+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Cathars: Gnostic Catholic Opposition in the Middle Ages

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,041 times in 911 posts

Default Re: The Cathars: Gnostic Catholic Opposition in the Middle Ages

Zoroastrian.

Zoro, the hero who combated colonial oppression, and looked good doing it.

That t.v. show was not a coincidence, as weren't the movies of the same name.

Many things are hidden in language, if we only look and listen to the connections hidden in plain sight, and sound.

There are so many cross references in language, culture, history, travel and the battles for the heart of humanity.....
    All waiting to be re-discovered..

I often hesitate to write because so many things are obviously connected and being so, I see some of my writing as juvenile, even pedestrian.... But it is best to start off just walking.

I hold back, waiting for others to join in, as I know, quite factually, that some here on Avalon have so much to share....

It is the method of all who wish to control others to hide those connections,

And it is our way to rejoin those things that were separated....
    Last edited by Hym; 4th May 2021 at 05:41.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (4th May 2021), Bill Ryan (4th May 2021), Delight (4th May 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), jaybee (5th May 2021), pueblo (4th May 2021)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,041 times in 911 posts

And, Many Thanks to you D-Light for posting all of the stories....!!!!!
    I see many connections, especially in my understanding of sacred languages.

Since we have been studying and discovering the history of the Vikings in South America at around the same time that the Cathars were thriving in the south of France....

The next question, the next discovery is....

Are there many connections between these two, outside of becoming the target of colonial catholicism and it's long history in suppressing not only the fair trade of any competition,

But of being absolutely and literally diabolical in suppressing the more essential connections to the possibilities of dynamic self discovery, alive in the deeper spiritual and historical connections from even before the Essenes, The Ones connected to the Essence.

Whenever the dominating class of politically religious factions, especially the Papa'L ones, sense the presence of an essential truth that leads to individual spiritual growth, and the accompanying courage it always generates.......................

They go out of their way to suppress the receptive power of the divine feminine....the one that listens and learns.....and whose expression is much more impactful, whether it comes from a woman or a man....

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (4th May 2021), Bill Ryan (4th May 2021), Delight (4th May 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), jaybee (5th May 2021)

5. Link to Post #23
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 times in 159 posts

Quote Posted by Journeyman (here)
    You may enjoy a wander through this site: https://www.cathar.info/cathar_whoswho.htm
    Thank you so much for this! I will forward it to my friend, as a particular section will be especially relevant to her!!

(By the way, I've ordered Arthur Guirdham's "The Cathars and Reincarnation". This whole thing is fascinating!)

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anna70 For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (4th May 2021), Bill Ryan (4th May 2021), Delight (4th May 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), Hym (4th May 2021), jaybee (5th May 2021), pueblo (4th May 2021)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

This extraordinary and classic work of deep research contains a very great deal about the Cathars. It's quite some rabbit hole, but is highly highly recommended.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (6th May 2021), Anna70 (4th May 2021), Bassplayer1 (4th May 2021), Delight (4th May 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), Hym (4th May 2021), jaybee (5th May 2021), Mark (11th May 2021), pueblo (4th May 2021), wegge (4th May 2021), Yoda (4th May 2021)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Old Student (here)
    Recommend a book, In Search of Zarathustra, by Paul Kriwaczek. Lots of information about the Cathars, the Albigensian Crusade and other groups all around Europe starting in Roman times that had ties back in some way to the Zoroastrians.
    Here's the book:

https://projectavalon.net/Paul_Kriwa...arathustra.pdf

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (4th May 2021), Delight (4th May 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), Hym (4th May 2021), jaybee (5th May 2021), Mark (11th May 2021), pueblo (4th May 2021), Yoda (4th May 2021)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

Wow, thank you, Bill! I'd heard of that book before, but never got round to reading it.

Edit: Wow, and another one, thank you! I'll go and excavate my e-reader!
    Last edited by Anna70; 4th May 2021 at 11:50.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anna70 For This Post:

Antagenet (10th May 2021), Bassplayer1 (4th May 2021), Bill Ryan (4th May 2021), Delight (4th May 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), Hym (4th May 2021), jaybee (5th May 2021), pueblo (4th May 2021), Yoda (4th May 2021)

13. Link to Post #27
    Canada Avalon Member Bassplayer1's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,046 times in 264 posts

I'm sitting here, sipping coffee and I'm halfway through watching this talk and I'm loving it! This woman gives her fascinating account of her journey and research into The Cathars.
    There's lots of lovely info here. She talks about her travels across France and what she learnt talking to many of the folk who feel in their hearts that they are reincarnated Cathars that burnt in the fires and have returned.

I don't want to get sidetracked here, but last night I was wondering about Dolores Cannon and her Three Waves of Volunteers work. I'm not saying that the possibility of returning Cathars are the Three Waves - the timing doesn't fit, but I wonder if there's a similarity in terms of these people being here on this planet and this desperate time, to shine their light? Perhaps I'll find out more as I carrying on watching ...

Anyway, back on topic, enjoy ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aid_mKZz6ns

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bassplayer1 For This Post:

Anna70 (4th May 2021), Bill Ryan (4th May 2021), Delight (4th May 2021), Harmony (4th May 2021), Hym (4th May 2021), jaybee (5th May 2021), Mark (11th May 2021), pueblo (4th May 2021), Yoda (4th May 2021)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

I am pretty sure that duality must be resolved to unity at a larger context. However, I do not know why that seems so true? In thinking about what has been "done" under the name of unity, where it denies individuality, that also seems so true. I am feeling tired, my mind seems muddles when trying to understand what is "true" about "the state we are in". I have felt very uplifted by ideas I hold concerning resolution of PARADOX that seems the only constant in this world.

Once or twice, a little while ago, I thought I was getting a grasp on my POV. The more I learn, the less I know. HOWEVER, I KNOW what happens every day when I hold LOVE in my heart for those around me. They feel it and it seems a bubble of good is right there between us. So, I will hold that thinking is irrelevant to what is important.

Quote Holy Blood Holy Grail

A nineteenth century French priest discovers something in his mountain village at the foot of The Pyrenees which enables him to amass and spend a fortune of millions of pounds. The tale seems to begin with buried treasure and then turns into an unprecedented historical detective story - a modern Grail quest leading back through cryptically coded parchments, secret societies, the Knights Templar, the Cathar heretics of the twelfth and thirteenth centuries and a dynasty of obscure French kings deposed more than 1,300 years ago. The author's conclusions are persuasive: at the core is not material riches but a secret - a secret of explosive and controversial proportions, which radiates out from the little Pyrenees village all the way to contemporary politics and the entire edifice of the Christian faith. It involves nothing less than... the Holy Grail.
    Last edited by Delight; 10th May 2021 at 00:43.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Anna70 (10th May 2021), Bill Ryan (9th May 2021), Harmony (10th May 2021), Hym (10th May 2021), Icare (10th May 2021), Journeyman (12th August 2021), pueblo (10th May 2021)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Enjoyed this very much. Plasma (a living light), pleroma and aeons....

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Anna70 (10th May 2021), Bill Ryan (10th May 2021), Harmony (10th May 2021), Hym (21st December 2021), pueblo (10th May 2021)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

A series on gnostics

Quote "In 1945 an Egyptian peasant discovered a collection of early Christian scriptures - the Nag Hammadi Codices, which revealed the existence of a Gnostic version of Christianity. Gnostics (derived from the Greek word gnosis - meaning `knowledge') felt that they could get to know God, and their own soul, going a step beyond faith. Their message, and the words of the `Gnostic Gospels' were buried in the sand of the Egyptian desert. Some scholars now believe these scriptures to be just as authentic, if not more so, than the books we collectively know as the New Testament."

Already posted but included here for continuity
    Quote "In the late 12th century `Cathars' started preaching an alternative form of Christianity to that of Roman Catholicism, in the French region of Languedoc. Empowering abstinence and poverty, they called themselves Good Men, and believed that the world was an alien environment for man's soul. The Roman Catholic Church tried unsuccessfully to persuade them they were wrong. Then came the Inquisition, followed by the Albigensian Crusade which crushed the rebels with a military campaign. The `heretics' were burned at the stake by the hundreds, and again Gnosticism was supressed. Brian Blessed plays a Cathar Bishop, and Ian Brooker plays a Spanish Monk, in an attempt to recreate a theological dispute in France, 1206."

Quote "Egyptian Gnostics texts came to Florence in 1492. The Gnostic idea, that man has the capacity to rise above his worldly fate to become a spiritual being, even to be `as God' was the heretical centrepiece of Renaissance philiosophy. This spiritual notion was forced underground by by the Catholic Church's opposition, and into the world of magic and alchemy. However a modern millionaire, Joost Ritman, is an example of how Gnoticism continues to defy the passage of time, to re-emerge in every spiritual era."

Quote "The Gnostic Gospels said that the world was no place for the divine soul of man, that the world was tragic and that it wasn't created by God, but by a lower life divinity. To the question "Did a good God create a world of pain" they replied that there was a crack in the universe. The first 20th century scholar to read the Gnostics was C.G.Jung - their `Gnosis', or knowledge, was to him spiritual self-knowledge. In this programme, scholars debate the relevence of the Gnostic `pulse' for modern man."

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Anna70 (10th May 2021), Bill Ryan (10th May 2021), gini (29th March 2022), Harmony (11th May 2021), pueblo (10th May 2021)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

These two threads might offer some further value.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anna70 (10th May 2021), Delight (10th May 2021), Harmony (11th May 2021), pueblo (10th May 2021), Yoda (10th May 2021)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

This seems Gnostic and the world is seen as a simulation for learning

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Anna70 (10th May 2021), Bill Ryan (10th May 2021), Harmony (15th August 2021), pueblo (10th May 2021)

25. Link to Post #33
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

This is really interesting. The part about star constellation connections reminded me of the work of Wayne Herschel (http://thehiddenrecords.com), who discovered that there are many ancient building complexes resembling star constellations. (He also has an interesting theory about certain symbols from various civilisations representing how Orion's belt acts as a marker to find a place near the Pleiades, which he thinks may be a clue to our origins.)

Edit: I realise this may seem a little off-topic, but I do wonder if there is a connection.
    Last edited by Anna70; 10th May 2021 at 15:00.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anna70 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th May 2021), Harmony (11th May 2021)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Anna70 (here)
    This is really interesting. The part about star constellation connections reminded me of the work of Wayne Herschel (http://thehiddenrecords.com), who discovered that there are many ancient building complexes resembling star constellations. (He also has an interesting theory about certain symbols from various civilisations representing how Orion's belt acts as a marker to find a place near the Pleiades, which he thinks may be a clue to our origins.)

Edit: I realise this may seem a little off-topic, but I do wonder if there is a connection.
    Thankyou for introducing him to me.

I am listening to this seeming recent talk.

This was very interesting

Last edited by Delight; 11th May 2021 at 03:57.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th May 2021), Harmony (11th May 2021)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Dr Zelenko does not mince words here. We are being told we must kneel before a great evil or die and it is now a time when we must choose. What if we MUST die to the OLD paradigm and transcend the "whatever we believe" and that we CAN? We can IF we have the "God" connection IMO.

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/eH8nwF0dnbKo

Has anyone else been thinking about the Cathar connection of this dilemma we face these days?

Quote Dear Friend,
    These past few weeks I have been in LA, Arizona and Colorado working on TV projects. I can't wait to tell you about them as they come together.
    For now, I would like to talk with you about the bifurcation happening before our eyes and how our times remind me of what happened to the Cathars.
    800 years ago the predatory Catholic Church purged southern France of a population of “heretics”.

The Cathars, as they were known, were called the pure ones and Good Christians because they sought illumination, perfect wholeness/ holiness, and ascension; a state of total love, compassion, empathy, gratitude and positivity.

Branding them with yellow crosses, which the Cathars were forced to wear in public at all times, the Church ignited the flames of segregation, shunning the pure ones, ordering them into lock down and "...not to move about either inside or outside”. After lockdown, the Church exterminated them to eliminate their way to heaven.

This was the first European genocide.

The last stand of the Cathars was in 1244 when the hundreds of Cathars were incinerated at Montsegur.
    The Church’s supremacy ended several centuries later with the emergence of a new philosophical movement called the Age of Enlightenment. It was an ideological war against the popes, pimps and politicians of the time. It gave birth to democracy, constitutional government and the freedom to pursue individual happiness.

Rationalism, Materialism and Science came with Enlightenment and with it a belief that ‘you’ are just information. You are matter. That’s it. Spirit disappeared. This belief killed religion.

Technology aimed at controlling mind and body arose with this enlightened technology and became the primary tool of the new priests.

Today, AI and Transhumanism are the fruits of this mindset. Every time you pick up your smart phone you are affirming the Age of Enlightenment’s belief that you are just information and that it doesn’t matter if ‘you’ are in your flesh and blood body or in some other container for this information. You are you, even if you are in, say, a robot body.

Today, high priest technologists believe they are empowered to tell us what we can think, believe, say, do and be. Total control is their goal, always.

Yes, the predator lives.

So, too, do the Cathars.

In this recurring battle or dance between light and dark, pure and impure, the predator seeks to keep the heretics from attaining perfection (all the while feeding on their spiritual energy) and to close the ascension path. Impure means are used to this impure end (to paraphrase Ghandi). It’s what the predator does.

For the heretics our quest is to perfect or purify our bodies in the model of the spiritualized light body of Christ and to transmute earth into a higher state of being.

As I have been discussing since 2012, these are the two paths before us :

Organic : Soul Rising

The organic path leads to the raising of your body, mind and soul’s vibratory frequencies to angelic levels, resulting in elevated bliss, health and the transformation of your physical body into a spiritualized ‘light body’ mirroring that of the resurrected Christ. For the Cathars (and the Essenes who preceded them), this was a return to our original state of being.

Technological : Soul Descending

The modern Catholic Church’s endorsement of AI is seen as a validation that it represents the technological path. The technological path leads to merger with AI, blurring our physical bodies with pharma + nano technology, and ultimately, a transformation of your physical body into a digital cartoon avatar, a digital light body, that descends into and exists in a black box. (I’m not joking…or joining.)
    As you are reading this on your computer or your smart phone you are staring in to the black box. The mirror before you is the altar of Silicon Valley’s Big Tech Swingers.
    With every breath we inhale their chemicals in the air, their EMFs from the sky. We eat their genetically modified frankenfood, and line up for their mRNA shots. On average, we spend six or more hours per day parked, worshipping, in front of the black box.

We are already coexisting with the children of AI and the next 'trans human'. Millions of humans are trans-something. Millions of us are working along side robots and synthetic beings -- replacement humans -- made in our image. Millions more have created an online avatar or digital twin of themselves that will long out live their present physical body.

A few more steps and, 'for the benefit of all', some will 'do the right thing' and will drop their physical body and descend.

Do you think I am kidding when I say that Big Tech wants you to shift into a virtual world?

Just last month Facebook announced that it is ‘all in’ as concerns the meta verse, the digital reality the Big Tech Swingers are superimposing over the physical world.

Their vastly evil plan to turn us into virtual beings is now public. It has been since NASA high priest, Dennis Bushnell, told us back in 2000.

So, where do we go from here?

THE LAW OF THREES

Gurdjieff talked about the Law of Threes, which states that every phenomenon in the universe is the direct result of the mutual interaction of not two, but three forces: active, passive and neutral.

The “Law of Three” refers to an assertion that every phenomenon is a new arising that comes into being through three distinct lines of action. The first force is holy affirming, the second force holy denying, and third force holy reconciling.

In a nutshell what the law of three means is that every action requires three forces. When three forces are present, things happen, actions are actualized. But without three forces—with one or two forces—nothing happens.

The three universal forces are described as active, passive and neutralizing. A car’s gearbox has three modes, forward, reverse and neutral, all equally essential.

The organic way is holy affirming.

The technological is holy denying.

The third is holy reconciling.

Just as Cathar and Catholic, pure and impure, could not reconcile or exist together, it is difficult to reconcile such different humans as organic and techno. Will cohabitation be possible? What do we do if we are already one foot in the black box?
    If we are to transcend what is to come we must tap the third holy reconciling force. Doing so requires the higher dimensional consciousness of the angels and avatars.
    We must call them in.

Join me on line for “Avatars Awakening: Humanity's Last Stand” and Clare in me in Nashville on October 23-24 for HALO:Revealing the Light Within for clarity on what is before us and the next best steps on the ascending path.
    Peace and love.
    Wm. Henry

William Henry website
    Last edited by Delight; 12th August 2021 at 00:09.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th August 2021), Brigantia (25th August 2021), Harmony (12th August 2021), Hym (21st December 2021), jaybee (25th August 2021), Journeyman (12th August 2021)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,972 times in 2,208 posts

Quote Posted by Delight (here)

Has anyone else been thinking about the Cathar connection of this dilemma we face these days?

Definitely....

Low frequency satanism seems to be at the base of the anti life, anti human, anti nature problem we have going on at the moment, exacerbated by modern technology and the move towards genetically modifying the human race to be even more at the mercy of the dark forces and Artificial Intelligence... ( fake pandemic + vax programme)...

Given the choice I'm sure most people would reject the moves towards transhumanism so they have to do it sneakily using deception and dishonesty..)

I think the Cathars recognised the reality of ..... this reality.... and at the moment Rex Mundi is becoming bolder and coming more out of hiding- coming out of the shadows - to terrorize and dominate more using weak and tainted humans to do the dirty work... ie MSM, politicians, health organizations, key people in positions of power in countries all over the world ......

http://arcana.wikidot.com/rex-mundi

Quote Rex Mundi is Latin for "King of the World".

To the Cathars, Rex Mundi was the false God - the chaotic god of material things, the Demiurge, and the embodiment of evil. The true God was one of spirituality, peace, and love, who created the heavens. Rex Mundi either created the physical world, or somehow captured it from the true God. To this line of thought, Rex Mundi also corrupted the church and worship of the true god, leading much of the church astray with physical power, wealth, and temptation in this life. As you can imagine, there was significant theological disagreement between the Cathars and the Catholics. This conflict eventually boiled into the Albigensian Crusade, wherein the Catholics wiped out the Cathars.

Rex Mundi is also frequently used as a euphemism for The Devil by some Christians (due to references in the New Testament to the "prince of this world"). (These passages of Revelations and the Gospel of John1 may be part of where the Cathars got the concept from. Far from being the apocalyptic fundamentalists of their day, however, the Cathars were more like the Western equivalent of Buddhism. They believed in reincarnation, pacifism, vegetarianism, etc. See Cathars for further details.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItjXTieWKyI

(I just had to do an edit because the actual clip from the film Titanic wouldn't embed here - it's the bit where 'Jack' stands on the front of the ship and shouts... 'I'm the King of the World...' )

mmmmm - we all know what happened to the Titanic - and the same will happen to the human race and maybe all life on Earth... if Rex Mundi, the King of the World is given free reign.... by his minions using Big Tech, genetic modification of the Human Race, 5G and AI...

We're in the middle of this (re~run of) the war against humanity right now and there's no telling how it will all pan out ultimately... everything to play for - everything to win or lose as we slip into the Age of Aquarius...

At the moment I feel it's all in the balance ...

But at the end of the day - it's nothing that a good old Serious Global Natural Catastrophe can't sort out - whenever that comes along....
    Last edited by jaybee; 25th August 2021 at 11:26.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th August 2021), Brigantia (25th August 2021), Delight (25th August 2021), Harmony (25th August 2021), mountain_jim (25th August 2021), wondering (17th December 2021)

33. Link to Post #37
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

This looks interesting. :-)

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anna70 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th December 2021), Brigantia (17th December 2021), Harmony (17th December 2021), Hym (22nd December 2021), jaybee (17th December 2021), wondering (17th December 2021)

35. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,106 times in 905 posts

The Cathars fascinate me, and I feel very drawn to them. I really look forward to seeing this - thanks, Anna70.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Anna70 (17th December 2021), Bill Ryan (17th December 2021), Delight (17th December 2021), Harmony (17th December 2021)

37. Link to Post #39
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

My pleasure!

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anna70 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd December 2021), Delight (17th December 2021), Harmony (18th December 2021), Hym (22nd December 2021), wondering (17th December 2021)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Several videos about the Cathars. I have decided that the Cathars have returned. Clif High mentioned the Cathars in his video this week.

Quote "The laurel has turned green! The cathars descend to the world!"

A Church of Love - The Cathar Prophecy of 1244 CE
    The last prophecy of the Cathars was that the Church of Love would grow from our combined cultures, places and lands, like seeds, ignited with love and carried with the winds and water. And don't get confused over the word ‘church’, because it means ‘communion’ - ecclesia in Greek, nothing more. The church represents coming together in community, in a sangha, and sharing the seeds of love, compassion and understanding.

The Church of Love

It has no fabric – only understanding.

It has no membership – save those who know they belong.

It has no rivals – because it is non-competitive.

It has no ambition, because it only seeks to serve.

It knows of no boundaries for nationalisms are unloving.

It is not of itself because it seeks to enrich all groups and religions.

It acknowledges all great teachers of all the ages who have shown the truth of Love.

Those who participate, practise the Truth of Love in all their daily being.

There is no walk of life or nationality that is a barrier.

Those who are, know. It seeks not to teach but to be, and by being, enrich.

It recognises the collectivity of all humanity and that we are all one with the One.

It recognises that the way we are may be the way of those around us because we are that way.

It recognises the whole planet as a Being, of which we are a part.

It recognises that the time has come for the supreme transmutation, the ultimate alchemical act, the conscious change of the ego into a voluntary return to the whole.

It does not proclaim itself with a loud voice but in the subtle realms of loving.

It salutes all those in the past who have blazoned the path but paid the price.

It admits of no hierarchy or structure, for no one is greater than another.

Its members shall know each other by their deeds and being and their eyes and by no other outward sign, save the fraternal embrace.

Each one will dedicate his or her life to the silent loving of their neighbour and environment and the planet, whilst carrying out their daily task, however exalted or humble.

It recognises the supremacy of the great idea which may only be accomplished if the human race practices the supremacy of Love.

It has no rewards to offer, either here or in the hereafter, save that of the ineffable joy of being and loving.

Its members shall seek only to advance the cause of understanding, within whichever church, group or family they happen to be.

They shall do good by stealth and teach only by example.

They shall heal their neighbour, their community and our Planet.

They shall know no fear, and feel no shame and their witness shall prevail over all odds.

It has no secrets, no arcanum, no initiations save that of the true understanding of the power of love and that, if we want it to be so, the world will change but only if we change ourselves first.

ALL THOSE WHO BELONG, BELONG, THAT IS THE CHURCH OF LOVE.

Background

Much has been written and speculated about the Cathars who settled in the Languedoc region in France during the eleventh century; there is no clear evidence where they came from but clues in their belief and practice point to extremely early Christian origins, and in all likelihood they spread from the Byzantine Empire to Bulgaria, and on to the Balkans and Northern Italy. Although they called themselves Christians, the Catholic Church called them Albigenses, or Cathars.

In the Fortress of Montségur, the Cathars maintained a church hierarchy yet rejected any idea of priesthood or the use of church buildings. They believed in reincarnation and refused to eat meat or other animal products; they regarded men and women as equals and had no doctrinal objection to contraception, euthanasia or suicide. It follows that the Catholic Church condemned them as heretics. Following that logic, the infamous Inquisition proceeded to massacre them in their usual zealousness, wiping out every single one of them; the Cathar’s last stronghold was the fortress of Montségur which was entirely pulled down by the victorious royal forces after its capture in 1244."

In 1978 on a visit to Montsegur in the Cathar country of SW France, Colin Bloy had dowsed in a meadow where 300 Perfecti were burned alive in 1244. The dowsing revealed a Latin text which referred to the rebuilding of a church in Andorra in 1986. In March 1985 Colin was prompted to write the proclamation of the Church of Love - he says the words were not his - and this Church was proclaimed in Andorra on Good Friday, 28th March 1986. Colin says: “This was written by my hand, but I would not claim authorship, it was taken down in ten minutes - just like that.."

These sources deny their real existance?

Last edited by Delight; 21st December 2021 at 19:57.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd December 2021), wondering (23rd December 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast