Thread: Dear Future Self

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Dear Future Self

This afternoon I remembered a “A letter to My Future Self” of sorts. In the mid-1970’s, I made a list of goals and put it in my power bag. Years later, I found it at the bottom of the bag, aged and smeared with graphite from the #2 pencil I used.

All but one were more than accomplished. When I initially made the list, two or three would’ve exceeded my expectations: education, new car, travel to Europe, a relationship, write a book. On that day, I extended it to include: peace of mind and financial security. (relative term because of no knowledge about the manipulated economy) To get there, life took twists and turns that in no way I could’ve imagined. I’m karma and un-karma-ed completed. (including that belief system)

Like the past, I upgrade as I go along but now experience life as multi-dimensional. (work in progress) I continue to pay attention to the inner voice. The one that’s been a life long partner. The one that’s got a panoramic view.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 27th May 2022 at 17:51.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bruno (1st February 2017), eaglespirit (31st January 2017), Harmony (28th May 2022), Noelle (1st February 2017)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 times in 1,632 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    This afternoon I remembered a “A letter to My Future Self” of sorts. In the mid-1970’s, I made a list of goals and put it in my power bag. Years later, I found it at the bottom of the bag, aged and smeared with graphite from the #2 pencil I used.

All but one were more than accomplished. When I initially made the list, two or three would’ve exceeded my expectations: education, new car, travel to Europe, a relationship, write a book. On that day, I extended it to include: peace of mind and financial security. (relative term because of no knowledge about the manipulated economy) To get there, life took twists and turns that in no way I could’ve imagined. I’m karma and un-karma-ed completed. (including that belief system)

Like the past, I upgrade as I go along but now experience life as multi-dimensional. (work in progress) I continue to pay attention to the inner voice. The one that’s been a life long partner. The one that’s got a panoramic view.

Thanks, RunningDeer. What a treat to have found it after all those years. Actually, it's incredible that you understood the value of writing a letter to future self in your earlier years. I think of lot of us, if we had written such letters to ourselves, would have included similar goals and objectives. Who knew? A handful or two of people may have been talking about it, trying to get the word out, but there was no Internet back then. Pre-Internet, it's like you had to be in the right place at the right time or with the right people to begin your awakening.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Bruno (1st February 2017), Harmony (28th May 2022), RunningDeer (1st February 2017)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,402 times in 1,631 posts

Quote Posted by Noelle (here)
    I found this feature on Wanderlust.com today. Called "A Letter to My Future Self," it offers examples of letters written by Wanderlust staff to their future selves -- providing advice to an older version of themselves. As the author suggests, "Think of it as an exercise in self-love, a means of preserving and protecting what’s important today well into the future." I suggest it could serve as a way to help shape the future of this collective consciousness, or our current reality.

I plan on writing such a letter to my future self, the one that LadyM will evolve into 10 to 20 years from now. In it, I will include some of the hoped-for outcomes that we members of Project Avalon Forum are trying to effect. I am also considering writing one to my higher self, that version of me, or my consciousness, that has evolved across multiple lifetimes.

Here are two examples from the feature:

Dear Future Self,

Everything that has happened has lead you to this moment. Don’t change a thing. Everything worked out exactly as it should be. All the puzzle pieces fit, all the paths make sense. All the people were meant to be. All the successes and failures and heartwarming and heartbreaking moments were all worth it. No regrets. You were and are and have been and always will be yourself, and that’s what matters above all.

Dear Future Self,

I’m assuming you’re reading this on some sort of graphene screen strapped around your wrist or glued to your face. Cool! Fancy! High-tech!

Right now your life is one giant crossroads. It’s exciting. It’s frustrating. It’s temporary. I hope you have a few more things figured out by now. But I also hope you still have some questions. Keep asking them.

I’m sure you’ve got a lot going on right now, and that’s good. Just don’t lose track of what’s important, what’s worth making time for. Spend time with people you love. That’s first and foremost, always. Pick up the phone. Make some plans. Get outside, even when the couch is calling. Camp in the woods. Build a fire. Have some wine. Stay up late. Climb a mountain. Go for a sail. Trust that things will work out, or change them if you don’t like the charted course. Eat good food cooked from scratch. See live music. Travel abroad with someone you care about. Immerse yourself in a good book. Do you have kids? Raise them right. Spend time with them. Teach them how to shake someone’s hand properly. Write down your thoughts. Tell your stories. Tell others’ stories. Listen. Set goals, both lofty and reasonable. Move your body. Give back.

And never forget to be grateful. You should be oh, so very grateful.

Keep going.
    That's a unique idea. You can call upon your higher self.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Harmony (28th May 2022), RunningDeer (27th May 2022), Vangelo (27th May 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3