+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 10 11 LastLast

Thread: What's happening in Sweden?

1. Link to Post #181
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,548 times in 32,791 posts

Default Re: What's happening in Sweden?

I copied the above post over from the WW3/Ukraine thread. It belongs there as well, but this is clearly a major event in Europe.

I welcome all comments that are better informed than mine! But it seems to me, from what I feel I know, that this is a bigger-than-expected push-back from what the media will call 'the right' against major Swedish issues of genuine concern like immigration, law and order, and (maybe... can anyone confirm?) support for NATO and Ukraine.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (14th September 2022), avid (14th September 2022), Brigantia (14th September 2022), Ewan (4th March 2023), Harmony (15th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), kudzy (15th September 2022), Michel Leclerc (14th September 2022), mountain_jim (16th September 2022), Ravenlocke (14th September 2022), Tintin (15th September 2022), Violet3 (14th September 2022), Yoda (14th September 2022)

3. Link to Post #182
    Sweden Avalon Member silver birch's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I copied the above post over from the WW3/Ukraine thread. It belongs there as well, but this is clearly a major event in Europe.

I welcome all comments that are better informed than mine! But it seems to me, from what I feel I know, that this is a bigger-than-expected push-back from what the media will call 'the right' against major Swedish issues of genuine concern like immigration, law and order, and (maybe... can anyone confirm?) support for NATO and Ukraine.
    Well, people are tired of stupid politicians, and dream of a little more intelligent leaders. Which probably is just a dream.
    Ever since Olof Palme left, Sweden has been a lapdog for USofA, with extensive cooperation with Nato.
    We had planes in the air when Libya got slaughtered, and we have planes over the present war in Khazaria.

The stupidity of the present "application for membership" just before a major fullterm vote, is staggering. We are producing very good weapons and aircraft,
    and do not need anything from USofA. It is IMHO more of a sugar injection into the military's christmas-sock.
    Our national security is diminished as Russia will have to move more weapons closer to our and Finland's borders.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to silver birch For This Post:

avid (14th September 2022), Bill Ryan (14th September 2022), Brigantia (14th September 2022), Ewan (21st December 2022), Harmony (15th September 2022), Ivanhoe (21st December 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Michel Leclerc (14th September 2022), mountain_jim (16th September 2022), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Ravenlocke (14th September 2022), Violet3 (14th September 2022)

5. Link to Post #183
    Thanks
    Thanked 98,679 times in 9,596 posts

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rms-her-defeat

Sweden’s Prime Minister Resigns as Full Vote Tally Confirms Her Defeat

Social Democratic leader says will step down early on Thursday Election authority set to confirm victory by opposition bloc

Swedish Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson conceded defeat and announced she will resign as surge in support for a nationalist party helped the right-wing opposition win one of the closest elections ever in the largest Nordic country.

Andersson -- who became the nation’s first female prime minister last year -- told reporters in Stockholm that she will submit her resignation early on Thursday.

The announcement came as the country’s election authority was about to release the full vote count from Sunday’s election. Gains by anti-immigrant Sweden Democrats played the key role in the narrow victory of the opposition bloc led by Moderate Party leader Ulf Kristersson over the incumbent and a loose coalition supporting her Social Democrats.

Read More: Swedish Nationalist Set to Take His Party From Pariah to Power

“If Ulf Kristersson’s alternative doesn’t hold, I am ready to lead,” Andersson said, adding that she has no plans to step down as leader of the Social Democrats. “Sweden will be only one or two votes away from a government crisis,” she said.

Kristersson, 58, is slated to lead a government with support from a very slim majority in parliament, like the one Andersson governed with, which has led to several tumultuous years in Swedish politics.

The latest in global politicsGet insight from reporters around the world in the Balance of Power newsletter.
    The Moderate leader has started talks with three parties that backed his candidacy, including the nationalists -- who are now the country’s second largest political force after the Social Democrats. With voters anxious about a gang-fueled crime wave, the Sweden Democrats vowed to “make Sweden safe again,” by introducing longer prison terms and reducing immigration to a minimum. The opposition also pledged to build new nuclear plants.

“I am now starting the process to form a new, forceful government for all of Sweden and all citizens,” Kristersson said in a Facebook video. “There is a large frustration in society: fear over violence, worries about the economy. The world is very uncertain and the political polarization have become too large, even in Sweden.”

The main obstacle facing Kristersson as he seeks to take over Andersson’s job is to square differences between the Sweden Democrats and the much smaller Liberals, who seek to keep the nationalists as far as possible from power.

While the Sweden Democrats garnered more votes than the Moderates, Kristersson remains the top candidate for the premiership, as a government led by nationalist leader Jimmie Akesson would be opposed by a majority in parliament.

“The Swedish people have voted for change,” Akesson said in a Facebook post. “The process to make Sweden nice again starts. It is time to start rebuilding the safety, welfare and cohesion. It is time to put Sweden first.”
    "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
    - - - - Emily Elizabeth Dickinson. 🪶💜

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Alecs (14th September 2022), Bill Ryan (14th September 2022), Brigantia (16th September 2022), Ewan (21st December 2022), Harmony (15th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (14th September 2022), Michel Leclerc (14th September 2022), mountain_jim (16th September 2022), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Violet3 (14th September 2022)

7. Link to Post #184
    Thanks
    Thanked 98,679 times in 9,596 posts

https://www.rebelnews.com/swedish_pm...ist_opposition

Swedish PM announces resignation following defeat to nationalist opposition

Magdalena Andersson recently admitted that the country's immigration policies are a failure.

Swedish Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson has announced her resignation after conceding defeat to the opposition, which surged in the polls thanks to nationwide support for a nationalist party.

Andersson, who was appointed Sweden’s first female prime minister in 2021, said she intends to submit her official resignation on Thursday.

“If Ulf Kristersson’s alternative doesn’t hold, I am ready to lead,” Andersson stated, referring to the leader of the opposition bloc. She noted that she intends to continue her position as the leader of the Social Democrats. “Sweden will be only one or two votes away from a government crisis.”

Andersson previously admitted that the country's immigration policies had failed. She later pledged to dismantle the country's ethnic ghettos in response to growing uproar over the surge in crime stemming from the migrant-dominated communities.

Her announcement comes as the country’s election authority is set to release the full vote count from the national election, which took place on Sunday. A surge in popularity for the anti-immigrant Sweden Democrats propelled the opposition bloc, led by Moderate Party leader Ulf Kristersson, Bloomberg reported Wednesday.

The opposition party garnered massive support from Swedes tired of the country’s ongoing violence in cities, which has been largely attributed to the Scandinavian nation’s lax immigration policies.

“I am now starting the process to form a new, forceful government for all of Sweden and all citizens,” Kristersson said in an announcement published on social media. “There is a large frustration in society: fear over violence, worries about the economy. The world is very uncertain and the political polarization have become too large, even in Sweden.”

Following Andersson’s defeat, Kristersson currently stands as the top candidate for prime minister as a government led by nationalist leader Jimmie lesson would likely see strong opposition from other members of parliament.

“The Swedish people have voted for change,” Akesson said on Facebook. “The process to make Sweden nice again starts. It is time to start rebuilding the safety, welfare and cohesion. It is time to put Sweden first.”

https://twitter.com/NixinWolf/status...42842583908352
    "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
    - - - - Emily Elizabeth Dickinson. 🪶💜

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th September 2022), Brigantia (15th September 2022), Ewan (4th March 2023), Harmony (15th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Michel Leclerc (14th September 2022), mountain_jim (16th September 2022), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), Violet3 (14th September 2022)

9. Link to Post #185
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,208 times in 747 posts

Thank you Mike. (By the way, it is Michel and not Michele (which is either the Italian version or a remnant of the Beatles' "Michelle") – in my case it is the French version of the name, which is quite frequent in France (less so in Belgium), and refers to the Archangel, as is also the case for your Christian name. As a result of my being called Michel and not Michele, I am a man of the male sex.)

You are making a real point and are certainly mostly right and my sarcasm in my posting to Autumn was probably not so well-advised. However, when we consider the essence:

the issue at hand is not about language as it goes beyond language (as Autumn B points out), but is nevertheless also about language (as I pointed out in my little story about my Arabic speaking co-patient) because this impossibility or inability or refusal to communicate through language is in itself a lack of readiness or wish or desire to communicate at all.

Whenever there is such “impossibility/inability/lack of desire” there is in fact a major problem.

Feeding a patient is not just stuffing food into their mouth, it is also communicating with the patient at a high level. Think of feeding a baby – how would that be possible without what is common called "love" and what we may define as "absolute readiness to communicate as fully/deeply as possible"? Now exactly like it is the baby-feeder’s responsibility to make that feeding/eating/communicating “game” as communicatively rich as possible, it is the nurse’s responsibility (…) towards their patient. Insufficient language skills AND MORE IMPORTANTLY failing desire to love – NOT "failing communication skills” as the departments of “Human Resources” (i.e. programmable meat resources) phrase it or, more terribly still: “failing communication competences” — but failure to extend love to a person – and HENCE failure to talk “the Other’s language” — is the issue.

If I may be personal: it has been my whole life, and still is to an extent, my profession to teach (= to advise how to learn) communicating with people through language. Belgium is one of those multilingual countries where communication situations involving two or more languages are very frequent. (In the Brussels commune of 50,000 where I used to live 180 different languages are spoken.) My message to my clients as well as to my neighbours has always been: unless you show that you love the other person (=desire to communicate with the other person) enough for you to take the trouble of learning and trying to say a number of maybe 50 expressions which show your goodwill you will run into tense exchanges. (And those utterances should not necessarily include the customary "could you show me the directions for the city center please" but focus on the communicative aspect.)

I have to admit that at least two structural proposals to address those issues which my consulting company made to authorities have remained unsuccessful. In the 80s I defended publicly the idea that the Education authorities should open a new top-level “humanities” track for adolescents: next to a Latin-Greek track, a Latin-Mathematics track, a Latin-Science track, a Modern Languages-Science track and a Modern Languages-Economics track we advocated creating a Latin-Arabic track. That way adolescents from North African families would right from the start of their lives have learnt that their host countries valued the culture of their origins. I will not detail all the false arguments voiced by the comptetent authorities in order not to have to follow that road. It was – and is – their intent not to do so.

Another proposal was that in all the highly diverse primary school classes one of the class projects would be that from as many languages as possible spoken by the kids of a given class a number of basic “communication-oriented” utterances would be taught by the very kids who spoke the language as a mother-tongue to their class mates. Not only the school management proved against it because of the “complex logistics” but also the parents (!) who did not want to “overburden” their kids with extra things to learn (although obviously the idea was not to have examinations for such a project) and/or who were afraid (!) that their kid-as-a-little-teacher would get hostile reactions from the other schoolmates.

The average human, alas, is constantly looking for getting as much as possible out of “society” in exchange for investing as little as possible into it.

It is not that the average human doesn’t want to LOVE; it is that the average human wants NOT TO LOVE. (“If I can get love for no-love: great!“)

The crisis in the Swedish hospitals is definitely the result of non-communicative attitudes on both sides (patient and nurse) that also pass through language.

Imagine what an effect it would have on the Syrian nurse if the patient greeted them in the morning with a sabâh al kheyr and thanked with a shukran. He and she would do their utmost to say the Swedish sentences as correctly as they can – and with a smile that opens hearts.

In our lives we never stop learning. Learning by adopting part of the Other’s culture so that all good qualities of humanness may start flowing freely – what better occupation could we have?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th September 2022), Ewan (4th March 2023), Harmony (15th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (15th September 2022), pounamuknight (8th February 2023)

11. Link to Post #186
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,109 times in 8,176 posts

STATE OF SWEDEN

Part 2

Source: https://www.rumble.com/video/v18h1vx/?pub=4
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Alecs (15th September 2022), Alekahn2 (28th September 2022), Annica (24th September 2022), avid (15th September 2022), Ba-ba-Ra (15th September 2022), Bill Ryan (15th September 2022), Ewan (4th March 2023), Harmony (15th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), pounamuknight (24th September 2022)

13. Link to Post #187
    Thanks

The first 4 or 5 minutes of this new video present a summary of the Swedish change in government, which may be useful to non-Swedish members here. What happened was quite a major thing for the country.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (16th September 2022), Brigantia (16th September 2022), Ewan (4th March 2023), fifi (21st December 2022), Harmony (16th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), mountain_jim (16th September 2022), Peace in Oz (18th September 2022), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), TomKat (16th September 2022), Vicus (16th September 2022), Yoda (16th September 2022)

15. Link to Post #188
    Thanks

STATE OF SWEDEN ( it's more like a beginners guide to Kakistocracy than a geopolitical study - it's everywhere)

Part 3

Source: https://www.rumble.com/video/v18h02k/?pub=4
    Last edited by norman; 23rd September 2022 at 11:22.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Alecs (23rd September 2022), Alekahn2 (28th September 2022), Bill Ryan (28th September 2022), Ewan (4th March 2023), fifi (21st December 2022), Harmony (23rd September 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Pam (20th December 2022), pounamuknight (24th September 2022), thepainterdoug (28th September 2022)

17. Link to Post #189
    Thanks

STATE OF SWEDEN ( it's more like a beginners guide to Kakistocracy than a geopolitical study - it's everywhere)

Part 4

Source: https://www.rumble.com/video/v18gyhf/?pub=4

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Alekahn2 (28th September 2022), Annica (8th October 2022), Arcturian108 (20th December 2022), Bill Ryan (28th September 2022), Ewan (4th March 2023), fifi (21st December 2022), Harmony (23rd September 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Pam (20th December 2022), pounamuknight (24th September 2022)

19. Link to Post #190
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,486 times in 420 posts

A bomb just went off where I live!
    At midnight I sat in my kitchen in the apartment where I live with my wife and 3 kids. Just before bedtime suddenly a loud boom goes off. I quickly hit the street to see what happened. A whole Front door to a nearby apartment house is totally blown away and the smoke is thick in the lush quiet park surrounding the house. I start to think: this is so unreal! We live in a VERY quiet and protected part of Stockholm, kind of like the Shire in the Hobbit. Of course im shocked by the whole thing. I still am. This is what I grew up hearing Beirut, Mexico or Lebanon was like. The whole week post the Swedish election has been like all time high with nationwide really violent crime, a few murders and 3 bombs in a probably drug related gang war.

But the most shocking realization came when I returned home and realised that my son 16 years old where supposed to sleep over at his friend 3 stairs over the explosion. I thank whomever protecting him above, that he and his friend was not passing through that door when the bomb went off. I wont sleep tonight. Many thoughts and a few glasses of wine to calm the nerves.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	307960602_1703073040074475_1274161886592145051_n.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	49644Click image for larger version

Name:	308412692_1775024409557281_2070454672730096074_n.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	49645

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Metaphor For This Post:

Alecs (24th September 2022), Annica (8th October 2022), Bill Ryan (24th September 2022), Brigantia (24th September 2022), Ewan (21st December 2022), Harmony (24th September 2022), Ioneo (28th September 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (24th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (24th September 2022), onawah (24th September 2022), Pam (20th December 2022), Peace in Oz (24th September 2022)

21. Link to Post #191
    Thanks

Part 5

Source: https://www.rumble.com/video/v18gx1d/?pub=4

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Alekahn2 (28th September 2022), Annica (8th October 2022), Bill Ryan (28th September 2022), Ewan (4th March 2023), Harmony (29th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), wondering (21st December 2022)

23. Link to Post #192
    Thanks

Part 6

Source: https://www.rumble.com/video/v18gvv6/?pub=4

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Alekahn2 (28th September 2022), Annica (8th October 2022), Bill Ryan (28th September 2022), Ewan (21st December 2022), Harmony (29th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), thepainterdoug (28th September 2022)

25. Link to Post #193
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

gonna do my best to watch em all. saw some of no 6 ive seen some of those clips on orwell.city and La Quinta lab.

crazy

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Alekahn2 (28th September 2022), Bill Ryan (28th September 2022), Ewan (21st December 2022), Harmony (29th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023)

27. Link to Post #194
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    gonna do my best to watch em all. saw some of no 6 ive seen some of those clips on orwell.city and La Quinta lab.

crazy
    "State of Sweden" is an unfortunate title choice, for the vast majority of potential viewers worldwide who may think it's got nothing to do with them and never watch it.

It's got everything to do with us all, and it is urgent priority sharing material. It will show where we are in peril and also show why we all have a lot of catching up to do on how far short of being truly civilised we have fallen, globally. We have sleep walked into being a part of the creation of a thrive and justice vacuum the criminals engineered both ends of, the long time coming crisis AND the solution, theirs. Evil genius.

STATE OF SWEDEN

In six parts

trailer
    https://rumble.com/v1bup1t-trailer-state-of-sweden.html

https://rumble.com/v1b39x6-state-of-...pt.-1-new.html

https://rumble.com/v1b37tp-state-of-...pt.-2-new.html

https://rumble.com/v1b360c-state-of-...pt.-3-new.html

https://rumble.com/v1b34f7-state-of-...pt.-4-new.html

https://rumble.com/v1b32z5-state-of-...pt.-5-new.html

https://rumble.com/v1b31sy-state-of-...pt.-6-new.html

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Annica (8th October 2022), arwen (8th February 2023), Bill Ryan (28th September 2022), Brigantia (28th September 2022), Ewan (21st December 2022), Harmony (29th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Pam (20th December 2022), pounamuknight (8th February 2023)

29. Link to Post #195
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,979 times in 1,342 posts

I've watched two episodes and have had to leave it for a bit as it's stomach-churning content that shows how far this country has sunk that everyone thought in the past was orderly and... well... 'nice'. Evidently they've paid the price for not realising that they had fifth columnists in their midst.

That said, I will watch it in its entirety; it's essential viewing as it's obvious that the seeds of this corruption of society are in every European country - and further afield too. I'm in complete agreement with you norman when you say:

It's got everything to do with us all, and it is urgent priority sharing material.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Alecs (20th December 2022), arwen (8th February 2023), Bill Ryan (28th September 2022), Ewan (21st December 2022), Harmony (29th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), norman (28th September 2022), Pam (20th December 2022), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), wondering (21st December 2022)

31. Link to Post #196
    Thanks

Sarah Westall - State of Sweden, Immigrant Chaos Coming to Your Town, Humanity is Winning but War is not Over (1of2)
    55 minutes Posted Sep 29, 2022

SHOW NOTES
    Humanity is winning, but the war is far from over. Swedish journalist, Ingrid Carlqvist, joins the program to give a warning to the world from Sweden, the Globalist playground for the New World Order. She explains how Sweden has been used for decades as a testing ground for what is to come. We also discuss how people have become fed up and have been pushing back and throwing out governments. Wins are happening all over the world, but the fight is far from over. You can watch the documentary series "State of Sweden" at https://rumble.com/user/StateOfSweden

Part 2
    Sarah Westall - State of Sweden, Immigrant Chaos Coming to Your Town, Humanity is Winning but War is not Over (2of2)
    Last edited by norman; 1st October 2022 at 16:00.

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Alecs (20th December 2022), arwen (8th February 2023), Ba-ba-Ra (20th December 2022), Bill Ryan (21st December 2022), Brigantia (29th September 2022), Ewan (21st December 2022), Harmony (29th September 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), rgray222 (21st December 2022), wondering (21st December 2022)

33. Link to Post #197
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,021 times in 2,189 posts

My beloved Sweden, a country that I lived in for years is no more. It has been so radically changed for the worse that it is doubtful that it will ever return to a safe, healthy, peaceful environment. Unfettered and unvetted immigration without making immigrants learn the language or assimilate is a five-star recipe for destruction.

34. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Alecs (20th December 2022), arwen (8th February 2023), avid (20th December 2022), Ba-ba-Ra (20th December 2022), Bill Ryan (21st December 2022), Brigantia (20th December 2022), Ewan (21st December 2022), Harmony (9th February 2023), Isserley (20th December 2022), Ivanhoe (21st December 2022), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Orph (20th December 2022), Pam (20th December 2022), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), wondering (21st December 2022)

35. Link to Post #198
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,021 times in 2,189 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Sarah Westall - State of Sweden, Immigrant Chaos Coming to Your Town, Humanity is Winning but War is not Over (1of2)
    55 minutes Posted Sep 29, 2022

SHOW NOTES
    Humanity is winning, but the war is far from over. Swedish journalist, Ingrid Carlqvist, joins the program to give a warning to the world from Sweden, the Globalist playground for the New World Order. She explains how Sweden has been used for decades as a testing ground for what is to come. We also discuss how people have become fed up and have been pushing back and throwing out governments. Wins are happening all over the world, but the fight is far from over. You can watch the documentary series "State of Sweden" at https://rumble.com/user/StateOfSweden

Part 2
    Sarah Westall - State of Sweden, Immigrant Chaos Coming to Your Town, Humanity is Winning but War is not Over (2of2)
    The fight for Sweden's soul was actually a test run for the USA and the rest of the world. It is not too late to turn things around but it would be a monumental task at this stage.

36. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Alecs (8th February 2023), arwen (8th February 2023), avid (21st December 2022), Bill Ryan (21st December 2022), Brigantia (21st December 2022), Ewan (21st December 2022), Harmony (9th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Matthew (8th February 2023), Peace in Oz (22nd December 2022), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), ronny (21st December 2022)

37. Link to Post #199
    Thanks

This article was published by The Daily Telegraph 6 days ago:
    Sweden has become a gangster’s paradise – and a case study in how not to integrate migrants

In this 10-minute video published today, Alexander Mercouris addresses this.

Sweden focuses on NATO as economy, law and order declines

38. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (8th February 2023), arwen (8th February 2023), avid (8th February 2023), Brigantia (8th February 2023), Ewan (9th February 2023), Harmony (9th February 2023), Icare (9th February 2023), Jambo (9th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Matthew (8th February 2023), pounamuknight (8th February 2023), rgray222 (9th February 2023), Strat (8th February 2023), Violet3 (9th February 2023), wondering (8th February 2023), Yoda (9th February 2023)

39. Link to Post #200
    South Africa Avalon Member arwen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,495 times in 653 posts

The bloody death of a liberal dream: After throwing open its borders to 2million migrants, DAVID JONES investigates how Sweden has been left with an underclass of alienated teenagers, a murderous gang culture and gun crime that's spiralling out of control

Quote On a bitingly cold morning in Stockholm, two days ago, I stood among 200 mourners in a Muslim cemetery, set in a magnificent pine forest.

They had come to bury a 15-year-old Afghan boy who had been shot dead, allegedly by a gangster of the same age.

Yet as his coffin was lowered into the frozen ground, it seemed to me that we were also witnessing the death of Sweden’s great multi-cultural dream.

Brought to this famously hospitable country three years ago, to escape the impending return of the Taliban, it appears that Ali Shafaei is the latest victim of a vicious war being waged largely by child gangsters from Sweden’s migrant sink-estates.

Among Swedish politicians, the precise causes of this internecine conflict may be a matter for debate.

Quote Yet even those on the liberal Left now grudgingly agree that they are rooted in the country’s disastrously failed immigration policy — which in recent years opened Sweden’s borders. Some 2 million immigrants (20 per cent of the entire population), now live in Sweden, often from the most troubled parts of Asia and Africa — and the country failed to plan for the immense difficulties of integrating them into society.

Many of the offspring of these migrants have morphed dangerously into a lost generation who are effectively stateless.

Though they were born here, many don’t feel remotely Swedish, yet have no allegiance to their parents’ homelands, either. Their alienation and discontentment smouldered for several years.

But in recent weeks it has erupted with a terrifying upsurge in ultra-violent gang crime and, with its hand-wringing justice system, which many feel prioritises young offender’s rights over those of their victims, Sweden evidently has no fix.

Twenty years ago, gun crime was almost non-existent here. Today, the grisly murders we see in Scandi-Noir TV series are no longer fictional. Sweden is awash with real-life crime podcasts, documentaries and books.

Coming soon to Sweden’s cinemas (after special screenings for police chiefs, politicians and criminologists) is Bullets, a docu-drama about a 12-year-old Egyptian boy who lobs a grenade at a police car after being lured into a gang.

In Stockholm alone, 52 gangs are vying for control of the burgeoning drugs trade, according to a recent police report, and they are becoming ever more ruthless.

Last year, the country saw 63 fatal shootings. In the UK, whose population is six times the size of Sweden’s, there were 35 in 2021. This cradle of liberalism is, along with Croatia, the most trigger-happy nation in Europe.

Since Christmas, the spree has reached epidemic proportions in the capital, with 30 shootings and bombings, four of them fatal. Half the suspects are aged under 18.

Elegant Stockholm, hitherto known for its Scandinavian splendour and gentility, is now redolent of Al Capone’s Chicago.

The crisis is so serious that, this week, scores of extra police officers were drafted in from other cities and billeted in hotels. I have watched them blitzing the most notorious crime areas and raiding buildings for weapons and drugs.

Last night, three more people were shot in Fittja, south of Stockholm, an area with high levels of immigration and crime.

And as buildings are randomly sprayed with machine gun fire — a new gangland tactic designed to scare rivals and show strength — it seems only a matter of time before more people are killed.

The youngest boys to have been arrested are aged just 13 and 14. Caught after a car chase through the city streets, they had with them semi-automatic weapons.

Some child gang members reportedly even carry explosives in their school thermos flasks. A police officer tells me that boys aged nine are groomed to serve as street corner lookouts, and to hide drugs and guns.

Videos posted online capture the audacity and ruthlessness of these Swedish Bugsy Malones.

Where once the shooting and bombing was confined to a few, ghettoised estates ringing the city, it has now spread to more affluent parts.

One jaw-dropping film, captured for bravado on an accomplice’s mobile phone, shows a masked boy stalk into an apartment block, in a smart residential area, and pepper a door with 15 rounds from an AK-47 machine gun, neither knowing nor caring who might be behind it.

He was apparently sending a warning to a celebrated Swedish rapper whose ex-girlfriend had lived in the flat (some rap artists have been accused of inflaming the gang rivalry and encouraging youths to join them by glamorising their lifestyle).

Another film, recorded by a security camera, shows an alleged ‘hit boy’, of Armenian extraction, brandishing a pistol as he bursts past a terrified female receptionist in an up-market city-centre fitness club.

Quote Seconds later, gunfire rings out from the gym downstairs and the brazen teenager makes his escape.

Mercifully, we don’t see the body of his victim — a 54-year-old man who courageously tackled the boy, preventing him from assassinating his true target, and paid with his life.

The alleged killer, then aged 16, is currently on trial.

Among the many innocents caught up in this madness is Cristina Bilfeldt, 54, a respectable, Cuban-born chiropodist.

She tells me she was awoken, a few nights ago, by what she took to be someone banging loudly and insistently on the door of her stylishly furnished flat in the northern Stockholm suburb of Husby.

Not realising this was the sound of a machine gun, she ventured into the corridor. Thankfully, the shooting had by then stopped and the bullets only pierced a suitcase that she’d left behind the door.

Since Ms Bilfeldt and her twin sons, both university students, are upstanding citizens, police assume her home was also mistaken for that of a gang member.

The murder of 15-year-old Ali Shafaei was no accident, however.

His story serves as a parable for Sweden’s fatally flawed experiment with untrammelled immigration.

Let’s start with some history. During the late 1960s and early 1970s, when Swedish industry boomed, more workers were needed in Stockholm and other major cities such as Uppsala and Lund. They, in turn, required accommodation.

The solution was the ‘Million Programme’. Hailed as the most ambitious housing programme the world had seen, it saw the building of a million new homes in the outer suburbs: mixed communities for the white and blue-collar classes.

Ironically, the centre-Left government declared that these new neighbourhoods would help to create ‘Good Democratic Citizens’.

However, the identikit flats were so small and unattractive that Swedish families moved out as soon as possible, to be replaced by migrant families.

Quote In 2015 alone, 163,000 refugees were admitted to the country, the most sizeable number from war-torn Syria.

But there are tens of thousands of Iraqis, Iranians, Afghans, Somalians, Turks, Slavs, plus almost 140,000 Finns, who have been migrating to Sweden for decades.

The inability, or unwillingness, of many newcomers to assimilate into Swedish culture, adopt its values and learn its language has ghettoised many of the Million Programme estates.

A similar housing policy created the grim banlieu suburbs that surround Paris, marginalising the mainly North African immigrants consigned there. Yet the Swedes failed to heed France’s mistake.

Frida Bergqvist, a former social worker who helped families in Rinkeby-Kysta, one of Stockholm’s blighted suburbs, witnessed the depressing consequences. She has been told of flats where the children of large families slept on the floor. Schools in these areas are often substandard, she claims, youth unemployment is sky-high, and though the welfare system is famously generous, poverty is rife.

While Sweden, as a state, opened its arms to incomers, she also saw many Swedish individuals as less than welcoming. This fostered an ‘us-and-them’ atmosphere of mistrust and stigmatisation.
    The rest of the article available here

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to arwen For This Post:

Alecs (20th February 2023), Bill Ryan (11th February 2023), Brigantia (11th February 2023), Ewan (12th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), pueblo (11th February 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 10 11 LastLast