Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1620

Thread: Geomagnetic Reversals and Ice Ages

1. Link to Post #1601
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,254 times in 1,069 posts

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th July 2024), Dumpster Diver (Yesterday), Harmony (15th July 2024), mountain_jim (15th July 2024), Reinhard (15th July 2024), Yoda (16th July 2024)

3. Link to Post #1602
    Language
    German
    Thanks

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th July 2024), Dumpster Diver (Yesterday), Harmony (16th July 2024), mountain_jim (16th July 2024), Reinhard (16th July 2024), Yoda (16th July 2024)

5. Link to Post #1603
    Language
    German
    Thanks

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th July 2024), Dumpster Diver (Yesterday), Harmony (16th July 2024), mountain_jim (16th July 2024), Yoda (18th July 2024)

7. Link to Post #1604
    Language
    German
    Thanks

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th July 2024), Dumpster Diver (Yesterday), Harmony (17th July 2024), mountain_jim (17th July 2024), onawah (17th July 2024), Yoda (18th July 2024)

9. Link to Post #1605
    Language
    German
    Thanks

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th July 2024), Dumpster Diver (Yesterday), Harmony (17th July 2024), mountain_jim (17th July 2024), onawah (17th July 2024), Yoda (18th July 2024)

11. Link to Post #1606
    Language
    German
    Thanks

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th July 2024), Dumpster Diver (Yesterday), Harmony (18th July 2024), mountain_jim (18th July 2024), onawah (19th July 2024), Yoda (18th July 2024)

13. Link to Post #1607
    Language
    German
    Thanks

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th July 2024), Dumpster Diver (Yesterday), Harmony (19th July 2024), mountain_jim (19th July 2024), onawah (20th July 2024), Yoda (19th July 2024)

15. Link to Post #1608
    Language
    German
    Thanks

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th July 2024), Dumpster Diver (Yesterday), Harmony (20th July 2024), mountain_jim (20th July 2024), onawah (20th July 2024), Yoda (20th July 2024)

17. Link to Post #1609
    Language
    German
    Thanks

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th July 2024), Dumpster Diver (Yesterday), Harmony (20th July 2024), mountain_jim (20th July 2024), onawah (21st July 2024), Yoda (20th July 2024)

19. Link to Post #1610
    Language
    German
    Thanks

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2024), Bluegreen (Today), Dumpster Diver (Yesterday), Harmony (Yesterday), mountain_jim (Yesterday), onawah (21st July 2024), Yoda (21st July 2024)

21. Link to Post #1611
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 119,469 times in 21,123 posts

Default Re: Geomagnetic Reversals and Ice Ages

Q&A Earth Disaster Cycle
    7/21/24
    Suspicious0bservers
    770K subscribers

(Not really a salt free session.
    But at about 29 minutes in, Ben says he likes Project Avalon Forum.)

Last edited by onawah; Yesterday at 04:36.
    Each breath a gift...

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st July 2024), Dumpster Diver (Yesterday), Harmony (Yesterday), Jaak (21st July 2024), meat suit (Yesterday), mountain_jim (Yesterday), ThePythonicCow (Yesterday), Yoda (Yesterday)

23. Link to Post #1612
    Language
    German
    Thanks

Nice to hear that Ben likes Project Avalon!

Ben, please join us on the best place on the internet🤙😁

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Bill Ryan (Yesterday), Dumpster Diver (Today), Harmony (Yesterday), mountain_jim (Yesterday), onawah (Yesterday), ThePythonicCow (Yesterday), Yoda (Yesterday)

25. Link to Post #1613
    Language
    German
    Thanks

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Bill Ryan (Yesterday), Harmony (Yesterday), mountain_jim (Yesterday), Reinhard (Yesterday), Vicus (Yesterday), Yoda (Yesterday)

27. Link to Post #1614
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,815 times in 9,366 posts

I can not vouch for accuracy but including here

https://www.zerohedge.com/weather/wa...magnetic-storm

Washington DC Most Vulnerable US City For Grid Failure During Geomagnetic Storm

BY TYLER DURDEN
    MONDAY, JUL 22, 2024 - 06:55 AM

We have previously noted the early indicators of the sun's upcoming 11-year solar cycle. Currently, Solar Cycle 25 is at its peak, known as the 'solar maximum,' characterized by intense solar activity such as sunspots, flares, and coronal mass ejections. This results in a significant surge in electromagnetic energy hurtling towards Earth, and now new data shows Washington, DC, is the most vulnerable US city to space weather.

The Royal Astronomical Society reports that researchers at the British Geological Survey (BGS) found that Washington, DC, and Milwaukee are some of the most exposed US cities to space weather. This is particularly problematic during a solar maximum period that will last through 2025 because power grids and ground-based communication devices could be disrupted.

"We have identified certain regions of the US (Washington DC area and Milwaukee) which are repeatedly appearing as 'highly connected' in our network, hence are possibly regions particularly vulnerable to the effects of space weather and may benefit from further monitoring," said Dr. Lauren Orr of BGS.

Dr. Orr said there were "many reasons" the metro areas might be more at risk of the impact of solar storms, including "electrical conductivity of the ground, the physical construction of the power grid in those areas, or the location of the auroral currents in the sky."

She added a caveat that further research is needed to reveal more evidence of why these cities are considered 'supernodes.'

Geomagnetically induced currents from powerful solar storms can disrupt the digital and remote work economy.

We've outlined this in space weather notes over the years:
    • Digital Economy Disruption Possible As "Terminator Event" Suggests Strongest Sunspot Cycle On Record Imminent
    • The Next Big Geomagnetic Storm Poses An Astronomical Risk To Modern Man
    • Solar Storms Can Devastate Entire Civilizations.
    • Solar Storms Present Danger Of Blackouts For Major East Coast Cities
    • In early May, one of the most powerful solar storms in years blasted Earth. Fortunately, the digital economy held up, and Starlink's massive satellite constellation also survived.

US Power Grid & Communication Networks Survive Extreme Geomagnetic Storm
    Last year, we pointed out that the current solar cycle (Solar Cycle 25) is expected to peak sometime in 2025.

Solar Cycle 25's Maximum Might Arrive Earlier And Hit Harder
    And just recently revealed new data about the next solar cycle:

"First Traces" Of Solar Cycle 26 Detected On Sun

Let's remember this executive order signed by Obama in 2016...

The most powerful solar storm to rock Earth in recorded history, the Carrington Event, occurred in September 1859. It sparked fires in telegraph systems across Europe and North America.

The biggest threat to Earth is likely not the narrative radical leftist push about climate change. It's the sun and how one powerful solar storm can take down grids worldwide.

< embedded links at link >
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (Yesterday), Bluegreen (Today), Dumpster Diver (Today), Harmony (Today), meat suit (Today), onawah (Yesterday), Yoda (Yesterday)

29. Link to Post #1615
    Language
    English
    Thanks

...And not just temporarily, but for the forseeable future...As the Earth's protective magnetic field diminsishes due to the 12,000 solar cycle which we are now in, the solar storms don't have to be all that powerful to take the grid down, they just have to be aimed right.
    Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)

The biggest threat to Earth is likely not the narrative radical leftist push about climate change. It's the sun and how one powerful solar storm can take down grids worldwide.
    Each breath a gift...

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (Yesterday), Dumpster Diver (Today), Harmony (Today), meat suit (Today), mountain_jim (Today), ThePythonicCow (Today), Yoda (Today)

31. Link to Post #1616
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by meat suit (here)

I know what will get him here…Ben likes a fight so here goes:

I visited Observers Ranch (OR) this past weekend (not finished and no work being carried out…actually could not find anyone there).

It is a sizable operation; the “Ranch House” is large (maybe 4000 sq ft?) and it looks like at least $2mil US is being sunk into the operation. It is next to a dry creek (eight mile creek) that had a few puddles from a recent rain but no running water. In addition to the “Ranch House” another building appeared to have been built on the backside of the property.

The property is militarily undefendable and mostly flattish terrain. It has the distinct feel of a pending PR operation to garner money probably to fund a remote site elsewhere. With no water, and no defense, this is not a survivable operation, IMO. Neighbors include a gun range (active firing the day I was there), city of Pueblo just a few miles away (city with high crime statistics), 25 miles in another direction is Cheyanne Mountain (so if any kind of nuke conflict, with the miss distances factored in from Russia/Chinese nukes, OR could get hit). As I said before, there is no mountain range between OR and Gulf of Mexico. In our rough modeling we see a 40% chance of end-times tsunamis (of Ben’s expected size of up to 2 miles high) reaching OR.

The Arkansas River valley is a “banana belt” valley, but that may grant you a 5 degree advantage over nearby similar valleys on average. It seems being further upriver has fewer people and more survivability. Also, areas like southern Salt Lake Valley, or area around Montrose CO, or Cortez, CO to be much more survivable. Perhaps Ben believes in the map attributed to Edgar Cayce to be in play which has SLC valley taken out and western Colorado as well. But, to date, I’ve not heard anything in that regard from him.

In talking to a few random neighbors, they are not aware that a Doomsday Death-Cult is building their headquarters next to them. I expect problems.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Post:

Bill Ryan (Today), Harmony (Today), meat suit (Today), mountain_jim (Today), onawah (Today), Yoda (Today)

33. Link to Post #1617
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It seems likely that Ben's goal with Observer Ranch was always more about providing a place where people could come to get educated in person (rather than just via his books, websites, etc.,) and to connect with other Preppers.
    The site where he with his family and his local community intend to set up permanent quarters most likely is elsewhere than Observer Ranch, but is somewhere in the vicinity.
    The goal of raising $50,000 for a new, more inclusive and updated documentary is going well; the last I saw an update on that I think 3X that had been raised, and that is just within a couple of weeks, so SO is getting good financial support from followers.
    There is a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/observatoryproject ...and Ben is on Twitter as well and there is this site: https://spaceweathernews.com/
    And a site for fielding a question to Ben prior to his Q&A sessions here: https://suspicious0bservers.org/?fbc...rSGDhCvyInW7ww
    ...and various other links on those pages that direct you to other SO activities, products, etc.
    So there has been plenty of work done so far, but clearly it's a race with time to get everything done that needs doing.
    No doubt why Ben gets salty when he feels his time is being wasted. It would be great if he could delegate more...

I can't really add much more as I haven't done all the "homework" that Ben likes to encourage people to do (there's just too much of it, though I very much appreciate all his efforts to make people more aware of the trouble coming).
    It's very encouraging that the leading scientists are now concurring on so much of what Ben has been saying for a long time now.
    That will not leave his detractors with much ammunition.
    Not everyone is cut out to be a Prepper, but even just getting through the failure of the electric grid is going to be challenging enough and that could happen at any time now, so the pressure is not likely to let up...
    But there's no doubt that he and his followers are doing very important work, and I hope they succeed in all they are attempting.

Quote Posted by Dumpster Diver (here)
    Quote Posted by meat suit (here)

I know what will get him here…Ben likes a fight so here goes:

I visited Observers Ranch (OR) this past weekend (not finished and no work being carried out…actually could not find anyone there).

It is a sizable operation; the “Ranch House” is large (maybe 4000 sq ft?) and it looks like at least $2mil US is being sunk into the operation. It is next to a dry creek (eight mile creek) that had a few puddles from a recent rain but no running water. In addition to the “Ranch House” another building appeared to have been built on the backside of the property.

The property is militarily undefendable and mostly flattish terrain. It has the distinct feel of a pending PR operation to garner money probably to fund a remote site elsewhere.
    Last edited by onawah; Today at 04:11.
    Each breath a gift...

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (Today), Dumpster Diver (Today), Harmony (Today), meat suit (Today), mountain_jim (Today), Yoda (Today)

35. Link to Post #1618
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Well, for all the prepping Ben gets into, he neglects to mention that perhaps some 50,000 to 100,000 will survive, which is my estimated number that survived the last “Noah” event (or 8 humans, if you believe the rubbish in Genesis). Doing a bit of math, and given we have some 8 Billion on the planet and taking the 100K number… that works out to a survival rate of 1.25 e-5 or approx 1 out of 10,000…long odds.

Of course, the Deep State’s Continuation of Government (COG) bunkers will let a lot of them survive, but I think my numbers above mostly includes them. BTW, I have an acquaintance who has a “ticket” to get in. He was the head of an assassination team doing “wet work” in Honduras during the Reagan era.

So, given issues we’ll have with deep state “hijinks” …I’m thinking 1/100,000 or 1 in a million are more realistic odds.

Wonderful…

I think I’ll spend my last few years enjoying myself and greet the incoming tsunami drinking a very dry martini.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Post:

Bill Ryan (Today), Harmony (Today), meat suit (Today), mountain_jim (Today), onawah (Today), Yoda (Today)

37. Link to Post #1619
    Language
    German
    Thanks

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Bill Ryan (Today), Dumpster Diver (Today), Harmony (Today), mountain_jim (Today), onawah (Today), Yoda (Today)

39. Link to Post #1620
    Language
    German
    Thanks

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Bill Ryan (Today), mountain_jim (Today), Yoda (Today)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst 1 31 71 81