Thread: A culture of harmony and peace: An antidote to the treadmill of life

1. Link to Post #1
    Belgium Avalon Member All is one's Avatar
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,147 times in 170 posts

Smile A culture of harmony and peace: An antidote to the treadmill of life

Lately I’ve been revising the way I look at life, my own lifestyle and the lifestyle that is promoted here in the West.

And although people everywhere have positive and negative behaviors thoughts etc.
    Still I think that there are traditions in other cultures that we could learn from to create a more desirable peaceful world for ourselves & each other.

For example: In next video they explain that Japanese kids are being thought to clean up their own classroom.➔As a result they breed a culture of respect. Thus as adults they also have more respect for each other & their environment (to keep it clutter free and clean) This type of mindset creates a more pleasant & safe environment to live in.

10 *Simple* Japanese Daily Habits That Will CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

Politeness in Japan puts the World to shame Learn Japanese

Was just thinking what a difference it would make if we could here in the west, adopt a little more of that lifestyle and respect towards each other and our environment.

Anyway I’m sure that there are other cultures and traditions which could help bring more harmony and peace in this world.

Do you know any traditions or cultural attitudes that you think would be nice to adopt or which could help humanity evolve for the better?

If so, feel free to share them.
    Please don’t use the apples of someone else’s tree to satisfy your own thirst. (If you did eat another’s fruit; have the decency to give some fruit back.)
    IF YOU WANT TO SEE A GARDEN OF EDEN ON EARTH; HELP BY SOWING ANOTHER SEED YOURSELF.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to All is one For This Post:

ClearWater (6th October 2023), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), Ernie Nemeth (17th August 2023), Ewan (18th August 2023), Harmony (18th August 2023), Ioneo (17th August 2023), Jad (18th August 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (21st August 2023), Michi (18th August 2023), Peace in Oz (21st August 2023), Seeclearly (18th August 2023), shaberon (21st August 2023), Sue (Ayt) (18th August 2023), Tintin (17th August 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 times in 205 posts

Default Re: A culture of harmony and peace: An antidote to the treadmill of life

Living in Japan for most of my adult life I can attest to the act that Japanese children are taught to clean not only the classroom but hallways and outside. It is rare to find a trash can in public as people are expected to take their own garbage home with them!

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ioneo For This Post:

All is one (18th August 2023), ClearWater (6th October 2023), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), Ewan (18th August 2023), Harmony (18th August 2023), Heart to heart (18th August 2023), Jad (18th August 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (21st August 2023), Lunesoleil (18th August 2023), Peace in Oz (21st August 2023), Seeclearly (18th August 2023), shaberon (21st August 2023), Sue (Ayt) (18th August 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,401 times in 1,199 posts

Arrow Re: A culture of harmony and peace: An antidote to the treadmill of life

Quote Posted by All is one (here)
    Lately I’ve been revising the way I look at life, my own lifestyle and the lifestyle that is promoted here in the West.
    It's normal at the turn of the quarantine to change your life and unavoidable to do so, the world is accomplished in continuous cycles, as well as men, nations, planet earth, everything is cycle 🔄

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

All is one (18th August 2023), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2023), Harmony (18th August 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (21st August 2023), shaberon (21st August 2023), Sue (Ayt) (18th August 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,259 times in 4,080 posts

Default Re: A culture of harmony and peace: An antidote to the treadmill of life

Quote Posted by All is one (here)
    Do you know any traditions or cultural attitudes that you think would be nice to adopt or which could help humanity evolve for the better?

Yes, Japanese.

That would be fine. Bow to the Chrysanthemum Throne.

I threw away what I got from the west for basically this reason.

There may be other examples, but yes, seems to me...huge cultural gulf because the competitiveness and individual collectivism here is basically uncivilized.

Next conclusion: there is not really such a thing as western civilization.

Although they are politically subjugated, Japanese are still highly nationalistic. For example, primary research papers are still done in Japanese, and then, possibly, translated. The last vestige of hope is for places that still have a national identity, not to lose it. Unlike eastern Europe which got converted to consumerism, until 86% of Bulgarians are against democracy.

With a minor amount of training, one sees that westerners do not know how to walk or breathe.

All "my system" had to offer me was a shill.

Suggest putting it down and picking up something that has value.

8. Link to Post #5
    Belgium Avalon Member All is one's Avatar
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,147 times in 170 posts

For some more positive vibes*** watch this vid about 7 small Japanese habits for happy prosperous life and society:

***Thought it could be definitively welcome in the types of times we're living in to post some things focussed on the positive things as well.
    Please don’t use the apples of someone else’s tree to satisfy your own thirst. (If you did eat another’s fruit; have the decency to give some fruit back.)
    IF YOU WANT TO SEE A GARDEN OF EDEN ON EARTH; HELP BY SOWING ANOTHER SEED YOURSELF.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to All is one For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (6th October 2023), ClearWater (6th October 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (6th October 2023)

+ Reply to Thread