1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 139,886 times in 23,155 posts

Exclamation Why So Many Good People Comply With Evil And Become Complicit

• Why So Many Good People Comply With Evil And Become Complicit:

In this episode, Daniel answers the question, "Why should people care about global existential issues?". He cites 2 experiments, the "Milgram Experiment" (1961) and the "Asch Conformity Experiments" to serve as examples of how good people can be complicit with evil acts.

Daniel Schmachtenberger is a founding member of The Consilience Project, aimed at improving public sense making and dialogue. The through line of his interests has to do with ways of improving the health and development of individuals and society, with a virtuous relationship between the two as a goal. Towards these ends, he’s had particular interest in the topics of catastrophic and existential risk, civilization and institutional decay and collapse as well as progress, collective action problems, social organization theories, and the relevant domains in philosophy and science.

Motivated by the belief that advancing collective intelligence and capacity is foundational to the integrity of any civilization, and necessary to address the unique risks we currently face given the intersection of globalization and exponential technology, he has spoken publicly on many of these topics, hoping to popularize and deepen important conversations and engage more people in working towards their solutions.
    • 0:00:00 Intro
    • 0:00:55 What is Game Theory?
    • 0:11:45 Human Nature
    • 0:18:13 How Technology Conditions Humanity WOW
    • 0:27:30 Is Tech moving Too Fast for Humans to Adapt to it? Excellent
    • 0:43:00 Perverse Incentives
    • 0:53:20 The Mostly False Progress Narrative
    • 1:01:50 Why Modern Humans Feel Empty
    • 1:09:04 Who will pass on their genes?
    • 1:31:08 Why should we care about the Meta Crisis? Fantastic
    • 1:47:38 What is a healthy culture & healthy progress?
    • 1:59:54 Spiritual Beliefs & Compassion
    • 2:25:15 Authentic Positive Progress & Regulation
    • 2:48:20 Can A.I. be regulated?
    • 2:52:21 After A.I. what will be the purpose of Humans?
    • 3:04:30 Is Democracy Over?
    • 3:24:08 Curiosity vs. Cognitive Bias
    • 3:33:50 Life Perspective
    Learn more about Daniel Schmachtenberger's research at civilizationemerging.com
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 22nd July 2024 at 18:23.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

bojancan (21st July 2024), Dumpster Diver (22nd July 2024), edina (21st July 2024), Eric J (Viking) (20th July 2024), graeme22 (21st July 2024), HopSan (22nd July 2024), Inversion (28th July 2024), Johan (Keyholder) (22nd July 2024), Merlinus (22nd July 2024), Mike (20th July 2024), NancyV (24th July 2024), onawah (20th July 2024), Sunny-side-up (21st July 2024), Vangelo (21st July 2024), Yoda (20th July 2024)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    Thanks

Default Re: Why So Many Good People Comply With Evil And Become Complicit

• Mass Psychosis - How An Entire Population Becomes Mentally Ill:

This video was made in collaboration with Academy of Ideas. They create videos explaining the ideas of history's great thinkers in order to help supply the world with more knowledge, to empower the individual, and to promote freedom. Please check out their youtube channel for more brilliant content. youtube.com/c/academyofideas or visit their website to learn more academyofideas.com

In this video we are going to explore the most dangerous of all psychic epidemics, the mass psychosis. A mass psychosis is an epidemic of madness and it occurs when a large portion of a society loses touch with reality and descends into delusions. Such a phenomenon is not a thing of fiction. Two examples of mass psychoses are the American and European witch hunts 16th and 17th centuries and the rise of totalitarianism in the 20th century.

This video will aim to answer questions surrounding mass psychosis: What is it? How does is start? Has it happened before? Are we experiencing one right now? And if so, how can the stages of a mass psychosis be reversed?

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 20th July 2024 at 18:13.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

bojancan (21st July 2024), Dumpster Diver (22nd July 2024), edina (20th July 2024), Eric J (Viking) (20th July 2024), HopSan (22nd July 2024), Jamie (21st July 2024), Johan (Keyholder) (20th July 2024), Mike (20th July 2024), NancyV (24th July 2024), onawah (20th July 2024), Vangelo (21st July 2024), Yoda (20th July 2024)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,447 times in 5,891 posts

It's surprising to me that Daniel hasn't connected with Joe Rogan yet, or Jordan Peterson. It makes too much sense to pass up. I wonder why that hasn't happened?

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

bojancan (21st July 2024), Dumpster Diver (22nd July 2024), edina (21st July 2024), ExomatrixTV (20th July 2024), HopSan (22nd July 2024), Johan (Keyholder) (21st July 2024), NancyV (24th July 2024), onawah (20th July 2024), Vangelo (21st July 2024)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,546 times in 2,465 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    It's surprising to me that Daniel hasn't connected with Joe Rogan yet, or Jordan Peterson. It makes too much sense to pass up. I wonder why that hasn't happened?
    Daniel may not yet have the sort of intelligence agency connections that supposedly Rogan and Peterson have, so they are not in each others networks or run in the same circles.

However, if Daniel Schmachtenberger's information starts getting some traction and larger numbers of people start listening to him, someone will want to hijack his work, and at that point, the bigger players (or media assets?) will reach out to him. And the narrative will become how he's a part of the deep state, too. That pattern has played out so consistently that its now become predictable.

By the way, I started listening to that LONG video with Daniel Schmachtenberger and Mark Wooding. I don't usually do that, it's difficult for me to carve out that kind of time in my schedule. But I went to his Civilization Emerging website and he's asking intelligent, helpful and useful questions. I decided to give it a listen. I'm about half way through the video and taking notes, and downloading the work of people he mentions and resources listed on his site.

I agree with Mark Wooding, Daniel Schmachtenberger is a DEEP thinker. It looks like he's been considering this current world dynamic his whole life, and he's insightful and articulate. Another Renaissance Human in my opinion.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

bojancan (21st July 2024), Dumpster Diver (22nd July 2024), ExomatrixTV (21st July 2024), HopSan (22nd July 2024), Johan (Keyholder) (21st July 2024), Mike (21st July 2024), Mike Gorman (24th July 2024), NancyV (24th July 2024), Yoda (21st July 2024)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Why So Many Good People Comply With Evil And Become Complicit

• Civilization Emerging Daniel Schmachtenberger Sense-making (Video was made just before the global 2020 mass hysteria!):

What can we trust? Why is the 'information ecology' so damaged, and what would it take to make it healthy?

This is a fundamental question, because without good sensemaking, we cannot even begin to act in the world. It is also a central concern in what many are calling the "meaning crisis", because what is meaningful is connected to what is real.

Daniel is a founding member of The Consilience Project, aimed at improving public sensemaking and dialogue. The throughline of his interests has to do with ways of improving the health and development of individuals and society, with a virtuous relationship between the two as a goal. Towards these ends, he’s had particular interest in the topics of catastrophic and existential risk, civilization and institutional decay and collapse as well as progress, collective action problems, social organization theories, and the relevant domains in philosophy and science.
    --o-O-o--
    • Follow Up Video made June 17, 2020 :
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 21st July 2024 at 19:53.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Abondance (21st July 2024), bojancan (21st July 2024), Dumpster Diver (22nd July 2024), edina (21st July 2024), HopSan (22nd July 2024), Johan (Keyholder) (22nd July 2024), NancyV (24th July 2024), Yoda (21st July 2024)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    • 11:55 difference between truth & truthful ... being "truthful" matches in what you "believe to be the truth" ... and a lie detector will NOT detect if you believe certain repeated LIES to be true! ... What I call: "whitewashed lies", if you genuine believe something is true but years later you have to admit to yourself you actually believed a LIE to be "the truth" ... So many REFUSE to see this mass psychological mechanism and hold on to the "group think" behavior or the collectivist mannerism, not feeling responsible for their own quality of thinking/judging and act accordingly with all the bad consequences for keep doing that.
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 21st August 2024 at 12:13.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

bojancan (22nd July 2024), Dumpster Diver (22nd July 2024), edina (21st July 2024), HopSan (22nd July 2024), Johan (Keyholder) (22nd July 2024), NancyV (24th July 2024), Vangelo (22nd July 2024), Yoda (21st July 2024)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    Thanks

I wrote this on Facebook recently, and I think it is related to this thread!
    • Living in brutal self-honesty does not mean you think you are "flawless", but at least you are willing to learn & improve yourself no matter what!
    As someone who is Dutch (born & raised) most who are real people from The Netherlands are KNOWN to be unfiltered, coming across "arrogant" and-or "rude", blunt, super frank, outspoken, straightforward, highly pragmatic but NOT claiming to be "all knowing", there is always room for improvement! ... If you are surrounded by people who do the same, you can sense if someone has "evil intent" or allows everybody to have their own personal growth dealing with controversial issues ... It is all "trial & error" learning from mistakes and move on!

When you get a genuine, honest feedback that is 100% truthful from the perspective of someone, it does not mean that person is not willing to learn new insights it may have overlooked. If you are surrounded by people NOT giving truthful "feedback" >>> How on earth should you improve yourself if they think you can not handle the truth?

There are 100s of very good YT videos explaining WHY the Dutch are like that and how it is often seen as very liberating for many foreigners living for a couple of months here. They see the practical benefits of being "brutally honest" and actually mean what you say .... not "playing nice" all the time ... If a Dutch person is nice it is mostly 100% genuine without "hidden agendas" without being conditional and so many outside The Netherlands do not get that (sadly enough!).
    • There is so much more I can say about the psychology behind all this, but I leave that for a different time.
    What I notice with many (not all) people living in the USA but much more with people living in UK that their 3 most used common phrases I personally will NEVER use or have to use ever!
    • 01. "To be frank ..." (then saying something that is more truthful).
    • 02. "To be honest ..." (then saying something that is more honest).
    • 03. "To be fair ..." (then saying something that is more balanced & fair).
    Every time when I hear someone using 01. and or 02. and or 03. I always say: "WHAT (THE F) IS WRONG BEING ALWAYS FRANK, HONEST & FAIR?"

The world would be really better place if people STOP lying to themselves and to others "to fit in" and call it being "social".

No wonder the world is a big mess, there are also "social" types in The Netherlands "acting nice & empathic" but they can easily change in collectivist tyrants imposing stuff and "demanding" stuff and become "authoritarians" claiming to be "inclusive" and "tolerant" but are obviously NOT ... They lie to or deceive themselves, beLIEving they "are" what they claim ... This self-deception rhetoric often happens in a "hive mind" aka "group think", collectivist setting, not really take any responsibility of their own quality of thinking (acting accordingly). They rather hide behind the mainstream pushed narratives (whatever that is) and we have seen that happening in 2020 onward with countless examples!

I personally met & experienced all kinds of non-Dutch people who totally get it what I am saying ... and they have severe issues to practice above insights & wisdom in their own country because they are in a small minority ... Thus, have less experience how to live your life to the fullest! ... If you are surrounded by people lying to themselves, it can be highly depressing dealing with that day in day out ... Soon I will make a "Part 2" of this post giving practical tips how to make things better and more empowering for all people who get it!
    #JohnKuhles
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 23rd July 2024 at 00:06.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Antagenet (24th July 2024), bojancan (22nd July 2024), Dumpster Diver (22nd July 2024), edina (24th July 2024), Johan (Keyholder) (24th July 2024), Le Chat (23rd July 2024), Mari (24th July 2024), NancyV (24th July 2024), Yoda (23rd July 2024)

15. Link to Post #8
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 times in 217 posts

No lie…the Dutch are blunt folk!

🥸

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Post:

edina (24th July 2024), ExomatrixTV (23rd July 2024), Mike (24th July 2024), NancyV (24th July 2024), Yoda (23rd July 2024)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by edina (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    Daniel may not yet have the sort of intelligence agency connections that supposedly Rogan and Peterson have, so they are not in each others networks or run in the same circles.

However, if Daniel Schmachtenberger's information starts getting some traction and larger numbers of people start listening to him, someone will want to hijack his work, and at that point, the bigger players (or media assets?) will reach out to him. And the narrative will become how he's a part of the deep state, too. That pattern has played out so consistently that its now become predictable.

By the way, I started listening to that LONG video with Daniel Schmachtenberger and Mark Wooding. I don't usually do that, it's difficult for me to carve out that kind of time in my schedule. But I went to his Civilization Emerging website and he's asking intelligent, helpful and useful questions. I decided to give it a listen. I'm about half way through the video and taking notes, and downloading the work of people he mentions and resources listed on his site.

I agree with Mark Wooding, Daniel Schmachtenberger is a DEEP thinker. It looks like he's been considering this current world dynamic his whole life, and he's insightful and articulate. Another Renaissance Human in my opinion.
    As I've been looking more closely at Daniel Schmachtenberger I discovered that he has done an interview with Joe Rogan, from 3 weeks ago... with Tristan Harris, who Daniel has often worked with in the past.

Joe Rogan Experience #1736 - Tristan Harris & Daniel Schmachtenberger

Quote Tristan Harris is a former Google design ethicist, co-founder and president of the Center for Humane Technology, and co-host of the Center for Humane Technology’s "Your Undivided Attention" podcast with Aza Raskin. Daniel Schmachtenberger is a founding member of The Consilience Project, aimed at improving public sensemaking and dialogue.
    This is long form, about 3 hours. I'll come in later and fill in chapters and notes, when I have a bit more time.
    John, this video may go off topic from this thread. Let me know if you want to keep it here.
    Maybe it needs a thread of it's own?

Joe Rogan Experience #1736 - Tristan Harris & Daniel Schmachtenberger

Note Added: This interview originally happened 20211118. You can tell it's older because Daniel's hair is shorter. For some reason it was reposted on PowerfulJRE, 3 weeks ago.

When I update with notes it will be in this thread, Daniel Schmachtenberger - The War on Sensemaking

A quick look at the comments below this video, people express a frustration that they wanted to hear more from Daniel and less from Tristan.

Anyway, Joe Rogan had at least a little bit of exposure to Daniel Schmachtenberger back in 2021.
    Last edited by edina; 24th July 2024 at 00:44.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (24th July 2024), Mike (24th July 2024), NancyV (24th July 2024), Yoda (24th July 2024)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 times in 354 posts

• Living in brutal self-honesty does not mean you think you are "flawless", but at least you are willing to learn & improve yourself no matter what!
    As someone who is Dutch (born & raised) most who are real people from The Netherlands are KNOWN to be unfiltered, coming across "arrogant" and-or "rude", blunt, super frank, outspoken, straightforward, highly pragmatic but NOT claiming to be "all knowing", there is always room for improvement! ... If you are surrounded by people who do the same, you can sense if someone has "evil intent" or allows everybody to have their own personal growth dealing with controversial issues ... It is all "trial & error" learning from mistakes and move on!

When you get a genuine, honest feedback that is 100% truthful from the perspective of someone, it does not mean that person is not willing to learn new insights it may have overlooked. If you are surrounded by people NOT giving truthful "feedback" >>> How on earth should you improve yourself if they think you can not handle the truth?

There are 100s of very good YT videos explaining WHY the Dutch are like that and how it is often seen as very liberating for many foreigners living for a couple of months here. They see the practical benefits of being "brutally honest" and actually mean what you say .... not "playing nice" all the time ... If a Dutch person is nice it is mostly 100% genuine without "hidden agendas" without being conditional and so many outside The Netherlands do not get that (sadly enough!).
    • There is so much more I can say about the psychology behind all this, but I leave that for a different time.
    What I notice with many (not all) people living in the USA but much more with people living in UK that their 3 most used common phrases I personally will NEVER use or have to use ever!
    Every time when I hear someone using 01. and or 02. and or 03. I always say: "WHAT (THE F) IS WRONG BEING ALWAYS FRANK, HONEST & FAIR?"

The world would be really better place if people STOP lying to themselves and to others "to fit in" and call it being "social".

No wonder the world is a big mess, there are also "social" types in The Netherlands "acting nice & empathic" but they can easily change in collectivist tyrants imposing stuff and "demanding" stuff and become "authoritarians" claiming to be "inclusive" and "tolerant" but are obviously NOT ... They lie to or deceive themselves, beLIEving they "are" what they claim ... This self-deception rhetoric often happens in a "hive mind" aka "group think", collectivist setting, not really take any responsibility of their own quality of thinking (acting accordingly). They rather hide behind the mainstream pushed narratives (whatever that is) and we have seen that happening in 2020 onward with countless examples!

I personally met & experienced all kinds of non-Dutch people who totally get it what I am saying ... and they have severe issues to practice above insights & wisdom in their own country because they are in a small minority ... Thus, have less experience how to live your life to the fullest! ... If you are surrounded by people lying to themselves, it can be highly depressing dealing with that day in day out ... Soon I will make a "Part 2" of this post giving practical tips how to make things better and more empowering for all people who get it!
    #JohnKuhles
    That sounds like paradise!

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Antagenet For This Post:

bojancan (29th July 2024), edina (24th July 2024), ExomatrixTV (24th July 2024), Johan (Keyholder) (24th July 2024), Mike (24th July 2024), NancyV (24th July 2024), Yoda (24th July 2024)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,485 times in 1,787 posts

This topic: how ordinarily good willed folks become complicit and influenced to adopt hostile and very mean spirited ways of acting & thinking has been a continual theme of my thoughts since I was a little boy. For a range of reasons I have been a keen observer of 'people' for a very long time, you might say that I am a natural psychologist, in the sense that Nietzsche considered himself to be a psychologist, he had qualifications with Etymology (the origins of linguistic meaning) and some natural philosophy, but he was not a professional psychologist...but, I digress! I have been made aware of the history of psychological experiments, whereby individuals are presented with opportunities to gain authority, in various contexts and situations - in each situation it seems there are more people who take great advantage of this capacity to inflict punishment and bad consequences on 'subjects' than who defer this opportunity, or even reject it. It would seem that the 'average' Joe/Jill public is a potential monster, given half a chance many of us would happily injure/kill, or produce very awkward and unpleasant conditions for another human being IF a sufficient level of official authority is provided. This conclusion has often disturbed and disappointed me: this is the reason why many of us tend to be quiet/reclusive, yes?

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

avid (24th July 2024), edina (24th July 2024), ExomatrixTV (24th July 2024), NancyV (24th July 2024), Sue (Ayt) (24th July 2024), Yoda (24th July 2024)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dumpster Diver (here)

🥸
    When I was stationed in Germany, many Americans around me found the Germans rude. I experienced them as forthright and direct. Which I prefer. My mother's side of the family was mostly German immigrants (there was also some Commanche and Chochtaw, too, and what my great-grandmother called, Black Irish), so I was more comfortable with that direct style of communication.

I also noticed that the language was "commanding" which may have contributed a bit to the cultural misunderstandings between American and German. For a simple example, in America, our signs say "No Smoking". In German it was verboden, or "Smoking Forbidden". The feeling tone of the two different ways of expressing that concept are very different.

The Netherlands language is probably different than German, but also probably falls in a similar expressive style.
    Last edited by edina; 24th July 2024 at 12:41.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (24th July 2024), Mike (24th July 2024), NancyV (24th July 2024), Yoda (24th July 2024)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by edina (here)
    Quote Posted by Dumpster Diver (here)

🥸
    When I was stationed in Germany, many Americans around me found the Germans rude. I experienced them as forthright and direct. Which I prefer. My mother's side of the family was mostly German immigrants (there was also some Commanche and Chochtaw, too, and what my great-grandmother called, Black Irish), so I was more comfortable with that direct style of communication.

I also noticed that the language was "commanding" which may have contributed a bit to the cultural misunderstandings between American and German. For a simple example, in America, our signs say "No Smoking". In German it was verboden, or "Smoking Forbidden". The feeling tone of the two different ways of expressing that concept are very different.

The Netherlands language is probably different than German, but also probably falls in a similar expressive style.
    Germans 🇩🇪 can understand Dutch 🇳🇱 about 65% sometimes even 70% and vice versa ... as both are "Germanic Languages" !!

Most Dutch people born & raised in The Netherlands learn basics of the German 🇩🇪 & French 🇫🇷 & English 🇬🇧 language at schools and can decide couple years later to drop French or German (or both) but not English that stays in our basic education in almost everything.

Keep in mind above video is old ... The Netherlands 🇳🇱 has 18 million citizens now not "16 million" because of the (EU/WEF pushed) mass immigration policies.

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 21st August 2024 at 12:39.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

edina (24th July 2024), Mike (24th July 2024), NancyV (24th July 2024), Yoda (28th July 2024)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Antagenet (here)
    "That sounds like paradise!"
    DISCLAIMER: These are my personal perspectives, my "points of view" and should not be seen as "absolute" nor that everything I claim is "set in stone".

If you were Dutch 🇳🇱, 90-99% chance you meant what you just said to me ... but if you are from UK 🇬🇧, you might be saying that to be sarcastic ... what I sensed is that you are sincere and truthful (but I could be wrong).

When Dutch people are sarcastic, most (not all) will put a bit more effort to show (giving obvious hints) it was meant as an exaggeration or being weird on purpose.

Sarcasm is often taken literally by sensitive "social" types (also known as "snowflakes") meanwhile laugh at people who say something controversial in a serious way <<< This is a common theme within "group behavior" & tribalism, which makes things only worse, not better.

* No wonder so many can "not get along" as sarcasm is for most sensitive people seen as: "passive aggressiveness".

How I see "passive aggressiveness" is very simple: If you can not be truthful to others because you want to "fit in" ... you may even want to correct others or ask critical questions but chose NOT to do that "for the greater good" idea ... Meanwhile, you have witnessed/experienced a form of injustice you did not clear out, your assessments (that may be 100% or partly correct) but you did not check if your assumptions are legit. You do not know how to get "constructive feedback" because you may be surrounded by people who are NOT honest to themselves and may lie to you thinking you can not handle "the truth". This arrogance that is connected to "collectivism" (tribalism) makes it only worse. So many do not dare to be: open, frank and honest that almost everybody is psychological TRAPPED in so many baseless assumptions. Which can be extremely exhausting and depressing at the same time.

Thus, some of your emotions could be based upon a story in your head about (alleged) "unjust things/experiences" and (partly) 100% what really happened to you. By withholding (keeping quiet) your true emotional stress, burying that to "play nice" all the time.

This build up of anger raging inside eventually needs to "blow off some steam" ... when that happens, super big chance you do that in a very unrealistic (not pragmatic) often using exaggerations mixed with false accusations to show-case "HOW YOU REALLY FEEL".

The drama queen rhetoric becomes like a symbol or avatar, how you feel ... that does not represent what actually happened but much more your incompetence to be open, honest & frank from day 1.

Sarcasm in the wrong hands can come off as a bit awkward if somebody is furious but has no way of showing true face (<<< super sad!). But if you are not angry nor furious, you still can use sarcasm "to make a point" without being "passive-aggressive". And I understand why it is: that not everybody gets that!

cheers,
    John Kuhles 🦜🦋🌳
    July 24th, 2024
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 26th July 2024 at 11:21.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Mike (24th July 2024), NancyV (24th July 2024), Yoda (28th July 2024)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,075 times in 990 posts

The couple of times I visited Amsterdam in the mid 60's I loved the Dutch people and very much enjoyed the country. I think most called it Holland at that time as did I. I've always loved direct people who express their opinions and have had wonderful debates with with many scientists, especially physicists, who used to call me just to argue with me. To have a good debate one needs to be somewhat open to being wrong about their "beliefs". I have let go of so many past "beliefs" that I now feel like nothing can be proven even if you experience it yourself.

Even when I was young and in school I would argue with teachers about many things. I had grown up reading hundreds of books starting at a very young age and I often knew when teachers espoused incorrect history and theories. Good thing I never cared what anyone else thought about me. I did finally quit high school when I was still 16 and moved alone to Mexico. ( I actually lived with a Swedish physicist for a while and we loved arguing) LOL ... I've always preferred people who are direct but I do not like extreme egotists who have a need to be recognized, in control and place a lot of value on money, looks, and material things.

As wonderful as Holland (the Netherlands) was, France did not appeal to me at all. I spoke enough French to understand it well but apparently my accent wasn't good enough for rude French people. I did want to explore France but left fairly quickly because of the rudeness of so many people. I loved the Dutch people!

As far as more people being attracted to "evil" now it seems like the balance between "good" and "evil" is constantly changing. It is now leaning way more towards the evil side although I always think there is a reason for everything that we can't possibly know. God gives us complete free choice and what we choose here on the Earth plane can teach us the consequences of our actions and attitudes. We judge ourselves and what I experienced in my hundreds of out of body travels and merging with "god" is that we are not judged by god, unlike what is said in the bible. Love does not judge. God is love and we are one with god.
    Alpha Mike Foxtrot

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

edina (24th July 2024), Ewan (25th July 2024), ExomatrixTV (24th July 2024), Mike (24th July 2024), Sue (Ayt) (24th July 2024), Yoda (28th July 2024)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,330 times in 1,793 posts

Quote Posted by Mike Gorman (here)
    This topic: how ordinarily good willed folks become complicit and influenced to adopt hostile and very mean spirited ways of acting & thinking has been a continual theme of my thoughts since I was a little boy. For a range of reasons I have been a keen observer of 'people' for a very long time, you might say that I am a natural psychologist, in the sense that Nietzsche considered himself to be a psychologist, he had qualifications with Etymology (the origins of linguistic meaning) and some natural philosophy, but he was not a professional psychologist...but, I digress! I have been made aware of the history of psychological experiments, whereby individuals are presented with opportunities to gain authority, in various contexts and situations - in each situation it seems there are more people who take great advantage of this capacity to inflict punishment and bad consequences on 'subjects' than who defer this opportunity, or even reject it. It would seem that the 'average' Joe/Jill public is a potential monster, given half a chance many of us would happily injure/kill, or produce very awkward and unpleasant conditions for another human being IF a sufficient level of official authority is provided. This conclusion has often disturbed and disappointed me: this is the reason why many of us tend to be quiet/reclusive, yes?
    I was in a management position at a somewhat large retail chain drug company... And I really surprised my boss when I was promoted, as he then began to try to mold me into the "Corporate model of management". This meant he would belittle employees that were not in the ranks of management, he would tell me to in essence, belittle them into submission, and if that didn't work, get rid of them.

I believe before I left that employer, I had really shook this man up, because I was the only one who didn't say "Yes Sir" and go about degrading my fellow human being... Instead, I praised them for what they did do well, and redirected their efforts to what they were actually good at. The end result was less labor costs, increased productivity, and better profits. And the most important benefit of doing things my way? People were happy to be there!

I left with my head held high, and as friends with my co workers rather than "Their boss". I frowned when the higher ups would suggest that somehow we used the new technology to fudge numbers, or to get rid of excess. We did everything by the books, and because we did, we had a sense of pride in what we did... And I think that is important to maintain always...

While these tests show most not behaving in this way, I believe it is as a result of a lack of parenting. A lack of time and knowledge from previous generations who felt they had to do anything they could to even "Break even" at the end of the day. Even if it meant keeping their mouths shut.

I remember once being called to task because of sabotage. Someone had taken a hose with chemicals in it, and pulled it out of a sink deliberately, then claimed I had done it. I was "Written up" for this mistake, and was asked to sign an acknowledgement that I was notified that this had happened, and my guilt. I laughed and took the paper, wrote on it... "I am being told I must sign in acknowledgement that this accusation is being leveled against me, but I DID NOT do what is being reported here"... and then signed it.

It only takes one individual to stand up to the "System"... And I believe that in my own standing up, it gave my supervisor a bit more confidence in their own ability to do the same. I wasn't going to take any crap from someone merely because they lie about me or my actions... Period. My integrity means something to me..

So for those who find themselves in an uncomfortable situation, stand up for yourselves, no one else is going to... And the only way to change things for the good is to be the change that you wish to see.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (28th July 2024), ExomatrixTV (28th July 2024), NancyV (31st July 2024), Yoda (28th July 2024)

33. Link to Post #17
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,182 times in 866 posts

#JohnKuhles
    John, thank you for your heartfelt pleading for truthfulness.

Allow me, who am a Dutch speaker just like you are, but admittedly with a slightly different admixture of 'cultural influences” from you — as we all are or should be, singular and unique as we are – give the following consideration a thought: what is the "Dutch“ frankness (bluntness?) you are praising worth when it is associated with the group think you are condemning? Coming from this “slightly different admixture” and having worked, lived and loved in the Netherlands, I tend to have a sharpened sense for the unholy "alliance” between group think and frankness early on and it reminds me of quite unpleasant ideological adventures in the past which the Netherlands easily glided off into.

Belgians are appreciated for their "sense of diplomacy” (as against frankness) and "joie de vivre”.. Well, also in Belgium, there is a disappointing dominance of "group" think". What is all the diplomatic legerdemain worth when it associates itself with group think? You get a quite ready tendency to collaborate with whoever is in power.. and hence an other variant of the unpleasant ideological adventures in the past which Belgium smoothly glided off into.

Nations, peoples and people make me suspicious, John. Give me unique human beings whom I can admire, respect, hold dear, learn from. The Divine does not ask us more than that. It is a life’s task. A not so simple task, because it may require giving our life for it.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (28th July 2024), NancyV (31st July 2024), Yoda (29th July 2024)

35. Link to Post #18
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Michel Leclerc (here)

#JohnKuhles
    John, thank you for your heartfelt pleading for truthfulness.

Allow me, who am a Dutch speaker just like you are, but admittedly with a slightly different admixture of 'cultural influences” from you — as we all are or should be, singular and unique as we are – give the following consideration a thought: what is the "Dutch“ frankness (bluntness?) you are praising worth when it is associated with the group think you are condemning? Coming from this “slightly different admixture” and having worked, lived and loved in the Netherlands, I tend to have a sharpened sense for the unholy "alliance” between group think and frankness early on and it reminds me of quite unpleasant ideological adventures in the past which the Netherlands easily glided off into.

Belgians are appreciated for their "sense of diplomacy” (as against frankness) and "joie de vivre”.. Well, also in Belgium, there is a disappointing dominance of "group" think". What is all the diplomatic legerdemain worth when it associates itself with group think? You get a quite ready tendency to collaborate with whoever is in power.. and hence an other variant of the unpleasant ideological adventures in the past which Belgium smoothly glided off into.

Nations, peoples and people make me suspicious, John. Give me unique human beings whom I can admire, respect, hold dear, learn from. The Divine does not ask us more than that. It is a life’s task. A not so simple task, because it may require giving our life for it.
    Nothing wrong to question everything.
    • In my view, every culture has genuine authentic people (who are not flawless) that do not blindly go along with "status quo" (powers that be) and how they are treated decides the fate of a whole country or culture.
    The more people are really free to criticize, question & challenge "group think" behavior, the better off society will be in the long run ... If that process is in decline >>> due to, among others: orchestrated abuse of "mass formation psychosis" ... The enslaved become the guards of their own mass imprisonment.

Time to Unslave Humanity!

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 28th July 2024 at 23:26.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Michel Leclerc (29th July 2024), NancyV (31st July 2024), Satori (29th July 2024), Yoda (29th July 2024)

37. Link to Post #19
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,182 times in 866 posts

“In my view, every culture has genuine authentic people...”

True.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (29th July 2024), NancyV (31st July 2024), Yoda (29th July 2024)

39. Link to Post #20
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Michel Leclerc (here)
    “In my view, every culture has genuine, authentic people...”

True.

Most likely, very old Souls

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

NancyV (31st July 2024), Yoda (29th July 2024)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast