1. Link to Post #36601
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,985 times in 10,430 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Exoplanet Zoo: Other Stars by Martin Vargic

"I am super excited to tell you about today's subject! Exoplanets! In this image, we see some of the over 5500 exoplanets that have been confirmed to exist! We find all sorts of planets, including planets of intermediate size which do not exist in our solar system! The SuperEarths and MiniNeptunes!

Featured here is an illustrated guess as to what some of these exoplanets might look like! Neptune-type planets occupy the middle and are colored blue because of blue-scattering atmospheric methane they might contain! On the sides of the illustration, Jupiter-type planets are shown, colored tan and red from the scatterings of atmospheric gases that likely include small amounts of carbon! Interspersed are many Earth-type rocky planets of many colors!

As more exoplanets are discovered and investigated, humanity is developing a better understanding of how common Earth-like planets are, and how common life might be in the universe! Have a great day, everyone, and I'll see you in class!"

(4:48)

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

edina (13th July 2024), Ivanhoe (14th July 2024), RatRodRob...RRR (15th July 2024), skogvokter (19th July 2024), tessie999 (14th July 2024), ThePythonicCow (12th July 2024), william r sanford72 (14th July 2024), Yoda (11th July 2024)

3. Link to Post #36602
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Is This Really Noah's Ark? | Biblical Mystery at Mount Ararat, Turkey

Megalithomania takes a closer look at what has somewhat surprisingly come up in recent headlines: Noah's Ark.

Published 9th July 2024 (9:48)

Quote Near Mount Ararat on the Turkish border are the remains of what some believe to be the ruined shell of Noah's Ark from Biblical tradition. Geologists say the Durupinar site is a geological basalt formation, whilst researchers like Ron Wyatt believe it could be the remains of Noah's Ark. Petrified wood, metal objects and other evidence has been discovered, and the size of it matches the descriptions in the Bible. In this video we explore the site and the on-site museum to find out more. Includes exclusive aerial footage.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

edina (13th July 2024), Ivanhoe (14th July 2024), tessie999 (14th July 2024), william r sanford72 (14th July 2024), Yoda (11th July 2024)

5. Link to Post #36603
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Disastrous

Shocking STORM Moments Caught on Camera

Published 26th June 2024 (17:52)

Natural Disasters To Watch Out For In The Future

Did you know America's Yellowstone is a supervolcano?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supervolcano

Published 1st July 2024 (10:14)

Quote Picture this: giant rocks tumbling down a volcano, making their way into the ocean, creating a massive wave taller than anything we've ever seen. This might happen if the Helina Slump on the Hawaiian Big Island collapses into the water. The Kilauea volcano nearby is not sleeping at all; it's erupted in 2018 and before, usually bringing earthquakes with it ...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

edina (13th July 2024), Ivanhoe (14th July 2024), william r sanford72 (14th July 2024), Yoda (17th July 2024)

7. Link to Post #36604
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

The Head of NASA Science Spent a Whole Weekend Building a LEGO Rocket

Early on a recent Monday morning, Nicola Fox, associate administrator of NASA’s Science Mission Directorate and the head of NASA’s science division, shared to social media a triumphant photograph of a massive LEGO rocket. The kit includes 3,601 pieces and stands more than two feet tall when fully constructed. In comparison, the real rocket stands more than 300 feet tall. That rocket saw its first launch in 2022, when it flew Artemis I, an uncrewed test mission around the moon and the first step in the agency’s Artemis program to return astronauts to the lunar surface later this decade.

https://x.com/SolarGirl2018/status/1792482821824479320

Ms Fox talks about her LEGO hobby, the recent spate of high solar activity, and upcoming NASA science she is excited about.

Published 9th July 2024 – Interview by Meghan Bartels – Scientific American
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...a-lego-rocket/

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

william r sanford72 (14th July 2024), Yoda (17th July 2024)

9. Link to Post #36605
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Predicting the Future: The Jetsons

Online Doctor Chat Available 24/7
    https://yourdoctors.online/
    Last edited by Bluegreen; 14th July 2024 at 01:44.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

tessie999 (14th July 2024), william r sanford72 (14th July 2024), Yoda (17th July 2024)

11. Link to Post #36606
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

'I Saw US Army Images of Aliens at Roswell UFO Crash Site and Can't Take Secret to Grave'

In a bombshell report, a new witness claims he would take a lie detector test over the claims

An elderly witness, who claims to have seen official US Government photos showing alien bodies at the Roswell "UFO crash site" in New Mexico, has come forward, to allegedly avoid taking the secret to their grave. The witness claims to be willing to undergo hypnosis or take a lie detector test.

The Roswell mystery has been at the heart of the UFO scene since in July 1947 the military sensationally announced in a press release it had found the remains of a crashed flying saucer in the desert near to the New Mexico town of the same name. However, the following day it retracted the statement, saying it was in fact a damaged US Air Force air balloon.

A photograph was released showing Major Jesse Marcel holding foil debris from the "crash site".

The unnamed witness said, "I prefer not to [reveal names] at this point. I will continue to see if I can locate him, I tried recently but not sure of the results. The main thing about reporting this is because I think I should tell someone.

Published 5th July 2024 by Jon Austin – Express UK
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird...images-witness

Filed 15th June 2024

NUFORC UFO Sighting 181883

Occurred: 1986-10-15 16:03 Local
    Reported: 2024-06-15 12:28 Pacific
    Duration: 20 minutes
    No of observers: 1

Location details: Official government photos from Roswell New Mexico crash site

Shape: Disk
    Color: metallic
    Viewed From: Land
    Angle of Elevation: 45

"I was randomly shown 2 photos unexpectedly one day of the actual Roswell crash site. The photo was face down with a hand cut strip of paper cut out with scissors and a piece of brownish aged scotch tape on the ends of the strip, the strip had typed on it 1947, Roswell New Mexico,-Two Air force officers inspecting alien body in front of wreckage (as best as I remember).

The other photo had no strip of paper on the back. I have been afraid to share this because of the sensitive nature and fear of reprisal from the government, but I am 70 now and I do not feel right just going to my grave whenever that might be with it. The guy wanted to share them but again, fear of reprisal. So, I have deep experience in photography and in certifying documents, zero doubt these were real.

Basically it looked like a graphflex 4x5 inch negative camera with a flash photo taken at night. The photographer was standing and the photo was angled down to where the alien body was on the ground, mostly laying on it's front with the head turned slightly, about 3-4 feet from the camera, then the body, then the two officers squatting/kneeling beside it. One was holding someething that kind of looked like an ink pen and had held it against the arm or back of the suit on the alien and was lifting it. It looked like melted striations running down from the pen or whatever was he was holding.

There was some space between the two officers and a little space on each side of them and you could clearly see the crashed ufo and the skin of the ship ripped and smashed open, not scattered pieces but like a wrecked car that was still together. I could see what some of the construction looked like, some bent metal tubes mostly and small like straight pieces bent up from the crash.

The ship was actually smashed up against a rock and you could clearly see that. I think one of them was Marcel, but at the time, sure I had heard of Roswell but with no internet I didn't really know his look to recognize him, I do now. But I kind of remember him and the other officer being similar in age, body build, both were in like khaki pants and shirts like officers no, ties. Seems like there were name plates on them but I just focused on the alien body. I had them in my hand for about 20 minutes and never saw them again, 1st touch with the person now for 45? years.

I do not mind anything to prove my story, who knows, a lie detector, hypnosis may bring out the names on the name plates but this is all I have. I prefer not to tell his name at this point, I will continue to see if I can locate him, I tried recently but not sure of the results.

The main thing about reporting this is because I think I should tell someone. The official position I looked the other day is still is the radar balloons for detecting soviet nuclear tests and there was no ufo or alien bodies there. The complete opposite is true. There is no way, shape or form that there was not an alien body and a crashed disc saucer smashed there out at the site.

I have gone in with Google Maps looking to find the outcrop of rock it hit, I think I found it. I have never seen anything remotely close to what I have seen,..... until a day or two ago when I was looking again before seeking to get this out. For the first time I saw something similar, part of it was at least, someone did a painting for some ufo museum or something out there and it showed a saucer crashed up against a rock and the part right against the rock was pretty much the same kind of thing like I saw but painted, not photoreal, I am a painter and it was a good representation with an alien who looked injured and I guess staggered from the crash 20 feet and was sitting on a rock.

The rest of the ship shown in the painting is not like what I saw. What I want to know is how did that painter know exactly what the crashed front end of the ship against the rock looked like? I am sure you can find the painting easily enough. I exchanged this info with Stanton Friedman several years before he died. At some point I am suppose to meet with a woman in Ohio the ex president of MUFON I think and share all of this and a little more.

This is what I am sharing with you, as far as I can tell this account of these photos (2) has never been shared or told before never told before. I am not doing this for money, or prestige or anything.... I do not care who believes what, this happened. And what am I suppose to do? Not tell anyone? Ever, and just go to my grave with it? If you are paying attention and you realize, everyone has opinions they are real, I actually know they are. I think once you process this and accept what I am saying, the world changes. In some ways, I wish I never would have seen these, if you can understand that. Best to all. A private citizen."

https://nuforc.org/sighting/?id=181883
    Last edited by Bluegreen; 14th July 2024 at 02:31.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

edina (15th July 2024), Ivanhoe (14th July 2024), RatRodRob...RRR (15th July 2024), skogvokter (19th July 2024), william r sanford72 (14th July 2024), Yoda (17th July 2024)

13. Link to Post #36607
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Fish the Size of a Human Fingernail Is as Loud as a Jet Engine

Danionella cerebrum, a translucent fish only 12mm in size can produce sounds exceeding 140 dB, comparable to the sound perceived by a person standing 100 m from a passenger jet during take-off.

Characterized by translucent skin

Danionella cerebrum fish were originally identified in the 1980s, but the species was officially recognized in 2021 after scientists discovered subtle physical differences between it and Danionella translucida. The two species are so small – about the size of a human fingernail – and so similar that the differences between them could only be identified under a microscope. Recently, a team of researchers also discovered another fascinating characteristic of Danionella cerebrum, one that not only sets it apart from its genus sibling but also puts it very high up on the list of the loudest animals in the world. The tiny translucent fish uses a combination of sonic muscles and drumming cartilage to produce sounds as loud as a lion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danionella_cerebrum

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

edina (15th July 2024), Hym (14th July 2024), Ivanhoe (14th July 2024), RatRodRob...RRR (15th July 2024), tessie999 (14th July 2024), william r sanford72 (14th July 2024), Yoda (17th July 2024)

15. Link to Post #36608
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Stargazing

ALL WEEK, JULY 15-21 — MARS AND JUPITER VISIT TAURUS (PRE-DAWN)

Today — and all this week — Mars and Jupiter will be visible before dawn among the stars and star clusters of the constellation Taurus, "the bull." Look east, and you'll see bright Jupiter, shining to the left of Aldebaran, a bright supergiant star about 65 light-years, known as the "eye of the bull" in Taurus. 

You can trace Taurus's sideways "V" shape of stars, with Aldebaran marking the top of one side and Jupiter on the other. Above the pair will be Mars, which is getting brighter as it waxes towards its once-every 26-month opposition in January 2025. This morning, Mars will be very close to Uranus—about the width of the full moon will separate them — but you'll not see the blue-green planet unless you have binoculars.

MONDAY, JULY 15 — PERSEID METEOR SHOWER BEGINS (EVENING)

Today sees the start of the annual Perseid meteor shower, the most prolific and popular of the year in the northern hemisphere. It runs from today and throughout the month of August, as Earth moves through a stream of meteors left in the inner solar system by comet 109P/Swift-Tuttle.

TUESDAY, JULY 16 — AN 'AFTERNOON MOON' (DAYTIME)

https://www.space.com/naked-eye-nigh...uly-15-21-2024

This weekend sees the rise of a full moon, which the week prior before is perfect for seeing a waxing gibbous moon in the afternoon. It's a consequence of the moon's west-to-east orbit of the Earth (anticlockwise from the north pole). 

Today, the moon will appear above the east-southeast in the late afternoon, while about 78% of the moon is illuminated, making it very easy to see in a clear sky. It will rise about 50 minutes later each day until Saturday when it will rise as a full moon close to sunset. The pre-full moon always stuns during twilight.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

edina (15th July 2024), Yoda (17th July 2024)

17. Link to Post #36609
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Space Weather News

X-CLASS SOLAR FLARE

Sunspot AR3738 erupted on July 14th (0235 UT), producing an X1.2-class solar flare.

Radiation from the flare ionized the top of Earth's atmosphere, causing a shortwave radio blackout over Australia, southeast Asia and Japan. Mariners and ham radio operators in the area may have noticed a loss of signal at all frequencies below 25 MHz.

More explosions are in the offing. AR3738 has a 'beta-gamma-delta' magnetic field' that harbors energy for additional X-class solar flares.

All Sky Fireball Network

On Jul 13, 2024, the network reported 9 fireballs (8 sporadics, 1 alpha Capricornid).

https://www.spaceweather.com/

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

edina (15th July 2024), Hym (15th July 2024), RatRodRob...RRR (15th July 2024), Yoda (17th July 2024)

19. Link to Post #36610
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Michael Clarage: Solar Filaments and You | Thunderbolts

There are filaments originating from the Sun that connect matter, energy, and information out and back to every planet in the solar system. These coronal filaments have been known for decades, but only recently it was discovered that they encompass our entire solar system.

Everything in the solar system lives inside the Body of the Sun—including you. If you traveled to that bright Orb in the sky, you would arrive at the Heart, or the Brain, or the Nucleus of the Sun. The Body of the Sun stretches to the Heliopause—but may even stretch further.

Every year new data shows more connection between the stars, so if someone says the science is settled how stars are aligned in the galaxy, do not feel obliged to believe them.

Published 19th May 2024 (13:19)

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

edina (15th July 2024), Hym (15th July 2024), onawah (15th July 2024), Yoda (17th July 2024)

21. Link to Post #36611
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Space Rock | Seán Doran et al

"Heaven"

(2:49:13)

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

edina (15th July 2024), RatRodRob...RRR (20th July 2024), Yoda (17th July 2024)

23. Link to Post #36612
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Presidential candidate Donald Trump will be staying at the haunted Pfister Hotel for the duration of the RNC ...

Major League Baseball Players Hate Staying At This Hotel

There is a hotel in Milwaukee that MLB players hate staying at so much they will pay out of pocket to stay somewhere else. Hear what they have to say ...

Published 24th November 2023 (12:15)

Quote @JacksonMars

I've stayed at this hotel. It was only for one night, but around 3:00 am of that night, I woke up because the room was unusually cold, probably 50 degrees fahrenheit. I looked down towards the foot of my bed, and there was a silhouette sitting on the end. I stared at it for a good 5 seconds before it just vanished. I had heard about the rumors about the hotel before I stayed there, and was very dismissive of them. Sufficed to say, I packed my things and left several hours before I'd planned to.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

edina (15th July 2024), Ivanhoe (16th July 2024), Kryztian (17th July 2024), Miller (15th July 2024), skogvokter (19th July 2024), Yoda (17th July 2024)

25. Link to Post #36613
    Australia Avalon Member RatRodRob...RRR's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,253 times in 287 posts

Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)
    Is This Really Noah's Ark? | Biblical Mystery at Mount Ararat, Turkey

Megalithomania takes a closer look at what has somewhat surprisingly come up in recent headlines: Noah's Ark.

Published 9th July 2024 (9:48)

Quote Near Mount Ararat on the Turkish border are the remains of what some believe to be the ruined shell of Noah's Ark from Biblical tradition. Geologists say the Durupinar site is a geological basalt formation, whilst researchers like Ron Wyatt believe it could be the remains of Noah's Ark. Petrified wood, metal objects and other evidence has been discovered, and the size of it matches the descriptions in the Bible. In this video we explore the site and the on-site museum to find out more. Includes exclusive aerial footage.
    yeah well, as if that is big enough to hold 2 x of every living thing, it needs further investigation though as it could be an incredible ancient ruin of something important from our past.
    The more people i met, the more i liked my dog.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RatRodRob...RRR For This Post:

Bluegreen (15th July 2024), Miller (15th July 2024), Yoda (17th July 2024)

27. Link to Post #36614
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Last edited by Bluegreen; 16th July 2024 at 23:06.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Yoda (17th July 2024)

29. Link to Post #36615
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Anthony Mackie Asks NASA About Ocean Science

Informative NASA promo about their lesser-known work with the world's oceans.

Published 20th June 2024 (3:16)

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

RatRodRob...RRR (20th July 2024), Yoda (17th July 2024)

31. Link to Post #36616
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Ep. 2018 Paola Harris: UFO/ET Updates

If you're not a longtime follower of the UFO phenomenon, you might not know what these two are talking about. Interview @ 8:00.

Published 11th July 2024 (2:02:36)

Quote Jimmy Church | FADE to BLACK

Paola Harris will discuss the intricate world of UFOs, covering topics such as time travel, the paranormal, advanced science, and spirituality. She will also talk about her recent trip to Japan as well as give an update with new findings on the 1945 crash documented by herself and Dr. Jacques Vallée in TRINITY.

Paola Leopizzi Harris is an Italo-American photojournalist and investigative reporter specializing in extraterrestrial phenomena. With a Master’s degree in Education, Paola has been immersed in this field since 1979, conducting in-depth interviews with military personnel, astronauts, and leading researchers. A prolific freelance writer, she has authored seven books, sharing her extensive knowledge and unique insights into the mysteries of extraterrestrial encounters.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

edina (17th July 2024), Yoda (17th July 2024)

33. Link to Post #36617
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Space Rock News

$200 Meteorite-Infused Vodka Promises Out-of-This-World Taste

French distillery Pegasus decided to celebrate its debut on the US spirits market with a unique product – an ultra-premium vodka infused with a real meteorite.

The aptly named Shooting Star Vodka starts off as organic, locally sourced wheat and botanicals from France. The mixture is then slowly reduced over a month-long period using pure spring water from a well dug 150 meters below the Pegasus Distillery in Burgundy. What sets Shooting Star vodka apart from other premium spirits is the aging process: aged in small batches for at least one year using large terracotta jars with pieces of meteorite suspended in the middle. As the space rock partially dissolves into the vodka, its said to give the spirit a "particular" taste.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Yoda (18th July 2024)

35. Link to Post #36618
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Is This Real? Sharpest UFO Footage Ever!

Low Flying Tehran 2024 UAP Analysed

Skeptical view and analysis of the admittedly stevenspielbergish UFO filmed from multiple angles over Tehran recently.

Published 4th June 2024 (9:48)

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

RatRodRob...RRR (20th July 2024), Yoda (18th July 2024)

37. Link to Post #36619
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Washington DC, Milwaukee Among US Cities Most Vulnerable to Space Weather: UK Study

Several cities in the United States—including the nation's capital—have power grids particularly vulnerable to the threat of space weather—but experts are still trying to understand why.

Researchers at the British Geological Survey (BGS) found that certain regions of the US are more at risk from geomagnetic storms, which occur when the sun spits out solar flares and coronal mass ejections (CMEs).

They can cause geomagnetic storms that have the potential to damage infrastructure both in Earth's orbit and on its surface, ranging from satellites to underground pipelines.

Two of the cities with power grids found to be most vulnerable to the effects of such space weather are Washington DC and Milwaukee, according to Dr. Lauren Orr of the BGS, who is presenting her findings at the National Astronomy Meeting at the University of Hull.

"We have identified certain regions of the US (Washington DC area and Milwaukee) which are repeatedly appearing as 'highly connected' in our network, and hence, are possibly regions particularly vulnerable to the effects of space weather and may benefit from further monitoring," she said.

2017 solar storm

Dr. Orr added that there were "many reasons" the cities may be more at risk to the impact of geomagnetic storms, including "electrical conductivity of the ground, the physical construction of the power grid in those areas, or the location of the auroral currents in the sky."

The work has been carried out in collaboration with Professor Sandra Chapman, of the University of Warwick, and Dr Ryan McGranaghan, of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California.

Published 18th June 2024 by Royal Astronomical Society
    https://ras.ac.uk/news-and-press/new...scientists-say

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Kryztian (20th July 2024)

39. Link to Post #36620
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Sky | Earth | Water

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

edina (21st July 2024), Yoda (25th July 2024)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1831 of 1834 FirstFirst 1 831 1331 1731 1781 1821 1831 1834 LastLast