+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 5 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Avalon Member Seabreeze's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,293 times in 594 posts

Default Re: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

Thank Flash & Keyholder, I appreciate your advices very much. Have to think it all over...what to do is best.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Joe (8th January 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (5th January 2019), justntime2learn (6th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

Default Re: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

Joe From the Carolinas--How To Outsmart Narcissistic Personality Disorder - The Series BEGINS!
    Published on Jan 2, 2019

"You CAN outsmart a narcissist. This idea of NPCs has been fairly popular. Where is the jungle gym for how to outsmart narcissistic personality disorder? I believe that NPCs or narcissistic player characters are wonderful individuals that need understanding and firm boundaries. The base rates of narcissism makes it fairly paranormal, while the emotionally heavy narcissistic abuse and gaslighting doesn't help it feel normal at all. Have no worries - As a paranormal and mystery researcher my channel will continue to explore ufology, secret space, secret government programs and technologies, permaculture, as well as primary source material research on all kinds of topics myself and my team find interesting."
    #NPCs #Narcissists #NarcissisticPersonalityDisorder #Psychology
    Each breath a gift...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Joe (8th January 2019), Seabreeze (6th January 2019)

5. Link to Post #83
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I don*t know if you did hear of this already, but there are brain abnormalities found in narcissists.

NPD patients had smaller GM (grey matter) volume in the left anterior insula. Independent of group, GM volume in the left anterior insula was positively related to self-reported emotional empathy. Complementary whole-brain analyses yielded smaller GM volume in fronto-paralimbic brain regions comprising the rostral and median cingulate cortex as well as dorsolateral and medial parts of the prefrontal cortex.

You can read about it here :
    https://www.recoveryranch.com/articl...n-narcissists/

.......the same goes for psychopaths...but it is not the same abnormality than found in the narcissists.

the researchers observed deformations in another part of the brain called the amygdala, with the psychopaths showing a thinning of the outer layer of that region called the cortex and, on average, an 18-percent volume reduction in this part of brain.

"The amygdala is the seat of emotion. Psychopaths lack emotion

Here you can read about it :
    https://www.livescience.com/13083-cr...ce-ethics.html

Narcissts are harmless compared to Psychopaths..I think....did expierience both of them on my way already and must say, the Psychophaths are more dangerous and ice cold...only pretending to have emotions for others. And they all have a very good selfesteem...and think they are the middle of the world.

The Narcissits just pretends to have a good selfesteem, but inside it is a very insecure person...needing attention around the clock.

Both of them are excellent actors.......

I dont know if this is right, I am only guessing...I think the narcisstic behavior is often caused by expierences the person made while being a child...which can cause certain blockings (feelings/emphaty) and building up the constantly need of attention........??

Just thinking about it. I am not ready to give it all up and run away. I think I might found a way to bring in a healing of my relationship. I believe it is possible.

I am practicing an extremely powerful self-transformation technique by now, got in contact with my subconsciousness, find answers and solutions by it...it is amazing.
    Last edited by Seabreeze; 6th January 2019 at 22:02.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Joe (8th January 2019), onawah (7th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Quote Posted by Whisper (here)
    I don*t know if you did hear of this already, but there are brain abnormalities found in narcissists.

NPD patients had smaller GM (grey matter) volume in the left anterior insula. Independent of group, GM volume in the left anterior insula was positively related to self-reported emotional empathy. Complementary whole-brain analyses yielded smaller GM volume in fronto-paralimbic brain regions comprising the rostral and median cingulate cortex as well as dorsolateral and medial parts of the prefrontal cortex.

You can read about it here :
    https://www.recoveryranch.com/articl...n-narcissists/

.......the same goes for psychopaths...but it is not the same abnormality than found in the narcissists.

the researchers observed deformations in another part of the brain called the amygdala, with the psychopaths showing a thinning of the outer layer of that region called the cortex and, on average, an 18-percent volume reduction in this part of brain.

"The amygdala is the seat of emotion. Psychopaths lack emotion

Here you can read about it :
    https://www.livescience.com/13083-cr...ce-ethics.html

Narcissts are harmless compared to Psychopaths..I think....did expierience both of them on my way already and must say, the Psychophaths are more dangerous and ice cold...only pretending to have emotions for others. And they all have a very good selfesteem...and think they are the middle of the world.

The Narcissits just pretends to have a good selfesteem, but inside it is a very insecure person...needing attention around the clock.

Both of them are excellent actors.......

I dont know if this is right, I am only guessing...I think the narcisstic behavior is often caused by expierences the person made while being a child...which can cause certain blockings (feelings/emphaty) and building up the constantly need of attention........??

Just thinking about it. I am not ready to give it all up and run away. I think I might found a way to bring in a healing of my relationship. I believe it is possible.

I am practicing an extremely powerful self-transformation technique by now, got in contact with my subconsciousness, find answers and solutions by it...it is amazing.
    Good analysis.

As for healing the relationship, if you think you can have your partner modify his brain, better be very early, it is almost impossible without the consciousness or something lacking, in those in which it is lacking, and the strong, very strong desire and will to change, which is almost never (99.99999999% ot time) the case in narcissists.

As far as psychopaths, it is a 100 % of the time lack of consciousness and lack of will/desire.

Someone wanting to modify its neurological pathways and develop some new neurons has to work at it for years, I truly mean counting in dozens of years, with daily brain and body practices, extremely difficult. And older the person, more difficult it is. Most abandon. And this is for people who have no narcissism or psychopathy, therefore the desire of change and betterment.

Quote I am practicing an extremely powerful self-transformation technique by now, got in contact with my subconsciousness, find answers and solutions by it...it is amazing
    Great, come on, lets share with us, if you do not mind.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Joe (8th January 2019), justntime2learn (7th January 2019), onawah (7th January 2019), Seabreeze (7th January 2019)

9. Link to Post #85
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Your guess is supported by Sam Vaknin, an expert in narcissism, and a self-admitted narcissist himself. There are some excellent posts featuring talks from his youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/samvaknin
    ...on this thread. [QUOTE=Whisper;1268112]

/QUOTE]
    Each breath a gift...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Joe (8th January 2019), Seabreeze (7th January 2019)

11. Link to Post #86
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

Mahalo, thank you, for your feedback onawah & Flash.
    Last edited by Seabreeze; 27th July 2019 at 02:03.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

deborah7371 (7th January 2019), Flash (8th January 2019), Joe (8th January 2019), justntime2learn (8th January 2019), onawah (8th January 2019)

13. Link to Post #87
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

...deleted post....
    Last edited by Seabreeze; 27th July 2019 at 02:04.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Flash (8th January 2019), Joe (7th January 2019), onawah (8th January 2019)

15. Link to Post #88
    Language
    English
    Thanks

More great insights into the empath/narcissist relationships, which follow definite patterns, from a great source, Vital Mind Psychology:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_P...GMQQ/playlists

The characteristic of empaths which is often their downfall is PRIDE, which makes them think they can heal the narcissist, and which the narcissist will use to their great advantage to gain energy supply.
    The seeming contradiction to the empath's characteristic of pride is the strength of the internal critic.
    See:
    These 3 may be especially helpful:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb6p...W7zenDRaEQ2bOL

Each breath a gift...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Joe (8th January 2019), justntime2learn (8th January 2019), Seabreeze (26th January 2019)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Whisper: Now, knowing my partner is a narcissist....I feel kind of helpless and unsecure, not knowing really what to do. I think I can not trust him at all, knowing he has no empathy for me. It hurts to find this out.
    Leave baby, leave. There is not much else to do.

And be sure that the disgusting behavior will be enhanced and make you quite distraught while you are leaving. Prepare your departure, but there is a good chance he will guess it. Be mentally prepared to be strong and to cut all ties.

Tough road, but necessary one. It may take as many years to cure your PTSD from these experiences, and you may fall for other narcissists if you do not learn to love yourself and refuse being damaged by anybody.
    @ Whisper,

Once again, I have to agree with flash 100% !

Here's another thread with more stories and advise. Hope it helps: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ight=Sociopath

Blessings on your journey, J
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Joe (8th January 2019), onawah (8th January 2019), Seabreeze (26th January 2019)

19. Link to Post #90
    Language
    English
    Thanks

That makes sense, because narcissism is an adaptive response to trauma, and may be what expert on narcissism Sam Vaknin thinks. ( A genius, whose IQ tested off the charts, he started his university education at age 9.)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Vaknin
    I haven't listened to all this yet, but it's one of his latest interviews, and from the title, is probably addressing the question at hand:

But this is one of the comments on the youtube page: Ben Coles
    1 week ago
    "Vaknin is full of great insights. However, there is a glaring contradiction: on the one hand he says the future will be dominated by narcissists (selfish, unempathetic, amoral etc) while on the other he says the future belongs to people with female traits (empathetic, caring, cooperative etc). Which one is it?"

I like the title of this one!

Quote Posted by Joe (here)

This gets me thinking though. Could an entire culture become narcissistic or promote individual narcissism?
    Last edited by onawah; 8th January 2019 at 16:21.
    Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bruno (8th January 2019), Joe (8th January 2019), justntime2learn (8th January 2019), Seabreeze (26th January 2019)

21. Link to Post #91
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 times in 456 posts

Nowadays the term "Narcissist" has become a commonly used word for what is called an "Emotional Vampire", or "Energy Vampire".

Emotional vampires feed off of your positive energy while leaving you totally drained.
    When you’re feeling joyful, self-assured and confident, they try to come around to "deflate" you with put-downs, criticism or an underhanded tactic to sabotage or undermine you or your ideas.

Interestingly, just as mythical vampires can “bite” their victims and turn them into vampires, I find that the longer you’re around a narcissist (emotional vampire), the more you start to pick up on some of their toxic habits and emotional states...... which was rather shocking when I experienced it.

That’s why it’s important to get as far away as you possibly can, especially if you’re an empath who internalizes the emotions of others like a sponge.

The last thing you need is to become so toxic yourself in response to these types that you forget where the predator begins and you end.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

Joe (8th January 2019), justntime2learn (8th January 2019), Mike (8th January 2019), onawah (8th January 2019), Seabreeze (26th January 2019)

23. Link to Post #92
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

Quote Posted by Deux Corbeaux (here)
    Nowadays the term "Narcissist" has become a commonly used word for what is called an "Emotional Vampire", or "Energy Vampire".

Emotional vampires feed off of your positive energy while leaving you totally drained.
    When you’re feeling joyful, self-assured and confident, they try to come around to "deflate" you with put-downs, criticism or an underhanded tactic to sabotage or undermine you or your ideas.

Interestingly, just as mythical vampires can “bite” their victims and turn them into vampires, I find that the longer you’re around a narcissist (emotional vampire), the more you start to pick up on some of their toxic habits and emotional states...... which was rather shocking when I experienced it.

That’s why it’s important to get as far away as you possibly can, especially if you’re an empath who internalizes the emotions of others like a sponge.

The last thing you need is to become so toxic yourself in response to these types that you forget where the predator begins and you end.
    I posted a thread a while back that is similar to what's being discussed on this post. Hope it helps: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...hlight=Vampire

Quote Psychic Vampire:

Drains the positive emotional energy of others. They use any methods to fill the void they have deep within themselves. Best way to stop a psychic is to set emotional boundaries. Psychic Vampires require direction in life to learn how to become independent and not co dependent as they are so used to. Like an addict they can drain others rapidly and always have 1 main characteristic of being needy emotionally and requiring some form of reassurance. Psychic Vampires always attract each other as they love to be social. There is always a head Psychic Vampire that leads the others that they respect. Psychic Vampires should avoid psychic poisoners at all cost for they will lead the psychic vampires to feel more drained and desperate.

Psychic Donor's:

Like to provide reassurance for others by constantly giving and providing positive emotions. They must watch out for they can easily be drained dramatically of all their joy and feel almost dead. Psychic Donor's need to recognize that they have to also watch out and push themselves beyond their capabilities. Psychic Donor's naturally are optimistic about encouraging and helping others. Psychic Donor's should watch out for psychic poisoners as they will completely drain all of their energy and turn them into a Psychic Vampire to a certain extent yet they know its not right inside.

Psychic Healers:

Very rare to find they know the correct amount of positive emotional energy to provide to others. They have a safety switch inside that lets them know when they are being depleted. As a save yourself before its too late. Psychic Healers transfer their positive energy in exchange for the others negative ones then begin healing the negative one and turning it back into a positive energy. Psychic Healers can help Psychic Vampires and Psychic Donor's to decrease their need since they can pin point the source of the taint and reverse it. Psychic Healers really despise Psychic Poisoners since they can instantly spot them and know what they are doing is bring death to all instead of life for everyone including themselves.

Psychic Poisoners:

Are the worst of the worst, they can never give only take. Psychic Poisoners are almost completely deprived of all positive emotions except the one that is keeping them alive. They have a very negative outlook for others saying if I cant have it then no one can. Psychic Poisoners are very 2 faced one to get your guard down the other to keep you in a mirage while they are secretly stealing your positive emotions in exchange for their negative ones. By the time one realizes or escapes, the damage has already been done. Psychic Poisoners love Psychic Vampires to manipulate and use them as minions while feeding them poison to keep them under control. Psychic Poisoners are highly attracted to Psychic Donor's since they give selflessly always. Psychic Poisoners can't stand Psychic Healers since they force themselves to really question about how long do you really wish to feel really dead inside knowing that if others find out you'll really be alone to face yourself.
    Last edited by justntime2learn; 8th January 2019 at 19:55. Reason: Added text from link
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (8th January 2019), Joe (8th January 2019), onawah (8th January 2019), Seabreeze (26th January 2019)

25. Link to Post #93
    Thanks

I felt on this video which I find quite quite interesting.

Don't rely on its title for describing its content, because it does not.

It described the difference between narcissistic (over narcissism), borderline personality disorder and Histrionic personality disorder, while comparing with PTSD disorders (post traumatic stress disorder).

He shows how a narcissist, often attributed to men, often has its equivalent in borderline personalities, but that both are in fact different sides of narcissism. In fact, from what I see, the borderline would be more the covert narcissist type.

He also tell how PTSD, which often seems like borderline symptoms, is in fact treatable and that you can have PTSD due to exposure to narcissism and psychopatic destruction.

It is for those who already have some basis in psychology

To listen to the end, good information up to the end

Last edited by Flash; 8th January 2019 at 19:41.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Joe (8th January 2019), justntime2learn (8th January 2019), onawah (8th January 2019), Seabreeze (26th January 2019)

27. Link to Post #94
    Language
    English
    Thanks

New talks on narcissism from Sam Vaknin
    Narcissism, the New Faith -
    Part 1: Distributed God and Human Sacrifice
    1/14/19

Narcissism, the New Faith - Part 2: Missionary Cult and the End of Society

Narcissism: The New Normal? (Mental Health Speak Show)

Sam Vaknin
    Published on Jan 15, 2019

"Host of Mental Health Speak Show, LaTonya Davison, asks Sam Vaknin about the formation of pathological narcissism in early childhood, whether narcissism is the new normal, explores Cold Therapy, and discusses narcissism as a new, global faith.

LaTonya Davison is a social psychologist and LMSW (Licensed Master Social Worker).

Sam Vaknin ( http://samvak.tripod.com/mediakit.html ) is the author of Malignant Self-love: Narcissism Revisited as well as many other books and ebooks about topics in psychology, relationships, philosophy, economics, international affairs, and award-winning short fiction.

He is Visiting Professor of Psychology, Southern Federal University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia and Professor of Finance and Psychology in CIAPS (Centre for International Advanced and Professional Studies)."
    Each breath a gift...

28. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

First five minutes of the video, Dr Peterson describes how psychopathy detected in childhood (4 years old) is extremely stable over time and a very strong predictive of real problems makers later on in life.

The student ask a long question unrelated to start with, then Dr Peterson starts with psychopathy, to go into IQ and people later on.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (23rd January 2019), Hervé (23rd January 2019), justntime2learn (23rd January 2019), onawah (23rd January 2019)

30. Link to Post #96
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It would be interesting to hear a discussion between Peterson and Sam Vaknin about narcissism and how it is manifesting in the current controversies and media-driven politics!
    Each breath a gift...

31. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Flash (23rd January 2019)

32. Link to Post #97
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    It would be interesting to hear a discussion between Peterson and Sam Vaknin about narcissism and how it is manifesting in the current controversies and media-driven politics!
    yes it would

Here Dr Peterson on psychopath, part of one of his courses at University of Toronto

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

justntime2learn (24th January 2019), onawah (24th January 2019)

34. Link to Post #98
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hey, thanks to all of you for all the feedback to my story. And I am getting more close to the point...you all did advice me to - to leave. But it will take some time. I have to clear certain things first. It is not easy. I am pretty much hooked into this relationship for a long time already.

I just came back from a one week trip - which was very rough and filled with narcisstic tactics by my man...and I am totally drained out by now. Just tired and no more energy for nothing. I have to recover from this past week and try to build up some energy again. Which will not be easy either being around a narcissist daily.

He really did everything to make this past trip difficult. I gave it up, long time already to try to explain this or that to him. It does not make sense to put in all this energy to explain something towards a narcissist - because he wont listen anyways. All what is important to a Narcissist is what he has to say, what he thinks and thinks to know....

He often, just falls me, into the middle of a sentences I try to say...cutting me of this way...without even knowing what I am trying to say. Thats his favorite style. And not only cutting me off verbaly...he will continue speaking until I just give it up to say anything at all.

Or he quickly changes the subject into something, which has nothing to do with the subject anymore which was brought up first. He often goes on like this until I resignate. I am so tired of this.

And I dont see, why I should try to figgure out how come he is like this or that or why does he react like this and not the other way and so on...... I think the Narcissists take way to much time and energy of other peoples already. They are energy vampiers. I am not a doctor or therapist.

He should think about how he can change his bad habbits or how come he is how he is. And find professional help for himself. But me, I am getting tired to do so. I did spend many years already into this and it still is not getting any better. I have to think more about myself and what this narcisstic field I am in, does to me and towards my health.

He has good sides too - surely. But it is getting destroyed permanently by the narcisstic actions which are around daily. It was not always like this...but now I know, in the beginning he just was playing this game the narcissits play first....very understanding and polite and pretending he is thinking the same way I do and so on...... It is hurting to find out this was all only a fake and a bunch of lies.....

Anyways, I did listen to this video here..and this is pretty much what I expierience in communication with my partner daily :

This video is a daughter / narcissist father communication....but pretty much the same I go through every day...

Last edited by Seabreeze; 27th July 2019 at 01:52.

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (27th January 2019), ErtheVessel (26th January 2019), Hervé (27th January 2019), Jean-Marie (27th January 2019), Joe (26th January 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (28th January 2019), justntime2learn (26th January 2019), onawah (26th January 2019), Pam (13th February 2019)

36. Link to Post #99
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I'm sure I speak for everyone, Whisper, in congratulating you for understanding and and supporting you in being ready to move on, and wishing you a speedy, positive transition!
    Quote Posted by Whisper (here)

And no worry, if I get out of this somehow....there wont be no danger I will end up with another narcissist again. I wont be looking for another relationship.
    PS Be aware the narcissists who may show up in an empath's life may not always be their mate--it can be a boss, a "friend", an associate, etc....
    Last edited by onawah; 26th January 2019 at 22:24.
    Each breath a gift...

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Hervé (27th January 2019), Jean-Marie (27th January 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (28th January 2019), justntime2learn (27th January 2019), Pam (13th February 2019), Seabreeze (26th January 2019)

38. Link to Post #100
    United States Avalon Member ErtheVessel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,280 times in 131 posts

A conversation with a narcissist is never about communication between two people. Not Ever. The only reason a narcissist talks to you, or to anyone, is to manipulate some kind of response from you that will confirm and support his or her own self-image and reality. If that can be done positively (idealizing/flattery), that's great, if not, it will be done negatively (cruelty, blaming, etc.) It matters not at all to them. To continue to hope that at some point the narcissist will actually listen to what you are saying, or be reasonable and rational, or take responsibility for his or her words or behavior in any way, is always a false hope and a futile fantasy.

I do believe narcissism is a response to childhood trauma (and perhaps soul loss due to that trauma), and I actually have some compassion for them about that. It's a terrible thing that I would not wish on anyone. But that doesn't mean I know how to fix them or that my love and dedication and life energy will help or heal them even one iota. I've learned this the hard way.

Compassion is essential in life, and yet we are each primarily responsible for the growth of only our own soul. For me, I finally know that it is impossible for me to give to the narcissist what he truly needs. Perhaps no one can give him that. Or if they can, he must genuinely ask for their help first. Only then is there hope of change or some kind of healing.

That's my 2 cents, anyway.
    Last edited by ErtheVessel; 27th January 2019 at 06:31.

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ErtheVessel For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (27th January 2019), Hervé (27th January 2019), Jean-Marie (27th January 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (28th January 2019), justntime2learn (27th January 2019), onawah (27th January 2019), Seabreeze (27th January 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 5 15 16 LastLast