+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

  1. Link to Post #1
    UK Avalon Founder Bill Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th February 2010
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    40,111
    Thanks
    297,505
    Thanked 530,662 times in 38,651 posts

    Default An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    Dear Friends,

    I've received a long PM from someone we all know well who has a very worrying health problem they just can't diagnose on their own. They didn't want to post about that personally, being understandably sensitive about preserving their privacy.

    With that person's permission, I'll summarize the issue below, the PM I received being edited just a little. I have one or two immediate thoughts myself, but I'd welcome the opinions, insights, suggestions, and reported experience of others first.

    Can anyone assist?

    ~~~
    In need of help
    I don't know exactly what's wrong with me but I do know that a blood test, and ultrasound and maybe an X-ray would give me a good idea of what's going on.

    I didn't know where to turn for help... until I realized the Project Avalon has been my family for a long, long time, accepting my insights and even my learning like a real family does. If you think anyone can help, please post this request anywhere on Avalon you may think best.

    My kidneys hurt, making it hard to rest, being woken up by sharp pains. I called up a state-wide health service and found out that although I have had Medicare Plan A, hospital only, AND HAVE NEVER USED OR TAKEN A PENNY FOR ANY OF THOSE SERVICES, it turns out that I won't qualify for the necessary tests until Jan.1, as I would have to pay for those tests with money I do not have.

    My son is so worried about me that he has been calling often with all of the phone numbers for any possible help. I spent the last 3 days on the phone with them.

    In the last 3 months, since May 1, I have lost 26 lbs., from 178 to 152. At 5' 9" it's not that I had a lot to lose. I woke up with my lower abdomen swollen along with my right leg. That swelling has gone down for the most part, but the inability to eat much and having a time with finding good water has made it all difficult. I always eat as well as I can afford and take a few supplements, without ever taking any legal or illegal drugs or alcohol and have been a vegetarian for 52 years, now only adding cheese and whole butter.

    I haven't had running water for over 3 years and have learned to gather toilet flushing water from overflow coming off of the roof, but I have had a harsh education on buying water at the local health food stores. For the 1st 2 years I got Reverse Osmosis water, WHICH THOSE STORES NEGLECTED TO TELL ME DE-MINERALIZES TOOTH ENAMEL. I do get "alkalinized" water but it feels as if the Reverse Osmosis used to purify it before re-mineralizing is somehow off.

    My friend did some muscle testing which showed that I am dehydrated. My organs are at well below what is needed: at 50% or less for liver, kidneys, pancreas and digestion.

    I did have a 4 day episode of having blood in my urine, a sign of kidney dysfunction. My pee was a dark red.

    My urine cleared up on the 4th day, but I don't know what's up, still having these kidney, lower right back and lower right abdomen pains. It could be kidneys, an appendicitis, or a polyp. It needs to be quickly diagnosed.

  2. The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

    9ideon (17th August 2026), Anna70 (26th August 2026), aoibhghaire (16th August 2026), AutumnW (15th August 2026), Bluegreen (8th September 2026), BMJ (17th August 2026), bobme (16th August 2026), bojancan (16th August 2026), Caren (6th September 2026), Casey Claar (15th August 2026), Chip (17th August 2026), Denise/Dizi (16th August 2026), DNA (15th August 2026), East Sun (15th August 2026), Eric J (Viking) (15th August 2026), Ernie Nemeth (15th August 2026), Ewan (16th August 2026), ExomatrixTV (17th August 2026), grapevine (15th August 2026), Harmony (16th August 2026), Heart to heart (15th August 2026), Hym (16th August 2026), Inversion (17th August 2026), Ioneo (16th August 2026), Irminsül (16th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), jc71 (17th August 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (16th August 2026), lisalu (17th August 2026), Mark (Star Mariner) (15th August 2026), Matthew (17th August 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), mountain_jim (16th August 2026), Nasu (16th August 2026), onevoice (16th August 2026), pabranno (16th August 2026), pacificator (16th August 2026), petra (15th August 2026), Raskolnikov (15th August 2026), rgray222 (15th August 2026), Rizotto (16th August 2026), RunningDeer (5th September 2026), Squareinthecircle (15th August 2026), Sue (Ayt) (15th August 2026), Suzi E (17th August 2026), T Smith (17th August 2026), The KMan (16th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (15th August 2026)

  3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Casey Claar's Avatar
    Join Date
    26th April 2022
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Language
    English
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,329
    Thanks
    7,603
    Thanked 12,679 times in 1,328 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

    ~~~
    In need of help
    I don't know exactly what's wrong with me but I do know that a blood test, and ultrasound and maybe an X-ray would give me a good idea of what's going on.

    I didn't know where to turn for help... until I realized the Project Avalon has been my family for a long, long time, accepting my insights and even my learning like a real family does. If you think anyone can help, please post this request anywhere on Avalon you may think best.

    My kidneys hurt, making it hard to rest, being woken up by sharp pains. I called up a state-wide health service and found out that although I have had Medicare Plan A, hospital only, AND HAVE NEVER USED OR TAKEN A PENNY FOR ANY OF THOSE SERVICES, it turns out that I won't qualify for the necessary tests until Jan.1, as I would have to pay for those tests with money I do not have.

    My son is so worried about me that he has been calling often with all of the phone numbers for any possible help. I spent the last 3 days on the phone with them.

    In the last 3 months, since May 1, I have lost 26 lbs., from 178 to 152. At 5' 9" it's not that I had a lot to lose. I woke up with my lower abdomen swollen along with my right leg. That swelling has gone down for the most part, but the inability to eat much and having a time with finding good water has made it all difficult. I always eat as well as I can afford and take a few supplements, without ever taking any legal or illegal drugs or alcohol and have been a vegetarian for 52 years, now only adding cheese and whole butter.

    I haven't had running water for over 3 years and have learned to gather toilet flushing water from overflow coming off of the roof, but I have had a harsh education on buying water at the local health food stores. For the 1st 2 years I got Reverse Osmosis water, WHICH THOSE STORES NEGLECTED TO TELL ME DE-MINERALIZES TOOTH ENAMEL. I do get "alkalinized" water but it feels as if the Reverse Osmosis used to purify it before re-mineralizing is somehow off.

    My friend did some muscle testing which showed that I am dehydrated. My organs are at well below what is needed: at 50% or less for liver, kidneys, pancreas and digestion.

    I did have a 4 day episode of having blood in my urine, a sign of kidney dysfunction. My pee was a dark red.

    My urine cleared up on the 4th day, but I don't know what's up, still having these kidney, lower right back and lower right abdomen pains. It could be kidneys, an appendicitis, or a polyp. It needs to be quickly diagnosed.
    I have questions.

    Has this person been taking their vital readings? of any kind? : blood pressure, body temperature, oxygen sats, blood glucose, etc..

    There are signs present in what has been shared of renal failure, so the vital readings would be really helpful.

    I would suggest, as soon as possible to order some urine protein test strips to see if, and how much protein is present in the urine. If it is possible to get multiple daily blood pressure readings over the course of the next week, and morning fasting blood-glucose this would also be extremely telling.

    I'm so sorry to hear of this health challenge. I am going through my at present as well.

    Sending out a warm energy blast { { { wave } } }


    Casey
    "Love is what is left when you let go of everything you no longer need." —Raj

  4. The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

    Anna70 (26th August 2026), aoibhghaire (16th August 2026), AutumnW (15th August 2026), Bill Ryan (15th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), bobme (16th August 2026), bojancan (16th August 2026), Chip (17th August 2026), DNA (15th August 2026), East Sun (18th August 2026), Ewan (16th August 2026), ExomatrixTV (17th August 2026), grapevine (15th August 2026), Harmony (16th August 2026), Heart to heart (5th September 2026), Hym (16th August 2026), Ioneo (16th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (16th August 2026), lisalu (17th August 2026), Mark (Star Mariner) (15th August 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), mountain_jim (16th August 2026), Nasu (16th August 2026), pacificator (16th August 2026), Peace in Oz (16th August 2026), petra (15th August 2026), rgray222 (15th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), Sue (Ayt) (15th August 2026), T Smith (17th August 2026), The KMan (16th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (15th August 2026)

  5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member
    Join Date
    4th November 2012
    Posts
    3,350
    Thanks
    7,008
    Thanked 14,963 times in 3,000 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    If the member doesn't qualify for coverage unless they are hospitalized, it would be best she get herself there somehow, immediately. It sounds as if her symptoms warrant emergency care, followed by hospitalization. I feel really bad for her/him. It's awful!

  6. The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

    Anna70 (26th August 2026), aoibhghaire (16th August 2026), Bill Ryan (15th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), bobme (16th August 2026), bojancan (16th August 2026), Chip (17th August 2026), DNA (15th August 2026), East Sun (17th August 2026), Ewan (16th August 2026), ExomatrixTV (17th August 2026), grapevine (15th August 2026), Harmony (16th August 2026), Heart to heart (5th September 2026), Hym (16th August 2026), Ioneo (16th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), jc71 (17th August 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (16th August 2026), kudzy (16th August 2026), lisalu (17th August 2026), Mark (Star Mariner) (15th August 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), mountain_jim (16th August 2026), Nasu (16th August 2026), pacificator (16th August 2026), petra (15th August 2026), rgray222 (15th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), Sue (Ayt) (15th August 2026), T Smith (17th August 2026), The KMan (16th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (15th August 2026)

  7. Link to Post #4
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    21st May 2020
    Language
    German
    Posts
    1,031
    Thanks
    2,124
    Thanked 8,418 times in 1,018 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    If the member doesn't qualify for coverage unless they are hospitalized, it would be best she get herself there somehow, immediately. It sounds as if her symptoms warrant emergency care, followed by hospitalization. I feel really bad for her/him. It's awful!
    I second that. Call the ambulance. You need to be in a hospital. Really, please. I would do so for myself if I had these problems or s.o. around me.
    Propaganda entails appealing to the best in human nature to convince the audience to do the worst in human nature. - Glenn Diesen

  8. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

    Anna70 (26th August 2026), aoibhghaire (16th August 2026), AutumnW (15th August 2026), Bill Ryan (15th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), bojancan (16th August 2026), Denise/Dizi (16th August 2026), DNA (15th August 2026), Ewan (16th August 2026), ExomatrixTV (17th August 2026), grapevine (15th August 2026), Harmony (16th August 2026), Hym (16th August 2026), Ioneo (16th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), jc71 (17th August 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (16th August 2026), lisalu (17th August 2026), Mark (Star Mariner) (15th August 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), Michi (15th August 2026), mountain_jim (16th August 2026), Nasu (16th August 2026), pacificator (16th August 2026), petra (16th August 2026), rgray222 (15th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), Sue (Ayt) (15th August 2026), T Smith (17th August 2026), The KMan (16th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (15th August 2026)

  9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member pacificator's Avatar
    Join Date
    16th March 2020
    Language
    English
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 343 times in 47 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    If the member doesn't qualify for coverage unless they are hospitalized, it would be best she get herself there somehow, immediately. It sounds as if her symptoms warrant emergency care, followed by hospitalization. I feel really bad for her/him. It's awful!
    I second that too, looks like an emergency hospital care.
    Love with no fear

  10. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to pacificator For This Post:

    Anna70 (26th August 2026), aoibhghaire (16th August 2026), AutumnW (15th August 2026), Bill Ryan (15th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), bojancan (16th August 2026), Denise/Dizi (16th August 2026), DNA (15th August 2026), Ewan (16th August 2026), ExomatrixTV (17th August 2026), grapevine (15th August 2026), Harmony (16th August 2026), Hym (16th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), jc71 (17th August 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (16th August 2026), lisalu (17th August 2026), Mark (Star Mariner) (15th August 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), Michi (16th August 2026), mountain_jim (16th August 2026), Nasu (16th August 2026), petra (16th August 2026), rgray222 (15th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), Sue (Ayt) (15th August 2026), T Smith (17th August 2026), The KMan (16th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (15th August 2026)

  11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Join Date
    26th May 2010
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,718
    Thanks
    196
    Thanked 283 times in 25 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Dear Friends,

    I've received a long PM from someone we all know well who has a very worrying health problem they just can't diagnose on their own. They didn't want to post about that personally, being understandably sensitive about preserving their privacy.

    With that person's permission, I'll summarize the issue below, the PM I received being edited just a little. I have one or two immediate thoughts myself, but I'd welcome the opinions, insights, suggestions, and reported experience of others first.

    Can anyone assist?

    ~~~
    In need of help
    I don't know exactly what's wrong with me but I do know that a blood test, and ultrasound and maybe an X-ray would give me a good idea of what's going on.

    I didn't know where to turn for help... until I realized the Project Avalon has been my family for a long, long time, accepting my insights and even my learning like a real family does. If you think anyone can help, please post this request anywhere on Avalon you may think best.

    My kidneys hurt, making it hard to rest, being woken up by sharp pains. I called up a state-wide health service and found out that although I have had Medicare Plan A, hospital only, AND HAVE NEVER USED OR TAKEN A PENNY FOR ANY OF THOSE SERVICES, it turns out that I won't qualify for the necessary tests until Jan.1, as I would have to pay for those tests with money I do not have.

    My son is so worried about me that he has been calling often with all of the phone numbers for any possible help. I spent the last 3 days on the phone with them.

    In the last 3 months, since May 1, I have lost 26 lbs., from 178 to 152. At 5' 9" it's not that I had a lot to lose. I woke up with my lower abdomen swollen along with my right leg. That swelling has gone down for the most part, but the inability to eat much and having a time with finding good water has made it all difficult. I always eat as well as I can afford and take a few supplements, without ever taking any legal or illegal drugs or alcohol and have been a vegetarian for 52 years, now only adding cheese and whole butter.

    I haven't had running water for over 3 years and have learned to gather toilet flushing water from overflow coming off of the roof, but I have had a harsh education on buying water at the local health food stores. For the 1st 2 years I got Reverse Osmosis water, WHICH THOSE STORES NEGLECTED TO TELL ME DE-MINERALIZES TOOTH ENAMEL. I do get "alkalinized" water but it feels as if the Reverse Osmosis used to purify it before re-mineralizing is somehow off.

    My friend did some muscle testing which showed that I am dehydrated. My organs are at well below what is needed: at 50% or less for liver, kidneys, pancreas and digestion.

    I did have a 4 day episode of having blood in my urine, a sign of kidney dysfunction. My pee was a dark red.

    My urine cleared up on the 4th day, but I don't know what's up, still having these kidney, lower right back and lower right abdomen pains. It could be kidneys, an appendicitis, or a polyp. It needs to be quickly diagnosed.
    Go to the ER immediately. It sounds like you are in the USA. An ER must treat you and get you appropriate care. You may have a kidney infection. That is nothing to ignore. A septic infection may also exist.

  12. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

    Abondance (16th August 2026), Anna70 (26th August 2026), aoibhghaire (16th August 2026), AutumnW (15th August 2026), Bill Ryan (15th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), Denise/Dizi (16th August 2026), DNA (15th August 2026), Ewan (16th August 2026), ExomatrixTV (17th August 2026), grapevine (15th August 2026), Harmony (16th August 2026), Hym (16th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), jc71 (17th August 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (16th August 2026), lisalu (17th August 2026), Mark (Star Mariner) (15th August 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), Michi (16th August 2026), mountain_jim (16th August 2026), Nasu (16th August 2026), pacificator (16th August 2026), petra (16th August 2026), rgray222 (15th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), Sue (Ayt) (15th August 2026), T Smith (17th August 2026), The KMan (16th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (15th August 2026)

  13. Link to Post #7
    United States Administrator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    23rd December 2016
    Language
    English
    Posts
    3,769
    Thanks
    38,831
    Thanked 27,208 times in 3,471 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    I agree with everyone above. Medicare Part A apparently does not cover ER visits or tests, but the hospital must treat you and you really do need to figure out what is going on. (If you are admitted, it appears you would be fully covered.)

    Financially, worst case scenario would be that a large ER and test bill is accrued, and you are sent home. But realistically, I do think that most facilities do work with low-income people, sometimes lowering bills, sometimes waiving bills, sometimes offering emergency medicaid, or devising an affordable payment plan. As long as you show them that you are making an effort to pay down the bill, they leave you be - even if it's only a few dollars a month.

    But yes, kidney problems ARE an emergency, and even if you went to a clinic, the doc would likely send you to the ER anyway.
    Last edited by Sue (Ayt); 15th August 2026 at 22:10.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

  14. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

    Anna70 (26th August 2026), aoibhghaire (16th August 2026), Arcturian108 (16th August 2026), Bill Ryan (15th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), bojancan (16th August 2026), Denise/Dizi (16th August 2026), DNA (15th August 2026), Ewan (16th August 2026), ExomatrixTV (17th August 2026), grapevine (15th August 2026), Harmony (16th August 2026), Hym (16th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), jc71 (17th August 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (16th August 2026), lisalu (17th August 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), mountain_jim (16th August 2026), Nasu (16th August 2026), pacificator (16th August 2026), petra (16th August 2026), Ravenlocke (17th August 2026), rgray222 (15th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), Satori (15th August 2026), The KMan (16th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (16th August 2026)

  15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member rgray222's Avatar
    Join Date
    24th September 2010
    Language
    English
    Posts
    3,711
    Thanks
    14,810
    Thanked 33,943 times in 3,600 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    I am assuming that this person is in the USA because of the discussion concerning Medicare.

    There are over 1,400 free and charitable clinics in the United States that provide medical care to uninsured and underinsured individuals. These clinics are typically nonprofit organizations staffed by volunteer healthcare professionals and funded by donations, offering services such as primary care, chronic disease management, dental care, and basic medications at no cost or on a sliding scale based on income.

    These facilities serve as a critical safety net for those who cannot afford private healthcare or qualify for government programs like Medicaid. To locate a clinic, individuals can use online directories such as the National Association of Free & Charitable Clinics (NAFC) (see below) or search for Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), which also offer low-cost care on a sliding scale and accept all patients regardless of immigration status.

    National Association of Free and Charitable Clinics = https://basicneeds.arizona.edu/natio...itable-clinics
    Tel number: 703 647-7427 I believe this number will direct you to a clinic. I called, and it appears to be closed on weekends. I assume it is open Monday - Friday, 9-5

    Tel number: 855 500-7433 This is a donation line, which I called, and it appears to be open Monday - Friday, 9- 5. If you have no luck at the above number, try this one to see if they can direct you to a location

    Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs): this link will take you to a search page called Find a health center Here is a 2:30 video explaining what a Federally Qualified Health Centers Definitely watch this video

    Here is a free clinic Wikipedia page. I suggest you read it and follow some of the links; there are many free and inexpensive clinics.

    There are many services that each state provides; search for free healthcare clinics, and you may find some relief at the state level

    If all else fails, I would recommend you take yourself to the emergency room at the nearest hospital and be dammed with the bill.

    Good Luck, I will pray for you and put you in my thoughts

  16. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

    Anna70 (26th August 2026), aoibhghaire (16th August 2026), Arcturian108 (16th August 2026), Bill Ryan (15th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), bojancan (16th August 2026), Denise/Dizi (16th August 2026), Ewan (16th August 2026), ExomatrixTV (17th August 2026), grapevine (15th August 2026), Harmony (16th August 2026), Hym (16th August 2026), Inversion (17th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (16th August 2026), lisalu (17th August 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), mountain_jim (16th August 2026), Nasu (16th August 2026), onawah (16th August 2026), pacificator (16th August 2026), petra (16th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), Sue (Ayt) (15th August 2026), Suzi E (17th August 2026), The KMan (16th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (16th August 2026)

  17. Link to Post #9
    UK Avalon Member
    Join Date
    2nd January 2011
    Location
    In the playground
    Language
    English
    Posts
    3,064
    Thanks
    40,854
    Thanked 23,856 times in 2,951 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    Firstly I'd cut out all supplements, especially those which you may have started 4 months ago (in case one/more of them is causing it) although it sounds like an infection tbh.

    And then I'd do a chronological list, also backdated 4 months to try and pinpoint its origins - eg. an outline from memory first of all, and then maybe texts, emails, whatsapps, to fill in the gaps (which is what I did when I suffered awful joint pains for months). It's surprising how small details start to build a picture. viz. New water source? New food? Illness? Supplement? Medication? Travel? Contact with animals? Anyone else around you becoming ill?

    Whatever it is it sounds serious and self-diagnosis is no substitute for a proper investigation if you can possibly get to ER then you really should, just to get a diagnosis if nothing else. Good Luck x
    "Is there an idea more radical in the history of the human race than turning your children over to total strangers whom you know nothing about, and having those strangers work on your child's mind, out of your sight, for a period of twelve years?" John Taylor Gatto

  18. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to grapevine For This Post:

    Anna70 (26th August 2026), aoibhghaire (16th August 2026), Bill Ryan (15th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), bojancan (16th August 2026), Denise/Dizi (16th August 2026), Ewan (16th August 2026), ExomatrixTV (17th August 2026), Harmony (16th August 2026), Hym (16th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), jc71 (17th August 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (16th August 2026), lisalu (17th August 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), Mike Gorman (16th August 2026), mountain_jim (16th August 2026), Nasu (16th August 2026), pacificator (16th August 2026), petra (16th August 2026), rgray222 (16th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), The KMan (16th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (16th August 2026)

  19. Link to Post #10
    France Avalon Member Abondance's Avatar
    Join Date
    1st January 2024
    Language
    French
    Age
    48
    Posts
    300
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 3,015 times in 297 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    It could be several things, one of them could be a nephrotic syndrom. Whatever is your kidneys disfunction, it is necessary to be fixed and treated quickly. But your weight loss and others signs seem to show problems more complex. In any case, I'll say the same as the others : please see rapidly a professionnal or go to hospital. And stop salt and supplements to ease the work of the kidneys.


  20. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Abondance For This Post:

    Anna70 (26th August 2026), aoibhghaire (16th August 2026), Bill Ryan (16th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), Denise/Dizi (16th August 2026), Ewan (16th August 2026), ExomatrixTV (17th August 2026), grapevine (16th August 2026), Harmony (16th August 2026), Hym (16th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), jc71 (17th August 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (16th August 2026), lisalu (17th August 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), mountain_jim (16th August 2026), petra (16th August 2026), Ravenlocke (17th August 2026), rgray222 (16th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), The KMan (16th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (16th August 2026)

  21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Join Date
    2nd July 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    2,080
    Thanks
    31,433
    Thanked 16,569 times in 2,054 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    If the member doesn't qualify for coverage unless they are hospitalized, it would be best she get herself there somehow, immediately. It sounds as if her symptoms warrant emergency care, followed by hospitalization. I feel really bad for her/him. It's awful!
    In America, all "For Profit" hospitals are required to donate a certain amount of benefit to the community they serve, whether it be writing off some debt, or all of it, until that fund runs out for the year... But in this case? I would suggest you do not even consider the financial burden, and really worry about your health as your number one priority, as they won't get a dime from anyone if you die... The guessing isn't worth your life hun.

    Regardless of what we may be guessing it could be? You need to be seen... You are dealing with very unforgiving organs...

    I recently had a close friend who moved out of state, and she literally went into a coma and had to be rushed to the hospital ICU when her liver failed from drinking... It was no joke... and no one knew it happened until they entered her house with a spare key to find her comotose. Because the edema really didn't seem to fit, I looked to see if it could be a liver issue, and this was the result... ABSOLUTELY it could be.... And it could be involving multiple organs at this point... Please put your health before an insurance companies "Rules for Pmt."



    The Ai answer...

    Yes, advanced liver disease can directly cause swelling in the legs (edema) and weight loss, while perceived "kidney pain" is often actually upper abdominal or back discomfort related to the liver or a secondary effect on the kidneys.

    How Liver Issues Cause These Symptoms

    Leg Swelling: A damaged or scarred liver makes less albumin, a protein that keeps fluid inside your blood vessels. Without enough albumin, fluid leaks into surrounding tissues and pools in the lower legs and ankles due to gravity.

    Weight Loss: Chronic liver trouble often ruins your appetite, and the body struggles to process and absorb nutrients properly, leading to muscle wasting and weight loss.

    "Kidney" Pain: The liver itself sits in the upper right abdomen, but liver swelling or fluid buildup (ascites) can cause dull aches that wrap around the back. Advanced liver failure can also strain the kidneys—a dangerous condition known as hepatorenal syndrome—which causes lower back or flank pain often mistaken for primary kidney problems.

    I wouldn't mess with it here, this is something that needs acute care now... The dehydration alone is enough to hospitalize you until they can get you rehydrated, meeting the standard for admittance would be a very low threshold at this point.... Please go and get checked out, if not for us, then please do it for your son (who must be beside himself by now....) This is acute, not something herbs will resolve hun.

  22. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

    Anna70 (26th August 2026), Bill Ryan (16th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), Ewan (17th August 2026), ExomatrixTV (17th August 2026), grapevine (16th August 2026), Harmony (17th August 2026), Hym (17th August 2026), Jaak (17th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), jc71 (17th August 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (17th August 2026), lisalu (17th August 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), mountain_jim (26th September 2026), petra (16th August 2026), rgray222 (17th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), Sue (Ayt) (17th August 2026), The KMan (16th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (17th August 2026)

  23. Link to Post #12
    Australia Avalon Member
    Join Date
    6th March 2021
    Language
    English
    Age
    66
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    8,779
    Thanked 786 times in 82 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Dear Friends,

    I've received a long PM from someone we all know well who has a very worrying health problem they just can't diagnose on their own. They didn't want to post about that personally, being understandably sensitive about preserving their privacy.

    With that person's permission, I'll summarize the issue below, the PM I received being edited just a little. I have one or two immediate thoughts myself, but I'd welcome the opinions, insights, suggestions, and reported experience of others first.

    Can anyone assist?

    ~~~
    In need of help
    I don't know exactly what's wrong with me but I do know that a blood test, and ultrasound and maybe an X-ray would give me a good idea of what's going on.

    I didn't know where to turn for help... until I realized the Project Avalon has been my family for a long, long time, accepting my insights and even my learning like a real family does. If you think anyone can help, please post this request anywhere on Avalon you may think best.

    My kidneys hurt, making it hard to rest, being woken up by sharp pains. I called up a state-wide health service and found out that although I have had Medicare Plan A, hospital only, AND HAVE NEVER USED OR TAKEN A PENNY FOR ANY OF THOSE SERVICES, it turns out that I won't qualify for the necessary tests until Jan.1, as I would have to pay for those tests with money I do not have.

    My son is so worried about me that he has been calling often with all of the phone numbers for any possible help. I spent the last 3 days on the phone with them.

    In the last 3 months, since May 1, I have lost 26 lbs., from 178 to 152. At 5' 9" it's not that I had a lot to lose. I woke up with my lower abdomen swollen along with my right leg. That swelling has gone down for the most part, but the inability to eat much and having a time with finding good water has made it all difficult. I always eat as well as I can afford and take a few supplements, without ever taking any legal or illegal drugs or alcohol and have been a vegetarian for 52 years, now only adding cheese and whole butter.

    I haven't had running water for over 3 years and have learned to gather toilet flushing water from overflow coming off of the roof, but I have had a harsh education on buying water at the local health food stores. For the 1st 2 years I got Reverse Osmosis water, WHICH THOSE STORES NEGLECTED TO TELL ME DE-MINERALIZES TOOTH ENAMEL. I do get "alkalinized" water but it feels as if the Reverse Osmosis used to purify it before re-mineralizing is somehow off.

    My friend did some muscle testing which showed that I am dehydrated. My organs are at well below what is needed: at 50% or less for liver, kidneys, pancreas and digestion.

    I did have a 4 day episode of having blood in my urine, a sign of kidney dysfunction. My pee was a dark red.

    My urine cleared up on the 4th day, but I don't know what's up, still having these kidney, lower right back and lower right abdomen pains. It could be kidneys, an appendicitis, or a polyp. It needs to be quickly diagnosed.
    Hi Bill, as a couple of others have said, and I think you need to be blunt with this person and tell them to go to the emergency department at the nearest hospital now. Do not wait until January.

  24. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to The KMan For This Post:

    Anna70 (26th August 2026), Bill Ryan (16th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), Denise/Dizi (19th August 2026), DNA (17th August 2026), Ewan (17th August 2026), ExomatrixTV (17th August 2026), grapevine (16th August 2026), Harmony (17th August 2026), Heart to heart (5th September 2026), Hym (17th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), jc71 (17th August 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (17th August 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), mountain_jim (26th September 2026), petra (16th August 2026), rgray222 (17th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), Sue (Ayt) (17th August 2026), Tintin (19th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (17th August 2026)

  25. Link to Post #13
    Estonia Avalon Member
    Join Date
    20th February 2023
    Language
    Estonian
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,152
    Thanks
    3,158
    Thanked 8,503 times in 1,144 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    I suspect the cause of the persons problems might be some serious mineral deficiency. After a long period of that certainly some health problem occurs. The cause of most illnesses is because we have something too much in our body or not enough. Plenty of exceptions of course.
    For the 1st 2 years I got Reverse Osmosis water, WHICH THOSE STORES NEGLECTED TO TELL ME DE-MINERALIZES TOOTH ENAMEL.

    Friend was a weed grower and he always used RO water to flush the soil in last weeks before harvesting to remove any minerals from the soil . I think it works the same with our body. It flushes out tons of things while replenishes nothing.
    And that is terrible for health.

    A.I answer -
    Reverse osmosis (RO) water contains very few minerals because the filtration process is highly effective at removing dissolved solids. RO membranes typically remove 95%–99% of essential minerals, leaving the water with Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) levels often below 10 mg/L.

    Specifically, the following minerals are largely stripped from the water:

    Calcium (~97% removed)
    Magnesium (~96% removed)
    Potassium
    Sodium
    Fluoride (~95% removed)
    Trace elements such as zinc, copper, iron, and selenium


    Most kidney problems start with vitamin D deficiency

    Vitamin D deficiency is strongly linked to the development and progression of kidney problems, including chronic kidney disease (CKD), acute kidney injury (AKI), and end-stage renal disease (ESRD).

    Increased Risk: Patients with vitamin D deficiency have a 1.30-fold increased risk of severe CKD stages and a 1.64-fold increased risk of renal events, such as a 50% decline in kidney function or the need for dialysis.
    Early Indicators: Deficiency (defined as less than 15 ng/mL) is associated with a 70–84% higher likelihood of developing albuminuria, an early sign of kidney damage.
    Mechanism: Low vitamin D levels can activate the renin-angiotensin system (RAS), leading to hypertension, inflammation, fibrosis, and accelerated loss of kidney function.
    Compounding Factors: The risk is significantly higher in patients with diabetes or overweight status, where deficiency exacerbates renal inflammation and progression.
    Other Deficiencies: While vitamin D is the primary vitamin linked to kidney pathology, Vitamin K deficiency is also common in CKD and is associated with vascular stiffness, calcification, and increased mortality.
    Conversely, excessive vitamin D intake can cause kidney damage due to hypercalcemia (high blood calcium), potentially leading to kidney failure or the need for dialysis.


    Since the person mentioned to be a long time vegan..

    Dietary Insufficiency: Few foods naturally contain vitamin D; deficiency is common in those with low intake of fortified dairy, fatty fish, or egg yolks, as well as in vegans or those with milk allergies.

    Im just curious what might have caused it . I could be very wrong about the cause so im not giving any advice how to treat it .
    Every mineral deficiency will lead to problems sooner or later . I suspected that the person might have also Magnesium deficiency (most people lack of it and it is easiest to flush out from body ) which might lead to ...

    Metabolic dysfunction-associated steatotic liver disease (MASLD) is often asymptomatic, particularly in its early stages, which is why it is frequently described as a "silent" liver disease. When symptoms do occur, they are typically nonspecific and may include fatigue, weakness, and pain or discomfort in the upper right side of the abdomen.

    As the disease progresses to metabolic dysfunction-associated steatohepatitis (MASH) or advanced scarring (cirrhosis), symptoms may become more severe and include:

    Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes)
    Abdominal swelling (ascites)
    Swelling in the legs or feet (edema)
    Unexplained weight loss
    Loss of appetite
    Itchy skin (pruritus)
    Confusion or trouble thinking clearly (hepatic encephalopathy)
    Easy bleeding or bruising


    Several symptoms seem to hit the target. I would guess the person might be suffering from MASLD/ MASH .

  26. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Jaak For This Post:

    Anna70 (26th August 2026), Bill Ryan (16th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), bobme (17th August 2026), Casey Claar (17th August 2026), Denise/Dizi (19th August 2026), DNA (17th August 2026), Ewan (17th August 2026), ExomatrixTV (17th August 2026), grapevine (17th August 2026), Harmony (17th August 2026), Hym (17th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), jc71 (17th August 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (17th August 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), mountain_jim (26th September 2026), rgray222 (17th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), The KMan (17th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (17th August 2026)

  27. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member T Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th January 2011
    Posts
    2,091
    Thanks
    20,205
    Thanked 14,603 times in 1,982 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    It could be a lot of things. Kidney stones, infection, appendicitis. Please, go to the emergency room.

  28. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

    Anna70 (26th August 2026), Bill Ryan (17th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), Denise/Dizi (19th August 2026), DNA (17th August 2026), Ewan (17th August 2026), ExomatrixTV (17th August 2026), grapevine (17th August 2026), Harmony (17th August 2026), Hym (17th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), jc71 (17th August 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (17th August 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), mountain_jim (26th September 2026), Ravenlocke (17th August 2026), rgray222 (17th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), The KMan (17th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (17th August 2026)

  29. Link to Post #15
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Join Date
    4th January 2011
    Location
    North Texas
    Language
    English
    Age
    78
    Posts
    31,158
    Thanks
    38,745
    Thanked 156,731 times in 23,992 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    Quote Posted by Sue (Ayt) (here)
    (If you are admitted, it appears you would be fully covered.)
    My understanding is that Medicare Part A covers various essential hospital charges, but not surgeons, hospitalists, anesthesiologists, ER doctors, radiologists, pathologists, consulting specialists, or other professional services, which bill separately and require Medicare Part B. Part B is optional, and costs a monthly fee, can only be signed up for on an annual basis, and even when covering, only pays a portion of these "professional service" charges. TV, phone, and toiletries are often not "essential" under Part A, and Part A pays only if you are formally admitted as an inpatient, not just under "observation" (even if over night).
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

  30. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

    Anna70 (26th August 2026), Bill Ryan (17th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), bobme (17th August 2026), Denise/Dizi (19th August 2026), ExomatrixTV (17th August 2026), grapevine (17th August 2026), Harmony (17th August 2026), Hym (17th August 2026), Inversion (17th August 2026), Jaak (17th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), jc71 (17th August 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (17th August 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), mountain_jim (26th September 2026), rgray222 (17th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), The KMan (17th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (17th August 2026)

  31. Link to Post #16
    UK Avalon Founder Bill Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th February 2010
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    40,111
    Thanks
    297,505
    Thanked 530,662 times in 38,651 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    Quote Posted by T Smith (here)
    It could be a lot of things. Kidney stones, infection, appendicitis. Please, go to the emergency room.
    I don't think its likely to be appendicitis, far more probably a kidney or liver issue that might get really serious quite quickly and won't resolve on its own. But here's a personal story about the urgency of these things, which I reported on this personal thread.

    I suddenly had acute pains in my lower right abdomen back in 2017. I was on my own and literally could not move. (I was thirsty, but for half an hour I could not even make it across the room to reach a glass of water.)

    It subsided a couple days later, so I went to a medical imaging lab for a scan. (Thankfully cheap here, only $90 which I could just afford.) The scan revealed a very seriously inflamed appendix. Late that evening I emailed the report to a doctor I knew. He replied (in upper case!): GO TO THE HOSPITAL NOW.

    I thanked him sincerely, and told him I'd go first thing in the morning. He replied: NO! GO RIGHT NOW. NOW MEANS NOW.

    So I drove myself to ER at midnight, and I was treated immediately. My appendix was removed straight away, everything was fine, and I was told that if I'd waited much longer theoretically I could have died.

    Quote Posted by The KMan (here)
    Hi Bill, as a couple of others have said, and I think you need to be blunt with this person and tell them to go to the emergency department at the nearest hospital now. Do not wait until January.
    The member wrote to me that they're following the thread closely, is most immensely grateful for ALL the advice and information, and is now exploring every possible recommended option.

    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 17th August 2026 at 12:05.

  32. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

    9ideon (17th August 2026), Anna70 (26th August 2026), Arcturian108 (17th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), Casey Claar (17th August 2026), Denise/Dizi (19th August 2026), Ewan (17th August 2026), grapevine (17th August 2026), Harmony (17th August 2026), Hym (17th August 2026), Jaak (17th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (12th September 2026), kudzy (17th August 2026), lisalu (17th August 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), mountain_jim (26th September 2026), rgray222 (17th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), T Smith (17th August 2026), The KMan (17th August 2026), ThePythonicCow (17th August 2026), Tintin (19th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (17th August 2026)

  33. Link to Post #17
    Netherlands Avalon Member 9ideon's Avatar
    Join Date
    9th June 2017
    Location
    Inside my Skin!
    Language
    Dutch
    Posts
    1,405
    Thanks
    2,894
    Thanked 8,478 times in 1,362 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    As an alternative view on things.

    Did you buy a new bed or matras before it all started? Can be some time in between.

    Please take the time to read this article.

    https://biologyinsights.com/can-a-ba...e-kidney-pain/

    https://swiftwell.blog/can-a-bad-mat...se-kidney-pain

    Kinda hope this is it, simply because the solution is simple.

    Stay safe and recover.

    Gideon
    Democracy is a well organised Anarchy in which too many People have something to say about nothing! (new vid released, see visitor msgs on profile)
    --9ideon--

  34. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to 9ideon For This Post:

    Anna70 (26th August 2026), Bill Ryan (19th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), Denise/Dizi (19th August 2026), Ewan (18th August 2026), grapevine (17th August 2026), Harmony (17th August 2026), Hym (17th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (12th September 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), mountain_jim (26th September 2026), rgray222 (19th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), The KMan (17th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (19th August 2026)

  35. Link to Post #18
    Australia Avalon Member Anchor's Avatar
    Join Date
    10th February 2010
    Location
    NSW, Australia
    Language
    English
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,679
    Thanks
    11,425
    Thanked 26,552 times in 3,812 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    --



    This is an emergency. Go to the ER today.

    Blood in the urine, 26 lbs lost, ongoing kidney/abdomen pain, and swelling are not things you wait until January for, they are reasons that Hospitals have to evaluate this now.

    You’re already in a dangerous state.

    An infection on top of this could become critical.

    Please go now. Take your son.
    Last edited by Anchor; 19th August 2026 at 13:40.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the whole truth be known by all, let nothing but the truth be known by all --

  36. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

    Anna70 (26th August 2026), Bill Ryan (19th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), Caren (6th September 2026), Denise/Dizi (19th August 2026), Ewan (19th August 2026), grapevine (19th August 2026), Harmony (19th August 2026), Hym (19th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), Johan (Keyholder) (24th August 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (12th September 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), mountain_jim (26th September 2026), rgray222 (19th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), The KMan (25th August 2026), ThePythonicCow (19th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (19th August 2026)

  37. Link to Post #19
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd June 2017
    Location
    Project Avalon library
    Language
    English
    Age
    56
    Posts
    8,533
    Thanks
    92,177
    Thanked 73,325 times in 8,502 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    Quote Posted by The KMan (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Dear Friends,

    I've received a long PM from someone we all know well who has a very worrying health problem they just can't diagnose on their own. They didn't want to post about that personally, being understandably sensitive about preserving their privacy.

    With that person's permission, I'll summarize the issue below, the PM I received being edited just a little. I have one or two immediate thoughts myself, but I'd welcome the opinions, insights, suggestions, and reported experience of others first.

    Can anyone assist?

    ~~~
    In need of help
    I don't know exactly what's wrong with me but I do know that a blood test, and ultrasound and maybe an X-ray would give me a good idea of what's going on.

    I didn't know where to turn for help... until I realized the Project Avalon has been my family for a long, long time, accepting my insights and even my learning like a real family does. If you think anyone can help, please post this request anywhere on Avalon you may think best.

    My kidneys hurt, making it hard to rest, being woken up by sharp pains. I called up a state-wide health service and found out that although I have had Medicare Plan A, hospital only, AND HAVE NEVER USED OR TAKEN A PENNY FOR ANY OF THOSE SERVICES, it turns out that I won't qualify for the necessary tests until Jan.1, as I would have to pay for those tests with money I do not have.

    My son is so worried about me that he has been calling often with all of the phone numbers for any possible help. I spent the last 3 days on the phone with them.

    In the last 3 months, since May 1, I have lost 26 lbs., from 178 to 152. At 5' 9" it's not that I had a lot to lose. I woke up with my lower abdomen swollen along with my right leg. That swelling has gone down for the most part, but the inability to eat much and having a time with finding good water has made it all difficult. I always eat as well as I can afford and take a few supplements, without ever taking any legal or illegal drugs or alcohol and have been a vegetarian for 52 years, now only adding cheese and whole butter.

    I haven't had running water for over 3 years and have learned to gather toilet flushing water from overflow coming off of the roof, but I have had a harsh education on buying water at the local health food stores. For the 1st 2 years I got Reverse Osmosis water, WHICH THOSE STORES NEGLECTED TO TELL ME DE-MINERALIZES TOOTH ENAMEL. I do get "alkalinized" water but it feels as if the Reverse Osmosis used to purify it before re-mineralizing is somehow off.

    My friend did some muscle testing which showed that I am dehydrated. My organs are at well below what is needed: at 50% or less for liver, kidneys, pancreas and digestion.

    I did have a 4 day episode of having blood in my urine, a sign of kidney dysfunction. My pee was a dark red.

    My urine cleared up on the 4th day, but I don't know what's up, still having these kidney, lower right back and lower right abdomen pains. It could be kidneys, an appendicitis, or a polyp. It needs to be quickly diagnosed.
    Hi Bill, as a couple of others have said, and I think you need to be blunt with this person and tell them to go to the emergency department at the nearest hospital now. Do not wait until January.
    Absolutely Do. Not. Delay.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

  38. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

    9ideon (19th August 2026), Anna70 (26th August 2026), Bill Ryan (19th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), Denise/Dizi (21st August 2026), DNA (6th September 2026), Ewan (20th August 2026), grapevine (19th August 2026), Harmony (20th August 2026), Hym (19th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), Johan (Keyholder) (24th August 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (12th September 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), mountain_jim (26th September 2026), rgray222 (19th August 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), The KMan (25th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026), Yoda (19th August 2026)

  39. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Join Date
    2nd July 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    2,080
    Thanks
    31,433
    Thanked 16,569 times in 2,054 posts

    Default Re: An Avalon member has a serious health problem

    Do we know if our friend has sought out medical care yet? I am sure people keep checking back to see if there are any answers yet, or a way we can help? I know I keep checking... The silence is deafening as we wait... I hope this individual is ok...

  40. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

    Anna70 (26th August 2026), Bill Ryan (25th August 2026), BMJ (27th September 2026), Caren (6th September 2026), DNA (6th September 2026), Ewan (25th August 2026), grapevine (25th August 2026), Harmony (25th August 2026), janette (6th September 2026), Johan (Keyholder) (24th August 2026), John Hilton (14th September 2026), Johnnycomelately (12th September 2026), Mercedes (25th August 2026), mountain_jim (26th September 2026), RunningDeer (6th September 2026), Sue (Ayt) (24th August 2026), The KMan (25th August 2026), Tintin (25th August 2026), Victoria (6th September 2026)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts