Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1837

Thread: Trump is NOT the answer

1. Link to Post #1141
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Trump is NOT the answer

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)

You weren't worried about war on you and your people, by a super power? Sure Iran needs change, but bombing them back to the Middle Ages isn't the way to go about it.
    Trump sure had some very bad advisor regarding Iran that led to some bad adversaries but he is no war monger while Obama was the one who brought war just behind our doors.

Just think about why the terrorist attacks went down across the whole globe in Trump’s term esp with Daesh. (And how suspicious that just before the elections they somehow pop out somewhere like Afghanistan and attacks in France)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carnavas For This Post:

AutumnW (9th November 2020), Elainie (9th November 2020), PurpleLama (9th November 2020), Soda (10th November 2020)

3. Link to Post #1142
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by AriG (here)
    Just popped back in one final comment. LOL Autumn W is a Canadian. News flash- we don’t want foreign entities interfering in our election by posing on line as a legitimate source. If they (Canada) had their way, Biden would be elected and we would all be forced into A Trudeau style lockdown that not only includes mandatory lockdowns , but wearing masks while in blackface. $1600 fines for going to a park. Yep, that’s what we American patriots want. Canadians butting in to our affairs! I haven’t laughed this hard in a very long time. In the famous words of South Park @blame Canada” god help us.
    I have no desire to fight with you, Ari, so calm down.

Everything you have written above is either a gross exaggeration or completely incorrect. Trump is my president too, unfortunately. We are within the American sphere but we can't vote. At the same time, we have to follow the dictates of the president. If not, we will pay dearly.

We have no lockdowns currently. If cases explode we will have to do something like that, I suppose.
    Last edited by AutumnW; 9th November 2020 at 22:26.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (9th November 2020)

5. Link to Post #1143
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by carnavas (here)

You weren't worried about war on you and your people, by a super power? Sure Iran needs change, but bombing them back to the Middle Ages isn't the way to go about it.
    Trump sure had some very bad advisor regarding Iran that led to some bad adversaries but he is no war monger while Obama was the one who brought war just behind our doors.

Just think about why the terrorist attacks went down across the whole globe in Trump’s term esp with Daesh. (And how suspicious that just before the elections they somehow pop out somewhere like Afghanistan and attacks in France)
    Carnavas, Imho, Trump is a war monger. He is clearly aligned with Israel's Netanyahu and appears to be doing his bidding. Sheldon Addelson bankrolled Trump's campaign.

Adelson’s warmongering pro-Israel views are no secret; he has even called for “an atomic weapon” to be fired at Iran. If a mega-donor connected to say, Big Pharma, broke with Trump, the Times would surely connect the dots. But somehow the Israel factor goes unreported.

https://mondoweiss.net/2020/08/trump...mideast-peace/

Oh, I stand corrected. As it turns out, Adelson's refusal to give more to Trump's campaign, last summer, caused a breach. As such, Trump may not have bombed Iran after all. Big of him. He's really on moral high ground there!

My best wishes to you, Carnavas. I hope things improve in the Middle East soon.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

carnavas (10th November 2020)

7. Link to Post #1144
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,539 times in 32,788 posts

Mod note from Bill:

I've just moved several posts from the Biden Declared Winner thread that I think more properly belong here.

What I would want to point out as another reminder, to avoid more unpleasant mudfighting, is that there's an easy way to ignore members who you might find irritating right now — whoever you are, and whatever your political values may be. Please see this thread:
    And copied below is the post I made there a couple days ago. There are several interesting replies to that which follow, as well.

~~~
    I'm drawing attention again to this thread because at a time when many people's emotions may be running a little high, some members are sure to be posting some things that may irk others.

The common factor is that many people are feeling a need to express themselves — whatever it is that they want to express. And that's 100% fine. It has to be.

So to avoid being irked by someone, it may well be easiest, kindest, and leave less mud on the walls NOT to get into firefights with anyone whose posts feel upsetting — but simply to ignore them.

This thread explains how to do that, and it's very very simple. The irksome people, whoever they may be for you, will just [almost!] vanish. Not from everyone else's view... but just from yours.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

carnavas (11th November 2020), Chris Gilbert (9th November 2020), kudzy (10th November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2020), RunningDeer (9th November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (9th November 2020), Tintin (9th November 2020), Yoda (9th November 2020)

9. Link to Post #1145
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Just popped back in one final comment. LOL Autumn W is a Canadian. News flash- we don’t want foreign entities interfering in our election by posing on line as a legitimate source. If they (Canada) had their way, Biden would be elected and we would all be forced into A Trudeau style lockdown that not only includes mandatory lockdowns , but wearing masks while in blackface. $1600 fines for going to a park. Yep, that’s what we American patriots want. Canadians butting in to our affairs! I haven’t laughed this hard in a very long time. In the famous words of South Park @blame Canada” god help us.

Everything you have written above is either a gross exaggeration or completely incorrect. Trump is my president too, unfortunately. We are within the American sphere but we can't vote. At the same time, we have to follow the dictates of the president. If not, we will pay dearly.

We have no lockdowns currently. If cases explode we will have to do something like that, I suppose.
    Autumn,

You have told me to “stop” and “calm down” after I made a very rational post. That is incredibly condescending and unconstrutive. I think that you need to examine your agenda and the manner in which you treat people who contribute to “your thread”.

What you could have done is ask for clarification and links. What you did was say “just stop”. Now you chant “calm down”. I am not emotionally hijacked. I am amused and a bit insulted. I presumed that all of these great awakened ones here would have already heard the news about AOC’s witch hunt. Maybe I should not have presumed.

I also didn’t link as quite honestly? Most posts on this forum are way too heavy with links and lacking in personal insight. Just repeating. And a large number of posts aren’t post but rather a thesis. Not conversational at all. And, ironically, you are asking for concrete evidence in a site where gosh, 50% of the content cannot provide concrete evidence.

So I would suggest that if you don’t want a fight, don’t pick one by insulting posters with “just stop” and “calm down”. It’s lazy and condescending. And insulting!

And if Canada feels that it is being ruled by the US? I would recommend growing a backbone and establish yourselves as a sovereign nation, although no one there seems to understand that concept given your current head of state. Mother of a pedo and promoter of pedophelia. Just thoughts. Maybe you could use a PM a bit more like Trump
    “The World is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”
    Albert Einstein

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Kamikaze (10th November 2020), wondering (10th November 2020)

11. Link to Post #1146
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Mod note from Bill:

I've just moved several posts from the Biden Declared Winner thread that I think more properly belong here.

What I would want to point out as another reminder, to avoid more unpleasant mudfighting, is that there's an easy way to ignore members who you might find irritating right now — whoever you are, and whatever your political values may be. Please see this thread:
    And copied below is the post I made there a couple days ago. There are several interesting replies to that which follow, as well.

~~~
    I'm drawing attention again to this thread because at a time when many people's emotions may be running a little high, some members are sure to be posting some things that may irk others.

The common factor is that many people are feeling a need to express themselves — whatever it is that they want to express. And that's 100% fine. It has to be.

So to avoid being irked by someone, it may well be easiest, kindest, and leave less mud on the walls NOT to get into firefights with anyone whose posts feel upsetting — but simply to ignore them.

This thread explains how to do that, and it's very very simple. The irksome people, whoever they may be for you, will just [almost!] vanish. Not from everyone else's view... but just from yours.

Bill, I have a lot of respect for you, but do you really want to be the Alternative Media version of YouTube? Discourse isn’t always pretty and sometimes, it is incredibly productive to be “irked”. Step out of the comfort zone and all.

I really do love you Bill, but in a world where voices and insights are sanitized or disappeared, I find this very disturbing coming from a truth seeker. Also very worried that your very valuable site might start to be perceived as a pressure release valve rather than the very informative source of alternative information that it is.

Pains me to even bring it up, but I have to

With much love and respect,

Ari
    “The World is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”
    Albert Einstein

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Savannah (9th November 2020), Tintin (9th November 2020), wondering (10th November 2020)

13. Link to Post #1147
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)

Added also to my post above, "not just what's best for the nation....but how any future employers...."

Y'all might not see what AOC is laying down, but Tapper sure does.
    One of the people I watch every now and then on YouTube went down that road as well, stating something along the lines of "these people don't deserve to work any more", and I found it deeply disturbing that this idea is starting to gain traction. This is scary s##t!

However, I still don't see any clear connection between AOC's tweet and the Trump Accountability Project. Perhaps she is involved with it, and is just being coy, but I simply don't see her actually saying it.

Now also, to me anyway, Tapper is not threatening future employment the way the TAP is either. It rather looks to me that he's talking about right now, if people are tweeting about standing in the way of a peaceful transfer of power that future employers may well see it and frown upon that.

Not that I approve, but there again I think it's a stretch to infer that he's talking about being part of purposely ruining people's lives through cancel culture. Just like AOC's tweet I may be wrong, maybe he's just playing footsy with that lynch mob mentality as well, but until I actually see them saying it I'm not going to hang 'em high from the other direction.
    It might be that you are exactly correct, and I sincerely hope you are. But, at the same time, it is not too much of a stretch to see a pattern forming, and given the stakes I think it is worth being a little snake eyed.

The totalitarian tiptoe can go a lot of different ways, and I stand by the assertion that the hatred of Trump reaches the level of mental illness with so many who are unfortunately so programmed.

In all this I am not concerned for myself, as I am not much of a Trump supporter, and I am not concerned for him, as he got himself into this, but there are a lot of good and well meaning people who love him because they believe he is honestly trying to do the best (as he sees it) for this country and I worry what may come if a trend actually develops from the dots we are seeing laid out, ripe for connection.

And Autumn, I find it hard to believe that you have never seen the word sycophant used as a pejorative when describing a supporter of something you don't like. But, this is not the first time I thought you were being disengenuous, either.

14. Link to Post #1148
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,539 times in 32,788 posts

Mod note from Bill:

~~~

Bill, I have a lot of respect for you, but do you really want to be the Alternative Media version of YouTube? Discourse isn’t always pretty and sometimes, it is incredibly productive to be “irked”. Step out of the comfort zone and all.

I really do love you Bill, but in a world where voices and insights are sanitized or disappeared, I find this very disturbing coming from a truth seeker. Also very worried that your very valuable site might start to be perceived as a pressure release valve rather than the very informative source of alternative information that it is.

Ari
    Ari, it's a member's own choice. Nothing we're imposing. YouTube autocratically silences voices whether one likes it or not.

It's all part of sovereign freedom to be able to walk out of a room and not listen to someone any more. We're just letting people know there's a door there.

(That's a VERY poor, imperfect analogy, but you may get the point!)

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (10th November 2020), Ami (10th November 2020), anandacate (10th November 2020), AriG (9th November 2020), Chris Gilbert (9th November 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (10th November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2020), pueblo (10th November 2020), Savannah (9th November 2020), TargeT (9th November 2020), Yoda (10th November 2020)

16. Link to Post #1149
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Mod note from Bill:

~~~

Ari
    Ari, it's a member's own choice. Nothing we're imposing. YouTube autocratically silences voices whether one likes it or not.

It's all part of sovereign freedom to be able to walk out of a room and not listen to someone any more. We're just letting people know there's a door there.

Yes but, if members here are emotionally incapable of just not reading a post without a filter? They need to get off the computer and get some sunshine. Lol
    Albert Einstein

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

ClearWater (10th November 2020), pueblo (10th November 2020), PurpleLama (10th November 2020)

18. Link to Post #1150
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Autumn,

You have told me to “stop” and “calm down” after I made a very rational post. That is incredibly condescending and unconstrutive. I think that you need to examine your agenda and the manner in which you treat people who contribute to “your thread”.

What you could have done is ask for clarification and links. What you did was say “just stop”. Now you chant “calm down”. I am not emotionally hijacked. I am amused and a bit insulted. I presumed that all of these great awakened ones here would have already heard the news about AOC’s witch hunt. Maybe I should not have presumed.

I also didn’t link as quite honestly? Most posts on this forum are way too heavy with links and lacking in personal insight. Just repeating. And a large number of posts aren’t post but rather a thesis. Not conversational at all. And, ironically, you are asking for concrete evidence in a site where gosh, 50% of the content cannot provide concrete evidence.

So I would suggest that if you don’t want a fight, don’t pick one by insulting posters with “just stop” and “calm down”. It’s lazy and condescending. And insulting!

And if Canada feels that it is being ruled by the US? I would recommend growing a backbone and establish yourselves as a sovereign nation, although no one there seems to understand that concept given your current head of state. Mother of a pedo and promoter of pedophelia. Just thoughts. Maybe you could use a PM a bit more like Trump
    Ari, I suggest you reread Bill's post and put me on ignore. I had some confidence that you would be able to contain yourself but by the looks of your post above, the penchant for high drama over substance is clear. I am sorry if you felt insulted though. That was never my intent.

19. Link to Post #1151
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Autumn,

Ari, I suggest you reread Bill's post and put me on ignore. I had some confidence that you would be able to contain yourself but by the looks of your post above, the penchant for high drama over substance is clear. I am sorry if you felt insulted though. That was never my intent.
    Where exactly is the “substance” in “just stop” and “calm down” - you, dear autumn, are the one promoting high drama. I am perfectly self contained. Always have been (ok, there was tha one time )

I think that you don’t like being challenged. And you have no sense of irony and no sense of humor (ref. My Canada post).

The reality here is that you want to control the content of your thread. But funny enough? You cannot. That is the whole point of a forum. Dissenting voices are equal to authoritarian voices.

Keep going, attempt to belittle and discredit people with whom you disagree. George Orwell ( Eric Arthur Blair) would call you in from central casting.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Popcorn anyone ? 😂
    Albert Einstein

20. Link to Post #1152
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

Mod note from Bill:

~~~

Ari

Actually I thought that was Brilliant. Thank you Bill, I'm walking out now

21. Link to Post #1153
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Added also to my post above, "not just what's best for the nation....but how any future employers...."

One of the people I watch every now and then on YouTube went down that road as well, stating something along the lines of "these people don't deserve to work any more", and I found it deeply disturbing that this idea is starting to gain traction. This is scary s##t!

However, I still don't see any clear connection between AOC's tweet and the Trump Accountability Project. Perhaps she is involved with it, and is just being coy, but I simply don't see her actually saying it.

Now also, to me anyway, Tapper is not threatening future employment the way the TAP is either. It rather looks to me that he's talking about right now, if people are tweeting about standing in the way of a peaceful transfer of power that future employers may well see it and frown upon that.

Not that I approve, but there again I think it's a stretch to infer that he's talking about being part of purposely ruining people's lives through cancel culture. Just like AOC's tweet I may be wrong, maybe he's just playing footsy with that lynch mob mentality as well, but until I actually see them saying it I'm not going to hang 'em high from the other direction.
    It might be that you are exactly correct, and I sincerely hope you are. But, at the same time, it is not too much of a stretch to see a pattern forming, and given the stakes I think it is worth being a little snake eyed.

The totalitarian tiptoe can go a lot of different ways, and I stand by the assertion that the hatred of Trump reaches the level of mental illness with so many who are unfortunately so programmed.

In all this I am not concerned for myself, as I am not much of a Trump supporter, and I am not concerned for him, as he got himself into this, but there are a lot of good and well meaning people who love him because they believe he is honestly trying to do the best (as he sees it) for this country and I worry what may come if a trend actually develops from the dots we are seeing laid out, ripe for connection.

And Autumn, I find it hard to believe that you have never seen the word sycophant used as a pejorative when describing a supporter of something you don't like. But, this is not the first time I thought you were being disengenuous, either.
    Oh, now I am disengenuous too. As well as being condescending, disrespectful, belittling, a troll working on a farm, on and on and on. A little push back and people go insane -- and on a thread devoted to Trump not being the answer.
    I have only ever seen the word sycophant used as I described and as the dictionary defines.

Are you expecting me to undermine my own understanding of the word and then go on to question someone else's intent, who appeared to be using it as it is defined?

That's rather convoluted. Maybe I don't get your point, if so, please try to word it another way.
    Last edited by AutumnW; 10th November 2020 at 00:19.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Tinman (11th November 2020)

23. Link to Post #1154
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,487 times in 1,711 posts

The election results are not over yet. Trump although not liked as a person because of
    his obvious ego attitude may have been chosen for that reason among many other traits as the best
    person to have the guts to destroy the criminal entities on the other side.

He'll go to court as he has to, to get fair play for what has to be done to save this USA. He's our only chance
    and we need to stand by him as the US President. He has a hard task in front of him and no other person in the
    USA could do a better job. He will take the criminals to court and imprison the ones who are a detriment to us at this time.

Actually he is our only hope.
    Last edited by East Sun; 10th November 2020 at 00:38.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

AriG (10th November 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (10th November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2020), sunflower (10th November 2020), TargeT (10th November 2020), wondering (10th November 2020)

25. Link to Post #1155
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    The election results are not over yet. Trump although not liked as a person because of
    his obvious ego attitude may have been chosen for that reason among many other traits as the best
    person to have the guts to destroy the criminal entities on the other side.

He'll go to court as he has to, to get fair play for what has to be done to save this USA. He's our only chance
    and we need to stand by him as the US President. He has a hard task in front of him and no other person in the
    USA could do a better job. He will take the criminals to court and imprison the ones who are a detriment to us at this time.

Actually he is our only hope.
    Amen! Brother/sister/non-binary Eieio 😘
    Albert Einstein

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

East Sun (10th November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2020), sunflower (10th November 2020), TargeT (10th November 2020), wondering (10th November 2020)

27. Link to Post #1156
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,568 times in 712 posts

No one comes on stage in this system by surprise. The system managers know very well who will become important. Bill Gate did not become computer entrepreneur through hard working in a garage, nor did he venture aimlessly into vaccine business. This must be so for Trump. He was allowed to be the president. Allowed to be a billionaire in the first place, escaping bankruptcy a number of times. The billionaires are members of a club and you are not in it unless they nuture you. He is not the answer because even if he is, he has no successor. I believe the system only needs him for four years, then takes on a dive to somewhere.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

AriG (10th November 2020), safara (10th November 2020), sunflower (10th November 2020), wondering (10th November 2020)

29. Link to Post #1157
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by syrwong (here)
    No one comes on stage in this system by surprise. The system managers know very well who will become important. Bill Gate did not become computer entrepreneur through hard working in a garage, nor did he venture aimlessly into vaccine business. This must be so for Trump. He was allowed to be the president. Allowed to be a billionaire in the first place, escaping bankruptcy a number of times. The billionaires are members of a club and you are not in it unless they nuture you. He is not the answer because even if he is, he has no successor. I believe the system only needs him for four years, then takes on a dive to somewhere.
    And what if he bucks the system as a white hat and thumbs his nose at the program? Donald Trump’s father made his fortune in a huge HUD project in Cincinnati, called Swifton Commons. Prior to that, they were irrelevant. Trump might have grown up as a quasi millionaire,!but the billions were of his own doing, and those billions are assets not liquid. Meaning, that they are tied to mortgages in REITS ( real estate investment trusts) Trumps liquidity is questionable. He was a CEO, with perhaps a million or two in annual compensation and options on privately held dividends. Trump is from a working family who had the advantage of being “outlyers@ ( right place/right time). What they were and are not is part of the matrix. Beneficiaries of the matrix , yes. Architects of the matrix? No.
    Albert Einstein

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

avid (10th November 2020), sunflower (10th November 2020), TargeT (10th November 2020), wondering (10th November 2020)

31. Link to Post #1158
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

I sincerely hope I'm exactly correct as well, watching it with snake eyes right along with you. I full well understand the powder keg we're sitting on here in the States, and the last thing we need are lit matches.

A witch hunt would turn real ugly, real fast, with no winners... To followers of the establishment Left that just won, I would advise take the W, and go home. Call it a day while you still can.
    Last edited by Gracy; 10th November 2020 at 13:12.

32. Link to Post #1159
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,508 times in 4,311 posts

Do better, Bill. Please, just do better. You've lost the respect of many former members and you seem to be working on losing the respect of current members sitting in the shadows feeling too overwhelmed by the alt-right to post here.
    Precisely who are these "alt-right" people you talk of? You allege the same here, and here for example. There are no such ones on this forum. They would be shown the door immediately. You tarnish the forum's name, and all of its posters, but using this insult.

It also demonstrates your lack of grasp if this is what you truly believe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	alt_right-1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	45057

I invoke Godwin's Law, a close enough correlation here, which states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches 1" —​​that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler.

At which point you lose by default.

I would say what you are really overwhelmed by is indoctrination. It has conjured a series of shadows and mirages that have shrouded your view of things. There's only one cure for that. Dig more, search more, think more.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

33. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Alan (10th November 2020), Bill Ryan (10th November 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (10th November 2020), ClearWater (10th November 2020), Elainie (10th November 2020), Ewan (10th November 2020), Hym (10th November 2020), Krist (10th November 2020), PurpleLama (10th November 2020), TargeT (10th November 2020), Tintin (10th November 2020), wondering (10th November 2020)

34. Link to Post #1160
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,224 times in 2,093 posts

Fyi; I beleive that our election was stolen from us as well - Trudeau was elected by using the same software that was used by Bidens' group.

So yeah, Canada and the U.S are close friends.

The goal of our enemy would be to have us all fighting amongst ourselves.

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th November 2020), ByTheNorthernSea (10th November 2020), ClearWater (10th November 2020), Hym (10th November 2020), Krist (10th November 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th November 2020), TargeT (10th November 2020), wondering (10th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst 1 8 48 58 68 92 LastLast