+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Night terrors, nightmares, night time attacks, sudden death while sleeping...

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member halcyon026's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Night terrors, nightmares, night time attacks, sudden death while sleeping...

I hope this fits with the intent of this thread.

I use to have reoccurring nightmares when I was a pre-teen. However, I was able to get them to stop, not that I knew how to but I started to lucid dream & after getting really good at it, all dreaming stopped.

I would practice flying anytime I was lucid dreaming and at first I'd fall a lot and wake up, this annoyed me so I decided I'd train myself to not wake up when I die in dreams, which I was able to do. I could fall 40k feet, hit the ground and get right up and fly away. I could get stabbed, shot, you name it and not wake up.

Once my lucid dreaming skills got to this point of not waking up when I die, manifesting any object(s) I wanted, being able to instantly change the entire environment, or simply teleporting away, my nightmares turned into really fun dreams. It was around this time that I stopped being afraid of any nightmare, that I simply stopped having them. Decades later I still almost never remember dreaming.

I can remember looking forward to the idea of having a nightmare because it was like playing the best Virtual Reality game around, huge demons would come after me and I was fearless, I had total control of that reality.

I'm still really interested in understanding why I was able to get really good at lucid dreaming only to have dreaming suddenly stop...

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to halcyon026 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th October 2021), BMJ (28th December 2016), Bruno (1st March 2017), DNA (28th December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), Mare (6th October 2021), shaberon (28th December 2016)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,068 times in 4,064 posts

Default Re: Night terrors, nightmares, night time attacks, sudden death while sleeping...

Quote Posted by halcyon026 (here)
    I'm still really interested in understanding why I was able to get really good at lucid dreaming only to have dreaming suddenly stop...
    Your experience is a pretty close parallel of mine.

I can't call it a "nightmare", but one of the recurring bad dreams that would wake me up, was a tidal wave. When I was young, they would be gargantuan--100 feet high or even taller. At first, the very sight of the thing would make me "faint" in the dream, which was to wake up. Through the years, they would eventually start to crash, which would wake me up. Later, I made it to the flooding after the crash before awakening. Eventually, the last one was just standing at the shore and, as it approached, I didn't worry and it diminished to a puny two foot wave that just got my feet wet.

After that, I have never dreamed about waves. But then also reached the point where during regular sleep, I never dreamed at all. The only thing that changes that is to shatter the circadian rhythm. Stay up way too long and sleep at irregular times. The other day I did this and slept in six or seven hour long chunks, each one filled with dreams, wake up long enough to remember them and then *poof*, out again.

I went to a "flight school" as well, which was the most amazing thing. I developed what you could call complete "mechanical" control of the motions, although, mentally, had no idea where I was going. I do miss that, and yes, it's much harder to get back to, after many years of a general lack of dreams.

Glad to hear someone else took "the big fall", went smash! ...and it didn't matter. I think it is similar to being able to get in control of reflexes. Easier said than done, but, once you do it...it's easy.

I don't know, but perhaps yours is related to the fact that you were excited it was a fun game. If, instead of "virtual reality"--it IS reality--you might find one of the hags, etc. that plague other people--and bind it where it belongs.

Which, I shouldn't be too adamant that the hags are all elementals, possibly they are undead as well, or even--an undead possessed by an elemental.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th October 2021), BMJ (28th December 2016), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2016), Mare (6th October 2021)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,832 times in 777 posts

I've had four experiences in the past two months, of being awakened by a "felt presence" in my bedroom.

The first one was mild. I have trouble sleeping, especially if I try and go to bed early for the night. I get into a light, dreamy sleep and wake up for a few seconds every hour to turn over onto my other side.

Anyway a couple months ago I was dreaming, can't remember what about, when I felt more than half awake but eyes closed, and the distinct feeling of someone moving their hands up my back. Lasted for couple seconds then I jolted awake. It actually felt nice, like caressing. When I felt fully awake, I could see my room, but really fuzzy, and I saw what I thought was a being standing a couple of feet away. It's hard to describe it. Small and wearing a baseball cap covering its head and face. I was coming out of paralysis at that moment, and playfully pointed my fingers at it like a gun and said, "I got you". It then moved to wall and disappeared. I heard the dogs barking so I went out to calm them down, and heard a chime sound from the kitchen. One of my roommates was up cause of the dogs and I asked if he heard that chiming sound. He did not.

I'm no stranger to sleep paralysis and false awakenings, but when it comes to things touching me, it freaks me out.

The next time wasn't so mild. Maybe a few weeks after. Same sleeping conditions, half awake when suddenly it felt like some one was digging their knuckle into the middle of my back. It got harder, up to slightly painful over three seconds or so. When I woke up I had the fuzzy vision again and I saw floating and spinning some dark, round, object in the middle of the room. Lights were still off so it basically grey. But it moved with me eyes, so I thought it was just something in my eyes, like a floater.

Now last night I was dreaming, and in the dream I was getting romantic with dream character, nobody I know. It was just some quick kissing, then I felt myself in bed and something crawling over the top of my back, applying pressure as it climbed. It felt heavy like 40 pounds of weight. After a second I jolted awake and turned the lights on. No fuzzy vision this time. But, I picked up my phone and started to search about night terrors, and just then I hear a loud thump on my wall! THAT FREAKED ME OUT! I got up check to see if one of my longboard skateboards had shifted, but everything was tight on the rack. So I was a little scared to go back sleep last night. Just a little.

So tonight I was a little anxious getting into bed. And again I trouble getting to deep sleep. I was just having weird dreams. Then I woke, mostly paralyzed, eyes open right in my face was like a brown mass taking half my vision, where I could also see the wall next to my bed. It felt like an entity, and was clawing my back. I held it there by asking three times "what do you want", where I could of jolted out of it, which I eventually did after what felt like ten seconds. I got the fuzzy vision again and saw, digging into my wall, a strange little creature, like a multicolored grasshopper. It disappeared into the wall, making no sound.

So that's that. Not sure why it keeps happening to me. A little unsettling, but as a skeptic I just think it's hallucinations. That makes me feel better, but deep in me I wonder what it might really be.

Back when I believed in metaphysical things, I would probably ascribe this to a nature spirit or elemental. If this were the case, I would take it to be a playful being just messing with me. But I really don't know.

If it happens again I'll update this post.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Kalamos; 6th October 2021 at 11:20.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kalamos For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th October 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (6th October 2021), Harmony (6th October 2021), Mare (6th October 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th October 2021), Pam (6th October 2021), Peace in Oz (6th October 2021)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

Quote Posted by Kalamos (here)
    I've had four experiences in the past two months, of being awakened by a "felt presence" in my bedroom.

The first one was mild. I have trouble sleeping, especially if I try and go to bed early for the night. I get into a light, dreamy sleep and wake up for a few seconds every hour to turn over onto my other side.

Anyway a couple months ago I was dreaming, can't remember what about, when I felt more than half awake but eyes closed, and the distinct feeling of someone moving their hands up my back. Lasted for couple seconds then I jolted awake. It actually felt nice, like caressing. When I felt fully awake, I could see my room, but really fuzzy, and I saw what I thought was a being standing a couple of feet away. It's hard to describe it. Small and wearing a baseball cap covering its head and face. I was coming out of paralysis at that moment, and playfully pointed my fingers at it like a gun and said, "I got you". It then moved to wall and disappeared. I heard the dogs barking so I went out to calm them down, and heard a chime sound from the kitchen. One of my roommates was up cause of the dogs and I asked if he heard that chiming sound. He did not.

I'm no stranger to sleep paralysis and false awakenings, but when it comes to things touching me, it freaks me out.

The next time wasn't so mild. Maybe a few weeks after. Same sleeping conditions, half awake when suddenly it felt like some one was digging their knuckle into the middle of my back. It got harder, up to slightly painful over three seconds or so. When I woke up I had the fuzzy vision again and I saw floating and spinning some dark, round, object in the middle of the room. Lights were still off so it basically grey. But it moved with me eyes, so I thought it was just something in my eyes, like a floater.

Now last night I was dreaming, and in the dream I was getting romantic with dream character, nobody I know. It was just some quick kissing, then I felt myself in bed and something crawling over the top of my back, applying pressure as it climbed. It felt heavy like 40 pounds of weight. After a second I jolted awake and turned the lights on. No fuzzy vision this time. But, I picked up my phone and started to search about night terrors, and just then I hear a loud thump on my wall! THAT FREAKED ME OUT! I got up check to see if one of my longboard skateboards had shifted, but everything was tight on the rack. So I was a little scared to go back sleep last night. Just a little.

So tonight I was a little anxious getting into bed. And again I trouble getting to deep sleep. I was just having weird dreams. Then I woke, mostly paralyzed, eyes open right in my face was like a brown mass taking half my vision, where I could also see the wall next to my bed. It felt like an entity, and was clawing my back. I held it there by asking three times "what do you want", where I could of jolted out of it, which I eventually did after what felt like ten seconds. I got the fuzzy vision again and saw, digging into my wall, a strange little creature, like a multicolored grasshopper. It disappeared into the wall, making no sound.

So that's that. Not sure why it keeps happening to me. A little unsettling, but as a skeptic I just think it's hallucinations. That makes me feel better, but deep in me I wonder what it might really be.

Back when I believed in metaphysical things, I would probably ascribe this to a nature spirit or elemental. If this were the case, I would take to be a playful being just messing with me. But I really don't know.

If it happens again I'll update this post.

Thanks for reading.
    Thanks for sharing this. It doesn't seem friendly to me at all. There would have been a time I would found have found a myriad of ways to write it off as well..I'm sorry you are going through this. I have taken to being up in the middle of the night to avoid, not the same things you are experiencing but things I would rather not deal with, either.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th October 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (6th October 2021), Kalamos (6th October 2021), Mare (6th October 2021), Peace in Oz (6th October 2021), wondering (6th October 2021)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

It seem's sort of ominous that this thread popped up. I usually look at the new posts when I visit the forum. I have been having a series of dreams/visions. This is a new thing for me that these weird dreamish states will happen sequentially at different times. Here is the recent series.

Dream 1- It is night time and I have to go somewhere, I seem to live in a city somewhere. As I leave the front door there are many people on the street. Some of the humans have been altered and have a cyborg, metallic quality to them. In fact, the mechanical aspects of do not seem to be well blended. Each of the altered ones look different. I am terrified of them.

Dream 2- I am forced to walk out among them, I am not only terrified of their grotesque appearances, they are amoral, violent and are sexually degenerate in ways I find repugnant. They don't mind having unwilling partners. I have to make it to a destination so I try to keep my head down and not draw attention to myself lest I become of interest to one of them. There are many that look like regular humans that don't seem to be disturbed by the altered ones. The environment that I live is very accepting of all of these behaviors.

Dream 3- I realize in this dream that mechanical cyborg humans are not voluntarily becoming these things. They are being taken away and turned into these things. I continue to witness how bizarre they are. Then, and I have no memory of the process, I am made into one of them. The weird part is I am still in the dream as Pam, the observer, but I also can experience the consciousness of Pam, the cyborg. The observer aspect of myself is frightened and repulsed that I have become one. I am also shocked that when experiencing the consciousness of Pam, the cyborg, I realize that she didn't care that she was one. She no longer cared in the least.
    Last edited by Pam; 6th October 2021 at 10:40.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th October 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (6th October 2021), Kalamos (6th October 2021), Mare (6th October 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th October 2021), wondering (6th October 2021)

11. Link to Post #46
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,755 times in 4,341 posts

I don't claim any expertise in analysing the psychological components of dreams - meaning other people's dreams, as they're personal to them, but with my own I only have to sit and think a while before decoding the symbolism. If it was me who had Dream 1 and 2, I'd say yup, that's a pretty good metaphor for present day reality: being forced to go out into a world full of mechanical people (deeply conditioned), thinking with mechanical brains (their phones), and living a mechanical life in a society slipping further into dysfunction by the day. All the while the people do not see it, much like the scenario of the boiling frog.

Dream 3 is possibly a warning, and one to us all, of what we may become if we don't jump out of that boiling pan of water in time!
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th October 2021), Mare (6th October 2021), Pam (6th October 2021), Peace in Oz (6th October 2021), wondering (6th October 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3