United States Avalon Member Sarah Rainsong's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 505 posts

Default Re: The Wuhan Coronavirus [Covid-19, the Honey Badger virus]

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    Quote Posted by rainsong (here)

DD's college professor said that several students who had recently come back from Italy tested positive and were asked to self-quarantine. But since they have no symptoms, they're not being reported. This is at UGA.
    I live north of Atlanta in Blue Ridge. It is a tourist town. Lots of people form other places but NO SIGNS of people worried enough to stock up on hand sanitizer yet (LOL). I am taking vitamin C and glad to hear this video of a way to approach it from the MD responsible for using Vitamin C in China.
    Not far from me then! I love the mountains Around here, the stores are pretty wiped out of hand sanitizers and sanitizing wipes. People are starting to stock up on other things, too. Grocery stores are busier and have more out-of-stock items than normal. I think part of it is the university. There's a lot people that travel to/from overseas that end up on campus, from faculty to students to visitors. And everyone knows it. They installed extra hand washing stations and sanitizers on campus this week, too. So it kinda brings it people's attention more.

Thanks for videos! I've been trying to keep up with Chris Martenson. He's been pretty spot on this whole time. And the vit C video was helpful. Apparently, I need to up our doses. *sigh* We're at only 2g daily for adults.
    The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air...
    Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sarah Rainsong For This Post:

Agape (6th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Frank V (6th March 2020), Hym (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), silvanelf (6th March 2020), Sunny (6th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020), wondering (6th March 2020)

3. Link to Post #1382
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,265 times in 2,136 posts

The Coronavirus greeting for the careful. Link

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Agape (6th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Frank V (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Reinhard (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), thepainterdoug (6th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020), wondering (6th March 2020)

5. Link to Post #1383
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,383 times in 5,727 posts

Del Bigtree talks about Covid19, issues with rushing vaccines and Vitamin C. He also is in the camp of thinking it has been blown out of proportion.

The thing I keep going back to in my mind is the major strain on the health care system. The number of cases who need hospitals and care could overwhelm the system and also cause a cascade for others who won't get care. Then there are the healthcare providers (median age or nurses is 50) who are being effected .

Comment from reddit
    "In the US we have Hydroxychoroquine but haven't had chloroquine phosphate available for ages. The FDA would have to re-approve it before it could be ordered by doctors / hospitals."

Quote 4 March 2020,
    International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents
    Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine as available weapons to fight COVID-19
    PhilippeColson
    Jean-MarcRolain
    Jean-ChristopheLagier
    PhilippeBrouqui
    DidierRaoulta

Regarding viruses, for reasons probably partly identical involving alkalinisation by chloroquine of the phagolysosome, several studies have shown the effectiveness of this molecule, including against coronaviruses among which is the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)-associated coronavirus [1,12,13] (Table 1). We previously emphasised interest in chloroquine for the treatment of viral infections in this journal [1], predicting its use in viral infections lacking drugs. Following the discovery in China of the in vitro activity of chloroquine against SARS-CoV-2, discovered during culture tests on Vero E6 cells with 50% and 90% effective concentrations (EC50 and EC90 values) of 1.13 μM and 6.90 μM, respectively (antiviral activity being observed when addition of this drug was carried out before or after viral infection of the cells) [3], we awaited with great interest the clinical data [14]. The subsequent in vivo data were communicated following the first results of clinical trials by Chinese teams [4] and also aroused great enthusiasm among us. They showed that chloroquine could reduce the length of hospital stay and improve the evolution of COVID-19 pneumonia [4,6], leading to recommend the administration of 500 mg of chloroquine twice a day in patients with mild, moderate and severe forms of COVID-19 pneumonia. At such a dosage, a therapeutic concentration of chloroquine might be reached. With our experience on 2000 dosages of hydroxychloroquine during the past 5 years in patients with long-term treatment (>1 year), we know that with a dosage of 600 mg/day we reach a concentration of 1 μg/mL [15]. The optimal dosage for SARS-CoV-2 is an issue that will need to be assessed in the coming days. For us, the activity of hydroxychloroquine on viruses is probably the same as that of chloroquine since the mechanism of action of these two molecules is identical, and we are used to prescribe for long periods hydroxychloroquine, which would be therefore our first choice in the treatment of SARS-CoV-2. For optimal treatment, it may be necessary to administer a loading dose followed by a maintenance dose.
    Last edited by Delight; 6th March 2020 at 03:19.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020), T Smith (7th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020), wondering (6th March 2020)

7. Link to Post #1384
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 times in 277 posts

... WHO said: " covid-19 established in many cities ".
    The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate.
    – Dr. Wayne Dyer

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Czarek For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Reinhard (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020), wondering (6th March 2020)

9. Link to Post #1385
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,383 times in 5,727 posts

Quote Posted by Czarek (here)
    ... WHO said: " covid-19 established in many cities ".

What does this lack of airport screening indicate? To me it indicates that "someone" actually wants a spread. I am mad as hell. On the one hand, I would prefer to agree that this is over hyped nothing. BUT

Remember pictures of people just falling down dead? Apparently the syndrome caused by the virus (which is seen in the brain stem) attacks some at a neurologic level. Those affected cannot breathe on their own.

New Study: Neuroinvasive Potential of SARS-2-CoV may be partially responsible for respiratory failure in COVID-19
    Last edited by Delight; 6th March 2020 at 04:53.

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Czarek (7th March 2020), Frank V (6th March 2020), Hym (6th March 2020), Inaiá (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (6th March 2020), onevoice (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Philippe (6th March 2020), Reinhard (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), silvanelf (6th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020), T Smith (7th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020), wondering (6th March 2020)

11. Link to Post #1386
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Now we are getting somewhere. As I said in my post early in this thread, there is very likely a solution. A pathogen can be combated in two ways: with antioxidants (Vit C for expl) or prooxidants. I reiterate my early suspicion/question - why has no agency, no government tried something? Why no officials from Chinese to Italians to Iranians and all the rest tried half a solution? Are they faking it or were they acting as if this was a curse from the gods and nothing could be done about it? Are these people so one dimensional that they can't see one yard in front of them or are they on it?

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tomkoyote For This Post:

Agape (6th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Delight (6th March 2020), Hym (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), silvanelf (6th March 2020), T Smith (7th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020), TrumanCash (6th March 2020), wondering (6th March 2020)

13. Link to Post #1387
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,370 times in 4,614 posts

Quote Posted by Tomkoyote (here)
    Now we are getting somewhere. As I said in my post early in this thread, there is very likely a solution. A pathogen can be combated in two ways: with antioxidants (Vit C for expl) or prooxidants. I reiterate my early suspicion/question - why has no agency, no government tried something? Why no officials from Chinese to Italians to Iranians and all the rest tried half a solution? Are they faking it or were they acting as if this was a curse from the gods and nothing could be done about it? Are these people so one dimensional that they can't see one yard in front of them or are they on it?

No the opposite is also true, they’ve “officially” tested about 13 different medical treatment approaches including traditional herbal combinations and high vitamin doses in the patients in Wuhan.
    Realise they had thousands of people suffering from reaction to the virus, taking them down so rapidly it was impossible to control at the very beginning.
    They do have long experience with similar conditions and medical treatises dating to remote past of ten thousand years ( close ) similarly to Indian Ayurvedic recipes,
    it all has been tried and tested in the past many times with greater or lesser success.

More than 80 clinical trials launched to test coronavirus treatments

They know of high dose vitamin shots too.

That’s where we get to the bottom line ok. I’ve seen( somehow it leaked to the global media now and then) the young teenagers in China preparing and passing through one of the main exams for university level education that is so hard( considering the sheer number of applicants across China) that only the best pass. It’s a huge filter and life deciding moment for most children from all classes of society: if they pass it means another years of hard study but chance for qualified education and life style.
    If they don’t pass they have to take any work the system requires I suppose.

The hype around these exams and hours it seemed to take to prepare was so high it seems that the kids sat in classroom with VITAMIN DRIPs in their arms 😷
    Not all of them of course as they’re costly everywhere.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.n...akamai-rum=off

The same thing was going on in around the Hollywood ( and many fast working professional circles) for many years now. Vitamin drips became rather popular and it’s a combination of , of course, not a single vitamin C that improves most people on instant and in long term.

Ask your local doctor and they won’t give it to you unless it would be approved by the medical panel as exception in cases of patients of tested “vitamin deficiency” or other specific immunodeficiency conditions, as “not approved” by insurance companies most people end up paying for their vitamins anyway.

But it’s known yes, for example vitamin B12 injections do work miracles in people with severe neuralgic impairment, paralysis, in recovery from brain traumas etc.
    They can improve people in seemingly “helpless” states.
    The whole complex of B vitamins has a huge impact and potential in neural and cell repairing mechanisms. But: those tiny amounts in tablets and capsules with micro dosage work somewhat differently as only tiny percentage of the dose is metabolised by the already depleted organism,
    incapable to activate it’s healthy metabolic speed. That’s where the controlled drip “overdose” comes handy.

BUT....

and back to what has already happened in Wuhan, in case of acute respiratory condition that is once you’ve already “broken down” with symptoms
    high vitamin dose may even exacerbate the condition virtually “drying out” your lungs too fast out of sudden while they’re full of dissolving biological residue: in result thou may suffocate.

In short, these excellent treatments work the best as preventatives and in people with very mild symptoms who are still “able to fight” and start rebuilding their immunity from that point.

For people closer to their death bed it stops working either. It can’t prolong anyone’s life indefinitely ( unless you’re some special entity who can feed on vitamins alone- I’d love to see yet that it’s possible )

Best wishes

🙏🌟🙏
    Last edited by Agape; 6th March 2020 at 07:10.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Frank V (6th March 2020), Hym (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (6th March 2020), mountain_jim (6th March 2020), Olam (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Reinhard (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020)

15. Link to Post #1388
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,449 times in 8,340 posts

There is no data yet, and I don't think there will be any for a long time, but I'm very curious to know how this virus is going to affect what Mary Rodwell calls "The New Human".

A couple weeks ago, I listened to 3 Mary Rodwell interviews in a row. Then I listened to several chunks of the alarmist Alex Jones Show, in a row. A crazy juxtaposition, but, it really gave me an impression they are 2 sides of the same thing.

I'm kinda gasping to know if 'New Humans' will join the list of dead, fallen to this Covid-19 virus.

Or not.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Agape (6th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Reinhard (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), sunwings (6th March 2020), T Smith (7th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020), wondering (6th March 2020)

17. Link to Post #1389
    France Avalon Member
    Language
    French
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,375 times in 354 posts

This post of Onawah should be bumped.

The explained line of research how virus die in an alkaline environment is so promising, but should be thoroughly tested.
    To overcome the pressure for more and mandatory vaccinations some practical solutions could be found to have whole populations increase the pH level of their bodies to a more alkaline situation by auto-medication.

Yesterday in France it was said in the TV news that the number of deaths because of the seasonal flew has dropped this year. Precise figures and time frame were not given and that is to be verified of course. They suggested in the newsreel that these figures could be because of the increased awareness and measures of people against contamination. This hygienic reflex at least is a good result of this crisis.

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Viruses are pH Sensitive
    Dr. Marc Sircus
    March 4, 2020
    https://drsircus.com/general/viruses-are-ph-sensitive/

(many hyperlinks in the article to other relevant articles which are not provided here)

"There are certain important subjects that doctors and world health officials do not want you to know about. The fact that most viruses and all physiological processes in the body are pH sensitive is one of them. Despite the fact that pH medicine offers us a key to treating viral infections that is easy, safe and inexpensive, they and even alternative health care providers just cannot wrap their heads around baking soda as one of the most important medicines we can use to fight the coronavirus.

Researchers at the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) in the US have uncovered the ‘Achilles’ heel’ of most viruses which plague mankind are on target, there are vulnerabilities that can be exploited but what they are looking at is not practical or helpful in our fight against viral infections. The so-called ‘Achilles heel’ (or vulnerable point) of most viruses can be exploited by pulling the pH rug out from under them.

The ability of influenza virus to release its genome under different acidic conditions is linked to the transmission of influenza virus. The threshold pH at which fusion is first observed can vary among different serotypes of membrane protein hemagglutinin (HA) and may correlate with virulence. The acid stability of HA has been linked to the successful transmission of virus between avian and human hosts.

Coronavirus infectivity is exquisitely sensitive to pH. For example, the MHV-A59 strain of coronavirus is quite stable at pH 6.0 (acidic) but becomes rapidly and irreversibly inactivated by brief treatment at pH 8.0 (alkaline). Human coronavirus strain 229E is maximally infective at pH 6.0. Infection of cells by murine coronavirus A59 at pH 6.0 (acidic) rather than pH 7.0 (neutral) yields a tenfold increase in the infectivity of the virus.

Data suggests that the coronavirus IBV employs a direct, low-pH-dependent virus-cell fusion activation reaction. “Fusion of the coronavirus IBV with host cells does not occur at neutral pH and that fusion activation is a low-pH-dependent process, with a half-maximal rate of fusion at pH 5.5. Little or no fusion occurred above a pH of 6.0.”

Raising pH (to an alkaline state) increases the immune system’s ability to kill bacteria, concludes The Royal Free Hospital and School of Medicine in London. The viruses and bacteria which cause bronchitis and colds thrive in an acidic environment. Keeping our pH in the slightly alkaline range of 6.8-7.2 can reduce the risk and lessen the severity of colds, sore throats and bouts of influenza.

When we thoroughly add alkalinity we invariably have mild attacks of viral infections and the same is true for bacterial and fungus infections. There is significant decrease in median number of colony forming bacteria and fungi in the lungs of pneumonia patients when sodium bicarbonate is used compared to saline.

Medical scientists have already concluded that a 8.4% solution of bicarbonate is safe inhibitory drug for respiratory bacterial, fungal, and mycobacterial growth. Slow infusions of NaHCO3 (bicarbonate) can also be used to treat non-anion gap metabolic acidosis and some forms of increased anion gap acidosis, a common enough problem in ICU patients with serious lung infections.

Viruses infect host cells by fusion with cellular membranes at low pH. Thus they are classified as “pH-dependent viruses.” Drugs that increase intracellular pH (alkalinity within the cell) have been shown to decrease infectivity of pH-dependent viruses. Since such drugs can provoke negative side effects, the obvious answer are natural techniques that can produce the same results. There is no pharmaceutical that can compete with sodium bicarbonate for changing the pH of the bodies fluids.

Fusion of viral and cellular membranes is pH dependent. “Fusion depends on the acidification of the endosomal compartment. Fusion at the endosome level is triggered by conformational changes in viral glycoproteins induced by the low pH of this cellular compartment.”[1] In membrane biology, fusion is the process by which two initially distinct lipid bilayers merge their hydrophobic cores, resulting in one interconnected structure. It has been suggested that the hepatitis C virus (HCV) infects host cells through a pH-dependent internalization mechanism. This HCVpp-mediated fusion was dependent on low pH, with a threshold of 6.3 and an optimum at about 5.5.[2] When pH drops to 6 or below, rapid fusion between the membranes of viruses and the liposomes occurs.

Takeda Pharmaceutical is joining Gilead Sciences and AbbVie as the latest drugmaker to work on developing a coronavirus vaccine. The experimental drug would be derived from the blood of coronavirus patients who have recovered from the respiratory disease. “While we don’t know for sure that it will work, we think it’s definitely a relevant asset that could be of help here,” said Dr. Rajeev Venkayya, president of Takeda’s vaccines business. pH medicine will definitively work because viruses are pH dependent and sodium bicarbonate is available everywhere and costs almost next to nothing. In hospitals bicarbonate is easily administered intravenously.

Inhibition of vesicular stomatitis virus (VSV) replication in LB cells by interferon (IFN) is pH sensitive. Using sensitive intracellular pH (pHi) indicators, researchers found that IFN treatment significantly raised the pHi. The increase in pHi correlated with an enhancement of the antiviral activity of IFN by primary amines. These results indicated that the IFN-induced increase in pHi may be responsible for the accumulation of G in the TGN, thereby producing G-deficient virus particles with reduced infectivity.[3]

Solar light is another important factor producing viral
    inactivation, through the action of UV radiation. Viruses
    survive better in the dark than when exposed to sunlight.

The foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV) capsid is highly acid labile and tends to dissociate into pentameric subunits at acidic condition to release viral RNA for initiating virus replication.

Understanding Cell Voltage, pH and Oxygen Levels

Wherever the body has low voltage, the cells begin to have problems that get more serious the lower the voltage (pH) goes. The lower the voltage goes, the lower the pH goes, and the lower oxygen levels go, and that means CO2 levels are going south as well. Chronic disease is associated with loss of voltage, lower pH values (acid conditions), as well as low O2 and CO2 levels. This means that alkaline tissues have more oxygen in them.

Wherever the body becomes acidic, voltage drops as does tissue oxygen levels. What is pH after all? It is ultimately a measure of redox potential. Redox potential is a measure of whether electrons are available in surplus (and thus are “electron donors”) or whether electrons are deficient (and thus are “electron stealers”). Electrons are necessary for life and are needed for health and in high quantities for healing and the growth of new cells.

Dr. David Brownstein wrote, “The human body is constantly removing old and injured cells and replacing them with healthy new cells. This process can only occur if the voltage of the cells is maintained at an optimal level. This process works more effectively when we are young as compared to when we are older. In the body (or in a solution), voltage is a direct reflection of pH, which is a measure of the degree of acidity or alkalinity of a solution, measured on a scale of 1 to 14. The human body’s pH level is a direct reflection of its voltage. A low pH reading (highly acidic) indicates a low voltage state. Conversely, a high pH reading (highly alkaline) means a high voltage state.”

The amount of oxygen in cells is determined by voltage. If a cell has adequate voltage, it will also have adequate oxygen. If cellular voltage is low, the amount of oxygen in the tissues will be low. This applies to metabolism as well. When voltage and oxygen are low, metabolism becomes anaerobic, which means that oxygen is unavailable.

What’s Happening

Jan 24: Treatment Recommendations For New Virus That Is Shutting Down Entire Cities
    Jan 27: Coronavirus Epidemic – Should We Panic Yet?
    Jan 28: Coronavirus Killing Even Healthy People?
    Jan 29: The Joke of Medical Quarantines
    Jan 30: Navigating Viral Storms and Avoiding Death
    Jan 31: Dosages and Treatments for Coronavirus Infections
    Feb 3: Glutathione Against the Coronavirus
    Feb 6: They Don’t Want You to Know Basic Viral Treatments – Water is the Most Basic Treatment
    Feb 10: World Ready to Freak?
    Feb 13: World Health Experts Have It Wrong
    Feb 17: Deadly Viral and Economic Reapers
    Feb 19: Mild Mannered Coronavirus
    Feb 24: The World Is Running Out Of Time
    Feb 28: Virus, 5G and Pollution Combine to Destroy Wuhan
    Mar 2: Untrustworthy Coronavirus Tests and Statistics
    SEE REFERENCES ▼
    [1] Viral membrane fusion: is glycoprotein G of rhabdoviruses a representative of a new class of viral fusion proteins? Braz J Med Biol Res ;vol.38 no.6; Ribeirão Preto June 2005; http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?scri...X2005000600002

[2] Hepatitis C virus glycoproteins mediate low pH-dependent membrane fusion with liposomes; Lavillette D et al; J Biol Chem. 2006 Feb 17;281(7):3909-17. Epub 2005 Dec 15; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16356932

[3] Primary amines enhance the antiviral activity of interferon against a membrane virus: role of intracellular pH; Maheshwari RK et al; J Gen Virol.; 1991 Sep;72 ( Pt 9):2143-52. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1654374
    Last edited by Philippe; 6th March 2020 at 09:34.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Philippe For This Post:

Agape (6th March 2020), Ben (8th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), David Trd1 (6th March 2020), DeeMetrios (6th March 2020), Frank V (6th March 2020), jaybee (6th March 2020), onevoice (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Reinhard (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), silvanelf (6th March 2020), T Smith (7th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020)

19. Link to Post #1390
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,016 times in 2,210 posts

edited - double post - it said there were too many words so I did it again with snips - then it decided to process the post anyway
    Last edited by jaybee; 6th March 2020 at 09:46.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Frank V (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), T Smith (7th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020)

21. Link to Post #1391
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Viruses are pH Sensitive
    Dr. Marc Sircus
    March 4, 2020
    https://drsircus.com/general/viruses-are-ph-sensitive/

(many hyperlinks in the article to other relevant articles which are not provided here)

"There are certain important subjects that doctors and world health officials do not want you to know about. The fact that most viruses and all physiological processes in the body are pH sensitive is one of them. Despite the fact that pH medicine offers us a key to treating viral infections that is easy, safe and inexpensive, they and even alternative health care providers just cannot wrap their heads around baking soda as one of the most important medicines we can use to fight the coronavirus.

Researchers at the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) in the US have uncovered the ‘Achilles’ heel’ of most viruses which plague mankind are on target, there are vulnerabilities that can be exploited but what they are looking at is not practical or helpful in our fight against viral infections. The so-called ‘Achilles heel’ (or vulnerable point) of most viruses can be exploited by pulling the pH rug out from under them.

The ability of influenza virus to release its genome under different acidic conditions is linked to the transmission of influenza virus. The threshold pH at which fusion is first observed can vary among different serotypes of membrane protein hemagglutinin (HA) and may correlate with virulence. The acid stability of HA has been linked to the successful transmission of virus between avian and human hosts.

Coronavirus infectivity is exquisitely sensitive to pH. For example, the MHV-A59 strain of coronavirus is quite stable at pH 6.0 (acidic) but becomes rapidly and irreversibly inactivated by brief treatment at pH 8.0 (alkaline). Human coronavirus strain 229E is maximally infective at pH 6.0. Infection of cells by murine coronavirus A59 at pH 6.0 (acidic) rather than pH 7.0 (neutral) yields a tenfold increase in the infectivity of the virus.

Data suggests that the coronavirus IBV employs a direct, low-pH-dependent virus-cell fusion activation reaction. “Fusion of the coronavirus IBV with host cells does not occur at neutral pH and that fusion activation is a low-pH-dependent process, with a half-maximal rate of fusion at pH 5.5. Little or no fusion occurred above a pH of 6.0.”

Raising pH (to an alkaline state) increases the immune system’s ability to kill bacteria, concludes The Royal Free Hospital and School of Medicine in London. The viruses and bacteria which cause bronchitis and colds thrive in an acidic environment. Keeping our pH in the slightly alkaline range of 6.8-7.2 can reduce the risk and lessen the severity of colds, sore throats and bouts of influenza.

When we thoroughly add alkalinity we invariably have mild attacks of viral infections and the same is true for bacterial and fungus infections. There is significant decrease in median number of colony forming bacteria and fungi in the lungs of pneumonia patients when sodium bicarbonate is used compared to saline.

Medical scientists have already concluded that a 8.4% solution of bicarbonate is safe inhibitory drug for respiratory bacterial, fungal, and mycobacterial growth. Slow infusions of NaHCO3 (bicarbonate) can also be used to treat non-anion gap metabolic acidosis and some forms of increased anion gap acidosis, a common enough problem in ICU patients with serious lung infections.

Viruses infect host cells by fusion with cellular membranes at low pH. Thus they are classified as “pH-dependent viruses.” Drugs that increase intracellular pH (alkalinity within the cell) have been shown to decrease infectivity of pH-dependent viruses. Since such drugs can provoke negative side effects, the obvious answer are natural techniques that can produce the same results. There is no pharmaceutical that can compete with sodium bicarbonate for changing the pH of the bodies fluids.

Fusion of viral and cellular membranes is pH dependent. “Fusion depends on the acidification of the endosomal compartment. Fusion at the endosome level is triggered by conformational changes in viral glycoproteins induced by the low pH of this cellular compartment.”[1] In membrane biology, fusion is the process by which two initially distinct lipid bilayers merge their hydrophobic cores, resulting in one interconnected structure. It has been suggested that the hepatitis C virus (HCV) infects host cells through a pH-dependent internalization mechanism. This HCVpp-mediated fusion was dependent on low pH, with a threshold of 6.3 and an optimum at about 5.5.[2] When pH drops to 6 or below, rapid fusion between the membranes of viruses and the liposomes occurs.

[snip]

The amount of oxygen in cells is determined by voltage. If a cell has adequate voltage, it will also have adequate oxygen. If cellular voltage is low, the amount of oxygen in the tissues will be low. This applies to metabolism as well. When voltage and oxygen are low, metabolism becomes anaerobic, which means that oxygen is unavailable.

[snip]

thanks for that article - couple of thoughts - first it is easy to get into the habit of having a lemon juice and bicarb drink to start the day - if I can do that anyone can as I'm sometimes not good at keeping up with taking things for medicinal purposes - but at the start of everyday on an empty stomach I have a glass of water with a couple of squirts of lemon juice in (real lemons might be better but for convenience I use supermarket lemon juice) - then add a heaped teaspoon of bicarb it fizzes like mad and often bubbles over the top of the glass so you have to hold it over the sink...

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-...ts%20all%20day!

quote - The combination of baking soda and lemon juice has a number of health benefits, including the ability to detoxify the body, balance pH levels, improve digestion, boost the immune system, aid heart health, protect the skin, heal the liver and help prevent chronic disease.

There are countless health remedies that have gained popularity in recent years, but the use of baking soda and lemon dates back decades in natural health circles. On their own, these two substances have plenty of healthy effects, but when combined, they can have an even more impressive impact on your overall health.

the other thing is ORMUS - I wonder if that is helpful to ward against or get better from the Corona virus - ORMUS is all to do with getting the mix stable at ph 10.7 to 10.8 .....

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Agape (6th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), DeeMetrios (6th March 2020), Frank V (6th March 2020), onawah (6th March 2020), Philippe (6th March 2020), Reinhard (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), silvanelf (6th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020), T Smith (7th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020), TrumanCash (6th March 2020)

23. Link to Post #1392
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,243 times in 942 posts

All this advice about keeping things clean, following basic rules of hygiene and so on and so on people should have been doing anyway, coronavirus or not. Including the guy giving my trolley a quick antiseptic wipe at my local CostCo.

In amidst all this fuss I noticed this advert on the television last night (or certainly one very similar) for KFC "Finger lickin' good". Look at these dirty bastards:

So much for the advice of people not touching their mouths. I have always been disgusted by this habit.
    Last edited by happyuk; 6th March 2020 at 16:08.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Agape (6th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Philippe (6th March 2020), Reinhard (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020)

25. Link to Post #1393
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Philippe (here)
    This post of Onawah should be bumped.
    just what I was thinking - then I saw your post after I did mine so now it's been bumped twice

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Philippe (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), T Smith (7th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020)

27. Link to Post #1394
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

I’ve seen all I need to feel sufficiently informed, thanks to everyone.

Sorry about Pence and mob. They don’t seem like bumbling fools to me, I see a bunch of cold arseholes. Like you need that at a time like this.

Take good care of yourselves and each other. This is going to be a chaotic year. Be cool.

Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Frank V (6th March 2020), Inaiá (7th March 2020), justntime2learn (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th March 2020), Sophocles (6th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020), wondering (6th March 2020)

29. Link to Post #1395
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 times in 164 posts

What to make of the situation when Barrett over in China says things really are getting back to normal?:

and then there's these guys who also live in China say that it's not true, the virus is still spreading and they are running factories with noone working in them to make it looks (through increases in electricy usage) that things are getting back to normal:

How to know the truth???!

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to IChingUChing For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Frank V (6th March 2020), mokosh (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020)

31. Link to Post #1396
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

Quote Posted by Tomkoyote (here)
    I agree. This might be the most important video in it's simplicity in offering a solution that most anyone can do and afford. This is so doable. I love his technique of making a bottle of the vitamin c solution and drinking it over time to continuously flood the system with it. I learned a lot. I so appreciate this gentleman for making this video. His taking the time to do this for us reminds me of the goodness that is out there.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Frank V (6th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th March 2020), silvanelf (6th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020)

33. Link to Post #1397
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

For those "waiting to hear it's in my area!" Don't!

By that time it will have been in your area, and circulation, for a potential 14 days 'asymptomatically' and a potential further 7 days as symptoms emerged and became bad enough for the victim to 'present' to the Health Service?

Meanwhile , like a scene from 'Gringotts Bank' where 'Le Strange's' Vault's 'doubling spell for silverware' is set off, further 'carriers have been being produced (and creating their own 'carriers'?) day upon day....... better off to act is if it is HERE RIGHT NOW and so get a jump on the blighter?

'
    Affecting the elderly and is mild'

In Aug 1918 so was H1N1!!!

But the return of a 'drifted' clade of H1N1 to the camps where the 'original clade' was still circulating allowed the two clades to 'recombine' into something far deadlier!

At present there are at least 4 'recognisably different' 'flavours' of Covid-19 in circulation, Wuhan,Iranian,S.Korean and Italian........

Never the twain shall meet or is 'recombination' inevitable?

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GrayWolfBG For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Dorjezigzag (6th March 2020), Frank V (6th March 2020), IChingUChing (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (6th March 2020), pyrangello (6th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sarah Rainsong (6th March 2020), silvanelf (6th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020), Tintin (6th March 2020)

35. Link to Post #1398
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,801 times in 5,537 posts

Quote Posted by Delight (here)

Comment from reddit
    "In the US we have Hydroxychoroquine but haven't had chloroquine phosphate available for ages. The FDA would have to re-approve it before it could be ordered by doctors / hospitals."

Quote 4 March 2020,
    International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents
    Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine as available weapons to fight COVID-19
    PhilippeColson
    Jean-MarcRolain
    Jean-ChristopheLagier
    PhilippeBrouqui
    DidierRaoulta

Regarding viruses, for reasons probably partly identical involving alkalinisation by chloroquine of the phagolysosome, several studies have shown the effectiveness of this molecule, including against coronaviruses among which is the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)-associated coronavirus [1,12,13] (Table 1). We previously emphasised interest in chloroquine for the treatment of viral infections in this journal [1], predicting its use in viral infections lacking drugs. Following the discovery in China of the in vitro activity of chloroquine against SARS-CoV-2, discovered during culture tests on Vero E6 cells with 50% and 90% effective concentrations (EC50 and EC90 values) of 1.13 μM and 6.90 μM, respectively (antiviral activity being observed when addition of this drug was carried out before or after viral infection of the cells) [3], we awaited with great interest the clinical data [14]. The subsequent in vivo data were communicated following the first results of clinical trials by Chinese teams [4] and also aroused great enthusiasm among us. They showed that chloroquine could reduce the length of hospital stay and improve the evolution of COVID-19 pneumonia [4,6], leading to recommend the administration of 500 mg of chloroquine twice a day in patients with mild, moderate and severe forms of COVID-19 pneumonia. At such a dosage, a therapeutic concentration of chloroquine might be reached. With our experience on 2000 dosages of hydroxychloroquine during the past 5 years in patients with long-term treatment (>1 year), we know that with a dosage of 600 mg/day we reach a concentration of 1 μg/mL [15]. The optimal dosage for SARS-CoV-2 is an issue that will need to be assessed in the coming days. For us, the activity of hydroxychloroquine on viruses is probably the same as that of chloroquine since the mechanism of action of these two molecules is identical, and we are used to prescribe for long periods hydroxychloroquine, which would be therefore our first choice in the treatment of SARS-CoV-2. For optimal treatment, it may be necessary to administer a loading dose followed by a maintenance dose.
    Thanks Delight

A good example of a well researched and argued paper with a possible solution therein. I've popped it in the library here:

Last edited by Tintin; 6th March 2020 at 15:57.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Frank V (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (6th March 2020), onevoice (6th March 2020), Reinhard (7th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020)

37. Link to Post #1399
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Virus trafficking and weaponisation related
    Cross-posting from the US Air Force Places Ad For Bio Samples From Russians thread that was started a couple of years ago, for those of you interested in pursuing this type of line of enquiry, and for use as a useful recently historical placeholder - note, that I amended the OP there.

UPDATE from Tintin March 6th, 2020 (see also Avalon Library USAF_RNA_Synovial_tissue_specification_RFQ_FA3016-17-U-0164 folder here)

As much of our attention is currently focused on Covid-19 it may be worth reminding ourselves, for primarily informational and research purposes, that development of ethnically and/or racially profile specific viruses targeted at those populations are very much a reality.

There have been several link breakages since this thread was started and I've made some attempts at sourcing more up to date versions and related articles.

RFQ_FA3016-17-U-0164_Official_Release.pdf

The new link to access the original federal contract (this takes you through to govtribe.com)

Off Guardian article from November 2017

and another source here

Related Covid-19 thread post which includes the important investigative work of Dilyana Gaytandzhieva and another supporting article from her here

“If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Agape (6th March 2020), Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Frank V (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (6th March 2020), kfm27917 (6th March 2020), onevoice (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), silvanelf (6th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020)

39. Link to Post #1400
    Language
    English
    Thanks

UK Government Action Plan published March 3rd 2020

Government website: https://assets.publishing.service.go...oss_the_UK.pdf

Link: http://avalonlibrary.net/Coronavirus...h_3rd_2020.pdf

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2020), Frank V (6th March 2020), Franny (6th March 2020), justntime2learn (6th March 2020), Pam (6th March 2020), Sadieblue (6th March 2020), Sunny (7th March 2020)

Closed Thread
Page 70 of 154 FirstFirst 1 20 60 70 80 120 154 LastLast