+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to manifest (and the mistakes that many people make)

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks

Default Re: How to manifest (and the mistakes that many people make)

Thanks Bill, for a beautiful post. Some wonderful reminders and great tips.

For me, the feeling and emotion around what we choose to manifest is SO key. Plus having that single-focus too. Sometimes, I find myself "imagining" my desired outcome for a few minutes, and then I realize that my thoughts during the rest of the day were the opposite - guess what played out?

I have found it helpful to make sure my desires and my actions are congruent (aiming for the same thing), and to be willing to do the work, to do my part. When I was searching for the "love of my life", I wrote down and imagined all the wonderful qualities he would have, then I looked to myself to see if I was the type of person that would attract those qualities to me (and made some changes), and then I proceeded to meet and greet many, many people! I had decided ahead of time, that whatever it would take, I would do it - and that I would enjoy the process - turned out it was great fun to meet many guys, find out "what made them tick", even though none of them were "The One". And I kept going, and ENJOYING the process, and keeping that all-important feeling of what it would be like to LOVE being with "The One."

And I found HIM. I told my husband later, that he had been 1 in a 1,000. He said, "Don't you mean, 1 in a million?" And I replied, "No, literally, you were 1 in a 1,000 - I kept a spreadsheet

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DebJoy For This Post:

angelfire (22nd February 2017), awakeningmom (22nd February 2017), betoobig (23rd February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Debra (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), Justplain (23rd February 2017), kirolak (23rd February 2017), Omi (22nd February 2017), penn (23rd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,080 times in 3,095 posts

Quote Posted by betoobig (here)
    I like to know if there is problem with sharing this widely. Thank you
    Everyone needs to know how our minds create...and how our minds have created...thus manifested.

We are all co-creators. Alchemy is a powerful tool to suppress or expand our potential.

I am sure Bill won't mind anyone spreading this far and wide.

Thanks again Bill.

Viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

betoobig (23rd February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), DebJoy (22nd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), Omi (22nd February 2017), Sunny-side-up (23rd February 2017), TargeT (22nd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

Practicing Art trains the consciousness in this way, how to visualize what you are about to create is key before its brought into 3d..I would be almost certain this is at the Crux of no real artistic/creation being at the forefront of education..as a matter of fact its been stamped out quite frankly..

Poor starving artists...this is what you get! <-------sarcasm

To me, Potency with ones heart is a key component in manifestation as well, I suppose that goes with the feeling part Bill mentioned..but the emotion must be genuine -real in passion
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

betoobig (23rd February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), DebJoy (22nd February 2017), Debra (23rd February 2017), Ewan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), kirolak (23rd February 2017), Omi (22nd February 2017), Sunny-side-up (23rd February 2017), TargeT (22nd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member sanma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    I have been totally bombarded with bad stuff - it is like trying to swim in mud - finding a good thought in my mind or even if I try to meditate, there is so much trouble around me that that is all I can think of!! It is very very hard to find a positive in here - any suggestions for when a person is in this position?
    I've been told that it's much easier to manifest MORE of something you already have (like getting a car to highway speed is easier if it's already in first gear rather than trying to start from a dead stop) and that anything you might want already exists in some form in your life, if your understanding of "exists" is flexible enough, including memories and fiction and even inanimate objects.

It's worth the effort to search for how the desired thing is already present also because that is practice in recognizing it; sometimes that's even the whole problem, that one has somehow not been open to recognising/receiving what's desired even though it's all around.

One success I had (which might be classed as "personal development" more than manifestation but I don't think there is a firm line between them) was when I realized how unhappy it made me to fret and worry about the very real problems I was in the midst of. I couldn't find the quality that I wanted within myself (that was the problem!) but I could identify it as being personified by one or more characters (don't remember exactly) played by Cary Grant in his comedy movies. Just focusing as vividly as possible on the memory of this fictional person, his enthusiastic approach to life and the casual humor with which he reacted to the desperate dangerous situations in which he found himself, that was enough to bring MORE of that insouciance into my life and now miraculously it IS part of my own attitude, so much so that people sometimes comment on it.

I'm not suggesting that cary grant is what YOU need, just that you identify exactly what you need *emotionally* and how you already have at least some tiny bit of that particular experience (the smile of the man who sells your newspaper?, the serenity of your teapot?, the joy of a game you loved to play in childhood?) and THEN ask for more.

Also for very practical "how to" I've appreciated the books of Esther Hicks who is much more low-key than the uber-hype of the current generation of manifestation "experts". I think it's her first book Ask and It Is Given
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1401904599
    that has a whole chapter at the end with what she calls processes, ie methods or exercises one of which will be well suited to your particular situation. Which reminds me that one concept she discusses is what she calls the emotional scale, with hopelessness at the bottom and joy at the top and anger, frustration, contentment etc on intermediate steps between. An analogy I found especially useful is that it's very hard to get up the whole staircase in a single jump directly from hopelessness to joy, or to even imagine doing so, but usually it's not hard to go up one or two steps at a time eg from hopelessness to anger or from contentment to joy, so it's most efficient to work on going to the next step upward from where you are now.

Hicks also stresses the effectiveness of appreciation is maintaining a vibration conducive to manifestation. The appreciation need not be related to what you want to manifest. No matter how bad things are you can find SOMETHING to appreciate.
    For all that has been, thanks. For all that shall be, yes! ― Dag Hammarskjöld

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sanma For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), kirolak (23rd February 2017), penn (23rd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 times in 189 posts

Quote Posted by viking (here)
    Yep...Germaine would be proud of you Bill.... [St Germaine...the master of Alchemy]

I'm trying hard to visualize you eating your hat...but still nothing. ;-]

Viking
    You might've astrally heard me practicing today for an upcoming performance of the music by St. Germain. Thanks for tuning in, very nice to feel your presence.

Maybe I'll try visualizing Bill munching on his hat too, and see what happens. Who knows, maybe it'll manifest in a surprising way..!

Thank you so much for this thread, Bill. It's so beautifully written about manifesting what one's soul wishes to have. I whole-heartedly agree about the angels helping us, from my own experience of literally being saved my life.

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    You do a TWIN visualization
    Sometimes I wonder how I would feel if I were to choose a similar path that my identical twin sister has chosen for her life's path. I get the impression from her that she thinks the same, and subconsciously implies her thoughts onto her daughter. Our mother seems to notice this and finds it intriguing to see how things manifest for us in the long run.

Lots of thoughts on how to manifest.
    I wish everyone good manifestations through love, peace and kindness.

Blessings♡
    Last edited by Omi; 23rd February 2017 at 00:42.
    Remember that all is One. -Edgar Cayce

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Eric J (Viking) (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), kirolak (23rd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

This is the best moment to remind everyone about NEVILLE and his teachings... to make this short I'll describe an example similar to one from his books:

Let's say you want to buy a bigger house with a specific list of requirements (including price) so every night before falling sleep you would visualize the house you want -it doesn't have to be a very detailed image nor going through every single requirement as this is already in your mind-consciousness. You would imagine just ONE SINGLE scene such as you standing on the living room and let's say your spouse coming out of the kitchen as s/he says: How do you like your knew house? And you say: I love it, it's absolutely perfect, just as I imagined it! You could just stop at "I love it, it's perfect!.

The idea is to imagine JUST the end of your wish fulfilled in the shortest way that includes some kind of action or situation that you would have when your wish has already come true.

Another example: you want a promotion on your job so you visualize that a co-worker meets you in the corridor and he says: Congratulations! You deserve it! And you say: Thank you, I'm delighted... or something like that.

According to Neville there's no need to visualize details which is something difficult to do, just go to the end and imagine something you would do or say AFTER your desire has been fulfilled.

A way to get the feeling you need to manifest which is one of gratitude or satisfaction, go to your mind memory bank and remember a moment in your life where you have felt this kind of feeling... if you have children, think of the moment you saw them for the very first time... the love... the gratitude... and remember the scene before you start your visualization, pay attention to the energy in your chest and heart, feel it, remember it, you can remember the feeling and then apply it to the scene you have created in your imagination.

Another examples of feelings you can bring forth could be when your child has made you really proud and your are bursting in your chest... when you have been in love... your wedding day looking at your wife or husband... feel the feeling again and again until you can feel it almost at command... it's there... you have felt it before, we all have... right after you play the scene in your mind, feel the feeling of gratitude and say thank you until you fall asleep or replay the scene as many times as you want. You can have some kind of reminder close to you (like a picture) that helps to bring the feeling to your chest several times a day... you'll feel happily pregnant with something... just don't tell nobody, it's your secret.

It's always important to have another person on the scene you have created as the other person is there to corroborate and confirm that the thing you wish has already happened.

I hope this explanation is clear enough... if it's not, please ask... or start listening or reading NEVILLE right away, there's plenty of it on the internet.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

awakeningmom (23rd February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), kfm27917 (5th November 2019), kirolak (23rd February 2017), Patient (23rd February 2017), penn (23rd February 2017), sanma (23rd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

Neville's Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T33C0YAdF3U

I forgot to mention something really important: You need to see the scene you're visualizing FROM your eyes, NOT as if you are looking at yourself or the other person from a distance, not like a movie... it has to be from your eyes as you see the world around you...
    Last edited by cloud9; 23rd February 2017 at 00:27.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), kirolak (23rd February 2017), penn (23rd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,263 times in 2,725 posts

hi Bill, most of what you wrote is true but to me biggest part of it is inspiration. So the question that I am trying to solve is; why do we lose inspiration as we grow older? you see all those techniques you mentioned and more that you havent will come about automatically when there is inspiration. The bigger the inspiration the bigger things you can achieve. so may I suggest to find something that inspire you and not just manifest on just anything you meet down the road.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), johnf (23rd February 2017), kirolak (23rd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,563 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    why do we lose inspiration as we grow older?
    Well, not everyone does! But when that happens, and it's not through our bodies starting to wear out, it's because of the accumulated weight of unfinished business in our lives.

Unfinished business weighs us down like lead boots when we're trying to swim.

Here are the kinds of things that adds to the load...
    • Failed projects
    • Failed relationships
    • Disappointments
    • Failed personal goals
    • Losses
    • Mistakes made but not rectified
    • Hurts to and from others
    These tend to accumulate as the years pass, of course. Children don't usually have all that stuff. Many adults, by the time they're middle aged, have a ton of it.

Energy isn't entirely to do with age — at all. It's what we DO with our lives that makes the difference.

The opposite set of things invigorates, energizes and empowers us...
    • Success
    • Wonderful friends and relationships
    • Hurts healed, both ways
    • Accomplishment, pride, achievement, a sense of purpose.......

18. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (17th December 2020), avid (23rd February 2017), awakeningmom (23rd February 2017), betoobig (23rd February 2017), Charles Harris (23rd February 2017), David Ansible (25th February 2017), Debra (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), Innocent Warrior (23rd February 2017), johnf (23rd February 2017), kfm27917 (5th November 2019), kirolak (23rd February 2017), Magnus (23rd February 2017), Napping (23rd February 2017), Omi (23rd February 2017), penn (23rd February 2017), Richard S. (24th February 2017), RunningDeer (23rd February 2017), sanma (23rd February 2017), Sunny-side-up (23rd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

19. Link to Post #30
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Deleted post, I didn't like it anymore, was feeling depressed and defeated.

Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 16th March 2017 at 16:59.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

betoobig (23rd February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Billy (23rd February 2017), Ewan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), Justplain (23rd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,259 times in 1,414 posts

Here's a humorous story about manifesting not quite right from the spring of 2015.

I can't remember the exact date, but i had been trying positive thinking (for material gain) as outlined in the book ‘the secret’. I had been wishing for a million dollars, to help feather our nest for retirement.

I use a cellphone banking app, so that morning i was looking at our investment accounts when i suddenly noticed an entry for two million dollars. I was agast until i quickly noticed that a mortgage we had lent ourselves out of my retirement savings investments account, where it showed as a mortgage asset, had been mistakenly listed with the decimal point two columns to the right of where it should have been. We had recently moved and the old mortgage asset had been discharged, and the new mortgage asset had been booked incorrectly.

I had a good laugh with the service rep at the investment broker when i jokingly asked them if i could sell the mortgage at its current face value. They corrected the misplaced decimal so the mortgage asset now appeared as 20k.

I had a good laugh with my wife that the spirit guides had had fun poking humor at my wishful thinking to become rich, sending the message not to use our divine abilities for extravagant, unneeded material gain. Thanks for the humorous lesson!

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

betoobig (23rd February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), Innocent Warrior (23rd February 2017), kfm27917 (5th November 2019), penn (23rd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Well, not everyone does! But when that happens, and it's not through our bodies starting to wear out, it's because of the accumulated weight of unfinished business in our lives.

• Failed projects
    • Failed relationships
    • Disappointments
    • Failed personal goals
    • Losses
    These tend to accumulate as the years pass, of course. Children don't usually have all that stuff. Many adults, by the time they're middle aged, have a ton of it.

Energy isn't entirely to do with age — at all. It's what we DO with our lives that makes the difference.

• Success
    thats an interesting perspective i havent look into. thanks a lot

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

betoobig (23rd February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,259 times in 1,414 posts

Hi Innocent Warrior, i believe forgiveness is a very effective way to initiate healing of deep wounds. It may be difficult to do, but it is one of Jesus's teachings that has survived the test of time.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

betoobig (23rd February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Buzzie (23rd February 2017), Ewan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), Innocent Warrior (23rd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Innocent Warrior (here)
    Bill, what if the hurt won't heal? What if I've been consistently betrayed throughout my life and it's got too heavy, like I couldn't possibly live long enough for this hurt to heal? I have finally learned and I won't be hurt from any betrayal again but there's so much damage done. I won't go into why, my energy is depressing enough lately (sorry about that btw, I'm going to take a break from the forum though) but suffice to say I've worked with myself with this long enough now to be aware of the gravity of this pain. Can I counteract it with success? My only success is stuff that has no application in the world, so I'm going back to uni, completely changing my job, so I can at least feel useful. Would that sort of thing work?
    i know this is an unsolicited advice but nevertheless i will try to help. right now we are on similar situation not that i am terribly down but because i am on the process of making adjustments. As i have mentioned inspiration is the key ingredient to a pleasant experience. aside from what Bill suggested i am looking into; love. being in love with someone or something. loving what i do certainly brings about inspiration. if this is true then we come full circle to the ever simple advice "find something you love" or maybe "if this is your last day what would you do?

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

betoobig (23rd February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), Innocent Warrior (23rd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

Quote Posted by betoobig (here)
    @Kirolak: One man was studing prayers trhough out the world and he highlighted an Indian Elder who wanted to pray for rain, the elder told him he was going to do the prayer, so the man stood there silently with note book and pencil, holding on to the moment, then the elder turned back and said "let´s eat something i am hungry, The man astouningly asked "What did you do" The Indian answered " i imagined myself happyly jumping on the puddles" within 3 days rain came.
    I guess that you´ll need to add "for the wellbeing of all" and if it is posible more people do it at the same time it will be stronger/faster
    Thank you, Betoobig. . . yes, I do actually add the well-being of all the plants, animals & others who are suffering from lack of water.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

betoobig (23rd February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,080 times in 3,095 posts

Just a thought...try listening to Rakoczy march by liszt whilst meditating...if it's too heavy try the Waltz's by Straus...

Viking
    Last edited by Eric J (Viking); 23rd February 2017 at 07:27. Reason: spelling
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

betoobig (23rd February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), Omi (23rd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

33. Link to Post #37
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,961 times in 900 posts

within the 'user programable' parameters of the 'reality' ...
    we all manifest at all times, most people are not aware that they are doing it...
    if you are in a negative space you will manifest failiure, shortage and suffering.... 'its all going wrong' manifests come about as well as positeve ones...
    be careful what you wish for...

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

betoobig (23rd February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), Justplain (23rd February 2017), TargeT (23rd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

35. Link to Post #38
    New Caledonia/ Australia/ Munich, Germany
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kirolak (here)

BTW does anyone know of a way to manifest rain in drought stricken areas? I am not having any success!
    I could help with that, I am usually very lucky with weather.
    Love and Light

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

37. Link to Post #39
    Australia Avalon Member Napping's Avatar
    Thanks

• Failed projects
    • Failed relationships
    • Disappointments
    • Failed personal goals
    • Losses

• Success
    Completely agree with this post.

I think this is partly why my fortunes, or I should say my attitude/work ethic/focus/optimism/creativity/playfulness have been reborn since the birth of my children. They have such a natural vitality and appreciation of life that just being in their presence every day has made me remember what it was like to truly believe I could be something great. The accumulated failures and let downs, mostly from my own choices i.e. taking the easy road, no longer feel like they weigh me down.....I see them and feel them, but don't own them anymore.....instead of perceiving them as a weight, I'm alchemically converting them as a fuel.

The long and short of it is, thanks to my children, I've got my groove back and I'm working HARD....and loving it. One of the things Bill didn't mention is the good old saying that the harder you work the luckier you get. Most people who find true success (money, self fulfilment etc) are willing to exert effort that others aren't. This requires discipline, perseverance and and unfettered belief that through perseverance and consistency the desired destination is not only possible, its inevitable.

but....

it all comes back for me, to shaking off the accumulated weight of unfinished business in our lives

For me the catalyst was my kids....for others it might be a guru.....for others again, it might be the concentrated gaze at a flower in the garden.

Life is beautiful.....

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Napping For This Post:

awakeningmom (23rd February 2017), betoobig (23rd February 2017), Bill Ryan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), penn (23rd February 2017), The Freedom Train (23rd February 2017)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,568 times in 524 posts

Interesting thread. Thanks Bill Looks like I'm on the right track to doing something I wasn't trying to do! (sort of) I just try to be the best person I can be, and I guess that leads you to doing all of the above. Lots of mistakes along the road, but that is what makes it special.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 7alon For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast