+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: The Earth is encompassed in a Magnetic Vortex: 2024? No, 1693 A.D.

1. Link to Post #1
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,979 times in 614 posts

Default The Earth is encompassed in a Magnetic Vortex: 2024? No, 1693 A.D.

I came across an article in "The Athenian Mercury", a periodical printed in London at Raven in the Poultrey, edited by Jon Dunton. It's authors were members of the Athenian Society, and its question-and-answer format was praised by Jonathan Swift in the very first article that he published. Swift, who famously knew about the two moons of Mars, and quite a bit about their orbits, was something of an odd duck himself.

The Article is titled "The Account of the Lodestone" and in it they explain very clearly the magnetic field of the Earth, and if you substitute their word pores for atoms, they had a good idea of the makeup of matter itself as well. They explain that the Moon and Earth are entwined in a Vortex, and that it enters and leaves from both of our Poles, North and South, which is quite correct. Unlike Newton, they seem to believe that magnetism and not gravity, is the more important force on Earth.

If you can get past the archaic English, the article is interesting, so I am including it here for your pleasure. I don't think you will find it anywhere else, as far as I could tell. One of those things that I got years ago and clung to for some future day, like today.

Attachment 53049

Gravity is not equal to Magnetism, our scientists tell us. It's two different forces entirely. And we use anti-gravity (or some do) to explain how UFOs are powered, possibly, and we even go so far as to point to the Nazi experiments with it, as if this were the only possibility for the alien engines of propulsion. But let's think a bit about magnetism, instead, if you will bear with me.

Gravity requires something that magnetism does not - at least not much, and that is mass. We can escape gravity by simply creating something that is lighter or has less mass than the force of the air in our atmosphere. Demonstrated by lighter-than-air craft such as balloons. We wouldn't need much mass, and yet it could still have a magnetic attraction, as witnessed by Mylar balloons that float and yet cause power lines to explode in a spectacular fashion due to their metal content.

Not all planets have gravity for the UFOs to work upon, but then again, not all have magnetic fields or iron cores either - however, like the other pole of a magnet, the one that is opposing, it too has little or no magnetic force, and thus a UFO could work on using the magnetic fields on one Pole of their motors, or the lack of a magnetic field to act on the other side of the same motors. Of course we can't even explain it properly - too advanced, but it seems as plausible as using gravity, since on a very high gravity planet there would not be another "pole" with a lesser attraction to call upon - and thus anti-gravity would only work on bodies with gravity evident, which would not be a problem with our theoretical magnetic engines.

I thought about this because of my research on both Roswell and a UFO that was brought down in England in 1953. What they had in common was that in the areas involved, the military were using radar in a pulsed array of microwave frequencies, much different than normal radar as we are familiar with. Now the magnetic field produced by microwave frequencies is what is used to heat your food in a microwave oven, but as a ray it would also overcome the anti-magnetic motors of UFOs, or at the very least cause them to go into overload when they tried to balance the Earth's magnetic field with the effects of the microwaves acting on the other pole and thus against it.

Every bit of literature, culture, science and etc. seems to be directed towards gravity. But it's not gravity that flows through the atoms of all matter - it's magnetic force. Gravity "effects" all matter, but only when it has sufficient mass. Even shavings that have been carved into dust will attract the right pole of a magnetic source - mass does not limit nor expand its effects.

And gravity isn't a factor as much on our Moon or other objects, yet magnets work just as well on any of them - regardless of their composition - just need a magnetic source and the proper metals to attract.

PS One of the first things that I did when I found this article was to test it for obvious mistakes - perhaps hinting at some forgery. The publication date says Saturday, May 20, 1693, and in our modern calendars that day was a Wednesday and not a Saturday.
    Well, it turns out that England did not agree to use the Gregorian calendar until about 50 years after the article was printed - on the Julian calendar it was indeed a Saturday.
    I've seen the editor's name used as both Jon and John, but other than that he checks out, as does most of his contributors and staff.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jim_Duyer; 10th May 2024 at 12:56.

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Agape (10th May 2024), avid (10th May 2024), Bill Ryan (10th May 2024), Denise/Dizi (14th May 2024), DNA (10th May 2024), ExomatrixTV (10th May 2024), Harmony (10th May 2024), Kindred (10th May 2024), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th May 2024), Mercedes (10th May 2024), mountain_jim (10th May 2024), onawah (10th May 2024), Satori (10th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Stephanie (11th May 2024), Sue (Ayt) (10th May 2024), Sunny-side-up (10th May 2024), T Smith (10th May 2024), ThePythonicCow (10th May 2024), truthandfreedom247369 (14th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), wondering (10th May 2024), Yoda (10th May 2024)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: The Earth is encompassed in a Magnetic Vortex: 2024? No, 1693 A.D.

Interesting post - reminds me of the so called debunking of the concept of Ether/Aether in the last century. BTW, the attachment isn't working, perhaps mods could fix?

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to samsdice For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th May 2024), Denise/Dizi (14th May 2024), ExomatrixTV (10th May 2024), Harmony (10th May 2024), Jim_Duyer (10th May 2024), Kindred (10th May 2024), mountain_jim (10th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Stephanie (11th May 2024), Sue (Ayt) (10th May 2024), Sunny-side-up (10th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), wondering (10th May 2024), Yoda (10th May 2024)

5. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 129,401 times in 21,455 posts

Lightbulb Re: The Earth is encompassed in a Magnetic Vortex: 2024? No, 1693 A.D.

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 10th May 2024 at 10:03.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

avid (10th May 2024), Bill Ryan (10th May 2024), Harmony (10th May 2024), Jim_Duyer (10th May 2024), Kindred (10th May 2024), mountain_jim (10th May 2024), Satori (10th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Stephanie (11th May 2024), Sue (Ayt) (10th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), Yoda (10th May 2024)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,416 times in 1,010 posts

Great find! As per the EU theory (electric universe), Yes - the electro-magnetic forces ARE the major player in this universe. Gravity is a many orders of magnitude weaker force, but it is obviously important in holding us on the ground. However, it is but a subset of the electromagnetic forces at play,. in combination with rotating masses with a magnetic field - both in our solar system as well as at the galaxy and inter-galactic scale.

An interesting aside is that in Thiaoouba Prophecy, they describe gravity as the 'cold magnetic force', and also that the healing abilities of certain enlightened individuals was a 'magnetic flow' from the healer to the subject. They also make the point that our Astral Body is composed of Billions of Trillions of electrons that exactly matches the shape of our physical body (note that they say that there's 9 energy bodies total in a human - lower animals have only 3). Obviously, these electrons can be affected by magnetic fields, but, moreover, that Sound has a significant effect upon these electrons - both in a positive and negative fashion.

They were particularly adamant that loud, discordant noise such as a motorcycle engine, or even 'music', can terribly 'upset' these electrons which can have negative repercussions upon the physical body. They point out that ALL these electrons are capable of storing INFORMATION, - Each Electron has the capability of storing all the information of a small library.. (all your thoughts and memories). The mechanisim is that these discordant noises introduce 'parasites' in these electrons - much like if you run a power drill next to a cathode-ray tube and cause a bunch of white dots on the screen. These parasites may take several lifetimes to be returned to their 'base state', dependent upon how badly they've been distorted. Obviously, beautiful soothing music or sounds can produce a positive effect... food for thought.

In Unity, Peace and LOVE
    “A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.”
    - Gandalf (J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring)

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kindred For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th May 2024), Denise/Dizi (14th May 2024), East Sun (10th May 2024), ExomatrixTV (10th May 2024), gini (11th May 2024), Harmony (10th May 2024), meat suit (10th May 2024), Michel Leclerc (Yesterday), mountain_jim (10th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Stephanie (11th May 2024), Sue (Ayt) (10th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), wondering (10th May 2024), Yoda (10th May 2024)

9. Link to Post #5
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by samsdice (here)
    Interesting post - reminds me of the so called debunking of the concept of Ether/Aether in the last century. BTW, the attachment isn't working, perhaps mods could fix?
    Looks like some helpful friend fixed the attachment - thank you very much.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th May 2024), Denise/Dizi (14th May 2024), ExomatrixTV (10th May 2024), Harmony (10th May 2024), samsdice (11th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Stephanie (11th May 2024), Sue (Ayt) (10th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), wondering (10th May 2024)

11. Link to Post #6
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kindred (here)
    Great find! As per the EU theory (electric universe), Yes - the electro-magnetic forces ARE the major player in this universe. Gravity is a many orders of magnitude weaker force, but it is obviously important in holding us on the ground. However, it is but a subset of the electromagnetic forces at play,. in combination with rotating masses with a magnetic field - both in our solar system as well as at the galaxy and inter-galactic scale.

An interesting aside is that in Thiaoouba Prophecy, they describe gravity as the 'cold magnetic force', and also that the healing abilities of certain enlightened individuals was a 'magnetic flow' from the healer to the subject. They also make the point that our Astral Body is composed of Billions of Trillions of electrons that exactly matches the shape of our physical body (note that they say that there's 9 energy bodies total in a human - lower animals have only 3). Obviously, these electrons can be affected by magnetic fields, but, moreover, that Sound has a significant effect upon these electrons - both in a positive and negative fashion.

They were particularly adamant that loud, discordant noise such as a motorcycle engine, or even 'music', can terribly 'upset' these electrons which can have negative repercussions upon the physical body. They point out that ALL these electrons are capable of storing INFORMATION, - Each Electron has the capability of storing all the information of a small library.. (all your thoughts and memories). The mechanisim is that these discordant noises introduce 'parasites' in these electrons - much like if you run a power drill next to a cathode-ray tube and cause a bunch of white dots on the screen. These parasites may take several lifetimes to be returned to their 'base state', dependent upon how badly they've been distorted. Obviously, beautiful soothing music or sounds can produce a positive effect... food for thought.

In Unity, Peace and LOVE
    What a great comment, and so informative - thanks. I'm finding that as I grow older I have less tolerance to loud noises, or repetitive noises for that matter. I've considered that it may be a mild form of OCD, but it could also be due to the fact that I am slowly becoming more awake to reality and the way that things are. My hearing is excellent and I have no tinnitis or ringing or anything - just can't stand loud noises anymore. So perhaps the part that opens and allows contemplation outside the box, so to speak, also vibrates angrily against interruptions?

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th May 2024), Denise/Dizi (14th May 2024), East Sun (14th May 2024), ExomatrixTV (10th May 2024), gini (11th May 2024), Harmony (10th May 2024), Kindred (10th May 2024), mountain_jim (10th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Stephanie (11th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), wondering (10th May 2024), Yoda (10th May 2024)

13. Link to Post #7
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    • Playing With A Real Lodestone (Natural Magnet):

• Magnetism Lodestone:

• "Lodestone". The Mineral of Magnet Cove Documentary:

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    What a vast library of linked video topics you must have! Researcher, thy name is ExomatrixTv.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th May 2024), Denise/Dizi (14th May 2024), ExomatrixTV (10th May 2024), gini (11th May 2024), Harmony (10th May 2024), Kindred (10th May 2024), mountain_jim (10th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Stephanie (11th May 2024), Sue (Ayt) (10th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), wondering (10th May 2024), Yoda (10th May 2024)

15. Link to Post #8
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 129,401 times in 21,455 posts

Quote Posted by Jim_Duyer (here)
    What a vast library of linked video topics you must have! Researcher, thy name is ExomatrixTV.
    All the above was gathered within 2 mins using "smart & super efficient keyword search" and "fast decision-making processes" to make the right choices (most of the time) often based upon "autistic like memory", being Asperger.

I started to create a huge VHS tapes archives of "suppressed news" since 1990 onward and had over 450 VHS tapes ... then in 1999 long BEFORE GoogleVideo started January 25, 2005, long before YouTube came in February 2005 ... I owned my own server (in 1999) uploading part of my VHS archive to my site (25 years ago!) with a total of 24 hours "underground" video material (at the time RealVideo = .rv & .rm (RealMedia) was the best "compression" where you need a RealPlayer to see it). All for FREE and NO "subscription" needed!

Some of my colleague conspiracy & suppressed news researchers accused me of "violating copyrights" ... meanwhile the SAME people who (at the time between 1999 & 2005) who accused me, starting to upload "copyrighted material" to YouTube & GoogleVideo themselves ... SO FUNNY how hypocrites "act or play dumb" when it comes to "for education purpose only" and 100% non-profit with FULL credits given to the source with clickable links to go to the original authors/producers so that people can get much higher quality version. Always done with a proper disclaimer that any "owner" can contact me if they want me to take it down. NEVER HAPPENED! ... The opposite happened, they encouraged what I did because they had more people coming from my site to theirs, thus selling a lot more! ... They can see in their web-stats where new people are coming from.
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 11th May 2024 at 00:31.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Agape (10th May 2024), gini (11th May 2024), Harmony (10th May 2024), Jim_Duyer (10th May 2024), Kindred (10th May 2024), mountain_jim (10th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Stephanie (11th May 2024), Sue (Ayt) (10th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), Yoda (10th May 2024)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,416 times in 1,010 posts

Quote Posted by Jim_Duyer (here)
    I have no tinnitis or ringing or anything - just can't stand loud noises anymore. So perhaps the part that opens and allows contemplation outside the box, so to speak, also vibrates angrily against interruptions?
    I have no doubt that being as sensitive as you are, that you've found any loud noise is intolerable... I have had that same response to many forms of 'popular' music, as well as ordinary everyday noises around me.

Back a number of years ago I attended a jazz music festival with a number of well known performers, with a close friend. She was really into the 'avant-garde' jazz groups, one of which was to perform. Now, mind you, the seating was PACKED and we were in the middle of a long row. This group began playing and it was THE MOST DISCORDANT NOISE I HAVE EVER HEARD. I slunk down in my seat and put my fingers in my ears - it was that painful and disturbing... I couldn't get up and get out of there although I desperately wished to do so, and I looked over at my friend, and she's smiling and nodding her head to the 'music'.... it was the Most upsetting musical experience I have ever had - I could FEEL my 'body' being invaded and ripped apart.

One other point I'll make about magnetic fields and the human Astral Body and it's electrons... if you listen to Suspicious Observers there are a number of videos where he correlates weakening magnetic fields with greater social disruptions and wars. I am of the Strong opinion that this makes Perfect sense - that magnetic fields influence the Organization of our electrons in the Astral Body with weak magnetic fields producing greater Electron Disorganization and strong magnetic fields producing Greater Electron Organization - i.e; the stronger the magnetic field, the greater the Coherence in both the individual Astral Body as well as it's Coherence with all others around you.

Back in 2018 I had come across an 'Army' paper regarding 'Gateway' meditation technique developed by the CIA so as to promote various forms of 'extrasensory perception'... astral out-of-body projection, telepathy, remote viewing and the like. One of the main points of this mediation technique involved 'hemispheric coherence' - where the two sides of the brain become synchronized in waveform. The point being made that each side worked at different levels of frequency and wave forms, and that this meditation coordinated - made Coherent - the two sides and allowed for this expansion of Consciousness and Awareness.

More food for thought!

In Unity Peace and LOVE
    “A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.”
    - Gandalf (J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring)

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kindred For This Post:

Agape (10th May 2024), Denise/Dizi (14th May 2024), ExomatrixTV (10th May 2024), Harmony (10th May 2024), Jim_Duyer (10th May 2024), leavesoftrees (17th May 2024), mountain_jim (10th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Stephanie (11th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), wondering (10th May 2024), Yoda (10th May 2024)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,410 times in 928 posts

I have long been sensitive to loud noises and discordant music. Lately I have been in stores where the music played is very irritating to me, music that I can't really categorize, more like just unrelated sounds. Several times I have wondered what the effect of such sound has on employees who are subjected to 8 hours of it. I know some have said that they don't really even hear it anymore, but I am sure their energy is subjected to and impacted by it. the effect on the energy body cannot be good....I have thought it is a form of subtle evil manipulation and have been so grateful that I could leave.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (14th May 2024), ExomatrixTV (11th May 2024), Harmony (11th May 2024), Jim_Duyer (10th May 2024), Kindred (16th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Stephanie (11th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), Yoda (11th May 2024)

21. Link to Post #11
    Estonia Avalon Member
    Language
    Estonian
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,682 times in 187 posts

Gravity requires something that magnetism does not - at least not much, and that is mass.
    Gravity is magnetic buoyancy. Stones sink in water and bubbles rise not because of gravity or antigravity. It´s the difference of density of magnetic fields that move them.
    Ken Wheeler and Eric Dollard can probably explain these things better than i.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jaak For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (11th May 2024), Harmony (11th May 2024), Jim_Duyer (11th May 2024), Kindred (10th May 2024), mountain_jim (10th May 2024), Neptune7 (10th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Stephanie (11th May 2024), Sue (Ayt) (10th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), Yoda (11th May 2024)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,280 times in 2,633 posts

Edward Leedskalnin's Coral Castle and his work with magnetism always intrigued me. When I visited there years ago, I bought a track of his that was fascinating, and I also found it online.

https://www.hyiq.org/Downloads/Edwar...ic-Current.pdf
    Last edited by Sue (Ayt); 10th May 2024 at 18:41.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (11th May 2024), Harmony (11th May 2024), Jim_Duyer (11th May 2024), Kindred (10th May 2024), mountain_jim (10th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Stephanie (11th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), wondering (10th May 2024), Yoda (11th May 2024)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jaak (here)
    [I]
    Can I ask where you got the top drawing? You won't believe how similar that is the the inside of the pre-Unified Field Torus in Edge theory III. Who is Ken Wheeler?

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Neptune7 For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (11th May 2024), Harmony (11th May 2024), Jaak (11th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Stephanie (11th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), Yoda (11th May 2024)

27. Link to Post #14
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

[[ I couldn't get up and get out of there although I desperately wished to do so, and I looked over at my friend, and she's smiling and nodding her head to the 'music'..]]
    So when you looked over at your friend, was there a tunnel or large opening between her ears? Just kidding.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Harmony (11th May 2024), Kindred (19th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), Yoda (11th May 2024)

29. Link to Post #15
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wondering (here)
    I have long been sensitive to loud noises and discordant music. Lately I have been in stores where the music played is very irritating to me, music that I can't really categorize, more like just unrelated sounds. Several times I have wondered what the effect of such sound has on employees who are subjected to 8 hours of it. I know some have said that they don't really even hear it anymore, but I am sure their energy is subjected to and impacted by it. the effect on the energy body cannot be good....I have thought it is a form of subtle evil manipulation and have been so grateful that I could leave.
    Makes us wonder just what is being hidden inside of the loud carrier wave? Good way to do neural programming using sounds that shake the balances of your energies.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Harmony (11th May 2024), Kindred (19th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), Yoda (11th May 2024)

31. Link to Post #16
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jaak (here)
    Gravity requires something that magnetism does not - at least not much, and that is mass.
    Gravity is magnetic buoyancy. Stones sink in water and bubbles rise not because of gravity or antigravity. It´s the difference of density of magnetic fields that move them.
    Ken Wheeler and Eric Dollard can probably explain these things better than i.
    That drawing is very similar to what the Athenian Society drew in 1692. Thanks

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (11th May 2024), Harmony (11th May 2024), Jaak (11th May 2024), Kindred (19th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), Yoda (11th May 2024)

33. Link to Post #17
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sue (Ayt) (here)
    Edward Leedskalnin's Coral Castle and his work with magnetism always intrigued me. When I visited there years ago, I bought a track of his that was fascinating, and I also found it online.

https://www.hyiq.org/Downloads/Edwar...ic-Current.pdf
    Yes, thank you - I've followed him as well over the years. An Interesting self-taught hero in my book.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (11th May 2024), Harmony (11th May 2024), Kindred (19th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), Yoda (11th May 2024)

35. Link to Post #18
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

My latest posts come from items that, like Charles Fort, I have found and guarded over the years. If I can find the original newspaper article I will publish another one on the green blood found inside a mummy from Peru in the 1930s, that baffled dozens of scientists from around the world - so much so that they sent samples to Mayo Clinic. Of course no published results of what Mayo found however. In the same vein the one who discovered it was a local archaeologist who also found camel bones nearby it - and those have been extinct in Peru for many millennium.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (11th May 2024), Harmony (11th May 2024), shaberon (11th May 2024), Sue (Ayt) (10th May 2024), tessie999 (11th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), Yoda (11th May 2024)

37. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,808 times in 4,141 posts

Quote Posted by samsdice (here)
    Interesting post - reminds me of the so called debunking of the concept of Ether/Aether in the last century.

"So called" may be the best expression here.

If something was "disproved" by being "unable to be found", then, at most we have disproved one idea to which the name "Ether" has been attached.

I don't think the experiment is even dealing with Aether:

Quote According to ancient and medieval science, aether (/ˈiːθər/, alternative spellings include æther, aither, and ether), also known as the fifth element or quintessence, is the material that fills the region of the universe beyond the terrestrial sphere.

In Greek mythology, it was thought to be the pure essence that the gods breathed, filling the space where they lived, analogous to the air breathed by mortals.

or its early English use:

Quote Newton describes aether as a medium that "flows" continually downward toward the Earth's surface and is partially absorbed and partially diffused. This "circulation" of aether is what he associated the force of gravity with to help explain the action of gravity in a non-mechanical fashion.

I am not sure he was barking up the right tree.

I have little conviction that anyone has yet investigated what the Greeks called Fifth Element or Quintessence.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Harmony (11th May 2024), Jim_Duyer (11th May 2024), Neptune7 (11th May 2024), samsdice (11th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024), Yoda (11th May 2024)

39. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Edge theory is a mathematical description of the Aether

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Neptune7 For This Post:

Harmony (11th May 2024), Jim_Duyer (11th May 2024), Kindred (19th May 2024), samsdice (11th May 2024), shaberon (12th May 2024), Victoria (18th May 2024)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast