+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chris Hedges

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Default Chris Hedges

Here is a five months old interview with Chris Hedges. Those who want to be educated, rather than stuck in an echo chamber should watch.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th September 2020), Deux Corbeaux (28th September 2020), Forest Denizen (29th September 2020), Frank V (27th September 2020), Gracy (27th September 2020), Harmony (28th September 2020), haroldsails (28th September 2020), Ioneo (27th September 2020), justntime2learn (29th September 2020), Kryztian (27th September 2020), O Donna (28th September 2020), rgray222 (27th September 2020), seko (28th September 2020), toppy (28th September 2020), Wind (27th September 2020)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member section9's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Chris Hedges

One of the finest writers on the Left of our time.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to section9 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th September 2020), Frank V (27th September 2020), Franny (28th September 2020), Gracy (27th September 2020), Harmony (28th September 2020), justntime2learn (29th September 2020), rgray222 (27th September 2020), toppy (28th September 2020), Wind (27th September 2020)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by section9 (here)
    One of the finest writers on the Left of our time.
    Chris Hedges (amongst others), is a shining example of what's left of America's all but shattered traditional "Left". The U.S. democratic party makes sure they stay safely marginalized, shuttered away in a back bedroom like an embarrassing in-law.

In the mean time that particular party, along with fringe radical elements, are what is freely bandied about today as being examples of "America's Left Wing".

It really is quite something to behold.

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

He's a great speaker, a man of integrity who truly cares about truth and justice. If only there were more people like him.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th September 2020), Forest Denizen (29th September 2020), Frank V (28th September 2020), Gracy (27th September 2020), Harmony (28th September 2020), justntime2learn (29th September 2020), Kryztian (28th September 2020), rgray222 (27th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (28th September 2020), toppy (28th September 2020)

8. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    He's a great speaker, a man of integrity who truly cares about truth and justice. If only there were more people like him.
    Except when it comes to 9/11.
    Then he's simply a gatekeeper.
    Sorry he's not for me.

He says the U.S. govt. was simply asleep on 9/11 and Atta was the ringleader. LOL!!!!
    Last edited by DaveToo; 28th September 2020 at 05:34. Reason: Spelling mistake. OMG!

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Blacklight43 (28th September 2020), Deux Corbeaux (28th September 2020), Jayke (28th September 2020), NancyV (28th September 2020), T Smith (28th September 2020), TomKat (28th September 2020)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)
    Sorry he's not for me.

He says the U.S. govt. was simply asleep on 9/11 and Atta was the ringleader. LOL!!!!
    9/11 and 11/22/63 are two things that no mainstream or would-be mainstream journalist can touch if they want a career. Abby Martin (used to have Breaking the Set on RT, now has Empire Files on TeleSur) started out as a 9/11 Truther but had to disavow the truth after she became famous.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Blacklight43 (28th September 2020), Kryztian (29th September 2020)

12. Link to Post #7
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Here is a five months old interview with Chris Hedges. Those who want to be educated, rather than stuck in an echo chamber should watch.
    Autumn I watched this.  Good, albeit brief, coverage of what I predict many on Avalon know already and agree with.  Great takeaway was Hedges description of privilege i.e. someone who is disconnected and has never had experience with oppressed people.  When you do have relationships with oppressed people you care and get angry about their circumstances which motivates you to support them.

What am I missing with your education reference?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Jayke (28th September 2020), Kryztian (29th September 2020), T Smith (28th September 2020)

14. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Sorry he's not for me.

9/11 and 11/22/63 are two things that no mainstream or would-be mainstream journalist can touch if they want a career.
    Abby Martin (used to have Breaking the Set on RT, now has Empire Files on TeleSur) started out as a 9/11 Truther but had to disavow the truth after she became famous.
    Yes I realize this TomKat.
    I'd like to hear what you and others feel about this?

Couldn't some code word(s) be developed to signal an acknowledgment of 9/11 being a false flag?
    If these name players did not wish to go into detail and risk their careers, couldn't they
    simply mention the code word somewhere?

There was a 'name player' who just couldn't help himself and let a confession slip.
    Former CIA agent Robert Baer, the real-life inspiration for the character portrayed by George Clooney in “Syriana” was talking to citizen journalists after a speaking engagement in Los Angeles in 2008.

Baer made this remarkable assertion about 9/11 insider trading:

ROBERT BAER: I know the guy that went into his broker in San Diego and said “Cash me out, it’s going down tomorrow.”
    STEWART HOWE: That tells us something.
    ROBERT BAER: Well, his brother worked at the White House.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Kryztian (29th September 2020), T Smith (28th September 2020)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,676 posts

9/11 and 11/22/63 are two things that no mainstream or would-be mainstream journalist can touch if they want a career.[/B] Abby Martin (used to have Breaking the Set on RT, now has Empire Files on TeleSur) started out as a 9/11 Truther but had to disavow the truth after she became famous.

It's one thing "not to touch" a third-rail topic as a mainstream journalist. And if a mainstream journalist chooses to stay within the confines of the plantation in interest of her or his career I respect and understand that, but to propagate the official story and further expand on it with nonsense analysis is another thing all together. The reporter is little more than a shill pushing lies and propaganda and carrying water for an insidious mind-control agenda. It completely discredits any otherwise valid and valuable investigative reporting of said reporter.

Noam Chomsky is also guilty of this and goes so far to imply any 9-11 truth is conspiracy theory embraced by dip****s... I'm sorry. I can't believe Noam Chomsky really believes this--and if he does, I have no respect whatsoever of his unique understanding of how the world works.

As an aside, if a journalist cannot pursue the truth, and further goes out of her or his way to propagate propaganda and lies, how respectable are these journalists? They are little more than mouthpieces for their masters.
    Last edited by T Smith; 28th September 2020 at 18:49.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

ClearWater (28th September 2020), DaveToo (28th September 2020), Delight (28th September 2020), Deux Corbeaux (28th September 2020), Jayke (29th September 2020), NancyV (28th September 2020)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Quote Posted by T Smith (here)

9/11 and 11/22/63 are two things that no mainstream or would-be mainstream journalist can touch if they want a career.[/B] Abby Martin (used to have Breaking the Set on RT, now has Empire Files on TeleSur) started out as a 9/11 Truther but had to disavow the truth after she became famous.

It's one thing "not to touch" a third-rail topic as a mainstream journalist. And if a mainstream journalist chooses to stay within the confines of the plantation in interest of her or his career I respect and understand that, but to propagate the official story and further expand on it with nonsense analysis is another thing all together. The reporter is little more than a shill pushing lies and propaganda and carrying water for an insidious mind-controlling agenda. It completely discredits any otherwise valid and valuable investigative reporting of said reporter.

Noam Chomsky is also guilty of this and goes so far to imply any 9-11 truth is conspiracy theory embraced by dip****s... I'm sorry. I can't believe Noam Chomsky really believes this--and if he does, I have no respect whatsoever of his unique understanding of how the world works.

As an aside, if a journalist cannot pursue the truth, and further goes out of her or his way to propagate propaganda and lies, how respectable are these journalists? They are little more than mouthpieces for their masters.
    Well said. Moronic or dissembling, people who still express their sadness about "terrorists who took down the buildings with planes" will lose me as an audience for anything else they think.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

DaveToo (28th September 2020), Jayke (29th September 2020), T Smith (28th September 2020)

20. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Delight (here)

It's one thing "not to touch" a third-rail topic as a mainstream journalist. And if a mainstream journalist chooses to stay within the confines of the plantation in interest of her or his career I respect and understand that, but to propagate the official story and further expand on it with nonsense analysis is another thing all together. The reporter is little more than a shill pushing lies and propaganda and carrying water for an insidious mind-controlling agenda. It completely discredits any otherwise valid and valuable investigative reporting of said reporter.

Well said. Moronic or dissembling, people who still express their sadness about "terrorists who took down the buildings with planes" will lose me as an audience for anything else they think.
    We can add Assange and Snowden to the list.
    And even Indira Singh, for all her great work, was still referring
    to the hijackers as the terrorists before she went underground.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Delight (28th September 2020), T Smith (28th September 2020)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

If you want to be listened to at all you have to support the official story. Otherwise the discussion gets bogged down in what a sketchy person you are for believing such conspiracies. Assange and Snowden had other things they wanted to talk about. Or it could mean all these people, Hedges, Chomski, Assange and Snowden are controlled opposition, inside the deep state umbrella themselves and fear for their lives should they be seen as traitors by the powers that be.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

DaveToo (29th September 2020), Delight (28th September 2020)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

If you want to be listened to at all you have to support the official story. Otherwise the discussion gets bogged down in what a sketchy person you are for believing such conspiracies. Assange and Snowden had other things they wanted to talk about. Or it could mean all these people, Hedges, Chomski, Assange and Snowden are controlled opposition, inside the deep state umbrella themselves and fear for their lives should they be seen as traitors by the powers that be.
    It is very hard to downplay the courage of both Assange and Snowden, but if you are self-censoring in interests of containing your audience and are acutely aware the Powers That Be ultimately control the minds of your audience, and if your work reflects accordingly, you are, by definition, "controlled" opposition. This, unfortunately, is the world in which we live and has been ever since Mockingbird, so a journalist (or politician) must pick and choose what hill to die on when navigating the truth. Both Assange and Snowden chose their hill, so they are exempt from disdain as far as I can tell. Chomsky and Hedges? Maybe not so much.

In short, you decide to live another day by avoiding the third rail. I get it. What I'm specifically talking about are those journalists (and politicians) who not only avoid the rail but also supply more electricity to it via their "so-called journalism" and rhetoric.

If you want a very good example of a politician who was not controlled opposition but who skillfully negotiated the tracks without stepping on the rail, look no further than former Republican congressman and Presidential Candidate Ron Paul. When pressed on any controversial issue he found a way to speak the truth without shilling for the matrix. Of course we sheeple begin to pick up on these nuances so to your point this modus operandi is dangerous and ultimately career debilitating. In the case of Ron Paul the GOP Establishment denied its party's 2012 democratic choice for President the same as the DNC denied its party's 2016 choice for President when it installed Hillary over Bernie. This level of control over the minds of the people has paved the way for the populist rise of DJT, the man willing to do or say anything in the perceived interests of the people, regardless of the consequences. We, as society, have travelled so far down the track of deception and corruption people watching in real time were--and still are--ready for anyone courageous and willing to short-circuit the train wreak.

Love him or hate him, DJT is just such an example. Take anyone willing to bully their way into territory others fear to tread, and I'll show you a person both revered and despised. This is why DJT is both loved and hated and relentlessly attacked, regardless of what he says or does or who he offends and why.

As far as Hedges and Chomsky go, my feeling is history will ultimately overlook the timid and those who negotiate their careers by playing it safe.
    Last edited by T Smith; 29th September 2020 at 15:02.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

ClearWater (29th September 2020), DaveToo (29th September 2020), Deux Corbeaux (29th September 2020), Jayke (29th September 2020), NancyV (29th September 2020), Satori (29th September 2020), TomKat (29th September 2020)

26. Link to Post #14
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

I have a hard time seeing going along with the official 9/11 narrative, as a hanging offence. Ask Ron Paul about it for instance, and he'll say the U.S. was attacked because of blowback for our endless overseas wars of aggression. I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater and ignore everything else he has to say about the Federal Reserve and such, just because he doesn't see it the way I do.

Same with Hedges and Chomsky. Maybe some people just really can't wrap their minds around 9/11 the way we see it, I don't know why this seems to automatically disqualify them for being seen as serious journalists or thinkers. Hedges will get right into the thick of it on how dirty government really is, and Chomsky nails it in describing mass media's role in "Manufacturing Consent".

I mean really now, we're going to lump these guys in with the real spineless, know nothing shills, that are seen on mainstream and cable news beating the Mockingbird drum day in day out?

But then I see some of these very same cable news pundits held on high even here, so it seems a very fuzzy line indeed with who's a shill, and who is truth speaker.
    Last edited by Gracy; 29th September 2020 at 12:47.

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    I have a hard time seeing going along with the official 9/11 narrative, as a hanging offence. Ask Ron Paul about it for instance, and he'll say the U.S. was attacked because of blowback for our endless overseas wars of aggression. I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater and ignore everything else he has to say about the Federal Reserve and such, just because he doesn't see it the way I do.
    Yup. Ron Paul got brutally persecuted by the media after the rather milquetoast answer to 9/11 truth cited in the last post and eventually backed away and attributed the attacks to blowback from foreign wars, but as far as I know he never adamantly pushed the State's propaganda nor mocked anyone who questioned the official narrative or ever characterized the 9/11 truth movement as a whacky tin-foil hat conspiracy theory.

I read Manufacturing Consent in the early 90s shortly after it was published and it really was a groundbreaking and seminal work on exposing important elements of the Mockingbird agenda. I just wish those who have contributed in this way were a little more even-keeled when negotiating the verboten.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

ClearWater (29th September 2020), Gracy (29th September 2020), TomKat (29th September 2020), Wind (30th September 2020)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Same with Hedges and Chomsky. Maybe some people just really can't wrap their minds around 9/11 the way we see it, I don't know why this seems to automatically disqualify them for being seen as serious journalists or thinkers. Hedges will get right into the thick of it on how dirty government really is, and Chomsky nails it in describing mass media's role in "Manufacturing Consent".

I mean really now, we're going to lump these guys in with the real spineless, know nothing shills, that are seen on mainstream and cable news beating the Mockingbird drum day in day out?

But then I see some of these very same cable news pundits held on high even here, so it seems a very fuzzy line indeed with who's a shill, and who is truth speaker.
    All good points. But we mustn't overlook the obvious stupidity of the official 9/11 narrative, and the fact that nobody can honestly believe it in their private thoughts. We're looking at the difference between a public and a private person. A public person cannot afford honesty. There are other roles that can't afford honesty, such as sales, romance, etc.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

T Smith (3rd October 2020)

31. Link to Post #17
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have a hard time seeing going along with the official 9/11 narrative, as a hanging offence....

No they shouldn't be lumped together for obvious reasons.
    The thing is, when the people in question are like Hedges, Chomsky, Assange and Snowden, they can afford to be outspoken about anything they choose.

Their 'jobs' are not at stake. These 'name brands' are too big to fail.
    Ed Asner who is very well-known and popular in his field, is still alive and well as far as I know.

No I believe all of the others have sold their souls for a handsome price.

+ Reply to Thread