+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some questions about The Matrix trilogy

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Some questions about The Matrix trilogy

Hi,

I believe that movies like the matrix, like many other movies, have a deeper meaning inside them. Some movies were either being made by insiders, or people that have at least a basic understanding of the hidden aspects of our world, or sometimes these writers have had a remarkable form of inspiration.

Now I was thinking about a couple of things regarding the story of the matrix trilogy that don't make sense to me. So here are some questions I hope some of you can shed some light on:

1. Why are all the "program" characters in the movies so colorful and intersting to watch (think of Smith, The Oracle, The Merovingian) while the real people like Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, etc are rather stiff and boring in a way? Morpheus was an interseting character in the first movie nonetheless, but after that he became a bit stiff. I was thinking if this was inteded by the wachowski's and if there is some meaning behind that. It seems the program characters are more interesting to watch and better acted in general.

2. When inside the Matrix, liberated people can do extraordinary things like jump over buildings and stop or dodge bullets. These abilities only apply to their conscious existence in the Matrix. So in a way people can do exceptional things that can only be done inside the matrix. Is there something we are supposed to learn from that if we extend this thought to living in a control system or fake reality?

3. Is anything know regarding the Wachowski's knowledge or interest in occult things? Do they believe we live in a control system? I never found any information on that.

Thank you very much for your insights!

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Krone For This Post:

Baby Steps (27th December 2016), Bruno (9th January 2017), ByTheNorthernSea (9th September 2021), Gillian (26th December 2016), Guish (30th December 2016), Inversion (26th December 2016), joeecho (27th December 2016), Pam (11th September 2021), RedSun88 (26th December 2016), sdv (27th December 2016), silvanelf (2nd June 2019), Star Tsar (12th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (27th December 2016), TargeT (27th December 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,664 times in 20,818 posts

Default Re: Some questions about The Matrix trilogy

Have you studied this too?
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Guish (30th December 2016), Inversion (9th September 2021), Star Tsar (12th January 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,664 times in 20,818 posts

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Guish (30th December 2016), joeecho (27th December 2016), PathWalker (27th December 2016), Star Tsar (12th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (27th December 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Finland Avalon Member muxfolder's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,851 times in 668 posts

I have to say Matrix was one of those movies that in a way changed my life. There was something very strange and appealing about it when I saw it the first time and I had to watch it 2 times in a row. So I was blown away by it but also thought there must be some truth in it. Guess I was right.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to muxfolder For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (9th September 2021), Guish (30th December 2016), Star Tsar (12th January 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Krone (here)
    1. Why are all the "program" characters in the movies so colorful and intersting to watch (think of Smith, The Oracle, The Merovingian) while the real people like Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, etc are rather stiff and boring in a way? Morpheus was an interseting character in the first movie nonetheless, but after that he became a bit stiff. I was thinking if this was inteded by the wachowski's and if there is some meaning behind that. It seems the program characters are more interesting to watch and better acted in general.
    One method of dis-empowerment is to give countless aspiring examples of how everything is so much... "more" than you are.

We fantasize about magic (conguring fire balls, etc), flying dragons, gigantic sentient robots etc... and while we look to the sky we ignore that which we are currently walking through... Plus our expectations of greatness are so skewed that it aborts any ambitions of the same in our selves..

I think the wachowski's did on purpose to support the over arching theme of being "willingly" trapped.

2. When inside the Matrix, liberated people can do extraordinary things like jump over buildings and stop or dodge bullets. These abilities only apply to their conscious existence in the Matrix. So in a way people can do exceptional things that can only be done inside the matrix. Is there something we are supposed to learn from that if we extend this thought to living in a control system or fake reality?
    yes, if you think you are winning in the matrix, you are still in the matrix. Have a million dollar house and 42 sports cars? well those are all still in the matrix, so....

I think this goes back to my above statement again, even the "hero's" will be drawn back to the matrix because of this aspect... because it's what we seek due to the ingrained need from the constant desensitization to the "natural phenomenon" we've been exposed to nearly all our lives.

3. Is anything know regarding the Wachowski's knowledge or interest in occult things? Do they believe we live in a control system? I never found any information on that.

Thank you very much for your insights!
    Hard to think that they don't.

and now it's the wachowski sisters, when it was the brothers... Might be something to that?
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bruno (9th January 2017), ByTheNorthernSea (9th September 2021), ExomatrixTV (29th December 2016), guayabal (28th December 2016), Guish (30th December 2016), Inversion (9th September 2021), joeecho (27th December 2016), NancyV (28th December 2016), Pam (28th December 2016), Savannah (11th September 2021), Star Tsar (12th January 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

The Matrix is like a changeling, it will change to suit it's surroundings and the surroundings itself. It may even mimic one's vision of what it would be like to be outside the Matrix. All archetypes reside in the Matrix without exception.

Matrix: Past-Future, presently.

Enlightened or unenlightened makes no difference to the matrix.

The Eagles song Hotel California could easily be Hotel Matrix

"We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"

"We are programmed to receive.
    You can check-out any time you like,
    But you can never leave! "

The decision in or out is also part of the Matrix.

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I can highly recommend Mark Passio's decoding of the trilogy:

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rhah For This Post:

angelfire (29th December 2016), drneglector (29th December 2016), Guish (30th December 2016), Pam (11th September 2021), Star Tsar (12th January 2017), TargeT (28th December 2016)

14. Link to Post #8
    Saint Lucia Avalon Member Philaletheian's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hey Krone,

For your 1st question, i believe that it is a representation of the Ego. In that the mask we wear to present our self to society must be flamboyant and loud so as to be accepted. Whereas those that undergo any sort of practice or training to find the truth realizes that the ego is merely a facade and one you realize it, the Higher Self becomes who you are or dare i say your new mask, whereas your Lower self recedes to the background. And as you may have realized the Higher self isn't interested in worldly pleasures like money, fame, etc but rather in the pursuit of the ultimate ineffable reality.

Your 2nd question is a bit complex, i can only answer it with a question: Imagine you've uncovered the ultimate truth and for your hard work you've been presented 3 choices
    1) Stay where you where while having the power to bend reality to your will.
    2) Wallow in a place of extra-celestial delights, pleasures and relaxation for all your hard work; or
    3)Transcend all these realities and dimensions and go above & beyond the ultimate reality.
    while i personally believe the meaning they're trying to convey is that control over your Mind is paramount, i just cant see altering reality in real life actually is possible at this stage of our evolution, but that is open to interpretation.

Thirdly, while i cant be sure about their personal beliefs, seeing their other works like Speed racer, Jupiter Ascending and my favorite V for Vendetta, we can see a tendency to favor the upheaval of those in power or control as with the Matrix. But they came closest to the esoteric phase with Cloud Atlas as they touched on the interconnected among all beings mostly. One would definitely say they're have a liking for either Contemporary Hinduism or Buddhism or any Eastern religious movement for that matter.
    ..::OM::..

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Philaletheian For This Post:

Ankle Biter (12th September 2021), Bruno (9th January 2017), Guish (30th December 2016), Star Tsar (12th January 2017)

16. Link to Post #9
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Red face Re: Some questions about The Matrix trilogy

For me Cloud Atlas is like a prequel to or tales from the Matrix! With a little imagination it expands the story line of the trilogy. It even has the same actor for antagonist (Agent Smith) & The hero is intentionally made to look like Keanu in my opinion...
    The only thing is that the Cloud Atlas story takes place over generations where Matrix does not.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Ankle Biter (12th September 2021), ByTheNorthernSea (9th September 2021), Inversion (9th September 2021), Peace in Oz (10th September 2021), Wind (13th January 2017)

18. Link to Post #10
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,502 times in 4,311 posts

And it's back...

Pretty awesome looking trailer, but who know what to expect with movies these days.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Ankle Biter (12th September 2021), Bluegreen (6th December 2021), Ernie Nemeth (9th September 2021), Ewan (9th September 2021), Inversion (9th September 2021), justntime2learn (9th September 2021), mountain_jim (9th September 2021)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,388 times in 1,629 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    And it's back...

Pretty awesome looking trailer, but who know what to expect with movies these days.

Here's a breakdown of the trailer.

deus ex machina- an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel. It's an anagram for Exude Shamanic. Wiki

Wordsmith
    Last edited by Inversion; 11th September 2021 at 22:16.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (12th September 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th September 2021), Mashika (12th September 2021), mountain_jim (12th September 2021)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,388 times in 1,629 posts

Trailer two of Matrix Resurrections just came out. It's scheduled to be released on 12/11/21 (a palindrome date).
    imdb
    Last edited by Inversion; 6th December 2021 at 20:11.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Bluegreen (6th December 2021), mountain_jim (6th December 2021)

+ Reply to Thread