+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Targeted Individual "Rational" Wiki

1. Link to Post #1
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Default Targeted Individual "Rational" Wiki

So, I stumbled upon this today: "http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Targeted_Individuals"

I thought to myself wow I should do something about this. So I decided to go in and edit it. Mere minutes after completing my edits, they were erased and replaced with what had been there before.

So, I decided to go express my concerns about censorship and the obvious maliciousness and narrow mindedness of the information expressed on the wiki page, and was greeted with an "unwelcome" message from the community, sent by a person who calls him or herself "CheeseburgerFace"

This is what the "unwelcome" message said:

"Your welcome to RationalWiki is lukewarm at best, 24.59.116.121.

This observation is due to the nature of your initial edits. Pull up a goat and try not to make trouble.

We realize it is possible that you do not understand the nature of the site or our objectives.

Please see our guide for newcomers and our community standards to clarify things for you.

If you're still interested in contributing, please see what our articles are intended to be."

I found CheeseburgerFace's email, hosted by: https://www.sigaint.org/index.html

Apparently this is part of the dark web??

"Interview With “Sigaint DarkNet Email” Admin

Posted by: DeepDotWeb February 16, 2015 in Articles, Featured 23 Comments

Recently we have conducted a short interview with one of the growing darknet email providers – Sigaint – from their homepage:

What is SIGAINT? SIGAINT is a darknet email service that allows you to send and receive email without revealing your location or identity. We provide this service to help journalists and activists combat the dragnet surveillance that exists on the Internet today. Even if you aren’t in conflict with the state or anyone in particular you as a human being deserve privacy."

((https://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/02/1...t-email-admin/))

I thought that was strange in of itself. For somebody helping with an informational wiki to be *that* concerned about their privacy?

Well I sent that CheeseburgerFace an email, and copied it to their public forum, with an introductory paragraph explaining the post and adding the caveat that I did not think all members were as apparently self righteous as the people who are responsible for the TI wiki are.

No response, of course. But they did move my post to bury it (actually I am surprised they did not delete it) and tried to discredit me while also completely ignoring my points.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Rationa...Free_Your_Mind

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Talk:Ta...Free_Your_Mind

I am not sure I expected anything different. But it was an interesting experiment, to see what these people would do with my attempts to counter their very demeaning diatribe on a phenomenon that they very clearly do not understand.
    Last edited by The Freedom Train; 3rd January 2017 at 02:58.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Ashy67 (3rd January 2017), BMJ (3rd January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), eko (4th January 2017), Ewan (14th January 2017), Hervé (3rd January 2017), Omni (14th January 2017), Richard S. (4th January 2017), shadowstalker (4th January 2017), Valerie Villars (26th April 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Targeted Individual "Rational" Wiki

One of the concerns with free speech is that you get all points and agendas coming to the fore we have to be personally vigilant and aware of the agendas beneath the rhetoric. I agree with you and I think you found them out, well done

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashy67 For This Post:

BMJ (3rd January 2017), Omni (14th January 2017), The Freedom Train (4th January 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Thanks Ashy67. We can add it to the ever growing mountain of evidence I suppose.

Ah well I went back and saw that the CheeseburgerFace person had removed my replies to his snarky comments on my post. Sheesh. I have no desire to do anything else at this point, knowing that whatever I write they'll just delete it. Pointless waste of energy.

But like I said it certainly was an interesting experiment!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

BMJ (4th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), eko (4th January 2017), Omni (14th January 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,392 times in 3,448 posts

Quote Posted by The Freedom Train (here)
    Thanks Ashy67. We can add it to the ever growing mountain of evidence I suppose.

Ah well I went back and saw that the CheeseburgerFace person had removed my replies to his snarky comments on my post. Sheesh. I have no desire to do anything else at this point, knowing that whatever I write they'll just delete it. Pointless waste of energy.

I got in a wikipedia edit war with a couple shills over the microwave hearing page. I eventually just had to stop, there was no end to the shilling there. The cabal are major societal engineers, and have an army of shills to back them up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Patient (5th January 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

There are conspiracy wikis that would similarly shut down attempts at editing if skeptics came in and started changing things.

Free speech is guaranteed by the Constitution, but that doesn't mean you can go into somebody's restaurant and start loudly ranting and raving either. The owners would have every right to kick you out, because it's their property and they have control over who they allow in, just as the PA staff has control over who they allow in. This is a property issue rather than a free speech issue.

If you were standing on a public sidewalk or in a park or something, then it'd be an entirely different story because that's public property. Somebody's internet website that they pay to maintain is not public property. If you don't pay for it and take the responsibility to maintain it then you don't get a vote.

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,639 times in 8,116 posts

Quote Posted by Omni (here)
    Quote Posted by The Freedom Train (here)

I got in a wikipedia edit war with a couple shills over the microwave hearing page. I eventually just had to stop, there was no end to the shilling there. The cabal are major societal engineers, and have an army of shills to back them up.
    Here's one . . . . . Neil Steinberg.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columni...ment-paranoid/

Strangers are following you. Teams of them, coordinating their surveillance. Recording you. Attacking you with sonic devices. Maybe burning you with lasers. Maybe implanting grain-sized trackers inside your body. You can feel the hard bumps under your skin.

You are alarmed, naturally, and turn for help to those you trust: your family and friends. Maybe law enforcement. Only they don’t believe, you. They might even act like you’re the problem. Like you’re crazy.

Welcome to the world of Targeted Individuals, a loose confederation of those, in their words, subject to the “growing crimes of organized stalking, surveillance, abuse and electronic harassment.”
    OPINION
    I first met Targeted Individuals last August, passing a protest in the Loop marking “International Targeted Individual Day.” I took a flyer, showing the fearful blue eyes of a weeping woman.

Calling spokeswoman, “Ella Free,” started with a surprise.

“A good portion of people who claim to be Targeted Individuals are actually mentally ill,” she said. Straight to the elephant in the room. “So many of them, people have the same story: it’s interesting that a person isolated is having a very similar scenario.”

She meant “interesting” as in “persuasive” — these people are describing the same thing, therefore it must have basis in reality. That logic doesn’t hold up.

“People who are paranoid start to latch onto the same kind of delusion,” said David LaPorte, a professor of psychology at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. “This is not uncommon. When airplanes first started, people started having delusions they were being followed by airplanes. The computer has been a huge issue that leaked into paranoid delusions. Every technological advance becomes fodder for paranoid individuals.”

I spoke with Free and listened to her interviews on Internet shows, about how a bad online relationship expanded into obsessiveness — whether hers or someone else’s I’ll leave unaddressed. Maybe everyone at the beach was videotaping her.

“I knew right off this guy had hired these people to do this to me,” she said.
    Maybe the stabbing pain in her leg was being induced.

“I knew it was artificial,” she said. “I thought it was a laser, maybe going off the wi-fi.”

With the president in a state of near-hallucinatory grandiosity, spinning wild tales of government conspiracy, and millions of Americans blurring their perception of reality to accommodate him, this outlooks seems to be a continuum. Targeted Individuals are an outlier, an extreme case of what many suffer. In some ways they may even be more moderate.

“I don’t think it’s the government,” Free said. “I believe this is a multi-pronged approach. This is a new criminal tactic. I feel a lot of this has to do with security companies … I started getting followed by strange people. Finally about a year later, went online started researching the stalking and harassment and found Targeted individuals and thought, ‘Huh, I’m not the only one experiencing this craziness.'”

“They’re well organized because of the Internet,” LaPorte said. “That’s part of the problem. It deepens and entrenches what is probably a delusion.”

Note the “probably” in the previous sentence. Sometimes the improbable does happen. Stalking is real, though usually by individuals, not shady networks.

“No one’s really actually talked to these individuals in a clinical way to establish whether they are nuts,” LaPorte said. “Anybody who has worked in this field for a long period of time, you hear stories of fantastic delusions only to find out it was true. What they’re talking about could be true, but it’s probably not.”

That’s why the sane are always a few steps behind the unhinged: sanity reflexively questions itself, while certainty and delusion go hand in hand.

“That’s a common bedrock of paranoia, a common fallacy: confirmatory bias,” LaPorte said. “We seek out information to confirm what (we) already believe.”

Both classic mental illness and current politics seem to share a need for validation from people who feel overlooked. Grow lonely enough and space aliens show up.

“If everything is referring to you, you are special in some way,” LaPorte said. “You are being targeted by the government, by gangs. Then you look at these folks and ask, ‘Why would the government, if it had this sophisticated satellite technology, pick these people?’ They’re not particularly special.”

Ouch. You see why so many lose their hold on reality. It often stings.
    Last edited by norman; 26th April 2019 at 00:16.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

BMJ (29th April 2019), Valerie Villars (26th April 2019)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,639 times in 8,116 posts

Bill Binney and Kirk Wiebe on the Targeted Individual Survey - Special Investigators

Former NSA Technical Director William Binney and former NSA Senior Intelligence Analyst Kirk Wiebe summarise the outcome of the Targeted Individual survey that they launched in 2017 and outline the next steps to obtain forensic evidence for the court cases against the global targeting program.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

13. Link to Post #8
    Malta On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Bill Binney and Kirk Wiebe on the Targeted Individual Survey - Special Investigators

Former NSA Technical Director William Binney and former NSA Senior Intelligence Analyst Kirk Wiebe summarise the outcome of the Targeted Individual survey that they launched in 2017 and outline the next steps to obtain forensic evidence for the court cases against the global targeting program.
    The real Kathrine Horton was an Oxford student who died in 2006, https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/...dents.ukcrime/ https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ile-phone.html

+ Reply to Thread