+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast

Thread: The Psyche: Metaphors of Meaning

1. Link to Post #1
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,195 times in 1,429 posts

Default The Psyche: Metaphors of Meaning

[ Mod-edit: The first 13 posts in this thread were original posted between Dec 11 and 21, 2012, in the Horus-Ra as the Archontic Alien Parasite: A follow-up interview with Maarit thread. These 13 posts were copied here on Dec 26, 2012, to start this new thread. - Paul. ]

===

Quote Posted by justoneman (here)
    Quote The theory of the bicameral mind piqued my interest regarding all of this. If we consider it alongside the Gaia Hypothesis and Sheldrakes work then the evolution beyond bicamerality could have been Gaia's immune system kicking in.
    Fascinating, Vivek, I waited until I felt clear minded and fresh to read this page carefully - what incredible dot connection - DNA, bearcow, DoT, Amzer Zo and Beren and all - weird the feeling to be such a neophyte with too much energy for his own good

staring with my recognition of your return via post #2325 above and now this post #2329 – dude, you have done some outstanding work and dot connection – thank you...

also DNA – thanks for post #2328 and 2330 and Beren’s post #2323 - all mind blowing...

I think I am coming around full circle and getting back on track – just know that I am always honest as to my current points of views (as I would rather be honest and wrong than to be a pretender or be someone who just tries to satisfy others).

I hope one day my position solidifies so I can be truly trusted.

It is interesting and I did not intend for "my thread" to go the direction it did - but it did... and that direction twisted back to the core, central focus of this thread -

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ogy...-why-not
    Chester! Check this out ...

I haven't drawn any conclusions, I'm just playing with ideas here. I would like to share more and elaborate on some things.

Gaia is one giant organism. On this planet there are systems within systems and they all work together in harmony. A holoarchy if you will.

As an aside, some time ago a species of free-living bacteria was adopted into the human body and it's genetic material is passed on alongside our own DNA. This is the mitochondria, and it is an endosymbiont. Mitochondria provides/converts the energy our muscles require for movement, in return we preserve and pass along it's genetic material, thereby insuring it's survival -- it's a symbiotic relationship based on desirable characteristics for survival.

Now, Sheldrake proposes that not only is genetic material passed along from generation to generation, but things like memories, ideologies, and archetypes are passed along as well by morphogenetic resonance.

Memetics proposes a theory with similar effects. Here is a brief overview from Wikipedia:
    Memetics is a theory of mental content based on an analogy with Darwinian evolution, originating from the popularization of Richard Dawkins' 1976 book The Selfish Gene.[1] It purports to be an approach to evolutionary models of cultural information transfer.

The meme, analogous to a gene, was conceived as a "unit of culture" (an idea, belief, pattern of behaviour, etc.) which is "hosted" in one or more individual minds, and which can reproduce itself, thereby jumping from mind to mind. Thus what would otherwise be regarded as one individual influencing another to adopt a belief is seen—when adopting the intentional stance[1][2]—as an idea-replicator reproducing itself in a new host. As with genetics, particularly under a Dawkinsian interpretation, a meme's success may be due to its contribution to the effectiveness of its host.

Memetics is also notable for sidestepping the traditional concern with the truth of ideas and beliefs. Instead, it is interested in their success.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memetics
    Now, imagine the subconscious mind and archetypes. A long time ago, if indeed humans did have something like a bicameral mind, it would have been beneficial to the planet. Our storehouse of archetypes would have been there to help us help Gaia, helping us fulfill our role, maintaining harmony. Imagine if our own brain lost it's connection with one of it's important organs, or if it's communication was severely diminished or distorted. The harmony of the body would no longer be in full effect. The organ may still go on functioning, but not as intended ... this would most likely end up having negative consequences for the body.

Humanities purpose for the planet (as with the function of an important organ) may have once been a naturally occurring instinct. For some reason though, the connection was lost. Bicamerality was broken.

The question is why. Nature evolves harmoniously. Sure, there is the cycle of life and death, but it is still harmonious ... Still purposeful. A possible answer to the "why the connection was broken" is that we have been quarantined by the planet. The reason being there was an inpouring of foreign information received through the channels of our subconscious minds that was originally designated for our connection with Gaia.

To stop this we evolved (based on the "base signal" from the planet) into a brain without bicamerality.

This foreign energy could have been just that -- energy. It may have had some level of consciousness, but no real intelligence, no real will. Esoterically speaking, it would have been interpreted by our subconscious minds as typal beings (or archontic energies). A program of sorts with a function, a function merely based on it's energy (physics-wise, energetic systems in lack within other systems will "seek" equilibrium by means of energy transference ... operating in a parasitical fashion or vise-versa).

The connection was severed but the "implant" remained, the foreign, invading energy had already taken root in our minds. It developed with the help of our own subconscious. It comes in uninvited and recognized subconsciously as dangerous. It finds it's home in the archetypal nest of our subconscious reserved for things that are predatory/parasitic in nature -- and it grows. It memetically, morphogenically evolves. What was a natural energy (albeit "negative" in nature) has developed purpose, it has developed will by using corners of our physical brains we are not consciously aware of. It is perversely self-aware. This is real evil. This is the real sickness. It is in the mind.

Related post: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post596767

Why didn't this happen with any other species on the planet? Maybe because, by means of natural selection (memetically speaking), this energy had the best chance of survival and it was in our minds that it was most likely to develop/gain that which it lacked. Intelligence and will.

Mankind develops religion, they seek answers, they no longer remembers their purpose. A veil has been placed over them. The tragedy that has taken place in the subconscious manifests itself through the themes of religion.

Out of this I can see how, from forgetfulness lack of understanding, evil is permitted and perpetuated. Think of this in relation to abuse, murder, war ... none of which we find being carried out by any other species on the planet.

Again, these are not statements of fact, I am just speculating.

There is more, but I have to leave to get ready for work.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 27th December 2012 at 04:22.

2. Link to Post #2
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: The Psyche: Metaphors of Meaning

Excerpt from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimonic):

"DAEMONIC

In psychology, the daimonic refers to a natural human impulse within everyone to affirm, assert, perpetuate, and increase the self to its complete totality. If each Self undergoes a process of individuation, an involuntary and natural development towards individual maturity and harmony with collective human nature, then its driver is the daimonic, the force which seeks to overcome the obstacles to development, whatever the cost—both guide and guardian. Rollo May writes that the daimonic is "any natural function which has the power to take over the whole person... The daimonic can be either creative or destructive, but it is normally both... The daimonic is obviously not an entity but refers to a fundamental, archetypal function of human experience -- an existential reality". The daimonic is seen as an essentially undifferentiated, impersonal, primal force of nature which arises from the ground of being rather than the self as such.

The demands of the daimonic force upon the individual can be unorthodox, frightening, and overwhelming. With its obligation to protect the complete maturation of the individual and the unification of opposing forces within the Self, the inner urge can come in the form of a sudden journey (either intentional or serendipitous), a psychological illness, or simply neurotic and off-center behavior. Jung writes, "The daimon throws us down, makes us traitors to our ideals and cherished convictions — traitors to the selves we thought we were." Ultimately, it is the will of man to achieve his humanity, but since parts of his humanity may be deemed unacceptable and disowned, its demands are too often resisted. It is no wonder Yeats described it as that "other Will". Confrontation with the daimonic can be considered similar to "shadow-work".

While similar to several other psychological terms, noteworthy differences exist. The daimonic is often improperly confused with the term demonic. May introduced the daimonic to psychology as a concept designed to rival the terms 'devil' and 'demonic'. He believed the term demonic to be unsatisfactory because of our tendency, rooted in Judeo-Christian mythology, to project power outside of the self and onto devils and demons. The daimonic is also similar to Jung's shadow, but is viewed as less differentiated. A pitfall of the Jungian doctrine of the shadow is the temptation to project evil onto this relatively autonomous 'splinter personality' and thus unnecessarily fragment the individual and obviate freedom and responsibility. Finally, by comparison to Freud's death instinct (Thanatos), the daimonic is seen as less one-sided."
    END EXCERPT

BEGIN NEW EXCERPT from http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vi..._archons15.htm (some interesting nuggets in there)
    THE LION’S GAZE
    One of the most beautiful teachings in Buddhism is called “The Lion’s Gaze.”

The following example is given as an illustration:
    when we throw a stick around a dog, the dog runs after the stick, but when we throw a stick around a lion, the lion runs after us.

The throwing of the stick in this example represents when an uncomfortable, afflictive emotion inside of us gets triggered. When we are triggered, it is as if a button inside of us has been pushed which activates an unconscious, compulsive knee-jerk reflex.

Running after the stick like the dog, which is to indulge in and “act out” being triggered, is to put our attention outside of ourselves.

This is to relate to what is triggering us in the outside world as “the problem.”

From this point of view, if only what was triggering us in the outside world would stop, we would feel better and the problem would be solved. Having the gaze of the lion, however, if we become triggered by something, we turn our gaze within ourselves and self-reflect, looking at whatever it is within us that has gotten activated.

The lion is not afraid to go right to the source of the trigger, which is never outside, but always within ourselves.

Assuming the fearless gaze of the lion, we relate to the situation that has triggered us as a gift, as it has helped us access a part of ourselves that up until now has been unconscious, and hence hidden.
    END EXCERPT

Another cool link ...

-------> http://www.zaporacle.com/a-gnostic-v...ind-parasites/ <-------
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 27th December 2012 at 03:55.

3. Link to Post #3
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Freed Fox (here)
    Quote Posted by Vivek (here)

Now, imagine the subconscious mind and archetypes. A long time ago, if indeed humans did have something like a bicameral mind, it would have been beneficial to the planet. Our storehouse of archetypes would have been there to help us help Gaia, helping us fulfill our role, maintaining harmony. Imagine if our own brain lost it's connection with one of it's important organs, or if it's communication was severely diminished or distorted. The harmony of the body would no longer be in full effect. The organ may still go on functioning, but not as intended ... this would most likely end up having negative consequences for the body.
    Fascinating stuff, Vivek. I see the current human condition in a very similar light, though admittedly I did not make the connection with the loss of a bicameral mind. I think it is most evident when you look at satellite images of densely populated areas. Cities look very much like necrosis (tissue death), or perhaps even cancer. When you take deforestation into account (particularly in the Amazon, i.e. Earth's lungs), along with the fact that the micro reflects the macro... it seems all the more troubling.

Don't get me wrong; I do believe in the intrinsic good of the human soul, but this parasitic/cancerous tendency is a problem that is all-too-often ignored.
    It does! What ever is going on internally, at a collective level, could be manifesting itself outwardly.

Here is an excerpt from an PDF entitled, "Humans as cancer" --->
    When a spot on a person's skin changes color, becomes tough or rough and elevated or ulcerated, bleeds, scales, scabs over and fails to heal, it's time to consult a doctor. For these are early signs of skin cancer.

As seen by astronauts and photographed from space by satellites, millions of manmade patterns on the land surface of Earth resemble nothing so much as the skin conditions of cancer patients. The transformation of the natural contours of the land into the geometric patterns of farm fields, the straightening of meandering rivers into canal-like channels, and the logging of forests into checkerboard clearcuts all have their counterparts in the loss of normal skin markings in cancer victims. Green forests logged into brown scrub and overgrazed grasslands bleached into white wasteland are among the changes in Earth's color. Highways, streets, parking lots and other paved surfaces have toughened Earth's surface, while cities have roughened it. Slag heaps and garbage dumps can be compared to raised skin lesions. Open-pit mines, quarries and bomb craters, including the 30 million left by US forces in Indochina, resemble skin ulcerations. Saline seeps in inappropriately irrigated farm fields look like scaly, festering sores. Signs of bleeding include the discharge of human sewage, factory effluents and acid mine drainage into adjacent waterways, and the erosion of topsoil from deforested hillsides to turn rivers, lakes and coastal waters yellow, brown and red. The red ring around much of Madagascar that is visible from space strikes some observers as a symptom that the island is bleeding to death.

If skin cancer were all that ailed Earth, the planet's eventual recovery would be less in doubt. For with the exception of malignant melanoma, skin cancer is usually curable. But the parallels between the way cancer progresses in the human body and humans' progressively malignant impact on Earth are more than skin-deep.

Consider:

Cancer cells proliferate rapidly and uncontrollably in the body; humans continue to proliferate rapidly and uncontrollably in the world. Crowded cancer cells harden into tumors; humans crowd into cities. Cancer cells infiltrate and destroy adjacent normal tissues; urban sprawl devours open land. Malignant tumors shed cells that migrate to distant parts of the body and set up secondary tumors; humans have colonized just about every habitable part of the globe. Cancer cells lose their natural appearance and distinctive functions; humans homogenize diverse natural ecosystems into artificial monocultures. Malignant tumors excrete enzymes and other chemicals that adversely affect remote parts of the body; humans' motor vehicles, power plants, factories and farms emit toxins that pollute environments far from the point of origin.

A cancerous tumor continues to grow even as its expropriation of nutrients and disruption of vital functions cause its host to waste away. Similarly, human societies undermine their own long-term viability by depleting and fouling the environment. With civilization as with cancer, initial success begets self-defeating excess.

It's easy to dismiss the link between cancer the disease in humans and humans as a disease on the planet as both preposterous and repulsive--or as a mere metaphor rather than the unifying hypothesis its leading proponent claims for it. Only a handful of limited-circulation periodicals, including this one (see Forencich 1992/93), have granted the concept a respectful hearing.

Accepting the humans-as-cancer concept comes easier if one also accepts the Gaia hypothesis that the planet functions as a single living organism. To be sure, the Earth is mostly inanimate. Its rocky, watery surface supports only a relatively thin layer of plants, animals and other living organisms. But so, too, is a mature tree mostly dead wood and bark, with only its thin cambium layer and its leaves, flowers and seeds actually alive. Yet the tree is a living organism. Earth behaves like a living organism to the extent that the chemical composition of its rocky crust, oceans and atmosphere has both supported and been influenced by the biological processes of living organisms over several billion years. These self-sustaining, self-regulating processes have kept the Earth's surface temperature, its concentrations of salt in the oceans and oxygen in the atmosphere, and other conditions favorable for life.

James Lovelock, who propounded the Gaia hypothesis in 1979, initially rejected humans' cancer-like impacts as a corollary, declaring flatly: "People are not in any way like a tumor" (Lovelock 1988, p. 177). But before long he modified this view, observing: "Humans on the Earth behave in some ways like a pathogenic micro-organism, or like the cells of a tumor or neoplasm" (Lovelock 1991,p. 153).

Others have stated the connection more strongly. "If you picture Earth and its inhabitants as a single self-sustaining organism, along the lines of the popular Gaia concept, then we humans might ourselves be seen as pathogenic," Jerold M. Lowenstein, professor of medicine at the University of California, San Francisco, has written. "We are infecting the planet, growing recklessly as cancer cells do, destroying Gaia's other specialized cells (that is, extinguishing other species), and poisoning our air supply....From a Gaian perspective... the main disease to be eliminated is us" (Lowenstein 1992). [Vivek: the disease could be in our very psyche]

Full PDF here: http://www.brontaylor.com/courses/pd...mansCancer.pdf
    As above, so below. Microcosmic to macrocosmic -- fractally.

The following quote is from Wikipedia:
    Since a holon is embedded in larger wholes, it is influenced by and influences these larger wholes. And since a holon also contains subsystems, or parts, it is similarly influenced by and influences these parts. Information flows bidirectionally between smaller and larger systems as well as rhizomatic contagion. When this bidirectionality of information flow and understanding of role is compromised, for whatever reason, the system begins to break down: wholes no longer recognize their dependence on their subsidiary parts, and parts no longer recognize the organizing authority of the wholes. Cancer may be understood as such a breakdown in the biological realm.

Source: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post598572
    And this quote is from a post on the previous page:
    A foreign energy comes in and disrupts our system, that is the stressing factor/selection pressure. Bicamerality could have connected us closer to Gaia at one point (acting more as a collective with nature and the planet in a harmonious sense) and that link was partially dependent on Gaia's virgin resonance (i.e. Shumann). This foreign energy comes in and hijacks it in a way, and gets us thrown off, we develop [new] complexes, archetypes, gods of old for these "invading energies" ... They begin to make us forget our spiritual heritage with the earth. We become more like a cancer to the earth than a helpful holon or keeper. The (mechanistic) immune response for Gaia would be to tweak the signal, sever the bicamerality of the mind to cut ties with the foreign invading energy. Sheldrakes theories provide the foundations for this to happen if we consider earth providing the "base frequency" [Shumann resonance]. A drastic measure, but it had to be done...

Link: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post599263
    Now, here are various excerpts from an article by Rupert Sheldrake entitled, "Mind, Memory, and Archetype Morphic Resonance and the Collective Unconscious Psychological Perspectives" --->
    All of us have been brought up on the idea that memories are stored in the brain; we use the word brain interchangeably with mind or memory. I am suggesting that the brain is more like a tuning system than a memory storage device. One of the main arguments for the localization of memory in the brain is the fact that certain kinds of brain damage can lead to loss of memory. If the brain is damaged in a car accident and someone loses memory, then the obvious assumption is that memory tissue must have been destroyed. But this is not necessarily so.

Consider the TV analogy again. If I damaged your TV set so that you were unable to receive certain channels, or if I made the TV set aphasic by destroying the part of it concerned with the production of sound so that you could still get the pictures but could not get the sound, this would not prove that the sound or the pictures were stored inside the TV set. It would merely show that I had affected the tuning system so you could not pick up the correct signal any longer. No more does memory loss due to brain damage prove that memory is stored inside the brain. In fact, most memory loss is temporary: amnesia following concussion, for example, is often temporary. This recovery of memory is very difficult to explain in terms of conventional theories: if the memories have been destroyed because the memory tissue has been destroyed, they ought not to come back again; yet they often do. [Vivek: think of the TV analogy in terms of "Gaia's virgin resonance" and bicamerality as well]

Jung thought of the collective unconscious as a collective memory, the collective memory of humanity. He thought that people would be more tuned into members of their own family and race and social and cultural group, but that nevertheless there would be a background resonance from all humanity: a pooled or averaged experience of basic things that all people experience (e.g., maternal behavior and various social patterns and structures of experience and thought). It would not be a memory from particular persons in the past so much as an average of the basic forms of memory structures; these are the archetypes. Jung's notion of the collective unconscious makes extremely good sense in the context of the general approach that I am putting forward. Morphic resonance theory would lead to a radical reaffirmation of Jung's concept of the collective unconscious.

It needs reaffirmation because the current mechanistic context of conventional biology, medicine, and psychology denies that there can be any such thing as the collective unconscious; the concept of a collective memory of a race or species has been excluded as even a theoretical possibility. You cannot have any inheritance of acquired characteristics according to conventional theory; you can only have an inheritance of genetic mutations. Under the premises of conventional biology, there would be no way that the experiences and myths of, for example, African tribes, would have any influence on the dreams of someone in Switzerland of non-African descent, which is the sort of thing Jung thought did happen. That is quite impossible from the conventional point of view, which is why most biologists and others within mainstream science do not take the idea of the collective unconscious seriously. It is considered a flaky, fringe idea that may have some poetic value as a kind of metaphor, but has no relevance to proper science because it is a completely untenable concept from the point of view of normal biology.

The approach I am putting forward is very similar to Jung's idea of the collective unconscious. The main difference is that Jung's idea was applied primarily to human experience and human collective memory. What I am suggesting is that a very similar principle operates throughout the entire universe, not just in human beings. If the kind of radical paradigm shift I am talking about goes on within biology-if the hypothesis of morphic resonance is even approximately correct-then Jung's idea of the collective unconscious would become a mainstream idea: Morphogenic fields and the concept of the collective unconscious would completely change the context of modern psychology.

Read the full article here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post598173

There are many parallels between this topic and the motifs/themes in The Matrix Trilogy ... and much more to say I think.

Lastly, I'd like to add this quote that I think pertains to post #2329 ...

It's from a book entitled, "Atom and Archetype: The Pauli/Jung Letters, 1932-1958."

Yes, Wolfgang Pauli and Carl Jung -- very cool.
    The psyche…as a medium participates in both Spirit and
    Matter. I am convinced that it (the psyche) is partly of a material
    nature. The archetypes, for example, are Ideas (in the Platonic sense)
    on the one hand, and yet are directly connected with physiological
    processes on the other; and in cases of synchronicity they are
    arrangers of physical circumstances, so that they can also be
    regarded as a characteristic of Matter (as the feature which imbues it
    with meaning). (pp. 100-01)

-Carl Jung
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 27th December 2012 at 04:06.

4. Link to Post #4
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

This is interesting!

EXCERPTS FROM WIKIPEDIA
    Bicameralism (the philosophy of "two-chamberedness") is a hypothesis in psychology that argues that the human brain once assumed a state in which cognitive functions were divided between one part of the brain which appears to be "speaking", and a second part which listens and obeys—a bicameral mind. The term was coined by psychologist Julian Jaynes, who presented the idea in his 1976 book The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind, wherein he made the case that a bicameral mentality was the normal and ubiquitous state of the human mind only as recently as 3000 years ago.

Julian Jaynes (February 27, 1920 – November 21, 1997) was an American psychologist, best known for his book The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind (1976), in which he argued that ancient peoples were not conscious.

Jaynes defines "consciousness" more narrowly than most philosophers. Jaynes' definition of consciousness is synonymous with what philosophers call "meta-consciousness" or "meta-awareness" i.e. awareness of awareness, thoughts about thinking, desires about desires, beliefs about beliefs. This form of reflection is also distinct from the kinds of "deliberations" seen in other higher animals such as crows insofar as Jaynesian consciousness is dependent on linguistic cognition.

Jaynes wrote that ancient humans before roughly 1000BC were not reflectively meta-conscious and operated by means of automatic, nonconscious habit-schemas. Instead of having meta-consciousness, these humans were constituted by what Jaynes calls the "bicameral mind". For bicameral humans, when habit did not suffice to handle novel stimuli and stress rose at the moment of decision, neural activity in the "dominant" (left) hemisphere was modulated by auditory verbal hallucinations originating in the so-called "silent" (right) hemisphere (particularly the right temporal cortex), which were heard as the voice of a chieftain or god and immediately obeyed.

Jaynes wrote, "[For bicameral humans], volition came as a voice that was in the nature of a neurological command, in which the command and the action were not separated, in which to hear was to obey." Jaynes argued that the change from bicamerality to consciousness (linguistic meta-cognition) occurred over a period of ten centuries beginning around 1000 BC. The selection pressure for Jaynesian consciousness as a means for cognitive control is due, in part, to chaotic social disorganizations and the development of new methods of behavioral control such as writing.
    END EXCERPT

Sources (with critical responses):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameralism_(psychology)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Jaynes

This makes me think of archetypes, consciousness, dusty plasma (EM fields, Persinger, etc), the evolution of the human brain (also, it's relationship with the subconscious and the astral) and well, this thread (alien dreaming, fractal brain, Gaia Mythos, etc).

See also:

Bicameralism and Theology

and

The Hypothetical Evolution of Hallucinatory Self-Regulation

THE FOLLOWING EXCERPTS ARE FROM http://deoxy.org/alephnull/jaynes.htm
    Jaynes adduces evidence for this astonishing hypothesis from several sources. One is the "voices" heard by schizophrenic patients, which Jaynes interprets as a throwback to the bicameral mind of ancient times. Another is evidence from neurosurgery, where patients hear "voices" upon having their brains electrically stimulated. Another is the polytheistic gods of ancient civilizations, which spoke directly and intimately to individuals:

"Who then were these gods who pushed men about like robots and sang epics through their lips? They were voices whose speech and directions could be as distinctly heard by the Iliadic heroes as voices are heard by certain epileptic and schizophrenic patients...The gods were organizations of the central nervous system"(73-4).

Jaynes suggests that each person had his own individual "god", which always told them what to do. The theory further accounts for why the gods were so naturalistic and anthropomorphic, rather than supernatural and otherworldly.

Where did the gods go, then? Jaynes proposes that a series of unprecedented environmental stresses in the second millennium B.C. forced the two halves of the brain to merge into unicamerality. (This was a cultural, rather than a biological, transformation, Jaynes notes.) The stresses might have included natural disasters (the story of the Flood comes to mind), population growth, forced migrations, warfare, trade, and the development of writing. A common denominator among all these is the introduction of complexity and difference, things the bicameral mind deals with only with difficulty. Jaynes suggests, among other things, that traders in contact with other cultures might have been forced to develop a "protosubjective consciousness" to cope with the gods of unfamiliar people.

Jaynes suggests that the unprecedented stresses of the 2nd millennium B.C. forced the individual into isolation, within which a sense of I-ness appeared to fill the void left by the inadequacy of the god. This hypothesis posits a relatively homogeneous and stress-free existence prior to the development of consciousness. In short, Jaynes must posit that there really was an Eden, from which humanity Fell.
    END EXCERPTS
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 27th December 2012 at 04:08.

5. Link to Post #5
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Now this is fascinating!

EXCERPTS FROM WIKIPEDIA [emphasis added]
    A holon (Greek: ὅλον, holon neuter form of ὅλος, holos "whole") is something that is simultaneously a whole and a part. The word was coined by Arthur Koestler in his book The Ghost in the Machine (1967, p. 48). Koestler was compelled by two observations in proposing the notion of the holon. The first observation was influenced by Nobel Prize winner Herbert A. Simon's parable of the two watchmakers, wherein Simon concludes that complex systems will evolve from simple systems much more rapidly if there are stable intermediate forms present in that evolutionary process than if they are not present. The second observation was made by Koestler himself in his analysis of hierarchies and stable intermediate forms in both living organisms and social organizations. He concluded that, although it is easy to identify sub-wholes or parts, wholes and parts in an absolute sense do not exist anywhere. Koestler proposed the word holon to describe the hybrid nature of sub-wholes and parts within in vivo systems. From this perspective, holons exist simultaneously as self-contained wholes in relation to their sub-ordinate parts, and dependent parts when considered from the inverse direction.

Koestler also says holons are autonomous, self-reliant units that possess a degree of independence and handle contingencies without asking higher authorities for instructions. These holons are also simultaneously subject to control from one or more of these higher authorities. The first property ensures that holons are stable forms that are able to withstand disturbances, while the latter property signifies that they are intermediate forms, providing a context for the proper functionality for the larger whole.

Finally, Koestler defines a holarchy as a hierarchy of self-regulating holons that function first as autonomous wholes in supra-ordination to their parts, secondly as dependent parts in sub-ordination to controls on higher levels, and thirdly in coordination with their local environment.

A holon is a system (or phenomenon) which is an evolving self-organizing dissipative structure, composed of other holons, whose structures exist at a balance point between chaos and order. It is maintained by the throughout of matter–energy and information–entropy connected to other holons and is simultaneously a whole in and itself at the same time being nested within another holon and so is a part of something much larger than itself. Holons range in size from the smallest subatomic particles and strings, all the way up to the multiverse, comprising many universes. Individual humans, their societies and their cultures are intermediate level holons, created by the interaction of forces working upon us both top-down and bottom-up. On a non-physical level, words, ideas, sounds, emotions—everything that can be identified—is simultaneously part of something, and can be viewed as having parts of its own, similar to sign in regard of semiotics. Defined in this way, holons are related to the concept of autopoiesis, especially as it was developed in the application of Stafford Beer to second-order cybernetics and viable system theory, but also Niklas Luhmann in his social systems theory.

Since a holon is embedded in larger wholes, it is influenced by and influences these larger wholes. And since a holon also contains subsystems, or parts, it is similarly influenced by and influences these parts. Information flows bidirectionally between smaller and larger systems as well as rhizomatic contagion. When this bidirectionality of information flow and understanding of role is compromised, for whatever reason, the system begins to break down: wholes no longer recognize their dependence on their subsidiary parts, and parts no longer recognize the organizing authority of the wholes. Cancer may be understood as such a breakdown in the biological realm.

A hierarchy of holons is called a holarchy. The holarchic model can be seen as an attempt to modify and modernise perceptions of natural hierarchy.

Types of holons

Individual holon
    An individual holon possesses a dominant monad; that is, it possesses a definable "I-ness". An individual holon is discrete, self-contained, and also demonstrates the quality of agency, or self-directed behavior. The individual holon, although a discrete and self-contained whole, is made up of parts; in the case of a human, examples of these parts would include the heart, lungs, liver, brain, spleen, etc. When a human exercises agency, taking a step to the left, for example, the entire holon, including the constituent parts, moves together as one unit.

Social holon
    A social holon does not possess a dominant monad; it possesses only a definable "we-ness", as it is a collective made up of individual holons. In addition, rather than possessing discrete agency, a social holon possesses what is defined as nexus agency. An illustration of nexus agency is best described by a flock of geese. Each goose is an individual holon, the flock makes up a social holon. Although the flock moves as one unit when flying, and it is "directed" by the choices of the lead goose, the flock itself is not mandated to follow that lead goose. Another way to consider this would be collective activity that has the potential for independent internal activity at any given moment.

Artifacts
    American Philosopher Ken Wilber includes Artifacts in his theory of holons. Artifacts are anything (e.g. a statue or a piece of music) that is created by either an individual holon or a social holon. While lacking any of the defining structural characteristics - agency; self-maintenance; I-ness; Self Transcendence - of the previous two holons, Artifacts are useful to include in a comprehensive scheme due to their potential to replicate aspects of and profoundly affect (via, say interpretation) the previously described holons. Artifacts are made up individual or social holons (e.g. a statue is made up atoms).

The development of Artificial Intelligence may force one to question where the line should be drawn between the individual holon and the artifact.

END EXCERPTS

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holon_(philosophy)
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 27th December 2012 at 04:09.

6. Link to Post #6
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

In the same vein as the two previous posts ...

EXCERPTS FROM WIKIPEDIA

Morphic field

"Morphic field" is a term introduced by Sheldrake. He proposes that there is a field within and around a "morphic unit" which organizes its characteristic structure and pattern of activity. According to Sheldrake, the "morphic field" underlies the formation and behaviour of "holons" and "morphic units", and can be set up by the repetition of similar acts or thoughts. The hypothesis is that a particular form belonging to a certain group, which has already established its (collective) "morphic field", will tune into that "morphic field". The particular form will read the collective information through the process of "morphic resonance", using it to guide its own development. This development of the particular form will then provide, again through "morphic resonance", a feedback to the "morphic field" of that group, thus strengthening it with its own experience, resulting in new information being added (i.e. stored in the database). Sheldrake regards the "morphic fields" as a universal database for both organic (genetic) and abstract (mental) forms.

That a mode of transmission of shared informational patterns and archetypes might exist did gain some tacit acceptance when it was proposed as the theory of the collective unconscious by renowned psychiatrist Carl Jung. According to Sheldrake, the theory of "morphic fields" might provide an explanation for Jung's concept as well. Also, he agrees that the concept of akashic records, term from Vedas representing the "library" of all the experiences and memories of human minds (souls) through their physical lifetime, can be related to "morphic fields", since one's past (an akashic record) is a mental form, consisting of thoughts as simpler mental forms (all processed by the same brain), and a group of similar or related mental forms also have their associated (collective) "morphic field". (Sheldrake's view on memory-traces is that they are non-local, and not located in the brain.)

Morphic resonance

Essential to Sheldrake's model is the hypothesis of morphic resonance. This is a feedback mechanism between the field and the corresponding forms of morphic units. The greater the degree of similarity, the greater the resonance, leading to habituation or persistence of particular forms. So, the existence of a morphic field makes the existence of a new similar form easier.

Sheldrake proposes that the process of morphic resonance leads to stable morphic fields, which are significantly easier to tune into. He suggests that this is the means by which simpler organic forms synergetically self-organize into more complex ones, and that this model allows a different explanation for the process of evolution itself, as an addition to Darwin's evolutionary processes of selection and variation.

Morphogenetic field

For the concept in developmental biology, see Morphogenetic field.

Morphogenetic fields are defined by Sheldrake as the subset of morphic fields which influence, and are influenced by living things.

The term [morphic fields] is more general in its meaning than morphogenetic fields, and includes other kinds of organizing fields in addition to those of morphogenesis; the organizing fields of animal and human behaviour, of social and cultural systems, and of mental activity can all be regarded as morphic fields which contain an inherent memory.
    —Rupert Sheldrake, The Presence of the Past (Chapter 6, page 112)

END EXCERPTS

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Sheldrake
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 27th December 2012 at 04:10.

7. Link to Post #7
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by justoneman (here)
    But your recent posts and my strange and inexplicable return to the central focus of this thread (something I tried to shove under the rug via the excuse "humanity doesn't want solution"), I went back and reviewed my understanding of Jayne's considerations about the bicameral mind and the thought crossed my "mind" - I have had conversations with one or more voices in my head since I was a teenager (as noted many times).

Could I be experiencing some form of "bicameralism?" If so, is it possible that an intelligence (even if it is artificial and even if it is nothing but reflections of an intelligence of the past) has the capacity to involve "itself" in our inner dialogue and that those of us who have (for whatever reason) a greater capacity to engage in this type of dynamic might also end up pretty freaking crazy (like I have - though I have it under pretty good control)... such as "archontic forces" at one or more levels of their being... where I confuse "me" talking to the other half of "me" with one or more "external voices" - like happened to me a year ago where a very clear and strong voice in my head told me I had to kill myself to save the world? There is zero chance that was my own, uninfluenced voice and the minute I removed the drugs and alcohol and emerged out of my depression, that voice is no longer consciously there.
    Firstly, I should state that I am no authority on the subject. I can't reiterate enough that I am only sharing ideas here (quilted from the patches of insight from other researchers). I don't know whether they are "right" or "wrong" -- but they seem to be corollary to the topic of this thread, which I keep coming back to as well (the last two thread's I started were because of this one).

Now, regarding Jaynes' hypothesis. Here is a relavent excerpt from Wikipedia in regards to the Bicameral Mind Theory and auditory hallucinations:
    In ancient times, Jaynes noted, gods were generally much more numerous and much more anthropomorphic than in modern times, and speculates that this was because each bicameral person had their own "god" who reflected their own desires and experiences. He also noted that in ancient societies the corpses of the dead were often treated as though still alive (being seated, dressed and even fed) and argued that the dead bodies were presumed to be still living and the source of auditory hallucinations (see ancestor worship). This adaptation to the village communities of 100 individuals or more formed the core of religion. Unlike today's hallucinations, the voices of ancient times were structured by cultural norms to produce a seamlessly functioning society. In Ancient Greek culture there is often mention of the Logos, which is a very similar concept. It was a type of guiding voice that was heard as from a seemingly external source.

Jaynes inferred that these "voices" came from the right brain counterparts of the left brain language centres—specifically, the counterparts to Wernicke's area and Broca's area. These regions are somewhat dormant in the right brains of most modern humans, but Jaynes noted that some studies show that auditory hallucinations correspond to increased activity in these areas of the brain.

Even in modern times, Jaynes notes that there is no consensus as to the cause or origins of schizophrenia (the subject is still hotly debated). According to Jaynes, schizophrenia is simply a vestige of humanity's earlier state. Recent evidence shows that many schizophrenics don't just hear random voices but experience "command hallucinations" instructing their behavior or urging them to commit certain acts. As support for Jaynes's argument, these command hallucinations are little different from the commands from gods which feature so prominently in ancient stories. Indirect evidence supporting Jaynes's theory that hallucinations once played an important role in human mentality can be found in the recent book Muses, Madmen, and Prophets: Rethinking the History, Science, and Meaning of Auditory Hallucination by Daniel Smith.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameralism_(psychology)
    Here is a little thought experiment (and speculation)...

Okay, there are many species on this planet that operate under the blanket of a collective consciousness (i.e. bees, birds, dolphins, whales, ants, etc.). They are in harmony with the earth. Naturally, they do not over consume, war with each other, pollute, or murder. Now, a long time ago there comes a natural species of homo sapiens. There DNA is pure and home grown. There is a difference though between them and all of the other holons (i.e. species) on Gaia. They are highly intelligent and they have free will. There is a catch though. They have a psychological repository of archetypal templates in their minds. Archetypes of all the grandiose aspects of nature, and of Gaia herself. Not only would this be a logical survival mechanism, but it would also be a means for these humans to stay connected to their home. In this sense they were part of a collective. They were self-aware and had free-will, yet they were conscious of their role in the holoarchy that is Mother Earth. It was in their very make-up, instinctual. This archetypal repository (i.e. connection with nature) also helped to answer the inherent question that any intelligent, self-aware species has -- why? -- in a language they would accept, understand, and identify with.

This isn't to say that they wouldn't develop science and society. It just means that they would have begun there journey from the other side of the coin -- the Spirit. They may have grown in their understanding of matter and physics; but the harmony would have never been disrupted because of their instinctual connection with the planet. They might have taken to the stars, in search of other life and wonder, for no other reason other than to scratch a curious itch and gain more knowledge about the universe.

This didn't happen though. Science was approached from a secular standpoint. Humanity grew like a tumor, spreading like a cancer. Virulent. Most of the population isn't conscious of any connection with Gaia. At best, some are at least conscientious.

Why?

Considering the Shumann Resonance, morphogenetic fields, DNA acting as a transceiver, and the Gaia Hypothesis -- earth would never allow, nor develop a life form on this planet that would be detrimental to it's own survival. That's just nature -- it is intricate, yet simple and harmonious. So, something went awry ... but what?

Now, when we throw the Jaynes hypothesis, life in interstellar dust clouds, Jung, and memetics into the mix it makes for an interesting answer.

Our solar system is floating through a gigantic cloud of interstellar dust. These are two systems interacting with each other, there is an energetic exchange taking place between these two systems.

Here's an excerpt from wikipedia:
    The Local Bubble is a cavity in the interstellar medium (ISM) in the Orion Arm of the Milky Way which contains the Local Interstellar Cloud and G-cloud (as well as others). It is at least 300 light years across and has a neutral hydrogen density of about 0.05 atoms per cubic centimetre, or approximately one tenth of the average for the ISM in the Milky Way (0.5 atoms/cc), and one sixth of the "Local Fluff", or Local Interstellar Cloud (0.3 atoms/cc). The hot diffuse gas in the Local Bubble emits X-rays.

The very sparse, hot gas of the Local Bubble is the result of supernovae that exploded within the past ten to twenty million years. It was once thought that the most likely candidate for the remains of this supernova was Geminga ("Gemini gamma-ray source"), a pulsar in the constellation Gemini. More recently, however, it has been suggested that multiple supernovae in subgroup B1 of the Pleiades moving group were more likely responsible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Bubble
    See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Interstellar_Cloud

Then there's this excerpt from NASA:
    The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says should not exist. In the Dec. 24th issue of Nature, a team of scientists reveal how NASA's Voyager spacecraft have solved the mystery.

"Using data from Voyager, we have discovered a strong magnetic field just outside the solar system," explains lead author Merav Opher, a NASA Heliophysics Guest Investigator from George Mason University. "This magnetic field holds the interstellar cloud together and solves the long-standing puzzle of how it can exist at all."
    Full article: http://science.nasa.gov/science-news...23dec_voyager/

Also, here's some important links on Plasma Oscillations and Landau Damping:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landau_damping

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_oscillation
    I elaborated more here about the energetic exchange between physical systems and their possibly correlating psychological counterparts (that was a mouthful).

Consider that the subtle realm of reality always has it's physical counterpart. Notably, this was observed by Jung and Pauli.

Quote Lastly, I'd like to add this quote that I think pertains to post #2329 ...

It's from a book entitled, "Atom and Archetype: The Pauli/Jung Letters, 1932-1958."

Yes, Wolfgang Pauli and Carl Jung -- very cool.
    arrangers of physical circumstances, so that they can also be
    with meaning). (pp. 100-01)

-Carl Jung
    Remember in the Gnostic scriptures ...

From Wikipedia:
    One Gnostic mythos describes the declination of aspects of the divine into human form. Sophia (Greek: Σοφια, lit. “wisdom”), the Demiurge’s mother a partial aspect of the divine Pleroma or “Fullness,” desired to create something apart from the divine totality, without the receipt of divine assent. In this act of separate creation, she gave birth to the monstrous Demiurge and, being ashamed of her deed, wrapped him in a cloud and created a throne for him to be within it. The Demiurge, isolated, did not behold his mother, nor anyone else, concluded that only he himself existed, being ignorant of the superior levels of reality.

The Demiurge, having received a portion of power from his mother, sets about a work of creation in unconscious imitation of the superior Pleromatic realm: He frames the seven heavens, as well as all material and animal things, according to forms furnished by his mother; working however blindly, and ignorant even of the existence of the mother who is the source of all his energy. He is blind to all that is spiritual, but he is king over the other two provinces. The word dēmiourgos properly describes his relation to the material; he is the father of that which is animal like himself.

Thus Sophia’s power becomes enclosed within the material forms of humanity, themselves entrapped within the material universe: the goal of Gnostic movements was typically the awakening of this spark, which permitted a return by the subject to the superior, non-material realities which were its primal source.
    Read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demiurge

This is fascinating. Imagine the Demiurge being this natural form in space -- actual space.

The Demiurge is wrapped in a cloud. Interesting term -- reminds me of an interstellar dust cloud or even the local "cloud" of plasma that surrounds the earth right now.

Now, Sophia is Gaia and Her power to create lies within the resonance of the planet. Our own minds being a part of that creation, including this natural archetypal repository. A foreign energy, nearly inert in terms of consciousness (possibly pseudo-concsious as per the article about "alive" crystals and helices in space and EM fields somehow related to consciousness), leaks into our environment. At a subconscious level we identify it with a certain archetypal template. There it takes nest and broods. By the mechanisms of our own minds it develops and awakens to a perversely aware sense of being. Hijacking that source of creation doled out by Gaia/Sophia to Her homegrown humans. Now, Sophia has inadvertently created "something apart from the divine totality, without the receipt of divine assent."

The abomination expropriated a part of Sophia/Gaia's creative power by engaging our minds like a parasitic symbiont.

The Demiurge develops and "sets about a work of creation in unconscious imitation" ... Memetics, morphological resonance, collective unconscious, fractals, holons -- the foreign installation grows and replicates itself. He is "blind to all that is spiritual" and the reflection of this outwardly is humanity's cancer-like growth on the planet. Neglecting our Mother Earth.

He is "ignorant even of the existence of the mother who is the source of all of his energy."

Bicamerality is thereby broken in attempts to quarantine the abomination from our conscious thought and this isolates it in humanity's collective unconscious.

Humanity becomes trapped in materiality because the connection to the Spirit of the planet, to nature, was broken.

The Gnostic texts describe archontic forces casting their seed into the navel of the earth. Seeds grow (or possibly fester in this case). This could be a psychological, archetypal metaphor (for an invasive, foreign energy) or it could be a metaphor pertaining to panspermia (see also: this link). The implications of either are equally intriguing.

There are many correlations between what I am describing here and the themes/motifs throughout the Gnostic texts and elements of the Bible. Which means ... more research!

So, I'll wrap this up with a quote from Edgar Cayce. He stated:
    "Religion came into being: a ritual of longing for lost memories."
    I think maybe it was because there would be a point in the future where we would be able to understand the metaphors (if that is indeed what they are) utilizing tangible concepts gleaned from scientifically observable phenomena (... where science and spirituality meet).

I think a new door then opens for innovative solutions once the problem is fully recognized and understood in all of it's aspects.

End thought experiment.

ADD/UPDATE:

I picture humanity's past bicameral connection to Gaia as being similar in effect to how the Navi operated in harmony with their planet, Pandora (in James Cameron's movie, Avatar). There are some neat parallels in that movie as well.

Movie clip(s) to further the point ---> https://youtube.com/watch?v=TjBCu4N8bxQ
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 27th December 2012 at 04:14.

8. Link to Post #8
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Human beings are on a journey of awareness, which has been momentarily interrupted by extraneous forces. -Carlos Castaneda

Continuing from previous posts #2320, #2325, #2326, #2327, #2329, #2340, #2342, and #2345 ...

John Lash writes:
    "In Gnostic cosmology, Archons are a species of inorganic beings that emerged in the solar system prior to the formation of the earth. They are cyborgs inhabiting the planetary system (exclusive of the earth, sun and moon), which is described as a virtual world (stereoma) they construct by imitating the geometric forms emanated from the Pleroma, the realm of the Generators, the Cosmic Gods."

"The Archons are a genuine species with their own proper habitat, and may even be considered to be god-like, but they lack intentionality (ennoia: self-directive capacity), and they have a nasty tendency to stray from their boundaries and intrude on the human realm. Archons are said to feel intense envy toward humanity because we possess the intentionality they lack."

"In the Gnostic view of human society, the Archons are alien forces that act through authoritarian systems, including belief-systems, in ways that cause human beings to turn against their innate potential and violate the symbiosis of nature."

Source: http://www.examiner.com/article/arch...ura-eisenhower
    Now, grind that against the thought experiment in post #2345.

Here is another segment of that same article:
    Exploring archons in his new book, Wetiko: The Greatest Epidemic Sickness Known to Humanity, psychologist Paul Levy writes, "When people are infected by the wetiko virus, Forbes writes, they are “the host for the wetiko parasites.” The wetiko germ is a psychic tapeworm, a parasite of the mind. Just like certain computer viruses or malware infect and program a computer to self-destruct, mind-viruses like wetiko can program the human bio-computer to think, believe and behave in ways that result in our self-destruction. Wetiko is a virulent, psychic pathogen that insinuates thought-forms into our mind which, when unconsciously en-acted, feed it, and ultimately kills its host (us). It doesn’t want to kill us too quickly however, for to successfully implement its agenda of reproducing and propagating itself throughout the field, it must let the host live long enough to spread the virus. If the host dies too soon, the bug would be prematurely evicted and would suffer the inconvenience of having to find a new residence.

Mr. Levy continues, "Like a cancer of the mind that metastasizes, in wetiko disease, a pathological part of the psyche co-opts and subsumes all of the healthy parts of the psyche into itself so as to serve its pathology. To quote Jung, “an unknown ‘something’ has taken possession of a smaller or greater portion of the psyche and asserts its hateful and harmful existence undeterred by all our insight, reason, and energy, thereby proclaiming the power of the unconscious over the conscious mind, the sovereign power of possession.” The personality then self-organizes an outer display of coherence around this pathogenic core, which ‘masks’ the inner dysfunction, making it hard to recognize. In a psychic coup d’etat, the wetiko bug can usurp and displace the person, who becomes its puppet and marionette. Like a parasite, the wetiko virus can take over the will of an animal more evolved than itself, enlisting that creature into serving its nefarious agenda. Once the parasite becomes sufficiently entrenched within the psyche, the prime directive coordinating a person’s behavior comes from the disease, as it is now the one calling the shots. Just as someone infected with the rabies virus will resist drinking water, which would flush out the infection, someone taken over by the wetiko parasite will have nothing to do with anything that will help them get rid of the disease. Wetikos are phobic towards the light of truth, which they avoid like the plague. In advanced stages, this process takes over the person so completely that we could rightfully say the person is no longer there; they are just an empty shell carrying the disease. In a sense there is just the disease, operating through what appears to be a human being. The person becomes fully identified with their mask, their persona, but it is as if there is no one behind the mask."
    [Side note: This could also account for SRA ...]

Now, with that in mind, consider the following ...

-- Begin thought experiment --

Keep in mind that long ago this foreign energy (i.e. archontic force) physically met our planet, and we also engaged it psychologically. Our repository of anthropomorphic, archetypal gods then became infected -- an infection that began distorting our complexes and virulently replicating itself in our collective unconscious. We were placed in a fog, a veil if you will.

The fall.

Our psyche became infected at a basal level, our bicameral instincts (there to preserve harmony and promote understanding) were compromised.

Now, lets look at the physical brain a little closer. There are a few areas in particular that I'm interested in that are associated with our subconscious plinth and our instincts. Namely, the basal ganglia, the cerebellum, the brain stem, and the amygdala.

Here is an excerpt from http://www.buffalostate.edu/orgs/bcp...s/triune.html:
    The reptilian complex, also known as the R-complex or "reptilian brain" was the name MacLean gave to the basal ganglia, structures derived from the floor of the forebrain during development. The term derives from the fact that comparative neuroanatomists once believed that the forebrains of reptiles and birds were dominated by these structures. MacLean proposed that the reptilian complex was responsible for species typical instinctual behaviors involved in aggression, dominance, territoriality, and ritual displays.

Source: http://www.buffalostate.edu/orgs/bcp...cs/triune.html
    Here is another excerpt from Wikipedia:
    Although the role of the basal ganglia in motor control is clear, there are also many indications that it is involved in the control of behavior in a more fundamental way, at the level of motivation. In Parkinson's disease, the ability to execute the components of movement is not greatly affected, but motivational factors such as hunger fail to cause movements to be initiated or switched at the proper times. The immobility of Parkinsonian patients has sometimes been described as a "paralysis of the will". These patients have occasionally been observed to show a phenomenon called kinesia paradoxica, in which a person who is otherwise immobile responds to an emergency in a coordinated and energetic way, then lapses back into immobility once the emergency has passed.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_ganglia
    Another excerpt from www.science.howstuffworks.com
    Lower animals, such as fish, amphibians, reptiles and birds, don't do much "thinking," but instead concern themselves with the everyday business of gathering food, eating, drinking, sleeping, reproducing and defending themselves.

These are instinctual processes. Therefore, their brains are organized along the major centers that control these functions.

We humans perform these functions as well, and so have a "reptilian" brain built into us. That means we have the same parts of the brain found in reptiles, namely the brain stem and the cerebellum.

I'm thinking about what physiological area of the brain our natural, bicameral, psychological archetypes would be associated with.

This is the third time I've come back to this quote:
    arrangers of physical circumstances
    , so that they can also be
    with meaning). (pp. 100-01 of Atoms and Archetypes: the Pauli/Jung Letters)

-Carl Jung
    If the areas of our "reptilian" brain functioned as a main storehouse for instincts and archetypes, then wouldn't it follow to reason that any foreign seed that took root there would mature with reptilian characteristics?

Here is an excerpt from, The Human Brain, An Owners Manual:
    Instinct is an impulse or powerful motivation from a subconscious source. For instance, if you were crossing the street and a car comes speeding towards you, you would try to jump out of the way before it even 'registers' with your conscious mind that a car is coming.

The part of your brain that is associated with these types of reactions is the amygdala. As you may know, different parts of the brain recieve different signals and make them consciously known. The auditory cortex, for example, is responsible for hearing. The amygdala has its own set of 'recievers' for sensory intake. In the aforementioned scenario, it will take in information from the surroundings, like the sight on the car coming at you, and make a decision on what to do before you consciously think about it.

While this response is very important for survival, it is very primitive. It's commonly called the fight or flight response, for obvious reasons. This response makes us "downshift" and use only our lower brain. That means we sometimes cannot think of a logical solution to a problem.

Source: http://library.thinkquest.org/C01148.../instinct.php3
    Also, there is fear and the brain. Here is an excerpt from a PDF entitled, "The Emotional Brain, Fear, and the Amygdala" --->
    However, with the accumulation of a great deal of empirical research, the amygdala has replaced the hypothalamus as the centerpiece of the subcortical networks involved in detecting and responding to threats. Thus, projections from the amygdala to the brainstem are involved in the expression of fear responses, and projections from the amygdala to the cortex are believed to contribute to the experience of fear and other cognitive aspects of emotional processing.

Still, it would be wrong to conclude that the field has not advanced since the early days. Clearly, we now know much more about how the fear system works. In addition to pinpointing the amygdala as a key structure in the processing of danger, much has been learned about how the amygdala accomplishes its job. The anatomical inputs to and outputs from the amygdala are understood in exquisite detail, as are the internal connections that mediate processing within the amygdala. Further, the nature of physiological encoding of fear situations by neurons within the amygdala is beginning to be understood as well.
    Of the interactions of the amygdala with the "reptilian" brainstem (a possible instinctual repository of psychological archetypes, see also R-complex) some could be the physiological counterpart to the psychical notion of negative energy feeding on fear.

From, Authoritative Teaching:
    In this very way we exist in this world, like fish. The adversary spies on us, lying in wait for us like a fisherman, wishing to seize us, rejoicing that he might swallow us. For he places many foods before our eyes (things) which belong to this world. He wishes to make us desire one of them and to taste only a little, so that he may seize us with his hidden poison and bring us out of freedom and take us into slavery. For whenever he catches us with a single food, it is indeed necessary for us to desire the rest. Finally, then, such things become the food of death.

Now these are the foods with which the devil lies in wait for us. First he injects a pain into your heart until you have heartache on account of a small thing of this life, and he seizes (you) with his poisons. And afterward (he injects) the desire of a tunic, so that you will pride yourself in it, and love of money, pride, vanity, envy that rivals another envy, beauty of body, fraudulence. The greatest of all these are ignorance and ease.

Now all such things the adversary prepares beautifully and spreads out before the body, wishing to make the mind of the soul incline her toward one of them and overwhelm her, like a hook, drawing her by force in ignorance, deceiving her until she conceives evil, and bears fruit of matter, and conducts herself in uncleanness, pursuing many desires, covetousnesses, while fleshly pleasure draws her in ignorance.

Source: http://gnosis.org/naghamm/autho.html
    The psycho-spiritual parasite lies in it's reptilian nest eliciting emotional responses by organizing circumstances in the subconscious mind to foster it's "food" ...

Here is an excerpt from, Alien Dreaming: The Enigma of the Archons
    The Hypostasis of the Archons describes a further development that follows the initial emergence of the foetal Archontic entities. In the passage cited here, I apply some concepts drawn from modern astronomy to develop a more vivid picture of events presumably observed by Gnostic seers in the cosmos at large:
    A veil exists between the world above [in the galactic core], and the realms that are below [exterior, in the galactic limbs]; and shadow came into being beneath the veil. Some of the shadow [dark mass] became [atomic] matter, and was projected apart [partially formed into elementary arrays, the dema]. And what Sophia created [by her impact] became a product in the matter [the dema], [a neonate form] like an aborted fetus. And [once formed] it assumed a plastic shape molded out of shadow, and became an arrogant beast resembling a lion. It was androgynous, because it was from [neutral, inorganic] matter that it derived. (The Hypostasis of the Archons, II, 4, 93:30 ff, with my glosses in brackets.)
    A close reading reveals a crucial detail: after the initial formation of the embryonic Archon types, a second variant of "shadow body" arises, with distinct characteristics of its own. The Hypostasis of the Archons describes it as "an arrogant beast resembling a lion," but this creature is also described (in another cosmological text, the Apocryphon of John 10: 5) as "a serpentine body (drakon) with a lion-like face." Thus there are two distinct types of Archons: a foetal or embryonic type, and a drakonic or reptilian type.

Source: http://www.metahistory.org/gnostique...enDreaming.php
    From http://www.metahistory.org/gnostique...enDreaming.php
    Fractal Visions

To the Coco de Mer icon we can now add a graphic variation to suggest how the Archons emerge from Sophia's Dreaming, like a leak from a placenta...

Sophia, situated in the center of the impact zone, sees around Her something like a sea of tensile waves, and riding the waves, or actually composing the waves they appear to ride, are self-repeating forms that resemble seashorses. These seahorses are similar to the forms that appear at high reiteration of the equation for the Mandelbrot Set. These forms correspond to the anatomical type spontaneously generated from formless atomic matter by Sophia's impact, a type called the "shadow body," haibes in Coptic.

The fractal formations described in the Gaia Mythos (Episodes 9 - 10) are actual physical phenomena that occur spontaneously when an Aeon (a mass-free, high-porosity current of stellar plasma) pours into the dense fields of elementary matter. At first these "fractal seahorses" seem to be inanimate structures, rigid and almost crystalline in nature, but by the very fact that Sophia beholds them, they become animated.

[Sidenote: "leak from a placenta" reminds me of NASA's findings of alien matter leaking into our solar system, the placenta being the heliosphere or earth's magnetosphere. Also, look at crystalline, helical structures in space forming inside inorganic, interstellar dust clouds.*]

Now, here is the human ("reptilian") brainstem.
    Microcosm to macrocosm -- the intruder fractally mimics it's new domain as it develops.

And then there's this ...

Interesting.

Here are a few excerpts of interest from an article entitled, Fractal Brains, Fractal Thoughts:
    Researchers from the University of Cambridge took a big step forward this year in understanding how our brains work. It seems that the brain has a fractal organization. This likely gives us much of what we consider human. And at a deeper level these findings may help to connect us in a very fundamental way to the rest of the natural world.

[...]

The study by Kitzbichler et al (2008) has added to much prior research suggesting that the brain exhibits fractal behavior. This makes a necessary link between the physical processes of the brain and each of the larger scale fractals we see in broader personality and social relationships. It is clear that biological, psychological and social dynamics are highly interlinked across scales, each impacting the other over time in myriad ways. With fractal organization at each of these scales, one may propose that they in some respects they are all part of the same fractal tree so to speak.

[...]

What I would prefer to speculate upon instead would be the broader implications. Indeed what these robust results within the brain suggest is a possible mechanism for the "Broadband Connectivity" we share with the rest of the natural world. Inasmuch as fractal dynamics in broadband synchronization exist at every scale of measurable reality - from quantum to cosmic, perhaps human consciousness is both simply and profoundly a portal through which such fractal connectivity flows. Perhaps the linkages that so effect our growth and integration at the biopsychosocial scales extend much deeper into the roots of matter, and much farther into the cosmos than modernist science has ever imagined. Science appears to be nearing a period of neo-vitalism, with scientifically grounded ways of exploring the attractive worldview of our root-civilizations - that everything in life is connected and that all of the universe is alive within these connections.

Full article here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post544797
    This post ties into the last several posts I've made on here.

I'm going to give my fingers a rest!

-- END --

* The following excerpts were taken from an article posted on www.astrobio.net
    Could extraterrestrial life be made of corkscrew-shaped particles of interstellar dust? Intriguing new evidence of life-like structures that form from inorganic substances in space are revealed in the New Journal of Physics. The findings hint at the possibility that life beyond Earth may not necessarily use carbon-based molecules as its building blocks.

[...]

Now, an international team has discovered that under the right conditions, particles of inorganic dust can become organized into helical structures. These structures can then interact with each other in ways that are usually associated with organic compounds and life itself.

V.N. Tsytovich of the General Physics Institute, Russian Academy of Science, in Moscow, working with colleagues there and at the Max-Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics in Garching, Germany and the University of Sydney, Australia, has studied the behavior of complex mixtures of inorganic materials in a plasma. Plasma is essentially the fourth state of matter beyond solid, liquid and gas, in which electrons are torn from atoms leaving behind a miasma of charged particles.

[...]

Quite bizarrely, not only do these helical strands interact in a counterintuitive way in which like can attract like, but they also undergo changes that are normally associated with biological molecules, such as DNA and proteins, say the researchers. They can, for instance, divide, or bifurcate, to form two copies of the original structure. These new structures can also interact to induce changes in their neighbours and they can even evolve into yet more structures as less stable ones break down, leaving behind only the fittest structures in the plasma.

So, could helical clusters formed from interstellar dust be somehow alive? "These complex, self-organized plasma structures exhibit all the necessary properties to qualify them as candidates for inorganic living matter," says Tsytovich, "they are autonomous, they reproduce and they evolve".

He adds that the plasma conditions needed to form these helical structures are common in outer space.

Read more here: Are Plasma Crystals Alive?

ADD/UPDATE:

Blend the content of this post with this one -- it makes for some great beard stroking.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 27th December 2012 at 04:16.

9. Link to Post #9
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I have some more ideas to share! This is all speculative and exploratory, but I haven't posted this without using reason and discernment. With that in mind -- begin thought experiment.

According to the Gnostic scriptures, there are distinctions between the Spirit and the Soul. Keep in mind the "as above, so below" motto here. The Spirit is the masculine Father principle of the universe, while the Soul is the feminine Mother principle. She is the field in which life arises.

[Side note: There is also the subtle body, which is examined in the addendum.]

From, The Apocryphon of John:
    And I asked to know it, and he said to me, "The Monad is a monarchy with nothing above it. It is he who exists as God and Father of everything, the invisible One who is above everything, who exists as incorruption, which is in the pure light into which no eye can look.

"He is the invisible Spirit, of whom it is not right to think of him as a god, or something similar. For he is more than a god, since there is nothing above him, for no one lords it over him. For he does not exist in something inferior to him, since everything exists in him. For it is he who establishes himself. He is eternal, since he does not need anything. For he is total perfection. He did not lack anything, that he might be completed by it; rather he is always completely perfect in light. He is illimitable, since there is no one prior to him to set limits to him. He is unsearchable, since there exists no one prior to him to examine him. He is immeasurable, since there was no one prior to him to measure him. He is invisible, since no one saw him. He is eternal, since he exists eternally. He is ineffable, since no one was able to comprehend him to speak about him. He is unnameable, since there is no one prior to him to give him a name.

"He is immeasurable light, which is pure, holy (and) immaculate. He is ineffable, being perfect in incorruptibility. (He is) not in perfection, nor in blessedness, nor in divinity, but he is far superior. He is not corporeal nor is he incorporeal. He is neither large nor is he small. There is no way to say, 'What is his quantity?' or, 'What is his quality?', for no one can know him. He is not someone among (other) beings, rather he is far superior. Not that he is (simply) superior, but his essence does not partake in the aeons nor in time. For he who partakes in an aeon was prepared beforehand. Time was not apportioned to him, since he does not receive anything from another, for it would be received on loan. For he who precedes someone does not lack, that he may receive from him. For rather, it is the latter that looks expectantly at him in his light.

Source: http://gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn.html
    The invisible Spirit exists as a monad, a point of infinity -- the singularity. The feminine principle exists on a cosmic scale as Barbelo.

Continuing from the same codex:
    "And his thought performed a deed and she came forth, namely she who had appeared before him in the shine of his light. This is the first power which was before all of them (and) which came forth from his mind, She is the forethought of the All - her light shines like his light - the perfect power which is the image of the invisible, virginal Spirit who is perfect. The first power, the glory of Barbelo, the perfect glory in the aeons, the glory of the revelation, she glorified the virginal Spirit and it was she who praised him, because thanks to him she had come forth. This is the first thought, his image; she became the womb of everything, for it is she who is prior to them all ... "
    The first power, Barbelo, surrounds the virginal Spirit (masculine singularity). It is this power that "became the womb of everything." There is an emerging theory in science which proposes that the shape of our universe is toroidal.

The Father -- or the Spirit -- is the center.

The Mother -- or the womb -- is the field of space that surrounds it.

This is also indicative of the yoni and the lingam in the Vedic traditions. The yoni represents the feminine, creative aspect of nature (the womb) while the lingam represents the masculine, creative aspect of nature (the phallus). Macrocosm to microcosm.

The yoni is a circular object and the linga is in the center.

Consider this the template for the sub-systems that emerge in the cosmos.

As above, so below.

Now, consider a developing solar system. There is a star developing in the center.

This star creates a magnetic field.

[Side note: This field is gyrating, which creates vortices in the top and bottom -- the vortex is important too. I'll leave that for later.]

This magnetic field can be considered akin to a womb -- like a placenta.

Now, the star is also producing sounds. These sounds are extremely subtle.
    The atomic processes within the atomic furnace of stars create sounds as a result of the high-energy collisions between atomic particles. These sounds cause the starlight to vary minutely, tiny modulations that can be detected by sensitive instrumentation, then demodulated, recreating the original sounds in the laboratory. Analysis of the star sounds can help asteroseismologists gain a better understanding of the atomic processes with a given star.

Source: http://www.cymascope.com/cyma_resear...rophysics.html
    Extremely subtle sounds. This reminds me of the Logos -- the Word. Like the Om, or Aum.

Now there were also crystalline structures floating around in the swirling accretion disc. It could be that the location in which planets were "born" was influenced by the sounds coming from the sun. The dust began conglomerating in certain places, due to solar harmonics, and gravity took over from there.

Eventually, these developing planets produced a magnetic field of their own. They developed their own wombs.

The geomagnetic field of a particular planet contains a unique resonant frequency.

It also had some of these helical, crystalline dust particles inside is geomagnetic field. Over time, the planet grew, densified, and solidified. Some form of these helical, crystalline structures stayed in the atmosphere and eventually ended up in the primordial waters of Gaia.

The egg has been fertilized.

Based on the principles of Sheldrake's morphogentic fields, these helical, crystalline structures received the base signal of the planet and transmitted it out in a fashion unique to there structure -- creating a field for form to follow. DNA is sensitive to electromagnetic fields, especially EMFs classified as being extremely low frequency (such as the Shumann Resonance).
    DNA is a fractal antenna in electromagnetic fields.

The wide frequency range of interaction with EMF is the functional characteristic of a fractal antenna, and DNA appears to possess the two structural characteristics of fractal antennas, electronic conduction and self symmetry. These properties contribute to greater reactivity of DNA with EMF in the environment [...] as well as variations in the rate of chemical evolution in early geologic history.

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21457072
    [Side note: DNA also produces it's own EM field: http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/...012.5166v1.pdf]

Due to the selection pressures of their environment, some helical structures persevered where others did not. Over time these helical structures came to be more complex. They contained a multitude of unique arrangements that broadcasted fields of variance to include the forms of the material structures that proved to be advantageous for survival.

A myriad of different species begins to flourish within the placenta of the planet.

Life begins to thrive and it's all due to the base signal being broadcasted by the planet. This is the gesticulation of Gaia.

This is Mother Nature.

Albeit these ideas are unorthodox, they are still in line with the principles of the theory of evolution. Yet, there are many problems with the theory of evolution.

So, since I am only drawing and not drawing conclusions, here's another sketch.

The earth is very old.

Let me rewind to the point were there was enough of a core to produce a magnetic field.

This core is crystalline (as described above). The matter of the core only takes up a small space compared to the cavity that it's field creates. Consider morphogenetic fields and helical, crystalline-like structures. Without producing material organisms these morphogenetic fields could have still been evolving without a full grown planet.

Imagine the crystalline core surrounded by a gigantic haze of dust. This is all enveloped in the magnetic field (i.e. the torus, the womb). The core is producing a resonant frequency and these helical, crystalline structures in the womb are receiving it, modulating it based on their individual structures, and projecting morphogenetic fields. This is an enclosed system. Within this system there are changes and interactions between developing sub-systems. An adaptive process is taking place before the planet even grows to maturity (i.e. grows in size, gains weight by gravitational processes -- pregnant women do gain weight, just an observation).
    Complex adaptive systems are special cases of complex systems, often defined as a 'complex macroscopic collection' of relatively 'similar and partially connected micro-structures' – formed in order to adapt to the changing environment, and increase its survivability as a macro-structure.

They are complex; in that they are dynamic networks of interactions, and their relationships are not aggregations of the individual static entities. They are adaptive; in that the individual and collective behavior mutate and self-organize corresponding to the change-provoking micro-event or collection of events.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_adaptive_system
    Eventually, an order is reached. A harmony if you will. A stable holoarchy has emerged within this field and learned to dance in harmony with the music of the sphere.

The morphogenetic constructs that persevered would be the templates for organic life (when the planet settles in to it's current size, and cools enough to allow the genesis of organic life).

These morphogenetic constructs can be likened to subtle bodies.* They would have some degree of conscious capacity and some level of will; but more than likely they would act as energetic programs, consciously playing their part in the harmony that had developed. They are entities of existence; there is little friction between them and the Source.

Now, fast forward. The planet reaches it's current size and cools enough for life to begin to develop. Very primitive life though -- I'm talking single-celled organisms. The morphological constructs might be there, but the bricks aren't going to be all in one spot. A fire is built with a little bit of tinder at first, then you can start putting sticks on it, and eventually logs.

Organic life begins to evolve.

So, the organisms with the the least complexity (DNA-wise) would have developed first. Progressively, as the necessity for complexity grew, morphological constructs that were similar in complexity were drawn in (i.e. the organism had the right bricks and mortar to build the appropriate house).

Driven at first by environmental selection pressures, organisms begin to adapt differently ... after reaching a new threshold of complexity the more appropriate morphogenetic construct is attracted to it and the phylogenetic tree begins to branch out.

Time marches on. Eventually, intricacy meets it's threshold.

Enter hominids.

Here is where the story takes a twist.

The Gnostics describe Sophia concocting a preemptive plan for humanity.
    Then the authorities received the knowledge (gnosis) necessary to create man. Sophia Zoe - she who is with Sabaoth - had anticipated them. And she laughed at their decision. For they are blind: against their own interests they ignorantly created him. And they do not realize what they are about to do. The reason she anticipated them and made her own man first, was in order that he might instruct their modelled form how to despise them, and thus to escape from them.

Source: http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/origin.html
    Sophia created her own man first. This was the first Adam. It was a morphological construct that had come about in the proto-planetary womb of Gaia.

From, On the Origin of the World, regarding the first Adam:
    When they came to him, they said, "Is this not the god who ruined our work?" He answered and said, "Yes. If you do not want him [the first Adam] to be able to ruin our work, come let us create a man out of earth, according to the image of our body and according to the likeness of this being, to serve us; so that when he sees his likeness, he might become enamored of it. No longer will he ruin our work; rather,we shall make those who are born out of the light our servants for all the duration of this eternal realm." Now all of this came to pass according to the forethought of Pistis, in order that man should appear after his likeness, and should condemn them because of their modelled form. And their modelled form became an enclosure of the light.

Source: http://gnosis.org/naghamm/origin.html
    Okay, picture the crystalline core and the proto-planetary womb. Remember the haze of dust with helical, crystalline-like structures inside this womb (that is between the crystalline core and the magnetic field).

Imagine there is also foreign, inorganic, helical-like structures from a cloud of interstellar dust. I think this represents the "aborted fetus" attributed to the archons. The lion-faced serpent is symbolic of the morphological construct that developed out of these fetal-like, crystalline dust particles.

Some line of species begins to develop humanoid characteristics on the material earth. This species makes a suitable candidate for the morphological construct of the first Adam to "descend upon."

Instead, these early humans (maybe neanderthal-like) were exposed to the morphological construct of the archons. They then began to influence this early hominid to develop according to the image of their body, but according to the likeness (i.e. the morphological construct) of the first Adam.

From, On the Origin of the World:
    And at that time, the prime parent then rendered an opinion concerning man to those who were with him. Then each of them cast his sperm into the midst of the navel of the earth. Since that day, the seven rulers have fashioned man with his body resembling their body, but his likeness resembling the man that had appeared to them. His modelling took place by parts, one at a time. And their leader fashioned the brain and the nervous system. Afterwards, he appeared as prior to him. He became a soul-endowed man. And he was called Adam, that is, "father", according to the name of the one that existed before him.

[B]And when they had finished Adam, he abandoned him as an inanimate vessel, since he had taken form like an abortion, in that no spirit was in him.

[Side note: The seven rulers maybe alluding to the seven chakras. This also has connotations that nod to the seven "demons" that preside over the seven chakras.]

The chief archon "fashioned the brain and the nervous system."

This correlation is almost too strong to ignore (see also the latter half of post #2358):

The archon's morphological construct had abandoned the vessel (i.e. the physical body of the new human) once it finished influencing it's development (re-modeling the hominid). The archontic subtle body left the humanoid body (now Homo sapien).

From, Hypostasis of the Archons and The Apocryphon of John:
    They had taken some soil from the earth and modeled their man after their body and after the image of God that had appeared to them in the waters. They said, "Come, let us lay hold of it by means of the form that we have modeled, so that it may see its male counterpart [...], and we may seize it with the form that we have modeled" - not understanding the force of God, because of their powerlessness. And he breathed into his face; and the man came to have a soul (and remained) upon the ground many days. But they could not make him arise because of their powerlessness. Like storm winds they persisted (in blowing), that they might try to capture that image, which had appeared to them in the waters. And they did not know the identity of its power.

Now all these things came to pass by the will of the father of the entirety. Afterwards, the spirit saw the soul-endowed man upon the ground. And the spirit came forth from the Adamantine Land; it descended and came to dwell within him, and that man became a living soul. It called his name Adam, since he was found moving upon the ground.

Source: http://gnosis.org/naghamm/hypostas.html
    And when the mother wanted to retrieve the power which she had given to the chief archon, she petitioned the Mother-Father of the All, who is most merciful.

[...]

They advised him that they should bring forth the power of the mother. And they said to Yaltabaoth, 'Blow into his face something of your spirit and his body will arise.' And he blew into his face the spirit which is the power of his mother; he did not know (this), for he exists in ignorance. And the power of the mother went out of Yaltabaoth into the natural body, which they had fashioned after the image of the one who exists from the beginning. The body moved and gained strength, and it was luminous.

I think the chief archons spirit is how his morphogenetic construct has concentrated the underlying field of the Spirit.*

Because of the field of the the feminine aspect of creation these fetal, crystalline, helical-like structures in space produced a morphogenetic construct. In other words, these foreign structures picked up a signal (similar to an EMF in physics) and projected in into a form (representative of a lion-faced serpent). This form, or morphogenetic construct, channeled the underlying masculine aspect of creation in a particular fashion. Symbolically this looks like a snake. This is the Spirit of the chief archon (read the addendum at the bottom of this post, and then re-read this paragraph). The Spirit (different from the soul), in any arrangement, is pure and cannot be tainted by any deviancy.

If the subtle body acts as a conduit for the Spirit, then the morphological construct of the chief archon has modulated the Spirit with the semblance of a snake.

This is the Kundalini -- the serpent power.

This brings me to my next post.

* The Gnostics make delineations between the Soul and the Spirit. There are different interpretations and speculations about how they differ.

Maybe the Spirit is the pervasive field that underlies all of reality (similar to the Higgs field in physics). When morphological constructs (i.e. subtle bodies) develop they modulate the flux of this field in certain respects. They divert the field in different ways; these morphogenetic constructs are akin to the Nadis in Yoga and/or the Meridians in Chinese medicine (see also: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/21850638/What-are-Nadis).

As these morphogenetic constructs evolve in complexity they direct and concentrate this underlying field of Spirit in varying degrees. Some constructs condense the field to a diluted solvency. While others condense it more potently.

There could be one pattern above all that proves to have the most efficacy at doing this -- it's morphogenetic field could be humanoid in nature. This may be the template for intelligent, self-aware beings in the cosmos.

Different types of "subtle bodies" would have dispersive amounts of Spirit moving in them. There is one type of morphogenetic construct in particular that is able to focus this universally pervasive field into a concentrated point. It's subtle design directs the dissipative Spirit like water through little canals, and guides it to a point of convergence -- the Spirit comes to light within the subtle body construct.

This point of convergence creates the Monad, like the one above on a cosmic level. This Monad in turn creates a toroidal field around it -- this is the Soul.

They all interact, but not necessarily in a hierarchical fashion. Rather, it is like a holoarchy.

Symbolically the Monad, or Spirit, would represent a tiny flame or a dense point of light. Which brings me back to the macrocosmic aspect of the Father. The cosmic lingam. The center of the torus.

This also makes me think about the symbology of the sacred heart with a flame inside of it.

See also: http://www.smeddum.net/images/articles/aura.jpg

The implications of the ideas suggested here have applications to a variety of topics.

Maybe some bells went off in your head while reading this.

Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 27th December 2012 at 04:15.

10. Link to Post #10
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

There is another possibility I would like to explore in conjunction with the one above. Another thought experiment. It has to do with the proto-planetary development of the solar system, morphogenic fields, EM fields relating to consciousness, human DNA, foreign/invasive energy, and panspermia.

[Side note: Houman, I hope I am not derailing the intended direction of this thread, but I do think this material belongs here. Please, PM me if you feel this information would be better suited for a separate thread -- I would be happy to comply. Thanks!]

Firstly, let's look at the current theory of how the solar system was formed.

There are several stages to take note of:

1. It began as a diffuse cloud (possibly the remnants of a supernova explosion).

2. The cloud started to coalesce.

3. Matter began to collect more in the center (also at various peripheral places around the center) and the accretion disc started slowly spinning.

4. The denser spots grew and kept growing due to their swelling gravitational forces and over time the solar system developed into what it is today.

From www.universetoday.com
    The Sun (and all the planets) started their lives in a giant cloud of cold molecular gas and dust. And then about 4.6 billion years ago, something bumped into the cloud, like the gravity from a passing star, or shockwaves from a supernova, causing the cloud to collapse. With the collapse, the mutual gravity from the particles in the cloud pulled together, and formed pockets of denser material in the cloud. These were star forming regions, and one of them was to become the Solar System.

Source: http://www.universetoday.com/18847/life-of-the-sun/
    The "something [that] bumped into the cloud" could account for the metaphor of Sophia looking, and thereby animating that dark shadow moving in the waters (apparently Johannes Kepler equated gravity with the Holy Ghost).

Here is an excerpt from another one of the codices, The Apocryphon of John :
    "And when she saw (the consequences of) her desire, it changed into a form of a lion-faced serpent. And its eyes were like lightning fires which flash. She cast it away from her, outside that place, that no one of the immortal ones might see it, for she had created it in ignorance. And she surrounded it with a luminous cloud, and she placed a throne in the middle of the cloud that no one might see it except the holy Spirit who is called the mother of the living. And she called his name Yaltabaoth."
    The reference to a luminous cloud reminds me of either a dusty plasma cloud and/or or the early formation of our own sun. Specifically, consider the latter for a moment.

Here is an important excerpt from, The Apocryphon of John:
    She united a luminous cloud with him. She placed a throne in the midst of the cloud so that no one might see him except the holy Spirit who is called Life, the mother of everyone {except the holy Spirit who is called the Mother of all the living}. And she named him Yaldabaoth. He is the Chief Ruler, the one who attained a great power from the Mother.

He removed himself from her. He abandoned the place in which he had been born. {He moved from place to place away from the place in which he had been born.} He seized another place. He created for himself an aeon, which blazes with a shining fire, in which he now dwells. {He created for himself an aeon of fiery, luminous flame, in which he now dwells.}
    I am correlating the chief archon with the sun in our solar system. This also nods to the fact that Horus-Ra was an Egyptian sun god.

Now, here is an excerpt from the codice -- On the Origin of the World -- from the Nag Hammadi.
    Next, the ruler had a thought - consistent with his nature - and by means of verbal expression he created an androgyne. He opened his mouth and cooed to him. When his eyes had been opened, he looked at his father, and he said to him, "Eee!" Then his father called him Eee-a-o ('Yao'). Next he created the second son. He cooed to him. And he opened his eyes and said to his father, "Eh!" His father called him 'Eloai'. Next, he created the third son. He cooed to him. And he opened his eyes and said to his father, "Asss!" His father called him 'Astaphaios'. These are the three sons of their father.

Seven appeared in chaos, androgynous. They have their masculine names and their feminine names. The feminine name is Pronoia (Forethought) Sambathas, which is 'week'.

And his son is called Yao: his feminine name is Lordship.

Sabaoth: his feminine name is Deity.

Adonaios: his feminine name is Kingship.

Elaios: his feminine name is Jealousy.

Oraios: his feminine name is Wealth.

And Astaphaios: his feminine name is Sophia (Wisdom).

These are the seven forces of the seven heavens of chaos. And they were born androgynous, consistent with the immortal pattern that existed before them, according to the wish of Pistis: so that the likeness of what had existed since the beginning might reign to the end. You will find the effect of these names and the force of the male entities in the Archangelic (Book) of the Prophet Moses, and the names of the female entities in the first Book of Noraia.
    Notice that there are seven androgenes. In the ancient world there was thought to be seven planets -- Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, the Moon, and the Sun.

The Gnostic scriptures suggest that the chief archon "cooed" in order to bring about each of the seven androgenes. Now, during the formation of our solar system our sun is developing and proto-planetary objects are taking shape around it. Maybe where the planets began to form was based on the same principles underlying Cymatics.

The cooing could be a metaphor describing the sounds that the blossoming sun was projecting into the space around it. The planets merely formed around the areas of space where harmonics formed.

I am not saying that the planets are bad; actually, the Nag Hammadi states that the androgenes were created "according to the wish of Pistis."

Here is the sound of the sun displayed visually.

Here is a link with more information about the "songs of stars" (I promise, you won't regret going through this link, it's incredible): http://www.cymascope.com/cyma_resear...rophysics.html

In this case, the sounds that the androgenes made back to the chief archon would correlate with the sounds of the planets.

Now the prime parent Yaldabaoth, since he possessed great authorities, created heavens for each of his offspring through verbal expression - created them beautiful, as dwelling places - and in each heaven he created great glories, seven times excellent.

The symbol for the sun is the ouroboros -- usually symbolized as a reptile/serpent-like form.

Okay, moving on.

According to the gnostic texts, Sophia hid herself within the earth -- Sophia is Gaia, and holds Her creative power (think of Sheldrake's hypothesis).
    "The Sophia herself is but a reflex of the "Mother of all living" and is therefore also called "Mother." She is the formatrix of heaven and earth, for as much as mere matter can only receive form through the light which, coming down from above has interpenetrated the dark waters of the hylē; but she is also at the same time the spiritual principle of life in creation, or, as the world-soul the representative of all that is truly pneumatic in this lower world: her fates and experiences represent typically those of the pneumatic soul which has sunk down into chaos."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_...#As_world-soul
    Again, while reading the following excerpts, keep in mind the work of Rupert Sheldrake regarding morphogenetic fields and modeled form (also, the resonance of the planet).

Excerpts from, The Apocryphon of John and On the Origin of the World:
    And before Adam of Light had withdrawn in the chaos, the authorities saw him and laughed at the prime parent because he had lied when he said, "It is I who am God. No one exists before me." When they came to him, they said, "Is this not the god who ruined our work?" He answered and said, "Yes. If you do not want him to be able to ruin our work, come let us create a man out of earth, according to the image of our body and according to the likeness of this being, to serve us; so that when he sees his likeness, he might become enamored of it. No longer will he ruin our work; rather, we shall make those who are born out of the light our servants for all the duration of this eternal realm." Now all of this came to pass according to the forethought of Pistis, in order that man should appear after his likeness, and should condemn them because of their modeled form. And their modelled form became an enclosure of the light.

[...]

Then the authorities received the knowledge (gnosis) necessary to create man. Sophia Zoe - she who is with Sabaoth - had anticipated them. And she laughed at their decision. For they are blind: against their own interests they ignorantly created him. And they do not realize what they are about to do. The reason she anticipated them and made her own man first, was in order that he might instruct their modelled form how to despise them, and thus to escape from them.

[...]

And the man came forth because of the shadow of the light which is in him. And his thinking was superior to all those who had made him. When they looked up, they saw that his thinking was superior. And they took counsel with the whole array of archons and angels. They took fire and earth and water and mixed them together with the four fiery winds. And they wrought them together and caused a great disturbance. And they brought him (Adam) into the shadow of death, in order that they might form (him) again from earth and water and fire and the spirit which originates in matter, which is the ignorance of darkness and desire, and their counterfeit spirit. This is the tomb of the newly-formed body with which the robbers had clothed the man, the bond of forgetfulness; and he became a mortal man. This is the first one who came down, and the first separation. But the Epinoia of the light which was in him, she is the one who was to awaken his thinking.
    I'm reading this and thinking about natural humans formed on earth by the Spirit of Gaia (i.e. morphogenetic field).

The archontic counterfeit spirit would be their own artificial field that distorts, disrupts, or attempts to substitute itself for the real Gaian field of morphology.

If this 'making of a new man' is a metaphor, it could correlate with panspermia. Somewhere along the way foreign DNA-like structures (from a local pseudo-conscious dust/plasma cloud) fell to the earth and became intermingled/inserted with/in the natural human's genetic code.

This foreign DNA (if DNA acts as a transceiver) picks up a different station than the one Gaia is broadcasting. It tunes into a foreign morphogenetic field (i.e. the counterfeit spirit). Also, it could interfere with the projections of our natural archetypal repository.

[Side note: Think about artificial selection and bloodlines. Certain traits and characteristics could be intensified through keeping certain lineages within one another by selective breeding. This selectiveness of only a few traits would lead to a lack of genetic diversity and possibly create problems for this offshoot species. This makes me think of a motive for cannibalism and blood-drinking as an attempt to ingest more natural DNA in order to repair their own. This may be an instinctual urge since their instinctual faculties of mind have been utterly taken over by this foreign energy. This thought, carried out to an extreme, may account for the stories we here of people witnessing reptilian-like humanoids feeding on people. They could be/look human but they field they project (DNA being a transceiver) is more foreign than home grown so what we receive on a subconscious level appears reptilian in nature.]*

Again, from On the Origin of the World:
    And at that time, the prime parent then rendered an opinion concerning man to those who were with him. Then each of them cast his sperm into the midst of the navel of the earth. Since that day, the seven rulers have fashioned man with his body resembling their body, but his likeness resembling the man that had appeared to them. His modelling took place by parts, one at a time. And their leader fashioned the brain and the nervous system. Afterwards, he appeared as prior to him. He became a soul-endowed man. And he was called Adam, that is, "father", according to the name of the one that existed before him.
    Sounds like panspermia to me. It also says that they "fashioned the brain" and that makes me think of this picture (from my previous post) of the human, reptile-like brain stem compared to the "fractal visions" image and images from the Egyptian hieroglyphs:

Humanity then evolves (over very few generations), or is newly created as a being that no longer possesses a bicameral mind.
    "This is the first one who came down [the fall], and the first separation."
    Separation ---> leading to a unicameral mind (Jaynes).

This is just scratching the surface, but hopefully it gets the gears turning.

Once again, I'm just playing with ideas here ... I realize some of the codices say different things. I'm just trying to look at it from different angles.

So, I'll wrap this up with a quote from Carl Jung. He stated:
    "An archetypal content expresses itself, first and foremost, in metaphors."

[...]

"Wisdom is knowing in depth the great metaphors of meaning."

-Carl Jung
    Here is the source for the Gnostic material that was quoted throughout the post - The Nag Hammadi Library Codex Index

*Concerning this caveat, here are some excerpts from another thread, posted by Bearcow (emphasis added):

Quote Posted by bearcow (here)

For people who do not know what the po is, it is part of the astral body that regulates the animalistic functions of the human organism. IE breathing, hunger, sex drive etc. Addictions come about because the hunger of the Po becomes so strong that it overrides the higher functions of conscious mind and controls the behavior of the individual. If you want to label a part of your being/ego as being negative, this would be the place to start.

[...]

Now lets say you wanted to forever become part of the ruling class of this world. You would need to cut yourself off from the higher aspects of your being but still remain alive. You would need the Po to become so strong that it can live separately from the physical body and the higher self. Some of the things you can strengthen the po by ?

[...]

Everyone has a energetic connection to their ancestors, but those who are bred specifically in one genetic line, (IE inbreeding) have a stronger connection to their ancestors. Part of the reason the elite inbreed is that their ancestors have a easier time influencing their decision making processes. They can become slaves to the will of their fore bearers.
    Source: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...Cult-of-Saturn

ADD/UPDATE:

I have just stumbled upon an article with some similar propositions here:

http://www.metahistory.org/gnostique...etPromise1.php
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 27th December 2012 at 04:19.

11. Link to Post #11
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

From http://www.metahistory.org/gnostique...enDreaming.php
    Fractal Visions

To the Coco de Mer icon we can now add a graphic variation to suggest how the Archons emerge from Sophia's Dreaming, like a leak from a placenta...

Sophia, situated in the center of the impact zone, sees around Her something like a sea of tensile waves, and riding the waves, or actually composing the waves they appear to ride, are self-repeating forms that resemble seashorses. These seahorses are similar to the forms that appear at high reiteration of the equation for the Mandelbrot Set. These forms correspond to the anatomical type spontaneously generated from formless atomic matter by Sophia's impact, a type called the "shadow body," haibes in Coptic.

The fractal formations described in the Gaia Mythos (Episodes 9 - 10) are actual physical phenomena that occur spontaneously when an Aeon (a mass-free, high-porosity current of stellar plasma) pours into the dense fields of elementary matter. At first these "fractal seahorses" seem to be inanimate structures, rigid and almost crystalline in nature, but by the very fact that Sophia beholds them, they become animated.

[Sidenote: "leak from a placenta" reminds me of NASA's findings of alien matter leaking into our solar system, the placenta being the heliosphere or earth's magnetosphere. Also, look at crystalline, helical structures in space forming inside inorganic, interstellar dust clouds.*]

Now, here is the human ("reptilian") brainstem.
    Microcosm to macrocosm -- the intruder fractally mimics it's new domain as it develops.

Interesting.

Sounds like panspermia to me. It also says that they "fashioned the brain" and that makes me think of this picture (from my previous post) of the human, reptile-like brain stem compared to the "fractal visions" image (there's also the images from the Egyptian hieroglyphs):

Humanity then evolves (over very few generations), or is newly created as a being that no longer possesses a bicameral mind.
    "This is the first one who came down [the fall], and the first separation."
    Separation ---> leading to a unicameral mind (Jaynes).
    In the pictures of the human brain stem, the "head" is anatomically known as the thalamus.

In, The Apocryphon of John, the chief archon is said to have had a lions head and a serpents body.
    "And he did not resemble the likeness of the Mother, for he had another form. As she deliberated, she saw that he had become modeled after a different likeness, having the face of a serpent and the face of a lion."

[...]

"And when she saw (the consequences of) her desire, it changed into a form of a lion-faced serpent."
    Here is a relevant excerpt from Wikipedia:
    In vertebrate anatomy the brainstem (or brain stem) is the posterior part of the brain, adjoining and structurally continuous with the spinal cord.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainstem

Notice the similarity between the brain stem and the object inside the head of the figure in the hieroglyph.

The thalamus is tucked under, and partly surrounded by the corpus callosum.

Now, this next part is really going to bake your noodle. A lion's mane could, in the subconscious language of symbols, represent the axonal projections from the corpus callosum.

From Wikipedia:
    The corpus callosum (Latin: tough body), also known as the colossal commissure, is a wide, flat bundle of neural fibers beneath the cortex in the eutherian brain at the longitudinal fissure. It connects the left and right cerebral hemispheres and facilitates interhemispheric communication. It is the largest white matter structure in the brain, consisting of 200–250 million contralateral axonal projections.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_callosum
    Corpus Callosum is the main interhemispheric commisure of the brain consisting of approximately 180 million fibers, most of which connect homologous cortical areas. Corpus Callosum is a structure that is of interest when searching for the morphological bases of the brain’s laterality. It is also thought to play an important role in organizing auditory stimuli and in language perception.

Source
    Here is a diffusion MRI of there area of the brain being discussed.

Now let's turn to the Bicameral Mind Theory.
    This externalized self was a consequence of the split between the two halves of the brain. Jaynes suggests that the left and right brains were not integrated—"unicameral"—they way they are today. Rather, the ancient brain was "bicameral," with the two brains working essentially independently of each other. The left half of the brain, the logical, language-using half, generated ideas and commands, which the right brain then obeyed. These commands were subjectively perceived by the right brain as coming from "outside"—as if a god was speaking.

Source: http://deoxy.org/alephnull/jaynes.htm
    The corpus callosum functions as the bridge creating a unicameral brain. The lion's head represents the thalamus and corpus callosum (with the millions of contralateral axonal projections being the lion's mane). The serpentine body being the spinal cord/nerves. Below is the Gnostic depiction of Yaldabaoth compared with the spinal cord and the brain (the spinal cord leads into the reptilian brain stem):

The function of the corpus callosum has very similar correlations to what Jaynes describes happened when the mind went unicameral. It also ties into the archontic effects of putting humanity under a "veil" of ignorance.

Here are some more excerpts from www.metahistory.org
    archetype - From Latin, “primordial or original pattern.” A term widely associated with the psychological theories of C. G. Jung, although it does not originate with him.

The Jungian conception of the archetype is almost identical with the notion of instinct in biology. It could be said that the archetypes in the human psyche are directive patterns, comparable to instincts in other species.

[...]

In Gnostic psychology, the noetic science of the Mystery Schools, Archons are an alien force that intrudes subliminally upon the human mind and deviates our intelligence away from its proper and sane applications. They are not what makes us act inhumanely, for we all have the potential to go against our innate humanity, violating the truth in our hearts, but they make us play out inhumane behavior to weird and violent extremes. Left to our own devices, we would sometimes act inhumanely and then correct it, contain the aberration. Obviously, we do not always do so. In the exaggeration of our insane and inhumane tendencies, and in extreme, uncorrected deviance from our innate intelligence, Gnostics saw the signature of an alien species that piggy-backs on the worst human failings.

Hence, Archons are psycho-spiritual parasites. Yet as offspring of the Aeon Sophia, they are also our cosmic kin.

As inorganic entities of two types, embryonic and reptilian [...] they exist both as an alien species independent of humankind, and as a presence in our minds, rather like a set of programs operating in our mental environment. The risk they pose by invading our mental software is far greater than any physical risk they might pose by erratically breaching the biosphere.

[...]

Our capacity to discern alien forces working in our minds is crucial to survival and co-evolution with Gaia who, as Sophia, accidentally produced the Archons in the first place [...] By recognizing and repelling the Archons, we claim our power, define our boundaries in the cosmic framework, and establish our purpose relative to Gaia, the indwelling intelligence of the planet.
    I have more thoughts about this and the UFO/alien abduction phenomena (see also: http://www.metahistory.org/gnostique...nIntrusion.php). Especially considering these ideas and the function(s) of the thalamus (and other areas associated with the brain stem):
    The thalamus is involved in several functions of the body including:
    • Motor Control
    • Receives Auditory, Somatosensory and Visual Sensory Signals
    • Relays Sensory Signals to the Cerebral Cortex
    • Controls Sleep and Awake States
    Source: http://biology.about.com/od/anatomy/p/thalamus.htm
    Now, after reading this post, go back over post #2348 and the latter half of post #2358. Interesting ...

I'm also thinking about the kundalini in light of this information.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 27th December 2012 at 04:20.

12. Link to Post #12
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

This is a follow up on post #2367 --->

I have to break this into three posts (maybe two). There are many references to trees in the Nag Hammadi. They are probably allusions. Keep in mind my last couple of posts.

After that Eros, the grapevine sprouted up out of that blood, which had been shed over the earth. Because of this, those who drink of it conceive the desire of sexual union. After the grapevine, a fig tree and a pomegranate tree sprouted up from the earth, together with the rest of the trees, all species, having with them their seed from the seed of the authorities and their angels.

Imagine the blood being symbolic of panspermia. Remember in the story from the last post:

Quote It [the womb of the earth] also had some of these helical, crystalline dust particles inside is geomagnetic field. Over time, the planet grew, densified, and solidified. Some form of these helical, crystalline structures stayed in the atmosphere and eventually ended up in the primordial waters of Gaia.
    Imagine the structures eventually ending up on land. Similar to red rain (blood red). It doesn't have to be exactly like I described.

Now, the "grapevine sprouted out of that blood." One of the first systems to develop in the human embryo is the nervous system. The grapevine could be a metaphor for the peripheral nervous system.

The vines are the nerves. The grapes could possibly represent the cell bodies of the nerve fibers.

On the other hand, the grapevine could represent the lymphatic system. The vines are the lymphatic vessels and the grapes are the lymph nodes. This metaphor may be more appropriate.

Then, after the grapevine, a fig tree and a pomegranate tree sprouted up.

The fig tree represents the circulatory system. The branches are the blood vessels that meander throughout the body, and the fig itself is symbolic of the heart.

Now, the pomegranate tree represents the lungs -- the respiratory tree. The lungs branch out into bronchi and bronchioles. The fruit of the lungs are the alveoli (sacs). These resemble pomegranates.

The rest of the "species of trees" is a metaphor alluding to the rest of the body's biological systems.

The next post will be about the Tree of Knowledge, the Tree of (eternal) Life, and the archontic tree of life.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 27th December 2012 at 04:20.

13. Link to Post #13
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Continuing from, On the Origin of the World:
    Then Justice created Paradise, being beautiful and being outside the orbit of the moon and the orbit of the sun in the Land of Wantonness, in the East in the midst of the stones. And desire is in the midst of the beautiful, appetizing trees. And the tree of eternal life is as it appeared by God's will, to the north of Paradise, so that it might make eternal the souls of the pure, who shall come forth from the modelled forms of poverty at the consummation of the age. Now the color of the tree of life is like the sun. And its branches are beautiful. Its leaves are like those of the cypress. Its fruit is like a bunch of grapes when it is white. Its height goes as far as heaven. And next to it (is) the tree of knowledge (gnosis), having the strength of God. Its glory is like the moon when fully radiant. And its branches are beautiful. Its leaves are like fig leaves. Its fruit is like a good appetizing date. And this tree is to the north of Paradise, so that it might arouse the souls from the torpor of the demons, in order that they might approach the tree of life and eat of its fruit, and so condemn the authorities and their angels. The effect of this tree is described in the Sacred Book, to wit: "It is you who are the tree of knowledge, which is in Paradise, from which the first man ate and which opened his mind; and he loved his female counterpart and condemned the other, alien likenesses and loathed them."

The Tree of eternal Life represents the higher functioning brain. Paradise is in the brain (but I think it may be the lower functioning brain) and the morphogenetic construct of the mind.

The neurons of the brain branch out like a tree and like the veins of a leaf.
    A typical neuron possesses a cell body (often called the soma), dendrites, and an axon. Dendrites are thin structures that arise from the cell body, often extending for hundreds of micrometres and branching multiple times, giving rise to a complex "dendritic tree".

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuron
    The branches of the Tree of Life represent the scaffolding of the neocortex (which is latin for "new bark"). The neocortex is dominated by "neuronal cell bodies and unmyelinated fibers" while the archontic tree of life ends with the axonal projections of the thalamus and the corpus callosum. The dendritic trees of neuronal cell bodies in the neocortex are analogous to cyprus leaves (referencing the Tree of eternal Life). The images shown below are the neuronal dendrites and cypress leaves (bottom).

From, The Apocryphon of John:
    And the archons took him and placed him in paradise. And they said to him, 'Eat, that is at leisure,' for their luxury is bitter and their beauty is depraved. And their luxury is deception and their trees are godlessness and their fruit is deadly poison and their promise is death. And the tree of their life they had placed in the midst of paradise.

And I shall teach you (pl.) what is the mystery of their life, which is the plan which they made together, which is the likeness of their spirit. The root of this (tree) is bitter and its branches are death, its shadow is hate and deception is in its leaves, and its blossom is the ointment of evil, and its fruit is death and desire is its seed, and it sprouts in darkness. The dwelling place of those who taste from it is Hades, and the darkness is their place of rest.

Source: http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn.html
    This is different from the Tree of (eternal) Life because it is of the counterfeit spirit.

[Side note: to really appreciate the content of this post, I recommend reading post #2348 and post #2360.]

The tree being described here could be the equivalent of the subtle body of the demiurge. Which corresponds physically to the reptile-like brain stem and the spinal cord.
    Together, these parts—the brain stem, cerebellum, and basal ganglia—are casually referred to as your “lizard brain.”

[...]

The human brain includes many regions that evolved long ago. Our older “lizard brain” parts keep our bodies working and provide basic survival motivations ...

Source: http://www-v1.amnh.org/exhibitions/b...izardbrain.php
    See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triune_brain

So, the head of the demiurge represents the thalamus. The lion's mane and the crown (or the corona of the sun in another depiction) is symbolic of the axonal projections of the thalamus and the corpus callosum. The serpentine body is indicative of the spinal cord.

In a diffusion MRI of the lower brain, the nerve fibers of the thalamus and corpus callosum project outwardly. This represents the lion's mane and crown. The axonal projections also represent the branches of the tree top of the archontic tree of life (the top of a tree is known as the crown).

The roots of the tree represent the root of the spinal cord and the coccygeal nerves (in the tailbone).

Now, the Tree of Knowledge and the archontic tree of life are nearly synonymous with respects to location, but quite the opposite terms of meaning.

The fruit of the Tree of Knowledge is an allusion that references a gland.

That gland "is like a good appetizing date."

This, I believe, is describing the pineal gland (see post #15).

Now, the fruit of the archontic life is an apple (the reference to an apple isn't in the Nag Hammadi).

The apple could represent the pituitary gland. Notice how the pituitary gland resembles an apple.

This gland hangs from a stalk connected to the hypothalamus. Just like the apple hangs from "their" tree of life.

The pituitary gland is also known as the master gland of the body.

This gland also controls the thyroid gland, which is closely associated with the anatomical "Adam's Apple."

The secretion of this gland (it's "seed") is one of the primary drivers that maintains our sexual differentiation -- the biological male and female. Consequentially, the physiology of this gland corresponds to our sexual desire.
    Hormones are powerful chemical substances manufactured by the endocrine glands and secreted directly into the bloodstream.

[...]

The most important sex hormones are testosterone (one of a group of hormones called androgens) and estrogens and progesterone. The thyroid, the adrenals, and the pituitary are examples of endocrine glands.

[...]

The pituitary gland and a closely related region of the brain, the hypothalamus, are also important, because the hypothalamus regulates the pituitary, which regulates the other glands, in particular the testes and ovaries. Because of its importance, the pituitary has been called the master gland of the endocrine system.

Source: http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/site...86360_ch05.pdf
    This intrigues me because certain codices describe the first beings as having androgynous characteristics, and the pineal gland (the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge) secretes melatonin, which at high levels is known to inhibit sexual development. After Adam and Eve ate the from the apple they realized they were naked. In other words, they had developed male and female genitalia.

After the fall, the seed of desire was sown in mankind ---> the seeds of the apple being the secretions of the pituitary gland. Two houses are created. The biological male and female. Copulation is now a requisite for reproduction.

There is a lot more that can come of these connections.

“There is a thinking in primordial images, in symbols which are older than the historical man, which are inborn in him from the earliest times, eternally living, outlasting all generations, still make up the groundwork of the human psyche. It is only possible to live the fullest life when we are in harmony with these symbols; wisdom is a return to them.” – Carl Jung

ADD/UPDATE: It is very possible that the Tree of Knowledge represents the cerebellum.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 3rd January 2013 at 00:17.

14. Link to Post #14
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

This is a followup on post #9.

For ease of writing, I have left out many words indicating that I am merely presenting ideas here. These aren't opinions, facts, or even speculation. I am just painting.

I think detailing the differences between a "Soul" and a "Spirit" can be very advantageous when attempting to decipher metaphors in religious and spiritual texts. Both terms have been inextricably tangled with regards to their definitions.

I think they have certain correlations with electromagnetism (i.e. they behave similarly), but that isn't a characteristic that solely defines them. A magnet has a magnetic field, but surely that can't be considered a Soul.

From, The Apochryphon of John:
    Now the first Adam, (Adam) of Light, is spirit-endowed and appeared on the first day. The second Adam is soul-endowed and appeared on the sixth day, which is called Aphrodite. The third Adam is a creature of the earth, that is, the man of the law, and he appeared on the eighth day ...

[...]

And the progeny of the earthly Adam became numerous and was completed, and produced within itself every kind of scientific information of the soul-endowed Adam. But all were in ignorance.

The first Adam could represent the first morphological construct (i.e. subtle body). He is "spirit-endowed" and he was the first to appear naturally in the womb of Gaia. It is interesting that "Adam" and "atom" are similar. The etymology of the first word meaning something like "of the earth" and the essence of the second word is "indivisible particle" (source: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Adam#Etymology, http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=atom). The amalgamation of these two terms seems to describe the first Adam adequately.

Another description of the first Adam from, On the Origin of the World:
    Since that day, that emissary has been called "Adam of Light," whose rendering is "the luminous man of blood," and the earth spread over him, holy Adaman, whose rendering is "the Holy Land of Adamantine."

Blood derives from word(s) meaning to gush, spurt, or bloom (source: http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=blood). The luminous blood would be analogous to the idea that the field of energy emanating from the core of the earth (i.e. the Monad/Spirit of Gaia) is gushing through the ducts of a morphological construct that took shape in the womb of the world. This energy is channeled into a point, or indivisible particle, which would in turn be the Monad for that being. That point produces a toroidal field around it. This can be considered a spiritual Soul. It is a microcosmic production that reflects macrocosmic pattern above it.

It is possible that there are two types of souls being described in the codices.

Consider that a moving electrical charge produces a magnetic field. Now, consider that there is a pervasive "spiritual" cache (possibly akin to the Higgs field in physics) that underlies the physical universe. This would be like a placid lake -- calm, undisturbed, and wealthy in it's stillness. This is the nature of this invariable, Spiritual field.

Now, the universe is in motion. It is active.

In physics, when a charged body is in motion it produces a magnetic field.

There are constructions whose architecture is extremely subtle -- subtle enough to act as a causeway for this Spiritual field. Not that the field is moving, rather these subtle constructs are moving through the field. This creates a current that flows through the field (in reality, the construct is flowing through the placid field) -- this flow is akin to Prana, Chi, or Ki.

So, these subtle causeways divert and direct this Spiritual reservoir (infinite, immutable, and adamantine) -- and a field is thereby produced. This might be considered a soul. It is more like an aura than a Spiritual Soul (which is created by a microcosmic Monad).

When the subtle causeway (i.e. morphogenetic constructs) diverges this (Spiritual) energy into a point of convergence then a pure Soul is created. This is the torus -- it is a Spiritual Soul. It springs forth from the Monad.

In Vedanta, there is the Paratman and the Jivatman.
    Generally there is a great misunderstanding about the characteristics of the individual soul and Supersoul, or jiva-atma and param-atma.

Some transcendentalists claim that the soul and Supersoul are absolutely one and the same whereas others claim them to be different.

The truth, however, is that the individual soul and Supersoul are two different entities which are similar in their spiritual natures but distinct in their quantitative function.

Jiva-atma, or the individual soul, refers to the living entity which is embodied in a physical form, produced by material nature.

[...]

In the Upanisads it is explained that there are two types of souls which are technically known as jiva-atma and param-atma. Jiva-atma, or the individual soul, is the living entity and param-atma refers to the Supreme Lord who expands Himself as the Supersoul, who enters into the hearts of all living entities as well as all atoms.

Source: http://www.yoga-philosophy.com/eng/2souls.htm
    The living soul can be regarded as auric in nature. Such is the case with Kirlian photography (Kirlian techniques are controversial).

Not only would biological entities produce this "auric" soul, but subtle energy constructs would as well (due to the moving currents within them).

This type of soul could be susceptible to change based on it's environment. In other words, it can be affected.

Okay, back to the Gnostic texts.

And before Adam of Light had withdrawn in the chaos, the authorities saw him and laughed at the prime parent because he had lied when he said, "It is I who am God. No one exists before me." When they came to him, they said, "Is this not the god who ruined our work?" He answered and said, "Yes. If you do not want him to be able to ruin our work, come let us create a man out of earth, according to the image of our body and according to the likeness of this being, to serve us ...

[...]

And when they had finished Adam, he abandoned him as an inanimate vessel, since he had taken form like an abortion, in that no spirit was in him. Regarding this thing, when the chief ruler remembered the saying of Pistis, he was afraid lest the true man enter his modelled form and become its lord. For this reason he left his modelled form forty days without soul, and he withdrew and abandoned it. Now on the fortieth day, Sophia Zoe sent her breath into Adam, who had no soul. He began to move upon the ground. And he could not stand up.

There is also this version from, Apochryphon of John:
    And when the mother wanted to retrieve the power which she had given to the chief archon, she petitioned the Mother-Father of the All, who is most merciful. He sent, by means of the holy decree, the five lights down upon the place of the angels of the chief archon. They advised him that they should bring forth the power of the mother. And they said to Yaltabaoth, 'Blow into his face something of your spirit and his body will arise.' And he blew into his face the spirit which is the power of his mother; he did not know (this), for he exists in ignorance. And the power of the mother went out of Yaltabaoth into the natural body, which they had fashioned after the image of the one who exists from the beginning. The body moved and gained strength, and it was luminous.

[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
    Alright, this is a bit confusing.

According to one account, the demiurge persisted in blowing into the second Adam to no avail. The breath, in Yogic traditions, is also called prana. It is known as the breath of life, or vital energy that gushes through the Nadis (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pranayama). Yet, in another account the demiurge breathed something of the spirit (that is his mother) into Adam. Then, "the body moved and gained strength, and it was luminous."

The power of the Mother is represented by a circle. The Father is the point within the circle. Together they give meaning to each other. The demiurge is incomplete, and made "without the consent of the Father." Think of an incomplete circle -- it is essentially a line (maybe not straight; also, it cannot contain a point).

Therefore, in the symbolic language of the subconscious, the power of the Mother in the demiurge is the serpent. While the demiurge himself is serpentine in form. This could be the confusion of many debates regarding the serpent. One one side, the serpent is malevolent (the demiurge). On the other, the serpent is a source of wisdom and power (the Mother, Sophia). It really makes you think.

Either way, the Gnostic texts state that it was the spiritual essence of the Mother that went into the second Adam. It is irrelevant whether it came from the demiurge or not because it was pure.

From, Hypostasis of the Archons:
    And he [demiurge] breathed into his face; and the man came to have a soul (and remained) upon the ground many days. But they could not make him arise because of their powerlessness. Like storm winds they persisted (in blowing), that they might try to capture that image, which had appeared to them in the waters. And they did not know the identity of its power.

Now all these things came to pass by the will of the father of the entirety. Afterwards, the spirit saw the soul-endowed man upon the ground. And the spirit came forth from the Adamantine Land; it descended and came to dwell within him, and that man became a living soul.

Source: http://gnosis.org/naghamm/hypostas.html
    Now, the spirit flows through the second Adam (producing a luminous aura). This creates a living soul - the Jivatman.

So, the spirit came to dwell within the soul-endowed man. This could be referring to the flowing "prana" converging into a point. The Spirit came forth from the Adamantine Land. This term, adamantine, means unbreakable.

This produces a Monad, which creates the Spiritual Soul. This is the Paratman (oversoul, super-soul) which springs forth from the heart of the Jivatman.

[Side note: There are still some things to clarify regarding this, but I have spent enough time thinking about it already. If something inspires me (through further reading, or through another members insights) I will come back to edit this.]

The second, now soul-endowed Adam is also known as Aphrodite -- the goddess of love. This alludes to the Spirit coming to light within the heart of the second Adam.

This would be the Anahata in Yoga -- the heart chakra.

From Wikipedia:
    Anahata is considered the seat of the Jivatman, and Para Shakti. In the Upanishads, this is described as being like a tiny flame that resided inside the heart.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anahata
    [Side note: some sources say it is the seat of the Paratma. Ramakrishna says there really is no difference. Like I said, it's tangled.]

The flame (divine spark, Monad) in the sacred heart would be the Bana linga.

According to Yogic traditions, the Bana linga is located in the heart chakra.

Now, "the third Adam is a creature of the earth." A creature, an animal.

I believe, the earth in this context could mean the physical world.

This is Adam represents the material root of humanity. This could symbolize the basal, biological connection we share with the physical planet.

It is associated with biological reproduction. The third Adam had offspring that populated the earth.

I think this Adam alludes to the Muladhara, or root chakra.
    Muladhara is the root centre of physical experience, located at the base of the spine, the sacral plexus.

Source: http://www.tantra-kundalini.com/muladhara.htm

Located in the Muladhara is the Svayambhu Linga.

So, now we have two lingas in the body. One represents the "permanent atom" in the heart, and the second represents the third, basal Adam (a creature of the earth).

There is another linga according to Yogic traditions -- the Itara Linga. It is located in the Ajna, or third-eye chakra.

There is another thing to take note of. The first natural, morphogenetic constructs that developed were androgynous in form, but there were feminine and masculine aspects of these constructs.

Adam of Light is the masculine aspect. The Gnostic scriptures also reference a feminine aspect of these forms. It's a tad convoluted, but her name is Epinoia of Light. She is also known as Eve of Life and Sophia Zoe.

From, The Apochryphon of John and On the Origin of the World:
    But the blessed One, the Mother-Father, the beneficent and merciful One, had mercy on the power of the mother which had been brought forth out of the chief archon, for they (the archons) might gain power over the natural and perceptible body. And he sent, through his beneficent Spirit and his great mercy, a helper to Adam, luminous Epinoia which comes out of him, who is called Life. And she assists the whole creature, by toiling with him and by restoring him to his fullness and by teaching him about the descent of his seed (and) by teaching him about the way of ascent, (which is) the way he came down. And the luminous Epinoia was hidden in Adam, in order that the archons might not know her, but that the Epinoia might be a correction of the deficiency of the mother.

[...]

Then Eve, being a force, laughed at their decision. She put mist into their eyes and secretly left her likeness with Adam. She entered the tree of knowledge and remained there. And they pursued her, and she revealed to them that she had gone into the tree and become a tree.

Source: http://gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn.html, http://gnosis.org/naghamm/origin.html
    Remember, the third-eye represents the pineal gland. This is the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge.

Now the production of the instructor came about as follows. When Sophia let fall a droplet of light, it flowed onto the water, and immediately a human being appeared, being androgynous. That droplet she molded first as a female body. Afterwards, using the body she molded it in the likeness of the mother, which had appeared. And he finished it in twelve months. An androgynous human being was produced, whom the Greeks call Hermaphrodites; and whose mother the Hebrews call Eve of Life (Zoe), namely, the female instructor of life.

The Ajna chakra is described as having androgynous characteristics, and it is the home of the shining white Itara Linga.

The female instructor of life is described as having androgynous characteristics.

I will come back to edit and clean up this post later... there is more. Again, these are just ideas and I always have my eraser handy ... If anything, hopefully they get the creative juices flowing. I'd put this post on the back burner for now, I will tie back into it later.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 27th December 2012 at 15:15.

15. Link to Post #15
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

The fruit of the Tree of Knowledge is an allusion that references a gland.

That gland "is like a good appetizing date."

This, I believe, is describing the pineal gland.
    The pineal gland received it's name because it's shape is resembles that of a pine cone (actually, because it looks like a pine nut).

Dates come from date palms. Notice the shape at the top of the trunk (and the whole trunk in the bottom image) -- it's form is reminiscent of a pine cone as well.

Also, the flowers of a male date palm look pinecone-esque too.

There are Sumerian and Akkadian artifacts depicting highly stylized date palms.

Now, it looks as if the eagle could be holding the male flower of a date palm.

Dates, the Tree of Knowledge, the pineal gland, and the eagle. Metaphors of meaning.

This strongly correlates to the Tree of Knowledge as referenced by the Gnostic codices. With that in mind, in the mesopotamian illustrations the eagles would be fertilizing the female date palms with the male flowers. This will produce the fruit -- the dates. Again, tying back into the pineal gland, the Tree of Knowledge, and the enlightening eagle referenced in the Apochryphon of John.

A date palm is a type of palm tree. Any date palm is categorized as being of the Phoenix genus. Hence the scientific name of the date palm -- Phoenix dactylifera.

Furthermore, the creation myth related to the Sumerian god Enlil has correlations with Gnosticism too.

Here is a picture of Enlil (left) and Ninlil (right). Ninlil was said to have been raped by Enlil. Similar to how archonitic energies "raped" Gaia.

Enlil is grabbing the date palm tree!

Enlil is said to have been a storm god, or a solar-type deity of the wind. This ties back into attributes of Vedfolnir -- the hawk from Yggdrasil -- and Horus Ra (see this post).
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 12th August 2013 at 02:24.

16. Link to Post #16
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

The chimera is a creature with the head of a lion and the tail of a serpent. This has strong correlations with the demiurge (lion-headed snake).

In the post(s) above, observations were made that correlated the form of the demiurge to structures of the human central nervous system.

The chimera has similar connotations, yet there is more to it.

The chimera also has a goat on the back of the lion.

The curved horns of a goat also resemble a structure in the brain. That structure is the hippocampus.

If the thalamus is indicative of the head of the lion (the axonal projections being it's mane) then the horns of the hippocampus would be on the lion's back.

So, the chimera -- the lion's head is the thalamus (the brain stem is it's body), the serpent tail is the spinal nerves, and the goat on the back of the lion represents the hippocampus.

The goat head (goat horns) also relates to baphomet. Which in turn relates back to the demiurge.

EDIT/ADD:

Last edited by Jeffrey; 4th January 2013 at 06:11.

17. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,710 times in 8,942 posts

I read quite a lot of your post on the Horus Ra thread, and I must say they are brilliant.

To me, your are opening a whole new paradigm shift in the world of psychology. Or an earth quake...

Thanks for all you information and thinking, as well as the time you took to make the correlations you made. I will keep reading you voraciously.

18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

AwakeInADream (30th December 2012), Caren (28th December 2012), CdnSirian (6th January 2013), Chester (30th December 2012), crosby (1st January 2013), DeDukshyn (28th December 2012), Jeffrey (27th December 2012), karamba (1st May 2013), lookbeyond (27th December 2012), Marin (2nd January 2013), Mark (29th December 2012), modwiz (28th December 2012), mosquito (3rd January 2013), seko (28th December 2012), Snoweagle (27th December 2012)

19. Link to Post #18
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks

There are many allusions to this theme of a lion-headed figure and the serpent throughout religious mythology.

I don't even know where to start, I'm not going to worry about chronology here. Please excuse the strewn expression of connections in this post, there is a lot to fill in. I am just going to post it and detail it later (as in today).

Excerpt from Wikipedia:
    The Leontocephaline is the snake-entwined lion-headed figure of the Roman religion known as the Mithraic Mysteries. The function of the figure (what it represents) is uncertain. Some of the figures have a human instead of lion head, but they are identifiable as belonging to the same genre as the leontocephalines proper because they all possess one or more of the other crucial attributes: the serpent-entwined body, the wings, the clutched keys.

Source: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ca...eontocephaline

Look at the symbolism in that image -- incredible!

There is a lions-head and a serpent coiled around the body. There is also what looks like a rooster, a caduceus, and a pine cone.

This icon, according to Zoroastrianism, represents Zervan. The story of Zurvan parallels the creation myth of the demiurge in many ways.

Here is an excerpt from, http://www.hermeticmagick.com/content/deities/aion.html
    Legend has it that Zurvan, who was a hermaphroditic being, existed eternally, but wanted a son. To make this happen, he sacrificed for 1000 years with no result, and doubt crept in. Out of that doubt was born the evil god called Angra Mainyu (Ahriman). Zurvan's sacrifices had actually been successful and the good god called Ahuramazda (later Ormuzd) was subsequently born. Zurvan gave dominion of the world to his first-born son, Angra Mainyu. When Zurvan realised his mistake, he then gave dominion to Ahuramazda. The twin gods Ahuramazda and Angra Mainyu are locked in an ongoing struggle, a dualistic struggle of conflicting principles. This struggle will endure throughout finite time, which will last for 12,000 symbolic years. At the end, Ahuramazda is fated to destroy the evil creation of Angra Mainyu.
    Now, Sophia represents Zurvan in this case, and Ahriman represents the demiurge.
    Angra Mainyu A.K.A. "Ahriman" is the Avestan-language name of Zoroastrianism's hypostasis of the "destructive spirit". The Middle Persian equivalent is Ahriman.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angra_Mainyu
    Here is an image of Ahriman (right).

Ahriman has a lions head (the thalamus) with horns (the hippocampus) and he also has ties to the serpent.

Remember, the archontic tree of life and the Tree of Knowledge aren't synonymous in meaning, only in location.

Yggdrasil is the a significant tree in Norse mythology -- also known as the World Tree. There are animals that live within this tree according to legend. I think they are metaphors of meaning.

The eagle and the rooster (see image of Zurvan) live atop Yggdrasil. There is also a "dragon" (winged serpent) named Nidhogg that gnaws at it's roots.

There are differences between the symbology of dragons and winged serpents (also known as seraphim). Just as there are important differences between the Soul and Spirit, the serpent and the snake, and the archontic tree of life and the Tree of Knowledge.

Nidhogg has negative attributes, he has also been described as a monstrous snake.

There are three birds that live atop Yggdrasil. The rooster, the eagle, and the hawk.

Now, according to the Gnostics an eagle is perched in the Tree of Knowledge as well.

From the Apochryphon of John:
    And our sister Sophia (is) she who came down in innocence in order to rectify her deficiency. Therefore she was called Life, which is the mother of the living, by the foreknowledge of the sovereignty of heaven. And through her they have tasted the perfect Knowledge. I appeared in the form of an eagle on the tree of knowledge, which is the Epinoia from the foreknowledge of the pure light, that I might teach them and awaken them out of the depth of sleep. For they were both in a fallen state, and they recognized their nakedness. The Epinoia appeared to them as a light; she awakened their thinking.

I think this eagle, being Epinoia, represents the pineal gland as well. She is there to awaken the spiritual sight of humanity.

Back to Yggdrasil.

The hawk, in Yggradrasil, sits between the eyes of the eagle.

Excerpt from Wikipedia:
    In Norse mythology, Veðrfölnir (Old Norse "storm pale," "wind bleached" or "wind-witherer") is a hawk sitting between the eyes of an unnamed eagle that is perched on top of the world tree Yggdrasil.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veðrfölnir_and_eagle
    Here is an image of the hawk (Vedfolnir or Vethrfolnir) perched on the eagle.

From what I've gathered, the hawk may represent the pituitary gland (the fruit of the archontic tree of life).

When viewing the human brain from the front the pituitary gland (and the hypothalamus) is nested in front of the pineal gland. In other words, the hawk is in front of -- and symbolically blocking the sight of -- the eagle.

This also correlates with Horus-Ra being a hawk headed god.

The archontic "forces" are known to be imitators. They use their counterfeit spirit to "create" and imitate the natural patterns of life in order to obtain what they seek (which is what they lack). They mimicked the Tree of Knowledge with their tree of life, they have their own version of their fruit, they have their own version of the serpent power, and they have their own version of the dragon.

It is possible that certain cults and secretive societies have adopted the demiurge as their god. In doing so their iconography reflects the mechanisms and machinations of archontic influence. Deception is rampant because they are attempting to parallel the pure, primordial, subconscious aspects of creation/life. Throughout mythological history the symbology between the "righteous" and the "wicked" has been tangled.

Now, according to Hinduism, Garuda is an eagle-like god and a sworn enemy of the serpent.
    The Garuda (Sanskrit: गरुड garuḍa, "eagle"), Indonesian: Burung Garuda which means Garuda Bird/Eagle is a large mythical bird or bird-like creature that appears in both Hindu and Buddhist mythology.

[...]

Garuda is known as the eternal sworn enemy of the Nāga serpent race and known for feeding exclusively on snakes, such behavior may have referred to the actual Short-toed Eagle of India. The image of Garuda is often used as the charm or amulet to protect the bearer from snake attack and its poison, since the king of birds is an implacable enemy and "devourer of serpent".

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garuda
    The Gnostic scriptures repeatedly allude to rectifying the deficiency.

There is an image of a crucified serpent known as the Alchemical Cross.
    The symbol of a crucified serpent is an old alchemical drawing representing the “fixing of the volatile,” or, making the elixir of mercury, a legendary curative, by removing the ‘volatile’ or poisonous element. The picture is derived from the biblical story of Moses, who erected a brazen snake as a charm against plague.

Source: http://worldsymbols.blogspot.com/200...cal-cross.html

From the Bible:
    And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:13-15)
    This makes me think of the Kundalini ascending into the Tree of Knowledge to meet the eagle, and proceeding to go into the Tree of (eternal) Life.

From the mesopotamian myth of the Huluppu Tree:
    The tree grew big, its trunk bore no foliage,
    In its roots the snake who knows no charm set up its nest,
    In its crown the Imdugud-bird [Anzu] placed its young,
    In its midst the maid Lilith built her house --
    The always laughing, always rejoicing maid,
    The maid Inanna -- how she weeps!

http://echoes.devin.com/watchers/anzu.html
    The Anzu/Imdugud bird is depicted as a horned, lion-headed, winged beast. Similar to Ahriman.

There is also the Sumerian creation myth and Tree of Life.

Last edited by Jeffrey; 3rd January 2013 at 00:19.

20. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Thanks for this thread, looks interesting. I'll have to have a go when I have more time to go through it all
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

AwakeInADream (30th December 2012), Chester (30th December 2012), Jeffrey (28th December 2012)

22. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

I will have to go through this one post at a time....lol.

Mitochondria provides/converts the energy our muscles require for movement, in return we preserve and pass along it's genetic material, thereby insuring it's survival -- it's a symbiotic relationship based on desirable characteristics for survival.

“The blood is self preserving” old druidic proverb.

“The ingrained hatred towards wo-man by those who crave what she carries. They bear in their blood a means of passage that hu-man cannot unless that blood is first brought forth by him, to him. (the ability to pass on mitochondrial dna to future generations.

Hu-man of the breath. Wo-man of the fire.

A ver-gen is nothing more than a female with a state of terribly undiluted (uncorrupt) blood

Now, Sheldrake proposes that not only is genetic material passed along from generation to generation, but things like memories, ideologies, and archetypes are passed along as well by morphogenetic resonance.

It would be. Consciousness imposes a great deal of influence on dna, mind over matter. What might be simply described as psychic imprints, memories and ideas can be graved onto dna and passed along to exhibit themselves as knowledge, or trauma events, or natural aptitudes, and even attitudes in future generations particularly if this genetic imprint is stimulated in some fashion.

The meta-genetic studies of Thoroughbred races horses bears a considerable amount of evidence towards this. A creature that is in race mode even when it’s not taught to race. Another horse walking in front of it will agitate it until it passes that horse, to be in front, to ‘win’. This didn’t come from breeding exceptionally long legs, and huge rib cages.

The body was built to accommodate the mind of the thoroughbred or did the mind of the thoroughbred develop its body?

You can genetically breed depth of girth and extra lung capacity into horse. But a big rib cage, an extra large heart does not prompt a desire to win. Does an enlarged heart on its own coax a desire to win, or is the big heart a physical manifestation of the courage a thoroughbred carries. It doesn’t create the inherent intelligence it takes to win a race. It doesn’t create a desire to race even when its not under rigging?

How is this horse demonstrably more intelligent than other horses? How does this horse KNOW it is the breed of kings? (kings-whom is most knowledge about bloodlines? Around whom does so much rumor bloodlines swirl but kings--royalty.)

A horse being the open book sort of creature that is is, if one keeps an eye out for long it will see reacting to memories in their dna , reactions to episodes that are not present, watching them react in the present to events that haven’t occurred.

It is well known that a thoroughbred will resonate to one person. It may have many owners, grooms, trainers, all manner of people associating with it but it will bond with one particular person in it’s lifetime. Why? What gives them this distinction?

It bears considerable interest that the non physical spirit may be attracted to their own recall in a descendant enough to merit haunting that descendant. A non-physical entity is tempted by their own memories, recalls and even archetypical stories.

The expression of graven dna material influenced by past generations can be mistaken for haunting and possession all on it’s own. It can even create constructs in any sort of energetic field? Archetypes in the truest sense of the word.

Genesis memory accounts for the peculiar knack of people knowing how to do so something without having any previous experience of doing so. Merely knowing how to do something on a mental level (air) is far different than applying that 'idea' to physical expression-- mind to motor control.

Graven images, graven idols.

imagine the subconscious mind and archetypes. A long time ago, if indeed humans did have something like a bicameral mind, it would have been beneficial to the planet. Our storehouse of archetypes would have been there to help us help Gaia, helping us fulfill our role, maintaining harmony. Imagine if our own brain lost it's connection with one of it's important organs, or if it's communication was severely diminished or distorted. The harmony of the body would no longer be in full effect. The organ may still go on functioning, but not as intended ... this would most likely end up having negative consequences for the body.

Like the brain stem, the appendix, the little finger and toe, the spleen, the pineal gland?

This presents an even more intriguing notion, what can we burp up from genetic material that is helpful to us? The fountain of youth? Great Auntie’s secret bisquit recipe? A means of finding pathways to our basic template as it relates to the individual?

Personally I tend to think we are possessed of bicameral minds now if one thinks as the brain as an influence on the Psyche. Or is it a product of the psyche? In the sense of Bicameral as Mixed governances. What is driving us our minds?

Right now i observe a whole lot of people governed by their wounded emotional bodies attempting to think with them. That is the mental bodies intended function which is why people are so illogical to obvious and basic truths. They are attempting to think with emotions and emotions don’t think. Emotions are easily manipulated—button pushing.

What is to prevent a non physical entity from pushing one’s buttons. It seems mind control is much older than MK Ultra.

Malafien held her breath daring to hope that perhaps the lei line had stimulated some genesis memory, some racial memory in Miriams soul?
    – Quote, Origenes

My husband says that your kind is some manner of sentient animal. Ones that rather resemble humans in form but are no more than beasts with some reason about them.

Quote, Origenes

We have our reasonings, but like the animals of the forest we have our instincts as well to guide us.”

Quote, Origenes

What is it they found out that fashed their God so. What did the serpent reveal to the wo-man that caused Him to cast him from that demesnes?

That he were not God at all that they beheld, but an imposter God.
    _ Origenes.

Still purposeful. A possible answer to the "why the connection was broken" is that we have been quarantined by the planet. The reason being there was an in pouring of foreign information received through the channels of our subconscious minds that was originally designated for our connection with Gaia.

And we have quarantines on top of quarantines within the planet itself or what some may innocently refer to as dimensions. Our forebears referred to as demesnes depending on what culture one is from. Now take in lei lines, they once held great influence on the presence and absence of quarantines or boundaries.

Lei means “with her” --with Gaia. It is very relevant to axis mundi, or where the heavens and earth meet. Archonic energies have deliberately put guise or constructs across the lines. Where the heavens and earth meet.

As we know where these lei lines are still relatively strong a communion or connection with the earth is still possible. Where did the mitochondrial bacteria come from….the earth? Where to lei lines issue from?

When some these veils fell, it allowed malignant influence in.

The organic portals of this realm to allow this connection thus allowed not only a divine connection in but a malignant parasitical one. Birfurcated. What is actually governing us?

Drui (drew drawing)

One of the portals or rites of allowing natural earth energy were the conjungal rites. Gives a whole new perspective why archonic forces wanted such a distortion of sexuality. Particularly in women, who of course carry the lines of mitochondrial . Conjugal rites were given so the a divine energy could be brought into this world that has been quarantined from it.

Why didn't this happen with any other species on the planet? Maybe because, by means of natural selection (memetically speaking), this energy had the best chance of survival and it was in our minds that it was most likely to develop/gain that which it lacked. Intelligence and will.

Behold this human and the artificial presence that serves as their Mind. Note that something not of the creation matrix controls him. This what all the worlds will turn to if we are not careful.

- Origenes.
    -
    -
    - Malafien looked down at the hapless woman, slumped against her shoulder, her injured face and damaged hands. What could this poor wo-man have have that his alien presence inside her head should desire so greatly?
    -
    - (the means to control the tides of mitochondrial dna? Ones access to spirit?)

Malafein flicked a glance at the lien entity cowering , quiet now for the moment, around Miriam who was entirely unaware that something other than her true essential nature was managing her. What maleficent god did that thing look to?

As far as Avatar. Where is mitochondrial dna found externally? In hair.

Why is there the pervasive notion that hair serves as a 'psychic' antenna? Mitochondiral dna, it speaks.

Why did men have the idea that long hair was strength.

Mitochondrial Dna.

Wherever did I come up with all this nonsense I come up with this?

I wrote it all down in the weeks preceding your posts.

And you posted about a scane week or tendays after I decided to commit some fo this to paper? Out of my head and onto text. Mitochondrial dna?

Mitrochondrial DNA we has it and it will speak to you if you let it.

Seems likes its been expressing a lot in you lately Vivek

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast