+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The health care swamp

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

Default The health care swamp

Two videos on the health care swamp: Yes it's Fox news, but the points made are

important and revealing, a good over all view of the health industry.

The first one is on big pharma, the lobbyist , corruption, the regulars, collusion, fraud.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/549943144...=5452746184001
    8:36
    The second on the hospitals, for profit and non-profit, the pay CEO's get, the doctors and the role they play, in the industry and their kick backs.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/550986283...=5452746184001
    7:59

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

avid (18th July 2017), Baby Steps (18th July 2017), Bill Ryan (2nd March 2023), ceetee9 (18th July 2017), Fairy Friend (18th July 2017), Fellow Aspirant (19th July 2017), genevieve (18th July 2017), Hym (19th July 2017), Lifebringer (19th July 2017), Matt P (18th July 2017), Matthew (24th June 2023), Mercedes (18th July 2017), onawah (18th July 2017), Perdido (18th July 2017), raregem (18th July 2017), Snoweagle (18th July 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

Default Re: The health care swamp

well- you could knock me down with a feather....

This is the kind of coverage one can expect to see when the real solutions to our problems are no longer suppressed!
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd March 2023), Hym (19th July 2017), Matt P (18th July 2017), raregem (18th July 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

There will a third one on the health care swamp. I'll keep an eye out for it. It's a shame that the industry has morphed into a greed machine.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Baby Steps (18th July 2017), Bill Ryan (2nd March 2023), Matt P (18th July 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Ireland Avalon Member Snoweagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,632 times in 1,021 posts

The Sackler family:
    https://www.forbes.com/profile/sackler/
    The OxyContin Clan: Forbes . . . :
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmor.../#44043ac175e0
    Meet the Royal family:
    https://sobernation.com/meet-the-fam...ind-oxycontin/
    Richard Sackler . . .
    https://www.statnews.com/2016/05/12/...ycontin-files/

. . . and for a good read, from addiction unlimited, the following article providing an even deeper analysis to how the corruption really works:-)
    Kingpins (Oxycontin) Heroin and the Sackler Sinaloa connection:
    https://addictionunscripted.com/king...oa-connection/

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Snoweagle For This Post:

avid (18th July 2017), Baby Steps (18th July 2017), Bill Ryan (2nd March 2023), Hym (19th July 2017), Matt P (18th July 2017), ramus (19th July 2017), raregem (18th July 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

I bookmarked this page so I can spend time watching all the videos and read the statements. Thanks posters for providing so many links.

I, personally have a great resentment to this industry. No insurance, no respect. In pain, looks hippi-ish -must be a pill popper so no decent med options given. Prefer a healthier option must be stupid,...etc.. Honestly, I assume that is how the doctors thought. Overall it was a wall of indifference or pizzy ness to me. My injuries are painful on a daily basis and I rarely will take a pain med. I tried to be in that system. I "felt" weird in their presence. Something was off.
    In short, I was put on anti psychotic meds for pain. Go figure. Took them -as prescribed- for two days in a row. My dreams became nightmares. The SAME nightmare actually. Strange. The 100 dollar a month script went in the trash never to be refilled. Had I continued I do not know where my mind would have gone. I would have had to be weaned, as well, from the medication.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd March 2023), Fellow Aspirant (19th July 2017), Hym (19th July 2017), Matt P (18th July 2017), mojo (18th July 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,422 times in 5,645 posts

Not one politician has brought fourth the idea to have a national lottery system that provides better odds over the Powerball lottery. The revenue could be used to cover the poor that need health care and almost everybody would be willing to spend a buck or two for a chance to win a big payout knowing that part of the costs will help others... Havent heard even a news reporter propose the idea...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd March 2023), Blacklight43 (18th July 2017), Fellow Aspirant (19th July 2017), Hym (19th July 2017), Matt P (18th July 2017), raregem (18th July 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    Not one politician has brought fourth the idea to have a national lottery system that provides better odds over the Powerball lottery. The revenue could be used to cover the poor that need health care ...
    My take is that the solution to the medical monster pounding on our door is not to find a better way to feed the monster ... but to become stronger than the monster, until he shrinks back into the dark forest from which he came.

In less allegorical terms, our problem is not how to fund the current medical system. It is how to restore an honest, healthy health care culture.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Antagenet (14th August 2023), Bill Ryan (2nd March 2023), Blacklight43 (18th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (18th July 2017), Hym (19th July 2017), Matt P (18th July 2017), mojo (18th July 2017), raregem (18th July 2017), Snoweagle (19th July 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Agree with you on that...still the majority at least the progressives want single pay system. There's also the millions that got on-board with Obamacare for free and you know how hard taking entitlements away is. As mentioned an honest free market is best so for everyone sake offset costs in that free market system by funding the needy that can't pay...

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd March 2023), Fellow Aspirant (19th July 2017), Hym (19th July 2017), raregem (18th July 2017), ThePythonicCow (18th July 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,040 times in 911 posts

The health care system is so disconnected from reality in the lives of the average American worker and their families!

THE INSURANCE INDUSTRIES, HEALTH OR OTHERWISE, ARE NOT BASED ON INSURING THAT YOU ARE HEALTHY OR SAFE. THEY DON'T CARE. THEY NEVER HAVE.

Our health has always been OUR responsibility, individually and collectively. Having taken care of myself all of my life, and having been abused in the health care system as a youngster, I do deeply feel for those caught up in the system, relying upon others to maintain a quality of life. I write here as a reminder that learning about taking responsibility for their own health, accepting solutions thru the process of learning, discernment and discovery, is the only real insurance they can have. Until then, we offer up our political awareness to cut thru the lies that keep so many in a system not geared to insure their health.

Insurance companies, especially health care insurance companies, don't act that way, as if they could make you healthier, more aware, more in control of your health or safety. They don't give a damn and your representatives in congress INSURE that they don't by letting those same companies write the laws that we all pay for.

My health INSURANCE costs for this year are paid for by the union wages I made last year and will cover into the 1st Quarter of 2018. Otherwise I would not pay a penny to them. The monies spent DO NOT INSURE MY HEALTH OR MY CARE FOR MY HEALTH.

No matter how healthy I am and if I never use a hospital or go to a doctor during all of this time, I will not be able to take out any of that money paid into the system for those things that I know will keep me healthy, those things that science overwhelmingly has proven keeps us all healthy.

I cannot use any of that INSURE-ance money to buy vitamins or herbs, or to buy healthy, organic foods and drinks, or to buy a water filter or a water purifier.
    NO MATTER HOW HEALTHY me and my child are, the INSURANCE company will take all of those thousands of dollars, every three months NO MATTER HOW HEALTHY I AM. The truth is that the only insurance in the system is that some company that has congress blowing them will TAKE MY MONEY, every three months or, AMAZINGLY SO, the government will tax me, HEALTHY or not!

In spite of my healthy habits and in the absence of unhealthy habits, I will not be able to spend a cent of those HEALTH CARE SAVINGS AND INVESTMENTS towards those things that maintain our health.

I WILL not get any relief or refund or a lowered premium INSURANCE CHARGE for not drinking alcohol or not smoking cigarettes or not taking prescription or illegal drugs.
    I will not get a single concern by the insurance actuaries for having a SENSE OF HUMOR, as in sharing the knowledge that some of those who abstain from doing some of those things would be healthier if they drank a little and toked a little every now and then. (In my life, I'm not abstaining from anything, as that is an addicts perspective, not mine. Hanging out with ya'll is addictive and exciting enough...)

I will not get a discount on any INSURANCE relief for exercising daily.
    I will not receive any monetary refund for having a reliable, core group of loving friends.
    Not one insurance company will ever consider or give a F^%K that my son and I live lives of gratitude, giving and serving, hands on, skills used, as our spiritual practice, our weekly habitual activities. The fact that meaningful service of giving is essential to living beyond the unhealthy and unchecked range of the ego, is undeniable. Not to the health care system.

TO SUMMARIZE THIS, the insurance plan that the union provides knows nothing of my health and therefore bases it's charges on nothing that has to do with my state of health, good or bad. THE INSURANCE IS BASED SOLELY UPON HOW MUCH THE INSURANCE COMPANY CAN TAKE FROM ME, thru my wages, on a plan that the union most likely got some kickbacks for choosing. ( and no, folks, don't ask this son of a teamster union member, now having experienced 2 unions in his own life, to give any union the benefit of a doubt concerning it's so-called leadership....no f'n way, tho some are surely more honest than others.)

In our case it would be correct to drop the mandate to have "health" "insurance", for there is not one aspect of the American health care system I would consider reliable or preventative or honest or informative.

Do any of you remember when I relayed the story of taking care of my ex-wife in a hospital, and in doing so she got much better, only to have her die in their "care" when we left.....and days later to have the county coroner tell me that he would never have left his loved ones in a hospital for any length of time, finishing his admonition of my leaving her by saying "I've told my wife that if I am in a hospital here, in Southern California, and if you don't come and get me within 4 or 5 days, and if I can't walk out, I'll crawl out!". This man is a coroner for one of the largest counties in the states. He has seen the end truth of the corrupt and cold-hearted health care system that defrauds common people of true, honest, not for profit health care solutions.

If the people of these disjointed states ever took back the control of their country thru their elected servants, or by any other moral method, I would not have to offer, as I do now and gratefully so, a portion of my income to take care of those who cannot take care of themselves. The money put in has always been more than enough to take care, to teach real health, to actually live the doctors hippocratic oath of doing no harm. However, many doctors are complicit in the immoral and criminal behavior of those who reap unethical monetary rewards.

Just like years ago when I used to get a sober drivers discount from my car insurance company for not being an alcohol user. Those companies own the lawmakers and they did write in a provision that if anyone receiving such a discount registered any alcohol in their system the company would not be held legally responsible for any accident coverage. However,
    IF YOU ASK ANY ACTUARY, NOT ONE INSURANCE COMPANY EXISTS TO INSURE YOUR HEALTH OR YOUR SAFETY.

The name, the phrase, the industry is based on a lie.
    Last edited by Hym; 20th July 2017 at 04:03.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Antagenet (14th August 2023), Bill Ryan (2nd March 2023), genevieve (19th July 2017), Lifebringer (19th July 2017), mojo (19th July 2017), onawah (20th July 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

A very effective way to destroy the middle class is to 1) Make our environment unhealthy by polluting the water, air, and food so that many will become seriously ill. And then 2) raise the healthcare system by greed and inefficiencies. You cannot walk into an emergency room without getting stuck with a minimum $2000+ bill. Then when someone comes down with a serious condition s/he will have to drain any and all savings to pay for the care. This is another reason that we live in Ecuador.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

Antagenet (14th August 2023), Bill Ryan (2nd March 2023), Fellow Aspirant (19th July 2017), Hym (19th July 2017), Lifebringer (19th July 2017), mojo (19th July 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Now do you see public option w/pay directly to hospital or doctors is better than "middlemen for profit healthcare? Or as we call it: "Can't afford it no way death assurance. If they charge too much they are accountable and the nurses and staff doing the work get decent salaries, same benefits covered. If the house reps had to jump through same health coverage pocket hoops, they'd fix it.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd March 2023), Hym (19th July 2017), mojo (19th July 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

... also if the House members and Congress did not have their own Cadillac Health Plan Free Coverage it would already be done... Not fair to the rest...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd March 2023), Hym (19th July 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

I see two, most probably impossible, changes to health care that could really improve whatever congress finally produces. (1) Congressional term limits, and (2) Make congress members depend upon the healthcare system that they pass for everyone else.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

Antagenet (14th August 2023), Bill Ryan (2nd March 2023), Hym (20th July 2017)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,533 times in 2,553 posts

Wasn't sure where to put this one, but the title of this thread is more apropos than ever. I found this absolutely appalling.

This woman sought help from 2 hospital ER's, and apparently was discharged from both with no help. When she refused (or was unable) to leave, the police were called.
    Guess she was arrested and after quite a long, appalling scene, she was being hauled to the station when she died in the back of the police cruiser from a stroke.

'They were mocking her': Knoxville police under fire after woman experiencing stroke dies following arrest

A police chief said Tuesday he was “disturbed and embarrassed” after police tried to jail a 60-year-old disabled woman who begged them for help as she suffered a stroke.

Lisa Edwards, 60, died Feb. 6 at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center in Knoxville following a stroke sustained in police custody.

Footage showed Knoxville police officers struggling to get a distressed Edwards, , who was charged with trespassing, to enter a jail transport van, before they ultimately load her into a police cruiser, where she became completely unresponsive on the way to jail.

The incident has caused uproar in Knoxville, where residents decried the officers’ callousness as Edwards experienced a medical emergency. Her family this week said it plans to sue the police department, and possibly the hospitals who had treated her prior to her arrest.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...h/11373734002/

(police body cam video of the entire incident)

Her family gives a statement
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd March 2023), gord (2nd March 2023), Harmony (2nd March 2023), wondering (2nd March 2023)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

How Many Forever Chemicals Are in Your Contact Lenses?
    by Dr. Joseph Mercola
    June 21, 2023
    https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...rid=1834526133

https://media.mercola.com/ImageServe...lenses-pdf.pdf

"STORY AT-A-GLANCE
    Mamavation, in partnership with Environmental Health News, had 18 different brands of contact lenses tested for organic fluorine, a marker for PFAS
    All the contact lenses tested positive for fluorine, at levels ranging from 105 to 20,700 parts per million (ppm)
    While 44% of the contact lenses tested contained fluorine at a level over 4,000 ppm, 22% contained more than 18,000 ppm
    A large population-based study conducted in China found exposure to PFAS increased the risk of visual impairment
    PFAS is likely used in contact lenses to make them soft and allow oxygen to flow through, but the chemicals are linked to reproductive and developmental problems, cancer, liver disease and more

Toxic polyfluoroalkyl or perfluoroalkyl chemicals, collectively known as PFAS, may be lurking in your contact lenses. The compounds, which have been dubbed “forever chemicals” because they break down so slowly, have been linked to reproductive and developmental problems,1 cancer, obesity,2 nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)3 and more.

PFAS is known for making surfaces slippery, hence their widespread use in nonstick cookware. They’re also found in many other consumer products, however, including food takeout containers, food packaging, stain- and grease-resistant products, furniture and personal care products. Many people are unaware these chemicals are in products they use daily, including contact lenses, which may spend up to 16 hours next to your eye each day.

Contact Lenses ‘Almost Pure PFAS’
    Mamavation, in partnership with Environmental Health News, has been investigating PFAS in everyday products such as clothes, food and makeup.4 Many social media users had asked the wellness blog if soft contact lenses contain PFAS, so they sent 18 different brands to a laboratory certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to test for organic fluorine, a marker for PFAS.

All the contact lenses tested positive for fluorine, at levels ranging from 105 to 20,700 parts per million (ppm). While 44% of the contact lenses tested contained fluorine at a level over 4,000 ppm, 22% contained more than 18,000 ppm.5 The contact lenses with the highest organic fluorine levels were:6

Alcon Air Optix Colors with Smartshield Technology (20,700 ppm)
    Alcon Total30 Contact Lenses for Daily Wear (20,400 ppm)
    Alcon Air Optix (No Hydraglide) for Astigmatism (20,000 ppm)
    What does this mean in terms of your health? Pete Myers, chief scientist for Environmental Health Sciences, said:7

“The presumption that these organic fluorine levels measured in contact lenses are safe is laughable. Last summer the EPA issued health advisories in drinking for four common PFAS, ranging from 0.004 parts per trillion (ppt) to 2000 ppt. EPA considers exposure beneath these thresholds to be safe for drinking water.

While comparing drinking levels in water to concentrations in contact lenses is like comparing apples to oranges, it’s worth noting that all of the contact lenses tested exceeded 100 ppm, which is equivalent to 100,000,000 ppt, or 50,000 times higher than the highest level deemed safe in drinking water by the EPA.”

Manufacturers don’t have to disclose when PFAS are used in their products. It’s legal to claim the contents are a “trade secret.”8 But according to Scott Belcher, a North Carolina State University researcher and scientific adviser on the testing, fluoropolymers are likely.

He told The Guardian fluoropolymer PFAS “have the properties that your eyes want … It wants to get oxygen and doesn’t want bacteria to grow like crazy, and it wants lenses to be smooth and comfortable.”9 Fluoropolymers likely make contact lenses soft and allow oxygen to flow through them,10 but the convenience of having smooth contact lenses comes at a price.

A 2020 review into the chemicals found “their production and uses should be curtailed except in cases of essential uses,” given their extreme persistence in the environment, toxic emissions associated with their production and use, and a high likelihood that they contribute to human exposure to PFAS.11

PFAS Exposure May Harm Your Vision

Little is known about how the eyes may absorb PFAS, but the chemicals are known to be absorbed via the skin, leading to immunotoxicity.12 Further, The Guardian reported, “PFAS also break down into different types of PFAS once in the environment, so it is possible that the polymers turn into dangerous forms of the chemicals once in the eye or contact packaging, but no studies have been done.”13

Linda Birnbaum, scientist emeritus and former director of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences and National Toxicology Program, further told Mamavation:14

“Your eyes are one of the most sensitive parts of your body. Therefore, it’s concerning to see the presence of organic fluorine, which is likely a type of PFAS, found in all soft contact lens products tested. What about the idea of doing no harm? Do we have proof these products are safe? A lack of safety studies does not qualify as ‘safety,’ which is what is happening here.”

Research that has been done on PFAS and vision is cause for concern. A large population-based study conducted in China found exposure to PFAS increased the risk of visual impairment.15 The researchers suggested PFAS may induce oxidative stress, with a detrimental effect on the eyes.

“PFASs are proven pro-oxidants and exposure to these emerging pollutants elicits DNA damage, lipid peroxidation, generation of reactive of species (ROS), and inhibition of anti-oxidant enzymes, as well as triggers signaling cascades like apoptosis,” they explained.16 Military members who were exposed to PFAS on military bases have also suffered from a number of eye conditions, including myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and presbyopia.17

Using PFAS Contacts May Leave You ‘Permanently Contaminated’
    More than 98% of Americans have PFAS in their blood.18 But using contacts made from the material daily could leave you permanently contaminated. According to Terrence Collins, director of the Institute for Green Sciences at Carnegie Mellon University:19

“Fluoropolymers improve the technical performance of contact lenses at attractive price performances and customers are naturally attracted. But the other key performances for safe and sustainable chemical products, the health, environmental and fairness performances, are not given adequate attention by manufacturers, legislators, or regulators.

If you use fluoropolymer-containing contact lenses, you are likely to become permanently contaminated. No one today can tell you that fluoropolymer exposures are safe because no jurisdiction has been demanding the development and scrutiny of appropriate safety testing.

Your body cannot process fluoropolymers to safe products to protect you and nature is just as helpless when you throw the lenses away. But we know enough about PFAS chemicals to guess and fear that fluoropolymers in human cells or in the environment are anything but a pretty safety picture. I advise that such contact lenses be rigorously avoided.”

The environmental ramifications are also cause for alarm, considering more than 45 million Americans wear contact lenses — and up to 46% of them wear disposable varieties that are trashed daily. Every year, 2.5 billion contact lenses — about 44,000 pounds’ worth — are thrown away or end up in wastewater treatment plants after they’re flushed down a toilet or sink.20

In the environment, PFAS have devastating effects, to the extent that consuming a single serving of freshwater fish annually equates to a month of drinking water contaminated with PFOS — one type of PFAS — at a concentration of 48 parts per trillion.21

PFAS does not break down in water or soil and can be carried over great distances by wind or rain, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR).22

PFAS Exposure Linked to Significant Health Risks
    If your contact lenses contain PFAS, you may want to reconsider using them. Exposure to high levels of PFAS is also known to affect the immune system, and evidence from both human and animal studies shows that such exposure may reduce your resistance to infectious disease.23 The EPA also acknowledges that PFAS exposure is harmful and states that peer-reviewed scientific studies have shown exposure to PFAS may cause:24

Reproductive effects such as decreased fertility or increased high blood pressure in pregnant women

Developmental effects or delays in children, including low birth weight, accelerated puberty, bone variations or behavioral changes

Increased risk of some cancers, including prostate, kidney and testicular cancers

Reduced ability of the body’s immune system to fight infections, including reduced vaccine response

Interference with the body’s natural hormones

Increased cholesterol levels and/or risk of obesity

Liver disease is another known risk. PFAS are endocrine-disrupting chemicals that accumulate in body tissues, such as the liver, and are known to accelerate metabolic changes that lead to fatty liver.

“This bioaccumulation,” researchers wrote in Environmental Health Perspectives, “coupled with the long half-lives of many PFAS, leads to concern about the potential for PFAS to disrupt liver homeostasis should they continue to accumulate in human tissue even if industrial use is abated.”25

How Else Can You Be Exposed to PFAS?
    In addition to contact lenses, PFAS can be found in water, soil, air and food. It’s in your home, including in household products like stain- and water-repellant fabrics, cleaning products, nonstick cookware and paint — and likely in your drinking water.26

Fast food containers and wrappers, microwave popcorn bags, pizza boxes and candy wrappers27 are also common PFAS sources. One study released by consumer watchdog groups Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families and Toxic-Free Future even revealed high levels of fluorine in five of 17 paper products that come in contact with food at Whole Foods Market — four of which were containers in the salad and hot food bar.28

Testing by Mamavation has also found evidence of PFAS in pasta and tomato sauces, sports bras, tampons and dental floss.29 Since the chemicals migrate into food and contaminate compost piles and landfills after disposal, the use of PFAS leads to unnecessary long-term exposure to harmful chemicals for humans, wildlife and the environment, especially since PFAS-free packaging options are widely available.

Tips for Avoiding PFAS
    PFAS has no taste or smell but is widespread in the environment and in consumer products. You’ll want to filter your drinking water to avoid this common route of exposure. Also avoid products that are stain-resistant, waterproof or nonstick, as most contain PFAS.

Regarding contact lenses, you can avoid PFAS exposure by using glasses instead. To further reduce your exposure, the Environmental Working Group recommends avoiding:30

Items that have been pretreated with stain repellants and opt out of such treatments when buying new furniture and carpets.

Water- and/or stain-repellant clothing. One tipoff is when an item made with artificial fibers is described as "breathable." These are typically treated with PTFE.

Items treated with flame retardant chemicals, which includes a wide variety of baby items, padded furniture, mattresses and pillows. Instead, opt for naturally less flammable materials such as leather, wool and cotton.

Fast food and carry out foods, as the wrappers are typically treated with PFAS.

Microwave popcorn. PFAS may not only be present in the inner coating of the bag, it also may migrate to the oil from the packaging during heating. Instead, use "old-fashioned" stovetop popcorn.

Nonstick cookware and other treated kitchen utensils. Healthier options include ceramic and enameled cast iron cookware, both of which are durable, easy to clean and completely inert, which means they won't release any harmful chemicals into your home. A newer type of nonstick cookware called Duralon uses a nonfluoridated nylon polymer for its nonstick coating. While this appears to be safe, your safest bet is still ceramic and enameled cast iron.

Oral-B Glide floss and any other personal care products containing PTFE or "fluoro" or "perfluoro" ingredients.

+ Sources and References

1 EWG January 17, 2023
    2 Environ Health Perspect 123:A107–A111, Madrid Statement
    3 Environmental Health Perspectives April 27, 2022
    4 Environmental Health Perspectives February 14, 2022
    5, 7, 17, 19, 20 Mamavation, Indications of PFAS ‘Forever Chemicals’ in Contact Lenses — Report, April 18, 2023
    6, 8, 9, 13 The Guardian May 9, 2023
    10, 14, 29 Environmental Health Perspectives April 26, 2023
    11 Environ. Sci. Technol. 2020, 54, 20, 12820–12828
    12 Food and Chemical Toxicology February 2020, Volume 136
    15, 16 Environment International April 2020, Volume 137
    18 Environ Health Perspect. 2007 Nov; 115(11): 1596–1602
    22 Politico May 14, 2018
    23 ATSDR, What are the health effects of PFAS?
    24, 27 U.S. EPA, Our Current Understanding of the Human health and Environmental Risks of PFAS
    25 Environmental Health Perspectives April 27, 2022, Intro
    26 Environmental Science and Technology Letters August 9, 2016
    28 Eater December 11, 2018
    30 EWG’s Guide to Avoiding PFCS (PDF)
    Each breath a gift...

30. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Antagenet (14th August 2023)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Banned since 1940 (thanks to Big Pharma
    email from: Trevor [Live Better Group]
    <info@thelivebettergroup.com> via ontramail.com
    reply-to: info@thelivebettergroup.com
    Fri, Jun 23, 12:06 PM

"I’ve been neck high in books for the last few days. I’m working on a webinar for Thursday night that I think will blow you away.
    See: https://thelivebettergroup.com/webinar-optin-v1/

I always knew Big Pharma was corrupt and had only their own interests at heart. But I really knew nothing. When you look beneath the murky surface – it’s truly horrendous.

Back before the 1930s, the mom-and-pop drugstore filled all prescriptions, most including natural remedies.

But then, a new dangerous form of medicine was introduced.

Yes, oil derived, mass produced prescription drugs.

Ones that were chemically designed by scientists.

A handful of “rich boys” (think Rockefeller) patented this "medicine."

They quickly grew in power and profits (mainly through coercion), and then established a monopoly over medicine.

But of course they got help from a corrupt Government among others.

In 1933, the American Medical Association (AMA) literally declared that these drugs are the only solution.

They also declared an all-out war on all competition, including many well loved and centuries-old natural remedies.

The first target was oxygen.

In the 1940s, the FDA declared oxygen had no medical use… seizing thousands of ozone generators.

As competition with drugs disappeared, the "drug industry" was born.

Today We Know It As Big Pharma.

Seventy years later, oxygen is still banned by the FDA.

Instead, deadly and expensive drugs are prescribed for debilitating diseases.

And the rates of disease are worse than ever.

Some doctors have tried to defy the ban though.

Notably, Dr. Robert Atkins –
    Famous Author of the "Atkins Diet" –
    Began With Oxygen Therapy.

He reported cases of patients recovering from health challenges.

In response, he was arrested by FDA goons and had his medical license revoked.

All for fulfilling his Hippocratic Oath!.......

This is only the tip of the Iceberg.

Join me Thursday for the full story……………

Speak soon,

Trevor "

Register Once And Get Updates On ALL of Our Upcoming Webclass Series...
    Join Our Webclass Series And Learn How You Can Explode Your Health With Us

Here Is What You Will Learn

What we will cover in this training:

How big Pharma has bought your Doctor

Why are excess deaths in 2022 "WORST for 50 YEARS!"

Pfizer's miserable safety record

How Vitamin C increased Covid recovery... by 71%

Can vitamins really be used to fight major illness?
    Click Here To Register Now For FREE https://thelivebettergroup.com/webinar-optin-v1/
    Each breath a gift...

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Antagenet (14th August 2023), Mari (24th June 2023)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

How to Save Your Life When Hospitalized(and Those You Love)
    by Dr. Joseph Mercola
    August 13, 2023

https://media.mercola.com/ImageServe...t-form-pdf.pdf

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/PuL4IH29lX38/

"STORY AT-A-GLANCE
    Laura Bartlett and Greta Crawford have founded an organization to address the forced treatments patients receive when they’re hospitalized for COVID-19, but the same strategy can be used to protect yourself against other medical hazards as well
    The Caregivers and Consent document they created is an “advance decision” document.
    So, the moment you enter the hospital, the hospital staff know what they can and cannot do to you; they are legally required to respect your current care decisions.
    And unlike an Advance Directive (which only kicks in when you are incapacitated) the Caregivers and Consent document goes into effect immediately
    It’s important to complete and notarize your Caregivers and Consent document BEFORE you ever need to go to the hospital
    Make sure you send the completed, signed and notarized document to the CEO of the hospital in two ways: (1) via a professional courier (one that specializes in delivering legal documents); and (2) via the Postal system with certified mail, return receipt requested.
    The CEO is responsible for all legal business relating to the hospital, including the medical records, so the CEO, not your attending physician, is the one whose responsibility it is to get your consent document entered into your electronic medical record
    Make at least 10 copies of the signed, notarized document and keep one copy on your person, in case you ever have an accident or acute illness requiring hospitalization.
    Also provide copies to the attending physician and nurse once hospitalized
    Also, should you become hospitalized (and therefore unable to personally send the document to the CEO), designate a family member or friend to send your Caregivers and Consent document on your behalf.
    Additional recommendations to ensure your safety are included

In this interview, Laura Bartlett and Greta Crawford detail how you can protect yourself from one of the top contributors to premature death, namely conventional hospital care. The key here is to understand what the dangers are and take proactive measures to guard yourself and your family from them.

Nearly 10 years ago, I interviewed Dr. Andrew Saul, author of “Hospitals and Health: Your Orthomolecular Guide to a Shorter, Safer Hospital Stay,” in which he details how to minimize your risk of being a victim of a medical error.

First and foremost, Saul recommended making sure you have a patient advocate, someone who can speak on your behalf if you’re incapacitated and make sure you’re receiving the correct medication and treatment. During COVID, however, family or friends were not allowed into the hospital, and patients were routinely bullied into treatments they did not want or consent to.

The good news is, Bartlett and Crawford have developed a legal document that, when served to the hospital in the proper way, can ensure that your medical wishes are honored. By eliminating any confusion about your consent (or denial of consent), this document can literally save your life.

Why ProtocolKills.com Was Created
    Bartlett and Crawford have founded an organization to address the lethal and, in many cases, forced treatments patients receive when they’re hospitalized for COVID-19, but the same strategy can be used to protect yourself against other medical hazards as well. Crawford explains:

“I created a website called ProtocolKills.com. https://www.protocolkills.com/
    ...This came after I was in the hospital with COVID. In the process of going to the hospital, I was denied informed consent and was completely unaware of some of the things they were doing to me. I was given five rounds of remdesivir, which nearly took my life, and I did not even know that I was being poisoned at the time ...

During that time in the hospital, I went from thinking I was going to go home after I got oxygen to actually feeling like that I was going to die. I was almost certain I was going to die after being given just the first dose of remdesivir ...

[And then there was] the constant push for the vaccine in the hospital, the harassment for not getting vaxxed, and the fact that I was given medication without my knowledge at all, which led me to start the website to not only inform people about what was going on, but [as] a platform to allow other victims who were not as fortunate as me.

Many of them, the majority of them, did not make it out alive. So, it's a platform for them to share their story. We have over 250 stories on there about what they faced in the hospital. We really wanted to get this information out there to the public, but we also wanted to give a solution, not just to scare people. And that's where I ended up meeting Laura.”

National Hospital Hostage Hotline to the Rescue
    Bartlett continues:

“Before I met Greta at the beginning of COVID, in early 2020, I started helping my brother, Dr. Richard Bartlett, who had a protocol utilizing inhaled budesonide steroid as part of his protocol to treat COVID early. We also found it very effective once people were in the hospital to help reverse [the infectious process] and also the scarring and the inflammation of the lungs.

There are instances where it even helped people who were on ventilators as long as 30 days come off the ventilator and go home. So, I was helping him get that message out in early 2020. I'm not a doctor. I'm not a nurse. I'm just somebody who could help get that known around the world. My background is in media PR ...

In the process, people who knew my brother, knew me, started reaching out to both of us with stories that they were in the hospital and they were having a hard time getting the doctor to respect their right to informed consent. It was an overwhelming number of instances where people just felt like they were being bullied or coerced, that their right to try budesonide, for instance, was just dismissed.

And it was almost as if informed consent didn't exist. But in fact, it never went away. Even during the COVID shielding for hospitals, informed consent between the doctor and the patient never went away. You always had the right to informed consent.

So that's where my work started. In the process, since there were so many people reaching out for help, I thought, ‘Well, why doesn't somebody come up with a way for people to quickly access some information of what their rights are and their patient rights?’

So, I started a nationwide hotline, called the Hospital Hostage Hotline https://us3.campaign-archive.com/?u=...&id=01d526d4a3
    ...[call or text 888-c19-emergency, or 888-219-3637]. It's still in effect. I still get calls from all over the country. And I've been able to help people who went in even for non-COVID reasons like a urinary tract infection that was [also] diagnosed as COVID, and they were being pushed towards a protocol and told they couldn't leave the hospital.

They needed to know they could, that they always had the right to leave AMA — Against Medical Advice — if that's what they chose. They also have the right to either consent or not consent to things and it should be respected. I realized that one of the biggest tools for getting that informed consent notice to the doctor was not to just verbally say it, but to have it in writing. These aren't my original ideas.

I actually had a hospital insider reach out ... somebody who had been in the system and knew how to navigate the system at a high level in administration, give me some tips and tools on how to navigate the hospital system to make sure that informed consent was not only documented and delivered effectively to get into the electronic medical record, but also, what their basic patient rights were and how to advocate for them.”

You Have the Right to Leave
    One drawback of signing an AMA is that insurance won’t pay for your treatment. That threat will often keep patients in the hospital because they’ll have to pay out of pocket. So, it can be used against you.

“Profit has been a big factor in a lot of suffering,” Bartlett says. “Patients were afraid to leave because they were told, like in the instance of a gentleman that I was helping in New Jersey who went in for a urinary tract infection.

He was an elderly man. This was early 2020. They quickly tested him for COVID and started him on that road towards a ventilator. And they told him flat out, ‘If you leave, none of this will be covered by insurance.’ So that was a big factor.”

Hospitals may also misinform you about your AMA rights, as we’ve seen repeatedly during COVID. More often than not, the hospital’s reluctance to release a patient has to do with protecting its revenues. Bartlett offers the following story to illustrate:

“Somebody that I was helping advocate for said the doctor actually said to them, ‘You cannot leave.’ This person was 15 or 16 days into their COVID diagnosis and they were feeling better. They were likely not COVID positive ...

That's where the name of the hotline came from. They actually felt like hostages. That's what they were reporting to me. ‘I feel like I'm held prisoner.’ But in fact, they always had the right to leave a hospital whenever they chose to. It's not up to the doctor when they can leave. They have to make that medical choice for themselves, whether or not they feel like they can leave.”

A Novel Consent Document That Can Save Your Life
    https://rumble.com/v1zdw7x-protocol-...-hospital.html
    (The Rumble video is embedded at the end of this post)

Patients clearly need a way to put themselves back in the driver’s seat, and the novel medical consent document Bartlett and Crawford created, available on OurPatientRights.com: https://www.protocolkills.com/patient-documents
    ...is the most powerful way I’ve seen so far to do that. As explained by Bartlett:

“What we learned from this whole ordeal over the last couple of years is that there was a need for a novel document that did not exist, to our knowledge, that covers your written consent. A document that documents your current consent, not an advance directive that kicks in after you're incapacitated.

Before you go into the hospital, write down your consent wishes so that everybody involved in your care within the hospital will have eyes on it because it's put into your electronic medical record. It's notarized. It's signed before you go in. That's the key. So do it while you have full capacity.

It's a novel strategy. I'm so grateful to the hospital insider who saw the problem and helped us navigate the system, so that we have an insider's perspective on how to do this to keep people safe.”

As noted by Crawford, while COVID-19 may seem like a distant memory, people are still being hospitalized and diagnosed with COVID, and are being held hostage by a hostile medical system seemingly intent on milking them for all their worth, until death, if need be.

This is where filing a written medical consent form can help save your life. No doctor can override your written decision (consent) declining certain medications or treatments. Verbal communication is not enough. It must be in writing, notarized and delivered in a manner that formally serves the hospital and puts their physicians on notice.

General Consent Vs. Specific Consent
    As explained by Bartlett, when you enter a hospital, you must sign a general consent authorization form. This is basically a contract between you and the hospital. Since you have bodily autonomy, they need your consent before they can do anything to you.

Typically, the general consent form authorizes hospital staff to test, treat and care for you in whatever way they see fit — and when a patient signs the general consent authorization, physicians feel justified that they can implement a hospital protocol without further explaining the risks, benefits or alternatives of that protocol to the patient.

Now, if you’re well enough to read the entire document, and see something in there that you don’t agree with, you can strike the sentence or paragraph and initial it, to indicate that you do not consent to that specific detail. However, that still doesn’t offer you much protection.

What you need is a much more specific document where you detail the types of treatments you consent to and the ones you don’t. You need to carve out a niche from the general consent form that specifies exactly what you do (and do not) consent to. And you need to be clear. Fortunately, the Caregivers and Consent document carves out that niche to communicate clearly to all physicians your exact consent wishes.

“You need a written consent document that, in addition to just the general consent, is a contract between you and the doctor, so he knows, he's put on notice, what it is that you absolutely do not consent to. For instance, a COVID injection, if that's your wishes,” Bartlett explains.

“They have a code of ethics, the American Medical Association guidance to physicians, per the ethics opinion 2.1.1, that when the patient surrogate has provided specific written consent, the consent form should be included in the record. This is key. Write it down. You don’t need an attorney. You don't need any fancy training. You don't need to be a doctor, don't need to be a nurse.

You can write it down, and then, when you deliver it in our specific way — and it's very important how you deliver it — it gets put into the electronic medical record for everybody to see. Now you've got receipts, that if you do something against consent, it's intentional. OK?

So, here's the website you can find a template for that. It's called OurPatientRights.com. https://www.protocolkills.com/patient-documents
    What you'll see there are two PDF documents. [On one of the PDFs there are two pages.] One is the actual template, the other one is instructions on how to deliver it. And you can edit the document by the way. You can write your own. It's just a template. But there's also very specific instructions on how you are going to deliver this so it's not disregarded.

Here's what you're going to see in the document. ‘I [your name] advise all physicians, nurses, and other caregivers that this Caregivers and Consent document reflects my current wishes for my care and are carefully planned and intentional wishes.’ That's very important because it's current. It's not going to kick in when I'm incapacitated.”

Your Written Consent Must Be Respected
    Advance medical directives don’t kick in until or unless you’re incapacitated, so that’s another completely different kind of document reflecting current consent wishes. What Bartlett and Crawford have created is an “advance decision” document. So, the moment you enter the hospital, they know what they can and cannot do to you. And, they are legally required to respect your written directives. The following section of the document reads:

"Receipt of this Caregivers and Consent document by the hospital serves as notice that I will report to the Medical Board any physician who violates my carefully planned and intentional wishes that are based upon my deeply held religious and spiritual beliefs and are delineated within this Caregivers and Consent document."

This puts the doctor on notice. This isn't a threat. It’s merely a factual statement that if anyone goes against your wishes, they’re intentionally disregarding your consent. Once it’s in your electronic medical record, they can’t say they didn’t know that you did not consent to a specific test, drug, vaccine or procedure. So, ignoring your written consent is then actually a criminal offense akin to assault and battery. It’s also medical malpractice.

“Let me tell you, there are good physicians and they are clamoring for something like this,” Bartlett says. “They are thankful there is something they can use to push back against administration and say, ‘I'm not going to violate this person's written consent. I'm not going to do this to this person ...’

With these documents, if you are blatantly refusing to honor a patient's wishes and religious beliefs, and you're doing it against these documented legal forms, then you risk losing your license altogether as a physician and never working in medicine again ...

But you need it in writing ... and it needs to be served in a very specific way. You need to do this before you ever go to the hospital. Have it handy in case you get yourself into a predicament, like a multi-car pileup on the highway and an ambulance transports you to the hospital. The time to have this done is before there's a problem.”

The document also specifies that "All items in this Caregivers and Consent document shall remain in effect unless I choose to revoke in writing; no one else may alter or amend this Caregivers and Consent document." So there can be no misunderstanding. Your doctor or nurse cannot claim you gave implied consent because you mumbled something incoherent in your sleep. In other words, if you didn’t change your consent wishes in writing, you didn’t change your consent wishes. Period.

What’s in the Caregivers and Consent Document Template
    As mentioned, you can customize your Caregivers and Consent document any way you like. But to give people a starting point, the template, available on OurPatientRights.com: https://www.protocolkills.com/patient-documents includes things like:

“I do not consent to the use of medications without my being informed of each medication’s risks, benefits and alternatives before they are ordered. Only after that information is communicated shall I choose to either grant consent or to not grant consent for each and every medication that is ordered.”
    “I do not consent to receiving any vaccine or booster for COVID-19 or COVID-19 variant.”
    “I do not consent to receiving the seasonal flu vaccine.”
    “I request and consent to the use of 1 mg of budesonide via nebulizer every 4 to 6 hours for COVID-19 or COVID-19 variant diagnosis with respiratory issues.”
    If you want to, you could change the verbiage to state that you do not consent to ANY vaccine. If you have allergies, add that to the list. Personally, I would recommend adding the following dietary notice:

“I do not consent to receiving ANY processed food, such as high-fructose corn syrup or seed oils. The only acceptable oil for me is butter, ghee, beef tallow or coconut oil. Acceptable forms of protein would be eggs, lamb, bison, beef or non-farmed seafood; but they must not be prepared with seed oils. If the hospital is unable to provide this food for me, my family or friends will bring it for me.
    Additionally, I do not consent to not being able to take my normal supplements while in the hospital.”
    I would strongly recommend that you integrate this additional clause because it's a stealth form of abuse. These kinds of foods can only impair your effort to get well, no matter what your problem is. You may also want to add a notice saying you do not consent to receive blood donations from COVID-19 vaccinated donors, and that all blood donations must be from donors confirmed to have not received any COVID-19 vaccines.

Important: Follow Proper Procedure!
    As mentioned multiple times in this interview, it’s crucial to follow the proper procedure. Here’s a summary of the necessary steps:

1.Complete your customized and personalized Caregivers and Consent form BEFORE you ever need to go to the hospital.

2.Get the form notarized. Make sure you sign the form in front of the notary.

3.Send the completed, signed, notarized form to the CEO of the hospital in two ways: (1) via a professional courier (one that specializes in delivering legal documents); and (2) via the Postal system with certified mail, return receipt requested.

The CEO is responsible for all legal business relating to the hospital, including the medical records, so the CEO, not your attending physician, is the one whose responsibility it is to get your consent forms entered into your electronic medical record.

4.Make at least 10 copies of the signed, notarized form and keep one copy on your person or in your wallet or purse, and another in the glove compartment of your car, in case you ever have an accident. Also provide copies to family or friends. If you happen to be hospitalized before you’ve had the chance to send the documents, have one of them follow the delivery procedure outlined on the General Instructions form.

5.Once you’re hospitalized, you or one of your contacts will give one copy to your attending physician and another to your nurse, and inform them that this document is already in your electronic medical record, or that the hospital will be served the documents shortly. Distribute additional copies to other care providers as needed.

6.Also, upon hospitalization, request to see your electronic medical record to make sure your Caregivers and Consent form has been entered. It is your right to see your electronic medical record, and it’s available through an online portal, so don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Also routinely check your medical record (or have your patient advocate do it for you) to make sure your wishes are being followed and that you’re not being given something you’ve denied consent for.

Crawford notes:

“What we've experienced using these documents is a complete change in the attending physician, from being aggressive and maybe trying to push you, to being very helpful and efficient. Once they receive these documents, they just do a 180. As a matter of fact, one patient's brother told me he's getting treated better than he's ever been treated at a hospital before.”

Again, having this document in your medical record virtually guarantees that they cannot harm you by doing something you don’t agree with. Of course, some psychopath might ignore your directives, but they’ll have to pay a hefty price, as they’re guaranteed to lose a malpractice suit and be stripped of their medical license. The legal consequences are so severe that the person doing it would have to be beyond irrational.

Keep in mind that while you can request and consent to certain treatments, such as ivermectin, for example, this document CANNOT force your doctor or hospital to use that treatment. They can still refuse to administer something you’ve consented to.

They cannot, however, administer something that you’ve declined consent for. The ace up your sleeve at that point is that you can still sign out AMA (against medical advice), get out alive, and seek desired treatment elsewhere. Getting out alive is the key goal.

More Information
    Again, here are the three resources created by Bartlett and Crawford:

ProtocolKills.com : https://www.protocolkills.com/ — Here you can find a hospital protocol for COVID, information about remdesivir, patient rights information, alternative health care options and patient testimonies
    OurPatientRights.com: https://www.protocolkills.com/patient-documents — Here you can download the template for the Caregivers and Consent document and general instructions
    Hospital Hostage Hotline: https://us3.campaign-archive.com/?u=...&id=01d526d4a3 — Call or text 888-c19-emergency, or 888-219-3637
    In closing, please share this information with everyone you know. Bring it to your church, synagogue and local community groups. Everyone needs to know they can secure their patient right to informed consent and how to do it so that their wishes cannot be ignored. This is the most effective way to empower yourself when it comes to your medical care. So please, help spread the word."

Source: https://www.rumble.com/video/v1wrr3l/?pub=ijro7
    Each breath a gift...

+ Reply to Thread