Thread: Global Shortages of Everything

1. Link to Post #121
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,478 times in 2,544 posts

Default Re: Global Shortages of Everything

(This video was posted by AFT Dispatch Youtube Channel - Truck Dispatch Services and Lease on Owner Operators. Scary!)

May 14, 2022 • There's a diesel shortage coming in 2022 yet most people have no idea how big the diesel price hike will be or how it'll affect us all, trucker or not. The coming diesel shortage will be felt throughout the entire country. Most people have no idea that the East Coast has about 3 days of diesel left and is experiencing historically low diesel volume.
    Last edited by Sue (Ayt); 16th May 2022 at 04:09.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th May 2022), Brigantia (16th May 2022), Ewan (16th May 2022), Franny (16th May 2022), gini (17th May 2022), gord (16th May 2022), Harmony (16th May 2022), Inversion (16th May 2022), justntime2learn (16th May 2022), lisalu (16th May 2022), Matthew (16th May 2022), onawah (17th May 2022), Sadieblue (16th May 2022)

3. Link to Post #122
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,560 times in 32,726 posts

I'm posting this new video here for the moment, but it may well need a thread of its own as the scope and breadth of what is discussed transcends [almost] any one single Avalon thread topic.

The conversation is between David DuByne (Adapt 2030), and Jeff Nyquist, who to his great credit is refreshingly intellectually honest and confesses he's having trouble understanding everything that's happening in the world right now.

(I wish more alt media analysts would confess the same. Many people focus on just one part of the VERY big picture, which I increasingly suspect is far bigger than most of us may imagine, and pride themselves that they have some understanding of that one partial thing.)

The video is about Russia and Ukraine, but also the US, China, and the global shortages of everything (hence posting it on this thread). But it also extends into extremely interesting speculation that the Chinese have been planning for the current global food shortages for several years now, and that this may also be connected with an imminent major solar or geophysical event that the Chinese are fully aware of.

That dovetails into Ben Davidson's Suspicious 0bservers reports, which David Dubyne references and which onawah has been faithfully sharing on the Geomagnetic Reversals and Ice Ages thread, and also Chris Martenson's important last video, posted above, about the imminent global energy crunch and how that problem drives just about everything else.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (17th May 2022), Ben (18th May 2022), Brigantia (17th May 2022), Ewan (19th May 2022), gini (17th May 2022), gord (30th May 2022), Harmony (18th May 2022), justntime2learn (18th May 2022), leavesoftrees (18th May 2022), Matthew (30th May 2022), onawah (17th May 2022), Sadieblue (17th May 2022), Sue (Ayt) (18th May 2022), Yoda (18th May 2022)

5. Link to Post #123
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

Thanks for the reference, Bill.
    Being an INFJ (as many Avalonians are) I tend to skip steps.
    Though I may not fully understand a lot (such as mathematical and/or scientific data), with well developed intuition and an affinity for connecting the dots, it's not that difficult to figure out what the future likely holds.

Re: " the imminent global energy crunch and how that problem drives just about everything else."
    It's certainly a problem that is driving everything else that is of immediate concern, but in the long term (the next 2 decades of so) the problems are enormously more serious.
    Those being the magnetic pole reversal which creates global cataclysms such as occurred 12,000 years ago, ending with a nova-like killshot from the Sun which is best survived by sheltering underground.

Hopefully the promised sequel to Ben Davidson's appearance on Mike Adams' show will bring the data he and other "suspicious observers" have been collating more fully to the attention of other, less scientifically oriented researchers.

The work has been done, it's mostly a matter now of disseminating the knowledge and sharing it in a format that the layperson will be able to understand.
    Davidson has done quite a good job doing that here, imho in:
    the playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...xEEiirgfXwhfsw
    The abbreviated version:
    and 2 other documentaries

It takes some time and focus to take it all in, but as Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra said (he who knew all about tilting at windmills) "Forewarned, forearmed; to be prepared is half the victory.”

At least, psychologically prepared, if nothing else...

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I'm posting this new video here for the moment, but it may well need a thread of its own as the scope and breadth of what is discussed transcends [almost] any one single Avalon thread topic.

The conversation is between David DuByne (Adapt 2030), and Jeff Nyquist, who to his great credit is refreshingly intellectually honest and confesses he's having trouble understanding everything that's happening in the world right now.

(I wish more alt media analysts would confess the same. Many people focus on just one part of the VERY big picture, which I increasingly suspect is far bigger than most of us may imagine, and pride themselves that they have some understanding of that one partial thing.)

The video is about Russia and Ukraine, but also the US, China, and the global shortages of everything (hence posting it on this thread). But it also extends into extremely interesting speculation that the Chinese have been planning for the current global food shortages for several years now, and that this may also be connected with an imminent major solar or geophysical event that the Chinese are fully aware of.

That dovetails into Ben Davidson's Suspicious 0bservers reports, which David Dubyne references and which onawah has been faithfully sharing on the Geomagnetic Reversals and Ice Ages thread, and also Chris Martenson's important last video, about the imminent global energy crunch and how that problem drives just about everything else.
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th May 2022), East Sun (30th May 2022), Ewan (19th May 2022), gini (17th May 2022), Harmony (18th May 2022), justntime2learn (18th May 2022), Matthew (30th May 2022), Sue (Ayt) (18th May 2022), Yoda (18th May 2022)

7. Link to Post #124
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,102 times in 4,060 posts

I've just got off a call to a work colleague in New Zealand. He asked me "have you got issues with supply shortages?". He told me they're having issues, I said we only have rumours at the moment but we are expecting shortages. He said in New Zealand "Things are running out everywhere".

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

avid (30th May 2022), Bill Ryan (30th May 2022), Docim369 (2nd June 2022), Ewan (30th May 2022), Harmony (30th May 2022), I am B (30th May 2022), Peace in Oz (30th May 2022), Sue (Ayt) (30th May 2022), Sunny (30th May 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (1st June 2022), wondering (30th May 2022)

9. Link to Post #125
    Language
    English
    Thanks

More fear from the mainstream. I refuse to be frightened, despite being frightened; it's the principle.
    Six million Brits could face power cuts this winter with Government planning electricity rationing
    The Government cannot be "absolutely certain" there will be no power outages this winter, Eamon Ryan has warned. Issue date: Wednesday September 29, 2021. (edit update: I think this is the issue date of the photo in the article... the article was published 30 May 2022)

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/six-milli...tioning/305725

Ministers have reportedly been warned of potential power cuts to as many as six million households this winter, with the Government drawing up plans for rationed electricity if supply issues deteriorate.

According to The Times, Government modelling of a “reasonable” worst-case scenario predicts major gas shortages in winter if Russia cuts off more supplies to the EU.

The paper writes limits could be imposed on industrial use of gas, including on gas-fired power stations, causing electricity shortages.

As a result, six million homes could see their electricity rationed, primarily during morning and evening peaks, in curbs that may last more than a month.

edit update: the GB News article has been criticised for being inaccurate and has been corrected in a post below in this thread (see this post)
    Last edited by Matthew; 30th May 2022 at 14:29.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

avid (30th May 2022), Bill Ryan (30th May 2022), Brigantia (30th May 2022), Ewan (31st May 2022), Harmony (30th May 2022), Peace in Oz (30th May 2022), Sunny (30th May 2022), wondering (30th May 2022)

11. Link to Post #126
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,789 times in 1,323 posts

Quote Posted by Matthew (here)
    More fear from the mainstream. I refuse to be frightened, despite being frightened; it's the principle.
    [INDENT]Six million Brits could face power cuts this winter with Government planning electricity rationing
    The Government cannot be "absolutely certain" there will be no power outages this winter, Eamon Ryan has warned. Issue date: Wednesday September 29, 2021.
    Wilko for candles and tealights, 100 pack - best price anywhere. I also bought a small tripod stand for cooking last year just in case; light about 3 tealights under it and put a pan on top of the stand, it'll cook or boil anything.

I also have plenty of batteries for torches.

I need to get heating oil asap for the winter, the price has doubled from last year's price but it should be cheaper in the summer when not many people are ordering. Also I plan to get engine oil for the car soon.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th May 2022), Ewan (31st May 2022), Harmony (30th May 2022), Matthew (30th May 2022), modini (30th May 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (1st June 2022)

13. Link to Post #127
    Ireland Avalon Member aoibhghaire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,430 times in 855 posts

This needs correction.

BRITAIN'S NEWS CHANNEL has incorrectly published this news using Eamon Ryan MP as a Minister.

Firstly, Eamon Ryan is not an MP or Minister in the British Parliament.

Eamon Ryan-is a Minister in the Irish government and his speech from 29 Sep 2021 quoted in the BRITAIN'S NEWS CHANNEL is not a speech to the British parliament but to the members of the Irish government. However, when you listen to his speech to the Irish government it is completely different.

The BRITAIN'S NEWS CHANNEL has misrepresented this news. The channel needs to be educated as to what country government is making these speeches. Remember Ireland is a sovereign state. Its policies for energy are quite different to the British policies.

Background on Eamon Ryan

Eamon Ryan is an Irish Green Party politician who has served as Minister for the Environment, Climate and Communications and Minister for Transport since June 2020 and Leader of the Green Party since May 2011 in the government of Ireland.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aoibhghaire For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th May 2022), Brigantia (30th May 2022), Ewan (31st May 2022), Harmony (31st May 2022), Matthew (30th May 2022)

15. Link to Post #128
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by aoibhghaire (here)
    This needs correction.

BRITAIN'S NEWS CHANNEL has incorrectly published this news using Eamon Ryan MP as a Minister.

Firstly, Eamon Ryan is not an MP or Minister in the British Parliament.

Eamon Ryan-is a Minister in the Irish government and his speech from 29 Sep 2021 quoted in the BRITAIN'S NEWS CHANNEL is not a speech to the British parliament but to the members of the Irish government. However, when you listen to his speech to the Irish government it is completely different.

The BRITAIN'S NEWS CHANNEL has misrepresented this news. The channel needs to be educated as to what country government is making these speeches. Remember Ireland is a sovereign state. Its policies for energy are quite different to the British policies.

Background on Eamon Ryan

Eamon Ryan is an Irish Green Party politician who has served as Minister for the Environment, Climate and Communications and Minister for Transport since June 2020 and Leader of the Green Party since May 2011 in the government of Ireland.
    Thanks for the correction!

I have a feeling GB News aren't the only ones who have chronically dropped their standard of quality. I assume they will get away with whatever low quality they can get away with. Feels like a symptom of some kind of systemic decay. Thanks again!!

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

aoibhghaire (30th May 2022), avid (30th May 2022), Bill Ryan (30th May 2022), Brigantia (30th May 2022), Ewan (31st May 2022), Harmony (31st May 2022), Inversion (30th May 2022), Johnnycomelately (31st May 2022)

17. Link to Post #129
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

That dovetails into Ben Davidson's Suspicious 0bservers reports, which David Dubyne references and which onawah has been faithfully sharing on the Geomagnetic Reversals and Ice Ages thread, and also Chris Martenson's important last video, posted above, about the imminent global energy crunch and how that problem drives just about everything else.

If you haven't seen this video that Bill posted, I strongly recommend you do. Ben Davidson from suspicious observers was mentioned favorably for have gotten this information out long ago and up until now.

The only time I remember Ben ever taking a day off was his daughter's birthday last month. Now, he announces his app and website will be casualties of 2022 and not nefariously. Listen to his reason towards the end of the video.

The video is about 4 minutes long:

“To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st May 2022), Brigantia (1st June 2022), Harmony (1st June 2022), Johnnycomelately (31st May 2022)

19. Link to Post #130
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

…interesting, inventories are massively building in the USA, so much that it will “cripple” US businesses.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st May 2022), Brigantia (1st June 2022), gini (1st June 2022), Harmony (1st June 2022)

21. Link to Post #131
    Thanks

Chris Martenson asks whether Europe is committing economic suicide. Unfortunately, the answer is YES.

Quite a bit of the central part of the video is explaining how oil refining works. (And it's interesting and important.)

The simplest summary is that there are different kinds of oil, which the refineries worldwide in each country have taken 100 years to organize themselves for. When that all changes, you can't just replace (e.g.) a barrel of Russian oil with a barrel of Algerian or Venezuelan oil. It's far more complicated than that. And no politicians anywhere seem to realize this.

A lovely analogy which Martenson uses: animal feed in a zoo. If you run out of food for the lions and tigers, you can't replace it with food intended for the zebras and elephants. Animal food isn't just 'food'. It's very specialized, and you can't always easily substitute one thing for another. The entire system will break.

For those not interested in the technicalities, go straight to 43:12 for the predictive conclusions. Summarized again, those are that there are sure to be major disruptions and shortages in food and energy supply for everyone in Europe — coming in a few months' time. With that, the European economy will be severely impacted, along with its entire industrial base.

And the knock-on effect on constrained global energy supplies will affect everyone in every country.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 1st June 2022 at 05:51.

22. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

aoibhghaire (1st June 2022), avid (1st June 2022), Billy Vasiliadis (1st June 2022), Brigantia (1st June 2022), Ewan (2nd June 2022), gini (1st June 2022), Harmony (1st June 2022), I am B (4th June 2022), justntime2learn (4th June 2022), leavesoftrees (2nd June 2022), Matthew (1st June 2022), meat suit (1st June 2022), Peace in Oz (1st June 2022), Sunny (1st June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (1st June 2022), Violet3 (2nd June 2022), Yoda (1st June 2022)

23. Link to Post #132
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,099 times in 889 posts

GONZALO LIRA - A REVOLUTION IS COMING IN THE WEST---28/5/22--5.38 min--https://www.bitchute.com/video
    Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video//0G6452UGJTVi/

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

aoibhghaire (1st June 2022), Bill Ryan (1st June 2022), Ewan (2nd June 2022), Harmony (1st June 2022), I am B (4th June 2022), Peace in Oz (1st June 2022), Sue (Ayt) (1st June 2022), Vicus (1st June 2022), Violet3 (2nd June 2022)

25. Link to Post #133
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 times in 225 posts

Chris Martenson asks whether Europe is committing economic suicide. Unfortunately, the answer is YES.

Quite a bit of the central part of the video is explaining how oil refining works. (And it's interesting and important.)

The simplest summary is that there are different kinds of oil, which the refineries worldwide in each country have taken 100 years to organize themselves for. When that all changes, you can't just replace (e.g.) a barrel of Russian oil with a barrel of Algerian or Venezuelan oil. It's far more complicated than that. And no politicians anywhere seem to realize this.

A lovely analogy which Martenson uses: animal feed in a zoo. If you run out of food for the lions and tigers, you can't replace it with food intended for the zebras and elephants. Animal food isn't just 'food'. It's very specialized, and you can't always easily substitute one thing for another. The entire system will break.

For those not interested in the technicalities, go straight to 43:12 for the predictive conclusions. Summarized again, those are that there are sure to be major disruptions and shortages in food and energy supply for everyone in Europe — coming in a few months' time. With that, the European economy will be severely impacted, along with its entire industrial base.

And the knock-on effect on constrained global energy supplies will affect everyone in every country.

Chris Martensen made this video, just before the crash of 2008.
    Really good explanation of the stew we are in now.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yoda For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st June 2022), Ewan (2nd June 2022), gini (2nd June 2022), Harmony (2nd June 2022), Violet3 (2nd June 2022)

27. Link to Post #134
    Thanks

Michael Moore tried to explain the true cost of the "Green New Deal".

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yoda For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st June 2022), Ewan (2nd June 2022), Harmony (2nd June 2022), Violet3 (2nd June 2022)

29. Link to Post #135
    United States Avalon Member Casey Claar's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,752 times in 702 posts

I started being impacted here in California in 2020, as my diet is highly specialized and all organic, many of the items in my daily diet became harder, and some impossible to find in my area. Organic foods are still highly impacted and I imagine may remain so. The other thing I notice is the amount of foods on store shelves with expiration dates ( not 2-4 years in the future, as is normal ) but with just months, weeks, days and even sooo many items with past expiration dates listed. So tiring, you have to check each and every item you pick up to buy. I don't know much about what is happening "out there", I am certainly no economist or person otherwise in the know, I just know what is right in front of my face and what is right in front of face tells me things are brewing.

So - just reporting. Southern California---out.
    "Love is what is left when you let go of everything you no longer need." —Raj

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st June 2022), Ewan (2nd June 2022), gini (2nd June 2022), Harmony (2nd June 2022), justntime2learn (4th June 2022), Matthew (1st June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (2nd June 2022), Violet3 (2nd June 2022)

31. Link to Post #136
    Thanks

Entropy = closed system = running out of energy

The Universe has constantly expanding resources, we just can’t envision this.

Nikola Tesla had a car running on universal energy, in 1932, as a proof of concept.

John Searl was imprisoned for running his home on universal energy.

NASA, as a proof of concept, launched a tethered satellite from the space shuttle. The captured energy was so beyond their expectation, that they had to severe the tether. The truncated tether could still be seen, radiating, from 100 miles away.

Thomas Bearden was responsible for over 30 DVD’s, demonstrating Energy from the Vacuum.

Since necessity is the mother of invention, the time has come for new vision. We are floating in a sea of energy.
    Last edited by Yoda; 1st June 2022 at 19:44.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Yoda For This Post:

Ewan (2nd June 2022), gini (4th June 2022), Harmony (2nd June 2022), Inversion (1st June 2022), justntime2learn (4th June 2022), Matthew (1st June 2022), Sunny (2nd June 2022), Violet3 (2nd June 2022)

33. Link to Post #137
    Thanks

Entropy = closed system = running out of energy

The Universe has constantly expanding resources, we just can’t envision this.

Nikola Tesla had a car running on universal energy, in 1932, as a proof of concept.

John Searl was imprisoned for running his home on universal energy.

NASA, as a proof of concept, launched a tethered satellite from the space shuttle. The captured energy was so beyond their expectation, that they had to severe the tether. The truncated tether could still be seen, radiating, from 100 miles away.

Thomas Bearden was responsible for over 30 DVD’s, demonstrating Energy from the Vacuum.

Since necessity is the mother of invention, the time has come for new vision. We are floating in a sea of energy.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Yoda For This Post:

Ewan (2nd June 2022), gini (4th June 2022), Harmony (2nd June 2022), justntime2learn (4th June 2022), kudzy (4th June 2022), Matthew (1st June 2022), Peace in Oz (2nd June 2022), Tracie (Bodhicee) (2nd June 2022)

35. Link to Post #138
    Thanks

In his weekly newsletter, Chris Martenson added this commentary:

~~~
    European leaders just did something I doubted they would do, which was to immediately ban most imports of Russian oil.

Because this is such a self-harming move, I had thought it was a distant possibility. But, here it is. It has happened.

First, this will be a lot more problematic than officials are letting on. Mainly because “oil” isn’t a thing like potable water is a thing. Oil is a catch-all term for a very wide and diverse set of ancient residues from bygone eras.

Some oil wells produce very light and sweet oil. Some produce heavy, sour oil chock full of sulfur and other impurities that have to be removed during refining. Some don’t produce oil at all but rather a heavy tar-like substance that has to undergo a lot of pre-treatment and subsequent refining steps before it can be consumed.

The relationship between large diversified markets and their need to specific quantities of various refinery outputs is one that has developed very carefully over the past 100 years. The grades and types of oil any given refinery can even process is rather narrow compared to the total oil universe, and many refineries were actually built for the specific output of a given oil field.

Somehow, European politicians are of the mind that they can simply stop buying Russian oil and can replace it elsewhere on the open market. Perhaps that’s possible, but my prediction is it won’t be easy. There will be disruptions.

Second, horrible, terrible, no-good monetary decisions within Europe have already ignited raging inflation. Any additional strains due to oil or gas shortfalls will pile-drive onto an already weakened European economic and monetary situation.

If you live in Europe, please do whatever you can to prepare for a hard landing. Plant a garden. Get a country spot. Insulate your home. Buy sweaters. It’s going to be a long year...

36. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

AlaBil (4th June 2022), Alan (4th June 2022), Alecs (4th June 2022), avid (4th June 2022), Bassplayer1 (4th June 2022), Brigantia (4th June 2022), Ewan (4th June 2022), Harmony (4th June 2022), I am B (4th June 2022), justntime2learn (4th June 2022), kudzy (4th June 2022), Sunny (4th June 2022), Yoda (4th June 2022)

37. Link to Post #139
    United States Avalon Member Casey Claar's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,752 times in 702 posts

Ouch.

I am very fortunate at the moment, and for the past year, I have not had to drive very much and only have to fill my tank roughly once ever 3 months. I suppose I will have to maintain a habit now of keeping the tank full. I just swung by the gas station yesterday and it was just under $50 to put HALF a tank of gas in my EcoSport.
    "Love is what is left when you let go of everything you no longer need." —Raj

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2022), Brigantia (4th June 2022), Ewan (4th June 2022), I am B (4th June 2022), justntime2learn (4th June 2022), wondering (6th June 2022)

39. Link to Post #140
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Casey Claar (here)

Ouch.
    In California a few days ago:

And in Europe, it's the same or more. American signs and pumps are now being reconfigured to feature 4 digits rather than 3. There's no indication where or when this will end: $10/gallon is inevitable, and it might climb much further than that.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (4th June 2022), Brigantia (4th June 2022), Casey Claar (4th June 2022), Ewan (4th June 2022), I am B (4th June 2022), justntime2learn (4th June 2022), kudzy (5th June 2022), wondering (6th June 2022), Yoda (4th June 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 7 10 LastLast