+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A meditation sequence

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

Default A meditation sequence

I've been meditating daily after my morning yoga. (I've been doing the Tibetan five rites yoga for about seven months now)

After the rites are done and you are breathing normal, sit on your mat or chair and have a play with getting into the meditation mindset with this sequence...

The meditation proceeds in 4 parts that I am using. The first two parts are the same every day, 3 is adlib, 4 is supposed to be very little intentional input as this is more normal meditation and your mind is meant to be as silent as you can get it.

1) -----Expression of my vision-------------------------

I live in a world where each person takes full responsibility for each thought, action, word and deed.

I live in a world where each person lives in harmony with themselves, with each other self and with the planet, her nature and all her creatures and kingdoms

I live in a world with no tyrants or troublemakers

I live in a world that expresses pristine beauty, vitality and glory

I live in a world where the truth is known by all

For the highest and best good of all.

2) ------------------------------------------------------------

I am human becoming, help me to become

They are humans becoming, help them to become

We are humans becoming, help us to become one

3) ------------------------------------------------------------

{ insert your personal requests here, these are an "appeal" or "prayer", and are specific requests for help, self help, help for others - here are some I am using for the moment. All is one, but we appeal to those outside ourself who will help, its a way of thinking that can be helpful even though you may have a lot of faith that all is one }

I usually precede with : thankyou for all the help you have given me
    - please continue to help me with my relationship with xxxxx
    - please continue to help me with my friendship with xxxxx
    - please help me tap deeper into my core wisdom so that I may be more effective rendering service to myself and others

4) ---------------------------------------------------------------

Silent meditation

That's it.

Background notes:

1st part) I made this up. It includes some feedback from here and there. The "for the highest and best good of all" is on the advice of George Green's Handbook for a new paradigm, and I use it wherever there is a suggestion that I may be attempting to influence or change things. This is a general condition I place to ensure no harmful accidental outcome could arise from my innocent intent.

[Update: I added the "I live in a world where the truth is known by all" when contemplating the US election in Nov 2020 where it was plain the truth is very much not known]

2nd part) The first "I am human becoming, help me to become" is straight out of the handbook for a new paradigm as I remember it. The second and last variants I made up because the first part seemed overly self centered. After I did the second variant, the third line came with inner guidance. I had the idea, my inner guides liked it and told me to post this on the forum. I've delayed that, but am sick of them nagging me each day when I hit stage 4

3) This is prayers basically. Self help or otherwise. I recommend not forgetting that conditional line at the end. The "Thanks" part is not hard to forget because as soon as I started this, the help came to me in the strangest and most staggeringly effective ways. I am forever thankful for the help that I was and will be given.

4) Standard meditation. By the time you get here, you have swept a lot of the daily fuss out of your mind and meditation is a bit easier - works that way for me anyway.

AMA

(Updated in 2/Jan/2020 - if you are interested in the context of why, see here )
    Last edited by Anchor; 29th November 2020 at 11:34. Reason: omit "make it so", added the 5th line to part 1 "truth"
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Alekahn2 (15th March 2017), Ankle Biter (16th March 2017), Axman (15th March 2017), Blacklight43 (15th March 2017), EFO (2nd December 2020), Eric J (Viking) (16th March 2017), fourty-two (18th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th March 2017), JChombre (16th March 2017), Lunesoleil (29th November 2020), meeradas (15th March 2017), Mike (15th March 2017), PurpleLama (9th January 2021), ramus (15th March 2017), RunningDeer (30th December 2018), sandy (16th March 2017), Sojourner (15th March 2017), sunwings (15th March 2017), Violet3 (16th February 2021), Wind (16th March 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Default Re: A meditation sequence

Thank you so much for posting this, Anchor, I shall refer to it often!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Anchor (16th March 2017), EFO (2nd December 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Your post above Anchor is why I have paid attention and respected your opinion always.... Good stuff!!
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

Anchor (16th March 2017), EFO (2nd December 2020), Foxie Loxie (16th March 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

I like it, a lot. Can you relay anything about your experience with the 5 Rites?

I would add a few minutes up front to entrain the brain to enter a slower wave state. Perhaps you already do that naturally.

Does the use of the word becoming leave you in a state of wanting? What if you changed from becoming to being? Giving thanks as if the desire was already occurring? (see my signature)
    Last edited by conk; 16th March 2017 at 17:31.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Anchor (16th March 2017), EFO (2nd December 2020), Foxie Loxie (16th March 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Can you relay anything about your experience with the 5 Rites?
    It was Mrs Anchor's idea. She started them first and was encouraging me to give it a go for almost a year before I did. I saw the positive effects on her certainly.

Eventually I read the book by Peter Kelder and it convinced me. I started in the recommended manner, except I jumped right in at 21 for the first rite, but for the others I started with 3 of each one day per week, then 5 then 7 etc. I stopped at 13 for a while as that was a resistance point for me and my body took longer to adjust to more. Eventually I made my way up to the 21 for all of them.

My bodies posture has improved - one of the main goals I had. Weight has dropped off me. My sex drive got so much (compared to what it was before) it actually started to be annoying, but then after about 3 months that readjusted to normal amounts. I have experimented with the 6th rite but that has not worked out too well for me - not sure I am committed to the requirements of that rite.

I had odd phases where I was "running energy" through my body in massive amounts - especially my legs - and it was distracting but again that settled down after a while. Some days I felt like I was walking on clouds!

Now its all balanced out, I have a lot more energy at my disposal. I feel fitter now at 53 (ish) than when I did 10 years ago.

I would add a few minutes up front to entrain the brain to enter a slower wave state. Perhaps you already do that naturally.
    I don't actually know. I have no basis for comparison here, but I find that the rites take about 12-15 mins and they are not to hard for me now. I started to tack on the meditation afterwards once I was able to get through them all and not be too wrecked after finishing them

Does the use of the word becoming leave you in a state of wanting?
    No.

I would say that there is "acceptance". Acceptance of the choices I have made that resulted in incarnation in the manner in which I am incarnated currently.

What if you changed from becoming to being? Giving thanks as if the desire was already occurring? (see my signature)
    (Conk's signature reads currently: "The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza" )

I am aware that time is an illusion. The non-quantum based distinction between the cause and effect in a time based illusion does mean that there is a need to draw a distinction between the becoming and being - at least at the lower waking states of consciousness. That is to say, I understand that "being" tends to suggest a state of awareness that has transcended the illusion of time so is perhaps a goal.

Becoming is the transition from human to super-conscious state and it is hard work, hence, help is requested.

I am thankful for the help I have been given.
    Last edited by Anchor; 29th November 2020 at 11:34.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

conk (20th March 2017), EFO (2nd December 2020), fourty-two (18th March 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I have updated the sequence to include "I live in a world where the truth is known by all"

I hope I live to see that world, or at least its emergence.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

EFO (2nd December 2020), Harmony (29th November 2020), Wind (29th November 2020), Zirconian (29th November 2020)

13. Link to Post #7
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,391 times in 1,199 posts

👉 The five Tibetan exercises 👈

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Anchor (29th November 2020), EFO (2nd December 2020), Harmony (25th September 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,445 times in 1,007 posts

-one almost individual sequence
    An effortless presence or a spontaneous individual introverted presence, as I might call it, but it's more than that.
    It is the state in which the attention is not focused on anything in particular, but is fixed on it - calm, carefree, stable and introverted. We can also call it "awareness without choice" or "pure existence", the moment is great, a monument of the presence.

Most of the meditation advices you will find, talk about this state. In fact, this is the real purpose behind all methods of meditation and not a kind of meditation itself.
    Trivial maybe, but not at all not taken into account, it would be a kind of state (in my case) when I put a "demented" lack of effort, by writing, or when I fry two eggs in a pan,
    maybe with music in headphones.
    All traditional meditation techniques recognize that the object we focus on and even the process of monitoring are only means of training the mind, so that we can discover the inner peace maintained effortlessly, as well as the deeper states of consciousness.

For me it is an effective method of "meditation" that does not require training, because I do not want access.
    I really want to, to want nothing, and efficiency is expressed by implying non-involvement through dynamism in stillness, an effortless focus on nothingness seeing everything.

Finally, I feel as if in the middle of the ocean surrounded by elements of time, both the object on which we focus and the process itself are left behind, leaving only the real self of the "void", as the "pure presence" of the heart.
    This is just a sequence.
    And all this to be just human.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Anchor (8th December 2020), EFO (9th December 2020), Harmony (25th September 2022), Wind (9th December 2020), Zirconian (8th December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread