+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: Qanon and the mechanism of addiction

1. Link to Post #41
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Default Re: Qanon and the mechanism of addiction

Hopes of a promised land can be anywhere from harmless to silly to dangerous. It encourages people who would ordinarily take up arms to fight a military dictatorship to put DOWN their guns and quietly acquiese.

That is, if the Promised Land is framed by military propaganda operations (begun as Larps) as a place where pedophiles and terrorists are being rounded up by the military.

Boots on the ground, at that point will be welcomed. True fascists are often welcomed with open arms by a population who have been enticed with atrocity propaganda.
    Last edited by AutumnW; 25th July 2019 at 20:26.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Frank V (25th July 2019), Kryztian (26th July 2019)

3. Link to Post #42
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    I'm kind of wondering why a thread that is supposedly about addiction is devolving into a bickerfest? Oh the venom, I can almost taste it.

Back to topic!!!!!
    It's a symptom of a malaise that's not healing, whatever anyone does. It's unlikely to go away, until Qanon does (which will of course happen one day), or those supporting the meme choose to go elsewhere (if they do).

There are all the attributes of cult members defending criticism, when the cult leader ('Q') is held to be infallible, impossible to question or dialog with, and forever making promises and saying 'trust the plan'.

Those are all cult characteristics. People get addicted to being cult members, too, with a similar mechanism. Excitement, hope, never being quite certain, always hanging on promises, looking for tomorrow rather than today, and often badly seeking something better in their lives sourced externally rather than internally are all the commonalities.

4. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,630 times in 8,592 posts

Lots of straw-men arguments being used here - some of us do not consider Q a cult leader, infallible, or any of that. I consider it a military intelligence operation to get info out that bypasses the MSM, and the coded info releases lead to real gained knowledge of some of the systemic corruption activities.

Whether the growing awareness of systemic corruption in part of the populace leads to good results remains to be seen.

What I don't understand is given the depths of this current ongoing systemic corruption, what the 'correct' response is to effect change in the status quo.

I see the Q process nay-sayers raising problems and issues, but I don't see the alternative solutions being proposed, given a near hopelessly contaminated leadership and news reportage stream over recent years.

Back to the subject of this thread, I admit to being an internet addict - while I work at my (home office) desk 10-12 hours a day, opportunities are available to keep up with my Q drops, conspiracy forums, music forums, sports forums and articles, etc.

I sometimes click often on a thread reporting baseball trade rumors prior to the deadline, for example.

However, that's surface level stuff - my spiritual core was not externally sourced and is not maintained by these surface events in our evolving consensus reality/realities.

Rather meditation, inner explorations, and a surprisingly 'accidental' Kundalini spinal energy nervous system sensitizing/purifying process being major sources.

This Q process will be a good test for my intuition accuracy level, I admit. (My hopes when Obama was elected certainly were dashed, a major learning lesson along the way.)

Using addiction as another way of diminishing and criticizing forum members who participate in Q research is 'weak sauce', in my view.
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 26th July 2019 at 20:37.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (27th July 2019), gini (27th July 2019), Jayke (26th July 2019), KiwiElf (26th July 2019), Kryztian (26th July 2019), Lost N Found (27th July 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th July 2019), Valerie Villars (26th July 2019), wondering (26th July 2019)

6. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I'm kind of wondering why a thread that is supposedly about addiction is devolving into a bickerfest? Oh the venom, I can almost taste it.

Back to topic!!!!!
    It's a symptom of a malaise that's not healing, whatever anyone does. It's unlikely to go away, until Qanon does (which will of course happen one day), or those supporting the meme choose to go elsewhere (if they do).

There are all the attributes of cult members defending criticism, when the cult leader ('Q') is held to be infallible, impossible to question or dialog with, and forever making promises and saying 'trust the plan'.

Those are all cult characteristics. People get addicted to being cult members, too, with a similar mechanism. Excitement, hope, never being quite certain, always hanging on promises, looking for tomorrow rather than today, and often badly seeking something better in their lives sourced externally rather than internally are all the commonalities.
    Bill, I really do understand what you are saying. But there are some very wonderful people that are following Q. They are more than that. They are much, much more than that. Please, please remember this. I don't have personal buddies here but even I know that you have at least one person that has been extremely loyal to you for as long as I have been here and probably much longer. That person has been a great asset and friend of this forum. If you found that person lying in a gutter succumbing to drug addiction would you walk by? Please, ask yourself what is more important. Ask yourself, if this was the last day of your life, would you rather say you thwarted a thread , which would have passed as all things do, or would you rather.......... I say this with all sincerity. No need to respond if you don't want to.

With Respect, Pam

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

gini (27th July 2019), Jayke (11th January 2020), Kryztian (26th July 2019), Valerie Villars (26th July 2019)

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Bill, I really do understand what you are saying. But there are some very wonderful people that are following Q. They are more than that. They are much, much more than that. Please, please remember this.
    Yes, many of us critical of the Q phenomena would agree that there are wonderful people here. But wonderful people do fall prey to addictions and bad ideas. If they weren't such wonderful people, it wouldn't be so upsetting for the rest of us.

In the last 1970's a group of community activists, civil rights and social justice crusaders, anti-war pacifists and other compassionate people banded together. Many of them went on a retreat together in Guyana, South America to a community they were creating called "Jonestown". There, they were forced at gun point to drink Kool-Aide laced with cyanide, and over 900 people died.

After the mass death occurred, it took more than 24 hours before a Guyanese government plan landed to discover the disaster and announce the news to the world. However, it was clear from messages broadcasted to U.S. naval submarines about this incident that day before , that many in the U.S. intelligence had advanced knowledge of this incident. The leader, Jim Jones, who was clearly mentally ill, even though he was also a charismatic speaker, had a strange associate name Dan Mittrione that popped in an out his life. Mittrione was probably an intelligence agency asset and had a MKULTRA like tendency to experiement with people, often picking up homeless people on the streets of Uruguay and torturing them. It's pretty clear that the path to Jonestown was cleared by forces within U.S. intelligence (for more, see Peter Levenda's, Sinister Forces, Vol. 2, pp 169 - 183).

So "Kool Aid" has become synonymous with bad ideas and bad beliefs. And whether we are talking about ideas, beliefs, or the actual sugar based powdered drink, Kool Aid can be quite addictive.

It is heart breaking to see so many wonderful people addictively drinking the Kool Aide that comes from the intelligence community.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

AutumnW (26th July 2019)

10. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,161 times in 897 posts

So i see that the Q 'followers' are becoming the scapegoats.

First shadowbanned(out of public side),then ridiculed,and now they are framed as silly junkies.. It looks to me that the most 'addicted' Avalon members projecting their frustrations ,and get a dopamine thrill from feeling superior. Next step is to identify the mentally weak members who could be potential 'cultfollowing suiciders'. Isnt it better to stimulate to stay focused on the research then to be distracted by this insulting generalizing pseudo analysis ? I assumed that Avalon is here as well to wake up & inspire the 'normal' people (;redpill the 'normies') ,to start their own search for the truth. But to me thats the essence of the Qmovement as well! How to learn to think for oneself!

A happy person has no interest in critizicing others,she just want to inspire and encourage each & everyone to trust their path. We are all divine beings

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gini For This Post:

Bluegreen (21st March 2020), Chester (20th March 2020), Deux Corbeaux (27th July 2019), Jayke (26th July 2019), KiwiElf (26th July 2019), Lost N Found (27th July 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (27th July 2019), Valerie Villars (26th July 2019)

12. Link to Post #47
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    Using addiction as another way of diminishing and criticizing forum members who participate in Q research is 'weak sauce', in my view.
    Vehement denial is yet another ostensibly manifest sign of addiction. QED.

Breathe it in and breathe it out
    And pass it on, it's almost out
    We're so creative, so much more
    We're high above but on the floor
    It's not a habit, it's cool, I feel alive
    If you don't have it you're on the other side
    The deeper you stick it in your vein
    The deeper the thoughts, there's no more pain
    I'm in heaven, I'm a god
    I'm everywhere, I feel so hot
    I'm not an addict, maybe that's a lie
    It's over now, I'm cold, alone
    I'm just a person on my own
    Nothing means a thing to me
    Oh, nothing means a thing to me
    Free me, leave me
    Watch me as I'm going down and
    Free me, see me
    Look at me, I'm falling and I'm falling
    It is not a habit
    It is cool, I feel alive, I feel
    It is not a habit
    It is cool, I feel alive
    I'm not an addict
    I'm not an addict
    I'm not an addict
    Last edited by Frank V; 26th July 2019 at 23:30.

13. Link to Post #48
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

I think we would be hard pushed to find just a few people on the planet who are not drinking a belief system/Kool Aide from one intelligence community or another.

Hoping and praying for decent human beings within intelligence communities to devise a plan to try and unshackle people from harmful indoctrination; to get people to look at alternative media and to think and subsequently research for themselves; and to support players within the current system to expose and topple the system; is something I think we all want.

This is the intelligence I see from the Q supporters/researchers here and is why I don’t see them at any risk of walking into a Jonestown scenario.

I think perhaps the biggest problem for many Q detractors is the “Trump” issue which is unfortunate because there was no other alternative to Trump besides Hillary. There is so much about Trump not to like but I’m glad the public chose the “unknown” from the “known” as it opened up a crack in the wall and provided a window of opportunity. We have to watch over time to see if that crack in the wall can be leveraged to [hopefully] bring the wall down. And it isn’t Trump (or any POTUS) that can do this all on their lonesome. It will be those working behind the scenes.

I’m keeping an interest until elections. If Trump isn’t re-elected it will be interesting to see whether Q is POTUS specific. If Trump is re-elected then I’ll have to wait another 4 years

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (27th July 2019), Franny (27th July 2019), gini (27th July 2019), Jayke (27th July 2019), KiwiElf (27th July 2019), Lost N Found (28th July 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (27th July 2019), mountain_jim (27th July 2019), Valerie Villars (27th July 2019)

15. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

If Q researchers drank cool aid, the Q threads on Avalon would be as lifeless as ‘The One Truth’ forum. Q researchers drink rocket fuel! That’s why we’ve been ahead of the curve over a year now. (jokes). But it’s also why fires have raged. Rocket fuel is volatile, especially when Q critics try and slap it away from stable hands.

Still reading Robert Steeles book ‘On Intelligence’. It confirms much of my suspicions that the Q phenomenon fits within a model of ‘open source intelligence’. But Holy ****, the bibliography worth buying the book for the bibliography alone. 50 pages of annotated books, meaning each of the 150-200 books listed has a brief synopsis and summary of how the key idea in each book fits into the ‘open source’ philosophy. Most of the books point to research on open systems that were published in the 1990’s with some reaching back into the 70’s.

Just one example (from pg. 402):

Sense, Peter M. The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of The Learning Organization (Doubleday, 1990)

Without a shared vision there can be no shifting of minds, no team learning, no local initiatives consistent with shared vision, and so on. The U.S. Intelligence Community is confounded by its new circumstances, where commercial technology is better than spy technology, commercial sources are better (in the aggregate) than spy sources, and there is a real question as to whether anyone really cares whether the U.S. Intelligence Community exists or not. We need a vision for national intelligence that imparts two distinct values to each intelligence professional: first, a value member as a member of a larger global community of experts, each of whom is dedicated to protecting the people and improving their lot; and second, a value as a member of an exclusive elite group of intelligence professionals dedicated to the dangerous and difficult profession of espionage. These are not contradictory values. We need a Director-General for National Intelligence (DGNI) able to impart vision, not only to the employees across all agencies, but to the President and Congress as well as the public.
    That’s just one book out of at least 150 similar books in the bibliography. The literature around open system intelligence is vast and thoroughly comprehensive. It goes way beyond anything I even considered or imagined.

If people think Q will go away once Trump leaves office...based on what I’m reading, they’re going to be seriously disappointed. Q is just the beginning. It’s the opening gambit in a long term plan that’s been thoroughly mapped, analysed, researched and studied. To a degree that even I find overwhelming.

One of the questions I’m left with is “if Steeles book was published in 2001, why has it taken 18 years for the first signs of an open source intelligence agency to manifest in society?”. That’s a long time to wait before implementing strategies that pioneer a paradigm shift that takes the global communications infrastructure closer to operating more like a World Brain or a noosphere.

I will concede one point though. There is one definition of cult that fits the phenomenon...

Quote cult
    /kʌlt/
    noun
    a system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object.
    "the cult of St Olaf"
    a person or thing that is popular or fashionable among a particular group or section of society.
    "the series has become a bit of a cult in the UK"
    synonyms: craze, fashion, fad, vogue; informalthing
    "the series has become a bit of a cult in the UK"
    The Q movement has definitely become a cult hit among popular sections of society. It’s a movement that’s only likely to grow over the next few years as well. And if it really does represent what Robert Steele suggests it does...then, well...you can move the Q threads in the cellar of the forum to contain the fires, but the signals only going to get stronger over time.

The paradigm shift of change and its resulting polarities of discord have been electrifying society for a while now. I’d say we’re past the most disruptive part of the process, things should mostly stabilise from here on out. The arbritary misnomers of positive and negative affects from the Q phenomenon, are just indicative of a deeper process that’s been subtly influencing the undercurrents of society.

Last edited by Jayke; 27th July 2019 at 16:05.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Franny (27th July 2019), Gemma13 (28th July 2019), gini (27th July 2019), KiwiElf (27th July 2019), Lost N Found (28th July 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (27th July 2019), Matthew (27th July 2019), mountain_jim (27th July 2019), Valerie Villars (27th July 2019)

17. Link to Post #50
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,187 times in 4,071 posts

I'm really sorry how Q followers are spotlighted like this. The opportunity for sanctimonious pot-shots is terrifying, I'm feeling for you all right now, like I'm with you too (best I can). It think the point is perceived...
    ...perceived as a...
    Here's my interpretation of Bills words from here

There are all the attributes of cult members defending [Q infallibility, Q unfulfilled promises and 'trust the plan']

Those are all cult characteristics. People get addicted to being 'cult' members ...

So fair or unfair, but that is it; Bill's perception. Just because it is perceived, and share characteristics, doesn't mean all Q followers are cultists. And however compelling Q's correlation to the model of open source intelligence you mention Jake, I enjoyed that post above, but itself doesn't help the perception.

Find those things that make it perceived as a cult yourself, because it's best you take control of understanding why Bill thinks this, and I respect your sovereignty to align with Bill's perception, rather than be told it. I believe it's better that way round. Much respect - Matthew

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

gini (27th July 2019), Jayke (27th July 2019)

19. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Quote Posted by YoYoYo (here)
    I'm really sorry how Q followers are spotlighted like this. The opportunity for sanctimonious pot-shots is terrifying, I'm feeling for you all right now, like I'm with you too (best I can). It think the point is perceived...
    ...perceived as a...
    Here's my interpretation of Bills words from here

There are all the attributes of cult members defending [Q infallibility, Q unfulfilled promises and 'trust the plan']

Those are all cult characteristics. People get addicted to being 'cult' members ...

So fair or unfair, but that is it; Bill's perception. Just because it is perceived, and share characteristics, doesn't mean all Q followers are cultists. And however compelling Q's correlation to the model of open source intelligence you mention Jake, I enjoyed that post above, but itself doesn't help the perception.

Find those things that make it perceived as a cult yourself, because it's best you take control of understanding why Bill thinks this, and I respect your sovereignty to align with Bill's perception, rather than be told it. I believe it's better that way round. Much respect - Matthew
    If everyone aligned with Bills perception the forum would become an echo chamber of Bill’s thoughts. Bill is free to think and perceive however he wishes, just as we have the sovereignty to do the same. My research and investigation is my own sovereign path, the information shared is there for others to dismiss or consider as anyone sees fit. I understand why Bill thinks the way he does. I would never want to take control of anyone else’s understanding though. I would much prefer to see other people’s research and logic chains to see how they arrive at conclusions, but alas, most people just summarise their personal projections and perceive those projections as unquestionable truth. I encourage people to try and pick apart my research strands, which is why I link as many references as possible, I’m not addicted to my conclusions and always consider alternative views for veracity, even when the evidence appears overwhelming.

Logic and analysis is the antithesis to group think and propoganda. You know who else, besides Q, encourages people to ‘Think Logically’... John Rappaport, he’s got a whole course on logic and analysis. No one has to blindly follow Q when they can cross reference Q drops with other hard hitting researchers to create an entirely unique synthesis of one’s own. Sovereignty is definitely the key word and ultimate goal, for me at least, and many others on the Q thread I believe.

===========
    * A follow-on course to the Logic And Analysis Course has been created entitled Analyzing Information in the Age of Disinformation. It is filled with specific examples of my past investigations. Based on 25 years of experience, it shows you how to take apart and put together data that lead to valid conclusions. It's an advanced approach to analysis that picks up from the Logic And Analysis Course. Establishing power outside The Matrix requires that a person be able to deal with today's flood of information, misinformation, and disinformation. I've left no stone unturned in bringing you a workable approach to analysis. Click here for more details.

There are several confusions about how logic relates to faith, and I’d like to clear those up.

Consider the amazing amount of information floating around in our culture. Books, articles, internet postings, television news, videos, lectures, seminars, political talk, sales pitches, public relations chatter, scientific claims, educational material, and so on. In this arena, there are HUGE numbers of logical errors. As a reporter and educator, I’ve been cataloguing the errors for 25 years.

If children approach this mountain range of information with no understanding of logic, they will accept some ideas and reject other ideas in unpredictable ways—almost on a random basis. They will walk unarmed into the future and have no basis for judgment.

Who in his right mind wants to encourage or condone a situation like this?

That’s why I created the LOGIC AND ANALYSIS course. It provides a very thorough grounding in a tradition that is all about rational thought. The student gains the ability to analyze information from many different fields and find the flaws. The student becomes very skilled at using the superb tools of logic.

On the other hand, there is faith. This is very personal and very profound. Logic doesn’t touch faith. It is a separate subject.

I have found, in fact, that people armed with logic become much clearer about their own faith. Why? Because they aren’t trying to put that faith under the magnifying glass of analysis. They understand that faith and logic are two different worlds.

However, when people try to attack faith with their own version of logic, those who really know logic can respond immediately and lucidly—and fend off those arguments with great ease.

When, many years ago, I studied the great Western philosophers—especially Plato, the father of rational thought—I was struck by how clearly he admitted his own faith.

These days, some scientists are finally coming to grips with these issues. They are climbing down off their high horses and saying there are matters beyond the scope of the physical sciences.

There is no contradiction here.

If I said the existence of a hammer somehow eliminated the need for a screwdriver, everyone would know I was off my rocker. If I said travel documentaries completely negated the idea of actually going somewhere and seeing life firsthand, people would know I needed a good brain-nutrition supplement. If I said music clearly eliminated the need for science, I’d be laughed out of court.

So it is with logic and faith. The existence of one doesn’t challenge the existence of the other.

They actually support each other.

Some people of faith are a bit nervous about logic. Here is the reason: They haven’t studied enough logic. If they had, they would know that logic eventually brings you to a place where you have to confess you are now navigating by other means. You are crossing over into a territory where different rules apply. Your deepest convictions are now your compass, and those convictions don’t require a foundation of proof. They only require the reward that comes from believing what you believe.
    ==========

Seems Rappaport actually thinks Logic and Faith go hand in hand. Curious how people disparage those notions with Q yet applaud it with Rappaport.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (27th July 2019), gini (27th July 2019), KiwiElf (27th July 2019), Lost N Found (28th July 2019), Matthew (27th July 2019), mountain_jim (28th July 2019)

21. Link to Post #52
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I'm not saying anyone should start thinking like anyone. I bet a member of the forum could be involved with anyone of the many cults out there, and that might not be a problem, depending on their behaviour. Cult like behaviour gets called out by Bill, I'm rooting for Q followers to find whatever compromise might be good

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Jayke (27th July 2019)

23. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

I'm not saying anyone should start thinking like anyone. I bet a member of the forum could be involved with anyone of the many cults out there, and that might not be a problem, depending on their behaviour. Cult like behaviour gets called out by Bill, I'm rooting for Q followers to find whatever compromise might be good
    What kind of compromise would you like to see happen? Personally I feel keeping the Q thread in the members only is fine. Let the Q researchers do their thing without Q critics casting aspersions. The Q booth is working fine for political debate. This thread is fine for exploring the scientific mechanisms that underpin the psychology behind the Q movement. What other compromises do you feel need to be made?

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (27th July 2019), Franny (28th July 2019), gini (27th July 2019), Gracy (27th July 2019), Matthew (27th July 2019)

25. Link to Post #54
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Yes, I see what you mean, compromise is completely the wrong word; bad choice of words, sorry about that. The result isn't compromise, it's .. I suppose um not to be perceived as a cult?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

gini (27th July 2019), Jayke (27th July 2019)

27. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

Yes, I see what you mean, compromise is completely the wrong word; bad choice of words, sorry about that. The result isn't compromise, it's .. I suppose um not to be perceived as a cult?
    You do realise there are other forums online where they have threads calling Bill a cult leader and that us Avalon denizens are Bill’s group think chattel? I know that’s not true. Why should we have to control other people’s misguided perceptions? How they perceive the world is their own responsibility.

Perception is Projection” — Carl Jung
    Quote We can only perceive what is already in our consciousness. This comes from a guy called Carl Jung, who was a Swiss psychologist and one of the 3 fathers of psychology, along with Freud and Adler. He said what we perceive is who we are. What we perceive outside ourselves is who we are. That means we can’t perceive anything out side of ourselves that is not us.

You may say, yes, I can agree he is my projection, or he is, but that person certainly is not. What Carl Jung said, “We tend take our most unconscious material and project it on people and events around us. That which is unconscious must of need be projected on people and events that are around us.”

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (27th July 2019), gini (27th July 2019), KiwiElf (27th July 2019), Lost N Found (28th July 2019), Matthew (27th July 2019), mountain_jim (27th July 2019)

29. Link to Post #56
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Actually yes, and once while I was protesting scientology IRL with anonymous one time we joked it takes a cult to fight a cult. My point was about the sovereignty of the accused, and as always it was a delight talking with you - great ending quote btw

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Jayke (27th July 2019)

31. Link to Post #57
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Quote Posted by Gemma13 (here)
    I think we would be hard pushed to find just a few people on the planet who are not drinking a belief system/Kool Aide from one intelligence community or another.
    Quite true Gemma, but I think most of us are here at Project Avalon because we want to get the Kool Aide out of our systems, not ingest more of it. I think most threads here are doing that, getting us to face up to all the possibilities, even the ugly ones, and even the ones of the dont' have clear answers. They are red pills waking us up to all the possibilities of the truth. But "Q" is the blue pill topic, at least the way it is being discussed on the forum. It can only be seen on the forum as a valid and sincere expression of truth coming from a place of integrity. Every little breadcrumb of information that can support this thesis has to be emphasized. Every major news story that contradicts it has to ignored.

Quote This is the intelligence I see from the Q supporters/researchers here and is why I don’t see them at any risk of walking into a Jonestown scenario.
    No, I don't claim to be able to see in the future and know of a particular scenario. But the people who boarded the planes for Guyana would have laughed at you if you could have told them exactly what would happening to them. And they didn't have a way of knowing how connected to nefarious intelligence networks the Jonestown affair was, meanwhile, most Q supporters assume the drops come from the intelligence world assume they are wholesome and nutritious.

Quote I’m keeping an interest until elections. If Trump isn’t re-elected it will be interesting to see whether Q is POTUS specific. If Trump is re-elected then I’ll have to wait another 4 years
    Hmm, I've heard pledges like this from my new-lib friends on Facebook. They promised they would only rant about how Russia colluded with Trump to hack the election for two years if definitive proof didn't come out to prove their righteousness. Now they are deep into the Mueller report and seeing the the Jeffrey Epstein affair only relates to Trump and not the Clintons. They gave up regular cocaine for crack.
    "If seeds in the black earth can turn into such beautiful roses, what might not the heart of man become in its long journey toward the stars?"
    --- G.K. Chesterton

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Gemma13 (28th July 2019)

33. Link to Post #58
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

The problem I have with the Kool Aid/cult argument is the assumption that Q researchers are blinded by fanatical faith that will eventually lead them into a potential future of ?????

Q data is no different to me than any other mainstream, or alternative, news media outlet. They all have infused coordinates to navigate readers/viewers into waters of their choosing.

The reports I don’t agree with from, for example, Jon Rappoport are minimal to what I do agree with, so I continue to follow his work. The reports I don’t agree with from a mainstream news outlet are excessive so I don’t follow them closely, but make a point of looking into them to see what influence they are having.

Q is an interesting news feed because it often provides links to opposing media outlets to juxtapose the contradictions. In my opinion this is a good catalyst for readers to wake up to propaganda, logically analyse the propaganda, and then arrive at their own determinations.

The “Trust the Plan” catchcry is certainly an ambiguous marker for concern. I get that. And any number of for and against speculations can be made of it; from being a plan to lead people up the garden path to a plan for raising people’s awareness, and everything inbetween.

All media outlets have to rely on marketing of sorts to promote and entice their readers/viewers in a sea of information. Selling personalities, products, ideas, etc until reputation is strong enough to garner subscription and subsequent organic promotion from subscribers. Q’s game scenario and memes marketing doesn’t automatically default to being of nefarious intent.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

gini (28th July 2019), Jayke (28th July 2019), KiwiElf (28th July 2019), mountain_jim (28th July 2019)

35. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,517 times in 32,788 posts

Two interesting articles. I'll just link them, not copy them. They're very dismissive of many things, of course, and have a very mainstream view. They talk about 'conspiracy theories', which usually makes me stop reading immediately.

But the personal stories in there are probably true.

~~~
    • Christmas Is the Loneliest Time for Qanon Fans
      The Daily Beast spoke to four Q believers who claim to have been isolated from loved ones, as well as a former Q believer who thinks the isolation helps reinforce QAnon support.

https://thedailybeast.com/christmas-...for-qanon-fans
    This is indirectly connected with the thread topic. The same can be said of UFO nuts, of course, but almost everything else in the alternative community is rather less strident, obsessive and potentially divisive — maybe with the exception of the Corey Goode cult, and the Flat Earthers (also a kind of cult, though without a leader or any 'trust-the-plan' promises).

The commonality, of course, is that under heavy criticism, the believers form a self-justifying, mutually protective plalanx, and dialog becomes more and more impossible. That's what the articles are about.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Andrew_K (30th July 2019), Frank V (28th July 2019), Jayke (28th July 2019), Kryztian (28th July 2019), Yoda (28th July 2019)

37. Link to Post #60
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    If Q researchers drank cool aid, the Q threads on Avalon would be as lifeless as ‘The One Truth’ forum.
    There was absolutely no need for that provocation, and in addition to that, it is also nonsensical, non sequitur, and perfectly consistent with the behavior of a dopamine addict. The more you talk, the more you confirm your addiction.

The One Truth isn't quite lifeless, but not everyone on the internet revels in hatred and strife. First of all, our member base doesn't even encompass 10% of the number of members Project Avalon has, and secondly, at The One Truth, we look for a synthesis, instead of jerking our knees and cheering for either the thesis or the antithesis.

However, it takes a certain degree of enlightenment to realize that you're never going to get to the next floor without taking the stairs or the elevator, and as you yourself are once again so adequately illustrating, not everyone is that enlightened, and least of all those who like pretending that they are.

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    Q researchers drink rocket fuel!
    Now that would indeed explain for a lot, because the consumption of rocket fuel is known to cause brain damage.

P.S. 1: Researchers conduct research. What you guys are doing isn't research but cheerleading. The actual researchers who've investigated the QAnon phenomenon have already long called it quits because they inevitably all came to the conclusion that it is bunk, just like the narratives from Corey Goode, Simon Parkes, Shane "The Ruiner" Bales, "Captain" Mark Richards, Randy "Captain Kaye" Cramer, Chris Thomas, et al.

P.S. 2: Welcome to my ignore list. With two forums to run even though I own neither of them, a very active membership at yet two other forums where I provide computer-related technical assistance, several dear friends who are going through hard times in their personal lives and who need my support, and the lamentable circumstances of my own life sprinkled on top ─ not to mention that it has been 41.8 °C for two days in a row over here where I live ─ I really don't need the extra aggravation from delusional and arrogantly immature individuals with no sense of discernment and the courtesy of a rattlesnake.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast