Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 3 13 22 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin, the war on cash, Clif High, and the NSA's long range plans

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,417 times in 21,486 posts

Default Re: Bitcoin, the war on cash, Clif High, and the NSA's long range plans

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    The idea of a "bucket of bits" as money is not at all alien to us. It's normal.
    Many ... most all ... of the "advances" in controlling, manipulating and surveilling humanity seem "normal".

... as intended ...
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (14th August 2017), TrumanCash (14th August 2017)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,729 times in 1,343 posts

Thank you for starting this thread, Paul. I've been thinking recently of starting a thread asking the question: If cryptocurrencies are here to stay, then shouldn't we conclude that that is exactly what the PTB want?

After all, if they wanted to make it illegal why haven't they done so already? It appears that Congress is already considering controlling cryptocurrencies with this new bill.

Given that the Rockefellers told Aaron Russo that the end game is a cashless world where everyone is "chipped" with the chip being turned off when we misbehave or protest, and given that this plan is very near completion, and given that most people are already happily using computers and smart phones to exchange digital FRAUDs (Federal Reserve Auditing Unit Denominations), and given that the PTB are already implementing an Orwellian surveillance world, why would they not take control of cryptocurrencies by passing more "laws" to protect us from "terrorists", "money launderers", etc?

Digital currencies are a trap. They are intangible and uncontrollable. It is the path to the total (voluntary) enslavement of mankind on planet Earth. Although Sweden is nearly cashless and other countries are following suit, it may take some years for that to occur in north America. Nevertheless, it will indeed occur because even so-called patriots and Constitutionalists--a minor sector of the dumbed-down population--are using digital currencies.

Digital currencies are mistakenly believed to be more "convenient" than paper currency. However, it usually takes longer for a credit/debit card transaction at the grocery store than simply reaching in one's pocket and paying with cash. Cash as paper currency is tangible and so one has some control over it and I find it to be very convenient. People used to send cash through the mail to buy catalog items or pay bills. Not so now.

I went two years without using FRAUDs of any kind, always paying with coins and also offering silver coins in payment. So I know the vast majority won't accept real money. In fact, some people were not only in disagreement, they were sometimes overtly belligerent with me for not accepting FRAUDs.

They have made it nearly impossible to live without a "voluntary" social security number from the corporation known as the "Social Security Administration" [see US Code, Title 42, section 666].

So that is why I say it is already fait accompli due to the complacency of the people who do not understand we are in the calm before the 1984 police state sh*t storm where the shackles will be permanently welded on.

Enjoy what (limited) freedom you have now, because the matrix is coming to enslave you.

"The matrix?"

"Do you want to know what it is? The matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."

"What truth?"

"That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch--a prison for your mind."
    Last edited by TrumanCash; 14th August 2017 at 15:53.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (14th August 2017), gaiagirl (24th August 2017), ThePythonicCow (15th August 2017)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Excellent points, TrumanCash! Just watched the video this a.m. of Bryan Kofron & how the city of Seattle is being used as an experiment in Social Engineering...talk about Total Control?!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (15th August 2017), TrumanCash (17th August 2017)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by TrumanCash (here)
    Digital currencies are a trap. They are intangible and uncontrollable.
    What I'm pointing out is that this is already the case with the US dollar and other major world currencies. Just because some dollars are in "rectangle of paper" form and others are just numbers in a bank database, doesn't make it fundamentally much different than there only being digital data. And the paper is just as inherently worthless and even more impossible to track.

At least the blockchain is more transparent than the Federal Reserve, and can be tracked with the right technology.

The chip is another issue. I will never willingly accept a chip and neither would millions of other Americans, many of whom have already become convinced that this is the "mark of the beast" from Bible prophecy.

8. Link to Post #45
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    ... paper is just as inherently worthless and even more impossible to track.

At least the blockchain is more transparent than the Federal Reserve, and can be tracked with the right technology ...
    I disagree with some of what you're saying, and so far as I can tell from what I've understood of your posts so far, it is not even clear to me whether you realize that I've been trying to make a caes for a quite different way of looking at things than most analysts in the alternative media, or whether you just figure I haven't realized what the "correct" alternative view is and so you figure that by simply repeating a variant of this view will be sufficient to enlighten me.

My actual hunch is that you're (wittingly or not, I've no idea) dismissing and obfuscating my rather unusual views, which (whether you realize it or not) serves the interests of the elite bastards. For example, in my view, the positions that paper is just inherently worthless, and that blockchain technology is "good" or "better" (as implied by the tone of your latest post) because it's "more transparent" or "can be tracked with the right technology", are deeply misleading "alternative views" that the elite bastards actually encourage, amongst those who don't buy into the primary views. ... but then I can be a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory paranoid nut job ... so I might be expected to have such hunches.

In any case, I request that you not continue to just repeat some "conventional unconventional" views of money and crypto-currencies. It muddies up this thread and obscures the rather unusual viewpoint I'm endeavoring to present here.

I welcome discussion of, including informed agreements and disagreements, my perhaps strange views. I do not welcome here just repeating some often heard "conventional unconventional" views.

Let me state again some of my unusual views.

===

Whether or not any particular form of money or barter is, or is not, inherently worthless as money or barter, depends on what the future will bring.

I might have stashed some cigarettes, whiskey and ammo, in hopes that such might be useful barter in the future if we come on hard times. But if the only other survivors in my community are tea totaling, pacifist health nut mothers and their infant children, my stash will be quite worthless as barter. I would have been better off stashing some diapers, laundry soap and food.

In a debt-money system, such as most of us have been in for centuries, all money, and all debt paper (mortgages, bonds, I.O.U.'s, ...) are calls on the future. If the debtor is still solvent and honorable when the debt comes due, and if the monetary unit of accounting of that debt is still worth about the same in its purchasing power of real goods and services that the lender might want to purchase, then that debt paper had something backing it ... the repayment in worthwhile currency. Similarly, if that currency, whether a $20 bill under my mattress or the billions in some rich man's bank account, still has about the same purchasing power at some future time, then that currency still has something backing it at that time.

===

There is not "a blockchain". Rather blockchain technology is and will continue to be used by many blockchains, just as relational SQL technology has been used by many databases since the late 1970's. Blockchain technology is "simply" (well, simple at least for someone like myself who has been following database and distributed computing technology for forty years) a distributed database technology, allowing a consortium of unreliable and not very trustworthy nodes to maintain a distributed ledger.

The false reference to "a blockchain" (in the singular) is I suspect a subtle part of the promotion of block chain technology as something more universally trustworthy than it, or any such technology controlled by the elite, deserves to be considered.

===

Blockchain technology, like the TCP/IP technology underlying the Internet, or the http protocol and web browser technology underlying the Web (which runs on top of the Internet), or smart phone technology that provides billions of people access to the Internet and to social, media, entertainment and commerce over the Internet, are mechanisms that can be used in various ways, to serve the purposes of various parties.

I speculate that all such mechanisms are both a blessing and a curse. I am using just such technology this moment, to complain to others that the elite bastards are encouraging the use of such technology in order to further imprison humanity in a 1984-style Matrix. No doubt some early printed book or pamphlet complained of the potential risk of using the printing press by the elite to promulgate their officious lies and progaganda.

As with the printing press a few centuries ago, these new technologies are both a blessing and a curse for humanity. They provide new means supporting both freedom and oppression.

===

Blockchain technology will be increasingly used to bring the commercial, property and contractual transactions of humanity under the same sort of control as the Web has been gaining over our social, media and entertainment interactions. Such control is ideally (from the perspective of the elite bastards) secure from manipulation, monitoring or avoidance by the "little guy" (that's us), but robustly supports wide spread group and individual surveillance and control by the minions of the elite bastards.

Blockchain technology is deliberately rather not transparent to us minions. When I send or receive a few Satoshi (tiny fractions of a bitcoin) to someone else, I really have no clue who is on the other end of that transaction, at least so far as their bitcoin address might tell me.

Bitcoin can I presume be tracked with the right technology ... technology that the elite will endeavor to keep under the control of its loyal minions.

Just as the rich man wants a safe to hold his gold that only he and his trusted servants can open, and that is impervious to the efforts of the common thief, so do the elite bastards encourage the pervasive use of technology that only they have "back doors" into, and that is secure from the efforts of the common hacker.

===

In summary, the claim that crypto-currencies are somehow better than the fiat currencies (meaning, so declared to be by the fiat of a central bank) is false and misleading propaganda.

The underlying mechanisms of debt-money, by which most major projects and most major markets (e.g. cars, houses, college degrees, and big screen TV's in the US) are funded will remain, and will continue to provide one of the most powerful and incidious means of controlling human civilization ever (at least in recorded history) invented.

And, the initial point of this thread: crypto-currencies and block chain based ownership of property and contractual obligations will provide a powerful new mechanism for the surveillance and control of humanity, both on the large scale group level, as well as focused on individual people, governments and corporations, large and small.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 15th August 2017 at 05:56.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Basho (16th August 2017), Bob (2nd September 2017), Czarek (17th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th August 2017), gaiagirl (24th August 2017), mountain_jim (16th August 2017), TrumanCash (17th August 2017)

10. Link to Post #46
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I disagree with some of what you're saying, and so far as I can tell from what I've understood of your posts so far, it is not even clear to me whether you realize that I've been trying to make a caes for a quite different way of looking at things than most analysts in the alternative media, or whether you just figure I haven't realized what the "correct" alternative view is and so you figure that by simply repeating a variant of this view will be sufficient to enlighten me.

[...]

In any case, I request that you not continue to just repeat some "conventional unconventional" views of money and crypto-currencies. It muddies up this thread and obscures the rather unusual viewpoint I'm endeavoring to present here.
    You say you don't understand why I keep posting what I am, but you're telling me to shut up about it because you're tired of hearing it and want me to focus on what you're posting. Gotcha. Loud. And. Clear. Thanks. I really appreciate that.

For the record, since I see you have went out of your way to explain to me what debt based currency is, I already stated repeatedly that I know the history of paper money (I am a history major you know), and it originated literally as signed receipts for deposits of physical goods at store houses. We are far, far removed from those days.

Since I have been threatened to focus only on Paul's opinion and otherwise shut up, I have no more interest in this thread and much less interest in this forum in general. I have seen many people get old though and hold no grudges against the grouchy.

Take it easy guys.

11. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 337 posts

12. Link to Post #48
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Part 3: Clif High may be a "salesman" for this new monetary system.

I love listening to Clif High ... he's my kind of old fart computer geek. However ...
    ... then I went on to list several rather outlandish, and eventually quite failed, forecasts by Clif High over the last decade.

I came across another indication that Clif High is either blowing smoke (stupid), or is outright lying (deceptive).

When you say something that is ridiculously wrong, and you go on at some length and detail in the matter, then either you have a clue that you're wrong (hence you're being deceptive) or you don't have a clue (hence you're being stupid.)

It starts at the 37:15 mark in this video:

In the segment starting at the 37:15 mark, Clif High explains the theory that Earth is not revolving around the sun, but rather that Earth and the other planets are spiraling around behing the moving sun. Clif further explains that must be so, because if we're revolving around the sun, then we could not see other planets from Earth, except when they were in some rather narrow 18 degree cone opposite the sun.

Clif is stating that if Earth and the other planets were in the same plane, then for example we could not see Venus from Earth at all (it never gets "behind" Earth, opposite the sun) and we could only see Mars, Jupiter or Saturn about 5% (1/20-th) of the time (18 degrees is 1/20 of the full 360 degrees in a circle), when those planets were opposite the sun, on the other side of the Earth from the sun. Any other time, 95% of the time, the sun would block the view of any such outer planet from Earth.

I'm sorry, Clif, but that's insanely idiotic.

I believe I've heard Clif recite this theory of astronomy before ... but that I found it so incredible that he would espouse such a bogus theory that I could only shake my head and wander off in dismay.

Whether you prefer the gravity based conventional astronomy, or the electrically based electric universe astronomy (as I do), that doesn't matter. Either way, if another planet in our solar system is say 90 degrees away from us in our respective orbits around the sun, we here on Earth can see that planet just fine. If it's Mercury, it may be so close to the sun that some way to block the sun's light (such as when seeing Mercury at sunrise or sunset, using the Earth itself to block the sun from our view) may be needed. If it's any other planet, then all that's needed is that the other planet is not right behind (eclipsed by) the sun, and a clear, dark, night sky (so that the day lit sky doesn't wash it out or clouds obscure it), and good enough eyes or telescopes, depending on how large that planet appears from Earth at that point.

It's getting so bad that saying I like to listen to Clif High (which I do) is like saying I like to drink Pepsi Cola (which I used to enjoy) ... there's something dangerously toxic in both of them.

This casts a further shadow across Clif High's current huckstering for Bitcoin.

This doesn't mean that Bitcoin is going down tomorrow afternoon ... some of the best profits are made in giant con games ... before they are taken down.

But this does provide further evidence that crypto-currencies, like several other perhaps initially legitimate, but eventually way over-hyped "profit opportunities", such as
    • many college degrees in the US,
    • a house with mortgage during the latest two housing bubbles,
    • dot-com stocks,
    • mortgage backed securities,
    • student loan backed securities,
    • automobile loan backed securities,
    • the nifty fifty stocks in the 1960's and 1970's,
    • investment funds at Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities, and
    • the FANG stocks (Facebook, Apple, Netflix and Google) stocks at present
    Some of these con games were, or are still, larger than others.

All of them were a mix of the reasonable with the con.

Some of the sales pitch we're hearing for crypto-currencies is, in my estimation, a con job to set up a switch to a world-wide monetary system that is more "secure", meaning provides better security for the elite, meaning better enables their surveillance and control of the unwashed masses, world-wide and is more resistant to efforts of the rascally low life (that's us) to evade or corrupt for our own ends.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 24th August 2017 at 07:37.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Basho (24th August 2017), East Sun (29th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th August 2017), Richard S. (24th August 2017), RunningDeer (5th March 2018)

14. Link to Post #49
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Some of the sales pitch we're hearing for crypto-currencies is, in my estimation, a con job to set up a switch to a world-wide monetary system that is more "secure", meaning provides better security for the elite, meaning better enables their surveillance and control of the unwashed masses, world-wide and is more resistant to efforts of the rascally low life (that's us) to evade or corrupt for our own ends.
    Here is what that future looks like, from my perspective: EOS.IO Technical White Paper.
    ====================
    EOS.IO Technical White Paper

June 26, 2017

Abstract: The EOS.IO software introduces a new blockchain architecture designed to enable vertical and horizontal scaling of decentralized applications. This is achieved by creating an operating system-like construct upon which applications can be built. The software provides accounts, authentication, databases, asynchronous communication and the scheduling of applications across hundreds of CPU cores or clusters. The resulting technology is a blockchain architecture that scales to millions of transactions per second, eliminates user fees, and allows for quick and easy deployment of decentralized applications.

Copyright © 2017 block.one

... lots of distributed system architecture "geek porn" deleted ...

Conclusion

The EOS.IO software is designed from experience with proven concepts and best practices, and represents fundamental advancements in blockchain technology. The software is part of a holistic blueprint for a globally scalable blockchain society in which decentralised applications can be easily deployed and governed.
    ====================

In my view, the above document provides an introduction to the technical architecture, and its corporate developer, block.one carries the mantle, for the means of settlement and recording of contracts, ledgers and payments, in the blockchains of the new world order.

This is not just the NSA's long range plan. It is the long range plan of those who are the power behind our world's financial and monetary systems, and portions of our contract and commercial law.

Bitcoin was little more than the fake rabbit that is used to get the greyhounds to run at the dog track:
    The real power and money at the dog track is not in those greyhounds, and certainly not in that rabbit (or fake fluffy red substitute, the "bitcoin" in my analogy). The real power lies somewhere behind the men in expensive suits in the luxury box seats, high above the track.

Let me repeat part of the closing sentence from the above EOS white paper:
    Quote The software is part of a holistic blueprint for a globally scalable blockchain society
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 28th August 2017 at 18:39.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (28th August 2017), Jayke (28th August 2017), mountain_jim (29th August 2017), StandingWave (29th August 2017), TrumanCash (6th September 2017)

16. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 times in 321 posts

crypto allowed me not to be dependable on the 'credit score' that banks use to grade us. also made it easy to travel everywhere & not worry about carrying cash amounts. i dont need a savings account or any kind of a credit card. identity details are not shared with any party. value is fail-proof against loss or device damage - backed up. not sure if im less or more free now..

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morbid For This Post:

Antagenet (29th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (3rd September 2017), ThePythonicCow (29th August 2017)

18. Link to Post #51
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

World's major central banks working on blockchain-based settlement currency

RT
    Fri, 01 Sep 2017 16:58 UTC

© Chris Helgren / Reuters

Six big banks have joined a group developing a new settlement currency based on blockhain technology, which is behind bitcoin, ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies.

Barclays, Credit Suisse, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, HSBC, MUFG and State Street have joined UBS, BNY Mellon, Deutsche Bank, Santander, NEX and blockchain startup Clearmatics in a project to create a "utility settlement coin". The currency was originally started by UBS.

The project could pioneer the issue of cryptocurrencies by central banks.

"It may well inform the way central banks choose to move things forward. We see it as a stepping stone to a future where central banks issue their own [cryptocurrency] at some point," Hyder Jaffrey, UBS director told Coindesk.

The currency being developed by the banks will be backed by traditional cash.

"The settlement coin will be a collateralized digital currency, backed by cash assets at a central bank, which allows us to transfer ownership easily through the exchange of USCs, thus reducing process complexity and the time taken for settlement," Kaushalya Somasundaram, the head of fintech partnerships and strategy at HSBC, told Coindesk.

In other words, the utility settlement coin allows financial institutions - banks, hedge funds and others - to pay each other or to buy bonds and equities, without waiting for traditional money transfers. The coins would be convertible into different currencies.

Such securities should be transferred to blockchain systems, otherwise the advantages of the technology would be lost.

The first token exchange using the platform could come as soon as the end of 2018, according to UBS.

=======================================

Here is the leading hare...
    Hare and Bell sculpture, UBS building, Broadgate Circus, City of London, England

... so... there must be a turtle somewhere

Related:
    Russia's state-run bank to hire computer savvy teens to develop blockchain technology

Putin to Russian children on Knowledge Day: 'Whoever leads in AI will rule the world'
    Last edited by Hervé; 1st September 2017 at 17:51.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (3rd September 2017), ThePythonicCow (1st September 2017), TrumanCash (6th September 2017)

20. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,729 times in 1,343 posts

The Global Elites’ Secret Plan for Cryptocurrencies

Excerpt from article:

A group of major companies, all regulated by government, have announced a joint effort to develop an open-source blockchain as a uniform standard for all blockchain applications. The group includes JPMorgan, Wells Fargo, State Street, SWIFT, Cisco, Accenture, the London Stock Exchange and Mitsubishi UFJ Financial. That’s not exactly five guys in hoodies working in a garage. That’s a sign of the corporate-state consortium taking over.

An elite U.S. legal institution called the Uniform Law Commission, that proposes model laws intended for adoption in all fifty states, has released its latest proposal called the “Uniform Regulation of Virtual Currency Businesses Act.”

This new law will not only provide a regulatory scheme for state regulators, but will also be a platform for litigation by private plaintiffs and class action lawyers seeking recourse against real or imagined abuses by digital coin exchanges and facilities. Once litigation begins, anonymity is the first casualty.

Big Brother is coming to the blockchain.

Regards,
    Jim Rickards
    for The Daily Reckoning
    Last edited by TrumanCash; 6th September 2017 at 23:31.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (7th September 2017), seko (7th September 2017), ThePythonicCow (7th September 2017)

22. Link to Post #53
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

Actually it's Big Sister, Tru. Ex-JPMorgan head of the silver manipulation Blythe Masters is heading up the block chain initiative for the banks.

It's not bitcoin, but the underlying technology to handle settlements. If any one is old enough, then consider it a digital Cusip system using robust encryption.
    When in doubt, do the next right thing.
    My blog: http://grayseconomy.com

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (7th September 2017), mountain_jim (7th September 2017), seko (7th September 2017), ThePythonicCow (7th September 2017), TrumanCash (7th September 2017)

24. Link to Post #54
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mgray (here)
    Actually it's Big Sister ... Blythe Masters ...
    Yup .

The big boys (and girls) plan to incorporate the blockchain, aka distributed digital ledger, technology into the new world monetary transaction and clearing system.

One of the recently issued cryptocurrencies, EOS, being developed by the Cayman Islands based corporation block.one, has a white paper out, the EOS.IO Technical White Paper, that describes this, and "their" (the big folks) plan fairly well, in my view.

Block.one is working to develop a system called EOS that will handle millions of transactions per second, with no end user fees, thus enabling it to replace even small cash transactions. They have major funding, and major players involved.

Just as Jim Rickards explains in the article that Truman quotes above, such a system involves restricting the number of compute nodes that are producing the blockchain and applying transactions. In the case of EOS, there would be 20 "chosen" "block producers" each minute. Once every three seconds, one of those 20 will calculate the next block for that three second period.

Only major players, operating very large computers, with major Internet connectivity, will be eligible to participate.

If you read the EOS TOKEN PURCHASE AGREEMENT, you can see that they are seriously "lawyered up".

The above EOS white paper sums it up pretty well, in its conclusion (I added the bold markup):
    Quote The EOS.IO software is designed from experience with proven concepts and best practices, and represents fundamental advancements in blockchain technology. The software is part of a holistic blueprint for a globally scalable blockchain society in which decentralised applications can be easily deployed and governed.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 7th September 2017 at 10:09.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Antagenet (23rd September 2017), Bill Ryan (12th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (7th September 2017), mgray (7th September 2017), mountain_jim (7th September 2017), TrumanCash (7th September 2017)

26. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Jim Rickards, quoted in some posts above, has provided further details of what he anticipates, in an "open letter" to US President Donald Trump, posted a couple of days ago at Dear President Trump: America is in for a Rude Awakening in January.

In this "open letter", Rickards anticipates that early next year, 2018, the IMF will unveil a "Distributed Ledger" (aka "blockchain") base for exchanging SDR's. They intend for this to be part of the "plumbing" that will replace the US Dollar as the "reserve currency" of the world.

Our Avalon member "mgray" has a good explanation of this up on his grayseconomy.com: IMF eyeing blockchain for roll out of SDR to replace US dollar: Rickards.

I'll quote parts of mgray's piece here. You may go to the above grayseconomy.com link to read it in its entirety.

Quote I was talking to a currency trader, Thursday on the train going home. He knows I’m a business editor at a large paper in New York City.

He was telling me how Fx traders were not taking any positions after the end of this year. How the markets were constricting and said it was a huge problem and perhaps a bigger story.

I asked why? Was there a global currency coming or perhaps a reset?

All he could tell me as we got off the train was that I should look into it.
    Quote However this morning I did see that James Rickards, author of “Currency War,” among other titles and cited here before, put out an open letter to President Trump warning him of problems in the US dollar.

The nutshell of the letter is that beginning Jan. 2018 the International Monetary Fund — using blockchain technology, which is the same technology that bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies use, will be issuing Special Drawing Rights (SDR) as a new world currency to replace the dollar.
    Quote If crude can be traded in any currency, then there is big trouble in not only the currency market — a small backwater trading operation — but Treasury trading will implode.

That’s where Rickard’s nightmare scenario comes to fruition.
    This fits well with my expectations.

The "new world's money", both at the highest levels (now occupied by the forex and bond markets, using US Treasuries as the core reserve asset) and at the lowest levels (purchasing a cup of coffee, say) will "be on the blockchain", meaning that their accounting will be done using distributed ledger blockchain technology, rather than using the current centralized databases running on mainframe computers owned by large corporations that have a strong heritage back to the days of the original IBM 360 and Cobol, in the 1960's.

Not only will the underlying technology change, but also the fundmental markets will change. It is often said that the essense of the "Petro-Dollar" that has been with us since US President Richard Nixon's Secretary of State Henry Kissinger visited Saudi Arabia in the early 1970's is that the Petro-Dollar is "backed by" oil. In my view, the term "backed by" is misleading. What matters to a "fiat" currency are the means by which (1) it is created into the economy, and (2) it is extracted back out of the economy.

Though I won't pursue this analogy very far in this post, I like to think of "money" as being like the hydraulic fluid in large earth moving and mining equipment. Such a fluid conveys both the force and the control to move various shovels, blades and such as the operator chooses. The force typically starts with a diesel engine and ends with something heavy, bulky or hard moving or being pulverized.

The US Dollar is lent into the US domestic economy primarily by lending (debt creation) conducted by the banks in the US Federal Reserve system. The US Dollar is extracted back out of the US domestic economy primarily by means of (1) payments on the aforementioned debt, and (2) taxes, especially the Federal Income Tax, which was created back in 1913, the same year that the Federal Reserve system was created (no accident there.)

But for the US Dollar to function as the world's core reserve currency, by fiat (no longer by any pretense to gold backing or convertibility), it required a global means of creation and extraction. The US Federal Income Tax only applies to Americans, not to the rest of the world.

The big New York banks and various world institutions such as the World Bank and the IMF created international Dollars by lending. This is the same means of creating money by lending it into existence (a favorite means of the Money Masters for millenia), just lending it on a global scale.

The dominant means of extracting the Dollars back out of the economy, after they had flowed here and there, were again through (1) collection of payments on debt, and (2) requiring US Dollars to purchase petroleum from OPEC and cooperating nations. Some of the nations who did not cooperate were bombed into submission ... see further events in Libya and Iraq. Others nations were driven to bankruptcy, enabling affiliates of the New York banks to purchase the resources and income streams of the bankrupt nations for pennies on the dollar ... see further events in Venezuela, just for example. A few of those Dollars spent for petro ended up a luxury suppliers such as for gold plated Rolls Royces. A few more of those Dollars ended up at US arms suppliers to provide fancy weapons to countries such as Saudi Arabia. Most of those petro Dollars, and most of the debt repayment Dollars ended up either in the gold vaults of Swiss banks or the Treasury vaults of New York and affiliated banks ... never to be seen again, at fair value, by their rightful owner. Thus global Dollars were thus extracted back out of the economy, and the circle was completed.

This shall now change.

Not just the technology used to conduct such business will change, but also the fundamental flows, from creation to extraction, of the world's dominant currencies will change.

The mainframes operated by the New York banks, the New York Federal Reserve, the Treasury's Exchange Stabilization Fund, and/or whoever else has been the dominant core players in the US Dollar based global currency system will lose their central position, displaced by new blockchain based distributed ledgers.

The world's core monetary flows are already changing, as China unveils new ways to purchase petroleum, involving their Renmimbi (RMB) currency the yuan and providing for markets to convert between gold and RMB. Unlike Muammar Gaddafi of Libya or Saddam Hussein of Iraq, China and their ally Russia have sufficient military power to keep the aging US Military at arms length. Meanwhile Russia has become a leading exporter of petro, both liquid crude and gas. Both Russia and China are developing complex and important relations with the other major petro providers, such as Iran, Venezuela, and Qatar. They're "working on" Saudi Arabia as well, the core OPEC nation.

The primary and most essential "life blood" of the US Dollar world reserve currency and US Treasury world core asset, petroleum, is being sucked out of the veins of the US hegemony. (Well, one of the life bloods ... I am less clear what will happen in the global narcotics and arms markets, which have been other core US Dollar markets.)

The change in technology used to conduct financial transactions, from the very large to the very small, is being used to assist in a change to "rewire" the world's financial and monetary circuits.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 13th September 2017 at 06:24.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (12th September 2017), Basho (12th September 2017), Bill Ryan (12th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (12th September 2017), mgray (12th September 2017), mountain_jim (12th September 2017), TrumanCash (12th September 2017)

28. Link to Post #56
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The "new world's money", both at the highest levels (now occupied by the forex and bond markets, using US Treasuries as the core reserve asset) and at the lowest levels (purchasing a cup of coffee, say) will "be on the blockchain", meaning that their accounting will be done using distributed ledger blockchain technology
    Another thought - good old fashioned cash (paper money) will still exist, in smaller denominations. But its issuance (such as a withdrawal from a bank or ATM machine) and its removal from circulation (such as by a deposit of cash) will be tracked using distributed blockchain ledgers, enabling more extensive and systemic world-wide tracking of the flow of cash, and making money laundering of suit cases full of cash more difficult to hide (unless of course, as it is today, you're working on behalf of the bastards in power, the occult powers behind the deep state.)

===

P.S. -- Bitcoin or other such cryptocurrencies held on wallets by individuals will be similarly treated. Bitcoin transactions in small amounts (purchasing a cup of coffee at Starbucks) will be relatively frictionless, but just as with cash, transactions in large amounts for any purpose outside of the Bitcoin blockchain, such as a transaction to purchase a car or house, will be subject to "Know Your Customer" (KYC) regulations, and be subject to the usual, changing, variety of restrictions, taxation and other such limitations.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 12th September 2017 at 20:33.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (12th September 2017), Basho (12th September 2017), Bill Ryan (12th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (13th September 2017), mgray (13th September 2017)

30. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Another thought - a key fundamental property of distributed blockchain ledgers is that they partially disenfranchise some of the current core profit and power centers of large institutions.

Currently the large governments, major banks, and other major corporations each have their own, separate, computer systems to track their financial activity. Trillions, tens of trillions, hundreds of trillions of dollars of hidden activity (hidden corruption and fraud, from the public perspective) occurs within these systems.

The "one world" order that the elite bastards are setting up requires a single, integrated, world-wide information, surveillance, and control grid. This does not require homogeneity ... no more than my left big toe need be anything like my right eyeball. But it requires an integrated world-wide information, surveillance, and control grid.

This means that individual corporations and governments can no longer have such massive black operations that have substantial independence from the surveillance and control of the real bastards in power.

What's being sold, in the early phases, as greater freedom for the individual through anonymous Bitcoin transactions is really the initial technical build-out of the world-wide infrastructure to track financial, monetary and (through "smart contracts", such as Ethereum has) certain related legal activity and commitments.

For example, who owns a piece of real-estate, who holds liens on that real-estate, and who owes who what mortage or tax payments on that real estate can all be tracked using this technology. This can, and I predict, will, be so tracked, and thus tracked will be legally accepted evidence in courts of law to render judgements authorizing the use of superior force to enforce judicial edicts.

But it's not just who owns or has liens on your home that will be tracked. The world-wide activity of major corporate and political organizations will also be tracked in ways visible outside those organizations, with global court and "police" (aka military) powers sufficient to enforce those edicts and to control those organizations.

Even the once great United States of America will fall to such control, if this plays out this way. If it does play out this way, then the USA, my country, has a long way further to fall, in the eyes of its currently mostly rather naive citizens.

On the surface, there may appear more, not less, local cultural and economic variability. There no longer need be a McDonalds on every corner, world-wide as a symptom of the political, economic and military dominance of one particular national hegemony. The dominant world-wide control grid will be at the deeper, culturally neutral level of the Internet and of distributed blockchain ledger technology.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 12th September 2017 at 20:25.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Basho (12th September 2017), Bill Ryan (12th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (13th September 2017), mgray (13th September 2017)

32. Link to Post #58
    Language
    English
    Thanks

What has been the major result of the various sanctions against Russia by the United States?

It has been the strengthening of Russia's financial, energy, economic and monetary ties and institutions, outside of the realm of the US Dollar.

This is exactly as intended.

The much hyped conflicts increasing between the US on the one hand and Russia and China on the other hand are ways of presenting to the masses a story that explains what is happening, without being too direct, thus avoiding direct resistance. As in American Football, it's easier to run right if the defense things you're going to run left or pass deep.

This is happening now, today, as we speak. Today, U.S. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin warned China that the US would impose trade sanctions on China if it did not support increased sanctions against North Korea. As reported in the RT article: US threatens to ‘cut China off’ from dollar if it does not uphold sanctions against N. Korea

============
    The Treasury Secretary echoed the words of the US envoy to the UN, Nikki Haley, by calling the fresh round of sanctions against Pyongyang “historic.” Mnuchin added “if China doesn’t follow these sanctions, we will put additional sanctions on them and prevent them from accessing the US and international dollar system.
    ============

Consider for a moment: What will be the most likely consequence of Mnuchin's warning to China?

Answer: see above ... as with Russia so with China.

China will be increasingly motivated to continue development of the various institutions, agreements, trade policies, and such that no longer depend on the currently dominant US Dollar system.

China and Russia are very well aware that they cannot continue to depend on the banking, financial, market, trade and transaction systems, institutions and arrangements that are the backbone of the US Dollar and US Treasury based global monetary system.

This too is exactly as intended.

===

P.S. -- The Zero Hedge article title for this report is even more explicit: US Threatens To Cut Off China From SWIFT If It Violates North Korea Sanctions.

SWIFT is the dominant means of transferring large sums of money between banks. It is a key part of the US Dollar system. Of course, this warning from Mnuchin will motivate China to continue development of their SWIFT alternative, the Cross-border Interbank Payment System (CIPS) system.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 13th September 2017 at 04:24.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (13th September 2017), Basho (13th September 2017), Bill Ryan (14th September 2017), Ewan (14th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (13th September 2017)

34. Link to Post #59
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Warning: the following post is more dense than usual for me ... I'll be a bit surprised, albeit pleased, if anyone is able to make full sense of it. Sorry, and good luck!

===

I anticipate that this same theme, the replacement of the current US Dollar based systems with distributed ledger blockchain technology systems, is also about to happen in the precious metals markets, such as gold and silver, as an integral part of a larger, complex, set of core architectural changes to the world's financial, monetary, and property systems.

The following discussion focses on various forms of short term debt and trade settlement.

One important part of any market for commodities is their futures markets, in which producers and sellers, as well as investors, can buy and sell contracts to receive or deliver the commodity for some particular price, at some particular time in the future.

The classic case occurs in farming of annual crops, in which the farmer may want to sell in the spring, at a prearranged price, what he expects to produce in the fall, so as to fund the seed, fertilizer, irrigation, food, fuel, and equipment needed to produce the crop.

Another important part of any short term financial market is trade settlement, getting payment from the end consumer to the original producers, without imposing unnatural demands that the end purchase price show up for the original producer before production, much less distribution, has even begun.

In international trade in the 1800's, 91-day commercial Bills of Exchange were in common use. Wholesale purchases by intermediate distributors and producers could be paid for not with immediate currency, but rather by signing such a Bill, agreeing to pay in 91 days. These bills could be traded on "the bill market", and would be redeemed for face value at the end of the 91 days by the final retail seller, using the proceeds of the sale to the end user. According to Anatal Fekete's research (see below), these Bills were described by Adam Smith's Real Bills Doctrine (though I haven't gone back to Smith's work to verify this for myself.) Anatal Fekete describes these bills at length in his various works ... see for example this paper: The Wisdom of Adam Smith for Our Own Times (Fekete, pdf)

In his article Detractors of Adam Smith's Real Bills Doctrine, Anatal Fekete provides another wonderful example of such Bills of Trade in his description of their use in the Middle Ages in fairs held in such European cities as Lyon, France, and Seville, Spain.

Both futures contracts and Bills of Trade are important elements of healthy financing and clearing of payments involved in trade, production and distribution, on a short term basis.

Back to futures markets ...

Currently, the global price in $US of gold and silver is set using futures contracts, on the futures market called the COMEX, the Commodities Exchange market in New York. By most accounts that I've seen (from many goldbugs), for many years now, this COMEX market for gold and silver futures has become deeply corrupted. One could, for example, purchase a contract on the COMEX to receive some gold or silver at a future date, for a predetermined price. But if that turns out to be a good price when that date arrives, COMEX won't deliver the metal you bought, but just give you a "paper" ($US Dollar) credit for your efforts.

This in turn has allowed the big New York banks to drive down the price of gold and silver, by selling short (at a low ball price) contracts for future deliveries that they don't actually have the metal to deliver on. They are selling something they don't have or at least don't intend to deliver. In a well ordered world, this would be fraud.

By keeping the price low, China, Russia and the New York banks have been able to buy up a substantial quantities of gold and silver at depressed prices. Some of the speculation is that China (which as you may recall now owns the New York City headquarters building of JP Morgan Chase, and likely has more power over the New York banks than is publicly visible) has been forcing the New York bankers and US Treasury to keep the price of gold and silver low, while they (China) bought up thousands of tons of it, in order that they would be in a dominant position in the "new world monetary system" that replaces the current US Petro-Dollar system.

This concentration of cheaply purchased gold and silver is apparently enabling the setup for what will be presented as "gold and silver" backed debt paper, including gold backed "trade notes", in the reincarnation of the "Real Bills", aka “Gold Bills”, as Dr. Fekete calls 91-day commercial Bills of Exchange, which dominated short term debt used to fund international trade in some past centuries, such as in the nineteenth century (the 1800's). Professor Antal E. Fekete has been researching the history and use of these "Gold Bills" since the mid 1970's ... Fekete's work prior to that was in mathematics. These gold backed trade notes are what Jim Willie has been strongly predicting now for the last few years.

Jim Willie, and Anatal Fekete, got this forecast right.

The BRICS annual summit was held last week from September 3-5 in Xiamen, China, hosted by Chinese President Xi Jinping. At this meeting, Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping announced that China would soon be introducing a yuan based, gold backed, crude oil futures contract. Here are three of the initial articles explaining this announcement, one each from Chinese, Russian, and Western Petro sources:The last link above, to Peak Oil, summarizes the announcement:

========
    And then, Putin delivers the clincher;

Russia shares the BRICS countries’ concerns over the unfairness of the global financial and economic architecture, which does not give due regard to the growing weight of the emerging economies. We are ready to work together with our partners to promote international financial regulation reforms and to overcome the excessive domination of the limited number of reserve currencies.”

To overcome the excessive domination of the limited number of reserve currencies” is the politest way of stating what the BRICS have been discussing for years now; how to bypass the US dollar, as well as the petrodollar.

Beijing is ready to step up the game. Soon China will launch a crude oil futures contract priced in yuan and convertible into gold.

This means that Russia – as well as Iran, the other key node of Eurasia integration – may bypass US sanctions by trading energy in their own currencies, or in yuan.
    ========

What I am further anticipating, in line with this marriage of crude oil futures, yuan currency and gold backed trade notes, is the integration of distributed blockchain ledger technology, replacing the "classic" (for the last half century) corporate controlled mainframe computer technology, for recording and updating the accounting ledger for these assets, including both
    1. crude oil futures (as just announced at the BRICS annual summit), precious metal futures (replacing the corrupt beyond repair COMEX gold and silver futures markets), and
    2. 91-day commercial Bills of Exchange, aka Gold Bills (Fekete's perferred term), aka Gold Trade Notes (Jim Willie's preferred term).
    With the above announcement by Russia and China that China will be introducing a gold backed crude oil futures contract, one more essential piece of the machinery needed for this "new world monetary system" is coming into view.

===

We are seeing now is not just the replacement of one national based world reserve currency with another (Chinese RMB replacing US Dollar), but rather something quite a bit more substantial. China does not intend its national RMB currency to become the next world reserve currency. Using one's own national currency as the basis for a "world reserve currency" is (over a period of perhaps a half century) national suicide, thanks to Triffin's Dilemma, for which the United States Dollar is rapidly becoming the finest example, just as Triffin warned, in 1959.

Rather what we are seeing now is the re-construction, on the basis of the world-wide communications, computation, storage and most recently distributed blockchain ledger technology that we now have, of various forms of handling the monetary and financial instruments and transactions that resemble those used in the 1800's, using quill pens and double entry paper ledger accounting books.

===

Of course, and in some ways unfortunately, people don't usually replace their current house with an entirely rebuilt and redesigned house unless they suffer (or enjoy) a major change in circumstances. Perhaps a hurricane devastates their current house and they are forced to rebuild on a smaller scale, or they inherit a great fortune and can afford to rebuild on a more grand scale.

I doubt that the US is about to "inherit a great fortune" (it's more like we're about finished spending such). I also doubt the US will "go gentle into that good night" (Dylan Thomas, Welsh poet).

Massive destruction of the current US financial system will be needed to set the stage for such a dramatic overhaul. Perhaps the Equifax hack announced a few days ago, in which the full credit history, credentials and identity of essentially every "banked" adult resident of the United States, some 143 million Americans out of a population of 323 million, were stolen by a hacker now demanding a few million in ransom (payable in Bitcoin, of course) is one piece of that massive destruction.

===

As one more bit of evidence supporting my forecast that distributed blockchain ledger technology will be an essential component of the "new world monetary system", I take the assertion yesterday by Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan, that Bitcoin is a "fraud", "“worse than tulip bulbs" (see for example Bloomberg report) to be a contrarian indicator, just as was the public opposition of the New York bankers to the proposed Federal Reserve Act in 1913, an Act that they not only deeply supported, but actually architected, in a secret meeting in 1910 on Jekyll Island. I fully expect that JPMorgan Chase (Blythe Masters being "one of theirs") is deeply involved in adapting "big banking" to a distributed blockchain ledgers.

===

That's enough (more than enough) pieces of the puzzle for now.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 13th September 2017 at 10:32.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Antagenet (23rd September 2017), Basho (13th September 2017), Bill Ryan (14th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (13th September 2017)

36. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

Here's my take on JPMorgan chief Jamie Dimon trash talking bitcoin again.
    When in doubt, do the next right thing.
    My blog: http://grayseconomy.com

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

Basho (13th September 2017), Bill Ryan (14th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (13th September 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 3 13 22 LastLast