+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 7 17 22 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin, the war on cash, Clif High, and the NSA's long range plans

1. Link to Post #121
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Default Re: Bitcoin, the war on cash, Clif High, and the NSA's long range plans

This is obviously big news over the last couple of days , Max having a amusing
    rant , culminating in " Jamie Dimon is p------ his pants"....

The Bitcoin debate: Max Keiser vs. Steve Keen

Streamed live 1 hour ago
    The Bitcoin debate: Max Keiser vs. Steve Keen

====================================================

Bob Nardelli: Bitcoin is phony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IuXhlIbTVE

Published on 29 Nov 2017...Fox Buisness..
    Former Chrysler CEO Bob Nardelli and 32Advisors CEO Robert Wolf on bitcoin.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 29th November 2017 at 20:43.

2. Link to Post #122
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    This is obviously big news over the last couple of days , Max having a amusing
    "p------ his pants" ... or "p------ on Bitcoin?

In the last four and a half hours, Bitcoin has fallen from $11,500 to $9,600 .
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Cidersomerset (29th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th November 2017)

4. Link to Post #123
    Thanks

Quote Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)

Quote This is obviously big news over the last couple of days , Max having a amusing

"p------ his pants" ... or "p------ on Bitcoin?
    In the last four and a half hours, Bitcoin has fallen from $11,500 to $9,600 .
    I have no idea just reporting the headlines... Your the money guys...LOL
    Max does claim he is a crypto currency expert and has been talking about
    it for years and seems to know his stuff...

Though it does sound like the Bankster's are panicking and working on their own versions....
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 29th November 2017 at 21:35.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th November 2017)

6. Link to Post #124
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here's another perspective on Bitcoin - from an interview of Michael McKibben, who claims to have tried to patent the distributed data software required by all the major social media platforms, such as Facebook, that enables them to scale practically without limit. McKibben had his patent stolen by the corrupt legal system in the US.

Consider what is said about the Windlevoss twins, starting at 13 min, 30 sec into the following video:

Here's a rough transcript of that portion:
    • [Douglas Gabriel (DG)] ... and then the Winklevoss's got a settlement, millions of dollars in their settlement. Did Greenspan get a settlement ... from Mark ...?
    • [Michael McKibben (MM)] Interestingly he got a settlement during ... before our trial.
    • [DG] So I think the Winklevoss's got what ... $26 million or something
    • [MM] No, I think that their settlement was for, I think, $65 million. Part of it was in cash and part of it was in Facebook stock.
    • [DG] Oh, that's right, exactly.
    • [MM] And then they seem to have been offered a position in Bitcoin, because they're now big into Bitcoin.
    From the Winklevoss twin's Wikipedia page, "In April 2013, the brothers claimed they owned nearly 1% of all bitcoin in existence at the time."
    • Given the depth of corruption that Michael McKibben is claiming occurred with the technology underlying the major social media, including Facebook,
    • given the early theft and manipulation of that social media distributed data technology, and
    • given the connection of the Winklevoss twins to both Facebook and Bitcoin and the variety of Bitcoin schemes that the Winklevoss twins have been involved in since "they first learned about the oldest digital currency in 2012." (Reference: CoinTelegraph.com) ...
    I can only conclude that it's highly likely that Bitcoin has been a cointel operation from it's early inception, or at least from it's early theft from whomever had conceived it.

Continue to listen to the above video, past the little bit that I transcribed, to hear more details of the corruption behind Facebook.

I presume that similar corruption is behind Bitcoin.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

bluestflame (1st December 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th November 2017)

8. Link to Post #125
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Though it does sound like the Bankster's are panicking and working on their own versions....
    In my estimation, it is only in our wishful thinking that the Bankster's are panicking.

My current rough expectation is that "they" intend to get Bitcoin significantly embedded into ordinary usage, and then they intend to destroy Bitcoin, blaming it on fraud, so that the ordinary person will beg for regulation (which of course must be global, since Bitcoin does not respect national boundaries or currencies) to "make a safe Bitcoin."

Of course, the major banking and financial institutions will need to be major cryptocurrency players in such a scenario.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

3(C)+me (7th December 2017), bluestflame (1st December 2017), Cidersomerset (29th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th November 2017)

10. Link to Post #126
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    • [Douglas Gabriel (DG)] ... and then the Winklevoss's got a settlement, millions of dollars in their settlement. Did Greenspan get a settlement ... from Mark ...?
    From BitCoinTalk.org, here's a bit of the "story" behind the Winklevoss beginnings with Bitcoin:
    Quote It was on a very hot day in July 2012 that the Winklevoss twins discovered bitcoin, while partying in Ibiza. At 32 years old, the enviably athletic pair have both Harvard and Oxford on their CVs, and seem predestined for success. They famously won a $65m settlement from Facebook after claiming Mark Zuckerberg had stolen their idea for a Harvard social network, and rowed in the 2008 Olympics.

Yet their chance encounter with bitcoin in the Mediterranean was rather more serendipitous. “We were on vacation, and happened to bump into a guy who is mutual friend and he started to tell us about bitcoin," Tyler Winklevoss explains. “We were fascinated from day one," he says, hinting that having just abandoned five years of chasing Facebook through the courts, the time was right to start something new. "At the time we were just re-immersing ourselves inside the tech world, getting into the trenches again.”

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (29th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th November 2017)

12. Link to Post #127
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I need a good lip reader.

What is Douglas Gabriel saying in the 10 or so seconds of silenced audio, starting at 44 min 28 sec into the video Zuckerberg’s Theft of Social Media?

13. Link to Post #128
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Max does claim he is a crypto currency expert
    Max is an expert in crypto currency spiel.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Cidersomerset (30th November 2017), mgray (7th December 2017)

15. Link to Post #129
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Well, well ... the dramatic rise in Bitcoin over the last day has crashed some of the main Bitcoin exchanges, and resulted in a 20% drop in Bitcoin off it's high.

From Bitcoin's Wild Ride: A Rally, Then a Rout as Exchanges Bog Down (Bloomberg):
    Quote Bitcoin plunged as much as 20 percent hours after a rally past $11,000 generated a surge in traffic at online exchanges that led to intermittent outages.

The plunge capped a wild day for the largest cryptocurrency that included a breakneck advance to a high of $11,434 before the reversal took it as low as $9,009. As of 3:36 p.m. in New York, it traded at $9,911.10, virtually unchanged from where it began the session.

The heaviest selling came amid reports of service outages and delays on some of the largest online exchanges. The extent of the problems on platforms such as Coinbase and Gemini remained unclear, with several saying massive spikes in traffic had caused unspecified problems. Coinbase remained unavailable to some users.
    The good news (for me at least) is that I sensed Bitcoin was rising too fast last night, and sold (converted to $US) all my Bitcoin, late last night.

My current expectation (quite subject to change, as usual) is to get back into Bitcoin, about a week from now.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (29th November 2017), bluestflame (1st December 2017), Czarek (30th November 2017), Debra (30th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th November 2017)

17. Link to Post #130
    Language
    English
    Thanks

My current rough expectation is that "they" intend to get Bitcoin significantly embedded into ordinary usage, and then they intend to destroy Bitcoin, blaming it on fraud, so that the ordinary person will beg for regulation ... to "make a safe Bitcoin."
    Actually, this is happening now, as I write.

After another couple of cryptocurrency exchange outages, two weeks ago, of the Korean Bithumb exchange and of the San Francisco Kraken exchange, reports suggested that uncontrolled exchanges were too unreliable and needed to be regulated.

For example, in the article Bitcoin Exchange ... Is Down (Cryptinfo.net):
    Quote The issues raise concerns about whether largely unregulated exchanges, without the safeguards of securities bourses, will be able to reliably provide prices for indexes tied to futures and exchange traded funds, and cope with higher trading volume that could come if institutional investors start buying cryptos.
    While bitcoin’s ability to skirt government and central bank controls is part of what makes it attractive to many, cryptocurrency traders and investors are now finding it might not be such a bad thing for regulators to get involved.
    Once again, the government is here to save us ... from the disasters they have created

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (30th November 2017), bluestflame (1st December 2017), Debra (30th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th November 2017), kanishk (30th November 2017)

19. Link to Post #131
    Thanks

Max does claim he is a crypto currency expert
    Max is an expert in crypto currency spiel.
    That's a pretty good summery for Max.....

=====================================

I'm doing my rounds on the headline sites and Fox Business
    has gone Bit coin crazy and are split in most of the items below...

Bitcoin stock prices continues to soar
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz0TfZ3JlVs
    Published on 29 Nov 2017
    FBN’s Deirdre Bolton discusses cryptocurrency
    Bitcoin’s soaring stock prices.

=================================
    =================================

Bitcoin cryptocurrency is a game changer: Naomi Brockwell
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzOV4ZdVj3s
    Published on 29 Nov 2017
    Former New York Bitcoin Center policy director Naomi
    Brockwell on why she remains bullish on the cryptocurrency.

================================

Investing in Bitcoin? Prepare for volatility
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax7GnZQd0jY
    Published on 30 Nov 2017
    Crossmark Global Investments’ Victoria Fernandez on the
    state of the markets and bitcoin’s volatility.

Does bitcoin have a competitive advantage over other cryptocurrencies?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyNn6MML2fg
    Published on 30 Nov 2017
    Mic Senior editor Susie Poppick on the debate over the future of bitcoin.

===============================

Warning clients on bitcoin, an investment with no value: UBS Chairman
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l6l9Q5fyyQ
    Published on 30 Nov 2017
    UBS Chairman Axel Weber on the economy, markets, the Republican
    tax reform plan, the Federal Reserve and bitcoin.

Is bitcoin a bubble about to burst?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MR-RqENshQ
    Published on 30 Nov 2017
    Brian Brenberg of The King’s College argues cryptocurrencies have a
    lot of potential as an asset class in the long term.

This is not a bit coin article , they are commenting whether the Dow will hit 25K.

Dow hits 24k: Where do markets go from here?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KFjtuCr8c4
    Published on 30 Nov 2017
    Varney & Co. discuss their outlooks for the markets after the Dow hit an all-time high of 24K.

Bitcoin bull Novogratz to FBN: 'I sold some Bitcoin this week on spike to $11,000'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6eyj4Wrlv4
    Published on 30 Nov 2017
    Galaxy Investment Partners CEO Mike Novogratz tells FOX Business' Liz Claman
    that investors should only commit 3% of net worth to bitcoin.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 1st December 2017 at 00:55.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

avid (30th November 2017), Bruno (1st December 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th November 2017)

21. Link to Post #132
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,163 times in 1,390 posts

.....In the last four and a half hours, Bitcoin has fallen from $11,500 to $9,600 .
    Consolidation is always inevitable after an all time high, right?

My take (two): BTC = $20 000 by the end of March 2018
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Bruno (1st December 2017), Callista (1st December 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st December 2017)

23. Link to Post #133
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Akasha (here)
    Consolidation is always inevitable after an all time high, right?
    Well, if by "all time high", you mean higher than ever before, then no - consolidation is not inevitable, not at all.

On its journey from $0.01 to $11,517.40, Bitcoin hit most of these 1151740 possible values, for the "very first time", at some point along the way. It certainly didn't turn down after every such "all time high", but continued trading higher.

If on the other hand, by "all time high", you mean a relative high point, compared to its trading value both before and after that point, for some period of time, then it consolidated every time after such an all time high, because that's what you meant by "all time high" .

===

But I'm quibbling a bit ... even though I don't agree with the literal meaning of the words in your question, I agree that Bitcoin, like most things that trade, will at times spike up further and faster than usual, and that such spikes will at times be followed by a "consolidation", a leveling or decline. At other times such spikes will be followed by a collapse (a much sharper down turn than a consolidation). The graphical charts of the price and other statistics versus time of such price action, are a favored porn of technical trading geeks.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bruno (1st December 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st December 2017)

25. Link to Post #134
    Thanks

Its everywhere over the last couple of the days and Crosstalk have just
    done a debate on it and the lastest episode of the big bang theory is
    called 'The Bitcoin Entanglement' .....They have only reached $ 5,000

Trailor..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr3KLCDAlnU
    segment from show...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mzPJBNd69k
    Leonard,Raj and Howard are looking for their lost bitcoins
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBQt8V70msk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one of the better geo - political debates on the subject of crypto currencies
    so far I have seen. I'm sure you have seen better Paul but for none financial
    technical people it explains why government will not let this happen if they can
    stop it , though it is to late globally and one of the guest points out the money can
    be traced by law enforcement by seizing wallet soft ware and can be easier to seize
    the asset than cash .There is probably nothing new discussed but they explained it
    well imo, an interesting on going debate....

CrossTalk: Bitcoin Fever!

Published on 1 Dec 2017
    Bitcoin – for some it is the perfect marriage of technology and finance.
    For others it is a ‘get rich’ scheme. Though no one can deny its market
    value is soaring and becoming an attractive alternative to the current
    global banking system. Is bitcoin revolutionizing the world?
    CrossTalking with Mitch Feierstein, Jeffrey Tucker, and Garrick Hileman.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 1st December 2017 at 16:44.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bruno (1st December 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st December 2017), Morbid (1st December 2017), ThePythonicCow (1st December 2017)

27. Link to Post #135
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

how cryptocurrency like bitcoin is used as currency that able to destroy Banks or Government...i brought 1 bitcoin for 11337.48 which at current price, i buy an item for $56.69 which cost .005 bitcoin. what happen in future transaction when bitcoin drop to 10k and increase to 12k?

that's the thing i don't get about bitcoin when we have Fiat Money or Dollar as main form of currency.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th December 2017)

29. Link to Post #136
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,349 times in 1,707 posts

PROOF: WALL STREET WOULD LOVE TO COLLUDE TO DESTROY BITCOIN [& GOLD]

SGTreport
    Published on Dec 5, 2017
    SUBSCRIBE 236K
    Tuesday, December 5th provided yet more hard evidence of Wall Street's epic criminality, first came another $1.5 BILLION in notional gold thrown as the market to bring the price down to 4-month lows, while at the same exact time, Wall Street shorts dragged GBTC, the over the counter BTC fund, down 25% intraday while the actual price of BTC was up nearly 5% all day long. It's more proof that not only can Wall Street NOT be trusted, the criminals on the Street would LOVE to destroy the free market in Bitcoin through the Bitcoin futures market which launches December 10th.

Here's the link to SD Bullion if you'd like score some PHYSICAL silver or gold: http://sdbullion.com/sgt

Please consider supporting SGT Report on Patron with a monthly contribution: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=5104183

For REAL news 24/7:
    http://sgtreport.com/
    http://thephaser.com/
    http://thelibertymill.com/

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

Cidersomerset (6th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th December 2017)

31. Link to Post #137
    Thanks

Bitcoin hits record high amid bubble fears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7vI55v-6Jo

Published on 5 Dec 2017
    Bitcoin powered to a new record high Tuesday. The cryptocurrency has soared
    nearly 1500 percent in the last 12 months -- but business leaders and economists
    are warning the popularity could be a bubble about to burst. Scott Gamm, a
    correspondent with TheStreet TV, joins CBSN to discuss.

=======================================
    =======================================
    Bitcoin booming despite warnings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k7PnxnUnco
    Published on 5 Dec 2017
    The hottest currency in the world right now is Bitcoin. In the past 12 months,
    investors have driven the value up nearly 1,500 percent. There are true believers,
    and others who warn the Bitcoin bubble could burst. Bianna Golodryga reports.

================================================

CBOE CEO Edward Tilly On Launch Of Bitcoin Futures Trading | CNBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2q3vOmFbDc
    Published on 5 Dec 2017
    CNBC's Bob Pisani speaks with Edward Tilly, CBOE CEO, discusses the first
    bitcoin futures market opening at the CBOE.

Bitcoin is a bubble, when it bursts it can be disastrous’ – analyst on bitcoin record
    over $12,000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WssBBw0IBnk

Published on 6 Dec 2017...RT News....
    Cryptocurrency bitcoin has set another record, breaking through the $12,000 mark
    for the first time.Compare that with where it was at the beginning of the year,
    when it was trading at around $1,000 per token. Since then, it's been growing
    constantly, albeit it with regular fluctuations.RT discussed this with Craig Erlam,
    senior market analyst at foreign exchange company OANDA
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 6th December 2017 at 17:39.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

BMJ (7th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th December 2017)

33. Link to Post #138
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

http://www.businessinsider.com/coutt...invest-2017-12

Quote The Queen's bank, Coutts, has no plans to invest in bitcoin because it is backed by 'nothing but sentiment'

LONDON — Private bank Coutts said on Wednesday it has no plans to invest in bitcoin because the cryptocurrency has "nothing but sentiment" behind it.

Lilian Chovin, investment strategist at Coutts Bank — which is known as the bank of the Royal Family, as well as many of the UK's wealthiest people — said cryptocurrencies "have nothing but sentiment backing them up, are vulnerable to government sanctions and lack the kind of data we look for to gauge value."

As a result, she said, Coutts has no current plans to include cryptocurrencies in its investment strategies.

The bank said the development of blockchain technology is a "far more interesting" area to watch and has the potential to disrupt any field where there is the need for secure, transferable records.

Bitcoin reached a high of $11,400 before falling nearly 20% to $9,200, then climbing to another all-time high of $12,777 in early trading on Wednesday. These turbulent ups and downs, said Coutts, are feeding wider concerns that bitcoin, and the tech sector, could be a "bubble."

Chovin pointed to the Bank of England's deputy governor Sir Jon Cunliffe's warning in November that investors should "do their homework" before investing in bitcoin.

However, Coutts said the tech sector is "still good value," with innovative trends such as Artificial Intelligence and driverless cars, as well as strong Q3 results and a robust economic backdrop, supporting earnings growth expectations.

The US tech sector has been a significant outperformer this year, it said, rising by about 35% — almost double the return from US equities.

I think you won't get any more proof than this that the elite are NOT behind the cryptocurrency phenomenon.
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

BMJ (7th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th December 2017)

35. Link to Post #139
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

can anyone explain to me why bitcoin is not a bubble? everytime bitcoin increase we keep hearing that word bubble...

36. The Following User Says Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

BMJ (7th December 2017)

37. Link to Post #140
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by apokalypse (here)
    can anyone explain to me why bitcoin is not a bubble? everytime bitcoin increase we keep hearing that word bubble...
    When assets have rapidly rising values, it is said they are in a bubble, with the implication being that since bubbles are fragile, therefore the asset's value will likely collapse soon.

Rapid rising, in and of itself, doesn't mean collapse is imminent ... so such "bubble" labels have little predictive value, in and of themselves.

The question of whether bitcoin is in a bubble is thus less interesting to me than the question of what is the future of cryptocurrencies in general, and of bitcoin in specific.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

apokalypse (7th December 2017), BMJ (7th December 2017), Callista (7th December 2017), kanishk (7th December 2017), KiwiElf (7th December 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 7 17 22 LastLast