21. Link to Post #1135
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The U.S. is a pro-war two party duopoly whose manufacturing base is almost exclusively related to the military. Biden is almost as bad as Trump. But...and it's a big but, he will make peace with Iran. If you look at the situation that was being created in the Middle East, just prior to the election, Netanyahu and Jared Kushner formed non aggression pacts between Israel and countries surrounding Iran. This, after initiating sanctions to weaken Iran.
    I’m an Iranian and Iran will never make peace with Biden.
    Iran is stuck and can’t go back on his picture of an American opposing regime of 42 years and Biden can do nothing. They need a very big or out of context excuse like too many sanctions or just the simple fact that Trump is an exception within americas politics who we could maybe come to a personal peace deal with while still maintaining the opposition stance. With Trump there is hope for us but with Biden I am sure every thing will be as bad as it is for 4 more consecutive years. The more Trump is shunned and censored within America the more the possibility of Iran getting along with him in his second term because they won’t see him in the same group as recently previous presidents.

Oh and I should add that Trump is doing a sacrifice as he is going to implement more sanctions on Iran within the coming two months and Iran will be pressured to deal and if he doesn’t win the presidency all of it will be written on behalf of Biden as he will be the president at the time there comes a peace deal.
    Last edited by carnavas; 9th November 2020 at 22:12.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carnavas For This Post:

AutumnW (9th November 2020), Elainie (9th November 2020), Kryztian (10th November 2020), T Smith (10th November 2020)

23. Link to Post #1136
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Autumn

ye
    And it is with great pleasure that I leave a thread started by perhaps one of the rudest people I’ve encountered. You started a thread- if you want an echo chamber, turn to a co-worker at the troll farm and have your feathers stroked.
    Sorry you're leaving my 'echo chamber' thread. Goodbye
    Last edited by AutumnW; 9th November 2020 at 21:47.

24. Link to Post #1137
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by carnavas (here)
    I’m an Iranian and Iran will never make peace with biden.
    Iran is stuck and can’t go back on his picture of an American opposing regime of 42 years and biden can do nothing. They need a very big or out of context excuse like too many sanctions or just the simple fact that Trump is an exception within americas politics who we could maybe come to a personal peace deal with while still maintaining the opposition stance. With trump there is hope for us but with biden I am sure every thing will be as bad it is for 4 more consecutive years. The more Trump is shunned and censored within Amercia the more the possibility of Iran getting along with him in his second term because they won’t see him in the same group as recently previous presidents.
    You weren't worried about war on you and your people, by a super power? Sure Iran needs change, but bombing them back to the Middle Ages isn't the way to go about it.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

carnavas (9th November 2020)

26. Link to Post #1138
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Just popped back in one final comment. LOL Autumn W is a Canadian. News flash- we don’t want foreign entities interfering in our election by posing on line as a legitimate source. If they (Canada) had their way, Biden would be elected and we would all be forced into A Trudeau style lockdown that not only includes mandatory lockdowns , but wearing masks while in blackface. $1600 fines for going to a park. Yep, that’s what we American patriots want. Canadians butting in to our affairs! I haven’t laughed this hard in a very long time. In the famous words of South Park @blame Canada” god help us.
    “The World is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”
    Albert Einstein

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Elainie (9th November 2020), PurpleLama (9th November 2020), TargeT (9th November 2020)

28. Link to Post #1139
    Thanks

Biden is already signaling for extreme lockouts

Biden actually seems worse now that he's saying he won

Autumn

ye
    Sorry you're leaving my 'echo chamber' thread. Goodbye
    The echo seems a bit underwhelming
    Last edited by TargeT; 9th November 2020 at 22:02.
    Where are you?

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

PurpleLama (9th November 2020), T Smith (10th November 2020)

30. Link to Post #1140
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)

One of the people I watch every now and then on YouTube went down that road as well, stating something along the lines of "these people don't deserve to work any more", and I found it deeply disturbing that this idea is starting to gain traction. This is scary s##t!

However, I still don't see any clear connection between AOC's tweet and the Trump Accountability Project. Perhaps she is involved with it, and is just being coy, but I simply don't see her actually saying it.

Now also, to me anyway, Tapper is not threatening future employment the way the TAP is either. It rather looks to me that he's talking about right now, if people are tweeting about standing in the way of a peaceful transfer of power that future employers may well see it and frown upon that.

Not that I approve, but there again I think it's a stretch to infer that he's talking about being part of purposely ruining people's lives through cancel culture. Just like AOC's tweet I may be wrong, maybe he's just playing footsy with that lynch mob mentality as well, but until I actually see them saying it I'm not going to hang 'em high from the other direction.
    I just read a blip from the pro-republican Washington Times about Trump loyalists being expunged from Washington. Am unclear what that means. Does it mean people in purely bureaucratic positions will lose their jobs, even if they have nothing to do with fomenting some kind of right wing coup? I find this highly unlikely. Anyone suggesting this be done has a screw loose, plus the idea, if carried out would set a dangerous precedent.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (9th November 2020), ClearWater (9th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 93 FirstFirst 1 7 47 57 67 93 LastLast