+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 9 16 LastLast

Thread: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

1. Link to Post #161
    United States Avalon Member Seabreeze's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,293 times in 594 posts

Default Re: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

The psychopath...can not be healed, I believe......They found out in a study..there is a part of their brain where something is shrinked or damaged.... I had a psychophat in my family...which I found out about 3 years ago...she passed away last year.... But at least for the last 3 years I knew what I am dealing with....and to finally know what is the case...did explain a lot to me......which I could not understand before.

The Narcissist...is a different thing and I believe some of them can change..... Dont forget about those who start to become narcisstic themselves, by being around a Narcissist for to long......

which maybe did grow up with a narcisstic parent for example....this was a learning or protecting process..which went the wrong way.....

I believe they could change....but first of all ...they need to realize the facts and they need to really want to change and to get rid of their narcisstic ways.....

Well, I hope it is possible for some of them to find the right way. They are often very amazing people......

I dont know if I am right or wrong, thinking this way......

In fact...I am pretty confused at the time.....
    Last edited by Seabreeze; 28th May 2019 at 11:11.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2019), onawah (30th May 2019), Valerie Villars (21st October 2019)

3. Link to Post #162
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: 20 Basic Tactics Used By Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths To manipulate And Silence A Prey

I was wondering...could it be some medications build up with time a even more narcisstic behavement? I did recognize..by now...I can not even have a normal conversation anymore with my partner on the phone. This use to be diffrent before. We are only talking on the phone for 2 month by now (yes I know...everybody says best is no contact at all)........

Or does it have to do with me recognizing more, knowing the signes? I just was wondering about this, if it could be certain medications can cause narcisstics attitudes? What do you think?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2019), Valerie Villars (21st October 2019)

5. Link to Post #163
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    Quote Posted by happyuk (here)
    In the UK at least, some small positive steps in the right direction appear to be being made.

I never knew this until recently, but in 2015 a new UK law banning controlling behaviour came into effect with the aim of helping to protect those in unhealthy relationships:

https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/14_plus...violence-law-/

https://www.disrespectnobody.co.uk/
    Does anyone actually believe that a government can legislate controlling behavior? What a huge overstep by the government. Do you really want a government deciding how you should behave in your private life if you are not committing a crime? Wouldn't their resources be better spent in education and awareness of personality disorders and how to effectively deal with them and also provide assistance in getting out of unhealthy relationships. Wouldn't it be better to empower those that are being controlled with understanding of why they get into these relationships?
    It depends on the type of control. I helped a young woman and her 2 daughters escape from an abusive pig who made it impossible for her to get a job in the small town where she resided. He slandered her to the point nobody would hire her.

He threatened he'd tell police she was beating her children if she tried to leave. He phoned her every five minutes if she left the house. He began a reign of terror where he would wake her up in the middle of the night and berate her for hours on end. It was usually because a man smiled at her (in a friendly not leering fashion) during the day and she smiled back.

She was chronically sleep deprived. It was terrible what he did to her. Total trauma. I pushed her to call the cops before she even began packing to leave, in the event he did go berserk, or more berserk.

She called the cops and they stayed with her while she packed. They took her seriously, believed that he had been threatening her and booted him right out of town. Perfect. Turns out he had a police record of doing exact same thing to many other women.

Mental torture is real and as bad as physical torture. Harder to prove, for sure. I hear you on that one. But should it be prosecuted? In some cases....yes
    Last edited by AutumnW; 30th May 2019 at 21:09.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2019), Ivanhoe (18th October 2019)

7. Link to Post #164
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by Whisper (here)
    I was wondering...could it be some medications build up with time a even more narcisstic behavement? I did recognize..by now...I can not even have a normal conversation anymore with my partner on the phone. This use to be diffrent before. We are only talking on the phone for 2 month by now (yes I know...everybody says best is no contact at all)........

Or does it have to do with me recognizing more, knowing the signes? I just was wondering about this, if it could be certain medications can cause narcisstics attitudes? What do you think?
    There is a theory that one of the reasons for the near financial total meltdown of the US in 2008, was due partly to the mass consumption of prozac in the financial industry. I figure those at the apex of that pyramid were psychopaths, their immediate underlings, aggressive narcissists, those beneath them likely depressed about what was going on....and on drugs. Possibly too, those who were in the regulatory bodies tasked with oversight were not only underfunded but taking SSRIs too (prozac etc...)

SSRI's can impede empathy in some people and make them a little more fearless. So yes, there is a subset of humanity that very may well have some form of acquired narcissism from their prescribed medication.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2019), Seabreeze (30th May 2019), Sue (Ayt) (12th October 2019), Valerie Villars (21st October 2019)

9. Link to Post #165
    Language
    English
    Thanks

..-----------........
    Last edited by Seabreeze; 31st May 2019 at 05:00.

10. Link to Post #166
    Language
    English
    Thanks

looks like this thread did fall into sleep..... I find it important for others to know what a narcissist or a psychophat is...what damage is done by those and how to protect yourself from them.... Best is...stay away from them if possible.....

update on me...got weak....what a waist of time...I had to leave again. Now I am sitting in a country I never been before and dont really know how to go on.
    My head is a mess...not to talk about my feelings...and I am afraid I might havé
    a PTSD.....

It proably will take a while until I am back in balance again.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2019), justntime2learn (18th October 2019), Mashika (21st October 2019), Valerie Villars (12th October 2019)

12. Link to Post #167
    Language
    English
    Thanks

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2019), Inaiá (13th October 2019)

14. Link to Post #168
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,480 times in 2,545 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    SSRI's can impede empathy in some people and make them a little more fearless. So yes, there is a subset of humanity that very may well have some form of acquired narcissism from their prescribed medication.
    Many known studies have reported that Tylenol (acetaminophen) also can reduce empathy.

Quote Together, these findings suggest that the physical painkiller acetaminophen reduces empathy for pain and provide a new perspective on the neurochemical bases of empathy. Because empathy regulates prosocial and antisocial behavior, these drug-induced reductions in empathy raise concerns about the broader social side effects of acetaminophen, which is taken by almost a quarter of adults in the United States each week.
    From painkiller to empathy killer: acetaminophen (paracetamol) reduces empathy for pain
    Last edited by Cara; 12th October 2019 at 16:54. Reason: Fixed quotation atttibution
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2019), justntime2learn (18th October 2019), Seabreeze (16th October 2019), Valerie Villars (12th October 2019)

16. Link to Post #169
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

What is the Gray Rock Method?
    The grey rock method is a technique that removes the fascination and entertainment from a narcissist's life. The grey rock method is a practice where an individual becomes emotionally non-responsive, boring, and virtually acts like a rock.

Acting like a rock and being emotionally non-responsive will bore a narcissist and cause them to quickly lose attention. Instead of going without attention and admiration, a narcissist will be forced to find it elsewhere.

by Tracy Smith LPC, NCC, ACS
    April 26, 2019
    A narcissist is a person who shows a disproportionate interest in themselves. They have a strong desire to be admired by others, strive for attention, and have difficulty enduring criticism or setbacks. Narcissists tend to be grandiose, suspicious, and cynical. They are commonly conceited, scheming, and controlling of others. Being related to, working for, or being in a relationship with a narcissist is an extremely challenging predicament. Terminating contact, distancing, and getting out of a relationship with a narcissist is always ideal, but is not always a practical option. When contact with a narcissist cannot be terminated, the grey rock method can be a valid alternative to manage relations.

A narcissist needs to surround themselves with individuals who fascinate them and who keep them entertained at all times. A narcissist needs to have complete control over others and will use manipulative tendencies to get what they want. They require those in their lives to shower them with attention, reverence, and admiration. The grey rock method is a technique that removes the fascination and entertainment from a narcissist’s life.

The grey rock method is a practice where an individual becomes emotionally non-responsive, boring, and virtually acts like a rock. Emotional detachment serves to undermine a narcissist’s attempts to lure and manipulate, causing them to grow uninterested and bored. The grey rock method takes away what the narcissist needs and desires most–attention.

In order to implement the grey rock method, a person needs to minimize conversations and verbal exchanges as much as they can. While interactions should always be avoided when possible, it is important to refrain from ignoring a narcissist. Instead, an individual should reply with minimal and short responses to limit further conversation. Conversations should center on monotonous or boring topics and a person should attempt to provide one word answers without elaboration or opinion. If a narcissist attempts to bait, a person can utilize nonverbal responses such as nodding and smiling to avoid further engagement.

It is important that a person using the grey rock method never provide any details regarding their personal life to cut off the potential of a narcissist using any of the information to manipulate or lure. It is critical that an individual refrain from letting a narcissist know that they are doing well without them, as the narcissist will become furious and see this as a challenge. A person must refrain from asking a narcissist questions, as it will give a narcissist ample opportunity to highlight their accomplishments while being demeaning and disparaging in the process.

A person should only respond with facts whenever possible, as facts are difficult to challenge or argue. An individual using the grey rock method should stay away from discussing the past, as old arguments can be resurrected and blame can be reassigned. If this occurs, accepting blame and responsibility can be a tactic to further diffuse conversation, even if this is not the way that one truly feels.

Although effective, the grey rock method can be frustrating to implement, especially when one has to suppress their true thoughts and opinions. However, acting like a rock and being emotionally non-responsive will bore a narcissist and cause them to quickly lose attention. Instead of going without attention and admiration, a narcissist will be forced to find it elsewhere.

It is important to note that the goal of the grey rock method is to cause a narcissist to lose interest when having no contact is not a feasible option. In addition, the grey rock method can be utilized with individuals who possess other personality disorders, such as those with antisocial personality disorder or borderline personality disorder, or with others who are abusive or have sinister intentions.
    [article]

How to Stop Gaslighting in Relationships (Plus the Original Gray Rock Story) (13 minutes)

Angie Atkinson
    How to Stop Gaslighting in Relationships (Plus the Original Gray Rock Story) and Tips for Using the Gray Rock Method (Safely)

Communicating with a narcissist can be incredibly frustrating, especially when it matters that they comprehend what you’re saying. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve felt exasperated when trying to have simple conversations with narcissists who are actively gaslighting.

In this video, I'm going to explain to you the three stages of gaslighting, plus exactly why we fall for it. Plus: I'll share the original story of how the gray rock method was invented and named by a woman named Skylar. (from 180rule.com)

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2019), Franny (24th October 2019), Hervé (18th October 2019), justntime2learn (18th October 2019), onawah (18th October 2019), Seabreeze (20th October 2019), Valerie Villars (21st October 2019)

18. Link to Post #170
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Acting like a rock and being emotionally non-responsive will bore a narcissist and cause them to quickly lose attention. Instead of going without attention and admiration, a narcissist will be forced to find it elsewhere......

Yes, I found this out myself...it is correctly. But a husband who looks for attention and admiration somewhere else........is hard for the wife to experience... This is only good if you really want to end the relationship instantly...and better don't hung out to watch....my advice....

Last edited by Seabreeze; 10th November 2019 at 17:34.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2019), Franny (24th October 2019), justntime2learn (21st October 2019), RunningDeer (21st October 2019), Valerie Villars (21st October 2019)

20. Link to Post #171
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Another thing I found out in my case, my husband is practicing bad spells, curses and black magic against people he believes did bad to him.... He use to tell me..people who did me wrong they later on get really harmed, have accidents or something else.

And in one of our last talks, I did ask him.: What are you doing? Are you praying for something bad to happen or what? He said..Yes....
    Quote He use to tell me..people who did me wrong they later on get really harmed, have accidents or something else.
    He told you because he knew you’d believe him. It’s a desperate attempt to control and get juiced off your fear.

Quote Narcissist do not see a reason why people do this and that. For example he does not understand why I left him, because he thinks everything he did and does is allright..but actually it is/was totaly not alright because it was more than painful for me...which he does not recognize, because there is no empathie on his side.
    Note - this is me talking to me:

If he doesn’t understand why I left him, that means I’m still in contact with him. That means I’m contributing to the cycle of abuse. I do not have to care how he SAYS he feels.

It no longer matters if he recognizes how painful it was for me. The most important thing is I get on with my life and make sure it includes lots of self-love.

Quote So he might did practice some bad spell or curse on me. I have to inform myself on how to protect and clean myself from this now.
    A dialogue with myself:
    RunningDeer: “I can’t get on with my life until I study up on how to deflect spells and curses.
    Higher Self - Big Self: “It’s just a way to prolong a critical decision and sink further into the quicksand. Breathe. Journey on Warrior Woman.”

He’s a low frequency man-bot. Alls he can hope to create is enough fear in you so you carry on his puny spells. He wants what you’ve got, Whisper. A warrior spirit. Give yourself permission to create new chapters.

Godspeed. ♡

Last edited by RunningDeer; 21st October 2019 at 02:22.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2019), Franny (24th October 2019), justntime2learn (21st October 2019), Mashika (21st October 2019), onawah (21st October 2019), Seabreeze (21st October 2019), Valerie Villars (21st October 2019)

22. Link to Post #172
    Language
    English
    Thanks

sorry ...deleted.....

I look at it and then I try to let it go where it belongs...in the past.

I am on a one way road....forwards. Did run around in a constant circle long enough.
    Last edited by Seabreeze; 10th November 2019 at 17:35.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2019), Franny (24th October 2019), justntime2learn (21st October 2019), RunningDeer (21st October 2019), Valerie Villars (21st October 2019)

24. Link to Post #173
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Toxic Silence: Why Narcissists Go Silent and How to Cope

by Angela Atkinson

https://queenbeeing.com/toxic-silenc...o-silent-cope/

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2019), Franny (24th October 2019)

26. Link to Post #174
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I am on a one way road....forwards. Did run around in a constant circle long enough.
    Good for you, Whisper. Happy to know things worked out and you're onto creating new chapters.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 21st October 2019 at 04:27.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2019), Franny (21st October 2019), Hervé (24th October 2019), justntime2learn (24th October 2019), Valerie Villars (21st October 2019)

28. Link to Post #175
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here is something, which might be helpful for others also...

Breaking word curses that come from spouse and family members...

a powerful prayer....

Last edited by Seabreeze; 24th October 2019 at 05:37.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2019), Franny (24th October 2019), Hervé (24th October 2019), justntime2learn (24th October 2019)

30. Link to Post #176
    Language
    English
    Thanks

No Contact Rules After Breakup - Narcissistic Relationship Recovery
    (Who Made This Up?)
    (13:41 minutes)
    “…the worst part is because of the addiction factor and all this other stuff. We find ourselves afraid to walk away or unwilling to walk away from these abusers.

Why does that happen? Love, in general, affects the same part of the brain as any other kind of drug. and when we’re talking about a toxic relationship, we almost become stuck directly to that partner by our own brains. This is where our brain betrays us in keeping us safe and healthy.

So this is something we need to remember when we're going through no contact. It’s sort of like detox for us in a way. And in fact, some people if they do go no contact they will almost feel physical withdrawals much like an addict of drugs or alcohol would feel.”

What is the no contact rule exactly?

When we're talking about narcissus the no contact rule means you don't see that person. You don't speak to that person. You don’t visit that person. You don't send gifts. You don't call them. Basically what that comes down to is that when you go into contact with a narcissist. You end all contact with that person.

#1 You stop taking the narcissists phone calls.
    #2 You block them on social media networks.
    #3 You do not encourage or schedule visits with them.
    #4 You stop seeing, speaking to and otherwise interacting with the narcissist.

Now if you have children together this might be slightly different … (continued)
    Angie Atkinson YouTube

Last edited by RunningDeer; 27th October 2019 at 17:26.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2019), justntime2learn (27th October 2019), Seabreeze (1st November 2019)

32. Link to Post #177
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

The narcissist is a person who looks out for themselves and considers everything from their personal perspective only. Most of the population have narcissistic tendencies. They can empathize with others just fine but their focus is the self.

A sociopath is a narcissist on steroids, fully and only focused on themselves to the exclusion of others. A sociopath has limited ability to empathize with the plight of another. This is the gateway to pathology.

A psychopath cannot empathize. This is full on pathology.

By commandeering the word narcissist it makes the entire modern world pathological and in need of therapy. Which is fine with me because it needs therapy. But if the word is usurped and a fine line drawn, what is the pathology of the world to be called?

(in my estimation, there is no difference between a controlling person in love with themselves to the exclusion of others and the average person in society bent on 'making it in the world' at any cost)

Personally, I will not accept this definition of narcissism because I don't want to let the world of the hook. We are all narcissists to one degree or another. It is normal in this society. Let's call these misfits who destroy the lives of their loved ones what they are - sociopaths, and let's not mince words about it - they are sick and in dire need of help!
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2019), Deux Corbeaux (27th October 2019), justntime2learn (27th October 2019), Pam (11th November 2019), RunningDeer (27th October 2019), Sue (Ayt) (27th October 2019)

34. Link to Post #178
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,480 times in 2,545 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    The narcissist is a person who looks out for themselves and considers everything from their personal perspective only. Most of the population have narcissistic tendencies. They can empathize with others just fine but their focus is the self.

A sociopath is a narcissist on steroids, fully and only focused on themselves to the exclusion of others. A sociopath has limited ability to empathize with the plight of another. This is the gateway to pathology.

A psychopath cannot empathize. This is full on pathology.

By commandeering the word narcissist it makes the entire modern world pathological and in need of therapy. Which is fine with me because it needs therapy. But if the word is usurped and a fine line drawn, what is the pathology of the world to be called?

(in my estimation, there is no difference between a controlling person in love with themselves to the exclusion of others and the average person in society bent on 'making it in the world' at any cost)

Personally, I will not accept this definition of narcissism because I don't want to let the world of the hook. We are all narcissists to one degree or another. It is normal in this society. Let's call these misfits who destroy the lives of their loved ones what they are - sociopaths, and let's not mince words about it - they are sick and in dire need of help!
    Amazing, Ernie. I think you have put your finger on the unease that stirs in me when I see how randomly the narcissist label is being tossed about these days. It may actually directly coincide with the level of consciousness expansion an individual has reached. A narrow range of vision can earn the label of this "illness" on most of us, I guess.

(another label that is also tossed about too much these days, I suspect, is that of passive-agressive.)
    Last edited by Sue (Ayt); 27th October 2019 at 18:38. Reason: additional thought
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2019), justntime2learn (27th October 2019), Pam (19th November 2019), RunningDeer (27th October 2019)

36. Link to Post #179
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Defense Against the Psychopath

This is a repost of an empowering 37 minute video divided into 4 sections. An outline is provided below with time stamp. It provides knowledge and tools on how to prevent psychopaths from surreptitiously controlling your life.

The narrator explains that there are two choices in dealing with them: attack or evade. In attack, you need to be in a power position with support to back you. With evasion, avoid them if possible. It's best to remember that they can't be saved. In fact, empathy and pity would only enrage them.
    Part One:

Key Characteristics @ 1:41
    • Lack of Empathy
    • Lack of Remorse
    • Superficiality
    • Grandiosity
    • Irresponsibility
    • Impulsive Behavior
    • Compulsive Lying
    • Manipulative
    • Anti-Social Behavior

Part Two:

Common Types of Psychopaths @ 10:30
    • Narcissists
    • The Victim
    • Con Artists
    • Malevolent Psychopaths
    • Professional Psychopaths
    • Secondary Psychopaths

Part Three:

Method of Operation @ 24:38
    • The Interview
    • The Seduction
    • Divide and Conquer
    • Fear and Tyranny

Part 4:

Defense Against a Psychopath @ 30:06
    • Facing Evil
    • Recognition
    • What Not To Do
    • Attack
    • Evade

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th October 2019), Cara (28th October 2019), Deux Corbeaux (3rd November 2019), Franny (10th November 2019), Inaiá (20th November 2019), justntime2learn (27th October 2019), Seabreeze (1st November 2019), Sue (Ayt) (28th October 2019)

38. Link to Post #180
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by Seabreeze; 3rd November 2019 at 05:15.

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seabreeze For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th November 2019), Deux Corbeaux (3rd November 2019), Franny (10th November 2019), justntime2learn (10th November 2019), Mashika (7th November 2019), RunningDeer (1st November 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 9 16 LastLast