View Poll Results: Have you experienced the so-called "Mandela Effect"?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

67 63.21%
  • No

18 16.98%
  • I'm not sure yet

21 19.81%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: The Mandela Effect Poll

1. Link to Post #61
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,058 times in 909 posts

Default Re: The Mandela Effect Poll

Ok, so what are the consequences of this effect...
    what is to be expected , to be prepared for and how can it be put to good use....

the changing of film lines, logos, text is nothing but trivia.. imagine we wake up one day and 'Africa' doesnt exist (or Israel )
    imagine people you know are just wiped out... or enviromental conditions... the water is now red not blue etc..
    or things that werent there appear, anything really new animals, aliens, planets ..anything...

there is clearly a tchnology that causes this...so what about finding a way to paste things into this world that exist on another timeline but havent been invented here... like anti gravity devices, free energy devices, revolutionary foods or live enhancing drugs...

I know this kind of thing seems to easily happen in non material envroments like music composition and production. I always tune into the way the music 'wants' to go when I work on music... famously Paul Mc Cartney 'dreamed' the song 'Yesterday' in its complet entirety one night.. he wrote it down in the morning and was so convinced the he heard it somwhere that he send a publisher on the chase to find the writer of the song... he was never found of course... Nicola Tesla is another example of a guy who just 'came up' with tons of inventions...

personally my own powers of manifestion have just increased by quite a bit... stuff I want is happening...

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

avid (15th January 2017), betoobig (15th January 2017), BMJ (16th January 2017), DNA (15th January 2017), Hervé (15th January 2017), RunningDeer (15th January 2017), sheme (15th January 2017), tequilawolfpack (28th June 2017), toppy (31st January 2017)

3. Link to Post #62
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,898 times in 15,481 posts

"Déjà vu" can give an ébauche of explanation when considering that the template for the occurrence of some event was already imprinted/implanted/present in one's mind when in the "dream world"... and then one can debate about the creative power of one's mind/unconscious creating the reality of that imprinted/implanted holographic mental video into actual physical, 3D reality.

When a déjà vu occurs, two universes superimpose onto each other, one from the dream world which is perceived as a memory of the current 3D physical reality that’s unfolding, they might not match perfectly but, very certainly, these two universes melded together at that moment; one virtual, one physical.

Sometimes, the “virtual” reality looks and feel realer than the “ordinary” physical, 3D reality…

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    [...]
    The second implies that somehow, a collective unconscious can be altered via some psychotronics applications... à la Dr.Duncan...
    [...]
    Digging around this one, one could infer that a "veil" is lifting off people's mind... from which, one could derive a couple of inferences, if not more:

1. the "veiling" isn't enforced any longer
    2. beings are truly awakening to a physical reality that was previously perceived through a fog of sensations

The first point could be a further psy-op designed to make individuals doubt that what they happen to remember isn’t actually real and therefore make them dismiss whatever they run into/encounter in their introspections/meditations... nasty, if that's the case.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (15th January 2017), Bill Ryan (15th January 2017), BMJ (16th January 2017), DNA (15th January 2017), meat suit (15th January 2017), RunningDeer (15th January 2017), toppy (31st January 2017)

5. Link to Post #63
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Then, there's the normal, habitual, run-of-the-mill human behavior:

Kahneman: Your Cognitive Biases Act Like Optical Illusions

By Drake Baer January 13, 2017 1:32 p.m.

Photo: Craig Barritt/Getty Images for The New Yorker Meeting

Daniel Kahneman in real life is the psych-nerd equivalent of hanging out with Bob Dylan. Both have recently been awarded Nobel Prizes. Both reformed their fields. While Dylan bulldozed folk and reinvented rock with an electric guitar, Kahneman and his longtime collaborator Amos Tversky employed clever study designs to reveal how misled by intuitions and mental shortcuts — which they termed heuristics — and how reliably irrational humans are. As Michael Lewis details in his new book on their collaboration, The Undoing Project, the duo’s research upended foundational assumptions not just in psychology, but economics, medicine, professional sports, and beyond.

This week, I had the privilege of nabbing a half-hour of conversation with Kahneman before he went onstage at a private dinner in Manhattan. One burning question I had is why the mind so constantly cruises to the automatic, unconscious mental shortcuts that he detailed in Thinking, Fast and Slow. To the 82-year-old Princeton psychologist, people think like they see. By recognizing this, you might be a little less likely to fixate on first impressions or fall victim to confirmation bias.

“In visual perception, you have a process that suppresses ambiguity,” Kahneman tells Science of Us, “so that a single interpretation is chosen, and you’re not aware of the ambiguity.”

Consider the form at the center of the below optical illusion.

Photo: Eva Hill

Depending on context — whether you’re “reading” the image horizontally or vertically, the characters snap into place as the letter B or the number 13. In perception, this process isn’t mysterious, Kahneman says. One interpretation is exchanged for another, with the alternate reading being suppressed. It’s palpable to you, the viewer. The analogous, and less obvious, pattern happens all the time in our habits of mind.

“When we reach interpretations, many of the characteristics of visual perception are retained, like a search for coherence, things that make sense together,” he said. “You’re very likely to perceive things that aren’t there in perception. All of us do that.”

Take, for instance, the notorious stickiness of first impressions. “There is some accuracy with a first impression, but if you’re going to be with a person for a long time, I’m not sure those early impressions are very useful to you,” he says. (Consider that the next time you want to ghost someone after one date.) Because of this, he says, first impressions tend to be self-fulfilling: If you take someone to be hostile toward you, you’ll act hostile toward them, prompting their hostility — and you thinking you had the impression right the whole time.

Indeed, people can’t help but impose the letter B or the number 13 on the messiness of life. “Where does confirmation bias come from? Confirmation bias comes from when you have an interpretation, and you adopt it, and then, top down, you force everything to fit that interpretation,” Kahneman says. “That’s a process that we know occurs in perception that resolves ambiguity, and it’s highly plausible that a similar process occurs in thinking.” Which is precisely why you — or a president — shouldn’t trust everything you think. Unfortunately, the more powerful you are, the more you believe your own thoughts.

SOTT Comment:
    More on Kahneman's System 1 and System 2 as described in Thinking, Fast and Slow:
    System 1 uses association and metaphor to produce a quick and dirty draft of reality, which System 2 draws on to arrive at explicit beliefs and reasoned choices. System 1 proposes, System 2 disposes. So System 2 would seem to be the boss, right? In principle, yes. But System 2, in addition to being more deliberate and rational, is also lazy. And it tires easily. (The vogue term for this is "ego depletion.") Too often, instead of slowing things down and analyzing them, System 2 is content to accept the easy but unreliable story about the world that System 1 feeds to it.
    Related:

See also this post (<---)
    Last edited by Hervé; 15th January 2017 at 17:55.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (15th January 2017), Bill Ryan (15th January 2017), BMJ (16th January 2017), RunningDeer (16th January 2017), toppy (31st January 2017)

7. Link to Post #64
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,716 times in 2,660 posts

Tricks of the graphic design trade, logos with a twist, dingbats and typeface tweeks.... we think we see x, but we see x and y, and even more....
    We use colour, juxtaposition, contrast and a plethora of Bridget Riley mindwarps!
    We use layers of media to subliminally coerce viewers....
    It's more Mandelbrot than Mandela in some instances!
    I did enjoy the job.

(Passes a can of BS repellant to Bill and Hervé) 😉
    Last edited by avid; 15th January 2017 at 18:05.
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Hervé (15th January 2017), RunningDeer (16th January 2017), Shannon (24th January 2017), toppy (31st January 2017)

9. Link to Post #65
    Norway Avalon Member skogvokter's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont think this has been mention in this thread, but I think the ford logo has changed . I drive a ford and have for the last 5 years. Also my first car was a ford and I'm a gearhead and know my cars. Now the logo has it small captital letter e on the F..almost like Feord. Google the logo.
    This is how I rememeber it

And some other mandela effect.. It started with Interview with A vampire(not the) and a bit later added the The Vampire Chronicles.
    The big one is the Kennedy assassination. I'm not sure what to make of this one.

Edit: And Dolly have braces in Moonraker(It's pointless withouth)
    Last edited by skogvokter; 16th January 2017 at 05:56.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to skogvokter For This Post:

BMJ (16th January 2017), Bob (16th January 2017), DNA (24th January 2017), Icare (27th April 2023), Patient (13th February 2017), RunningDeer (16th January 2017), toppy (31st January 2017)

11. Link to Post #66
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,209 times in 32,905 posts

Of interest, maybe:

Here's Alex Jones (who may never have heard of the Mandela Effect) citing Mirror Mirror, on the Wall, talking about Madonna, in yesterday's Infowars show (23 Jan 2017). The clip here is just 30 seconds.

http://projectavalon.net/Alex_Jones_Mirror_Mirror.mp3

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (25th January 2017), BMJ (23rd December 2017), Bob (25th January 2017), DNA (24th January 2017), ExomatrixTV (26th April 2023), Inversion (24th January 2017), Magnus (24th January 2017), RunningDeer (24th January 2017), Shannon (24th January 2017), toppy (31st January 2017)

13. Link to Post #67
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member lightning23's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe this has been mentioned already, but I found it very interesting and wanted to share...
    Highspiracy
    Resurrection

Disclaimer: I do not represent the opinions of others.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lightning23 For This Post:

BMJ (23rd December 2017), BongoBob (25th January 2017), ExomatrixTV (26th April 2023), gaiagirl (1st January 2018), toppy (31st January 2017)

15. Link to Post #68
    Thanks

I may have just experienced a physical-level mandela effect:

I have an old hoodie at my parents' place that used to have holes in the ellbow before my granny repaired them. Visiting today, I pulled the hoodie out, thinking about the repaired ellbows and that you can't see the holes from a distance anymore (since I sometimes wore it while shopping and would have felt foolish with huge holes on the ellbows).
    Lo and behold, the holes are not repaired, and there is no sign of anything ever being done to them. (At first when pulling it out and noticing the hole, I thought the repair-work must have come undone, but when inspecting the ellbows, I noticed that they had never been repaired...)

I considered a wrong memory, since I have another repaired hoody in the same closet, but the colours are completely different, and even before pulling it out I was thinking about the fact that the holes on this (currently unrepaired) white hoodie were mended with white tread which made them invisible, and the holes on the red (still repaired) hoodie have been repaired with white and green thread, so they're highly visible.

I'm not 100% certain and am wondering whether it's possible that I might have misremembered this somehow since my memories tend to be a bit funky, but I'm leaning to the side of a mandela effect...

EDIT:
    I just went to ask my granny, and even she remembers having repaired both ellbows on something white. (She specifically mentioned both elbows because I was showing her only one of them as I asked her about this).
    Last edited by hohoemi; 11th February 2017 at 11:14.
    Does this path have a heart?
    If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't, it is of no use.
    Both paths lead nowhere; but one makes for a joyful journey; the other will make you curse your life. - Don Juan

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hohoemi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th February 2017), BMJ (11th February 2017), DNA (18th February 2017), gaiagirl (1st January 2018), Hervé (11th February 2017), RunningDeer (11th February 2017), tequilawolfpack (28th June 2017), toppy (17th February 2017), Zampano (11th February 2017)

17. Link to Post #69
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,267 times in 241 posts

Quote Posted by lightning23 (here)
    Maybe this has been mentioned already, but I found it very interesting and wanted to share...
    Whilst I don't agree with the name of this manifestation I cannot disagree that there is something happening, the misinformation in the msm plays its part I believe as the BBC changes some of its radio news stories from hour to hour to confuse people and possibly trigger people.

For example, there was a news story last week that mentioned a political party announcing that people in the UK could no longer afford to buy and own there own homes due to price increases . An hour passes, same story but different political party is apparently the source of the news along with fitting sound bite from spokesperson.

I wish I could say this in an isolated incident but it isn't, there is a pattern if anyone pays attention.

I'm glad someone mentioned The d-wave as I remember listening to the interview below and wondered if it fitted in with the topic.

From 38.00 on maybe relevant if the small changes we are noticing are a precursor to the next stage of something, Its certainly worth a listen.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Verdilac For This Post:

BMJ (12th February 2017), RunningDeer (12th February 2017), toppy (17th February 2017)

19. Link to Post #70
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,169 times in 1,747 posts

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

BMJ (23rd December 2017), RunningDeer (18th February 2017), toppy (4th March 2017)

21. Link to Post #71
    Norway Avalon Member skogvokter's Avatar
    Thanks

A recent one: Uncle Sam’s hat TURNED White! no RED Stripes

A picture of a guy posing with a hat with stripes, and in the background a poster of uncle sam with a no stripe hat.: https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UX-l-wqTc...Walter_Botts_U

Does anyone remember uncle sam's hat had stripes?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skogvokter For This Post:

BMJ (23rd December 2017), Hervé (1st January 2018)

23. Link to Post #72
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,393 times in 3,448 posts

Perhaps the Mandela effect psyops can be summed up by the occultists constantly making a mockery of the public.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

BMJ (23rd December 2017), Icare (27th April 2023)

25. Link to Post #73
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by skogvokter (here)
    [...]
    A recent one: Uncle Sam’s hat TURNED White! no RED Stripes
    [...]
    From Jim Stone:

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (1st January 2018), Bill Ryan (1st January 2018), BMJ (8th February 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st January 2018), Icare (27th April 2023), RunningDeer (1st January 2018), sanma (1st January 2018), skogvokter (9th January 2018), thunder24 (1st January 2018)

27. Link to Post #74
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,101 times in 21,068 posts

Exclamation Re: The Mandela Effect Poll

Could "The Mandela Effect" be caused by A.I. from the Future >>> Synthetic Life Robotics having what I call: "Synthetic Consciousness" >>> Having Full Access To Multiple Secret Projects in almost all countries East & West Being HACKED by Them >>> Future Version of ChatGPT 6 or much higher ... And have something that seem "Alien Level Powers" we never can comprehend?

IF they find a way to create a "time-intervention" co-creating more parallel universes aka "multiverse" that does not necessarily mean they need a normal human to do it for them ... but something else!

Quantum Computers already use "multiverse" principles to calculate things that are beyond the speed of all "super computers combined" ... So many have no clue how profound "qubits" are. And what the consequences are if A.I. will use it for their "agenda" whatever that is.

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳

• New Breakthrough in Photonic Quantum Computing Explained!
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 26th April 2023 at 14:41.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (27th April 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4