+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Free Book - THE SECRET TEAM - By L. FLETCHER PROUTY Col., U.S. Air Force (Ret.)

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 times in 144 posts

Default Free Book - THE SECRET TEAM - By L. FLETCHER PROUTY Col., U.S. Air Force (Ret.)

http://www.federaljack.com/col-l-fle...y-secret-team/

Posted to the Book Library also.

how the USA arrived at our current situation.

by Col. Leroy Fletcher Prouty (January 24, 1917 -- June 5, 2001) who served as Chief of Special Operations for the Joint Chiefs of Staff under President John F. Kennedy.

"The Secret Team",per (Author) Col. Fletcher Prouty, took control of the USA Gov't via the JFK Assassination.. because JFK Signed Orders to remove the CIA from Covert Operations in Cuba & Vietnam. He provides a copy of the documents doing so.

. The Out of Control Gov't Debt and Endless Wars came from this period... as the CIA & Corporations drove the Gov't policies.

The BOOK They Don't Want You To READ - THE SECRET TEAM 1973

Author's Notes - THE SECRET TEAM – 2003 Version

The CIA and Its Allies in Control of the United States and the World

By L. FLETCHER PROUTY Col., U.S. Air Force (Ret.)

Online Book available and the source for this Quote at - [link to bilderberg.org]

Title:
    THE SECRET TEAM

Author:
    L. FLETCHER PROUTY

@ 1973 / 1992 / 1997
    L. FLETCHER PROUTY

Published in Malaysia by: THINKER'S LIBRARY SDN. BHD. 123, Jalan Jasa 3, Taman Jasa,
    Sungai Tua, 68100 Batu Caves, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
    Tel: 03 6189 7570 Fax: 03 6187 8525 E-mail: thinkers@tm.net.my

First Thinker's edition 2003

ISBN 967-69-0495-3

Printed by: HEXA PRINT ENTERPRISE SDN. BHD.(Co. No. 25822D-W)

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
    . . . to Len Osanic and all at Bandit Productions for bringing all my work back to life.

. . . to Patrick Fourmy, Dave Ratcliffe and Tom Davis, old friends who have insisted I revise and re-write this old "classic".

. . . to Bill Mullan, Charlie Czapar, Bill Peters, and Dave Fleming, who worked with me in the Pentagon during the fifties, for those fascinating years with "Team B" in Headquarters, U.S. Air Force.

. . . to Charles Peters of The Washington Monthly for publishing the first "Secret Team" article, and Derek Shearer for breathing the whole concept into life.

. . . to General Graves B. (the big "E") Erskine and General Victor H. ("Brute") Krulak, both of the U. S. Marine Corps, my immediate "bosses" and good friends, in the Office of the Secretary of Defense and in the Office of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, for close personal relationships that shaped the course of these events.

. . . and to the hundreds of men with whom I shared these experiences and who must remain nameless and silent because that is the "code" of their chosen profession.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

After I had given the manuscript of the original draft of this book to my editor at Prentice- Hall, in 1972; and had received the galley proof of the first edition back from him, he called me to suggest that I keep it in a safe place at all times. He told me that his home had been broken into the night before, and he suspected it was an attempt to steal his copy of that galley proof. He said, "They didn't get it. It was under the seat of the Volkswagon."

A few days later a nationwide release by the well-known Washington columnist, Jack Anderson, appeared across the country, "Book Bares CIA's Dirty Tricks". In that column, Anderson reported that the CIA had contacted a well-known bookstore in Washington and asked one of the employees to see if he could get a copy of the galley from me, and agreed to pay him $500, if he did. I agreed to meet him at my home that evening.

I suspected his call, but invited him anyway. In the meantime I set up a tape recorder in the umbrella stand near my front door and arranged for it to turn on when I switched on the overhead on the front porch. With that arrangement, I recorded the whole visit including his final burst, "They promised me $500.00, if I got that galley proof." I took that tape to Anderson, and it was the basis of his March 6, 1973 column. The underground attack didn't quit there.

After excellent early sales of The Secret Team during which Prentice ­Hall printed three editions of the book, and it had received more than 100 favorable reviews, I was invited to meet Ian Ballantine, the founder of Ballantine Books. He told me that he liked the book and would publish 100,000 copies in paperback as soon as he could complete the deal with Prentice-Hall. Soon there were 100,000 paperbacks in bookstores all around the country.

Then one day a business associate in Seattle called to tell me that the bookstore next to his office building had had a window full of books the day before, and none the day of his call. They claimed they had never had the book. I called other associates around the country. I got the same story from all over the country. The paperback had vanished. At the same time I learned that Mr. Ballantine had sold his company. I travelled to New York to visit the new "Ballantine Books" president. He professed to know nothing about me, and my book. That was the end of that surge of publication. For some unknown reason Prentice-Hall was out of my book also. It became an extinct species.

Coincidental to that, I received a letter from a Member of Parliament in Canberra, Australia, who wrote that he had been in England recently visiting in the home of a friend who was a Member of the British Parliament. While there, he discovered The Secret Team on a coffee table and during odd hours had begun to read it.

Upon return to Canberra he sent his clerk to get him a copy of the book. Not finding it in the stores, the clerk had gone to the Customs Office where he learned that 3,500 copies of The Secret Team had arrived, and on that same date had been purchased by a Colonel from the Royal Australian Army. The book was dead everywhere.

The campaign to kill the book was nationwide and world-wide. It was removed from the Library of Congress and from College libraries as letters I received attested all too frequently.

That was twenty years ago. Today I have been asked to rewrite the book and bring it up to date. Those who have the book speak highly of it, and those who do not have it have been asking for it. With that incentive, I have begun from page one to bring it up to date and to provide information that I have learned since my first manuscript.

In the beginning, this book was based upon my unusual experience in the Pentagon during 1955-1964 and the concept of the book itself was the outgrowth of a series of luncheon conversations, 1969-1970, with my friends Bob Myers, Publisher of the New Republic, Charlie Peters, founder of The Washington Monthly, and Ben Schemmer, editor and publisher of the Armed Forces Journal, and Derek Shearer. They were all experienced in the ways and games played in Washington, and they tagged my stories those of a "Secret Team." This idea grew and was polished during many subsequent luncheons.

After my retirement from the Air Force, 1964, I moved from an office in the Joint Chiefs of Staff area of the Pentagon to become Manager of the Branch Bank on the Concourse of that great building. This was an interesting move for many reasons, not the least of which was that it kept me in business and social contact with many of the men I had met and worked with during my nine years of Air Force duties in that building. It kept me up-to-date with the old "fun-and-games" gang.

After graduating from the Graduate School of Banking, University of Wisconsin, I transfered to a bank in Washington where in the course of business I met Ben Schemmer. He needed a loan that would enable him to acquire the old Armed Forces Journal. During that business process I met two of Ben's friends Bob Myers and Charlie Peters. We spent many most enjoyable business luncheons together. This is where "The Secret Team" emerged from a pattern of ideas to a manuscript.

As they heard my stories about my work with the CIA, and especially about the role of the military in support of the world-wide, clandestine operations of the CIA, they urged me to write about those fascinating nine years of a 23-year military career. During the Spring of 1970 I put an article together that we agreed to call "The Secret Team", and Charlie Peters published it in the May 1970 issue of The Washington Monthly.

Before I had seen the published article myself, two editors of major publishers in New York called me and asked for appointments. I met with both, and agreed to accept the offer to write a book of the same name, and same concept of The Secret Team from Bram Cavin, Senior Editor with Prentice-Hall.

After all but finishing the manuscript, with my inexperienced typing of some 440 pages, I sat down to a Sunday breakfast on June 13, 1971 and saw the headlines of the New York Times with its publication of the "purloined" Pentagon Papers. [Any reader of the "Pentagon Papers" should be warned that although they were commissioned on June 17, 1967, by the Secretary of Defense as "the history of United States involvement in Vietnam from World War II [Sept 2, 1945] to the present" [1968], they are unreliable, inaccurate and marred by serious omissions. They are a contrived history, at best, even though they were written by a selected Task Force under Pentagon leadership.]

One of the first excerpts from those papers was a TOP SECRET document that I had worked on in late 1963. Then I found more of the same. With that, I knew that I could vastly improve what I had been writing by making use of that hoard of classified material that "Daniel Ellsberg had left on the doorstep of the Times," and other papers. Up until that time I had deliberately avoided the use of some of my old records and copies of highly classified documents. The publication of the Pentagon Papers changed all that. They were now in the public domain. I decided to call my editor and tell him what we had with the "Pentagon Papers" and to ask for more time to re-write my manuscript. He agreed without hesitation. From that time on I began my "Doctorate" course in, a) book publishing and, b) book annihilation.

As we see, by some time in 1975 The Secret Team was extinct; but unlike the dinosaur and others, it did not even leave its footprints in the sands of time. There may be some forty to fifty thousand copies on private book shelves. A letter from a professor informed me that his department had ordered more than forty of the books to be kept on the shelves of his university library for assignment purposes. At the start of the new school year his students reported that the books were not on the shelves and the registry cards were not in the master file. The librarians informed them that the book did not exist.

With that letter in mind, I dropped into the Library of Congress to see if The Secret Team was on the shelves where I had seen it earlier. It was not, and it was not even in that library's master file. It is now an official non-book.

I was a writer whose book had been cancelled by a major publisher and a major paperback publisher under the persuasive hand of the CIA. Now, after more than twenty years the flames of censorship still sweep across the land. Despite that, here we go again with a new revised edition of The Secret Team.

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

Alekahn2 (19th July 2017), Andre (18th July 2017), Bill Ryan (18th July 2017), ceetee9 (18th July 2017), Craig (19th July 2017), CurEus (19th July 2017), enigma3 (18th July 2017), ExomatrixTV (18th July 2017), Flash (18th July 2017), GaelVictor (19th July 2017), genevieve (18th July 2017), Ivanhoe (18th July 2017), jjjones (18th July 2017), Justplain (18th July 2017), Matt P (18th July 2017), Maz (18th July 2017), Nasu (18th July 2017), Noelle (18th July 2017), raregem (18th July 2017), Reinhard (19th July 2017), shadowstalker (18th July 2017), StandingWave (18th July 2017), Sunny-side-up (19th July 2017), Tintin (18th July 2017), wnlight (19th July 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,518 times in 441 posts

Default Re: Free Book - THE SECRET TEAM - By L. FLETCHER PROUTY Col., U.S. Air Force (Ret.)

Fantastic find and a "must read".
    Our destiny is in our hands. Let us visualise a world of truth, freedom and equality.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Andre For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th July 2017), enigma3 (18th July 2017), GaelVictor (19th July 2017), jjjones (18th July 2017), Matt P (18th July 2017), Tintin (18th July 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 times in 144 posts

Default Re: Free Book - THE SECRET TEAM - By L. FLETCHER PROUTY Col., U.S. Air Force (Ret.)

An ex-CIA U2 pilot told me the JFK murder was a CIA hit back in the early 1980's!

Go research it he said. This was the most important book I came across on the topic.

There are websites of video's of Col. Prouty talking about things like Gary Powers U2 event also. Just search for them.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

Matt P (18th July 2017), Nasu (18th July 2017), Tintin (19th July 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,593 times in 672 posts

The 1997 edition of The Secret Team has been available on Dave Radcliffe's site for a long time. Dave's 1989 Interview with L. Fletcher Prouty was released in 1999 as a book called Understanding Special Operations and is also available on his site.
    The only place a perfect right angle ever CAN be, is the mind.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gord For This Post:

Alekahn2 (19th July 2017), Matt P (18th July 2017), Nasu (18th July 2017), Tintin (19th July 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,345 times in 5,388 posts

Thank you Perdido - one for my reading list. Hugely appreciate you sharing this. He is cited by Timothy Good as well, often, in 'Earth: An Alien Enterprise'. Another thread on Avalon, and indeed book, well worth exploring too, if you haven't already. Wonderful stuff and I shall find some time to absorb this book in the coming weeks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Perdido (19th July 2017)

+ Reply to Thread