+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Night terrors, nightmares, night time attacks, sudden death while sleeping...

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,482 times in 1,331 posts

Default Re: Night terrors, nightmares, night time attacks, sudden death while sleeping...

Quote Posted by amor (here)
    One of the sleep hag occurrences happened to me. A sleep potion had been put into the water at my bedside unknown to me. I believe it almost gave me a heart attack because I experienced the sensation of some creature sitting on my chest. Simultaneously, I had a vision. I was on a stretcher type bed in a strange place and a pleasant looking woman, wearing glasses was leaning over me as though to help me out of some sort of distress. Somehow, I recognized her as being a close relative; but I do not know who she was. She looked somewhat like me. The experience ended and I was alive in this life still.
    Thank you for sharing this @amor.

It's interesting that you had this alternate vision even while you were being attacked. It sounds like this woman who was looking over you was helping you in some way during the attack - is this your interpretation as well?

Quote Posted by amor (here)
    I wondered whether I was in fact having a dream, this life, while existing in another location to the one I think I am in now. The idea occurred to me that we could all be on a life long, boring space journey; and the only way to endure it and keep our brains alive was to experience alternate realities in the form of realistic dreams.
    Wow! Layers and layers of reality and experience all nested together. This speculation would certainly sync with some of the "we are in a virtual reality simulation" ideas that are floating around right now (proposed by Elon Musk and others).

When you had this idea did you feel an immediate "rightness" to this, i.e. in some sense it was true? Or was it more idle speculation on your part?

Sometimes I'll get an idea or thought that I sense is true - usually a kind of flash of realisation explaining something - even though I have no real "scientific or logical" way of saying it is true.
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

AutumnW (23rd December 2016), DNA (23rd December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Night terrors, nightmares, night time attacks, sudden death while sleeping...

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Yes I think this is valid
    As a four year old I experienced horrific dream over and over--chariots of fire dark angels fighting white angels in the sky.
    I was scared to go to sleep--then eyes open or shut the vision was there the moment I turned of the light to sleep.
    I had to sleep with the light on and even then they occurred.

My parents were going to get a child psychiatrist--then suddenly they stopped.

The dreams were so vivid--cant see why--I knew nothing of angels, good or evil,--I was not in a religious family.

Chris
    Thank you @Chris for sharing this. I also had times in my childhood (and even sometimes now as an adult) where I need the light on to chase away the shadows at night.

Do you think it was the "threat" of a psychiatrist that stopped the dreams? Or do you see the potential psychiatrist visit more as a "promise"?

In general, I am mostly ambivalent to sceptical about psychiatrists due to my disagreement with the drugging of society and some members of the profession being complicit in the nefarious programmes of the intelligence services. But most psychiatrists are probably well intentioned and wanting to help people.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

AutumnW (23rd December 2016), DNA (23rd December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    I would have to split a lot of hairs with this McNamara guy. I mean, obviously dreams only occur in REM, isn't that fairly redundant? And, he's only talking about bad dreams. Did he autopsy 17 short-circuited hearts? And what he calls possession, I might call obsession...two totally different levels. I don't dispute his findings so much as I'm saying...he only skimmed the surface.
    Yes, I think he is definitely mainstream and I have not read the book or his scientific paper so I don't know if his research goes any deeper that indicated in the article (for reference, both @shaberon and I are referring to the Dr McNamara in the article posted here).

I bet after this thread is up for a while, there will be an Avalonian who *has* experienced the full blown thing.
    Do you think we are creating a "field of attraction" or "intentional well" by our focus on it here?

Concerning the beings that may pounce on the body and siphon its energy, maybe that's just like them smoking crack. They could live without it, but it's so tempting and powerful...once they do it, they're hooked, and, having a relatively immortal lifespan and utter freedom of movement, it's no problem to feed the habit. The incubus-succubus is actually the same thing, it takes something from a man and then goes to a woman, and, like the fey folk, its appearance is mostly our own mental projection onto it. They are a natural and normal part of the world, and, as a fire may be somewhat inconvenient to us if it is in our house or on our clothes, so are they--but the fire is neither itself inherently evil, nor is it something that we cannot learn to control. Fear is certainly a state that prevents this, and I won't say it's either easy, or a laughing matter to overcome a deep seated fear, but it is possible.
    Okay - I did not realise that the incubus-succubus was a single entity that merely shaped itself according to whether it was interacting with a man or a woman.

Yes, I do think that these beings exist in and of themselves and that they are neither good or bad. Probably most people have a tendency to judge anything that does not further their immediate survival or pleasure as bad or evil but it may just be another link in a complex web of interacting elements, beings and lifeforms. For me, it seems a difficult balance to strike being "for humanity" but also being wise about "the greater system".

Humans can only digest plants and animals, so it certainly isn't a case where we're innocent of consuming someone else's life force. We often do it on a mental/emotional basis as well. If you merely pick blueberries in a cold, selfish manner, that plant will suffer emotionally...but if you ask it nicely and respectfully, it will be glad to make an offering. The incubus-succubus lacks an equivalent of your free will to make such a choice, and all it can do is take--therefore they have to be commanded. The nature of this command is by will, by which is meant a power as deep as the motor force, which again, the average person has no real control of, so the heart is more likely to fail, than it is to repel the incubus-succubus.
    Gift versus demand from others.

This seems at the core of the difference between many traditional "hunter gather" type societies (Khoi-San, Australian Aborigines, Amazonian jungle tribes, etc.) and a more modern Western civilization. And it seems to depend on whether the culture and people grant "beingness" and acknowledge value widely or narrowly.

So if we take the "gift" orientation... then the night terror figures are more than just tormentors but are rather beings in their own right, with a value that we do not yet (and may never) understand.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

AutumnW (23rd December 2016), DNA (23rd December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016), shaberon (23rd December 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Interesting. I read about this many years ago, was aware of the deaths. I would be careful about assigning culpability to those who died from apparent night terrors though. There is no way of knowing whether thousands of ghosts of those they killed, came back from the grave for revenge. It seems unlikely.
    Good point @AutumnW - we cannot know what these people did or did not do and making assumptions may lead to a wrong judgement or conclusion.

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Ruthless killers, with little remorse and hardened boundaries and reality filters are probably less prone to being scared to death.
    Yes, perhaps you are right. Their context and choices led them to what seems to be a different set of morals and ethics that might mean that they do not feel remorse or any sense of fear from those they have affected in life.

They may have a totally different experience and interpretation of what they have done, with it's own internal consistency, even if we disagree and view it as bad/evil in some way.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

AutumnW (23rd December 2016), DNA (22nd December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    English
    Thanks

To everyone who has posted on the thread - thank you. I hope I have answered most posts to date.

Please forgive me if I have skipped yours - it's not intentional neglect... sometimes I don't have anything to say

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

AutumnW (23rd December 2016), BMJ (24th December 2016), DNA (22nd December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016), Unicorn (22nd December 2016)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Hi Searcher, I have been following this thread with interest. If I may share my own confusing experience.

I have had "sleep paralysis" on and off my whole life. My Father and my paternal Grandmother suffered from it as well. I have gone back and forth on its cause, from supernatural to alien to chemical. I still can't say with any certainty what the hell is happening because although each episode involves paralysis and the intense weight and pressure, each episode is also different in what if any of my "senses" appear to be activated.

As a child they happened most often when I was falling asleep. As an adult most often upon waking, after a "regular" night's sleep.

Most common was the paralyzing fear of being awake inside my unmovable body, feeling pressure on my entire body, most intense being on my chest. This was accompanied by the feeling of an evil or unwanted presence. I want to add that this didn't always happen when sleeping on my back as so many people claim is the case.

Next most common for me was the addition of auditory sounds, which included scratching, scampering sounds around the room, like an animal might make. Also the sound of clicking, voices and humming that seemed like it was coming through a long echoing hall or chamber. In my mind I always thought it sounded like being inside a submarine. I have never been in a submarine, so I have no idea why I thought that.

Sometimes the sound is accompanied by smell, fairly unpleasant smell, like wet dog and sweaty teenager. ha

Rarely, only a handful of times I could see. These were like out of body experiences. I could see my body from above and my bedroom. I could see shadowy things moving about. When I could "see" I also felt the shadowy creatures were talking to me, but it was telepathic. They would use my name and were familiar with me. They would say things like "Don't you want be "Jane Smith" ?" (not my name) They would infer that I had agreed to what was happening and chastise me about choices I was making in my waking life. This was done in a way that made me feel chosen or destined to do something of importance. As a child I believed this wholeheartedly. As an adult, not so much.

I will end by saying that I do not have this happen as frequently in my 40's and when it happens I usually can't hear, smell or see anything, I just feel paralyzed with the creepy pressure. I have speculated that this is because I take antidepressants, but maybe it is simply my age?

I am always wanting to hear hear others experiences of this nature and any insights people may have.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

AutumnW (23rd December 2016), BMJ (24th December 2016), DNA (22nd December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016), shaberon (23rd December 2016)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,950 times in 4,333 posts

Quote Posted by Searcher (here)

Great - I have had some terrifying nightmares and would value some help in softening their effects. Here is one:

In Johannesburg, there is a jumping cricket, grasshopper, locust type creature called a Parktown Prawn. Really ugly... from Wikipedia:
    Quote "Parktown prawn" is a common name for Libanasidus vittatus, a species of king cricket endemic to Southern Africa.

They are the subject of many urban legends and stories about their abilty to survive just about most forms of death - insect sprays, being flushed down the toilet, etc. A true Lazarus of the insect world. In fact, the film District 9, made by a South African director, probably got its inspiration for the alien invaders from these bugs.

Anyway, every now and then, I have these terrifying nightmares where these parktown prawns are in my personal space. They always seem close to my neck and shoulders, just behind me and in my peripheral sight.... there is a malevolent incomprehensibility to them, they are busy, twitching and moving - horrible! I am paralysed and terrified. I often wake my husband up while having this extremely terrifying experience.

I have had this off and on ever since my childhood and even now where I live in Dubai. It's like I am haunted by it. Any ideas?

I'm convinced there are nature spirits, these spirits take many forms, and I've had them enter my dreams as well.
    Contrary to what one might think, nature spirits as a rule do not like us very much.
    Their go to move is to treat us with hostility, and often times if you experience an uncomfortable sensation while in a nature setting, it is due to these creatures wishing you ill intent and voicing this intent and on some level our hearing this.

About seven years ago I got a job at a facility that was recently built in the virgin desert. This facility literally broke ground in an area filled with giant Toads, javaline, coyotes, mountain lions, badgers, bobcats and rattlesnakes.
    It was the apocalypse for most of these creatures.
    Anyway, I was working two jobs at the time, and this place had a very temperate underground parking garage where I would take naps in my car before going to my second job.
    Almost every single time I napped here I would have night terrors.
    And these terrors always seemed to be insticated by nature spirits from the area, nature spirits that seemed to be dying a slow and hungry death due to the destruction of their habitat.
    The night terror seemed to be providing the dual function of torturing a efn human, and feeding on their life force.

Also, I should mention that there are non-organic parasites in the fourth dimension which can make attachments to our human energy fields. Your situation reminds me of an Alex Grey painting.
    Last edited by DNA; 23rd December 2016 at 17:00.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

BMJ (24th December 2016), Bruno (22nd December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016), shaberon (23rd December 2016), Unicorn (22nd December 2016)

15. Link to Post #28
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

DNA,

Thanks for your contributions to this thread. I have found your thoughts intriguing!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

BMJ (24th December 2016), Bruno (23rd December 2016), DNA (23rd December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), Matthew (23rd December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016)

17. Link to Post #29
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

The 'prawn' in the movie, 'District Nine,' played havoc with my diet for months. Could not look a jumbo shrimp in the 'face' or whatever you call that part of them. I'm over it now. I wonder how many other people went on a crustacean fast after that movie?

DNA, I saw a documentary on elves and fairies, or nature spirits a while back, and learned that yes, indeed, as you say, they don't like people much. Elves and fairies were always regarded with a mix of curiosity and dread, until the Victorian age when they somehow became innocent and cute, according to this documentary. And yes, I believe they are quite real. I had some in my bedroom once. There was a great flurry of activity. I could see the air was in motion. There were bumps and clangs and it seemed there was an only semi visible etheric tumbling team beside my bed. It was very weird. A lot of strange things happened to me after reading Whitley Streiber's Communion!

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

BMJ (24th December 2016), Bruno (23rd December 2016), DNA (23rd December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016), shaberon (23rd December 2016)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,097 times in 4,065 posts

Quote Posted by Searcher (here)
    I bet after this thread is up for a while, there will be an Avalonian who *has* experienced the full blown thing.
    Do you think we are creating a "field of attraction" or "intentional well" by our focus on it here?
    No.

You could probably summon a hag, although I've never heard of it being done on purpose.

Agree that nature spirits don't quite "like" us either, although it's kind of in the same way your skin doesn't "like" sulfuric acid. First thing I did when I moved here was to make an offering to the little people (and they took it). It's kind of a matter of treatment--but also a miles-wide difference between spoiling and discipline.

When we spoil something, we give it a quick and dependent form of happiness, which in the long run isn't very good for it. With discipline, it's more of a rocky start, but things fall in line eventually. Only a person of purified will is qualified to discipline the elementals. Anybody can toss them a cake for Halloween, New Year's, etc; same for the ghosts.

The ghosts are almost all dead (have no soul) barring rare exceptions. Relatively young victims of sudden death (suicide, accident, violence); the few who have such a strong and pure love for a particular person; or magic (Nirmanakayas). The first group lives in their ghost for relatively equal to the remainder of their potential earth life, the second a bit longer, and the last for a long time.

If the ghost does not disintegrate, its strongest attraction will be to: the next life of its original owner.

There is probably a form of sorcery that could bind a thousand ghosts and sic them on a target, but I would think it unlikely that, on their own, these would make a plot against their murderers. Sometimes there are angry or vengeful ghosts, but for the most part, it's just due to the fact that memory is part of the package of an astral corpse.

The hag or incubus-succubus, as a nightmare, is given candy or drugs by its victim. Their actual role or real purpose is hard to fathom, but if they acted right, they would eventually become a physical elemental/nature spirit. So it's a lose-lose situation; nobody enjoys their visits, and it feeds a habit that makes them flunk school (so to speak). So far, I can't tell what makes them select any particular person. And the best inference is that either they are few in number (since few people experience the real thing), or that maybe there are a gazillion of them on "their right path" and humans experience the few who strayed.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

BMJ (24th December 2016), Bruno (23rd December 2016), DNA (23rd December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016)

21. Link to Post #31
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this lovely community, I joined last week and this is the first thread I open

I'm not sure where this topic should be placed, so I opened in the most "general" section I could find. Sorry if I did it wrong.

I would like to comment on something that has happened to me several times in the last years. I think it has a simple and mundane explanation because it fits well in the clinical definition of night terrors, but I thought it would be interesting to post it here and see if there is anyone else who also had a similar experience and/or has an alternative theory to explain it.

I've had nights when I would suddenly wake up (my subjective perception is that I hadn't been sleeping for too long, maybe...one or two hours) in a strong feeling of paralyzing panic. Unlike most episodes of night terror, when I experience this I'm completely awake and conscious, and perfectly remember it the morning after.
    Also unlike most of these episodes, I don't feel "pure" terror devoid of all meaning; I actually have a perfectly clear idea of what is causing such panic. When I have these experiences I feel like I'm out of place, somewhere I shouldn't be, and as a result of that, "something" is terribly wrong and horrible things can happen.

To have a better idea of how it is, imagine you go for a walk in the forest, venture into it too much and after several hours you realize you have no idea how to go back home and you got too far from it as well. Now take that feeling and amplify it thousands of times, like instead of getting lost somewhere 40 kilometers (sorry I'm European ) away from home, you were stranded in another planet. That's exactly how I feel!
    Last edited by vanEyck; 23rd December 2016 at 13:15. Reason: Added a line about possible thread misplacement
    Ik ga verder.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to vanEyck For This Post:

BMJ (28th December 2016), Bruno (23rd December 2016), Daughter of Time (23rd December 2016), DNA (23rd December 2016), eko (23rd December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), kirolak (23rd December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016), shaberon (24th December 2016), sheme (23rd December 2016)

23. Link to Post #32
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

Any history of sleep apnea?

24. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Hi sheme!

No, no history of sleep apnea. Anyway I think that condition would not cause these symptoms.
    Ik ga verder.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vanEyck For This Post:

Bruno (23rd December 2016), DNA (23rd December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016), sheme (23rd December 2016)

26. Link to Post #34
    Canada Avalon Member Daughter of Time's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,705 times in 1,092 posts

Hello vanEyck and welcome to Avalon.

I have had night terrors on and off throughout my life, but my history is very complex, which i won't get into here.

From the way you describe your experiences, I would venture to say that these are astral travel occurrences. We all astral travel in our sleep but most do not remember where they go nor what happens.

Before going to sleep, let your conscious mind communicate with your consciousness and express, in your own words, that you wish to travel only to places that will be pleasing to you. This may or may not work. It is worth a try. It will help.

Sometimes consciousness feels the need to explore strange and far away places which the incarnated being is not prepared to do.

Also, try to remember if these journeys teach you anything at all, other than fear. There may be something there for you to learn.

Protect yourself by stating that you are a sovereign being and nothing evil can touch you. Some meditations help with this.

Hope it gets better for you and you find some understanding on the whole issue.

Best wishes,

Daughter of Time

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Daughter of Time For This Post:

BMJ (24th December 2016), Bruno (23rd December 2016), DNA (23rd December 2016), eko (23rd December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), kirolak (23rd December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016), shaberon (24th December 2016), vanEyck (27th December 2016)

28. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I just ran into this on youtube, it's pretty good and fits this thread. I'm listening to it now, I'll edit the thread with more information once I've completed the video but it absolutely is within the confines of the OP's subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyaHgawWgNM

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

BMJ (24th December 2016), Bruno (23rd December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), Matthew (23rd December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016), shaberon (24th December 2016), Unicorn (23rd December 2016)

30. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

There is a thread that is currently quite active and is relatively new covering this topic here. Night terrors, nightmares, night time attacks, sudden death while sleeping...

Mod note from Bill: Thanks, yes — two threads merged.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 23rd December 2016 at 17:39.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

BMJ (24th December 2016), Bruno (23rd December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016)

32. Link to Post #37
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 times in 146 posts

Searcher, thank you for starting this very interesting thread. The synchronicity of this is not lost on me, as I actually meditated on this precise question as it related to me personally not 3 days ago. I don't believe my stumbling upon this thread is by chance, so I will share my own personal experiences.

I've shared this in bits and pieces on other threads but I have been plagued by a specific kind of night terror since my early childhood. My father took me to see Ghostbusters the movie when I was 4-5 and seeing the monster dogs scared the bejesus out of me. From what I can remember there was a period of 2 months or so following that where every night I'd have a nightmare involving Zuul chasing me, trying to either bite or impale by back with horns.

I've had recurring night terrors all my life involving this "Zuul" entity, in a few different manifestations:
    1. By far, the most common is becoming aware of the presence while I am in between a waking or sleeping state, where my dream location is a near mirror image of the location of my physical body. I would consider this the closest thing I've experienced to sleep-paralysis. In these circumstances I don't see a physical manifestation of the entity but I feel sharp pains in my back that makes my body spasm as the intensity grows. I've tried many different methods of trying to stop the experience. Most times I get angry/annoyed, a few times I've tried to open a dialog, others tried to project love and kindness, never to any real avail. The only way these attacks stop is by me waking myself up. I do recall one incident a few years ago where I was thoroughly annoyed and directly challenged it to do its worst, with the pain (after what seemed a long while) eventually became so intense I had to wake myself up.
    2. While dreaming throughout the years I would say 95% of the times when I would gain some kind of lucidity, before I could even marvel at the amazement of being in control on my dream the first though I'd have would be "what about Zuul"?. The script would follow with me doing a double take behind me and on the second look I would see the physical form charging at me from far away. This would scare me naturally, and I would jump up high in the air while it passed below me and I'd wake myself up. In these moments, most times even as an adult I would be just as scared as when I was 5. On rare occasions I would overcome the fear and either dismiss or sometimes befriend it.
    I can vouch that seeing the physical form was much scarier than feeling/sensing the non-physical presence - I can still recall specific dreams where I escaped and the physical form roared with such anger and pain that I literally woke up with my heart pounding in my chest with fear.

I do have spontaneous out of body experiences on average of once a month, but a few years ago I purchased an orgonite pyramid and pendant and decided to sleep with it (pyramid under me, pendant on me). On the second and third night I had an interesting experience. The third night's experience is less relevant, but the initial experience had me lying in my bed in a paralyzed state hearing voices talking inaudibly around me. After a short while I made out a single voice saying something to the effect "Please stop what you are doing at once". I tried to converse but after getting no response didn't leave and felt immense pain/pressure on my back - the same spot I am always attacked. It wasn't exactly the same kind of pain, but it was on the same spot.

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Libico For This Post:

BMJ (24th December 2016), Bruno (23rd December 2016), DNA (23rd December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), Matthew (23rd December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016), shaberon (24th December 2016), Unicorn (23rd December 2016)

34. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member frodo13's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The old hag i saw was just that, a old skinny hag that floated above me and choked me with her bare hands.I have had other times in my life before and after the old hag indecent where it feels like a body laying on me and in some cases trying get me aroused sexually.That is unnerving in it self. There is no pattern to this and has not happen for a few years.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to frodo13 For This Post:

BMJ (24th December 2016), Bruno (1st March 2017), DNA (25th December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016), shaberon (24th December 2016)

36. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,097 times in 4,065 posts

"Hypnogogic" is the term I've acquired for not-fast-asleep-but-hardly-awake state. This is indeed a pretty sensitive moment.

Never felt paralyzed or afraid then.

I've had a *lot* of those quick astral movements where you slam back into your body and wake up, never felt those symptoms then either. Most people, when they feel that pull, like falling from a great height, wake up before they "hit", and a lot of things have said if you experience the "hit" you'll have a heart attack or something. Not so. I've "hit" many times and it's business as usual.

For this reason, I would say that if you have terror/paralysis/sense a being, it's something a little more than one's own astral activity taking place. "Shadow people" as mentioned in the video's title are not quite the same either, I've found boat loads of those guys and still no night hag.

Assuredly there are thousands of variations on night terror/sleep attacks, but the classic hag as frodo13 reports seems to be a specific type of being throughout all time, anywhere.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

BMJ (24th December 2016), Bruno (1st March 2017), DNA (27th December 2016), frodo13 (24th December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), quiltinggrandma (24th December 2016)

38. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Hi Daughter of Time!

Thanks for your post. Your point was an interesting one, never considered it could be something to do with astral travel. I don't have much time now, but I'll come back another day and explain another theory I have, which has to do with reincarnation and accessing to memories from previous lives while asleep.

Merry Christmas!

vanEyck
    Ik ga verder.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vanEyck For This Post:

Bruno (1st March 2017), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast