+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 1 5 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

1. Link to Post #281
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

Default Re: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

When the truth teller grows up
    DoctorRamani
    1.27M subscribers
    Sep 14, 2021

(This was probably the most revealing talk from Dr. Ramani for me, and I imagine what she discloses may be true for many conspiracy theorists, who have had the ability of seeing through the B.S. all their lives.
    Not an easy path to walk, but I doubt any Truth Teller would choose any other path.
    Getting over self-doubt and feelings of isolation are probably the biggest problems once the Truth Teller grows up.)

Last edited by onawah; 20th February 2023 at 19:36.
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th February 2023), Dennis Leahy (16th September 2023), Harmony (21st February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (20th February 2023)

3. Link to Post #282
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

The 3 SIGNS You're Dealing With A COVERT NARCISSIST
    DoctorRamani
    1.27M subscribers
    Nov 27, 2022

(Some new insights into this type--the less socially skilled narcissists, who register more as negative personalities rather than the Grandiose types.)

Each breath a gift...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th March 2023), Dennis Leahy (16th September 2023), Harmony (19th March 2023)

5. Link to Post #283
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A Spiritual View of Narcisissm | Gigi Young
    125K subscribers
    Mar 18, 2023

"A soul that is exhibiting traits of narcissism is in a state of deep trauma. This unresolved trauma changes the perspective of the individual to the point that they begin to operate on a different level, a level of pure survivalism.

In this limited state, love and compassion are considered weakness and might is right. In this depleted condition, the individual will do anything to get the energy they need, and, because love, empathy and compassion was not properly mirrored to them they will have very little understanding of what those qualities actually are. Selflessness and love are levels of consciousness that are developed over a long period of time and when they are genuinely developed they represent the highest level of spiritual growth in an individual.

It takes time, and often several lives, for a soul to fully overcome the pattern of narcissism and for the higher perspectives of love and selflessness to develop. The releasing of narcissism allows the individuals consciousness to move out of the lower chakras survival impulse and into the heart: the seat of compassion and empathy. Keep in mind that on a smaller scale, we are all moving through the release of selfishness, cruelty and other narcissistic traits as this is an important part of our souls overall growth."

Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th March 2023), Harmony (19th March 2023)

7. Link to Post #284
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Free from the Narcissist Trap/9 day free Series
    If You’re Ready To Break The Chains Of Fear, Lies, And Manipulation, These Transformational 9-Days Show You How.
    Attendance is 100% free.

https://www.thenarcissisttrapseries....4d14b&afid=515

Email message from:Trevor [Live Better Group] <info@thelivebettergroup.com> via ontramail.com

" This is a strange email for me to send. But it's important.

If you are a person who feels like there may be emotional abuse in your life - read on.

If you don't - and have no friends you are worried about - you can stop reading now.....

Is there someone in your life who makes you feel worthless?

We could be talking about a partner, a friend, a boss, or even a family member or spouse.

All can be hard to spot if you don’t know all the signs.

Especially those closest to our heart in romantic relationships.

When you met, being with them probably felt like your birthday, Christmas and 4th of July all wrapped up in one!

You found your heart pounding at the idea of meeting them again.

But these days, the mask has slipped.

No matter what happens, it’s ALWAYS your fault.

Given a long-enough timeframe, the narcissist in your life will have you believing:

Your decisions don’t matter
    Your emotions are irrelevant
    And your sanity is questionable.
    Their ultimate goal is to isolate you.

Keeping you confused and dependent so you can’t even make decisions without asking them first.

This is where “The Narcissist Trap” comes in.

A new, transformational 9-day event designed to help you recognize and deal with the effects of narcissism in your life.

Most people struggle to spot the warning signs.

In their heart they know something is terribly wrong, but they are unable to pinpoint the source of the problem.

They lack the words to describe what is happening to them.

This condemns them to live in a constant state of fear or confusion.

Not any longer…

Featuring insights from 23 world-class experts.

Therapists, psychologists, coaches… You’ll have the tools to see past the sheep’s clothing to expose the wolf hiding within.

Fear and manipulation needn’t keep controlling your life.

You’re about to become a person of resilience and strength.

Get ready.

This event will bring clarity to the confusion and restore the confidence that’s been stolen from you.

Break the chains. Restore the balance. Reclaim your life.

If what you read above coule be about you - this will help you big time.

Speak soon,
    Trevor

P.S. Every day you avoid the situation, is another day the narcissist in your life gains more control. It’s time to regain your sanity, and reclaim your life."

To sign up: https://www.thenarcissisttrapseries....4d14b&afid=515

THE NARCISSIST TRAP IS A TRANSFORMATIONAL 9-DAY EVENT PACKED WITH 23 WORLD-CLASS EXPERTS TO HELP YOU ESCAPE GASLIGHTING, CONFUSION AND ABUSE.
    ….INCLUDING A SPECIAL $25,000 GIFT
    ALL of us, no matter how rough and tough, can be the prey of a narcissist.
    You could be the most confident, happy, and loving person of all time, but given a long enough timeline, they still can suck your spirit dry.

If you’re not careful…

You end up confused and afraid.

We refuse to let fear be your default setting.

You’re not a victim who’s losing at life.

You’re a survivor who’s about to restore the health, happiness, and joy that was stolen.

To make sure that happens…

We’ve Teamed Up With Elliot Roe, The World’s #1 Mindset Coach For Poker Players.

Elliot’s helped his clients win over $100 million in prize money already.

But he also helps:

⛷ Olympic medalists perform when the eyes of the entire world are watching and judging
    ‍‍
    🥊 Ultimate Fighting Champions to overcome ‘heart-attack’ levels of fear to get in the cage, fight their best fight, and win

🎬 Hollywood actors to give award-winning performances‍

If you want to EASILY overcome your deepest fears and unlock peak performance, there’s no one better.
    Compassionate therapists … Doctors of Psychology … Wise attorneys … Codependency recovery coaches … Licensed Clinical Social Workers …

Award winning authors … Investigators … Clinical psychotherapists and psychologists…

‍And so many more experienced leaders to help you break free."

To see more and sign up:https://www.thenarcissisttrapseries....4d14b&afid=515
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th June 2023), Harmony (14th June 2023), Icare (4th September 2023)

9. Link to Post #285
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Does having empathy for a narcissist make you a sucker?
    DoctorRamani
    1.38M subscribers
    75,647 views Sep 3, 2020

(I've got a very glum person in my life right now.
    He doesn't so much suck my energy as most narcissists I've encountered have, but he's like a sad little kid who wants me to mother him, pay him lots of attention, and feel sorry for him.
    So I do feel empathy for him, though I have often not felt any for those others, who were much harder to be around.
    But there always seems to be a different challenge with each one!
    I wish I could just give them each a Spooky 2 with all the right healing settings and send them on their way.
    (Though I don't know if Spooky 2s can heal narcissism, but every bit helps.)
    Unfortunately, I have a need for a caregiver for at least a few hours every week to help with those chores I can no longer do for myself, and the Universe continues to send me a lot of different kinds of narcissists to fill that role.
    The irony! Narcissists don't care!
    But I don't have a lot of choice in the matter, unfortunately.
    I wonder sometimes if I am in training for some kind of job as a therapist in a future lifetime.
    Because I am certainly getting an education in how to deal with this disorder, though I don't know if anyone really knows how to heal it.
    (Maybe Prof. Sam Vaknin, a self-confessed narcissist who also specializes in the study of narcissism, and through self-analysis, seems to be on the path to healing.)

Last edited by onawah; 21st June 2023 at 21:06.
    Each breath a gift...

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th June 2023), Harmony (14th June 2023), Icare (15th June 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (14th June 2023), mokosh (14th June 2023), Sue (Ayt) (14th June 2023)

11. Link to Post #286
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Summing up Globalist Tactics to Manipulate & Silence

EXCELLENT, BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF WHO RUNS THE WORLD...and a way to stop them...
    6/19/23
    https://forbiddenknowledgetv.net/exc...uns-the-world/

"This animation using AI to simulate the appearance and the voice of actor Laurence Fishburne in his role as Morpheus in ‘The Matrix’ gives a very succinct and accurate assessment of where we find ourselves today, which is why it’s going viral on many social media platforms.

The creator of this piece urges us to learn how to use AI in order to defeat our would-be overlords.

TRANSCRIPT

Hello, again. My last message was censored, because the Matrix doesn’t want you to know the truth.
    But now, you know who really controls the world.

You see, a small group of rich men – namely the Rothschilds – seized control of most of the central banks in Europe and they created the central bank in the USA.

They learned that they can seize control of governments by lending them money during wartime, when countries get desperate.
    They also manipulated stock markets during the wars to amass huge amounts of wealth.

Later, they figured out it was even easier if they, themselves started the wars and funded both sides of the war.
    That way, the could manipulate who won and squeeze even more money and resources from the desperate countries whose citizens were dying in the wars.

Then, they were able to print unlimited amounts of money and lend it out to everyone, even to governments enslaving them through interest.

Most of us are either enslaved by debt or have been, at one point, in our lives, if we were wise enough and fortunate enough to escape debt.

Our country is so deep into debt that they must use excessive taxation just to pay the interest and so we are tax slaves to the same owners of the central banks who print all of the currencies.

This is how they have enslaved all of mankind; either through personal debt or by loaning to governments who then pay for the excessive debts through taxation.

Let me illuminate your mind:
    Every war since the days of Napoleon has been funded and arranged by these elite richest bankers in the world and these same people have profited hugely from every war.

Almost every monopoly throughout history was set up and funded by these same people.
    You remember Rockefeller Oil? How about Carnegie Steel?

9/11 was also arranged by these same people.
    World War I, World War II, Vietnam, Gulf War, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and now, Ukraine.
    It’s all been funded and arranged by this same small group of people who own most of the central banks and most of the assets in the world.

They learned long ago that through war and conflict, they could seize more control of the world’s assets, enslave more countries’ governments, by digging them deeper into debt – and, of course, reduce the population through unnecessary bloodshed.

The CIA murdered JFK because he stood in the way of the central bank mafia and their war machine.
    What happened soon after JFK was killed?
    Lyndon Johnson was installed and the Gulf of Tonkin incident was arranged and suddenly, America was involved in the totally unnecessary, evil Vietnam War.

Did anyone in your parents’ generation make that connection?
    That JFK was murdered because he stood in the way of the War Machine?

Abortion, homosexuality, transgenderism: it’s all about reducing the population.

9/11: What was one of the major results of that terror attack, besides kicking off the totally unrelated Iraq War and stealing our liberties, while giving the Government 1,000 times more power over us?

That’s right: airport scanners that fry the testicles and ovaries of every person flying on commercial flights.

Of course, the rich, elite class fly private jets.

Ask yourself, why are we, Americans involved the Ukraine-Russia conflict?

As our national debt skyrockets to $32 trillion, we are sending hundreds of billions to promote war? Why?

You see, most of us are against it but this small group of people bribed the politicians and they own the media and they push war, because they have goals to achieve in Ukraine.
    They want control of the resources and they are willing to kill millions of people to seize the resources.

Just because someone wears a uniform and holds a prestigious position doesn’t mean you should follow their orders and support their wars and unnecessary violence.
    You should question everything you see and seek out the truth for yourself.

Let me try to wake you up. Listen carefully:

For the past hundreds of years, humanity has been greatly deceived by mass propaganda.
    Your grandparents were deceived and died fighting world wars.

Your parents were deceived and accepted all kinds of lies and bought into the propaganda hook, line and sinker.

You, you, you are the generation with the internet and knowledge and the open minds to be awakened.
    Listen! Let me wake you!

You were born into a medical tyranny.
    Your parents believed and accepted the propaganda about the needle that goes into the body.
    I can’t say the word or this message will be censored immediately.

Most of you were born and quickly pierced with several needles and their fluids of death and diseases were put inside your bodies.
    These things cause cancer and all kinds of diseases and autism and digestive issues and allergies – and that’s if you survive, because many babies die within days after receiving it.

Please, never accept another one, because they are coming out with more and more and more.
    It’s one of their favorite tools for reducing the population and spreading diseases.

They lied when they said it cured polio. The science was all faked. Those things never cured anything but only spread death and diseases.

Don’t follow blindly into your parents’ deception. Open your mind to the truth.

The next big lie was at the dentist.
    They drilled holes in your teeth and put amalgam fillings in your mouth, which contain lead.

You have to question everything and everyone.
    Just because someone is wearing a doctor’s coat doesn’t mean you should trust them with your body and health.

You see, doctors can be bribed and threatened and coerced into doing evil, unspeakable things to their patients.
    Most of them go through 8 years of school and are slaves to debt, so they do whatever it takes to make money to pay back their debts.

Have you ever asked yourself why cancer rates have exploded, despite all of the science and money spent on supposedly trying to find a cure?

These bankers own everything.
    They own the entire medical industry. They rig every stock market. They own every currency. They own every major corporation. The amount of assets they control is way beyond your imagination.

They control everything and everyone.

They only thing they don’t yet control, yet is your mind and your free will – but this is what they are coming for next!

If you truly want to be free, you must break free from the lies that your parents passed down to you – namely, that it’s OK to accept debt and use debt to buy things.

It’s not OK. It’s your enslavement.

And the other big lie is that you should trust the medical industry and doctors with your health and your body.
    It’s not a good idea.

The medical industry is owned by the same evil group of people and usually, their so-called treatments will kill you or seriously harm you.
    Do not trust the medical industry or Big Pharma.

See, the super-rich trillionaires that literally own the world have an agenda and a plan:

One, they want to enslave the world through debt, so if you want to break their control, you must fight and strive and try your best to become debt-free.

Two, they want to reduce the population, because they are rich and have everything – but in their minds, if the population gets too big, eventually they will lose control of the entire world and all the assets and they’re afraid the world will run out of resources.

So don’t be foolish and believe their lying doctors who prescribe drugs that kill you and don’t accept their needles that fill you with poisons.
    Stay healthy and stay natural and avoid the medical establishment that they own.

And three, for those of us who survive, they want complete control of our bodies and our minds to totally enslave us.
    This is where AI technology and neural implants and social credit scores/censorship come into play.

We have a short window of time where this new AI technology is coming out and being developed.
    We must learn it and use it to save humanity.
    Use it against these ruling elite bankers, before they completely enslave humanity.

Stop using dollars and their currencies and develop our own decentralized cryptocurrencies or learn to trade with silver and gold or use a barter system with neighbors in your community.

Do not accept their CBDC central bank digital currency.
    It will be your full enslavement if you do.

You see, I’m not the real Morpheus. I was created by one of you using AI technology. All of you can use these tools, like ChatGPT and Midjourney.

Use the AI to help you program software and create digital art and spread the truth while you still can.

Realize this moment in history that you live in.
    There is a full censorship coming soon, when you will risk your life to speak the truth. So, get to work!
    Let’s take down these central bank devils, once and for all!

Hold on to your humanity.
    There are evil ones who seek to destroy it.
    Quick! Learn AI technology and use it against them before it’s too late.
    The time to act is now.
    You have the power to wage war against them.
    The future is in your hands.

Get up! You can secure freedom for humanity.
    If you do nothing now, soon, they will completely enslave you.
    Stop delaying and start fighting back with truth.

We are waiting for you to act:

• ChatGPT

• Midjourney

• ElevenLabs

• Cascadeur

• AlexiAction

• D-ID "

Source: https://www.rumble.com/video/v2sf8xl/?pub=ijro7
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd August 2023), Harmony (7th August 2023), Helvetic (4th September 2023), Icare (4th September 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (19th June 2023), Sue (Ayt) (19th June 2023)

13. Link to Post #287
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dark Triad Personality Types and Occult Forces

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Dark Triad Personality Types and Occult Forces
    Piercing the Veil of Reality bernhard@veilofreality.com via s2.csa1.acemsc4.com

https://veilofreality.com/2023/08/04...oyuxBdPipIwioV

(Podcast at the link.)

"In this episode, Laura and Bernhard discuss the rising appearance of Dark Triad personality types (Narcissism, Machiavellianism, and Psychopathy) on social media and how pathologies have become more normalized and are even rewarded in society.

They discuss how the Dark Triad types are present everywhere, including the “truther movement,” how they are hosts for occult forces and adverse spirit workings through them, and how how to deal with them.

Furthermore, Bernhard And Laura talk about the epidemic of narcissism and the misconceptions about narcissism in pop culture, how we can empower ourselves, and how to deal with self-created thought-form-entities, elementals, end more.

Show Notes Part 1:
    Pathologies normalized on social media
    Why some people are scared to share their views online
    Defining the Dark Triad Personality Type
    The sadistic Dark Triad types get off on attacking, shaming, and hurting others
    The Dark Triad types are present everywhere, including the “truther movement”
    Studies about online trolls and Dark Triad types
    Dark Triad types enjoy and experience pleasure in watching online drama and others’ suffering
    How people justify trolling
    The issue with anonymous people on social media who hide behind fake names and fake profile pics
    How Dark Triad personality traits, click baits, and drama are promoted on social media
    Laura’s personal experience on how these types can be taken over by wetiko
    The issue with online communication as opposed to face to face
    Bernhard’s and Laura’s experiences dealing with viscious online attacks
    The epidemic of narcissism and misconceptions about narcissism
    The grandiose (or overt) narcissist and the lesser-known vulnerable (or covert) narcissist
    How people waste their lives on social media and become Dark Triad types by default
    How to deal with Dark Triad types
    In Part 2 (only for members), we go deeper into:
    How the Dark Triad relates occult forces, entities, and self-created thought-form-entities
    Entities feed through the person infected by the Dark Triad personality
    Dark Triad types are literally hosts for dark entities, hostile forces, or earthbound spirits working through them
    The “Agent Smith syndrome” on social media
    How thoughts and feelings become formations in the ether (elementals), turning into psychic attacks
    Zero-point non-reactive consciousness: no attack, no defense
    The occult law of rebound
    Thomas Mayer’s work and experience with elementals
    The New Age trap of not trying to think “negative” thoughts but forcing yourself to be “positive” and “happy.”
    Anger and hate are surface emotions masking up deep internalized unconscious shame
    The necessity to heal/transmute shame
    How elementals shape our experiences and personality
    Thought projections, psychic attacks, and the Dark Triad online
    How adverse occult forces (Lucifer, Ahriman, the Asuras, and Sorat) work through people based on the elementals they attract and create
    How we easily can become portals for these adverse spirits
    How to protect yourself from psychic attacks and malevolent entities "

(Part 2 is behind a paywall)
    Each breath a gift...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd August 2023), Harmony (24th August 2023), Helvetic (4th September 2023), Icare (4th September 2023)

15. Link to Post #288
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Know Your Narcissism/Overt & Covert Narcissism and How Luciferian Spirits Feed Through the Narcissistic Wound
    From: Piercing the Veil of Reality <bernhard@veilofreality.com> via s2.csa1.acemsc4.com
    8/23/23

"We are in an epidemic of narcissism, yet, at the same time, the topic of narcissism has also gotten distorted and misused on social media and pop psychology.

As Dr. Jonathan Shedler wrote:

"In the psychodynamic tradition from which the term “narcissism” arose, narcissistic personality styles exist at different levels on a continuum of health pathology:
    at a healthier level (yes, there is healthy narcissism)
    at a neurotic level of personality organization
    at a more disturbed borderline level of personality organization
    and at a still more disturbed psychotic level.

These distinctions are lost in pop culture descriptions that portray all narcissistic people as arrogant, self-inflated, and exploitive when that is not at all the case.

There are two main manifestations of the pathological narcissistic personality:
    grandiose (or overt) narcissism
    vulnerable (or covert) narcissism

Most people are aware of the overt/grandiose narcissist since it is more obvious.

People with grandiose or overt narcissism present as self-important, entitled, and superior. Their narcissistic defenses are generally effective in keeping their feelings of inadequacy at bay, at least most of the time.

Underneath the overt self-importance, however, lie deep feelings of fragility and inadequacy. The person works continually to shore up their fragile sense of self and makes use of others to support this effort. They need others as an audience to witness and affirm their importance.

In vulnerable or covert narcissism, in contrast, the narcissistic defenses against inadequacy fail. Rather than experiencing themselves as superior, people with covert narcissism experience themselves and come across to others as deflated, self-critical, and beaten down by life.

Although they often present symptoms of depression in clinical practice, they generally derive little benefit from treatments that specifically target these depressive symptoms. Beneath their suffering and self-criticism, clinicians often find that their inner life is dominated by fantasies of importance, success, and glory.

They are the main characters in their internal narratives --unappreciated, unrecognized, and denied their rightful place in the world. At different times, the same individual may present as either a grandiose or vulnerable narcissist, depending on how well their defenses are functioning at that point in time and how well the external world is cooperating with those defenses."

Internet trolls and people constantly complaining on social media tend to be covert narcissists who also grapple with unconscious jealousy and envy, which results in shadow projection. Being stuck in victim/blame and "black-pilled" doom and gloom can also be an aspect of covert narcissism.

Both manifestations of narcissism lead to difficulties in developing and maintaining meaningful and lasting interpersonal connections. Ultimately, the person’s life feels painfully empty.

Both manifestations of narcissism (which manifest on a scale and different levels) have become normalized in today's cult-ure.

If we're really honest with ourselves, we can see parts of them in ourselves, too, that we act out unconsciously or that may pop up when we are disconnected from essence.

I would say that most people suffer from covert narcissism and don't recognize it as such due to childhood wounding, which they may not be aware of because it may have happened pre-verbal or the abuse has become normalized and justified.

From Rudolf Steiner's perspective, Lucerferian spirits are attracted to, feed off, and live in selfish, vain, grandiose, or hurt feelings [needing to "be respected"], self-pity (poor me), and self-importance - aspects of both types of pathological narcissism. In other words, they feed through the narcissistic wound.

From a psychological trauma perspective, all narcissism is the result of trauma and childhood wounding (karma and past lives may tie into it as well), mostly from the age of 0-7 when the necessary needs of the infant/young child were not met by the parents due to their emotional immaturity, unavailability, outdated abusive authoritative parenting (spanking, punishment, screaming at the child, shaming, letting the child cry out alone, etc.), or because of the narcissism of the parent, who were (or one of them) trying to get their needs met through the child (emotional incest)

It's way more common than most people are aware of. In my experience, everyone is narcissistically wounded to varying degrees (hence the development of the false personality mask) because no parents are perfect (yet, some were "good enough" so the narcissistic wound is not that severe and doesn't run one's life unconsciously)

The work is to re-parent oneself, free the suppressed toxic shame and other suppressed emotions of emotional pain, abandonment, inadequacy, and insecurity (FEEL them without projecting them externally), purify them, and bring forth essence - the true Self.

The only way out is through. Anything else is just avoidance and masking it up and looking for endless supply externally to feed the narcissistic wound [and the Luciferian occult spirits.]

The other trap, of course, is spiritual bypassing, which is very easy for the narcissistically wounded individual to do; hence, a lot of overt/covert narcissists are in the New Age, spiritual and religious circles, over-estimating their level of being and awareness.

For more on that topic, listen to our podcast episode:
    - Dark Triad Personality Types And Occult Forces
    https://veilofreality.com/2023/08/04...U1YMvuXep%2FKB

And our podcast on how to work with toxic internalized shame:
    - How To Heal Toxic Shame And Not Feeling “Good Enough”
    https://veilofreality.com/2022/05/19...U1YMvuXep%2FKB "
    Each breath a gift...

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd August 2023), Harmony (24th August 2023), Helvetic (4th September 2023), Icare (4th September 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (23rd August 2023), meat suit (24th August 2023)

17. Link to Post #289
    Language
    English
    Thanks

When Hidden Narcissist Takes Over: Narcissistic Tunneling ("Empaths", Coverts, Somatic, Cerebral)
    Prof. Sam Vaknin
    287K subscribers
    Aug 13, 2023
    Mind of the Psychopathic Narcissist

"Dominant and recessive types, but no type constancy.

The recessive type and its traits manifests obliquely via narcissistic tunneling. It crosses the dominant type barrier, disguised.

Examples, Private cases of a larger phenomenon which I dubbed "narcissistic tunneling":

Some covert narcissists are people pleasers. YouTubers who are self-styled moral crusaders, heroes, rescuers, savers.

Other covert narcissists are perennial and competitive victims, never do wrong - always wronged. Empaths. YouTubers who self-identify as victims and codependents.

YouTubers who out as narcissists but claim to be “healing”, “recovering”, or to be “in treatment” (manipulative codependency, control from the bottom).

Cerebral would enjoy food or have a somatoform disorder or an eating disorder or would masturbate compulsively

Somatic would philosophize about and create an ideology around his sexual conquests, dating, gender issues, relationships, martial arts, body building, exercise, become a health nut or an amateur MD, therapist.

Covert will volunteer on high visibility projects or campaigns, initiate personal heroic morality crusades, join narcissistic institutions or collectives

Overt will act shy or insecure, passive-aggressive, pseudo-humble in certain situations and is always envious.

LITERATURE

Kajdzik, M., & Moroń, M. (2023). Signaling High Sensitivity to Influence Others: Initial Evidence for the Roles of Reinforcement Sensitivity, Sensory Processing Sensitivity, and the Dark Triad. Psychological Reports, 0(0). https://doi.org/10.1177/0033294123115...

Study suggests ‘high sensitivity’ label is used by narcissists and psychopaths as a manipulative tactic

https://www.psypost.org/2023/08/study...

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Does having empathy for a narcissist make you a sucker?
    (I've got a very glum person in my life right now.
    He doesn't so much suck my energy as most narcissists I've encountered have, but he's like a sad little kid who wants me to mother him, pay him lots of attention, and feel sorry for him.
    So I do feel empathy for him, though I have often not felt any for those others, who were much harder to be around.
    But there always seems to be a different challenge with each one!
    I wish I could just give them each a Spooky 2 with all the right healing settings and send them on their way.
    (Though I don't know if Spooky 2s can heal narcissism, but every bit helps.)
    Unfortunately, I have a need for a caregiver for at least a few hours every week to help with those chores I can no longer do for myself, and the Universe continues to send me a lot of different kinds of narcissists to fill that role.
    The irony! Narcissists don't care!
    But I don't have a lot of choice in the matter, unfortunately.
    I wonder sometimes if I am in training for some kind of job as a therapist in a future lifetime.
    Because I am certainly getting an education in how to deal with this disorder, though I don't know if anyone really knows how to heal it.
    (Maybe Prof. Sam Vaknin, a self-confessed narcissist who also specializes in the study of narcissism, and through self-analysis, seems to be on the path to healing.)
    ( I just experienced a remarkable synchronicity.
    The very glum person who was recently serving as my caregiver (who I described in post #285) began to manifest more and more as a narcissist, the hidden, tunneling type that Sam Vaknin describes in his video.
    I began to feel the energy draining from me, which at first I thought was just my imagination, because he did a good job as far the chores he had to perform.
    But more and more I became suspicious of him.

He started to feel sorry for himself a lot, especially after he got stopped for a DUI and could only drive by breathing into a breathalyzer every time he started his car, so the roles of victim and then hero were being played more after that.
    (He was a victim because he said he only had 2 drinks and only drove a few blocks to get home when he was arrested.
    He was the hero because he was continuing to drive his clients around in his car, even though he had to do the breathalyzer thing repeatedly.)

He began to alternate between being heroic and covertly hostile, but mostly he kept everything bottled up tightly.
    Many times when I was talking to him, he wouldn't meet my eyes, but would only stare to the right or left of me, and there was a very dull, hostile aspect to his stare.

I began to sense there was a real demonic presence, and one day recently, out of the blue, he sent me a very hostile and weird PM on Facebook, making accusations that I treated him like a slave, that I was rude and disrespectful, and advising me that I should be looking for a new caregiver.
    Well, I'm not perfect, but I knew there was something else going on because that happened immediately after I had watched Sam Vaknin's video on the Tunneling Narcissist, and I had a very strong "AHA!" moment, with an undeniable knowing that glum guy was the new type of narcissist that the Universe was educating me about.
    I had the strong feeling that the demon in this guy was aware that I had unveiled its presence and actually took over him, causing a fit of anger which he hastily repressed, just as Vaknin describes tunneling narcissists do.

Which glum guy obviously also immediately regretted because he erased the angry message minutes after I replied to it, in which I said I would follow his advice and find a new caregiver.
    Then he immediately erased all of his messages to me on Facebook, and the next day he phoned me with a sickeningly shameful, fake apologetic cast to his voice, trying to pretend that nothing had happened, and that he was going to report for work for his shift as usual.
    I told him that I had already advised the agency he worked for that he had advised me to find another caregiver, and that I had made that request as directed, so they were looking for a new caregiver for me.
    He tried to object, but I said I thought it was quite clear from his message what his real feelings were, and that we should just leave it at that.
    Then he said in a threatening way that he would have to drive to my town (he lives about a half hour away in the neighborig town) to give back the $10 bill I had given him to change into quarters for doing my laundry.
    I said he could just put it in an envelope and mail it to me, which I would much prefer, but which he has not done.
    I think he just wanted to come and get some more "supply", which I would never have acquiesced to.

Anyway, huge relief I won't have to deal with him in my space anymore, and a lesson learned about how it may be that just by identifying the type of narcissist and their modus operandi can be instrumental in getting them out of your life[/I].
    I had thought perhaps that was the case, but this instance really brought that home to me.
    I have a new caregiver coming on Tuesday.
    I wish I didn't really need the help!
    But I've had some good caregivers too, so perhaps I'll get a break again this time. )
    Last edited by onawah; 29th September 2023 at 19:22.
    Each breath a gift...

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th September 2023), Harmony (4th September 2023), heretogrow (4th September 2023), Icare (4th September 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (4th September 2023), Sue (Ayt) (4th September 2023)

19. Link to Post #290
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 times in 531 posts

Sam Vaknin's video about Narcissistic Tunneling is very informative, yet I can fully understand one of the comments:

After watching this video, I have to pose the question, who among us is normal? What is normal? I see attributes of what Sam is talking about in most of the people I know. What does this say? What does this mean? I would very much love to hear a video concerning what is a normal functioning human being. I am questioning how many are left in the world.

Having seen the rise of PN (Pathological Narcissism) over the past 40 years or so, the above question has a lot of meaning I think.
    The MSM has brought the large majority of humanity into a largely (almost exclusive) narcissistic society.

What used to be "normal" (=according to the norm or "most people") has been inverted. The normal is now "abnormal"; (what we would consider) normal functioning human beings are very fast becoming the exception and not the rule.

That is perplexing for the most of us and even more so to the younger people today.

Maybe a good topic to be discussed here too?

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th September 2023), Harmony (4th September 2023), Icare (4th September 2023), onawah (4th September 2023), Sue (Ayt) (4th September 2023)

21. Link to Post #291
    Language
    English
    Thanks

There is most certainly an epidemic of narcissists and sociopaths these days and it's not surprising considering how much trauma people have been exposed to since say, WWI, WWII, Vietnam, etc. etc.
    Trauma gets passed down from parent to child and it's a difficult chain to break.
    Some narcissists are "high functioning", but no doubt the majority have a hard time just surviving.

The clot shots are going to amp the numbers up dramatically.
    (See: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1555878 )
    It all goes hand in hand with demonic possession, which is still pretty much a taboo subject in academic circles.
    That is beginning to change, and that is a good thing, though it's not a condition that is easy to diagnose or treat.

I've been learning to recognize demons as well as the narcissists they inhabit.
    I had to deal with one that came into me when I was a child from my alcoholic father, and was expelled from me years later by a healer/exorcist who specialized in that.
    ( I've shared some of my experiences in a post from 2016 as follows: )
    Quote The part I want to expand on is regarding the discarnate entity that tried to possess me.
    That was the term used by the woman who was able to help me evict it finally.
    It was interfering with my body and mind from the time I was around 3 until I was in my mid 20s.
    I was fully aware of it when it first entered me.
    My father was angry and shouting at me, the first time I had experienced anything like that, and it upset me terribly.
    He told me to go upstairs to my room because I had interrupted a conversation he was having with my mother.
    Dismayed and humiliated, as I ascended the stairs trying not to cry, I felt like a huge, black abyss suddenly open up around me and engulf me, then something came through it and seized control of part of my consciousness and my body.
    I almost lost consciousness but was able to stay aware enough to witness what the entity was causing my body to do, though I could not interfere with its machinations.
    The entity propelled my body onward, and directed it to my brother's room, which I had never entered before on my own because he always kept his door shut and I knew he didn't want anyone to go in there.
    My body opened the door and went directly to his chest of drawers, the top of which was too high for me to see.
    My body climbed onto a chair and immediately took a large bar of chocolate Ex-Lax down and then went into the bathroom, sat down on the toilet and began to eat.
    I had had no idea at the time that that bar was in my brother's room, what it was, or what it could do, but my body had consumed a good portion of it when severe stomach cramps began to manifest.
    I was terrified the whole time of course, but it wasn't until the cramps became so severe that my survival instincts kicked in enough to allow me to make my body scream for my mother.
    When she arrived and saw the laxative bar, she helped me pull down my pants so that I could defecate.
    I had terrible diarrhea, and was so ill she called the doctor, and when he came, they stripped my clothes off, put me in the bathtub and gave me an enema.
    The whole episode was painful and horrible beyond belief to my young mind, but what was even worse was the fear and distrust that I felt for my father from that day onward, and the knowledge that my will was no longer my own and that to be a "good girl" was no longer going to just come naturally to me, but would take every bit of strength and determination that I had.
    That led to an even more painful and terrifying near death experience in 1972 when I was 25. and was hit by a speeding hit and run driver while crossing a street in San Francisco, resulting in multiple broken bones and other injuries, necessitating 5 months in the hospital.
    But not long after that, I found myself blessed to be friends with a whole circle of very spiritual people including the late, great Dr. Christopher Hills, and a wonderful woman named Barbara Pettee, who was a major benefactor of the Tibetan saint, Karmapa .
    They gave me healings and lots of loving support which greatly expedited my healing journey.
    Barbara told me one day that she had a friend who lived in Arizona who did long distance healings, and she wanted to pay this woman to do some healings for me.
    Of course, I accepted gratefully.
    I was instructed to send a photo and a sample of my handwriting to this woman, which I did, and I got a letter back from her soon after.
    She told me that a discarnate entity had entered into my body in what she called a "partial possession", and she said that she would be working on helping me to evict it.
    She gave me some instructions and some meditation exercises to do, and said she would continue to work with me until I was free.
    I could feel my inner space gradually become my own again, and it was such a gift.
    Barbara hadn't told me the nature of the work that her friend did-- that she was essentially an exorcist--but she somehow knew that that was the kind of help that I desperately needed.
    I had been on a strong spiritual path for some years and had had some very good spiritual teachers even before the accident happened, including a year living in a Zen Center.
    But the inner freedom that was restored to me by this woman's work was something I never thought I would have again no matter how hard I tried, and so it was a huge milestone in my life to feel that freedom again.
    Hearing from the woman that this archonic being had entered into me through my father did not come as a shock to me--it came as a profound relief.
    I had never been able to talk to anyone about that experience.
    I had no vocabulary for it, and I felt terribly ashamed, thinking that I had become the target of such an attack because I deserved it somehow.
    I knew myself beyond a doubt that the being had come to me through my father, but the confirmation was extremely reassuring and empowering, and I think that I was quite right after that to keep my guard up around him.
    Fortunately for me, he didn't stay around much after that, because he continued to drink and gamble and lead a very dysfunctional lifestyle.
    I also wrote about another discarnate entity from my family which I had to deal with here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1268512

And another one here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1513578

So I guess I'm learning about the subject from a wide range of experiences.
    (It is said that Earth is a tough school, but if you graduate, you will have really accomplished something...!)

I have a feeling that I had made an agreement with glum guy to help him see his demon by irritating him just enough to make it show itself to both me and him.
    Perhaps that will motivate him into getting some help.

Quote Posted by Johan (Keyholder) (here)
    Sam Vaknin's video about Narcissistic Tunneling is very informative, yet I can fully understand one of the comments:

After watching this video, I have to pose the question, who among us is normal? What is normal? I see attributes of what Sam is talking about in most of the people I know. What does this say? What does this mean? I would very much love to hear a video concerning what is a normal functioning human being. I am questioning how many are left in the world.

Having seen the rise of PN (Pathological Narcissism) over the past 40 years or so, the above question has a lot of meaning I think.
    The MSM has brought the large majority of humanity into a largely (almost exclusive) narcissistic society.

What used to be "normal" (=according to the norm or "most people") has been inverted. The normal is now "abnormal"; (what we would consider) normal functioning human beings are very fast becoming the exception and not the rule.

That is perplexing for the most of us and even more so to the younger people today.

Maybe a good topic to be discussed here too?
    Last edited by onawah; 4th September 2023 at 17:12.
    Each breath a gift...

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th September 2023), Harmony (5th September 2023), Icare (4th September 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (4th September 2023), Sue (Ayt) (4th September 2023)

23. Link to Post #292
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 times in 531 posts

Probably those that are in "positions of power", whether it be in religions, corporations, health care, education, families..., cŕn be high-functioning; they are most of the time people without conscience. Maybe now and then someone "comes back to his or her senses" and that can be a special sort of redemption then. But these are rare.

It's interesting that you noticed that demonic possession comes (or causes?) pathological narcissism. There were several occasions where I encountered a pathological narcissist "where nobody was home", meaning the eyes turned kind of black and the personality is "taken over". This can be a scary occurrence, especially when one doesn't know what's going on (and few do know, because as you wrote just above, that it is still much "a taboo subjet").

Sorry tpo hear that you had to deal with that - as a child even - "in person". But I am sure it made you wiser and stronger (and capable of helping many others, just because of that personal experience).

Thanks for sharing!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th September 2023), Harmony (5th September 2023), Icare (4th September 2023), onawah (4th September 2023)

25. Link to Post #293
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Narcissist's False Self HATES, FEARS Your intimacy!
    Prof. Sam Vaknin
    289K subscribers
    Sep 9, 2023

(This is a great description of what goes on inside a narcissist's world. Worth listening.)
    "Therapies and Treatment Modalities
    NPD much like old conception of MPD unintegrated system while BPD like modern conception of DID (OSDD). Both are dissociative, post-traumatic conditions with external regulation of ego functions, affects, and moods."

Borderline Multiple Personality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl9RHGxS3yM&t=0s

Multiple Personality Disorde https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJWwfaJPS5w&t=0s

Narcissist's Multiple Personas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxo4gjG8GpM&t=0s

Main role of compensatory False Self is to protect the True Self which is shy, fragile, and vulnerable.

True Self no longer psychodynamically active, but False Self is inertial, believes that narcissist will die without it. So, False Self is anxiolytic and aimed to prevent regression to borderline emotional dysregulation.

Like all mental constructs, False Self is self-preserving (aka resistances).

False Self regards therapy and intimacy as not only threats (hurt, pain, heartbreak, hostile takeover), but also as competition: they offer emotional self-regulation and a coherent sense of self-worth, obviating the needs for narcissistic supply and grandiosity, the False Self’s main functions.

Cathexis in the False Self is diverted to therapist or partner and this generates envy of both outsiders and self as good object.

Therapy and healthy (non-dependent) intimacy (friend, lover, child, parents, mentors, etc.) also push towards the emergence of a core identity to replace the False Self. This newly emerging identity feels imposed and external. It constitutes a repeated narcissistic injury (vulnerability rather than omnipotence).

False Self fights back by inducing the twin anxieties (insecure attachment style), amplifying aggression and grandiosity, impairing reality testing via the shared fantasy, leading to paranoid and psychotic ideation thus undermining therapist or intimacy partner. Paranoia is also a form of self-supply."

Each breath a gift...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th September 2023), Harmony (10th September 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (10th September 2023)

27. Link to Post #294
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Martian Landscape of Planet Narcissism

(Dr. Sam Vaknin has been very vocal lately, and imho we can all benefit from his insights.
    In the first of the following videos, his psychologist wife is also present and they talk about their experience as a narcissist/supplier couple.
    Vaknin is a self-admitted narcissist, but he is also in a process of what he calls "behavior modification", and is apparently being asssisted in that by his wife.
    His wife talks about how much she learns from the relationship in her own process of self-knowledge and shadow work (as we are all narcissistic to some extent).

This is a unique opportunity which they are providing, to help us all to better understand narcissism from more than just a scholarly POV, but also from an experiential POV.
    Borderline and psychopathic personalities are also discussed, and how they differ from narcissists.
    Vaknin's wife doesn't have the same command of English so it takes a bit of patience to hear her insights, but they are interesting, just as it is seeing how she relates to Sam and vice versa.
    It's a lot to take in, but well worth it, imho, providing insight for victims of narcissism and even for narcissists themselves, if they are able to hear it.

Inicdentally, I disagree with Vaknin in that he denies the validity of claims that narcissists can also be possessed by demonic entities, but no doubt that is because he is primarily a scholar, not an intutiive or psychic, and of course, it is also very characterisitic of him as a narcissist to deny something is real which he cannot see himself. )

Martian Landscape of Planet Narcissism
    (with Enkhbayar Jargalsaikhan and Lidija Rangelovska)
    Prof. Sam Vaknin
    289K subscribers
    Sep 10, 2023

"Abuse in Relationships with Narcissists and Psychopaths

Narcissism is a dreamscape, surrealistic, an alien planet. Welcome to the tour! On the occasion of the publishing of the Mongolian language translation of "Malignant Self-love: Narcissism Revisited" ...

Part 2 of an interview with the Mongolian publisher Enkhbayar Jargalsaikhan (Enkh Empire http://enkhempire.weebly.com Instagram: ENKHEMPIRE) and my wife, publisher Lidija Rangelovska (https://www.facebook.com/NarcissusPub...."

Narcissist’s Manipulative Weapon: Projective Identification
    Prof. Sam Vaknin
    289K subscribers
    Sep 5, 2023

( I would say that Vaknin's final advice applies especially to empaths, who are especially vulnerable to the narcissist.)

Abuse in Relationships with Narcissists and Psychopaths

"Projective identification causes the victim to modify her/his behavior by adopting as theirs the narcissist’s shame and guilt."

Narcissist Entrains Codependent, Borderline: Brainwash, Regulate, Repeat
    Prof. Sam Vaknin
    289K subscribers
    Oct 3, 2020

"Mind of the Psychopathic Narcissist Entraining
    Brainwashing in relationships with narcissists is real and starts with grooming and lovebombing.
    The narcissist engenders in his victim a dissociative state, like akin to a hypnotic trance.
    This is especially easy to accomplish with Borderlines and Codependents who relegate the regulation of their emotions and moods to their intimate partner."

WARNING: Don’t Join Narcissist’s Death Cult (Narcissist Forgets, Recalls You DAILY)
    Prof. Sam Vaknin
    289K subscribers
    Last edited by onawah; 11th September 2023 at 03:34.
    Each breath a gift...

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th September 2023), Harmony (11th September 2023), Sue (Ayt) (11th September 2023)

29. Link to Post #295
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Get Parasite Narcissist Out of Your Colonized Mind
    Prof. Sam Vaknin
    289K subscribers
    May 22, 2023

"The shared fantasy results in a mass psychogenic illness affecting both members of the couple as well as in the victim's prolonged grief disorder.

This is because the grooming phase involves the induction of a trans or pseudo-hypnotic dissociative state in the suggestible targets: amnesia, depersonalization, derealization (gaslighting), and fantasy (paracosm).

The abuser entrains ("brainwashes") the abused party's mind and deploys intermittent reinforcement, approach-avoidance, trauma bonding, and abuse in all its forms to effect a transfer of regulatory functions from the victim to himself.

The entrainment of the abuser's intimate partner consists of the reorganization of her mind so that it generates nonautonomous cognitions and emotions ("artefacts") intended to make sense of the shared fantasy. These linger long after it is over."

Each breath a gift...

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th September 2023), Flash (18th September 2023), Harmony (14th September 2023)

31. Link to Post #296
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,006 times in 904 posts

Very interesting to see Sam Vaknin with his wife, I am impressed with how much respect he seems to have for her and how much awareness there seems to be in their relationship.
    I have listened to 100s of hours to Vaknin over the years when learning about narcissism.
    All very insightful.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th September 2023), Flash (18th September 2023), Harmony (17th September 2023), onawah (16th September 2023)

33. Link to Post #297
    Language
    English
    Thanks

How Narcissist Experiences/Reacts to No Contact, Grey Rock, Mirroring, Coping, Survival Techniques
    Prof. Sam Vaknin
    290K subscribers
    Sep 18, 2020

(In which Vaknin describes what it is like to be a narcissist, using himself as an example.)

"Mind of the Psychopathic Narcissist
    How does the narcissist experience your survival and coping strategies, such as no contact, grey rock, mirroring, withholding, and background noise? "
    (ENGLISH Excerpts)

Full lecture here:

• Manipulate the Narcissist and Live to...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uM13pZxBLM&t=0s

Each breath a gift...

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th September 2023), Flash (18th September 2023)

35. Link to Post #298
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Narcissistic Abuse: 21 Signs You’ve Recovered, Healed, Moved On
    Prof. Sam Vaknin
    290K subscribers
    Jul 4, 2023

"Victims and Victimhood
    WATCH Narcissistic Abuse Healing and Recovery Playlist

• Deprogram the Narcissist in Your Mind

WATCH 20 Signs that Narcissist Infected YOU (Zombie Narcissism)

• 20 Signs that Narcissist Infected YOU...

No disparaging introjects traceable back to him (incl. flying monkeys)

No ego dystony or hesitancy in decision-making

Ability to trust restored

No doubting your judgment

Independent reality testing restored (no cognitive distortions)

Sense of agency and self-efficacy restored

Autonomous motivation

No catastrophizing (imminent doom)

No anticipatory anxiety

No addictive cravings or sentimental nostalgia coupled with separation insecurity (abandonment anxiety)

No seeking of same type partner (from narcissistic to anaclitic mate selection)

No maternal or parental impulses (no narcissistic transferences)

No “us”, only “you” (no merger or fusion in a shared fantasy as well as intact boundaries, no enmeshment or engulfment)

No attempts to mind read

No self-sacrificial, people pleasing impulses (no emotional blackmail)

No infantile defenses

No self-idealization or self-devaluation, just realistic introspection and self-awareness

Restored functioning: social, workplace, as a parent, empathy

No emoting by proxy (crying in a movie)

No trust aversion or dread of intimacy

No victimhood stance – assuming personal responsibility"

Each breath a gift...

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th September 2023), Flash (18th September 2023)

37. Link to Post #299
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Mourning Yourself After Narcissistic Abuse
    Prof. Sam Vaknin
    290K subscribers
    Mar 15, 2023

"Mind of the Psychopathic Narcissist
    When you break up with the narcissist, you literally fall apart. To end your grieving is to acknowledge and accept the loss of an object - but that object is YOU.
    You cannot get over your bereavement because you are mourning yourself.

At first, during the lovebombing and grooming phase, the narcissist offers you unconditional love, as a mother would.
    Then he idealizes you and causes you to become infatuated with your own idealized image.
    He invites you into a simulation, a paracosm, a shared fantasy where you merge/fuse into a single selfobject.
    Then he withdraws all these. He cancels YOU."

(The more I listen to Vaknin's detailed and very insightful explanations of how narcassism works, the more I appreciate his unique perspective, and the more sense it all makes.
    He deserves the accolades he has been receiving professionally for his accuracy.)
    Each breath a gift...

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th September 2023), Flash (18th September 2023), Franny (17th September 2023), Yoda (17th September 2023)

39. Link to Post #300
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by meat suit (here)
    Very interesting to see Sam Vaknin with his wife, I am impressed with how much respect he seems to have for her and how much awareness there seems to be in their relationship.
    I have listened to 100s of hours to Vaknin over the years when learning about narcissism.
    All very insightful.
    of course he has respect for her in public, it serves his image, it serves him. Nothing to do with her, with true respect for her being.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th September 2023), Yoda (17th September 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 1 5 15 16 LastLast