Thread: The Dangerous Side of Sasquatch

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,655 times in 4,302 posts

Default The Dangerous Side of Sasquatch

So I was looking for a thread like this in the cryptozoology section and I failed to find a thread already started that fitted the basic criteria of exploring the genuinely dangerous side of Sasquatch. Now I'm not a hater of the furry man, far from it, but I feel it only fair to share stories and enter into dialogue on this vein given that there are so many instances out there where there indeed seem to be homicidal Sasquatch roaming North America and beyond.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is our first story.

This is a woman in her forties recounting a story that took place in the vicinity of Eureka CA, which just so happens to be right outside the three rivers HOOPA reservation of Patterson-Gimlin fame. She talks about an incident that occurred in 1980 when she was a young girl of 9. She states that her father was often out drinking and he left the mother and two girls alone in this small house on the edge of the woods. The story is about the neighbor who lived right next to this young girl of 9. This neighbor was an older woman 75 years old but in great shape. The woman neighbor would tell the young girl's mother not to leave food out, not to allow the children out after dark and to not allow the older girl's menstrual materials to be left out in the trash. One night the young girl of 9 was awakened by her mother with her mother's hand over her mouth, the mother whispered to be very quiet. The mother motioned for the two girls two peek ever so cautiously through the shades on the window and as they did they saw a very large Sasquatch on the door step of the neighbor woman and a smaller Sasquatch, both on the porch of the neighbor woman and seemingly attempting to gain entry into the older woman's small house.
    The girl's house had a root cellar accessible from the inside of the house and the mother ushered her two young girls into this cellar. From the cellar the young girl hears a god awful howl from the large Sasquatch and what sounds like his ripping through the door to the neighbor woman's house. The older woman is then heard screaming for help. The young girl's mother dare not leave her two children's side. In the morning the police came to investigate what looked like a homicide scene. Blood everywhere and the house tore up. The old neighbor lady was gone and never seen nor heard from again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWaqBoEGOd4

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

avid (30th May 2017), Bill Ryan (30th May 2017), BMJ (29th May 2017), Brigantia (23rd April 2021), Bruno (29th May 2017), Chip (17th January 2019), CurEus (30th May 2017), DeDukshyn (30th May 2017), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), drneglector (18th June 2017), Ewan (14th September 2017), Forest Denizen (17th January 2019), janette (21st April 2021), justntime2learn (30th May 2017), kfm27917 (22nd April 2021), Kristin (29th May 2017), Magnus (30th May 2017), Maknocktomb (31st May 2017), Mercedes (30th May 2017), Michelle Marie (29th May 2017), Mike (30th May 2017), Nasu (30th May 2017), regnak (29th May 2017), Rosco1 (7th August 2021), Shannon (29th May 2017), Spellbound (29th May 2017), Sue (Ayt) (21st April 2021), TrumanCash (30th May 2017), Tyy1907 (30th May 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

Default Re: The Dangerous Side of Sasquatch

I would expect that the Bigfoot phenomenon is similar to the ET phenomenon in that many stories concentrate on the safer side (ie-Steven Greer philosophy).....but what rarely is discussed in the sinister side of these phenomenon. There have been plenty of stories of people who have been attacked by Sasquatch, but it rarely makes the news or MSM, so folks don't hear about it.

There is also the kidnapping which I read in a book when I was a child about Albert Ostman who was prospecting gold in British Colombia in 1924 when he was carried off in his sleeping bag one night by a Sasquatch and held captive for 4 days surrounded by a Bigfoot family.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/ostman.htm

Dave Burton

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

avid (30th May 2017), BMJ (31st May 2017), Chip (17th January 2019), CurEus (30th May 2017), DeDukshyn (30th May 2017), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), DNA (30th May 2017), drneglector (18th June 2017), janette (21st April 2021), justntime2learn (30th May 2017), kfm27917 (22nd April 2021), kirolak (30th May 2017), Kristin (30th May 2017), LadyRavenHeart (21st October 2017), Mike (30th May 2017), Nasu (30th May 2017), TrumanCash (30th May 2017), Tyy1907 (30th May 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)

This is a story given by Butch Bridges a reporter from a small newspaper concerning SW Oklahoma near Thackerville OK. an area called Brown Springs it's on the North bank of the Red River. Butch Bridges stated this is one of the creepiest places he has ever been in, in his life. The story is about a young couple from back in the later 1990's. Butch Bridges has his scanner on like normal so he could get the scoop for his newspaper, Butch shows up to a crime he heard on the police scanner and as he shows up there is police tape and two bodies covered up due to the coroner not having showed up yet. A policeman who was friendly with Butch states that the boyfriend was found nude with his head twisted so it was looking behind his body, the girlfriend was found nude as well and the policeman stated that she had been raped before she was killed due to bruising between her thighs. It gets worse but I'm not going to go there. A police friend of the folks on Outlaw radio backed up the story after looking into it and said yes it actually happened, and that the local police in that area and the local residents have attributed this attack to a band of local bigfoot type creatures.
    I've heard this story before, I've also heard that this area of Ok has a problem with this kind of activity.

The man telling the story is named Tracy he is from East Central Alabama. He had a series of encounters in 02' and 03'.
    He states he told his stories to the local BFRO and that this org. did not report his story as it happened.
    He says he broke down on the road in July or August 2015 it was raining and a heavy storm.
    He says he crosses over into Mississippi when the serpentine best on his van broke.
    He pulls over and calls into the office and they say they will send someone out. He says it was stormy but it was really sticky hot sitting inside his vehicle. So he climbs into the back of his work van and he starts straitening things up, he couldn't run the air and it was hot so he opens the back cargo door of the van.
    He says he had been doing this for about 10 or 15 minutes. He hears a noise right outside the van, he says it sounded like a deer or horse snorting.
    He says he had hit a deer not long before he had broke down. So he is saying to himself there is no way a deer is standing outside his van.
    It's a big dodge sprinter van and he is standing inside the van next to the open cargo door and he looks outside the van and he can't believe what he is seeing.
    He sees 12 inches away, face to face with something he has never seen before in his life.
    He stumbles backwards and trips over some totes carrying magazine. He mentions now that he took a leak on whatever that was.
    So now he is peeing on himself laying on his backside when the Sasquatch looks inside the truck. The man mentions that his boss has had his drivers certified to carry a gun so now all he can think of is reaching for a 45 inside the truck. The Sasquatch sees this and screams inside the truck. This vibrated the entire vehicle, rattling and reeming the truck and hurt his ears. He compares the scream to being next to a train when it hits his horn if you happen to be right next to it.
    So he gets his hand on his pistol and he points it at the Sasquatch, and the Sasquatch is looking back at the guy and his eyes get really big when he sees the gun pointing at it and the Sasquatch lets out a low pitched whistle, the man pulls the trigger but he hasn't loaded a bullet into the chamber so nothing happens and the Sasquatch bounds off.
    The man looks out the passenger window and he sees the Sasquatch moving and screaming again.
    The man takes a shot at the Sasquatch with the 45 and deafens himself having fired the gun inside the vehicle.
    The man says a bolt of lightning then illuminated the area and he could see at least 4 more Sasquatch in the light.
    He said he was deaf due to the 45 being shot inside the vehicle.
    But he could feel the screams of the Sasquatch and he could feel the van being shook by the Sasquatch.
    He then tried to start the vehicle and he prayed it would start and it did. He said he drove the vehicle with no lights and or wipers until he felt he was out of range of these Sasquatch and he pulled over and called his boss to tell him where he was.
    Over all these Sasquatch don't really sound that bad. They could have killed the guy if they wanted to.
    There is also the kidnapping which I read in a book when I was a child about Albert Ostman who was prospecting gold in British Colombia in 1924 when he was carried off in his sleeping bag one night by a Sasquatch and held captive for 4 days surrounded by a Bigfoot family.

I'm aware of this story. It was my take on this one that the Sasquatch had abducted Albert to husband his Sasquatch daughter.
    The Sasquatch kept Albert captive, and he might have died due to being fed only moss but my take here is that the Sasquatch were not really malign or wishing harm on the man.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

avid (30th May 2017), BMJ (30th May 2017), Chip (17th January 2019), CurEus (30th May 2017), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), Forest Denizen (17th January 2019), janette (21st April 2021), kfm27917 (22nd April 2021), Kristin (30th May 2017), Mike (30th May 2017), Nasu (30th May 2017), Rosco1 (7th August 2021), Spellbound (30th May 2017), TrumanCash (30th May 2017), Tyy1907 (30th May 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,979 times in 781 posts

I've come across these accounts before. Contrasting them to First nations and Indigenous people's accounts some patterns emerge.

Usual expressions
    Most of the Sasquatch reports indicate they are very "shy" or prefer not to be observed and go to great lengths to avoid contact with "humans"
    They do seem to exhibit high intelligence
    They can effect an almost "perfect camouflage" even to trained woodsmen
    Some select and "isolated" Sasquatch exhibit "playful" tendencies...but at 1500lbs/700kg their idea of play can be quite damaging.
    It is not unusual to encounter very hostile and aggressive Sasquatch....it is not clear if this is because of a perceived territorial invasion, posturing or something else.
    Toooooooooo many reports of grossly uncomfortable encounters of a sexual nature
    They KNOW what guns are.

Odd and unusual encounters:
    Balls of light
    Grey aliens
    UFO's nearby
    Attacking campsites, cabins or cottages
    Gifting
    Phasing/disappearing

I have no doubt that we have little to no knowledge about EVERY creature on this planet...and those that do are not sharing. Seems to be a moratorium on truth from Forest Services people. Oddities abound. I have very little interest in meeting a Sasquatch as they seem hostile at best or wildly unpredictable in most encounters. Should they have the "intelligence" some have reported there "may" be some isolated groups that are not inherently aggressive....

I would expect that the ones encountered with Greys or other alien types may be part of some "program" or experiment the greys have going on. It is likely they are indigenous to Earth, but some may have been corrupted to serve they grey's...perhaps even one of our forefather's in grey or Annunaki genetic engineering.

Oh and they apparently SMELL rally bad.....Don't some people call them Swamp Monkey's, Stink ape's or some such ?

With the Missing411 investigation I'm happy to steer very clear of them Just sitting in my smog filled city apt 30 stories up AWAY from Sasquatch.......
    Last edited by CurEus; 30th May 2017 at 05:25.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

avid (30th May 2017), BMJ (30th May 2017), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), DNA (30th May 2017), janette (21st April 2021), Mike (30th May 2017), Nasu (30th May 2017), Spellbound (30th May 2017), TrumanCash (30th May 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The below video was brought to my attention some time back by Tyy1907.
    At 49:00 minutes in this unnamed Park Warden talks about a child that was recently abducted. This Park Warden had read the Missing411 books and as such knew to extend the perimeter of the search when nothing was found up close.
    This Park Warden stated that he and two of his Warden co-workers saw a Sasquatch that screamed at them, this Sasquatch was said to have a little boy slung over his back. The Warden was next to tears while stating that he and his co-searchers were unable to track and thus catch up with the Sasquatch.
    The Warden stated the little boy has yet to be found and one has to assume the worst at this point.
    The interview up to this point is rather meandering and not of much value so I would skip to the 49:00 minute mark if I were you.
    I hate hearing about this stuff.
    Folks want to think that Sasquatch is a kind benevolent forest brother who wants to leave you shiny pebbles, but in so far as I can tell, the Sasquatch vary, and those who live along the West Coast especially Yosimite, Oregon and Washington State kind of hate our guts, and actually do not mind eating and or raping human beings.
    The forest is not as safe as we have been lead to believe. There is an Alpha predator in the forest, capable of stalking humans with patience, cunning and using talents humans do not have. They move silently, use cover to remain near invisible and have abilities to stun their prey we do not fully understand.
    These creatures prefer higher altitudes such as tree lines, but move down into valleys under cover of darkness where it appears their night vision makes them most formidable at this time. Forewarned is forearmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OyrJi9BPac

Also while I'm talking about the Sasquatch that live on the West Coast, I'll include this old Newspaper snippet from 1924, I believe it is the oldest media mention of Sasquatch and the descriptions are from Native Americans who were still alive before massive settlers arrived.
    These Native American stories do not paint a rosy kind benevolent forest brother picture of Sasquatch. These tales talk of the same scary, woman abducting, child abducting, cannibalistic beings we now know they are quite capable of being. The accusations made by the Natives in this clipping are very much in line with what David Paulides has documented in his Missing 411 books, especially Paulides' "Western United States 411". In regards to the story below the Seeahtiks are what the Natives refer to as Sasquatch. Also note in the very last paragraph how the Natives refer to the Sasquatch as "brother to the noseless ones". Dude when I read that I felt it pretty apparent that they were talking about the "Greys". This coming from 1924, what a freaking trip!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From an article in the 1924 Oregonian.
    Earliest Documented Bigfoot Sighting in the Pacific NorthWest Parts
    1 and 2.

“Big Bear” Speaks.

Henry Napoleon of the Clallam tribe came upon one of the members of the Seeahtik tribe while out hunting on Vancouver island. He related this story to the writer:
    “I had been visiting relative near Duncan B. C., and while there I had been told man stories of the Seeahtiks by the Cowichan tribe of British Columbia and warned by them not to go too far into the wilderness. However, in following a buck I had wounded, I went in farther than I expected. It was at twilight when I came across an animal that I believed to be a big bear but as I aimed at him with my gun he looked and spoke to me in my own tongue. He was about seven feet tall and his body was very hairy. As he invited me to sit down, he told me that I had come upon him unawares and that his mind had been projected to distant relatives of his, otherwise he (Mr. Napoleon) would never have been seen.

Strange Medicine Used.
    “After we talked for some time he invited me to the Seeahtik’s home. Though it was now dark, yet the giant Indian followed the trail very easily; then we began an underground trail and after hours of travel we came to a large cave, which he said was the home of his people, and that they lived during the winter in the different caves on Vancouver Island. He also told me that the reason they were not seen very much was because they had a strange medicine that they rubbed over their bodies so made them invisible and that combined
    with their wha-ktee-nee-sing or hypnotic powers, made them very strong tamanaweis men. They also told me that they could talk almost any Indian language of the northwest. The next day they led me out and just at twilight I came out of the underground trail and they accompanied me to within a mile of the Indian Village I was staying at.”

Tribe Held Harmless
    The Seeahtik tribe is harmless if left along. However, if one of their members is injured or killed, they generally take 12 lives for the one. This the Indians of the northwest have learned, and even though the Seeahtik tribe steal all their dried meat or salmon, or even steal their women, the Pugeon sound Indians will not try to retaliate, for once the Clallam tribe in righteous indignation captured a young man of the Seeahtik tribe at Seabeck, Wash., and took him across the Hood canal to Brinnon, where other Clallam Indians were camped. Kwainchtun, the writer’s own grandfather, kept telling the Clallams to be careful of the Seeahtik’s supernatural powers, but he was only laughed at. It was later told by Kwaichtun, that while they were still 20 yards from the shore the young Seeahtik made a mighty leap and immediately made for the mountains.

Clallams Are Killed
    Kwaichtun warned his people that they should move, but again he was laughed at. That very night the Seeahtik tribe came down and killed every Clallam there but Kwaichtun, who had moved his family across the canal. The Oregon and Washington Indians of the present believed that the Seeahtik tribe was just about extinct, as it was 15 years since their tracks were last seen and recognized at Brinnon, Wash., where the giant Indians came every fall to fish for salmon in the Brinnon river. Howerver, Fred Pope, of the Quinault tribe, and George Hyasman were fishing for steelheads about 15 miles up the Quinault river, one day in September four years ago, when the were visited by Seeahtik Indians. Mr. Hyasman said he heard and recognized their peculiar whistling before they approached us and in the morning Fred Pope had found that they had stolen all the steelheads we had caught. Therefore, the Indians of the northwest after reading an account of the “big apes” attacking a prospector’s shack immediately recognized the Indians referred to in the The Oregonian as the Seeahtiks, or giant indians.

Their sense of humor is vulgar and obscene as many ordinary Indians have told the writer, therefore, the northwestern Indian is ashamed of this tribe, which is generally referred to as the skeleton in the northwestern Indian’s closet.

The news of the Ape-men, or Seeahtiks continued to be front page news for the Oregonian the next day. (July 17. 1924)

Old Indians of the upper Chehalis, the Cowlitz, and the Quinault asset that Spirt lake is a weird lake. Many strange things have happened there and many weird tales and legends abound in the region of the Spirit lake country. It is said of the old Indians that only the strongest among them sought their Tamanaweis, or sou power, in the lake. There were some who came back and became strong medicine men among their tribe, but more often they were never heard from again.

Tribesmen Deep-Chested.

“In appearance they were much the same. They were tall, narrow hipped and had crooked legs, and at the same time were deep-chested with heavy arms and enormous hands. They were covered with thick hair and had large breasts. Their heads were matted with uncut hair and black glittering eyes like the eyes of birds. Their jaws were massive. At one side of them partly devoured lay the carcass of a deer. It was a clear starlight night and we could make them out very plainly, but they were so ferocious looking my uncle said that he did not stay very long.”

Allen Chenois added that the Tyapish had not killed any Indians of the past generation that he knows of, but he had heard that former Chehalis Indians had been murdered at times by the giant Indians. They were so strong it is known they could pull a grown man’s head right off.

L. Peter James of the Lummi tribe related last year to the writer that the Seeahtik always leaves a tiny branch of cedar tree at places they have visited or upon people whom they have killed or played a practical joke on.
    The Duwamish tribe at one time related that some of their women had been stolen. In retaliation the Duwamish Tribe set out and captured a young male Snayihum and killed him. The Seeahtiks in a rage killed 12 of the Duwamish tribe by ripping them in two. Mr. James’ mother, who is still alive, was a witness to the tragedy. She said; “They took our young men like toys, turning them upside down and ripping them in two like a piece of calico. Never again did the Duwamish tribe seek revenge when their women and babies were stolen by these Snayihum or Indians of the night and brothers to the Noseless one.”

“It was a custom of theirs to steal dried calm from the Lummi Indians,” said Mr. James. “The Seeahtiks are tall, hairy creatures and are great travelers.”
    Last edited by DNA; 31st May 2017 at 15:43.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

avid (30th May 2017), BMJ (30th May 2017), CurEus (7th March 2018), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), Ewan (14th September 2017), Forest Denizen (17th January 2019), Foxie Loxie (18th June 2017), janette (21st April 2021), Mike (30th May 2017), Nasu (30th May 2017), regnak (30th May 2017), robinr1 (30th May 2017), Spellbound (30th May 2017), Tyy1907 (3rd June 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Bigfoot is often accused of abducting women for sex.
    Here is a Native American story about a woman who was abducted just for that.
    I substantiate this claim with a video under the story. The video includes pictures taken by the famous old west explorer John Wesley Powell.
    Powell is famous for his geological expeditions which started in 1869. While during his expeditions, Powell documented and took pictures of some of the Native Americans he encountered. These Natives Powell took pictures of were particularly tall and had quite a bit of hair on their face, chest and legs, something not particularly common among Native Americans of the region. The video is by MK Davis and I think he is an excellent outside the box thinker in terms of Sasquatch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Bigfoot
    Full Story HERE

In the other story my uncle had heard that a few of the Mono Lake Paiute girls were out gathering berries in Piute Meadows, which is located in northern Yosemite National Park. When suddenly one of the girls who was on the edge of the meadow by the trees was heard screaming. The girls ran over there as one of the girls went to call the men. There was no trace of her. She had vanished. The people believed that she was taken by a Grizzly bear or some spirit had captured her. At the camp the family cried and was inconsolable, but the people had to go on. The next day the people started up the hill to trek along the Sierra suddenly in rear was heard a screaming and yelling. It was the girl crying, upset and yelling nonsensical things. She was moving her hands wildly and pointing back to the wooded area. She told the people that as she was picking berries along the meadow by the edge of the forest when a Big Foot or Pahi-zoho had come out behind a tree and grabbed her. He was big, reddish and hairy and she screamed and screamed. He had carried her off and she thought for sure he was going to eat her, but instead he took her into the bushes and forced himself on her. She said he stunk so bad, that it was making her sick and it was extremely painful, that he didn’t talk but grunted all that time. She was too scared to look at him, but could see his reddish big hands and hairy legs and feet, that even his feet had hair on them. They didn’t look human. She said after awhile he just went to sleep, but still had her in his grip in his arms. That his arms were very large and she just laid there scared and thinking that after that he was going to kill her. That he snorted and snored loudly all night long and suddenly almost in the morning he completely lost his grip and she made a quick dash. She ran like she had never run before for she feared for her life. Now she was safe with her people and her family, but later on she started to show signs of pregnancy. The people stayed clear of her accept her friends and family. Nine months later she had a son, a big red headed baby boy who was very hairy. The people were scared at first and some of the men wanted to kill him, but the girl’s mother prevented them. Later the people accepted him into the group for he was a good hunter and he had uncanny natural abilities of sight and smell and was very strong. He married and his children came out more normal looking, but every now and then one of his descendents comes out hairy and with red hair. Many of his descendents are now scattered in many of the Paiute tribes in California and Nevada.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HpmynMhz17E
    Last edited by DNA; 31st May 2017 at 15:45.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

BMJ (31st May 2017), CurEus (7th March 2018), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), Ewan (14th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (18th June 2017), janette (21st April 2021), Matthew (3rd January 2018), Mike (31st May 2017), Nasu (1st June 2017), Spellbound (1st June 2017), Tyy1907 (3rd June 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

BMJ (18th June 2017), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), DNA (20th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (18th June 2017), janette (21st April 2021), Rosco1 (7th August 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

When I was much younger, I read a story about a couple of trappers in Idaho who were hunting beavers. When they set out into the mountains, they felt as if they were being watched. Their first night of camp, they heard a bunch of strange sounds and noticed a foul smelling odor in the air. Next morning they found all their gear messed with and giant footprints everywhere. At that point they decided to pack up and more downstream. In doing this, one trapper (named Bauman) stayed behind to pack up what was left of their traps, while the other trapper went over a mountain to gather up the traps and make camp downstream. When Bauman later caught up with his partner, he found him dead, lying in a pool of blood, with bites taken out of his flesh (some reports had his neck broken as well). This is a rather famous story of a Sasquatch attack that has been handed down throughout the years dating back to US Prez Teddy Roosevelt who went on to tell this story to friends.

Dave - Toronto

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

BMJ (28th August 2017), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), DNA (20th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th August 2017), janette (21st April 2021)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Not sure how to cut and paste the description of these videos so I'll summarize. This is a guy telling of the apparent viciousness of a Sasquatch in and around his property. It killed a number of neighbours dogs. Why I'm not sure. Maybe the dogs would give away it's position too often. This man claims to have heard a deer screaming and later discovering this deer torn limb from limb. It affected him emotionally to the point of him trying to take the Sasquatch out. Part 2 goes into the info he had acquired on Sasquatch being responsible for some of the 411 disappearances and a document stating that any US citizen once entering Yosemite or any other national park no longer is a US citizen once they enter. Weird stuff

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

BMJ (28th August 2017), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), DNA (28th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th August 2017), janette (21st April 2021), Spellbound (28th August 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

When I was much younger, I read a story about a couple of trappers in Idaho who were hunting beavers. When they set out into the mountains, they felt as if they were being watched. Their first night of camp, they heard a bunch of strange sounds and noticed a foul smelling odor in the air. Next morning they found all their gear messed with and giant footprints everywhere. At that point they decided to pack up and more downstream. In doing this, one trapper (named Bauman) stayed behind to pack up what was left of their traps, while the other trapper went over a mountain to gather up the traps and make camp downstream. When Bauman later caught up with his partner, he found him dead, lying in a pool of blood, with bites taken out of his flesh (some reports had his neck broken as well). This is a rather famous story of a Sasquatch attack that has been handed down throughout the years dating back to US Prez Teddy Roosevelt who went on to tell this story to friends.

Dave - Toronto
    Another clip here about the Bauman story from Roosevelt.

Dave - Toronto

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

avid (9th September 2017), Bill Ryan (17th January 2019), BMJ (8th September 2017), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), DNA (8th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th September 2017), janette (21st April 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Interesting story here:

Dave - Toronto

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

avid (9th September 2017), Bill Ryan (9th September 2017), BMJ (11th September 2017), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), DNA (9th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th September 2017), janette (21st April 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Interesting clip here outlining a Squatch coming around a family's homestead in British Columbia back in the early 1900's....for which they were later interviewed by Ivan T Sanderson. They ended up leaving and later losing their house as a result and they never made a dime off their story.

Dave - Toronto

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

avid (14th September 2017), Bill Ryan (17th January 2019), BMJ (4th March 2018), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), DNA (4th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th September 2017), janette (21st April 2021)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Interesting story here of a young man who has had some prior history with squatch in Oregon when he was younger (even had a recording of what he believes was a squatch scream). He left late afternoon by himself one Friday to hike into the mountains to track down bigfoot (or as they refer to it as bigfooting) only he was never seen again leaving behind a wife and child. His friend, goes into the woods afterwards and finds truck, gear still intact, and a trail of footprints and drag marks that lead off into the woods. A small search was led afterwards but with no formal result with the federal gov't taking over the case thereafter.

Dave - Toronto

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th January 2019), BMJ (4th March 2018), CurEus (7th March 2018), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), DNA (4th March 2018), janette (21st April 2021)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Interesting story here of a young man who has had some prior history with squatch in Oregon when he was younger (even had a recording of what he believes was a squatch scream). He left late afternoon by himself one Friday to hike into the mountains to track down bigfoot (or as they refer to it as bigfooting) only he was never seen again leaving behind a wife and child. His friend, goes into the woods afterwards and finds truck, gear still intact, and a trail of footprints and drag marks that lead off into the woods. A small search was led afterwards but with no formal result with the federal gov't taking over the case thereafter.

Dave - Toronto
    I live next to the largest Apache Indian reservation in the United States.
    They actually got some of the best land in terms of Native deals with the Government, beautiful forested land, plenty of water and abundant wild life, Sasquatch sightings as well.
    I have a Native Apache friend and we have talked Sasquatch quite a bit, his questions have now become apparent to me that he sees dollar signs at the mention of Sasquatch and I've told him that through all of my research it has come to my attention that no money can be made from trying to find, capture or kill Sasquatch.
    And that even if he were to be successful in his pursuit the Government would intervene and take the body.
    Further more there are several stories where a pursuit has the led to the demise of the human seeking Sasquatch.
    It is my opinion that only a person with an elevated ethical standard and a highly developed mind/body/spirit bond as developed through meditation should ever attempt such a venture, and even then with absolutely no ill will or thoughts of injuring Sasquatch.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th January 2019), BMJ (14th March 2018), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), janette (21st April 2021), Spellbound (17th March 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Just came across this clip debunking the above noted LaFlore County Massacre. Interesting at the 6:25 mark Gymlan mentions Bluff Creek in the same vein.

Edit - I didn't realize this was the same clip as I posted up above (duh!!). That being said, my point remains about Gymlan making reference to the Bluff Creek incident. There was no massacre at Bluff Creek (or LaFlore Country). Also interesting to note the reference to the movie Bone Tomahawk (starring Kurt Russel) based on the LaFlore story. I'm downloading the flick now to check it out.

Dave - Toronto
    Last edited by Spellbound; 17th January 2019 at 01:32.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th January 2019), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), DNA (17th January 2019), Forest Denizen (22nd January 2019), janette (21st April 2021)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

A series of short descriptions of attacks dating back to the 1800's.

Dave - Toronto

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

avid (22nd January 2019), CurEus (24th June 2020), Denise/Dizi (29th June 2019), DNA (22nd January 2019), janette (21st April 2021)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

I was informed about this documentary series earlier today...about 3 marijuana farmers in Northern California who were, reportedly, ripped to shreds by a squatch. Been itching to post the trailer here at Avalon all day while I was at work. I've also been wondering which would be the correct thread to post this in (TV or as a new Crypid thread). I remembered this thread of DNA's original posting...and figured it'd fit well here. This is a 3 part series that starts tonight on Hulu. I checked for a torrent for it, but came up empty thus far. I'll keep checking and report back once I find one. Here is the trailer:

Dave - Toronto

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st April 2021), Billy (21st April 2021), Blacklight43 (23rd April 2021), Bluegreen (21st April 2021), Constance (22nd April 2021), janette (21st April 2021), Mike (21st April 2021), mountain_jim (22nd April 2021), sunwings (21st April 2021)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,058 times in 10,080 posts

Survivorman

Survivorman Bigfoot | Episode 1 | Alberta | Les Stroud | Todd Standing

Les finds himself in a remote track of forested land in Alberta, Canada, a renowned Bigfoot hot spot. Inundated by requests from fans to uncover the truth about Bigfoot since revealing his own possible Bigfoot encounter while shooting Survivorman in Alaska in 2009, Les seeks to uncover the truth about this elusive and possibly fictitious creature.

Published 10th December 2020 (43:53)

Survivorman Bigfoot | Episode 2 | British Columbia | Les Stroud | Todd Standing

Les continues his survival in the remote area of Northern Alberta and British Columbia to get as close as he can – if that’s possible – to the legend known as Sasquatch. Full of skepticism, Les enlists the help of Bigfoot tracker Todd Standing, who claims to have had multiple interactions with the legendary creature in the area.

Published 20th December 2020 (44:05)

More here:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/SurvivormanLesStroud
    And here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1423450
    And here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1422703
    Last edited by Bluegreen; 22nd April 2021 at 11:07.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st April 2021), Billy (21st April 2021), Constance (22nd April 2021), Icare (22nd April 2021), iota (22nd April 2021), janette (27th April 2021), Mike (21st April 2021)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

I was informed about this documentary series earlier today...about 3 marijuana farmers in Northern California who were, reportedly, ripped to shreds by a squatch. Been itching to post the trailer here at Avalon all day while I was at work. I've also been wondering which would be the correct thread to post this in (TV or as a new Crypid thread). I remembered this thread of DNA's original posting...and figured it'd fit well here. This is a 3 part series that starts tonight on Hulu. I checked for a torrent for it, but came up empty thus far. I'll keep checking and report back once I find one. Here is the trailer:

Dave - Toronto
    I found the torrent....this has episodes 1, 2, and 3 complete. I'm downloading it now.

https://pirateproxy.live/torrent/443....x264-GalaxyTV

Btw, whenever I post torrents, I highly suggest using a VPN to hide one's identity.

Can't wait to dig into this....based on a true story.

Dave - Toronto

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd April 2021), Bluegreen (23rd April 2021), DSKlausler (22nd April 2021), Icare (22nd April 2021), janette (27th April 2021), Mike (27th April 2021)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

Dave - Toronto
    I found the torrent....this has episodes 1, 2, and 3 complete. I'm downloading it now.

https://pirateproxy.live/torrent/443....x264-GalaxyTV

Btw, whenever I post torrents, I highly suggest using a VPN to hide one's identity.

Can't wait to dig into this....based on a true story.

Dave - Toronto
    Many thanks, Dave — downloading them here as well, and we'll put them in the Avalon Library. :thumsbup:

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

DSKlausler (22nd April 2021), janette (27th April 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (22nd April 2021), Spellbound (22nd April 2021), Yoda (22nd April 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast