-
16th September 2026 16:27
Link to Post #4801
As a citizen of humanity, I want to know what’s going on in the world. But... turning my brain into a 24-hour news repository takes me away from living the creation I’m building.
I’ve reclaimed a good bit of time by cutting back on video watching. I’ll grab the transcript and run it through AI for a summary and key points, along with follow-up questions. That also helps me decide whether the video is worth my time to watch in full.
It’s a much more peaceful way to end the day. I go to sleep counting sheep rather than replaying the ping-pong game of YouTubers predictions, counterpredictions, and counter-counterpredictions.
Years of information gathering has f-r-i-e-d all of my circuits. It’s made me question: “Is it really worth storing all that information when a counterpoint or an entirely different perspective is just a Twitter post, Substack, podcast, or YouTube video away?”
Last edited by RunningDeer; 20th September 2026 at 05:31.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:
Abondance (20th September 2026), Ewan (20th September 2026), gini (20th September 2026), grapevine (19th September 2026), mokosh (20th September 2026), onawah (19th September 2026), ThePythonicCow (19th September 2026), Yoda (19th September 2026)
20th September 2026 02:16
Link to Post #4817