Thread: The Day of Judgement

1. Link to Post #1
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 times in 467 posts

Default The Day of Judgement

What's your thought of the Day of Judgement (or Day of Recompense, or Day of Resurrection)

[82 : 1] When the sky breaks apart
    [82 : 2] And when the stars fall, scattering
    [82 : 3] And when the seas are erupted
    [82 : 4] And when the graves are scattered
    [82 : 5] A soul will know what it has put forth and kept back.

Psalm 50:4
    He summons the heavens above and the earth, that He may judge his people
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 10th October 2022 at 05:21.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

happyuk (11th October 2022), haroldsails (11th October 2022), Inversion (10th October 2022), joe1964 (10th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (11th October 2022), Mike (10th October 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Taiwan Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: The Day of Judgement

That is unavoidable for all of us, we will be judged, for our good and our bad. I can only have faith that my Saviour, Jesus Christ will have mercy on me.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joe1964 For This Post:

Antagenet (11th October 2022), happyuk (11th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (11th October 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks

I agree about the first part, but why do you think that the Judgement will come from Jesus, when Jesus himself claimed to have a God ?!

John 20:17
    Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God".

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Antagenet (11th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (11th October 2022), Olaf (10th October 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Taiwan Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

That is a totally different topic altogether and for the sake of this thread, best not answered here.
    Last edited by joe1964; 10th October 2022 at 10:56. Reason: mistake

8. The Following User Says Thank You to joe1964 For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (11th October 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,402 times in 21,107 posts

Exclamation Re: The Day of Judgement

There is no monopoly on genuine spiritually and is beyond any "ism".

Almost all religions think/assume they are "better" than the other ones and visa versa ... there are hundreds of thousands of forums debating religious dogma ad nauseam into infinity >>> so far as I am aware of that is not what Project Avalon is about ... nor is it the main mission of this platform >>> most know that!
    • In my view, those who claim to have the "final word" have severe superiority complex issues.
    • Prime Creator is beyond any human and/or alien made religions.
    ps. this post should definitely not be in the "general discussion" section ...

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 13th October 2022 at 19:29.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (10th October 2022), Nasu (13th October 2022), RedX (11th October 2022), Reinhard (10th October 2022), XelNaga (11th October 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks

Bringing ancient scriptures and discussing them, isn't promoting a specific religion (a word widely misinterpreted), but searching for the truth. There are many ancient texts, in many cultures who mention the Day of Judgement or something similar and everyone is welcomed to bring them here.

To make it clear:

Scriptures = Divine guidance (for those who believe) - one God, one religion, many Scriptures in different times and places.

Religions (that has been wrongly implemented) = Scriptures (with some corrupted parts) + invented rituals + other texts + cultural interpretation. Divide them in many fractions with a group leading them and misusing for their benefit and control and we have a total mess from the original purpose.
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 10th October 2022 at 20:11.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Antagenet (11th October 2022), haroldsails (11th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (11th October 2022), Kryztian (13th October 2022), wondering (11th October 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,585 times in 570 posts

What's so hard to understand about Jesus calling his Father God? Most who believe in the Trinity believe that there are three that are one in the same and one and the same. It's just his way of honoring his Father, who he tells us is ours as well. I wouldn't read too much into an English rewrite of a Greek Translation of an Aramaic/Greek but Koine Greek and thus not modern like at all, bit of text. He also said to the Jews "My Father (Creator) is not Your Father (Yahweh) and yet nobody pays any attention to those verses.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Antagenet (11th October 2022), haroldsails (11th October 2022), Ioneo (10th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (11th October 2022), Rosco1 (11th October 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    China Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 times in 1,022 posts

Once, I believed the prophecy was the day of Judgement. But now, I know I am judged by the law of Karma or Tao.
    The year of 2013 did happen something important.
    I just live every day peacefully and hope to have the chance to live in western New Oasis for Life soon. It is not easy for me to sublimate myself in my immediate circles.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xidaijena For This Post:

Heart to heart (11th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (11th October 2022), Mark (11th October 2022), Starkey (11th October 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member haroldsails's Avatar
    Thanks

In this creation (the cosmos). This infinitesimal bit is dysfunctional. It may be "judged" as not working. I see that as cause and effect. Can't buy into the angry deity idea.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to haroldsails For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (11th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (11th October 2022), wondering (11th October 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jim_Duyer (here)
    He also said to the Jews "My Father (Creator) is not Your Father (Yahweh) and yet nobody pays any attention to those verses.
    Next time you quote a verse, put the reference or do not quote at all. That verse I quoted before was direct speech of Jesus which is important, because the apostles interpretations may have corrupted some parts of Bible. Here is your answer with reference
    Matthew 5:17-19 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad spoke about the same God.
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 11th October 2022 at 03:47.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,357 times in 338 posts

I am pretty sure my creator will be easier on me
    than the daily judgement I tend to pass on myself.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Antagenet For This Post:

ClearWater (11th October 2022), iota (11th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (11th October 2022), Nasu (13th October 2022), XelNaga (11th October 2022)

23. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 times in 998 posts

What's so hard to understand about Jesus calling his Father God? Most who believe in the Trinity believe that there are three that are one in the same and one and the same. It's just his way of honoring his Father, who he tells us is ours as well. I wouldn't read too much into an English rewrite of a Greek Translation of an Aramaic/Greek but Koine Greek and thus not modern like at all, bit of text. He also said to the Jews "My Father (Creator) is not Your Father (Yahweh) and yet nobody pays any attention to those verses.
    Hey friend. No biggie, but I think you forgot three of the magic words that may affect the outcome of your judgement. I have added them, for perspective, to the text of your quote (below). Claiming ‘Fair use’, for educational purposes, my additions are in the block B font. Have un-B’d your post #10 quote text passage for clarity.

All I can say is good luck. I wouldn’t choose judgement as a profession or as a hobby.

Quote Posted by Eagle Eye (here)

I’m offended!. Next time you quote a verse, please put the reference or do not quote at all. That verse I quoted before was direct speech of Jesus which is important, because the apostles interpretations may have corrupted some parts of Bible. Here is your answer with reference
    Matthew 5:17-19 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

24. Link to Post #13
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks

Thanks for the tip but I am not offended nor judging anyone, but if our purpose is to search for the truth, than we must do it right, not speaking our own words and claim it as a verse in the scripture.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,647 times in 2,228 posts

Name:  203630740_10165237964565463_1733572414612439681_n.jpg.4ca731a4ab01193c257b69ba85ad102b.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  41.4 KB

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Alan (11th October 2022), halcyon026 (12th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (11th October 2022), Nasu (13th October 2022), XelNaga (11th October 2022)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 times in 244 posts

Truth can not be found in man-made scriptures. They are here only to deceive and imprison.

They can only point you to the truth, but you must work really hard to find it yourself.

Mainstream religions are for weak and lazy people. Work on yourself and you will find the truth.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Jim_Duyer (12th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (11th October 2022), Open Minded Dude (11th October 2022), pueblo (11th October 2022)

30. Link to Post #16
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 times in 998 posts

Edit: responding to post #13. Can’t believe this thread is so lively. ~8)

I think that words are given power by who speaks them. True words have power, they are substantial. Big difference from just enacted speech, by rote or by quote, not actualized in the speaker. There are a bunch of linguistic cues that the ones that we are talking about are heart-felt. Whatever you think about the topic, I think you should listen into his take. That is all.
    Last edited by Johnnycomelately; 11th October 2022 at 08:07. Reason: For clarity/context.

31. Link to Post #17
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

He also said to the Jews "My Father (Creator) is not Your Father (Yahweh) and yet nobody pays any attention to those verses.
    Next time you quote a verse, put the reference or do not quote at all. That verse I quoted before was direct speech of Jesus which is important, because the apostles interpretations may have corrupted some parts of Bible. Here is your answer with reference

Well, thanks for letting me know your rules. I thought everyone knew John 8.

But here it is:

You Are of Your Father the Devil

39They answered him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would be doing the works Abraham did, 40but now you seek to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did. 41You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.” 42Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. 43Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. 44You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. 46Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? 47Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

Jesus came with a sword, to straighten the mess that was the Hebrews of his day. Otherwise, why
    come at that time? He was very clear, as you can see above.
    I don't wish to step on any religious toes - I have no right to tell you what to believe.
    But read the above and tell me that my reply was not correct?

32. Link to Post #18
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Johnnycomelately (here)
    Hey friend. No biggie, but I think you forgot three of the magic words that may affect the outcome of your judgement. I have added them, for perspective, to the text of your quote (below). Claiming ‘Fair use’, for educational purposes, my additions are in the block B font. Have un-B’d your post #10 quote text passage for clarity.

All I can say is good luck. I wouldn’t choose judgement as a profession or as a hobby.

I’m offended!. Next time you quote a verse, please put the reference or do not quote at all. That verse I quoted before was direct speech of Jesus which is important, because the apostles interpretations may have corrupted some parts of Bible. Here is your answer with reference

You managed to lose me. I didn't use bold text, that I know of. And no, I did not cite the
    Sermon on the Mount - I thought it was familiar to all who read the NT. I have quoted the
    entirety above. But I stand with my statement that it makes no difference because none
    will pay attention to his saying that Yahweh was not his Father, which is what it says in
    that Chapter, in the Koine Greek that was the translation source.
    In addition to being trained as a Nazarene - which is a school of study and not only a small village
    of origins, he swapped data with the Gnostics, and their ideas in ref. to Yahweh are very clear -
    they also call him the Archon and the Devil, just as Jesus did. When he says your father is
    of the Devil, is that not fairly clear? Be that as it may - no further comments can be
    expected from me in this particular discussion - I use the earliest translations and not something
    done in the 1600s AD, so they will never agree with what you read in the KJV. Honestly, best
    wishes and good luck to you.

33. Link to Post #19
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks

That's why is needed the verse reference, because Jesus didn't speak about the God of Moses in there, but about their wicked actions. As I mentioned in previous verses, Jesus hasn't come to abolish previous prophet's teaching, but to continue their work and to fulfill his duty.

34. Link to Post #20
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

And folks ........... this is why most wars are started by people falling out over religion !!!!!!!!!!!

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi E For This Post:

Craig (18th October 2022), pueblo (13th October 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast