Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 14298

Thread: WW3? Ukraine/US vs. Donbass/Russia

1. Link to Post #3041
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Default Re: WW3? Ukraine/US vs. Donbass/Russia

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

I actually fought for Donbass, Ukraine as a volunteer rebel, i have never been officially part of the Russian military or have fought for Russia. In fact i resent their lack of support back then, because we were winning and making great progress and we never got the support we hoped and asked for, they simply didn't do it and then we started losing and having to turn back and leave already liberated territory

If we had the support we asked for from Russia back then, this war would not be happening right now, it would have ended back then 7 years ago but that's not how things turned out, only Crimea had the luxury of full support and you can see the difference there

So i don't have allegiance to Russia in the way it may seem, i dislike several things, but it is what it is and i don't intend to criticize it non stop, instead i'm trying to change it but without losing its identity.

I don't expect other people to come fix it, i'll do it myself. Because even if i'm not in full control, i still believe in "Who if not us" and i follow that in all life ways
    Thanks for clearing that up Mashika.
    Perhaps you can tell us how you got involved in the fighting in Donbass?
    What were the reasons you decided to fight (if it was a voluntary decision)?

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), Ewan (26th May 2022), Johnnycomelately (26th May 2022), justntime2learn (27th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), Mashika (26th May 2022), meat suit (27th May 2022), pounamuknight (26th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), shaberon (26th May 2022), Tintin (26th May 2022), XelNaga (26th May 2022)

3. Link to Post #3042
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,549 times in 9,980 posts

https://twitter.com/IrishTimes/statu...16764316000256

https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law...medium=twitter

George Galloway sues Twitter in Dublin over ‘Russian state-affiliated’ label

Former British MP calls social media firm’s ‘unjust’ labelling of his account the ‘new McCarthyism’

Former British MP George Galloway is suing social media network Twitter in the High Court in Dublin for labelling his account 'Russian state-affiliated media' Photograph: Gareth Fuller/PA Wire
    Former British Labour MP George Galloway has taken a High Court action in Dublin against Twitter for defamation after it labelled his account “Russian state-affiliated media”.

The politician and broadcaster is also claiming in the legal proceedings that the social media company unlawfully processed his personal data by labelling and censoring his account.

The 67-year-old presented The Mother of All Talkshows on the Russian state-owned Radio Sputnik service, and also presented Sputnik: Orbiting the World with George Galloway on the Kremlin-linked RT network, formerly known as Russia Today, until it was shut down with British government sanctions in March over the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Mr Galloway’s talkshow continues to be broadcast on YouTube.

The “Russian state-affiliated media” designation by Twitter appears on Mr Galloway’s profile and on tweets posted on the network. Mr Galloway said in a statement that Twitter’s “unjust labelling of honestly held political views is the New McCarthyism and it must be held accountable”.

He rejected Twitter’s assertion and denied that he was ever “Russian state-affiliated media”. Being labelled as such was “perverse, unjust and highly damaging”, he said.

He argued that the label had not been applied to him when he presented his show on Russian media and was applied to his Twitter after he had stopped presenting the show on the channel.

A spokeswoman for Twitter in Dublin declined to comment on the legal proceedings.

Mr Galloway’s lawyer, Kevin Winters of Belfast legal firm KRW Law, said Twitter had refused to provide information around its labelling of his account since first applied six weeks ago.

His client was taking the case in Dublin because “Twitter contests jurisdiction anywhere else” and because Ireland was where the data controller for all EU and UK Twitter accounts are asserted to be, said Mr Winters.

Mr Galloway said Twitter’s refusal to explain the labelling was “unbecoming for a major corporation, not least one which styles itself as the ‘public square’”. He described himself as a “man of independent mind”.

“To have attached to my every utterance - on football to family on politics to popular music - a completely false statement that my views are Russian state-directed is unconscionable and a daily stab to the heart of who and what I am,” he said.

The social media company’s stated policy behind state-affiliated media account labels is to focus on outlets where a government exercises control over editorial content through financial resources, direct or indirect political pressures and control over production and accounts belonging to state-affiliated media entities, their editors-in-chief or prominent staff.

Mr Galloway’s case will be seen as a further test for how Twitter manages content moderation ahead of the planned €41 billion takeover by billionaire Elon Musk who wants to make the social media platform “an inclusive arena for free speech”.
    "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
    - - - - Emily Elizabeth Dickinson. 🪶💜

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), Ewan (26th May 2022), Franny (26th May 2022), Gwin Ru (26th May 2022), Ivanhoe (26th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), Kryztian (27th May 2022), Mashika (26th May 2022), pounamuknight (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), shaberon (26th May 2022), Snoweagle (26th May 2022), Tintin (26th May 2022)

5. Link to Post #3043
    Thanks

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/st...25928676372488

https://twitter.com/caitoz/status/1529582781214232578
    Last edited by Ravenlocke; 26th May 2022 at 00:27.
    "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."

6. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), Ewan (26th May 2022), Franny (26th May 2022), graciousb (26th May 2022), Gwin Ru (26th May 2022), Harmony (28th May 2022), Ivanhoe (26th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), Mashika (26th May 2022), pounamuknight (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), Rizotto (26th May 2022), shaberon (26th May 2022), Snoweagle (26th May 2022), Tintin (26th May 2022), Vicus (26th May 2022), XelNaga (26th May 2022)

7. Link to Post #3044
    Thanks

https://twitter.com/Consortiumnews/s...08853917810696

https://consortiumnews.com/2022/05/2...after-8-years/

Nuland-Pyatt Tape Removed From YouTube After 8 Years
    May 25, 2022

The most watched version, with subtitles, suddenly was made unavailable on Wednesday. The tape provides the smoking gun of U.S. involvement in 2014 Kiev coup. (Read the transcript).

By Joe Lauria
    Special to Consortium News

The smoking gun proving U.S. involvement in the 2014 coup in Kiev has been removed from YouTube after eight years.

It was the most watched version of the intercepted and leaked conversation between then Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and Geoffrey Pyatt, the then U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, in which the two discuss who will make up the new government weeks before democratically-elected Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych was overthrown in a violent coup on Feb. 21, 2014.

The two talk about “midwifing” the unconstitutional change of government and “gluing it together” and of the role then Vice President Joe Biden should play and what meetings to set up with Ukrainian politicians.

The U.S. State Department never denied the authenticity of the video, and even issued an apology to the European Union after Nuland is heard on the tape saying, “**** the E.U.” Mainstream media at the time focused almost exclusively on that off-color remark, ignoring the greater significance of U.S. interference in Ukraine’s internal affairs.

Consortium News has numerous times embedded the YouTube video in articles about the overthrow of Yanukovych. CN successfully embedded it earlier this week in an article now being written, but on Wednesday the video suddenly appeared this way in the draft article:

The video was posted on April 29, 2014 and had 181,533 views before it was taken down, the most viewed version of the conversation on YouTube. Eight years worth of comments on the video have also been removed.

This is a screenshot taken earlier from the video that has now been removed. The same video can be viewed on Rumble here.

Nuland in screenshot from now removed YouTube video.
    Timing of Removal

The removal of a video that had existed online for eight years raises major questions as it comes during the war in Ukraine. Corporate media has studiously avoided mentioning the causes of the current conflict, including NATO eastward expansion, the rejected Moscow treaty proposals in December, the civil war in Donbass and the 2014 coup in Kiev that led to the Donbass uprising and violent repression by the coup government.

The coup in 2014 is the starting point that led to all these events culminating in Russia’s invasion in February. Removing the video would be consistent with the suppression of any information that falls outside the enforced narrative of events in Ukraine, including whitewashing any mention of the U.S.-backed coup.

Transcript Still Online

The BBC on Feb. 7, 2014 — 14 days before Yanukovych was toppled — published a transcript of the Nuland-Pyatt conversation. Consortium News is republishing the transcript here, lest it be removed from the internet as well:

Warning: This transcript contains swearing.

Voice thought to be Nuland’s: What do you think?

Voice thought to be Pyatt’s: I think we’re in play. The Klitschko [Vitaly Klitschko, one of three main opposition leaders] piece is obviously the complicated electron here. Especially the announcement of him as deputy prime minister and you’ve seen some of my notes on the troubles in the marriage right now so we’re trying to get a read really fast on where he is on this stuff. But I think your argument to him, which you’ll need to make, I think that’s the next phone call you want to set up, is exactly the one you made to Yats [Arseniy Yatseniuk, another opposition leader]. And I’m glad you sort of put him on the spot on where he fits in this scenario. And I’m very glad that he said what he said in response.

Nuland: Good. I don’t think Klitsch should go into the government. I don’t think it’s necessary, I don’t think it’s a good idea.

Pyatt: Yeah. I guess… in terms of him not going into the government, just let him stay out and do his political homework and stuff. I’m just thinking in terms of sort of the process moving ahead we want to keep the moderate democrats together. The problem is going to be Tyahnybok [Oleh Tyahnybok, the other opposition leader] and his guys and I’m sure that’s part of what [President Viktor] Yanukovych is calculating on all this.

Nuland: [Breaks in] I think Yats is the guy who’s got the economic experience, the governing experience. He’s the… what he needs is Klitsch and Tyahnybok on the outside. He needs to be talking to them four times a week, you know. I just think Klitsch going in… he’s going to be at that level working for Yatseniuk, it’s just not going to work.

Pyatt: Yeah, no, I think that’s right. OK. Good. Do you want us to set up a call with him as the next step?

Nuland: My understanding from that call – but you tell me – was that the big three were going into their own meeting and that Yats was going to offer in that context a… three-plus-one conversation or three-plus-two with you. Is that not how you understood it?

Pyatt: No. I think… I mean that’s what he proposed but I think, just knowing the dynamic that’s been with them where Klitschko has been the top dog, he’s going to take a while to show up for whatever meeting they’ve got and he’s probably talking to his guys at this point, so I think you reaching out directly to him helps with the personality management among the three and it gives you also a chance to move fast on all this stuff and put us behind it before they all sit down and he explains why he doesn’t like it.

Nuland: OK, good. I’m happy. Why don’t you reach out to him and see if he wants to talk before or after.

Pyatt: OK, will do. Thanks.

Nuland: OK… one more wrinkle for you Geoff. [A click can be heard] I can’t remember if I told you this, or if I only told Washington this, that when I talked to Jeff Feltman [United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs] this morning, he had a new name for the UN guy Robert Serry did I write you that this morning?

Pyatt: Yeah I saw that.

Nuland: OK. He’s now gotten both Serry and [UN Secretary General] Ban Ki-moon to agree that Serry could come in Monday or Tuesday. So that would be great, I think, to help glue this thing and to have the UN help glue it and, you know, **** the EU.

Pyatt: No, exactly. And I think we’ve got to do something to make it stick together because you can be pretty sure that if it does start to gain altitude, that the Russians will be working behind the scenes to try to torpedo it. And again the fact that this is out there right now, I’m still trying to figure out in my mind why Yanukovych (garbled) that. In the meantime there’s a Party of Regions faction meeting going on right now and I’m sure there’s a lively argument going on in that group at this point. But anyway we could land jelly side up on this one if we move fast. So let me work on Klitschko and if you can just keep… we want to try to get somebody with an international personality to come out here and help to midwife this thing. The other issue is some kind of outreach to Yanukovych but we probably regroup on that tomorrow as we see how things start to fall into place.

Nuland: So on that piece Geoff, when I wrote the note [US vice-president’s national security adviser Jake] Sullivan’s come back to me VFR [direct to me], saying you need [US Vice-President Joe] Biden and I said probably tomorrow for an atta-boy and to get the deets [details] to stick. So Biden’s willing.

Pyatt: OK. Great. Thanks.

8. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), Ewan (26th May 2022), Franny (26th May 2022), Gwin Ru (26th May 2022), Harmony (28th May 2022), Ivanhoe (26th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), Mike Gorman (26th May 2022), pounamuknight (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), Rizotto (26th May 2022), shaberon (26th May 2022), Snoweagle (26th May 2022), Spiral (26th May 2022), Tintin (26th May 2022), Vicus (26th May 2022), XelNaga (26th May 2022)

9. Link to Post #3045
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by DaveToo (here)

I actually fought for Donbass, Ukraine as a volunteer rebel, i have never been officially part of the Russian military or have fought for Russia. In fact i resent their lack of support back then, because we were winning and making great progress and we never got the support we hoped and asked for, they simply didn't do it and then we started losing and having to turn back and leave already liberated territory

If we had the support we asked for from Russia back then, this war would not be happening right now, it would have ended back then 7 years ago but that's not how things turned out, only Crimea had the luxury of full support and you can see the difference there

So i don't have allegiance to Russia in the way it may seem, i dislike several things, but it is what it is and i don't intend to criticize it non stop, instead i'm trying to change it but without losing its identity.

I don't expect other people to come fix it, i'll do it myself. Because even if i'm not in full control, i still believe in "Who if not us" and i follow that in all life ways
    Thanks for clearing that up Mashika.
    Perhaps you can tell us how you got involved in the fighting in Donbass?
    What were the reasons you decided to fight (if it was a voluntary decision)?
    Hi, it kind of happened like this

As a kid, i was on the youth army, starting around 8 years old and up until i turned 14 when i quit for a while

Then around when i turned 16, i got a message from old friends, who were joining into a batallion in Ukraine, i kind of had fallen out of my normal life and was not even living at home anymore, basically i had no purpose in life and nothing to do or planned to do so i just quit everything and picked up my stuff and went there

We were selected by older people, but who already knew us from before in the youth army, we had training and a lot of the kids in the batallions in Ukraine had no training at all, they were just rebels who picked up guns when their homes and towns started getting shelled and the murders from the Azov and other groups started daily

They did not stand a chance but we did, we had training that could help in leading them and make them into a true army, then we got in contact with the older veterans who were already in Ukraine, the ones who were leading the separatist rebellion, people like Arsen Pavlov (Motorola) and others, and they gave us access to arms, uniforms, ammo and so on, and it all started from there, that was around 2013, before the craziness went out of control and into a full war. At that time then we got a lot of guns, ammo, mortars and so on, all stolen from the Ukrainians lol, but all that stuff lasted only for a while, and then what's the point of having rifles, mortars and cannons + other stuff, if you don't have any ammo?

Also older leaders started dying, as the usual event in any war, and we did not had real replacements for them. And even if we had good training and all that stuff, you can't replace a 45 year old guy with 25 years of military experience with some random 17 to 20 year old noob, knowledge is good but field experience is not learned at school So we requested help from Russia and then begged for it, and nothing came our way, no ammo, no shells, no commanders or anything at all, they turned out to be more interested in the strategic Crimea region, and so we started retreating and dying slowly (you can't fight without bullets or medicine, or shells or equipment/troop replacements in general) until the idiotic Minsk agreements put a temporary stop to all of it

I think i must clarify something, that this didn't start in 2014 as a lot of sites and people think, this actually started in 2013, and it was being prepared from back then, people getting organized and getting ready for the separatist war, but it was all done secretly because a lot of higher level people in Ukraine had already figured out that a coup was going to happen and who was behind it, there was a lot if intel and that's why when it happened there was already a separatist army with ammo and light thanks and all the stuff required for war. It's not like it came alive one day out of no where, the separatist army was working behind the scenes, while still being part of the Ukrainian army in Donbass

I went a bit beyond what i should have said lol, oh well, that's about all i can say and this is not really a secret, it's known info anyways, but from here on my mouth is
    Last edited by Mashika; 26th May 2022 at 01:25.
    Tired

10. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), DaveToo (26th May 2022), Ewan (26th May 2022), Franny (26th May 2022), Gwin Ru (26th May 2022), Harmony (28th May 2022), Johnnycomelately (26th May 2022), justntime2learn (27th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), Orph (26th May 2022), Oxygen (26th May 2022), pounamuknight (26th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), Satori (26th May 2022), shaberon (26th May 2022), Snoweagle (26th May 2022), Spiral (26th May 2022), Tintin (26th May 2022), Tyy1907 (26th May 2022), Vicus (26th May 2022), XelNaga (26th May 2022)

11. Link to Post #3046
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,971 times in 1,706 posts

Hi, it kind of happened like this

As a kid, i was on the youth army, starting around 8 years old and up until i turned 14 when i quit for a while

Then around when i turned 16, i got a message from old friends, who were joining into a batallion in Ukraine, i kind of had fallen out of my normal life and was not even living at home anymore, basically i had no purpose in life and nothing to do or planned to do so i just quit everything and picked up my stuff and went there ...

I went a bit beyond what i should have said lol, oh well, that's about all i can say and this is not really a secret, it's known info anyways, but from here on my mouth is
    Thanks for filling us in on this Mashika!
    That's one way to grow up overnight, that's for sure.

I happened to be in Donetsk right around that time too, but just as a tourist.
    I also made it to Moscow, the same time Snowden was holed up at the airport for a month or so.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DaveToo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), Ewan (26th May 2022), Franny (26th May 2022), Harmony (28th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), Mashika (26th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), shaberon (26th May 2022), Tintin (26th May 2022), XelNaga (26th May 2022)

13. Link to Post #3047
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,089 times in 4,065 posts

So i suppose that was an example of how to do something to change things, without violence and without marching or complaining at all. That's more like the kind of stuff i think about

That's not bad.

But you see, I didn't have to lift a finger.

The on-the-ground fact in America is that the office called the Sheriff basically "is" the law in a local area. This is why I do not want Antifa to "smash up" the court system. I can sit here with 100 minor courts and the State and the Federal can just go die and I really do not care.

This is not a city policeman. Has nothing to do with that. Cities and municipalities are corporations.

I do not know what the equivalent in Europe might be. This is English, a "county" is the territory ruled by a Count, which is approximately how far you can go on a horse in one day. The places we have are usually named after powerful English lords. Anyway, as far as the mask goes, where I live is a chain of eight or ten counties in a row where the Sheriffs personally said "this is not enforceable, and it may not be Constitutional".

Nobody really has to do a single thing the President says.

I committed a felony, got a ticket, and it was thrown out of court.

That's because I know how to deal with Sheriff's men. Guess what? Another time, they told us we "should have killed" a certain person.

Sure, I can do small things along those lines, but that hasn't stopped some idiot from trying to tell a healthy person to put on a mask to begin with.

Things I see blow my mind because not a single person has provoked me on any kind of issue like that since...I can't even remember the last time anyone tried to challenge me with stupid ideas. I have no idea how many times I may have violated the law while that was happening. I have to sit here and remind myself that Spain is a place where riot squads step on your head.

I am lost about the more than last twenty years because I never found anyone that really said "we must fight" in Yugoslavia, Iraq, etc., I have never found anything beyond the level of "this is happening". Because I never found anybody who believed in this strategy, I have not argued a single person out of it.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), Ewan (26th May 2022), Franny (26th May 2022), Gwin Ru (26th May 2022), Harmony (28th May 2022), Mashika (26th May 2022), pounamuknight (27th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), Tintin (26th May 2022), XelNaga (26th May 2022)

15. Link to Post #3048
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

https://t.me/rentv_news/49271

Quote The Azov militants who surrendered (banned in the Russian Federation) did not bother to bury their dead comrades. The bodies were simply dumped in the cellars, where they decomposed during the entire time of the assault on Azovstal.

Izvestia correspondent Roman Polshakov saw a terrible picture. In total, according to the correspondent's calculations, the bodies of about 300 people are in the bags. The Ukrainian side refused to recognize them as losses of its armed formations and to take them out of the territory of Azovstal.
    Tired

16. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), Ewan (26th May 2022), Franny (26th May 2022), Gwin Ru (26th May 2022), Harmony (28th May 2022), Ivanhoe (26th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), Mike Gorman (26th May 2022), pounamuknight (27th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), shaberon (26th May 2022), Snoweagle (26th May 2022), Tintin (26th May 2022), Vicus (26th May 2022), XelNaga (26th May 2022)

17. Link to Post #3049
    Thanks

So we requested help from Russia and then begged for it, and nothing came our way, no ammo, no shells, no commanders or anything at all, they turned out to be more interested in the strategic Crimea region, and so we started retreating and dying slowly (you can't fight without bullets or medicine, or shells or equipment/troop replacements in general) until the idiotic Minsk agreements put a temporary stop to all of it

We understand you.

From what we have been able to track, Russia was simply not in a position to do anything concrete until the past year or two. Numerous reasons. Like the number and quality of high-precision missiles. I haven't seen anything about them going off target. There was one in Odessa which they say was intercepted, but still it looks like the engines and maybe even the warhead went off in some apartments.

If millions of AK rounds went into Donbass earlier, would it not have encouraged everyone to throw themselves in a grinder?

Russia really pulled an eleventh hour move. I cannot remember when anyone ever attacked what looked like an invading army about a week before it came over. I had really been wondering about "acquiescence" for a long time, not necessarily Russia, but when is anyone going to stick a fork in the eye of the monopolar cyclops?

And so I think we have to credit them with some pretty careful planning and development. Over a large number of years, they had to pay off some big debts, reduce U. S. Treasury Bonds, and whatever else is done on that planet. And so now we see a largely self-sufficient country which has surplus for export of several kinds. It is almost an enviable position. This despite Covid, which seems to have dwindled there.

It seems to me that if they had gotten involved much earlier, something could have gone wrong. For the most part, everything now seems to be "effective".

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), Ewan (26th May 2022), Gwin Ru (26th May 2022), Ivanhoe (26th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), Mashika (26th May 2022), pounamuknight (27th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), Snoweagle (26th May 2022), Tintin (26th May 2022), Vicus (26th May 2022), XelNaga (26th May 2022)

19. Link to Post #3050
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    So i suppose that was an example of how to do something to change things, without violence and without marching or complaining at all. That's more like the kind of stuff i think about

That's not bad.

But you see, I didn't have to lift a finger.

The on-the-ground fact in America is that the office called the Sheriff basically "is" the law in a local area. This is why I do not want Antifa to "smash up" the court system. I can sit here with 100 minor courts and the State and the Federal can just go die and I really do not care.

This is not a city policeman. Has nothing to do with that. Cities and municipalities are corporations.

I do not know what the equivalent in Europe might be. This is English, a "county" is the territory ruled by a Count, which is approximately how far you can go on a horse in one day. The places we have are usually named after powerful English lords. Anyway, as far as the mask goes, where I live is a chain of eight or ten counties in a row where the Sheriffs personally said "this is not enforceable, and it may not be Constitutional".

Nobody really has to do a single thing the President says.

I committed a felony, got a ticket, and it was thrown out of court.

That's because I know how to deal with Sheriff's men. Guess what? Another time, they told us we "should have killed" a certain person.

Sure, I can do small things along those lines, but that hasn't stopped some idiot from trying to tell a healthy person to put on a mask to begin with.

Things I see blow my mind because not a single person has provoked me on any kind of issue like that since...I can't even remember the last time anyone tried to challenge me with stupid ideas. I have no idea how many times I may have violated the law while that was happening. I have to sit here and remind myself that Spain is a place where riot squads step on your head.

I am lost about the more than last twenty years because I never found anyone that really said "we must fight" in Yugoslavia, Iraq, etc., I have never found anything beyond the level of "this is happening". Because I never found anybody who believed in this strategy, I have not argued a single person out of it.
    Quote But you see, I didn't have to lift a finger.

As a rule of 'thumb' (talking about fingers lol) i have this one i always keep in mind:

If you have not done the work around a task but still got completed, someone else did the work for you

I think we all live through similar realities and situations, we did not had to do anything but to continue our lives, then other people did the risk and work of getting that ridiculous mandate removed, we just kept going as usual and no one bothered us, so i also had no need to move a finger, someone else took care of the issue for me. It's just the same all around i suppose. "Nothing is free in this life" and "Everything has a price"

I think, somehow it means that we are always moving parts of a reality, in which sometimes we are the handlers, and next moment we are the pieces being handled or affected, in a way
    Tired

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), Ewan (26th May 2022), Gwin Ru (26th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), pounamuknight (27th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), shaberon (26th May 2022), Snoweagle (26th May 2022), Tintin (26th May 2022), Vicus (26th May 2022), XelNaga (26th May 2022)

21. Link to Post #3051
    Thanks

The same theme was presented again today as Vatican Hatred and Russophobia from the point of view of Serbia. I don't know enough about that place to try to contend with the majority of it, and then we are not told anything about the Vatican really, it does not have much to do with the way the title sounds. But sometimes there are a few comments that may help focus something.

Most responses say that Catholic doctrines or influence are historical, have nothing to do with Protestant Imperialism. But that is almost entirely a ruse, since it is subliminal. It is already in place, via hospitals, universities, etc., not the Inquisition. However one related response says:

The Catholic/Orthodox rivalry that burns with the power of 1000 suns is between Poles and Russians, and in my experience Russians hate Poles as much as the reverse.

Maybe so. Do Italian Catholics come pre-loaded with auto-hate? I have been told most of them are "barely" Catholic, and quite a few do not have a Bible at home. The Great Schism might mean more to me than it does to them. Historically, maybe so, but now?

Aren't the Polish the Sarmatians, having the last evidence of head binding/conical skulls ca. 800?

Is that, generally true, that there is a "Polish problem" which happens to have religion wrapped around it?

I don't know. Over here, I had to look up what the Pope was, he is the guy that in 1870 claimed to always be right about everything. Others say they spent considerable effort trying to get out of his grasp. They went out and invented the zither, the typewriter, and Lake Blue #5 and Judeo-Christianity or something. Is that a thing? How can it be a thing? I thought it would be a thing if someone seriously believed they looked up grandpa in the book of Methuselah, and he had a feud with someone whose name you can't read, but it matches some Cyrillic place on a map, so those are evil.

I haven't come across anything yet. It will probably send me to Turkey, taking at least six tries to be able to pronounce someone's name, before I know whether or not we are in trouble. That's as close as I come. But another one of the responses may be telling us something.

First of all I am not sure there is an American Zionism which is in any way peculiar. I can say that I believe it has a somewhat substantial dedicated following. Many millions. I don't know what it takes to become an expert. I feel that anything that resembles a Crusade is preposterous. This is not well written but the guy seemed to be saying his personal experience was the same as in a book published by a Dr. Cantelon:

American Christian Zionism says about Russia?

Unless one understands the prophecy of Ezekiel 38 and 39 about Gog and Magog one will never really come to grips with the Russophobia and Germaphobia. I grew up being told that these two nations represent the Gog and Magog of Ezekiel and with the bloodshed of two world wars with the rise of Stalin who hated everything religion and Hitler and then the rise of the Iron Curtain...

“Little do the atheistic armies of Russia realize as they march toward Palestine, that they are marching toward their own destruction. Lucifer’s reign as Prince of this World is about to end. His time has finally run out. The prophet Ezekiel tells how God views this final act and says,

Thus saith the Lord God; in that day when my people of Israel dwell safely, shalt thou not know it? and thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts–a great company, and a mighty army: And thou shalt come against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; in shall be in the latter days. Ezekiel38:14-16

Two verses later, the prophet describes God’s fury and in verse 22, he tells of the fire from heaven that destroys the armies of Russia and her allies.

Now Cantelon was no Christian Zionist, was Oxford trained and was an advisor to the President of the US etc etc. He passed away at the turn of the millennium.

But this is how strong this belief held sway and still does in the West and it has to stop. I should know i wrote the book on the subject Lies, all Lies!! It was required of me by God.

Is that what they believe?

It is totally separate from the Jews going to Israel, it is aimed right at Russia and Germany??

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), Ewan (26th May 2022), Gwin Ru (26th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), Mashika (26th May 2022), pounamuknight (27th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), Snoweagle (26th May 2022), Tintin (26th May 2022)

23. Link to Post #3052
    Thanks

...we just kept going as usual and no one bothered us...

Let's not jump to conclusions

No one has bothered me with some stupid belief like we see in the press and talk about on the forum, which is why I am saying, we, the public, are way more dangerous than the police, because I can start to rattle off problems almost anywhere I go. There are a gazillion daily stupid problems, because these people do all kinds of things on a personal level.

While I was not wearing a mask, things like that were happening.

I would have to say the shutdown ruined any chance of normalcy for quite some time. I have the physical ability to go anywhere as normal, but no way to resolve other situations.

Quote I think, somehow it means that we are always moving parts of a reality, in which sometimes we are the handlers, and next moment we are the pieces being handled or affected, in a way

Yes, it is true in various ways, psychologically, or level of force.

I handled something, neglected it for a while, but then it made fruit last year: Russian Pomegranate.

If anyone has not had one, start smacking yourself in the face with a monkey wrench until you do.

These people provided me with something awesome that otherwise I would not have. Will it outlive me? I might die of neglect over the winter without its delicious tidbits. I hope that it gets so big that it goes up in the area above where it is. Then I will make someone else do all the work. And then go get more trees. If I had known I was going to live this long, I would already have bought them when I was a kid.

On the other hand, if I go out, and there is a lack of Russian horticulture for some stupid reason, I might have to "say something".

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), Ewan (26th May 2022), Gwin Ru (26th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), Mashika (26th May 2022), pounamuknight (27th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), Snoweagle (26th May 2022), Tintin (26th May 2022), Vicus (26th May 2022)

25. Link to Post #3053
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,016 times in 2,210 posts

saw this on the Infowars site and thought it might signal a couple of things... desperation setting in for the Zelensky Home Team... and a hint of retreat by the NWO Billionaire Coterie...??

https://www.infowars.com/posts/go-fk...ern-officials/

Quote Ukrainian presidential adviser Alexey Arestovich resorted to obscene language to criticize those in the West urging Kiev to cede part of the country’s territory to Russia for the sake of peace.

“Go f**k yourselves with such proposals, you dumb f**ks, to trade Ukrainian territory a little bit! Are you f**king crazy? Our children are dying, soldiers are stopping shells with their own bodies, and they are telling us how to sacrifice our territories. This will never happen,”Arestovich said in an interview on Wednesday.

Arestovich criticized the logic of “bleating”voices encouraging Ukraine “to curb its appetite”and to give Russia the territories it supposedly wants, as this would allow Kiev to “establish a comprehensive peace and to return to business as usual.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another adviser of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Mikhail Podoliak, took to Telegram on Wednesday to address the “pro-Russian lobbyists in Europe.”

“We do not sell our citizens, territories or sovereignty. This is a clear red line. Ukrainian society has paid a terrible price and will not allow anyone to even take a step in this direction – no government and no country,” Podoliak said.

While no one wants a long military action or a food crisis, “the shortest way to end the war is with weapons, sanctions and financial assistance to Ukraine,” he argued.
    well... flooding the country with weapons doesn't seem to be 'working' because they have to be transported safely, stored safely and from what I gather quite a bit of training is needed to use them by a diminishing number of active army and mercenaries on the Ukraine side... sanctions on Russia seem to have failed to affect the Special Military Operation... and I expect vast amounts of money going into Ukraine is being diverted to corrupt officials including the Zelensky Regime...

also from the Infowars article...

Quote The statements from Arestovich and Podoliak come after former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger spoke at the World Economic Forum in Davos on Monday. Kissinger urged Ukraine to make peace quickly and seek a return to the way things were before February.
    maybe the Neo Royalty - wanna~be world Dictators gathered at Davos are realizing they have pushed Russia too far and now their totally undemocratic plans for a One World Government etcetera are threatened by events unfolding in Ukraine.... if Russia (and China and India and others) don't play their NWO games they are not going to progress much further and they've come to a serious bump in the road...
    Last edited by jaybee; 26th May 2022 at 08:13.

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), Ewan (26th May 2022), Gwin Ru (26th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), Mashika (26th May 2022), Peace in Oz (26th May 2022), pounamuknight (27th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), shaberon (26th May 2022), Snoweagle (26th May 2022), sunflower (26th May 2022), Tintin (26th May 2022), Vicus (26th May 2022)

27. Link to Post #3054
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,765 times in 5,531 posts

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    If you are not happy or proud of your country, then change it, do something, go out, stop complaining like an idiot and actually go out and do something about it. Or shut up or go away in silence and stop talking about it

This is like a global malaise. Same thing here!

Same as I saw from the late Andre Vitchek who grew up mostly around Pilsen. He gave a lot of articles about how most eastern European countries were so eager to embrace Liberal Democracy, and once it hit the ground and devoured their cultures, recent figures show that 86% of Bulgarians are against Democracy.

But it is the same as here, and, what you have said is basically what people have always told me.

I still do not know what to "do", and, every possible metric will show that we have been going exactly backwards ever since I learned to talk. Otherwise they would not have liberalized Czech, Bulgaria, etc., in fact it will be difficult to find any moves ever made that "represent me". I have only been able to get by with this basic division:

Outer world: you can keep quiet, or you can complain. Anything that sounds like approval or that there might be something good about it, is a lie.

Inner world: this is where the good stuff lives, and the only direction with a better conversation.

I am not sure if every generation simply must be rebellious for its own sake; Thomas Jefferson said we should perhaps have a revolution every generation. But mixed-up angry energy of youth is captured and used by "color revolutions" and so on. Nevertheless, having gone beyond the point where I could possibly be involved with "youthful rebellion", it still seems to me that something on that scale is necessary. But it would have to be more purposeful than Antifa mobs.
    UK Column News here on Monday 23rd ran an interesting segment from a Nexus Instuut interview with Aleksandr Dugin where, my paraphrase, he states that liberalism/liberal democracy taken to its inevitable extreme leads to totalitarianism where traditional cultural and social values are in absentia. That's a very light summary.

Here's the link:

It's stamped at 33:30 on the UK Column programme
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), bluestflame (26th May 2022), Gwin Ru (26th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), Mashika (27th May 2022), pounamuknight (27th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), shaberon (26th May 2022), Snoweagle (26th May 2022), sunflower (26th May 2022), Vangelo (26th May 2022), Vicus (26th May 2022)

29. Link to Post #3055
    Language
    English
    Thanks

From Scott Ritter's Telegram channel confirming the transport of Howitzers across the Polish border into Ukraine. He has recently mentioned this in his video interviews and presentations. Here's a clip:

Last edited by Tintin; 26th May 2022 at 13:46.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), bluestflame (26th May 2022), Gwin Ru (26th May 2022), Ivanhoe (26th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), Kryztian (26th May 2022), Mashika (27th May 2022), pounamuknight (27th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), shaberon (26th May 2022), Yoda (26th May 2022)

31. Link to Post #3056
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ravenlocke (here)
    https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/st...25928676372488

https://twitter.com/caitoz/status/1529582781214232578
    Not to worry, I've had it saved in our library for some while now,

https://avalonlibrary.net/Ukraine/Vi...BTITLES%29.mp3

32. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), bluestflame (26th May 2022), Gwin Ru (26th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), Kryztian (27th May 2022), Mashika (27th May 2022), mountain_jim (26th May 2022), pounamuknight (27th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), shaberon (26th May 2022), Vicus (26th May 2022)

33. Link to Post #3057
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Maria Zakharova's briefing from May 25th 2022:

Source: Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Министерство иностранных дел Российской Федерации

Briefing by Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova, Moscow, May 25, 2022

Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov’s interview with RT Arabic

Tomorrow, on May 26, at approximately 8 pm, the RT Arabic channel will air an interview with the Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov during the weekly news and analysis programme, One Word.

The conversation took more than one word. It was long and interesting. Most topical issues were covered and upcoming foreign visits were announced.

The text and video of the interview will be available on the internet accounts of the Ministry.

Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov’s participation in the 38th meeting of the Council of Region Heads of the Russian Federation under the Foreign Ministry

On May 27, Sergey Lavrov will chair the 38th meeting of the Council of Region Heads of the Russian Federation under the Foreign Ministry in the Foreign Ministry house. Taking part in it will be governors sitting on the council, senior officials of the Presidential Executive Office and federal executive bodies.

The main topic on the agenda is the cooperation of Russian regions with civil society institutions in order to promote Russia's foreign policy interests.

In the context of globalisation, international ties between noncommercial organisations, especially networks, play an increasingly important role and serve as a soft power tool that effectively supplements and expands the possibilities of interstate channels of communication.

The event’s goal is to discuss and outline measures to enhance the use of the domestic NPO community’s potential, primarily its regional segment, to address foreign policy problems. First of all, we are talking about mobilising the resources of public diplomacy to support Russia’s special military operation in Ukraine, in particular, to help solve humanitarian problems, as well as to overcome the challenges associated with the total pressure of the “collective West” on our country, our fellow citizens and compatriots abroad.

It is expected that recommendations aimed at achieving practical results will be developed following the meeting.

Presentation of the Vologda Region

On June 2, the Cultural Centre of the Foreign Ministry’s Main Administration for Service to the Diplomatic Corps (GlavUpDK, 5 Olof Palme Street) will host a presentation of the economic, investment and tourism potential of the Vologda Region. An exhibition demonstrating the region’s achievements in various areas of socioeconomic development, as well as its history, culture and nature, will be presented there.

The presentation will feature regional and federal officials, diplomats, businesspeople, and Russian and foreign journalists.

Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Governor of the Vologda Region Oleg Kuvshinnikov are to deliver speeches at the event.

Update on Ukraine

Yesterday, May 24, 2022, marked three months since the start of the special military operation in Ukraine. During this time, almost all territory of the LPR, a considerable part of the DPR, the entire Kherson Region and big parts of the Kharkov and Zaporozhye regions have been liberated. Peaceful life is being restored on the territories freed from the neo-Nazis. People are restoring the economy and industry, building infrastructure, launching enterprises, and opening schools, kindergartens, outpatient clinics and hospitals. On May 24, 2022, Russian sappers demined the port of Mariupol. Specialists from the Black Sea Fleet removed a Ukrainian border patrol ship sunk by the Azov battalion from the waterway, which allowed five foreign vessels to ship out.

The surrender of militants who were hiding at the Azovstal plant was completed on May 20. It lasted since May 16. After staying in the plant’s underground for a month, 2,439 Ukrainian nationalists laid down arms and were taken prisoner. All of them are staying in the DPR. The wounded were put for in-patient treatment into a hospital in Novoazovsk. The rest are in the pre-trial detention centre of Yelenovka in the suburbs of Donetsk. Their crimes will not go unpunished. The DPR leaders are planning to establish in the republic an international tribunal for the trial of nationalists from Azovstal. At present, lawyers are drafting its charter. We welcome this initiative.

Russia continues paying close attention to the delivery of humanitarian aid to the LPR, the DPR and Ukraine’s liberated areas, which have already received almost 22,000 tonnes of humanitarian cargoes. Every day, the Russian Defence Ministry announces the opening of safe corridors for safe evacuation of civilians both eastward and westward.

Although Kiev has de facto blocked evacuation to Russia, about 1.4 million people, including almost 240,000 children, arrived in our country. Another 2.7 million people expressed their desire to evacuate to Russia, the DPR and the LPR or the liberated Ukrainian areas.

Every day, we witness new examples of criminal activities by the Kiev regime. It was reported the other day that Ukrainian security services staged another provocation in the area of Mazanovka (DPR). They detonated a land mine with ammonium nitrate. The Investigative Committee of Russia intends to investigate the circumstances of this crime. Every day, the Armed Forces of Ukraine are shelling residential areas of the DPR and the LPR, killing and wounding civilians. Civilians are being used as a living shield, while imprisoned soldiers are subjected to cruel torture. This looks particularly savage given the medical aid rendered by Russian doctors to surrendered Ukrainian army personnel and mercenaries of nationalist units.

The political steps taken by the Kiev regime also reveal its neo-Nazi character. Several days ago, the Verkhovna Rada voted for the country’s withdrawal from the Agreement on Perpetuating the Memory of the Courage and Heroism of the Peoples of the CIS Countries During the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945. On May 23, 2022, President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky signed a law on confiscating the assets of Ukrainian citizens that support the Russian military operation. A draft law on amendments to the Law on Government Cleansing was submitted to Ukrainian parliament. It provides for the screening of all deputies of the sixth and seventh convocations who voted for the 2010 Kharkov agreements allowing the Russian Black Sea Fleet to stay on Ukrainian territory until 2042 and for the “dictatorial laws” of January 16, 2014.

Statements by advisor to the Ukrainian Presidential Office Mikhail Podolyak, who took part in the talks on settling the situation in Ukraine, have made everything abundantly clear (if this is required at all). He directly threatens to deal with the population of the freed areas in the Kherson, Kharkov and Zaporozhye regions if the Kiev authorities return there. He promised to punish cruelly the “collaborationists” and the Russian military and demands that people in the Kharkov Region, the DPR and the LPR forget the word “Russians” altogether.

We understand whose orders Podolyak and his ilk are carrying out. The former US President said that Ukraine’s mission is to kill as many Russians as possible. This was a surprise only to those who did not understand what was happening in the last few years. The logic driving the actions of the Kiev regime and its curators was clear to those who followed the developments. This was a clear statement and we continue hearing similar pronouncements. They did not begin in February 2022 but were heard constantly. Some people did not want to hear them and take them seriously, considering it all a bluff. They thought something was unclear. But there was no misunderstanding. Everything is clear.

The United States and its NATO allies are doing all they can to drag out the special military operation and make the confrontation as bloody as possible. Fearing the complete rout of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, over 30 states – mostly the NATO countries – are supplying Ukraine with military aid worth tens of billions of dollars. They continue expanding the range of supplied weapons that already include large caliber artillery and multiple-launch rocket systems (this is apropos democracy and its whims).

That said, the Westerners admit their inability to identify the end users of weapons and guarantee their exclusive use by the Armed Forces of Ukraine. There is a growing risk that these weapons may land in the black market and be acquired by criminal groups throughout the world. This was the case in Syria where military aid to the Syrian opposition (called “moderate”) wound up in the hands of ISIS or was sold on the black market. They spread not only in the Middle East but further to Europe.

The encouragement of Ukrainian nationalism by its western sponsors is further radicalising the militants fighting in Ukraine. The number of foreign mercenaries in their ranks is growing. Eventually, these mercenaries will return to their countries (if they are lucky) where they will use the military experience received on the field of battle. This has always been the case. History teaches us. We just have to remember it.

The special military operation will continue despite sanctions pressure and support for Ukraine from the West. All goals and tasks on protecting the DPR and the LPR, demilitarising and denazifying Ukraine and eliminating threats to Russia will be fulfilled.

Anti-Russia statements by Greek leaders

We are compelled to draw attention to new instances of provocative behaviour by official representatives of Athens, particularly the statements by the head of the Greek government, Prime Minister of Greece Kyriakos Mitsotakis, addressed to Russia and its leadership, which he made during his visit to Washington on May 16-17, 2022.

We noted a strange set of historical “analogies” used by the author. The national liberation struggle of the Greeks that took place 200 years ago was equated with the criminal actions of the Kiev regime, which fought against its own citizens in Donbass for eight years. It is hard to believe that the Nazis from the Azov battalion were placed alongside with heroic defenders of the Greek fortress of Messolonghi in 1825-1826, among which there were Russian philhellenes – a monument was erected to them in the city. Such remarks sound especially blasphemous against the backdrop of the selfless struggle of the Greek Resistance against the Nazi invaders during the Second World War.

In fact, this is just the latest attempt by Athens to justify its deeply erroneous decision to eagerly volunteer for the West’s anti-Russia front, and to be among the first to send weapons to Kiev, using which the Armed Forces of Ukraine daily shell the civilian population of Donbass and kill people in Donetsk, Rubezhnoye, Avdeyevka and other towns. The West is generally diligent about hushing up inconvenient truths. Therefore, democratic Greece, where, as we are assured, complete freedom of speech reigns and everyone can publish literally everything, banned the Russian media outlets Sputnik and Russia Today, and, just in case, is shamefully trying to “cancel” Russian culture.

The Greek leadership diligently repeats perverted interpretations of Russia’s actions, which, after unsuccessful attempts to achieve a peaceful settlement of the intra-Ukrainian conflict, is forced to stand up for the Russian-speaking population of Ukraine, including in the general context of security in the region and the world. We are groundlessly accused of neo-imperial ambitions, revisionism, and aggressive enforcement of certain territorial claims stemming from someone’s historical fantasies. A long list of groundless claims has once again been presented categorically and offhand, and an alternative view is excluded, since Russian media are excluded from the Greek information space.

It is obvious that such statements are designed to once again consolidate the Western public’s unified views on the events in Ukraine and around it and serve as a password to prove that Athens is faithful to US-NATO rules and guidelines. This explains the arguments about the “new meanings” acquired by NATO, the justification for continuing to spread along Russia’s borders, and the growth of US military infrastructure in Greece itself.

The emerging new challenges have met with adequate responses from the Russian side.

Presentation of a booklet titled Kiev Regime’s War Crimes: Eyewitness Evidence

At 2.30 p.m. (approximately) on May 25, a news conference on eyewitness evidence of the Kiev regime’s war crimes will be held at the Rossiya Segodnya press centre.

It will include a presentation of booklets prepared by Rossotrudnichestvo and the Democracy Research Foundation. They contain irrefutable proof of the manifestations and encouragement of Nazism at the government level in Ukraine, excerpts from interviews with the affected Mariupol and Volnovakha residents, and an assessment of events from the point of view of international law. These booklets are available in English, Russian and Spanish for informing the general public abroad about these facts.

Taking part in the news conference will be Head of Rossotrudnichestvo Yevgeny Primakov, Deputy Speaker of the State Duma Pyotr Tolstoy, war correspondent Dmitry Steshin, Executive Director of Rossiya Segodnya media group Kirill Vyshinsky, Director of the Democracy Research Foundation and member of Russia’s Civic Chamber Maxim Grigoryev, and journalist, publicist and public figure Armen Gasparyan.

We invite everyone to watch the online news conference, which will be streamed in Russian and English on our internet resources.

The booklet on Churchill and Roosevelt’s views on the Red Army’s role in defeating Nazi Germany

We would like to tell you about a booklet titled Winston Churchill and Franklin D. Roosevelt on the Red Army’s Role in Defeating Nazi Germany. Monuments to Red Army soldiers are being demolished in the countries of the “collective West” and those siding with them. I would recommend that everyone reads what the leaders of the anti-Hitler coalition thought about the Red Army. The booklet has been prepared by the Foreign Ministry’s Department of History and Records jointly with the Novosibirsk Publishers.

The goal of this booklet is to objectively demonstrate, without any bias and based on archival documents and official transcripts, what the leaders of two great powers thought about the key role of the Soviet Union in defeating Nazi Germany. The booklet has been published in Russian and English and covers the period from 1941 to 1945.

The focus is on correspondence between the Big Troika leaders during WWII, their radio addresses to their nations, and the statements they made during the Tehran and Crimea conferences. The booklet includes archival photographs, declarations, communiques and other legal acts.

The unbiased views of Winston Churchill and Franklin D. Roosevelt on the Soviet Union’s contribution to routing the Third Reich, which are provided in the booklet, differ dramatically from the politicised position of the current Western leaders.

There must be a reason for this position. How do they explain it? Do they refer to continuity or say that their policy is based on historical facts that were legally formalised during the Nuremberg Trials? No, they are acting contrary to historical facts and the statements made by their compatriots who directly supervised those events. The documents provided in the booklet offer a chronicle of the battles waged by the Soviet troops.

During a difficult stage early in the war, in April 1942, US President Franklin D. Roosevelt said in a radio address to the nation: “These Russian forces have destroyed and are destroying more armed power of our enemies – troops, planes, tanks and guns – than all the other United Nations put together.”

On February 20, 1945, after the end of the Crimea Conference, Winston Churchill wrote to Stalin: “Future generations will acknowledge their debt to the Red Army as unreservedly as do we who have lived to witness these proud achievements.”

The booklet is available online on the Ministry’s website in the section of archival and documentary sources. It is designed for the general public interested in the history of World War II.

The detention of our compatriot Semyon Boikov in Australia

On May 16, 2022, Trans-Baikal Cossack Ataman [Chieftain] Semyon Boikov, who lives in Australia, was reportedly detained by Sydney police. He is charged with violating a court order on the non-disclosure of confidential information after he spoke at a pre-election rally, which was organised in support of independent politicians, about the local authorities imposing a symbolic sentence on a man accused of the sexual abuse of minors.

Our compatriot Semyon Boikov is a popular public figure in Australia, whose activities are drawing the attention of tens of thousands of followers on social media. He characteristically takes a principled approach to many burning issues relating to domestic developments in Australia and international politics, being invariably ready to speak out publicly about his civic position. The opinion of the descendant of Trans-Baikal Cossacks is weighty, and he has a large audience due to, among other things, his uncompromising position on a number of issues relating to traditional values. Considering his position, one can conclude that it represents a real problem in Australia. In particular, this is evidenced by the failure of the Scott Morrison-led Liberal-National Coalition, which is known for numerous scandals involving violence against women, at the parliamentary elections held on May 21.

It is noteworthy that the Australian court decided to postpone hearing the Boikov case until June 30, leaving Semyon Boikov in jail until that time. The refusal to grant his appeal for release on bail pending trial was obviously politically motivated, that is, he was denied a standard procedure in Anglo-Saxon law. This conspicuous severity is completely unjustified and is sending the wrong signal to the public because it is the people whom he censured – those who abuse minors – that should be sent to prison or forced to undergo treatment, and not those who denounce them.

On the other hand, we regard this case as an obvious willingness to subject our proactive compatriot to additional punishment, which serves as yet another example of double standards and a biased attitude to those who exercise the right to freely express their views, which are not consonant with the Russophobic mainstream that prevails in Australia today. The more liberal statements are the more totalitarian trends the collective West countries demonstrate in practice.

People of good sense in Australian society and our compatriots living in that country are demanding that Semyon Boikov be released as soon as possible and that the Australian repressive agencies stop persecuting the man.

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), gs_powered (26th May 2022), Gwin Ru (26th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), Mashika (27th May 2022), pounamuknight (27th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), shaberon (26th May 2022), Snoweagle (26th May 2022), Vicus (26th May 2022), Yoda (26th May 2022)

35. Link to Post #3058
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,464 times in 32,924 posts

Quote Posted by Tintin (here)
    From Scott Ritter's Telegram channel confirming the transport of Howitzers across the Polish border into Ukraine. He has recently mentioned this in his video interviews and presentations. Here's a clip:

Here's Jacob Dreizin with his own commentary on the question:

36. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Gwin Ru (26th May 2022), kfm27917 (26th May 2022), Kryztian (27th May 2022), Mashika (27th May 2022), meat suit (27th May 2022), pounamuknight (27th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), shaberon (26th May 2022), Tintin (26th May 2022), Vicus (27th May 2022), Yoda (26th May 2022)

37. Link to Post #3059
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,464 times in 32,924 posts

Gonzalo Lira makes a convincing and intelligently argued case that following the inevitable military defeat in Donbass, Zelensky will face the high probability of an internal military coup against him.

The reason for that would be that his hardline obedience of Washington's micromanaging orders are doing nothing but getting more and more Ukrainian soldiers killed, to zero strategic benefit to anyone who really cares about Ukraine. For those following all this closely, it's thought-provoking and well worth listening to. (14 mins)

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (26th May 2022), DaveToo (26th May 2022), Kryztian (27th May 2022), Mashika (27th May 2022), mountain_jim (27th May 2022), pounamuknight (27th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Snoweagle (28th May 2022), Spirithorse (27th May 2022), Tintin (26th May 2022), Vicus (26th May 2022), Yoda (26th May 2022)

39. Link to Post #3060
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tintin (here)
    UK Column News here on Monday 23rd ran an interesting segment from a Nexus Instuut interview with Aleksandr Dugin where, my paraphrase, he states that liberalism/liberal democracy taken to its inevitable extreme leads to totalitarianism where traditional cultural and social values are in absentia. That's a very light summary.

Yeppers--running story. Came out in Israel, 1952, as Totalitarian Democracy, beginning with a critique of Rousseau.

"You cannot be a citizen and a Christian at the same time," says Talmon, referring to Rousseau's arguments, "for the loyalties clash."

Long article; same basis as William Engdahl and Sheldon Wolin's recent book.

There are twists and turns depending on what specific word might mean what kind of government, but, overall, the principle is top-down rule, with the mocking tease that a "right to vote" affects policy.

Again the original U. S. is *not* a Democracy and has *no* citizens. For my purposes, I would just erase "totalitarian" off of the key phrase. I do not understand why "democracy" is spoken of by someone in any country, since it has this undesirable outcome.

Unlike political theories, things that are a matter of law depend very specifically on words. For instance, what was created here is not "a Republic", but a Republican form of government:

Unlike the democratic form of government, in which the powers of sovereignty are vested in the whole body of free citizens, individuals retain sovereign prerogatives over their private property rights (absolute ownership) of their person, labor and property.

It is a common error to assume that a republic is synonymous with a republican form of government. Many are misled to assume that the republican form is merely a populist democracy limited by a constitution. In fact, exercising political liberty (voting and holding office) requires one to step down in status, changing from the republican form to the democratic form.

Another misconception is that elected officials in the legislature are representatives of the people at large. In fact, they can only represent constituents, i.e., citizens / voters who gave consent, thus power of attorney to bind them to obedience. In a republican form, the individual's delegated representative who exercises power on his behalf, in defense of his life, liberty or property rights is not the legislature but the appropriate executive officer. A sheriff, if within a county, is his representative. Or an ambassador is his representative, if within a foreign nation.

That is the side we "should" be on, which is fairly harmless, but because we have Democracy, we are paying through the nose to tear up other countries. Russia is probably not going to fix this part. Up to us.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Alecs (26th May 2022), Bill Ryan (26th May 2022), Mashika (27th May 2022), pounamuknight (27th May 2022), Ravenlocke (26th May 2022), Reinhard (26th May 2022), Snoweagle (28th May 2022), Tintin (26th May 2022), Vicus (26th May 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 715 FirstFirst 1 53 103 143 153 163 203 253 653 715 LastLast