+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Dear Future Self

1. Link to Post #1
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,332 times in 1,632 posts

Default Dear Future Self

I found this feature on Wanderlust.com today. Called "A Letter to My Future Self," it offers examples of letters written by Wanderlust staff to their future selves -- providing advice to an older version of themselves. As the author suggests, "Think of it as an exercise in self-love, a means of preserving and protecting what’s important today well into the future." I suggest it could serve as a way to help shape the future of this collective consciousness, or our current reality.

I plan on writing such a letter to my future self, the one that LadyM will evolve into 10 to 20 years from now. In it, I will include some of the hoped-for outcomes that we members of Project Avalon Forum are trying to effect. I am also considering writing one to my higher self, that version of me, or my consciousness, that has evolved across multiple lifetimes.

Here are two examples from the feature:

Dear Future Self,

Everything that has happened has lead you to this moment. Don’t change a thing. Everything worked out exactly as it should be. All the puzzle pieces fit, all the paths make sense. All the people were meant to be. All the successes and failures and heartwarming and heartbreaking moments were all worth it. No regrets. You were and are and have been and always will be yourself, and that’s what matters above all.

Dear Future Self,

I’m assuming you’re reading this on some sort of graphene screen strapped around your wrist or glued to your face. Cool! Fancy! High-tech!

Right now your life is one giant crossroads. It’s exciting. It’s frustrating. It’s temporary. I hope you have a few more things figured out by now. But I also hope you still have some questions. Keep asking them.

I’m sure you’ve got a lot going on right now, and that’s good. Just don’t lose track of what’s important, what’s worth making time for. Spend time with people you love. That’s first and foremost, always. Pick up the phone. Make some plans. Get outside, even when the couch is calling. Camp in the woods. Build a fire. Have some wine. Stay up late. Climb a mountain. Go for a sail. Trust that things will work out, or change them if you don’t like the charted course. Eat good food cooked from scratch. See live music. Travel abroad with someone you care about. Immerse yourself in a good book. Do you have kids? Raise them right. Spend time with them. Teach them how to shake someone’s hand properly. Write down your thoughts. Tell your stories. Tell others’ stories. Listen. Set goals, both lofty and reasonable. Move your body. Give back.

And never forget to be grateful. You should be oh, so very grateful.

Keep going.

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

42 (28th January 2017), Alberto e Daniela (27th January 2017), avid (28th January 2017), Bill Ryan (27th January 2017), bojancan (29th January 2017), DebJoy (28th January 2017), DeDukshyn (27th January 2017), dynamo (11th June 2018), eaglespirit (27th January 2017), Hervé (27th January 2017), Inversion (27th May 2022), Lasuh (27th January 2017), Mercedes (27th January 2017), Michi (2nd June 2019), Nasu (27th January 2017), RunningDeer (27th January 2017), Shannon (27th January 2017), sheme (28th January 2017), silvervioletrubie (30th January 2017), Star Tsar (27th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (27th January 2017), sunpaw (29th January 2017), The Freedom Train (27th January 2017), Vangelo (27th May 2022), WhiteLove (27th January 2017), wnlight (28th January 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,248 times in 32,909 posts

Default Re: Dear Future Self

Richard Bach
    recounted a fascinating true story in his wonderful autobiography, The Bridge Across Forever.
    When he was a young man, he had a vivid dream in which he met his future self, 20 years on, who was older and wiser, and who offered him advice.

Then.... 20 years later, he had another dream: but this time he found himself talking to his younger self.

It was the same dream... from the other viewpoint of his then-future self.

4. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (27th January 2017), avid (28th January 2017), Cognitive Dissident (18th February 2018), Constance (27th January 2017), DebJoy (28th January 2017), DeDukshyn (27th January 2017), Dowloader (27th January 2017), dynamo (11th June 2018), eaglespirit (27th January 2017), Ernie Nemeth (31st January 2017), Foxie Loxie (10th June 2018), Hervé (27th January 2017), Inversion (27th May 2022), Ioneo (27th January 2017), Matthew (27th May 2022), Mercedes (27th January 2017), Nasu (27th January 2017), Noelle (27th January 2017), Omni (31st January 2017), PurpleLama (27th January 2017), RunningDeer (27th January 2017), Shannon (27th January 2017), sheme (28th January 2017), silvervioletrubie (30th January 2017), Star Tsar (27th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (27th January 2017), sunpaw (29th January 2017), The Freedom Train (27th January 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

The idea of giving advice to your future self is very funny to me. It should be the other way around! I would posit that a good deal of the guidance one receives from spiritual sources is indeed from that portion of self which could be conceived of as "future".

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

This is a remarkable personal story, rather too long and complicated to recount in full.

In summary, a close friend of mine back in 2002, when she was in great distress, had the clear and vivid experience of an angelic spirit communicating with her and comforting her, reassuring her that all would be well in the end. (It was indeed, but not for a while.)

The strong experience stayed with her, and she had always wondered who or what this compassionate angelic spirit was. She had described it to me many times.

14 years later — this time last year — I was talking with her personally when she had the earthquake realization that it was HER who had reached back in time to comfort herself.

This had happened in real time, at that moment, when I was talking with her. Her reaching back in time had taken place right then as a direct result of the conversation we were having.

Emotionally overwhelmed, she recounted it all to me as it was occurring. I was closely familiar with all the events, and immediately knew that this was all completely for real.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th January 2017 at 16:03.

7. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

42 (28th January 2017), Alberto e Daniela (27th January 2017), avid (28th January 2017), Cognitive Dissident (18th February 2018), Constance (27th January 2017), DebJoy (28th January 2017), DeDukshyn (27th January 2017), Dennis Leahy (28th January 2017), eaglespirit (27th January 2017), Ernie Nemeth (31st January 2017), GaelVictor (27th January 2017), Hervé (27th January 2017), latina (27th January 2017), Matthew (27th May 2022), Mercedes (27th January 2017), Mike (27th January 2017), Nasu (27th January 2017), Noelle (27th January 2017), PurpleLama (27th January 2017), RunningDeer (27th January 2017), sheme (28th January 2017), silvervioletrubie (30th January 2017), skogvokter (28th January 2017), Star Tsar (27th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (27th January 2017), sunpaw (29th January 2017), sunwings (27th January 2017), The Freedom Train (27th January 2017), wnlight (28th January 2017)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Richard Bach
    recounted a fascinating true story in his wonderful autobiography, The Bridge Across Forever.
    When he was a young man, he had a vivid dream in which he met his future self, 20 years on, who was older and wiser, and who offered him advice.

Then.... 20 years later, he had another dream: but this time he found himself talking to his younger self.

Thank you, Bill. Sounds fascinating. I will check out The Bridge Across Forever. If you accept theories like that of Andy Clark (Extended Mind Thesis), that claim written words are extensions of the mind, then by writing in journals, memoirs or letters to ourselves we should be able to tap into that same field of information that we can access in our dreams.

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

avid (28th January 2017), Bill Ryan (27th January 2017), DebJoy (28th January 2017), eaglespirit (27th January 2017), Mercedes (27th January 2017), RunningDeer (27th January 2017), sheme (28th January 2017), Star Tsar (27th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (27th January 2017), The Freedom Train (27th January 2017), wnlight (28th January 2017)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

This is a remarkable personal story, rather too long and complicated to recount in full.

In summary, a close friend of mine back in 2002, when she was in great distress, had the clear and vivid experience of an angelic spirit communicating with her and comforting her, reassuring her that all would be well in the end. (It was indeed, but not for a while.)

The strong experience stayed with her, and she had always wondered who or what this compassionate angelic spirit was.

14 years later — this time last year — I was talking with her personally when she had the earthquake realization that it was HER who had reached back in time to comfort herself.

This had happened in real time, at that moment, when I was talking with her. Her reaching back in time had taken place right then as a direct result of the conversation we were having.

Emotionally overwhelmed, she described it all to me as it was occurring. I was closely familiar with all the events, and immediately knew that this was all completely for real.

Oh, I so resonate with this. It was a David Wilcock video presentation, I believe, that introduced me to the idea that our higher self is our future self (the end result of all our lifetimes/experiences), and serves as a guide throughout our lifetimes. However, I still believe that we interact with other beings in dream and out of body experiences, and they may guide us as well.
    Last edited by Noelle; 27th January 2017 at 16:15.

11. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

avid (28th January 2017), Bill Ryan (27th January 2017), DebJoy (28th January 2017), eaglespirit (27th January 2017), Ernie Nemeth (31st January 2017), Mercedes (27th January 2017), RunningDeer (27th January 2017), sheme (28th January 2017), Star Tsar (27th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (27th January 2017), The Freedom Train (27th January 2017), wnlight (28th January 2017)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

This is very interesting. In 1988 Jean Pierre Garnier Malet started a movement on The Double Theory of Space and Time. He stated we all have a ‘double’ who lives ahead of us and have lived every possible experience in an infinite amount of timelines. He teaches us how to reach that ‘double’ while sleeping and ask him/her about any problem we want to solve or any question we have; basically about everything. His explanations are very clear. Obviously what I am writing here is an over simplification of the theory but it is not too complicated either.
    It relates also to the concept of the doppelganger; that other “me” who exists in my future and know everything about my present self. From that perspective, we just need to contact the doppelganger or double who is in the timeline we want to know about
    There are videos on youtube from people doing that mostly in Spanish and French. A lot of people are working with that double in the future and getting answers.
    I have used this for my clients during hypnosis and it works wonderfully. Everyone of us can reach this double or we can reach our higher self, guardian angel, ascended masters, etc. (You chose which one you want to give you advice) always on the side of love and light. It can be used for healing too and it’s very powerful.
    In hypnosis sometimes I bring the client future self, the one that exist in the time-space between lives to give advice to the client on problems or the need for answers of today. It’s amazing! Dolores Cannon used this technique very often. She explains that in her book about Nostradamus.
    Now, here LadyM suggest us to write a letter to ourselves in the future. I personally find more interesting to know what myself from the future has to say about the complications of my life now because that future self has already lived and solved somehow whatever I’m living now. However I find that letter of the future self a nice reminder of how important is to live in the moment.
    Thank you for this post. Personally I find these exercises more useful than being worried about Iluminatis, Masons, governments, etc. At the end each one of us need to be working in ourselves instead of worrying about what others are doing. We all have our own path and we create our reality depending on what we entertain our minds on in every second of our existence.
    Thank you LadyM, you remind me that I need to go to back and work in myself again. Present ad future self.

13. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to latina For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (27th January 2017), avid (28th January 2017), Bill Ryan (27th January 2017), DebJoy (28th January 2017), eaglespirit (27th January 2017), Ernie Nemeth (31st January 2017), Hervé (27th January 2017), lisalu (28th January 2017), Mercedes (27th January 2017), Nasu (27th January 2017), Noelle (27th January 2017), RunningDeer (27th January 2017), Star Tsar (27th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (27th January 2017), The Freedom Train (27th January 2017), wnlight (28th January 2017)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by latina (here)
    This is very interesting. In 1988 Jean Pierre Garnier Malet started a movement on The Double Theory of Space and Time. He stated we all have a ‘double’ who lives ahead of us and have lived every possible experience in an infinite amount of timelines. He teaches us how to reach that ‘double’ while sleeping and ask him/her about any problem we want to solve or any question we have; basically about everything. His explanations are very clear. Obviously what I am writing here is an over simplification of the theory but it is not too complicated either.
    It relates also to the concept of the doppelganger; that other “me” who exists in my future and know everything about my present self. From that perspective, we just need to contact the doppelganger or double who is in the timeline we want to know about
    There are videos on youtube from people doing that mostly in Spanish and French. A lot of people are working with that double in the future and getting answers.
    I have used this for my clients during hypnosis and it works wonderfully. Everyone of us can reach this double or we can reach our higher self, guardian angel, ascended masters, etc. (You chose which one you want to give you advice) always on the side of love and light. It can be used for healing too and it’s very powerful.
    In hypnosis sometimes I bring the client future self, the one that exist in the time-space between lives to give advice to the client on problems or the need for answers of today. It’s amazing! Dolores Cannon used this technique very often. She explains that in her book about Nostradamus.
    Now, here LadyM suggest us to write a letter to ourselves in the future. I personally find more interesting to know what myself from the future has to say about the complications of my life now because that future self has already lived and solved somehow whatever I’m living now. However I find that letter of the future self a nice reminder of how important is to live in the moment.
    Thank you for this post. Personally I find these exercises more useful than being worried about Iluminatis, Masons, governments, etc. At the end each one of us need to be working in ourselves instead of worrying about what others are doing. We all have our own path and we create our reality depending on what we entertain our minds on in every second of our existence.
    Thank you LadyM, you remind me that I need to go to back and work in myself again. Present ad future self.
    Thank you, Latina. I like your suggestion too. It is absolutely mind boggling, I mean, trying to make sense of it. If, as many theorize, all of our lifetimes exist simultaneously, then can we even use terms like "past" and "future" self? Maybe it is more accurate to say our "evolved" self.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

DebJoy (28th January 2017), eaglespirit (27th January 2017), Ernie Nemeth (31st January 2017), Mercedes (27th January 2017), RunningDeer (27th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (27th January 2017), The Freedom Train (27th January 2017)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,122 times in 3,951 posts

Calling on you my future self.
    Please go back to a past me and help leave some good developmental info, info for me to have here, the me stuck in-between!

PS: you could also setup a lil Bank account for me while your there

Seriously though a good post.

Here and now, in the pages of Avalon, I send a personal invitation to you my future-self, to drop me a line, say hello.
    Send me some info on how to be a healthy, helpful me, a nudge in the right direction if you like.
    A nudge to help make you my future-self a healthier you/me.
    A nudge to help me/you make a healthier world/timeline for all.
    Yours (self) Alan.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

DebJoy (28th January 2017), eaglespirit (27th January 2017), Ernie Nemeth (31st January 2017), Mercedes (27th January 2017), Noelle (27th January 2017), RunningDeer (27th January 2017), sheme (28th January 2017), Star Tsar (27th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), The Freedom Train (27th January 2017)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,180 times in 2,653 posts

I Love this Resonating Stuff, LadyM : )

Thanks for bringing it here, now, then, again, forward forever!!!

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

DebJoy (28th January 2017), Ernie Nemeth (31st January 2017), Mercedes (27th January 2017), Nasu (27th January 2017), Noelle (27th January 2017), RunningDeer (27th January 2017), sheme (28th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (27th January 2017), The Freedom Train (27th January 2017)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Calling on you my future self.
    Please go back to a past me and help leave some good developmental info, info for me to have here, the me stuck in-between!

PS: you could also setup a lil Bank account for me while your there

Seriously though a good post.

Here and now, in the pages of Avalon, I send a personal invitation to you my future-self, to drop me a line, say hello.
    Send me some info on how to be a healthy, helpful me, a nudge in the right direction if you like.
    A nudge to help make you my future-self a healthier you/me.
    A nudge to help me/you make a healthier world/timeline for all.
    Yours (self) Alan.
    Thanks, sunny-side-up and eaglespirit! I am going to write mine over the weekend. Nothing too long. I think I will post it in this thread too.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

DebJoy (28th January 2017), eaglespirit (27th January 2017), Ernie Nemeth (31st January 2017), Mercedes (27th January 2017), sheme (28th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), The Freedom Train (27th January 2017)

22. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

Richard Bach

I have had something similar happen to myself but in full waking consciousness - I wasn't speaking to myself but I was experiencing two moments in time at different places along the timeline - and the same weird experience happened to me twice - once at the initial point along the timeline, then at again at the point that this converged with in the future. When the initial instance happened, I didn't know what was happening and was a bit weirded out out, as there was a merging of perception of both points in time but I didn't know this at at the time. I was conversing with a co-worker - the marketing manager, and older Scottish guy when the timelines merged - he saw my confusion and asked "Are you ok?" I said, "Give me minute" and I just sort of let it flow then pass. Afterwards I said "that was weird - you were just a blonde woman a moment ago - someone I didn't recognize" and he laughed at me and asked what I had been smoking. About two years later the experienced happened again - roughly the same physical location but this time I was speaking with the new marketing manager as the previous guy had left about a year before ... the new marketing manager was the blonde lady that I had seen at the first experience along the timeline.

Thinking back, this has definitely happened to me more than once in my life, but it was this incident that made me realize what was actually happening - a timeline convergence of sorts (or perhaps the suspension of the "belief" in linear time, within my mind). It is funny I was just thinking about all this before I read the OP here, triggered by the title of another thread regarding the non-linearity of time. It would have been neat to try to communicate with myself during the experience, but I didn't really get what was happening until I had had time to contemplate the whole thing after experiencing both incidences. If it happens again I think I will try
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

DebJoy (28th January 2017), Dennis Leahy (28th January 2017), eaglespirit (27th January 2017), Mercedes (27th January 2017), Noelle (27th January 2017), RunningDeer (27th January 2017), sheme (28th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), The Freedom Train (27th January 2017), wnlight (28th January 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Richard Bach

I have had something similar happen to myself but in full waking consciousness - I wasn't speaking to myself but I was experiencing two moments in time at different places along the timeline - and the same weird experience happened to me twice - once at the initial point along the timeline, then at again at the point that this converged with in the future. When the initial instance happened, I didn't know what was happening and was a bit weirded out out, as there was a merging of perception of both points in time but I didn't know this at at the time. I was conversing with a co-worker - the marketing manager, and older Scottish guy when the timelines merged - he saw my confusion and asked "Are you ok?" I said, "Give me minute" and I just sort of let it flow then pass. Afterwards I said "that was weird - you were just a blonde woman a moment ago - someone I didn't recognize" and he laughed at me and asked what I had been smoking. About two years later the experienced happened again - roughly the same physical location but this time I was speaking with the new marketing manager as the previous guy had left about a year before ... the new marketing manager was the blonde lady that I had seen at the first experience along the timeline.

Thinking back, this has definitely happened to me more than once in my life, but it was this incident that made me realize what was actually happening - a timeline convergence of sorts (or perhaps the suspension of the "belief" in linear time, within my mind). It is funny I was just thinking about all this before I read the OP here, triggered by the title of another thread regarding the non-linearity of time. It would have been neat to try to communicate with myself during the experience, but I didn't really get what was happening until I had had time to contemplate the whole thing after experiencing both incidences. If it happens again I think I will try
    Thanks for sharing this. I wonder how many of us have had similar experiences and just did not know what was happening. You mentioned "timeline convergence," and that was what I wanted to get at with the concept of our "future self," that it may be the convergence/collapse of all of our timelines into one.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

DebJoy (28th January 2017), DeDukshyn (27th January 2017), eaglespirit (27th January 2017), sheme (28th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), The Freedom Train (27th January 2017)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

Very interesting! I have had similar experiences twice in my life - each time with two different people who proved to impact my life and timeline in big ways. Each time, I was sitting with the person, and as they spoke, everything around us fell away, and I sensed and felt what looked like the environs of another planet around us - ironically, each time it was of a desert type lanscape.

When I watched the movie Cloud Atlas - the environs of the planet that Tom Hanks' future self finds himself on while telling stories around a campfire to his children looked EXACTLY like the place I had found myself while in the strage reality overlay experience I had. Both times I had this experience I was wide awake, and totally sober/straight.

Thanks for sharing this! I feel like it is putting a puzzle piece in place that I didn't even stop to think might be missing!

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

DebJoy (28th January 2017), DeDukshyn (27th January 2017), Dennis Leahy (28th January 2017), eaglespirit (27th January 2017), Noelle (27th January 2017), sheme (28th January 2017), Stephanie (29th January 2017)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

It relates also to the concept of the doppelganger; that other “me” who exists in my future and know everything about my present self. From that perspective, we just need to contact the doppelganger or double who is in the timeline we want to know about.
    Somehow I stumbled upon this man Burt Goldman and his "Quantum Jumping" work back when I was briefly aligned with Mindvalley. Totally the same thing!

http://www.quantumjumping.com/lp?PSu...&OrderID=&msk=

At the time I was in a position to afford the disc set on sale, and ended up working with it a bit. I either didn't stick with it very long, or something kept getting in the way, and I eventually stopped working with it out of frustration.

I recently watched an interview where David Wilcock mentioned that the reptilian mind control technologies are artificially delaying our awakening process. I find this to be very true, and consider their tampering to be a phenomenon that has been meddling with our fate since the beginning (Egypt, the times of Jesus, cavemen, etc). I have had numerous satori experiences that were quickly followed by dramatic and inexplicable shifts toward self loathing and crippling depression. I feel like my psychic abilities are routinely quashed. It is very frustrating.

However, having been reminded of this phenomenon, I have a mind to give it another go. I will be interested to see how the process goes now that I have learned so much more.
    Last edited by The Freedom Train; 27th January 2017 at 19:29.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

DebJoy (28th January 2017), eaglespirit (27th January 2017), Ernie Nemeth (31st January 2017), Noelle (27th January 2017), sheme (28th January 2017), Star Tsar (27th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by The Freedom Train (here)
    It relates also to the concept of the doppelganger; that other “me” who exists in my future and know everything about my present self. From that perspective, we just need to contact the doppelganger or double who is in the timeline we want to know about.
    Somehow I stumbled upon this man Burt Goldman and his "Quantum Jumping" work back when I was briefly aligned with Mindvalley. Totally the same thing!

http://www.quantumjumping.com/lp?PSu...&OrderID=&msk=

At the time I was in a position to afford the disc set on sale, and ended up working with it a bit. I either didn't stick with it very long, or something kept getting in the way, and I eventually stopped working with it out of frustration.

I recently watched an interview where David Wilcock mentioned that the reptilian mind control technologies are artificially delaying our awakening process. I find this to be very true, and consinder their tampering to be a phenomenon that has been meddling with our fate since the beginning (Egypt, the times of Jesus, cavemen, etc). I have mad numerous satori experiences that were quickly followed by dramatic and inexplicable shifts toward self loathing and crippling depression. I feel like my psychic abilities are routinely quashed. It is very frustrating.

However, having been reminded of this phenomenon, I have a mind to give it another go. I will be interested to see how the process goes now that I have learned so much more.
    Thank you! From the Quantum Jumping site:

And these other versions of you can teach you how to accomplish what they have, because they want to connect with you, see you happy, and be successful.

All you have to do is stretch your mind and imagine, what would it be like if you could take a trip and meet these other versions of yourself?

What questions would you ask them?

How could their experiences help you grow and achieve your desires?

And how dramatically could this transform your life?

Potentially good starting points for my letter to my future self.

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

DebJoy (28th January 2017), eaglespirit (28th January 2017), Ernie Nemeth (31st January 2017), Mercedes (27th January 2017), sheme (28th January 2017), Star Tsar (27th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), The Freedom Train (27th January 2017)

32. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,972 times in 4,055 posts

It's simple.

Carry the idea forward--more than twenty years for most of us, I hope--and one is addressing, the sphere of consciousness, that outlasts death and the various purgatory stages one may be susceptible to--and if one can find that sphere beyond death, and move it forward onto this side of life, you've done something priceless.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

DebJoy (28th January 2017), eaglespirit (28th January 2017), Ernie Nemeth (31st January 2017), Noelle (28th January 2017), sheme (28th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), The Freedom Train (28th January 2017)

34. Link to Post #18
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

LadyM, Do write that letter to your future self. Encourage her to continuse with the goals that you hold dear now. There may be future pitfalls that you, at this time, do not imagine. Write the letter and then listen tonight for an answer. Your future self might have learned how to communicate with you, now, by then.

I am reminded of an interesting (purely technical) opportunity I once had. In the 1970s, I was working in a very advanced laboratory that had an odd telephone system. One could leave future messages on it - presumable to ring next Monday and message a fellow worker. So, I left a message to myself for five years later. I was reminding myself of the goals I had for working there at Fermilab. Exactly five years later, the phone rang with an eary, past voice (mine) reminding me of those goals! It worked.

I believe that anything that man's technology can do, we can learn to do with our minds, our consiousness. A few years ago, I requested and succeded in being continuously connected to my higher self. It has been quite a ride! Sometimes bumpy. Whenever I start to do something not in my highest and best interest, I get a bump - or worse. Whenever I write something like this, I always ask if it should be sent.

35. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

avid (28th January 2017), Bill Ryan (28th January 2017), Constance (17th December 2018), DebJoy (28th January 2017), eaglespirit (28th January 2017), Ernie Nemeth (31st January 2017), Hervé (28th January 2017), Michi (2nd June 2019), Noelle (28th January 2017), RunningDeer (29th January 2017), sheme (28th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), The Freedom Train (28th January 2017)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wnlight (here)
    LadyM, Do write that letter to your future self. Encourage her to continuse with the goals that you hold dear now. There may be future pitfalls that you, at this time, do not imagine. Write the letter and then listen tonight for an answer. Your future self might have learned how to communicate with you, now, by then.

I am reminded of an interesting (purely technical) opportunity I once had. In the 1970s, I was working in a very advanced laboratory that had an odd telephone system. One could leave future messages on it - presumable to ring next Monday and message a fellow worker. So, I left a message to myself for five years later. I was reminding myself of the goals I had for working there at Fermilab. Exactly five years later, the phone rang with an eary, past voice (mine) reminding me of those goals! It worked.

I believe that anything that man's technology can do, we can learn to do with our minds, our consiousness. A few years ago, I requested and succeded in being continuously connected to my higher self. It has been quite a ride! Sometimes bumpy. Whenever I start to do something not in my highest and best interest, I get a bump - or worse. Whenever I write something like this, I always ask if it should be sent.
    Thank you! I am working on my letter right now. That's a great analogy, and I think you're right -- though might we say that our minds can do much more than the technologies that we create with our minds? I know that I have been in touch with my higher self as well. As I stated in other threads over the past few weeks, I have had many out of body experiences. I believe that it was my higher (or future) self that helped me wake me up to what I was experiencing. Since that awakening, it's been virtually a non-stop synchronicity ride. I also believe that much of the hope that has driven me my entire life comes from my higher self.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

avid (28th January 2017), DebJoy (28th January 2017), eaglespirit (28th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), The Freedom Train (28th January 2017), wnlight (29th January 2017)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wnlight (here)
    So, I left a message to myself for five years later. I was reminding myself of the goals I had for working there at Fermilab. Exactly five years later, the phone rang with an eerie, past voice (mine) reminding me of those goals! It worked.
    Wow !! That's a wonderful little story.

39. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (28th January 2017), DebJoy (28th January 2017), eaglespirit (28th January 2017), Noelle (28th January 2017), sheme (28th January 2017), Stephanie (28th January 2017), The Freedom Train (28th January 2017), wnlight (29th January 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast