+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan Reed?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,592 times in 5,659 posts

Default Jonathan Reed?

As an aside about possible true cases. What is the general consensus of Dr Jonathan Reed's case? At first it seems plausible but later some opposing views made me reconsider after people showed they can create the eye blink and triangle craft appearing floating in the woods and the show Fact or Fake voice analysis uncovered deception in his testimony.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

AndrejPeĉënkin (9th August 2017), Bill Ryan (8th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th August 2017), Heart to heart (19th March 2024), Jantje (9th August 2017), meeradas (18th March 2024), Noelle (8th August 2017), The Moss Trooper (8th August 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,859 times in 32,953 posts

Default Re: Jonathan Reed?

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    What is the general consensus of Dr Jonathan Reed's case?
    Reed hoaxed his story, I'm 100% certain.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 8th August 2017 at 22:46.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

AndrejPeĉënkin (9th August 2017), Fellow Aspirant (9th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (8th August 2017), Jantje (9th August 2017), Justplain (9th August 2017), Michelle Marie (8th August 2017), Mike Gorman (7th March 2024), mojo (8th August 2017), Noelle (8th August 2017), The Moss Trooper (8th August 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,839 times in 650 posts

I also find Dr Reed's case interesting.

Quote But Reed hoaxed his story, I'm 100% certain.
    Can you state in more depth why you think this Bill?

Thanks.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Moss Trooper For This Post:

AndrejPeĉënkin (9th August 2017), Bill Ryan (8th August 2017), DNA (9th August 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,083 times in 176 posts

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bayareamom For This Post:

AndrejPeĉënkin (9th August 2017), mojo (9th August 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Joe from the Carolinas's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,955 times in 995 posts

Dude faked his doctor credentials- his pediatric psych case treatment stories were far below even the clinical standards of the early 1900's.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

AndrejPeĉënkin (9th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th August 2017), mojo (9th August 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,036 times in 4,339 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    But you believe there are interdimensional phenomenon going on in the forests of America in how it pertains to the Paulides Missing 411 information? Right?
    Given Reed's situation where upon how he met an interdimensional being and what transpired between he and this creature the recent interdimensional explanation for some of the Paulides cases and what Scott Carpenter has photographed makes Reed's case more compelling in my opinion.

I've long heard your opinion on Reed that his case is fake, but I've never heard you site information other than your opinion.

If Reed is fake and this very well may be, then I would like to propose we as a community come up with an Oscar for someone who has put in the face time and put on a performance that would make Meryl Streep jealous. Here is Reed's first interview with Art Bell back in 98'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk9rR5Gv8N0

Further more, Reed's acting in his initial video he made of what happened directly after his encounter is life time achievement worthy.
    It should go down as one of the absolute all time best performances in a faked close encounter contact with a interdimensional being.
    His special effects people should get an award as well.
    The creature in his video actually opens partially closed eyes and you can see eye movement.
    His special effects team must have had an artist design the interdimensional ship of the being for it is an example of perfection in so far as geometry is concerned.
    Here is the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D03PIcIPNEI

Also I would like to give an honorable mention to Dr. Reed for performing his own stunts.
    Dr. Reed must have felt that a bullet hole though the shoulder was needed to really sell the story and there are just not enough folks out there who are willing to invest this kind of personal suffering to sell their story in my opinion. Jackie Chan comes to mind but even he has never entered method acting to the point he would take a bullet for a movie.
    For folks who are thinking about investing time in the Dr. Jonathan Reed story you need to know that the story in my opinion comes in two parts.
    1. The initial story and what transpired with the interdimensional being and Dr. Reed's reaction to such.
    AND
    2. The fall out from what happened with the contact and how he became the target of the deep state and black projects who wished to destroy him and do him harm to the tune of blowing a hole in his shoulder with a 9mm hollow point. He was also harassed to the point of having his degrees and education erased, his bank accounts seized and his profession basically taken away from him, all the things I would do if I were the Government and wished to discredit/eliminate his story as plausible.
    I believe his best friend was killed as well.

All of this reminds me
    We absolutely have to give Dr. Reed an Oscar for best written faked interdimensional contact scenario.
    There are so many nuances, details, twists and turns.
    Corey Goode would do so much better if he had Reed writing his alien contact stories for him.
    I've got to mention Shane as well here, because if Shane had Dr. Reed writing for him I might have actually fallen for those stories about giants in comas waking up and eating breakfast with him.

Here is a picture of Dr. Reed's shoulder and gun shot wound.

Here is another picture after it has almost completely healed up.

In all seriousness, I try not to judge a story harshly just because it is outlandish.
    This is because the world is not how we've been taught.
    The world is far crazier and infinitely more unpredictable than we could ever imagine.
    I can not tell anyone for sure if this story is true or not.
    But I can, and I would absolutely recommend folks to suspend their disbelief long enough to digest the facts for themselves.
    Dr. Reed's story has remained the same over the years and his telling of the story has never once caused me to hear untruth in his voice.
    The country of Mexico believed Dr. Reed's story to the extent that they offered him a house to live in and asylum from the US Government.
    Last edited by DNA; 9th August 2017 at 14:14.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Mike (18th March 2024), Patient (10th August 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote THE GOOD DOCTOR

On 10-APRIL-2002, I received an e-mail from a person claiming to know the true identity of the man calling himself Dr. Jonathan Reed. This particular person left me a phone number and supplied some interesting details regarding "Dr. Reed." The following day, after verifying a phone number and address, I was on the phone talking to this person. Unlike the many nameless and faceless witnesses that have been presented by the 'investigators' checking out "Dr.Reed', my witness was willing to come forward and go on the record with not only his name, but proof that he indeed knows the man calling himself "Dr. Jonathan Reed."

Enter Bill Werner, a resident of Issaquah, Washington. Werner has lived in Washington State for nearly 30 years and has met some interesting people. Werner said he came to meet "an interesting person" that he would much, much later come to know as Dr. Jonathan Reed.

Werner said that on 15-MARCH-2002 he received a phone call from a close friend named Vern. Vern was at a movie theater in Redmond, Washington and had recognized someone that Werner had known for several years. Vern said he saw the person standing in the lobby of the movie theater talking on a cell phone.

Being within earshot of the cell phone conversation, Vern heard the person say the name "Jonathan Reed". Vern knew the person on the cell phone was named Jonathan, but the last name wasn't at all familiar and he found it odd that the person was "talking engineering techie stuff". Vern decided to call Werner.

"Vern called from there [the movie theater] and asked if I wanted to come up and say hello to him [Jonathan]. I declined at the time as the memories of Jonathan for 18 years were not something I really wanted to dredge up again. I had lost track of him for several years, but several of my friends would have the occasional 'Jonathan' spotting." But as curiosity often does with most, it got the best of Werner and he later found himself doing an Internet search on the name that his friend Vern had overheard.

"I did make a note of the name. I went to google.com, typed in the name, added 'Dr.' on a hunch and voila!" Werner was shocked to see pictures of a man he had known for nearly 20 years calling himself Dr. Jonathan Reed. Even more shocking to Werner were the claims that this "Dr. Reed" made about encountering an alien in the woods of Washington State. Werner said,

"There was my old friend Jonathan, the co-best man at my wedding in 1994, the world famous child psychiatrist, the collector of modern art, the master-mind behind a top-secret computer encryption code which NASA forced him to squash. Except, this guy was calling himself Jonathan Reed. You see, I knew him for all those years as...

...Dr. Jonathan Rutter."

The ever elusive "Dr. Jonathan Reed" had finally been found.
    "Johnny was never a Doctor, MD or PhD and had never attended college. "
    -- Firsthand witness Bill Werner talking about the true identity and educational background of "Dr.Reed"
    http://www.ufowatchdog.com/reed_files_2.htm
    http://www.ufowatchdog.com/reed_files_3.htm

Someone committing fraud and whom is associated with Sideshow Hack Jaime Maussan would probably end up with some bullet holes at some point over the course of the charade.

Try to find evidence of Dr. Reed / Dr. Rutter's license to practice.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

mojo (10th August 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,283 times in 2,101 posts

This thread is a great example of the problems we face in this and other similarly related topics.

If government agencies wanted to destroy and discredit someone, they have complete power to do so. Have any of you experienced that type of power in an abusive and destructive way in your life? If you have, then you would realize without a doubt what can be done to a person. I am sure many people on this site have had experiences that other people would absolutely not believe. I know I have. When you have experienced something incredibly unbelievable you then do not quickly disbelieve other stories.

If there is truth in many of the topics relating to government control, corruption, cover-up, mind control, time travel - just to mention a few. How can we know for sure what is true or not with this event?

One more thing - and I put my neck out with this statement - one of my experiences is with a being who looks very similar to the type of being from this account. And I don't mean "sort of". If this being is a fake, then it would have had to be copied from another picture or something. And if anyone has one that they believe it was created from, I would be very interested (and thankful) to know about it.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

DNA (10th August 2017), mojo (10th August 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Patient (here)
    This thread is a great example of the problems we face in this and other similarly related topics.

If government agencies wanted to destroy and discredit someone, they have complete power to do so. Have any of you experienced that type of power in an abusive and destructive way in your life? If you have, then you would realize without a doubt what can be done to a person. I am sure many people on this site have had experiences that other people would absolutely not believe. I know I have. When you have experienced something incredibly unbelievable you then do not quickly disbelieve other stories.

If there is truth in many of the topics relating to government control, corruption, cover-up, mind control, time travel - just to mention a few. How can we know for sure what is true or not with this event?

One more thing - and I put my neck out with this statement - one of my experiences is with a being who looks very similar to the type of being from this account. And I don't mean "sort of". If this being is a fake, then it would have had to be copied from another picture or something. And if anyone has one that they believe it was created from, I would be very interested (and thankful) to know about it.

Indeed, Bob Lazar had his life destroyed in a very similar fashion by the Government when he became one of the first great whistle blowers.

I agree with you Patient in terms of personal experiences helping one understand things. I've had personal experiences that have helped me understand just how much most people can not accept. My experiences are not only not shared with anyone in my personal life, but also not shared on this forum, I've started to share them, and due to an obvious poor reception I two stepped back and erased what I had written here.
    It's hard putting yourself out there, and when you see a man who has LOST EVERYTHING in so doing the benefit of the doubt seems the like something fair to offer in return.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Matthew (10th August 2017), mojo (10th August 2017), Patient (20th March 2024)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Totally understand the importance of separating the person from the case if at all possible. Also if evidence is provided it should be the focus when choosing to look objectively. Character assessment is a smaller component but important, and noting that disinformation will usually be propagated by others to debunk so we need to consider that as well. The reason is in the statement by Ben in the video when he says if the case is true it could be the biggest thing since Roswell or it could be the biggest fraud. Thats why amazing testimonies like Jonathan Reeds case or recently Corey Goode need as much data about it. If possible attacks on character should be avoided because depending on the evidence the investigator might get it wrong. But if only getting personal testimony is the only option it needs to be examined more closely and more difficult if not impossible to prove without some validation such as two witnesses.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Joe from the Carolinas (11th August 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Another consideration? Did Jonathan Reed do everything possible to protect the evidence? Put yourself in his position he seems intelligent and just came up with the most important hard evidence. But nothing but out of focus bad filming like Blair Witch Project...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Joe from the Carolinas (11th August 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

He probably could have driven the alien down to his local TV station. No journalist would pass up the opportunity to put that on air and break a national story (much like the bigfoot in a freezer story from years ago).

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

mojo (10th August 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by JoefromtheCarolinas (here)
    He probably could have driven the alien down to his local TV station. No journalist would pass up the opportunity to put that on air and break a national story (much like the bigfoot in a freezer story from years ago).

It's a lot easier to play arm chair quarterback than to actually do it in a real game.
    It's tough to say what anyone would do.
    The Government acquires dead Sasquatch bodies and participates in a cover up here just as they do any alien craft that is downed.
    I'm of the opinion that Dr. Reed's story fits the bill as far as what I would expect the Government to do in the case of such an interaction with an interdimensional that included film a dead body and a highly credible witness.

Another consideration? Did Jonathan Reed do everything possible to protect the evidence? Put yourself in his position he seems intelligent and just came up with the most important hard evidence. But nothing but out of focus bad filming like Blair Witch Project...
    I think the film is far from Blair Witch quality. Jonathon shows a thought to be dead interdimensional being and his craft, that's pretty freaking awesome.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to DNA For This Post:

mojo (11th August 2017)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    Quote Posted by JoefromtheCarolinas (here)

It's a lot easier to play arm chair quarterback than to actually do it in a real game.
    It's tough to say what anyone would do.
    Real game? You're funny

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

DNA (18th March 2024), mojo (11th August 2017)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote I'm of the opinion that Dr. Reed's story fits the bill as far as what I would expect the Government to do in the case of such an interaction with an interdimensional that included film a dead body and a highly credible witness.
    DNA, It's commendable to have support in the paranormal field and would not desire to change that. Your opinion might be totally correct of what the gov would do after the discovery, there's no argument there, but we can look at the case before any intervention. Looking only at what is presented ie video evidence (also duplicated w/eye blink) and voice analysis (proving deception) Dr Reeds case is not a strong one in my view (opinion). As mentioned earlier I can only think of what would have helped like filming around the craft to show antigravity and no hoax, securing the film and trace evidence,and calling researchers that we talk about on Avalon to help document. Reed should be honored there's folks like you that still support him and hope he does.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Post:

DNA (18th March 2024)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote I'm of the opinion that Dr. Reed's story fits the bill as far as what I would expect the Government to do in the case of such an interaction with an interdimensional that included film a dead body and a highly credible witness.
    DNA, It's commendable to have support in the paranormal field and would not desire to change that. Your opinion might be totally correct of what the gov would do after the discovery, there's no argument there, but we can look at the case before any intervention. Looking only at what is presented ie video evidence (also duplicated w/eye blink) and voice analysis (proving deception) Dr Reeds case is not a strong one in my view (opinion). As mentioned earlier I can only think of what would have helped like filming around the craft to show antigravity and no hoax, securing the film and trace evidence,and calling researchers that we talk about on Avalon to help document. Reed should be honored there's folks like you that still support him and hope he does.

I never stated folks should believe this story, simply suspend their disbelief long enough to take in all the facts.
    In my opinion Mojo, you have not taken in all the facts, as such your opinion on the matter does not not hold much significance for me.

Your suggestions on what he should have done sounds like you are trying to write a script for a movie. Life isn't so clean and easy.
    I'm in slight awe that folks do not understand what a mind f#ck this would be for someone who has no interest and or experience in the topic what so ever.
    Or what a mind f#ck it would be for the very most experienced and indoctrinated.
    You can never know what this guy went through if indeed his story is real.
    It would flex your mind to the very limits of your sanity and probably push it beyond.
    I feel I have an inkling of what it would be like to go through this, and I'm in awe folks make suggestions as to how he could have handled the situation better.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

mojo (11th August 2017), Patient (11th August 2017)

33. Link to Post #17
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,283 times in 2,101 posts

As an aside about possible true cases. What is the general consensus of Dr Jonathan Reed's case? At first it seems plausible but later some opposing views made me reconsider after people showed they can create the eye blink and triangle craft appearing floating in the woods and the show Fact or Fake voice analysis uncovered deception in his testimony.
    Going back to the origin of the thread - should we question the validity of a person's account due to another person being able to create a 'look alike' video? Or because they claim that "their" voice analysis uncovered deception in a testimony? If I had video of some things that I experienced, just because if someone was able to recreate it with some sort of special effect would not mean that my experience was faked.

I can imagine that many people might have trouble recounting events from a stressful situation if they were afraid that people would not believe them. What if they change the story a bit to be more believable for the audience, or due to the stress of the event they have trouble remembering exact details so when they tell the story they are doubting themselves? People react differently to different situations.

Also, IMHO, the show "Fact or Fake" feels as if their agenda is to disprove almost everything they look at. Or perhaps they are using the show to create their own special effects portfolio. (Wouldn't surprise me when you consider some of the the things that go on in this world.)

I think it comes down to each and everyone's personal feelings based on their experiences and own research. Also, as you learn and experience things, some things that you did not believe before may come back around and you might look at them from a different perspective.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

DNA (11th August 2017), mojo (11th August 2017)

35. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,056 times in 1,753 posts

There is a chap who is reprising a lot of these previously debunked UFO/Alien hoaxes on YouTube, he comes across as being sincere, however it is quite obvious he is just making advertising money from the superficial layers of this topic, Caspersight is the channel I think people like this fellow do more harm than good for the effort to seek the truth, he ran the Jonathan Reed videos with that freezer incident, I had forgotten about that one!

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

DNA (18th March 2024), Miller (7th March 2024), mojo (8th March 2024), Tintin (7th March 2024)

37. Link to Post #19
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,759 times in 999 posts

Quote Posted by Mike Gorman (here)
    There is a chap who is reprising a lot of these previously debunked UFO/Alien hoaxes on YouTube, he comes across as being sincere, however it is quite obvious he is just making advertising money from the superficial layers of this topic, Caspersight is the channel I think people like this fellow do more harm than good for the effort to seek the truth, he ran the Jonathan Reed videos with that freezer incident, I had forgotten about that one!
    Hi Mike. Thanks for the heads up, since I subbed and bell’d him halfway through your comment. I will try to keep yous apprised, when things go sideways.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

DNA (18th March 2024), Miller (7th March 2024), mojo (8th March 2024)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Well here we are many years later than the OP. I pretty much forgotten about this guy. I believe he is a hoax still....

40. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Post:

DNA (18th March 2024)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast