Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: Jim Carrey swallowed the red pill

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Default Re: Jim Carrey swallowed the red pill

Quote Posted by findingneo (here)
    I have seen Jim saying things on talk show programs that I have seen online, and the proper response should have been stunned silence from the audience, and hanging on to hear every word. Instead, folk just thought it part of an act. I am sure it was not just canned laughter, or even all encouraged by one of those folk who walk about to encourage a response from the crowd. Folk were totally oblivious to the desperate look behind his stage grin, and to what he was saying.

At least that is what I saw.
    It reminded me of a scene from what I would call "the haves" (in contrast to "the have not's") in The Hunger Games.
    Simply no idea of what is real and what is not.
    This is the classic response of the masses (and the elite) to the clown, the jester. He is allowed to speak truth to power because of his/her acknowledged role. Some listeners will pick up a shard of truth now and then, but if questioned about it, will be able to deflect criticism from others and dismiss it because of the source. Royalty kept jesters in their courts because they understood that the joker could always be counted on to tell the truth, even as the sycophants around them were lying. Such a role also kept the jester safe from harm: he could always claim madness as a defence. Carrey is one of a long line of such truth tellers.

B.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Ben (12th September 2017), Chester (13th September 2017), findingneo (12th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), justntime2learn (12th September 2017), Justplain (15th September 2017), KiwiElf (12th September 2017), lunaflare (25th September 2017), Valerie Villars (1st April 2018), wegge (14th September 2017), Wind (12th September 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,696 times in 640 posts

This is worth posting in full.

Fear is going to be a player in your life, but you get to decide how much. You can spend your whole life imagining ghosts, worrying about your pathway to the future, but all there will ever be is what’s happening here, and the decisions we make in this moment, which are based in either love or fear.

So many of us choose our path out of fear disguised as practicality. What we really want seems impossibly out of reach and ridiculous to expect, so we never dare to ask the universe for it. I’m saying, I’m the proof that you can ask the universe for it — please! (applause) And if it doesn’t happen for you right away, it’s only because the universe is so busy fulfilling my order. It’s party size! (laughter)

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Billy (13th September 2017), Chester (13th September 2017), findingneo (12th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), KiwiElf (12th September 2017), Michi (12th September 2017), Wind (12th September 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,059 times in 909 posts

what a hero.... I guess I am looking at aprox 2 grams of psilocybin added to his existing condition... but yeah the man has done his homework...

https://youtu.be/

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

janette (17th July 2022), justntime2learn (12th September 2017), KiwiElf (12th September 2017), meeradas (12th September 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    Comedy is one of the highest arts. It circumvents mental blocks and shatters the psyche like nothing else. Comedians can hide many truths in their routines. I always saw Jerry Seinfeld as a high level Buddhist soul. He hides many Buddhist/spiritual concepts in his shows, whether he knows it or not. I guess he does know. His signature phrase "OK Im outta herre." teaches detachment and letting go. He doesn't engage past a certain point. Jerry is always 100% in the moment, focused on the task at hand, whatever that is. As Castaneda reminds us, detachment comes from concentration. A "show about nothing." That's a Buddhist concept. I always thouyght Seinfeld taught people the deep magic of daily life.

BTW, many Hollywood ppl read Avalon and other forums. They have their path, we have ours. Some of them, IMO, are extremely talented, uh "lightworkers" who incarnated into that particular path even though they knew they would have to sign spiritually dangerous contracts. Eyes Wide Shut (which Kubrok died to make) was heavily edited. I think The Believers is a more accurate portrayal of occult America.

Right now its the time of The Awakening, so everyone is hoping for a reset/forgiveness. It's slowly happening. That's why we're seeing lots of stars breaking free from their handlers and starting to talk. It's also, sadly, why there has been a spate of celeb murders recently. This is not an easy time. By signing up with the darks, they forfeited some of their protection. They knew this would happen and they did it anyway because they incarnated to dissolve the power structure. Some Hollywood celebs, despite what they may have done in various Eyes Wide Shut parties, are like elite troops. They incarnated behind enemy lines, so to speak. Tila Tequila was one of the first to break free. Nicky Minaj (partially) did so too. Just writing this so they know we are aware of them and that they are in our thoughts.

I think this will be a long haul but I am always hopeful for peace, however incremental.
    I haven't read this whole thread so someone else may have said this but Jerry Seinfeld is a long time practitioner of meditation. Interesting observations.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wizard Of Ozark For This Post:

Daozen (12th September 2017), Fellow Aspirant (12th September 2017), gaiagirl (14th September 2017), Innocent Warrior (12th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), Justplain (15th September 2017), raregem (12th September 2017), sunwings (12th September 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,268 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    Just watched the 2016 Golden Globe speech posted by BlueMoon. Again, I love the way he's dropping high level concepts like "terrible search" and the constant need of the ego for empty fulfillment in a seemingly off-hand wacky speech. That takes real skill. He makes it look ultra-casual but there's some real wisdom there, just artfully hidden. As these concepts are embeded subtly in the speech, and non-didactic, they can bypass mental firewalls and go deep into the soul. Im not too focused on comedy, but I hope I can reach that level one day. His message hit home much harder than a thousands dry Buddhist texts proclaiming the emptiness of desire.
    I think you are on spot here. The clown has learned the art of subliminal communication. "so that I can end this terrible search, for what I know ultimately wont fulfill me"

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Chester (13th September 2017), Daozen (12th September 2017), findingneo (12th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), justntime2learn (12th September 2017), Justplain (15th September 2017), raregem (12th September 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 476 posts

Thanks to those folk who posted in response to my posts. Yes, that was the illuminutti speech where I did not remember the content, but just the truth telling behind the gags. And the desperation of getting it across to folk who did not hear his words but could only see the joke. I was gobsmacked with how the audience and host could not see it. He was spelling it out.

And yes, thanks for the other videos where Jim is becoming more and more himself. And the comments where he still has to use comedy. I think, yes, he is a Jester, telling the truth behind the jokes, but I very much can see that comes from him, rather than him being used to get that message across. I think he very much knows who he is, knows the fallacy, emptiness and pointlessness of materialism, wrapped up in superficial glitz and illusion of fulfillment through empty seeking of status. He is as sharp as a new razor. He is being direct and using his position to get the message across. He still has to use comedy because that is why he is on stage and why folk listen, but he is easing off the comedy and shedding the superficiality little by little. If he were to say what he does without humor, which, going by what he says, he would prefer to do, to shed all superficiality, he would not be standing there, and to not stand there would mean it would be an end to him getting the message across. The stage does not matter to him, but the message does. He is completely on the ball. I am sure of it. The sanest and bravest. We need more people in the world like him. Thanks Jim.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to findingneo For This Post:

Ben (12th September 2017), Daozen (12th September 2017), Denise/Dizi (12th July 2021), Fellow Aspirant (12th September 2017), gaiagirl (14th September 2017), Holly Lindin (29th September 2017), Innocent Warrior (12th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), justntime2learn (12th September 2017), Justplain (15th September 2017), Valerie Villars (1st April 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,881 times in 2,121 posts

Quote Posted by findingneo (here)
    Thanks to those folk who posted in response to my posts. Yes, that was the illuminutti speech where I did not remember the content, but just the truth telling behind the gags. And the desperation of getting it across to folk who did not hear his words but could only see the joke. I was gobsmacked with how the audience and host could not see it. He was spelling it out.

And yes, thanks for the other videos where Jim is becoming more and more himself. And the comments where he still has to use comedy. I think, yes, he is a Jester, telling the truth behind the jokes, but I very much can see that comes from him, rather than him being used to get that message across. I think he very much knows who he is, knows the fallacy, emptiness and pointlessness of materialism, wrapped up in superficial glitz and illusion of fulfillment through empty seeking of status. He is as sharp as a new razor. He is being direct and using his position to get the message across. He still has to use comedy because that is why he is on stage and why folk listen, but he is easing off the comedy and shedding the superficiality little by little. If he were to say what he does without humor, which, going by what he says, he would prefer to do, to shed all superficiality, he would not be standing there, and to not stand there would mean it would be an end to him getting the message across. The stage does not matter to him, but the message does. He is completely on the ball. I am sure of it. The sanest and bravest. We need more people in the world like him. Thanks Jim.
    Excellent summary to the post!

I think you're spot on!
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (12th July 2021), findingneo (12th September 2017), Franny (13th September 2017), gaiagirl (14th September 2017), Innocent Warrior (12th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), KiwiElf (13th September 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Jim Carrey is enlightened--if you cross check what is said by Tim a member, about enlightenment you will see where Jim is coming from.
    Carrey spent a lot of time with Eckhart Tolle who many on the forum will have heard of.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post456904

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bubu (12th September 2017), Chester (13th September 2017), Denise/Dizi (12th July 2021), findingneo (12th September 2017), gaiagirl (14th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), justntime2learn (12th September 2017), sunwings (12th September 2017), Wind (12th September 2017)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 times in 297 posts

I am removing a rumor I heard. Even though someone is a public person gossip is still gossip.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marikins For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (12th July 2021), janette (17th July 2022)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks

What he is saying here is virtually the same as mystics say---"I am not the doer---of myself I do nothing"

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/jim-carr...103130238.html

Jim Carrey spent time with Eckhart Tolle.

Part of what he said on the link

I’m not a part of it anymore. Dressing happens, doing hair happens, interviewing happens, but it happens without me, without the idea of a ‘me.’ You know what I’m saying? It’s a weird little semantic jump, and it’s not that far, but it’s a universe apart from where most people are.
    “I’m not the continuum. There’s no me. It’s just what’s happening. It’s not personal.
    “Things are happening, and they’re going to happen whether I attach myself as an ego to it or not. There’s grooves that are cut pretty deep from my entire life. There’s still an energy that wants to be admired and wants to be clever, and there’s still an energy that wants to free people from concern, and now it goes further.
    “I want to relate what this is to people so they can also glimpse the abyss! It sounds scary, but it’s not. Everything still happens.”

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

avid (12th September 2017), Ben (12th September 2017), Bubu (12th September 2017), Chester (13th September 2017), Denise/Dizi (12th July 2021), Foxie Loxie (12th September 2017), gaiagirl (14th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), justntime2learn (12th September 2017), starlight (14th September 2017), uzn (12th September 2017), WhiteFeather (13th September 2017), Wind (12th September 2017)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,528 times in 642 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Jim Carrey is enlightened--if you cross check what is said by Tim a member, about enlightenment you will see where Jim is coming from.
    Carrey spent a lot of time with Eckhart Tolle who many on the forum will have heard of.

Chris
    Enlightened? Jim Carrey? Let's slow down a little, eh. Sounds like he caught some glimpses of this stuff we all talk about. Yes, it's good he's putting non-dual ideas out into the mass media, sure. I'm not saying he hasn't had some realization but let's take it easy with this. Many of us have had such insights. Doesn't mean we're "enlightened". Remember Lao Tzu - 'Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.'

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

Akasha (14th September 2017), Bubu (13th September 2017), greybeard (13th September 2017), Innocent Warrior (13th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), Justplain (15th September 2017), KiwiElf (13th September 2017)

23. Link to Post #32
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

Completely agree with the previous post.

BTW we DO matter. We may be a drop in the ocean but when you're that drop it means a whole lot. Saying this doesn't matter is lazy. Humanity is being exploited and souls are being trapped into lives full of suffering and that is cosmically abhorrent.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Bubu (13th September 2017), greybeard (13th September 2017), guyres (14th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), justntime2learn (13th September 2017), KiwiElf (13th September 2017), Michi (13th September 2017), Wind (13th September 2017)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,404 times in 32,917 posts

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Chester (13th September 2017), Denise/Dizi (12th July 2021), gaiagirl (14th September 2017), greybeard (13th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), justntime2learn (13th September 2017), Kate (13th September 2017), KiwiElf (13th September 2017), Nasu (13th September 2017), sunwings (13th September 2017), Wind (13th September 2017)

27. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Chris
    And

What he is saying here is virtually the same as mystics say---"I am not the doer---of myself I do nothing"

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/jim-carr...103130238.html

Jim Carrey spent time with Eckhart Tolle.

Part of what he said on the link

I’m not a part of it anymore. Dressing happens, doing hair happens, interviewing happens, but it happens without me, without the idea of a ‘me.’ You know what I’m saying? It’s a weird little semantic jump, and it’s not that far, but it’s a universe apart from where most people are.
    “I’m not the continuum. There’s no me. It’s just what’s happening. It’s not personal.
    “Things are happening, and they’re going to happen whether I attach myself as an ego to it or not. There’s grooves that are cut pretty deep from my entire life. There’s still an energy that wants to be admired and wants to be clever, and there’s still an energy that wants to free people from concern, and now it goes further.
    “I want to relate what this is to people so they can also glimpse the abyss! It sounds scary, but it’s not. Everything still happens.”
    And Post #2 of this thread

Quote Posted by Sammy (here)
    Jim Carrey is a mystic.
    So if someone here really wanted to understand what Jim Carrey was pointing to, in these videos, and is pointing to in what he is saying today… study mysticism...

which, can lead to enlightenment (as is meant in the context the word has been used in Greybeard’s threads and tim’s threads).

Good to see you post, Chris… I miss you a lot… just not the same around here without you, Sam.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

gaiagirl (14th September 2017), greybeard (13th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), Justplain (15th September 2017)

29. Link to Post #35
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

Jim Carrey has also stated what I argued against, which is ignoring half the paradox of duality, but don't mind me, I'm just spiritually ignorant...
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

7alon (13th September 2017), Chester (13th September 2017), greybeard (13th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), justntime2learn (13th September 2017), Nasu (13th September 2017), Tintin (13th September 2017), Wind (13th September 2017)

31. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rachel (here)
    Jim Carrey has also stated what I argued against, which is ignoring half the paradox of duality, but don't mind me, I'm just spiritually ignorant...
    Actually... and you should know this from dozens of my posts - I am of the school of "Tim Freke" that honors both, a.) the timeless formless eternal one life and, b.) one's current single lifetime / one's story of that life.

I also have extended Tim Freke's idea further where I celebrate the possibility of an individuated aspect of that me, that continues beyond the end of Sam's story and thus perhaps may, if exists, have existed prior to Sam's story of this one life.

Tim calls his "thing" - paralogical perception and thus I dubbed mine, Trilogical perception.

Here's Tim Freke (not to be confused with PA's tim) explaining this philosophy.

IMO one does not have to look at it dualistically (as in one or the other) and as Freke suggests, one can see "both/and" as opposed to "either/or" so along those same lines I view my trilogical approach.

explored here

and expanded upon here

Note the second thread references Miguel Connor (a modern day Gnostic) who just so happened to interview Tim Freke a while back where in this interview is an exploration of the same thing my "Level Two" points to... so one could reasonably conclude Tim Freke sees the "trilogical" concept as well.

Last edited by Chester; 13th September 2017 at 02:28.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

greybeard (13th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022)

33. Link to Post #37
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)

Chris
    Enlightened? Jim Carrey? Let's slow down a little, eh. Sounds like he caught some glimpses of this stuff we all talk about. Yes, it's good he's putting non-dual ideas out into the mass media, sure. I'm not saying he hasn't had some realization but let's take it easy with this. Many of us have had such insights. Doesn't mean we're "enlightened". Remember Lao Tzu - 'Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.'
    Fortunately I do not claim to be enlightened... I am stark raving enlightened... sorta like Jim Carrey.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

7alon (13th September 2017), findingneo (14th September 2017), greybeard (13th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), Jayke (13th September 2017), justntime2learn (14th September 2017), KiwiElf (13th September 2017)

35. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks

after enlightenment everything carries on the same as before, the difference being there is no claim to be the doer.
    Hence the well known Chopping wood, fetching water ---statement---which is more or less what Jim Carrey has said---nothing to be feared.

"Event happen
    deeds are done
    there is no doer there of."

Jim Carrey did not claim enlightenment, I said he was --the signs are there. by their fruits you will know them.
    I accept I may have been a little quick too state he is enlightened. May be so.

No enlightened person ever said that the non enlightened do not matter--just that they are unaware of their true nature.
    From their perspective everyone is enlightened just not aware.

Ch
    Last edited by greybeard; 13th September 2017 at 08:30.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Chester (13th September 2017), Ivanhoe (15th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), justntime2learn (14th September 2017), sandy (13th September 2017), Wind (13th September 2017)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Enlightenment IMO is a bit of a fairy tale, the only measurement we have IMO is happiness, if s/he is truly happy (not just pretending) then they can claim to be enlightened.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Chester (13th September 2017), greybeard (13th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), justntime2learn (14th September 2017)

39. Link to Post #40
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,809 times in 2,892 posts

Perhaps Jim was always enlightened , but found this opportunity to finally speak out, maybe this explains his form of outrageous comedy.
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

Chester (13th September 2017), fourty-two (13th September 2017), greybeard (13th September 2017), janette (17th July 2022), justntime2learn (14th September 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast