+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 6 16 18 LastLast

Thread: Oroville Dam... (California, Spring 2017 - current)

1. Link to Post #101
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,099 times in 20,640 posts

Default Re: Oroville Dam... (California, Spring 2017 - current)

Oroville Reveals Concerns About California’s 1,500 Aging Dams
    http://www.breitbart.com/california/...00-aging-dams/
    Quote by CHRISS W. STREET
    19 Feb 2017
    The Oroville Dam crisis is highlighting concerns that there are substantial risks to the integrity of California’s 1,500 regulated dams due to age and infrastructure underfunding.
    The spillway near-failure at Oroville Dam is being blamed on the “snow water equivalents” in the Northern Sierra Mountains being at 143 percent of normal average for this time of year. But the “snow water equivalents” in the Central Sierra Mountains are even higher, at 182 percent of average, and the measure for the Southern Sierra Mountains is at 192 percent.

That explains why the earthen New Don Pedro Reservoir is also at 97 percent of capacity. Holding back about two-thirds of the water as giant Oroville Lake, egineers are about to open the New Don Pedro Dam emergency spillway for only the second time in its 46-year history

The California Department of Water Resources directory of “Jurisdictional Dams” lists 50 pages. with 30 dams per page, that are on the “National Dam Registry.” About 1,250 are under the sole regulatory authority of the state, and another 250 dams are jointly regulated by the supposedly independent Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).

FERC, as an independent agency, gives the majority party in the U.S. Senate the right to appoint 3 seats, and the minority 2 seats, to four-year terms. But both FERC Republican appointees have resigned, and the 3 remaining Democrat appointees will soon be down to 2 Democrats on February 3, when Democrat appointee Norman Bay will resign. Given that it takes a minimum of 60 days to fill a seat, FERC will lack a quorum until May to make decisions for all but most serious emergency situations.

Oroville Dam, as a state-owned facility, is an example of the risk from both Democrat and Republican governors slashing infrastructure spending by 83 percent from a national high 20 percent of the state budget 40 years ago, to the nation’s second worst at 3.4 percent this year, according to a study by the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities.

The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) warned in 2013 that California has a $65 billion infrastructure investment deficit in providing an adequate level of public infrastructure for dams, waterways, airports, roads, bridges, seaports and tunnels.

ASCE warned in 2013 that “Investment in infrastructure is vital to our state’s productivity, competitiveness and economic well-being.” And in a warning that should have been heeded, ASCE highlighted in its “Infrastructure Report Card” that levees/flood control was California’s most neglected sector, earning a “D” grade.

ASCE also warned that to prevent major flooding from storms, California would need to invest “$2.8 billion per year for the next 10 years” to bring its channels, levees, dams and pumping stations up to proper condition to protect thousands of homes, businesses and critical community infrastructure.

But Breitbart News has reported that the ability of California to reverse course and start funding infrastructure is highly constrained. Gov. Jerry Brown warned in January that despite economic growth of 3.29 percent, California’s $122.8 billion budget will suffer its first deficit since 2012, as state spending has grown by 7.46 percent per year.

In the past, California could borrow tens of billions of dollars, but the state and local governments now owe $1.3 trillion for bonds, loans, debt guarantees, unfunded public employee pensions and post-employment benefits. With debt of 52 percent of GDP, “California taxpayers are shouldering debt burdens on a par with residents of peripheral Eurozone states,” according to a new report from the California Policy Center.
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (20th February 2017), BMJ (21st February 2017), Eric J (Viking) (20th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th February 2017), raregem (20th February 2017)

3. Link to Post #102
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Uh oh...

Evacuating by the Wilton Nuke plant...

Don't worry, I'm sure Rick Perry is on it...
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 20th February 2017 at 06:18.

4. Link to Post #103
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The spillway is crumbling
    Each breath a gift...

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

BMJ (21st February 2017), Eric J (Viking) (20th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th February 2017), Ivanhoe (21st February 2017), pyrangello (20th February 2017)

6. Link to Post #104
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Quote The spillway is crumbling
    It might be more accurate to state that the main spillway has been holding in that crumbled state for two days now... thanks to the slightly reduced water flow over it.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

BMJ (21st February 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th February 2017), Inversion (20th February 2017), Ivanhoe (21st February 2017), onawah (20th February 2017), seko (20th February 2017)

8. Link to Post #105
    Thanks

Now that isn't anywhere near as bad as I expected. It can be filled and patched in 12 hours...

9. Link to Post #106
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,157 times in 3,105 posts

Further info here...I think we need a little help...!

Well, it looks like the view the “sunlight reflection” of a couple days ago was really a breach in the sidewall of the main spillway. The main spillway is like a H with the main water flow groove, and a side wall on both sides to keep the water flowing down the central channel.
    If I understand what I am seeing here, up above the original “hole,” back towards the spillway top, on the left side, you had a FAILURE of some of the concrete wall sections. This allowed the water to DIVERT from the main “channel, and shift left OUTSIDE THE CONCRETE CHANNEL, AND START ERODING, DIRECTLY ERODING THE DIRT THAT IS RIGHT NEXT TO THE SPILLWAY. The situation is you now have TWO SEPARATE DOWNSTREAM WATER FLOWS: THE FIRST ONE INSIDE THE SPILLWAY AND THE SECOND ONE EXITING THE WALL BREACH AND ERODING AWAY THE HILLSIDE, OR EVEN GOING BACK UNDER THE MAIN SPILLWAY AND CAUSING FURTHER DAMAGE TO THE CONCRETE SLABS ETC.
    Yep, it is now a done deal in my opinion. The failure of the main spillway is now INEVITABLE. It will eventually fail, all the way from the sidewall breach, the one between/below the power lines, and the top of the spillway.
    The erosion undercut going back up towards the spillway top, on the left side first, a day or so ago, and IT IS LIKELY CUTTING UNDER THE ENTIRE WIDTH OF THE MAIN SPILLWAY AND WILL LIKE CAUSE A SEPARATE BREACH ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE SPILLWAY WALL.
    The whore media and politicians will spin this as best as they can, but we are going to see criminal charges out of this down the road. The failure to issue a mandatory evacuation order is an act of moral cowardice, cynical political opportunism and will destroy California for a generation. Nowski, amigo I am saying the state of Jefferson is going to be born out of this, since the hatred of the deplorables for that SCUMBAG GOVERNOR MOONBEAM HAS DONE TO THEM WILL HAVE NO LIMIT.
    The main highway/freeway is I-5 and over it comes the tens of thousands of trucks that supply the “I-5 Corridor.” The rail lines are also linked to the I-5 corridor and carry every thing the entire coastal PNW, Portland, Seattle need.
    You do have options, 101 Coastal Highway, 395 through Eastern Oregon, but they are not credible for mass truck transit.
    In my opinion, the level of economic damage to the Agriculture Industry will be massive. It is not a case where you “can’t” get citrus fruit, or fresh vegetables, it will be a case of it will cost you more to import citrus from Florida, Texas or Arizona.
    And I will say again to those of you who somehow think Governor Moonbeam is going to skate on this, especially if San Francisco Bay is full of floating corpses, it ain’t going to happen. The way the game works is the media and political whores get to do whatever they want until they screw up so bad people die. At that point, the larger system, the NWO , the globalists are quite willing to throw a mid level player like Governor Moonbeam to the howling wolves, if it will keep their butts out of the wolf pit.
    Nope, Moonbeam is road kill because the real “they” the 300 families that rule the world, won’t hesitate to slit his throat to keep the mob happy. I live with Snowflakes, Nowski and when the Snowflakes lose one third, to one half of their drinking water, they are going to chop Moonbeam into tiny pieces.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com

Further reading
    http://fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/...p?q=1487614017

Viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

BMJ (21st February 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th February 2017), onawah (20th February 2017)

11. Link to Post #107
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I saw in one report (and should have posted it then!) a diagram showing one reason why the whole dam may be in peril, that being that so much saturation of the ground in front of and under the dam can weaken the whole structure.
    That, of course, is one function of the spillways--to direct the water away from the ground immediately around and under the dam.
    So now the spillways are unable to keep the water far away enough from the dam, so that may be a big problem.
    Last edited by onawah; 20th February 2017 at 21:41.
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (20th February 2017), BMJ (21st February 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th February 2017)

13. Link to Post #108
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,537 times in 32,788 posts

For those who are interested in the real-time inflow-outflow numbers, and the dam level, here's the page:
    That's specific for right now, but it's easily updated once you open the link.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

BMJ (21st February 2017), Bob (20th February 2017), Eram (20th February 2017), fourty-two (21st February 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th February 2017), Inversion (21st February 2017), Rocky_Shorz (21st February 2017)

15. Link to Post #109
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    Don't worry, I'm sure Rick Perry is on it...
    I just had a great big chuckle.....
    Growing up in Austin, Tx. I had many opportunities to meet and greet politicians. No. I was not a politico.

I flirted with the secret service when Shrub, Jr. was packing to go to the white house. That was my first real taste of severe, underlying distrust for the citizen. It was subtle but, it was different than my normal. Although, he (secret service guy) seemed a bit confused as I drove around the mansion several times, winking at him. Then, he gave a small grin finally, so I left.

I was also introduced to Perry as he was going into the mansion and as Governor of Texas. He so happened to punch me (as he was introduced to me) in my arm. Well he tapped the right place on my torn rotator cuff that it was painful. I was surprised that he greeted me with an arm punch but, I equally surprised the (hmm hmmmm) "secret service agent" by punching Perry back on his arm.
    I no longer take it for granted that we can be relaxed and normal and maybe silly.

Back to the problem at hand....the dams breaking.
    Does anyone have a website address for all USA dams and their ages? Also, nuclear plant sites-across the world or USA? If, I have missed them on this thread my apologies. No need to bite me, please.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (20th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st February 2017), Rocky_Shorz (21st February 2017)

17. Link to Post #110
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,438 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    For those who are interested in the real-time inflow-outflow numbers, and the dam level, here's the page:
    Here's a link that seems to bring up whatever is the most current Oroville dam level: http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=ORO

When the level reaches 900 feet, it overflows the "emergency", aka "auxilliary" spill way. Now the level has been lowered just below 850 feet (the "RES ELE FEET" column), in preparation for the incoming rains.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (20th February 2017), Bill Ryan (20th February 2017), BMJ (21st February 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st February 2017), Inversion (21st February 2017), onawah (20th February 2017), raregem (20th February 2017)

19. Link to Post #111
    Thanks

Can someone copy this post over to the Fulford thread? This is my kick in the balls of the elite trying to make water the new controls now that oil is about to become a thing of the past

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    I have the answer to pay for all these dam repairs, open a State owned bottling center for water and beer from fresh spring water.

Add some permanent jobs to the area and money to always keep the dam in shape

Maybe Nestle's will donate their Dam water facility. For all the cavities they've caused, they should be ready to help fill a few...

I tweeted Trump asking him to help me put it together.

All I want is a California Rocky Shorz Red...

I have a filtering system that can take fracking sludge and make it clean enough for the CEO of the project to drink it...

Run Mountain Spring Snowflakes through it and it will be the best in the world...

How many breweries in California use recycled toilet water, we got this...
    I want California known for the best Dam Beer in the world... 😉
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 21st February 2017 at 00:11.

20. Link to Post #112
    Thanks

Recent update on the current problems at the dam

Update on recent rain conditions, perfect break over Oroville...

This quake swarm is west of Orville, actually good news to have it away from the dams

Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 21st February 2017 at 04:44.

21. Link to Post #113
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Those last couple of links don't appear to be working, but here is fairly current coverage--evacuation is in process, I THINK--it's hard to tell what is really current on these youtube pages.

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Here's a link that seems to bring up whatever is the most current Oroville dam level: http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=ORO

When the level reaches 900 feet, it overflows the "emergency", aka "auxilliary" spill way. Now the level has been lowered just below 850 feet (the "RES ELE FEET" column), in preparation for the incoming rains.
    Last edited by onawah; 21st February 2017 at 14:52.
    Each breath a gift...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

BMJ (21st February 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st February 2017), raregem (21st February 2017)

23. Link to Post #114
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,438 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Those last couple of links don't appear to be working, but here is fairly current coverage--evacuation is in process, I THINK--it's hard to tell what is really current on these youtube pages.

I'm confident that that video is not live, but from several days ago. The "2/21/17 LIVE STREAM" label seems bogus to me.

This link, http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=ORO, continues to work fine for me, showing that the current water level is now 851.35 feet, as of 58 minutes ago.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

BMJ (21st February 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st February 2017), Hervé (21st February 2017), onawah (21st February 2017), raregem (21st February 2017)

25. Link to Post #115
    Language
    English
    Thanks

That link http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=ORO is still not working for me, but I agree, the date on that one is bogus that says evacuation is in progress again. Very frustrating, and very common on youtube now that the dates are wrong.
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)

I'm confident that that video is not live, but from several days ago. The "2/21/17 LIVE STREAM" label seems bogus to me.

This link, http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=ORO, continues to work fine for me, showing that the current water level is now 851.35 feet, as of 58 minutes ago.
    Last edited by onawah; 21st February 2017 at 15:06.
    Each breath a gift...

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

BMJ (21st February 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st February 2017), Hervé (21st February 2017), ThePythonicCow (21st February 2017)

27. Link to Post #116
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Lake level with water flows in and out:

http://rdcfeeds.redding.com/lakelevels/oro.cfm

"La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (21st February 2017), BMJ (21st February 2017), Foxie Loxie (21st February 2017), onawah (21st February 2017), peggy englebrake (21st February 2017), ThePythonicCow (21st February 2017)

29. Link to Post #117
    Thanks

7.25 earthquake is the Max California dams were built for?

So the big one hits here collapsing 1500 dams and energy transfers across to the Madrid fault line and takes out 30 nuke plants, putting them into meltdown...

No worries, Rick Perry will pull out his Batman costume and save the day...

30. Link to Post #118
    Thanks

If you see a video with water coming over the spill wall give it a thumbs down, if they show a full spillway, thumbs down.

Try not to share anything that isn't current within 4 hours.

YouTube is absolutely worthless on current events unless you know what you are looking for.

The Travelocity gnome got blown up to the north pole last night...

Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_13318-wv-l(3)-1757269215.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	35001

Current...

31. Link to Post #119
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

Joseph Farrell's recent post:

REVISITING THE OROVILLE DAM STORY

He lists several articles and theories:

**The first category of theory concerns the maintenance of the Oroville dam, which does indeed appear not to have been maintained at the highest level.

**Governor Brown (aka Gov.Moon Beam) is - you guessed it - blaming the potential failure of the dam on "global warming," not poor maintenance and certainly not on "deliberate action" of other types:

**Another version, which implicates the state governor in some activity displacing local sheriffs and their responses to the situation

**Article, from the Sacramento Bee, another find by Mr. V.T., points out that the dam's maintenance manual is outdated, and based on weather patterns from fifty years ago

**Oroville Dam sabotage aimed at destroying Californian economy

**LA Times article, points out the governor allegedly had state officials investigate the oil drilling potential on some of his personal property in northern California, which the second link, a private post, alleges is near the dam:

for more: https://gizadeathstar.com/2017/02/re...lle-dam-story/

NOTE: The videos on the website are Not current
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (21st February 2017), Inversion (21st February 2017), onawah (21st February 2017)

33. Link to Post #120
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 times in 285 posts

Dahboo's research shows asks......

What is causing this RADAR anomaly at Orville Dam ?

Just as with 'Liquifaction ', sink holes, 911, and other utilisation of DEW's, are they weakening this dam...... slowly ?

The 'general public ' would easily accept saturation as the cause...
    Last edited by Frenchy; 21st February 2017 at 22:33. Reason: ' saturati[o]n ! sp !

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frenchy For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (21st February 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd February 2017), onawah (21st February 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 6 16 18 LastLast